Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


651 to 700 of 2,436 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

The mother takes the last piece of the meat then curls up so she can lick her wound while watching Jaestra - (but pretend she's isn't)
The puppies curl up next the mother.

Jaestra:

You are not aware of any pack loyalty with thylacine, and see no evidence of it now. You do not detect anything to give you the impression that once you stop holding the meat it won't go for your hand. The young.. just old enough to be out of their mother's pouch might be young enough to have their instincts trained into acceptable behavior.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter walks his horse back to the small shack and dismounts, eyeing the thylacine and her young. "I shall give it a try." He squats down, making a low humming noise and gently motioning with his hands.

Wild Empathy check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I slowly back away and once I am at the door I leave the shack, still facing the dogs. Once I get to Dieter and everybody else I speak up, "The large one may be too difficult to train, but the young pups could easily be trained. But that would mean separating them and I personally don't feel comfortable doing that, however if everyone else decides that they would like to train the pups, I will dutifully accept it."

Seeing the Radish's I walk over to them and start to pick them, as much as I can carry in my bag. "They will be a good source of food in case of an emergency, as long as we don't eat too many of them."


Dieter:

The female allows you to approach. She does not seem threatened by you, and doesn't bite, but you have a feeling that is pretty much all you will get from her (at least today)

Spend rest of the day finishing exploration of this hex?


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

I'm good using the rest of the day to explore and map. Although not a trained cartographer, Vorik will do his best to record and map what the group finds, unless there's someone else who is more skilled.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Not really a cartographer, but Vlad at least has a map maker's kit.


I think Dieter is handling the cartography


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I am happy with spending the rest of the day for exploration.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Exploration works for me.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

I'm fine with exploration. Are we currently in Hex 2 on my map? (in profile)


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Exploration is fine by me.


Dieter - Yes hex 2


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter pulls out his journal and begins sketching the geographic features they assay during their exploration. "A little creek here. A rock formation there. And just add a happy little tree here... and finished."

Kingdom Map APR 16


You explore the area of the woods that makes up the hex on Dieter's map. Overall, you find there is more than enough foliage to sustain far more herbivores than you see signs of animals. Prints Jaestra and Dieter now know to be thylacine are all over ... suggesting the claims of their un-culled number upsetting the balance of things.
In addition to the radish farm shack, you find several other remnants of abandoned homes and hunting cabins. One such abandoned but still intact cabin you find late in the day (in the southwest part of the hex) is one surrounded by maple trees. You find some equipment for extracting sap - although mostly rusty or in disrepair.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"We should let Goodman Leveton know of our findings when we return. We could charge some craftsman a salvage fee to refurbish the equipment and get it running again. Where to next?"

NW of #2?


The maple grove is in hex 2, southwest of the radish patch. This area is pretty much the last left to explore of hex2 - and it takes you close to nightfall to finish. Edit: oh you are asking if group wants to go NW of hex2 next.. gotcha


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Going NW works for me; I personally would prefer to explore all of the hexes near Oleg's before we move further afield...


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Northwest, also sounds good to me.

At the end of the day exploring I try to find some shelter, as I know it will be raining tonight. If I can't find some, I will attempt to build one.

Survival : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 (To build shelter)

I then look to see if anyone has made a fire yet, if they have I will take my horse meat from under my saddle and start to cook it over the fire. I take a single radish, crush it up and put a very thin layer on my meat, to give it more flavour. If a fire hasn't been lit at this time, I shall attempt that too.

Survival : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 (To start a fire)

"Don't forget it will be raining tonight, so make sure to keep yourself dry."

What was decided about the Thylacine and its pups? Was it killed and them taken, all killed or were they left alone?


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

I would have left the thylacines behind, but I will defer to our more nature oriented friends.

"Thanks for the reminder, Jaestra." Vladimir says, finishing his meal and beginning to set up his tent for the night.

"There are a number of dangers out here in the Greenbelt. We should set up watches. Who would like to take what shifts?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"Seeing as my eyes see better in the light, I would like to take the first watch again, if possible."

I am a "Nature Orientated" character and I too would like to have left them alone. Looks like this is down to Dieter as the only other "Nature Orientated" character.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

When the party stops to make camp, Vorik climbs down from the saddle and stretches for several minutes. "It's been quite a while since I've spent so much time in the saddle." Before doing anything else, he sees to his horse giving it a bit of oats and a rub down before tethering it in an place with ample grass near the camp.

Having finished seeing to his mount, the paladin helps gather wood for the fire and then sees to setting up his tent and bedroll. With the warning of rain, he's sure to pick a slightly raised spot to set up and digs a small trench around the tent that drains away from the shelter.

As the discussion turns to watch order he weighs in saying, "I'm already an early riser, so I'd be happy to take last watch."

He fixes his own bit of roasted elk and hard biscuit to satisfy his grumbling stomach and then settles in to spend the remainder of the evening cleaning his armor, hammer, and other equipment while conversing with the rest of the group.

Pulling out a flask of Oleg's ale, he offers the others a drink and then says, "It seems since our arrival in this country we've been busy dealing with bandits and goblins with little time to get to know each other." He turns to Dieter and Hrafen with a smile, "So, what brings the two of you out into this wild land? Seeking fortune, desire to build a better land, curiosity?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Sorry, was in a hrru earlier. I was supposed to ask for the last watch, having good eyes won't help in the dark. Vorik are we okay to do the same as last time, you watch second to last and then you wake me to do the final shift or shall we reverse it this time?


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Assuming Jaestra take 2nd and 3rd watch as described above...

Vladimir props himself against a tree, pulls out a whetstone, and begins sharpening his blade.

"Sounds like I'll be staying up a bit for first watch, I'll wake the next shift in a bit."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Jaestra: Same as last time works fine for me. I'll take second watch. Judging from most of my Perception rolls, I can not spot something sneaking up on us just as easily either way. :)


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

I'm fine with leaving the thylacine. They're obviously not falling to my wiles.

Dieter lopes off of his horse and ties it to a nearby tree near some grazing foliage. "I will take that offer, my good man." He brushes away a few leaves near the fire and sits down stiffly, folding his thin form into a cross-legged position. "I am here because of- well, to be honest, I'm supposed to be here on retainer to House Lebeda. They employ me as an ecologist, which is a rather officious way of saying that I identify natural resources and features for economic development. It keeps my hands busy and my mind occupied, but it lacks a certain substance. I search, identify, and report, but I never create anything. I'm finding that I crave the opportunity to make something. Something on a grand scale. If all goes well, I do not anticipate continuing my employment with Lebeda. No, I think I would like to take a more active role with this assignment. I would like to see the land shaped and molded, coaxed to giving her fruits and bounty to good people with an eye for work. Man is an animal as any bird, fish, or deer. I'd like to be a shepherd to them."

Dieter blinks away from staring into the fire, "My goodness, look at me. Waxing philosophical. I hope that answered your question, master paladin?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"A shepherd? So you like the idea of leading? Do you have many skills that could help this group of ours bring Law and Order to this realm?"


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Listening intently Vorik's head nods along thoughtfully at Dieter's reply. With a smile the paladin says, "There's nothing wrong with a bit of philosophy. It's my experience that often people spend too little time contemplating and discussing the more philosophical questions we all face in our lives."

"I've focused my thoughts on how I can help the people of this land find peace, justice and order, but you're ideas of shepherding the land as a whole is very intriguing." Putting hand to chin he continues, "It seems so obvious as you mention it. After all, how can a society thrive if the land which supplies its food and resources is unhealthy?"

Chuckling to himself, "My thanks, Dieter, it's always a pleasure to have one's own mind exercised and expanded."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter sighs. "Alas, alas, I do not have what my peers in the mercantile industry would call, 'people skills.' I am far more comfortable with my studies and my faith. Perhaps that is what I can bring to the people of this land - faith. The Green Faith has always been a marginal belief system at best, lurking in the shadows while more interventionist faiths have the spotlight. Perhaps teaching the people to live in harmony with nature and to respect the power of the earth will bring them a measure of peace that another faith would not."

The druid gets a far-off look in his eye.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look to Dieter, "I follow the teachings of The Elk Father, Erastil. I feel that both The Elk Father and The Green Faith strive to teach us the same lessons. We should live off of the land, respect nature and don't take nature for granted. The only difference I know of between the two is that The Elk Father teaches us that Family and Community are equally as important, would you agree with that, Mr Stolzdorf?"

I look about to the others, then to Vorik, "I am off to bed Sir Vorik, please wake me when it is my turn for watch. I hope everyone sleeps well." With that I head to my sheltered bed, where I lay everything beside me, loosen my clothes and fall into a silent sleep.

When Vorik wakes me, I shall tighten my clothes again, gather my belongings and do a few rounds of the camp to stretch my legs and make sure no-one is coming to us.

Perception : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Stealth : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 (This is to not wake anyone during my rounds.)


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Waving at Jaestra as she retires, Vorik stifles a yawn himself, "I should get a little shut-eye myself before Vlad has to drag my awake for watch duty."

With a bow of the head to Dieter and the others he says, "The evening has been a pleasure my friends. Here's hoping it remains pleasant and quiet."

He squeezes into his rather small tent for a man his size and within a few minutes a deep, rumbling snore regularly drifts through the camp until it's Vorik's turn for watch.

Perception for watch duty: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Perception for 1st Watch:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Jaestra:

Towards the end of your shift (right around sunrise) you hear some far off howling and barking .. at least mile, probably two miles southish. After a couple minutes you stop hearing it.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen enjoys a restful night's sleep, curled up with his faithful steed.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"Stimulating conversation is always a welcome respite." Dieter slips to bed, lying flat on a bed of leaves. He rises and assists with the third watch.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Once everyone else has woken up I shall start to eat my breakfast which consists of left-over horse meat and bread. Looking to everyone while I eat, "Did anyone else hear the barking and howling during the night? I hear it at about sunrise, it came from the south, no more than 2 miles away. But it quietened down quickly, so I thought we could check it out?"

Once I have finished eating, I take down my shelter, have a drink and brush down my mare as she is eating her breakfast.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen raises an eyebrow.

"No, I slept like a baby. Still, I have no objection to checking it out."

He then warms himself in front of what is left of the fire, and enjoys a hearty breakfast of dried venison, before muttering some arcane phrases under his breath.

Prestidigitation to clean his robes, and impart a pleasant scent of pine to his clothing ;-)


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

While taking down his tent and preparing to move out, Vladimir replies, "Sorry Jaestra, I did not hear anything of the sort. Though we certainly can ride out that direction this morning if you would like."

Noting Hrafen's trick, the swordsman comments "That seems like a good way to use that particular cantrip." and proceeds to something very similar, just without the pine scent.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look to Vladimir, then Hrafen and back to Vladimir, "Cantrip? What are you talking about?"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter rises and dusts himself off. Taking the reins of his horse, he listens to Jaestra talking about barking and howling. "It would be worth investigating. A cantrip, by the way, is similar to an orison - a minor magical ability that does not deplete with casting. I'm sure Goodman Vormenghast could keep us all pristine and smelling of pine for our entire trip."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik rises as the birds start to greet the dawn and the rest of the camp stirs to life. Using a bit of water from his supplies, he washes dust and dirt from his face and hands then fastidiously folds and packs his tent and bedroll.

Foregoing the meat in the morning, the paladin pulls out a couple of Svetlana's biscuits and some dried fruit from his own stores to satisfy his morning hunger.

Finishing off one of the biscuits he answers Jaestra, "I didn't hear anything. Could it have been that brush dog and her pups? Maybe they took more of a liking to you and Dieter than we initially thought and are following?"

"Either way, taking a look, seems a prudent thing to do."

He then sees to his horse, making sure it's fed and watered before getting the beast saddled and ready for another day of exploring the wilds.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look around feeling somewhat left out, "Am I the only person here who has no magical affinity? I was tested when I was younger, but I had no reaction whatsoever. My parents were most un-happy to hear that."

I look to Hrafen, "Although it does sound tempting, I would rather wash my clothes and myself in a river than use this "Cantrip". I love the feel of water running over my skin, it makes you feel clean even if there are better ways to get clean. Does that make sense?"


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen smiles apologetically at Jaestra.

"Everyone has different gifts. Some people just happen to have a knack for the arcane. You have an affinity for the natural world that I certainly lack. I myself enjoy a good bath, but when I am in a hurry, achieving the same thing through magic is a quick and eminently civilised way to do so."


Before moving on to the next area of the map, you head south a bit to investigate the barking sounds Jaestra heard this morning..

After 30 minutes or so, you find the torn apart and mostly consumed carcasses of two deer.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen wrinkles his nose as he regards the carcasses.

"Wolves?"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

With an arcane mutter and a few twitches of his fingers, Dieter summons a faint blue haze that rests on his head and shoulders. He bends down to examine the carcasses.

Use guidance with each roll.

Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Survival 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Dieter:

It was a pack of thylacine 4 or 5, and about the size of the larger one killed earlier. The thylacine tracks are all around, but tracks leading to and from the west (with increased spacing further west) stand out.
There is a fair amount of meat left, and they didn't stay long. You can't recall offhand if this is standard behavior for them or not.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

After a minute of observation and pondering, Dieter speaks. "It was a pack of thylacine. Four, perhaps five, of them by the tracks. They are approximately the size of the larger one killed earlier. The thylacine tracks are all around," he motions with his hand in a circle around them, "but tracks leading to and from the west, with increased spacing further west, are most prominent." He furrows his eyebrows and rubs a finger on his upper lip. "There is a fair amount of meat left, and they didn't stay long. Predators at their hierarchy do not typically kill a prey animal simply to kill it, but I cannot recall offhand if this is standard behavior for them or not."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Do you see tracks of any other sort? Did something scare them away, perhaps a larger predator?"


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"Dieter's right. Back home a pack of coyotes or wolves wouldn't usually leave that much behind."

Vorik says to Jaestra, "Didn't you say that their calls ended abruptly this morning? I'd agree that something else was probably involved."

His brow furrows into a thoughtful frown, "It could have been another predator, although I still don't understand why so much meat is left. Another possibility is that the brush dogs were paired up with more goblins. Now, those creatures do often kill for fun and not out of need. They might also want their mounts as underfed as possible to keep them aggressive. Thus let them eat a little, then drive them off toward another kill."

He adds with a shrug of his shoulders, "Either way, it seems a little further investigation west along their trail might be in order.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"That is, indeed, all that I can see. Investigating to the west seems the proper course of action."

Use guidance, take 10 to follow tracks. Perception 20, Survival 22.

651 to 700 of 2,436 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.