Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


601 to 650 of 2,482 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik brings his hammer around for another strike on the goblin rider he just hit while directing his horse to crush the canine beneath the little beast before it can cause further harm.

Round Two

Vorik: Ride in Combat(DC10): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Vorik: Attack Goblin V7: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Vorik: Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Trained Heavy Horse: Hoof Attack 1 Canine V7: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Trained Heavy Horse: Hoof Attack 2 Canine V7: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Trained Heavy Horse: Damage1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Round 2

Vladimir, having already dispatched one goblin, sees another at the southern treeline and charges.

Charge to (@,16), AC = 16 for the round

Attack:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12 (charge)
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Round 2:

Frowning in irritation, Hrafen urges his dog forward (To S20), and fires two force missles at the retreating goblin (In #15)...

Magic Missle: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10 Force damage.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Round 3 :

I am shocked to see a large mass of plant-life come alive and make sure to stay out of its writhing area, while moving towards the shack (I get to N, 17) but upon seeing that one of the Goblins inside the writhing plant-life is managing to evade the plants I nock an arrow to "GoldFire" and shoot at the evasive Goblin. (N, 12)

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Hrafen, how did you manage to fire 2 Magic Missiles? Don't you have to be level 3 to get 2?


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Not when, amongst other things, you are a tattooed sorceror :-P At present, Hrafen counts as CL 3 for Evocation spells :-D


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Okay, that's sweet!


Vokrik's hammer nearly unseats the goblin rider, the scraggly dog growls - completely focused on Vorik when Vorik's horse knocks it in the head with a hoof.
Vladimir charges the fleeing goblin but is outrun by Hrafen's bolts of force. The pulses of light "THAP" into the back of the fleeing goblin, and it drops just a split second faster than Vladimir's slash.

Round 3
goblins-delaying to dog's init
Jaestra-posted
Dieter(+summoned dog)
goblins/dogs
Vorik
Hrafen
Vladimir

map


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter spurs his mount forward, skirting the outer edge of the entanglement and coming closer to the cabin.

Double move action to U12.

The summoned dog continues to attack the goblin. It disappears at the end of this round.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Seeing the goblin and dog still up, Vorik let's loose with a vicious growl as he brings the hammer down in an attempt to put the little beast out of action for good. He nearly looses his balance with the ferocity of the swing, but manages to catch himself at the last minute. Unfortunately, the awkward move throws the attack of his horse off as both hooves crash down into the dirt, missing the canine completely.

Round Three

Vorik - Ride in Combat(DC10): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Vorik - Attack Goblin V7: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Vorik - Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Trained Heavy Horse Hoof Attack 1 Canine V7: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Trained Heavy Horse Hoof Attack 2 Canine V7: 1d20 ⇒ 2


Round 3
Jaestra's arrow flies into the writhing foliage, and hits the loose goblin square in the chest.
Dieter's summoned dog finishes tearing a mortal wound into the arm of its goblin before disappearing.
The first goblin rider's body crunches from Vorik's blow, and falls dead from its mount.
The dog it was riding bites at Vorik's horse.. as well as the other smaller one in the doorway - now with rider..

Vorik Ride check DC14:

Fail=The larger one tears a gash into the horse's neck.. 9 damage

rolls:
canine V7 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9: damage to Vorik's horse

canine X8 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


bottom of the 3rd
Hrafen
Vladimir

map


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Round 3:

Hrafen urges his dog forward (to U11), and fires more force missles, this time targeting the 'goblin dog' (In V7).

Magic Missle: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9 Force damage.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir hustles over to join Vorik outside of the shack.

Double move to (U,6)


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Round 4 :

I continue to move around the writhing foliage and once I get into a good positions "GoldFire" and I will loose another arrow at the remaining Goblin in the mass of plants. Move to S, 14 and shoot at P, 10)

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Hopefully the penalty to Dexterity will reduce his AC enough for that to hit.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik yanks the reins quickly to help his mount avoid the biting canine. The move causes the rabid dog to just barely miss the horse. It return both horse and rider aim blows at the animal.

Round Three
Vorik Ride to Avoid Damage(DC14): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Round Four
Vorik - Attack Canine V7: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Trained Heavy Horse Hoof Attack 1 Canine V7: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Trained Heavy Horse Hoof Attack 2 Canine V7: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Horse Damage 2: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Round 4
Jaestra's arrow disappears into the foliage .. it seems to have just missed its mark.
The riderless dog snarls and starts to strafe .. two of Hrafen's bolts sink into its flank. It yelps and looks for the source - completely distracted from the hoof which caves its skull.
There is the sound of rotting boards being smashed from the south side of the shack.. two tiny wild dogs come around the west side of the building and bark..

Vladimir:

Past the young wild dogs, you see a goblin running from the back (south) of the shack to a pile of boards covering a hole in the ground (@,3)

rolls:

goblin EA check 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 2 = 6

Round 4
Jaestra - posted
Dieter-
Vorik-posted
enemies-(one dog and rider waiting)


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir points and calls out to his companions, "Two dogs and another goblin have come out the side of the shack! Looks like the goblin is heading for a covered hole!"

Covered hole in (@,3)


map


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I had hoped that would hit, oh well just have to loose another arrow next round. I can't get to the fleeing Goblin in my next turn, sorry. No way of getting there and attacking at the same time, sorry.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter holds his action, not wanting to harm his allies with a spell.

All of my spells and abilities are area-effect. :(

Note to self: Buy a ranged weapon.


The goblin in the shack gives up trying to ride the smaller dog .. he turns and runs out the back (to #,5). The shaggy canine barks and backs away.. (5' step to Y,7)

Bottom of the 4th
Hrafen
Vladimir


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir moves to engage the fleeing goblin, leaving himself open to an attack from one of the small dogs in the process.

Move to (Z,4), provoking an AoO from the dog in (V,5)

Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 (expertise, penalty negated by trait)
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

AC for AoO = 18, AC after the attack = 19


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Noting that a Goblin has retreated through the house, Hrafen urges his mount to thunder through the foliage to the back of the building (#10).

With the fleeing Goblin (#5) finally in his sights, he grins mercilessly, and fires another pair of force missles at it.

Magic Missle: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10 Force damage.


Hrafen and Vladimir each drop a fleeing goblin.. The two puppies nip at Vladimir as he runs past .. but mostly just bark..

roll:

goblin EA check 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 2 = 15

Round 5
Jaestra
Dieter
Vorik
Canines
Hrafen
Vladimir

map


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter spies one of the goblins attempting to escape the entangling vegetation. "I think not, you little dirt rat!" He wheels his horse to the north and stretches out his hand. His eyes glow silver for a moment and a sudden gust of wind tussles his hair and clothing. With a whoosh, a funnel of compressed air erupts from his outstretched hand.

Move to P17. Use Wind Blast on goblin O14.

Bullrush 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Assuming he has the standard goblin CMD of 12, that should knock him back 15 feet to the northwest.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Seeing my target start to leave the mass of writhing plant-life I take another shot at him.

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Feeling confident that my target is no longer a problem I start to move towards the rest of the action, finally standing beside Vorik ready to assist any way that I can. (Make it to U, 9)

Sorry about that Dieter, it is the only action I could do, especially as I had been shooting at them already. That is a really cool ability though!


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Quite alright! I can use it up to seven times per day, after all.

In my mind, I like to imagine that he's shouting FUS RO DAH at the goblin. :)


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Skyrim fan then? :)


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

With the goblins and first dog out of the fight, Vorik jumps down from his horse and steps through the door to deal with the second beast. Taking a quick swing at the beast, he misses badly. With a grumble of frustration at his own lack of focus, he resets and readies for another attack.

Round Five
Vorik - Fast Dismount(DC20) to V7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Vorik - Step to X7
Vorik - Attack Wild Dog at Y7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


The goblin trying to sneak out of the entanglement catches an arrow to the throat and is then blasted deeper into the foliage - which draws in his now lifeless corpse and reclaims the blown back path of the blast..

The canine snarls and snaps, Vorik brings his shield forward too late and feels the crush of the beast's powerful jaws to his left thigh.

Y7 canine bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage to Vorik

The puppies continue to bark as ferociously as they can, but do not seem to pose any real threat..

Bottom of the 5th
Hrafen
Vladimir


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir, hearing the dog inside with Vorik enters the shack through the back entrance, and slashes at the last of the aggressive dogs.

Move to (Z,7), picking up the flank from Vorik.

Attack:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 (flank, expertise - penalty negated by trait)
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

With only a dog left, Hrafen reins-in his bloodlust, and moves over to inspect the burrow the Goblin was aiming for...


Vladimir's blade severely injures the beast .. its eyes go in and out of focus, but it still stands..

Round 6
Jaestra
Dieter
Vorik
Doggie
Hrafen
Vladimir


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I place "GoldFire" back onto my back and draw my blade while walking towards Vorik. I step into the room, beside Vorik blade drawn and ready to strike.


Knowledge(nature)DC12:

The injured canine in the shack is a female thylacine - locally referred to as a brush dog. It is a different breed than the now dead larger male.

You approach the injured odd creature... it the size of a dog, but the slender build of a cat. (about 4 feet long, 2 feet high at the shoulder).. (the male outside was close to 6 feet long) It has heavy whiskers and dark stripes down its back and down its long rat-like tail.


Hrafen:

The hole is about 2 and a half feet in diameter, with a square of flat rocks around it .. broken panels and loose boards are all around. A foul smell comes from the hole ... like death mixed with sewage.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter squints at the animal, then reaches to his belt and withdraws a small chapbook from his belt pouch. He thumbs through a few pages, looking at various illustrations and notations. Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

"That is a Thylacinus cynocephalus. A 'thylacine,' a marsupial carnivore that typically hunts in packs at night. Those goblins have likely been torturing the poor beasts. If possible, I would like to take the carcass back to the trading post for examination. We could likely learn a great deal about our surroundings just from its teeth and stomach contents."


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen shrugs.

"Whatever you want to do is fine by me. What do you want to do with the pups and the injured adult? We could always take them back to Oleg's to be trained as pet / guard animals"

He then gestures towards the hole.

"It smells like a cess-pit, but the Goblins may have been living down there... Is there anything useful in the shack?"


The shack is full of garbage, shattered furniture, a torn-up straw mattress .. a small table with two legs left.. and one chewed-up human-sized leather boot.
The injured female growls .. but less fiercely, and backs into the corner by the battered mattress..


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"Hmm... my specialty is taxonomy, not necessarily field practice." He turns to Jaestra. "Perhaps you could calm this frightened animal?"

I have zero ranks in Handle Animal and a lowly +1 modifier on my Animal Empathy. I would like to try to avoid killing this poor thing.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I glance about one last time to check if there is anything else around that could attack us, apart from the pups.

Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

I nod to Dieter, "Would you all like to step back please, I don't want to frighten it more than it already is." Then I bend down to one knee and hold my hand out, palm open and hold it there waiting for the poor creature to move closer. Then realising what Dieter said, I reach into my bag slowly and pull out a piece of Horse meat and place that about a foot in front of my outstretched hand. I also lower my head in a sign of respect, as if I was part of their hierarchy and was a lower rank that the creature.

Wild Empathy : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Would I get a bonus for offering the meat? If so, how much?


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir backs away and resheaths his sword after wiping off the blade.

"Vorik, looks like she took a pretty good chunk out of your leg, let me me help you with that." the swordsman says casting a healing spell on the injured paladin.

CLW:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 (caster level 2 due to Magical Knack trait)


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

As the others arrive and Jaestra attempts to calm the wild beast, Vorik lowers his hammer and steps back taking the weight off of his injured leg. With a nod of appreciation and thanks to Vladimir, the big man leans back in relief as the healing magic flows through the injured leg bringing relief from the pain and strength back into the wounded limb.

"Ahhh. Many thanks Vladimir. In the heat of the fight, I didn't realize how bad that hurt."

Still rubbing his leg a bit, Vorik watches Jaestra's efforts to calm and befriend the brush dog. Turning to Dieter he asks "I'm a fair hand at working with animals. Are those creatures really trainable? This might just be the battle energy still running its course, but that beast doesn't seem to have the right temperament for being around people much."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Your temperment might be a bit foul too, if you had to live with goblins." Vladimir says with a smirk.


The female quiets her growling but does not approach .. the two puppies come in the back door start barking at the meat. The female the cautiously approaches, grabs the meat, then backs away ... the two puppies follow, and she drops the meat. The puppies tear at it while she keeps an eye on the group.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"Ha!" Vorik laughs at Vladimir's comment. "True enough, true enough."

Wrinkling his nose at the stench of the cabin he says, "The smell alone is enough to drive any sane creature to the brink of the abyss. I think I'll give Jaestra and the creature a bit of space, might be all of us add to the things anxiety. Plus, I could use a little fresh air for myself."

Stepping out into the open air, he takes a couple of deep breaths to try and get the goblin stench out of his system.


With the fighting over, and the foliage returning to normal .. you get a chance to look around.
A couple barrels of rainwater and rotting vegetable sit by the shack. A few broken farming implements lie about .. the heads of rakes and hoes have been battered into crude weapons. The clearing looks like a small simple farm plot that has not been worked at least this past growing season.. The predominant plant looks like a fat round red radish, but about a quarter of them are white.
The hole in the ground behind the shack appears to be what is left of an outhouse.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter slowly walks his horse around the property, keeping an eye open for any sign of the previous occupants.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Once everyone else is out of the cabin I slowly make my way back and sit on the floor, with my back to the wall and hands on my knees. I stay there until we leave or until the hungry creature comes to me in a non-aggressive manner.

If the creature comes to me, I shall slowly extend my hand so that it can smell it and if it continues to come to me I shall try to stroke it back gently.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik takes a few minutes to look around the little field. Not seeing anything else of interest he says with a snort, "Hmph, nothing but radishes. Gods, no wonder most of the creatures were sick if that's all they were eating."

Flicking a glance at the cabin he asks the others, "So, do we pull up the vegetables and burn the cabin or risk leaving everything and having the little vermin return? After all, that certainly couldn't have been the whole tribe. There has to be more somewhere nearby."


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen shrugs.

"A scorched earth policy sounds perfectly reasonable to me... We should knock the infestation on its head before it becomes a *real* problem..."

601 to 650 of 2,482 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.