Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


1 to 50 of 2,614 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

page 1
page 2
page 3

Two bandits leading horses enter the grounds of the trading post. Four more, who must have lashed their horses to the hitching fence outside, follow on foot close behind. Kaylee shifts slightly under the wagon to remain unseen. Peregrine peering over the low wall of the stable, his mind instinctively judging the "spread" of the enemy for spellcasting.
"Oooooleg! Open for business? Ha! Where is the little lady? .. She didn't.. leeeave you did she?" The other bandits snicker at the schoolyard taunts made by the mouthy leader. He casually gestures with his hand and the two leading the horses get to work loading their saddlebags with items from the storage shed.

The three on foot follow their leader over to the tables, picking at the food and inspecting the amount of alcohol as they straddle the benches. The leader waits to speak again once his mouth is only half full. "So.. Oleg.. you got a little gold for me?" he smacks his lips, inspects his hands and wipes them on his thighs.

The double door to the main house opens... and Gaddak appears.

surprise round map


corrected surprise map

Kaylee:
I'm assuming from reading IC thread, that you have a longbow, arrows, and enough leather in your outfit for 1 AC or armor. Also you can have a simple weapon sidearm with you... we can figure out what other gear and gold you have after this encounter. Let me know if there is anything else essential to have with you during this ambush.... or if you have your gear listed elsewhere...


DM:
I've already gone ahead and fixed my sheet as well as adding my AC and CMD/CMB to my combat section. I'll redo my history section when I have the time. If you read the IC thread, then you probably read the part where I complained about Paizo not saving my last update that included my character's appearance as well as those other things. I just saw no reason waste the time to fix my character sheet since I thought I wouldn't be playing that character any more.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

DM:
Do I still keep my previous rolls for Perception, attack and damage as they were on page 3, or do you want me to roll again? Just checked it out and from my new position, I am still within range of the bandit leader (100 ft).

I would like to thank-you again for taking this group under your wing.

1 final thing, are you okay with me being 2 Archetypes (as neither sacrifice the same ability) and are you okay with me getting an Elk as an Animal Companion at level 4? As the Beast-master Archetype I get the same companion selection as a Druid.


Kaylee:
OK great .. nevermind then

Jaestra:
2 archetypes that don't conflict is perfectly fine

I'd like to start the surprise round "fresh" (with new rolls and declared actions) starting with Gaddak exiting doors. Everyone gets one action in the surprise round if desired.

initiative:

Peregrine 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Jaestra 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Vorik 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Gaddak 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Kaylee 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Happs 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (20) - 4 = 16
Thug 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (14) - 4 = 10
Bandits 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (18) - 6 = 12


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

DM:
Okay thank-you. Means I am covering the Rogue too. What about the Elk? Could we have the discussion thread opened? Just for the out of character discussions?

I will stand up, nock an arrow to my bow string and draw the string back. Holding it back, ready to let my arrow loose if things goes badly. (I am using my move action to stand. I think that is all I can do this round.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

As Gadduck steps out and orders the bandits to surrender, Vorik quickly shoves the open gate closed. The sound of the bar dropping into place, rings through the compound sealing the bandits inside.

His initial task complete, Vorik hefts hammer and shield and turns to face the nearest bandit. "Your days of harassing and stealing from these good people are over, drop your weapons or face the judgement of your devil's soul by my hand and hammer."

Surprise Round
Init: 19
AC: 16(18 with Shield)
HP:11/11
Effects: None


Surprise round:
Initiative: 7, AC: 15, HP: 8

As Gaddak appears, Kaylee notches an arrow and points it towards the bandit leader, moving if necessary to get a clear shot at him.


Peregrine quietly took up his crossbow into his left hand and carefully drew a small bit of fine sand from a pouch on his belt with the other. Peering through a crack in the boards, he watched as they set about their unlawful business, helping themselves to the goods and food of Oleg and Svetlana. He could feel his heart's pace quicken as the inevitable conflict hurtled ever closer, but his hands remained steady as a cold hard numbness crept over him.

When Gaddak stepped out, about to deliver his ultimatum, it occurred to Peregrine that if the bandits thought it an even match they would be unlikely to surrender. Making a snap decision he decided to give them some incentive to to yield. Peering over the low stable wall Peregrine intoned a deep somnolent word and blew the sand from his hand over the courtyard. The air grew thick and heavy, and settled like a blanket around the men gathered at the table, weighing down their minds with the warm invitation of sleep.

During the surprise round Peregrine will cast Sleep on the 4 men gathered at the table. Will save DC15.

At the start of the regular round Peregrine will use his Prescience ability.
Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 8.

If 0-1 bandits are affected by his Sleep spell.:

Peregrine cursed the vagaries of magic and called upon the ring he used as a focus. He could feel it grow warm beneath his glove as pulled on its arcane reserves to bring his spell back to mind, and with steady determination he began to weave the enchantment once more, continuing to will the heavy, sluggish weight of slumber down on the courtyard.

Cast sleep one more time on the bandits at the table, if possible he will adjust the targeting to leave out the one that may have been affected it possible and still being able to include the others.

If 2 or more bandits are affected by his Sleep spell.:

Peregrine nodded in satisfaction and turned his attention to the nearest brigand. With a deft motion he snagged something from a pouch and spoke a word that seemed to jangle discordantly through the air as he directed his will toward his intended target.

Peregrine will cast Dazeon the Bandit in M16. Will Save DC 14.


The bandits all scattered about. Some to eat, others fetched goods from the storage and the leader addressed Oleg. This Gaddak felt was his cue.

The big man stepped out of the house with sword in hand. His shield was loosely hung over his shoulder. He took slow, deliberate steps as he strode towards the leader, weighing him up and down.

"I'm afraid Oleg will no longer 'trade' with you," he said sternly out loud, allowing his companions to ready themselves and draw attention to himself as the gates closed.

"and your days of banditry will come to an end. I will give you one chance to lay down your arms peacefully. Those who do will be spared, those who don't... well, let's just say it gets messy."

quoted Gaddak from old thread

sleep saves:

Happs (O-11) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 failed
Thug (P-10) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 failed
Bandit (P-12) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 failed
Bandit (O-13) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 saved

As Gaddak slowly strides toward the leader, the bandit leader and two of his nearby men suddenly slump over, fast asleep. Oleg catches himself watching in wonder before escaping through the doors opened by Gaddak.

order of actions:

Round 1----
peregrine -- actions posted
vorik
Bandit leader Happs -- asleep
Jaestra
Banditsone asleep, rest shaken 1 rd
Gaddak
ThugBandit -- asleep
Kaylee

round 1 map


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Round 1

Seeing that half the bandits have fallen asleep (including the leader), 'I don't know what will happen now. The leader can't accept our terms of surrender, but the underlings may. As long as they are not worried he will kill them once he awakes.'

I will move along the wall, to get a better view, one without the stable in the way while still having "GoldFire" (my bow) drawn and ready to loose the arrow.

I will be taking a double move action to get to square U18

Once I am at my destination I will look over the wall to see if there are any more bandits outside or anyone ready to send a signal that something has gone wrong.

Perception : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Once I have looked over I shall speak up while aiming my bow at the bandit in the middle of the courtyard (N15), 'You are surrounded, half your number are of no threat including your leader, I suggest you surrender!' (If there are any more outside or any signaler, I shall call down to Vorik to inform him.)


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

With a smile on his face, Vorik raises his hammer and moves in towards the startled bandits. Watching them for any sign of surrender or threat his raises his weapon to put the first villain down if necessary. "Don't make a move friend. Surrender and give up your thieving ways or the gods have mercy on your soul."

Move to P14

If they surrender:
He moves to kick away their weapons and bind them with rope.

If they do not surrender:
He raises his hammer and brings it down in an attempt to knock the nearest bandit unconscious.

Attack Roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Round One
AC: 16(18 with Shield)
HP:11/11
Effects: None
Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


daze save:

1d20 - 3 ⇒ (7) - 3 = 4 :failed

JaestraPercep:

You only see the four remaining horses and no signs of trouble

The two bandits who were leading the horses stand horrified... the one still awake at the table stands, almost falls over the bench turning to run. He glances at Vorik and then at his only standing allies. "Forget Happs! Get that gate open!! Now!" Unfortunately, one of those allies M-16 now stands in an unnatural trance.
The bandit now taking charge draws open his cloak revealing his holster of throwing knives... He backpedals toward the gate O-13 to P-13 preparing to throw a dagger at Gaddak to delay him. The bandit notices Vorik charging just in time to duck below his hammer, receiving a small shower of broken stone instead.
The bandit flips the dagger in his hand and thrusts futilely at Vorik.

P-13bandit vs Vorik1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 2 = 13 :miss

The remaining bandit N-15 pulls a longsword from its sheath, strapped to the nearest horse. "Get the archer!" unaware of the dazed condition of his friend...Hoping for the best, hands shaking.. he charges at Vorik, as well.

O-14bandit vs Vorik1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 2 = 14 :miss


order of actions:

Gaddak
Thug bandit -- asleep
Kaylee
----end of round 1---

round 1 updated map


The still standing bandits appear handled... Gaddak moves to the nearest sleeping bandits and begins disarming them.


Not wanting to fire into any melee combat, Kaylee trains an arrow on the dazed bandit and readies an action to fire at him if he tries to attack when the daze wears off. She will warn him again to surrender before she fires.

attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


order of actions:

peregrine
vorik
Bandit leader Happs -- asleep unarmed
Jaestra
Bandits one asleep
Gaddak
ThugBandit -- asleep
Kaylee

round 2 map


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I will ready an action to attack any bandits that get within 10 feet of the gate, looking like they want to leave. If none seem to head to the gate, I will attack the Bandit in combat with Vorik (The one in square P13)

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 (-4 if attacking P13)
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Round 2
Attack Bandit at P14 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Keeping himself between the bandits and the gate, Vorik swings again at the bandit directly in front of him. In a show of strength and skill he adjusts his aim at the last second to get past the man's defenses and bring the hammer down in a crushing blow to his leg. A look of grim satisfaction crosses his face as he feels the weapon strike clean and hard.

DM: I'm trying to take the bandits down without killing them outright, thus the strike at the leg to incapacitate.

AC: 16(18 with Shield)
HP:11/11
Effects: None


The bandit with the longsword calls out to his ally that did not advance with them "What are you doing?! Get that ar-" he turns to see his friend wince from a near miss and throw down his weapon... He turns back in time to see the bandit next him topple.. leg shattered and screaming.. "Olright ... " He drops his sword...


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I am still aiming "GoldFire" at the bandit who has just dropped his sword and if he moves in a threatening manner to any one, I will loose my arrow aiming for his shoulder. 'That was a smart move!'

I call out again, 'Sir Vorik, might you have a rope on hand? It would be nice to tie everyone up and then offer them our terms. That way, they can't surprise us with a knife in the back.'


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik steps up and kicks the bandit's sword away so it isn't within reach. "Alright, on your knees and put your hands behind your back. Any move from you and you'll end up like your friend over there." He nods to the downed, screaming bandit for a little emphasis.

Setting his shield aside, he grabs a couple lengths of rope for just such a purpose and waves his hand so Jaestra can see. "Aye, I've got some handy. Keep them covered while we get them secured."

He then proceeds to secure the bandits, being sure to remove any weapons or other items that might be used to escape or cause harm.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I nod as Vorik waves his hand, 'Don't worry Sir Vorik, I have you covered.'

I speak up a little bit more, 'Sir Gaddak, are you able to bind the bandits near you without problems?'


"Ensorcelled the boss, eh?" he eyes Vorik curiously as he gets to his knees "Who are you? ..What... Oleg got friends now, eh?"
He sits quietly while Vorik ties his bonds... "A lot of Sir's bein' bandied about... guess I shoun't feel so bad.. bein beaten to surrender by some truly noble citizens brigade.."

The bandit near the stables also on his knees calls out to him "Shut it Budgie.. not surrenderin just to have your mouth get me killed.."


bandit gear:

4 leather armor
2 studded leather
1 chain shirt
2 short swords
1 longsword
1 cold iron shortsword
6 daggers
1 dagger bandolier
4 light riding horse -- all young and branded
1 light combat trained horse
2 heavy horses
1 light crossbow
1 longbow
1 compound shortbow (Str +1)
1 composite longbow (Str +2)
2 vials alchemist fire
12 trail rations
4 quivers 72 arrows
1 quarrel 19 bolts
5 unmarked vials
7 identical dark blue hooded wool cloaks
carved bone blowgun
pouch of 12 blowgun darts
silver amulet of deer skull
crude bone pipe
pouch of shredded tobacco... smells like radish and pine sap
silver and onyx wide band "lattice-style" ring
46gp


Seeing that the situation seemed to be in hand, Peregrine emerged from the stables, and giving the surrendered bandits wide berth, he went to help bind the slumbering outlaws with great alacrity.

My apologies for not being more responsive, I had a bit of a busy weekend. I'll make a longer post tomorrow afternoon.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Until every bandit is tied up, I will have "GoldFire" drawn and ready to loose.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik finishes securing the bandits and moves them over against the guest house wall where he can keep an eye on them. To Budgie he says with a fierce grin, "So you've a problem with nobility, eh? Well, I can say you need not worry yourself, I'm certainly no Lord, just a man helping another against villains such as yourself and you're leaders."

He nods towards Budgie's companion and adds, "You should listen to your friend. Cooperation and good behavior is the only chance you've got to escape the hangman's noose."


Once the bandits were all properly bound Peregrine turned to his companions. "We should separate them, the one called Budgie and his friend over by the stables, their leader in the storage shed, and the rest against the north wall. There are questions that need answered."

Once the bandits are all properly bound and what not, assuming no one stops him, Peregrine will do his best to begin separating them.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

'Would you like me down their to assist you all, or would you prefer me up here, ready to shoot anyone that tries to make a dash for the gate?'

If assistance is required:
I remove my arrow from "GoldFire's" string and place it back in my hip quiver. I place the bow over my back, into its usual carrying position and then I jump down from the pallisade into the pile of Hay and Straw. Once I am down, I will follow orders and help in any way I can.

If assistance is not required:
I remain on the wall, with "GoldFire" drawn and ready to loose my arrow at anyone who tries to escape through the gate. Readied Action to shoot anyone attempting to flee.


As Gaddak and Peregrine finish securing the sleeping bandits near the fire pit, the bandit leader starts to wake.
"No no no NO!" he struggles with his bonds...
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 : failed vs DC (20+CMB of binder +2 aided by Gaddak)
"Yaaaargh! Kressle will kill you all!!" As he is being led to the storage shed, he kicks and yells.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"Sounds like a good plan, Peregrine."

Vorik waves toward Jaestra and says, "I believe they're all secure. If you can lend a hand moving them, that'll make things go a bit easier." With a nod towards Happs he adds, "Maybe throw a gag around our feisty friend over there."

Turning towards Kaylee he points to the bandit with the shattered leg, "I know he'll likely face the rope, but is there anything you can do to ease his pain and quiet him for a while?"

He then starts dragging Budgie and the other bandit over to the stables.


You gag Happs and separate as Peregrine's suggestion. The largest man, a thuggish brute with calloused fists the size of hams, gives you a bit of trouble... mostly growling and testing his bonds, forcing you to check and tighten them.
While finding a spot in the stables Budgie starts up again.. "You know friend, you really did startle us... think you may have misunderstood us. We really meant Oleg no real harm. Looks worse than it is really... Woulda had no part of it otherwise, really..."


Once all the bandits were in place Peregrine asked his companions who wished to take part in the interrogations and then went first to question the pair in the stables. For several moments he simply stood observing them in the dusty shade of the structure, steadfastly ignoring any comments form the loudmouthed brigand. When Peregrine finally spoke up he proceeded in that measured, passionless tone of his.

"Budgie, was it? I'm sure that you must realize by now that you are in a great deal of trouble. Put simply, the penalty for unrepentant banditry is death by sword or by rope, and more to the point we are empowered to carry out such. The only hope for you and your friend here is to be as helpful and honest as possible. To that end we will ask you some questions, a refusal to answer would be a sure mark of irrepentance. We will ask the same questions of your fellows, pray that you and they are honest and your answers support one another, for lies would be a sure mark of irrepentance. Don't be the group whose answers do not match the other two. So let's get to it, shall we?"

"First, tell me about the men you've come with today, particularly the one you called boss. Also, who is this Kressle he mentioned? How many more of you are there? Do you have a camp, or base of operations, if so, where is it? Are you expected back and when? And any other little detail you can think of, your miserable hides depend on it."


Budgie stares blankly at Peregrine as he speaks to him.. "Caw.. quite a mastery of the language you have there.. reminds me of me mum." Budgie soon begins to sense from Peregrine's body language that his chit chat is not being received well..
"Olright.. " He changes the tone of his voice to better accommodate giving the "straight scoop".. "The boss over there.. Happs... big talker as long as he's got a couple big boys withim. Sometimes plays games in the sack with Miss Kressle, but that's 'bout the only thing he knows not to jaw about. Kressle is a mean one .. she's the boss of us bluecloaks.. once smacked Arliss here stupid for looking at her bum, caw!."

The other bandit protests "Lies! Lies! Father warned you!"

Budgie rolls his eyes and continues.. "Err how many? ..there were 'bout eight of us left when we left the eight of em .. us I mean, sir. Takes us from just after eggs til 'bout sunrise.. but we do take our time.. it's south of here, sir. Expected back 'bout this time tomorrow sir.. I would say, would be a good idea, talking 'bout details, sir, if I dare to say, stay out of those woods.. go along treeline until ya hit the river, then follow river (gestures to the right) about one hour to camp... tell them.." he expression turns wicked and delivery grave.. "..tell them the worthless maggot says 'hello'.."

The other bandit gasps .. Budgie cackles quietly and briefly.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik joins Peregrine in the questioning, but doesn't say much as he let's the other man do all of the talking. Instead he listens carefully trying to judge if Budgie and the other are telling the truth and truly wish to change their ways or not.

Sense Motive - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Vorik:

it is difficult to tell.. Budgie may be more vindictive than repentant.. he does not appear to be lying .. his motivations regarding staying out of the woods seem complicated but again .. does not appear to be lying.
The other just seems scared and mortified by Budgie's loose tongue..


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I perform the duties given to me by Vorik, I grab a long piece of leather and gag the leader with it. Once completed I stand about 5 feet away from the bandit leader, just watching him cautiously. My hands ready to grab a weapon, should he break free of his bonds.

'I'm really glad Sir Vorik mentioned gagging this man, even gagged he is still making a nuisance of himself. I would hate to hear what he was actually saying. But who is this Kressle he shouted of, could it be someone higher up than him? It must be, he wouldn't threaten us with an underling.'

Once I see Vorik and Peregrine finish their questioning; of their current bandits, and leave the building where said questioning was being performed. I will call out to them, 'Sir Vorik, Mr Fetch, would you like to speak with the leader of this small group now? I will remain here while you question him, I hope you don't mind. But I don't want him to give us any nasty surprises and I think having a weapon aimed at him may deter such thoughts.'


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Speaking quietly, Vorik says to Peregrine and Jaestra, "That Budgie fellow is a spiteful little man, but he seems to be telling the truth about the woods and those left back in their camp. I'm not sure I'd trust him as far as I could throw a dragon's tail, but I don't think he's leading us astray in that regard."

When Jaestra mentions the bandit leader, Vorik nods and says in a grim voice, "That one is trouble for sure. Master Peregrine may have some questions for him, but once he's finished, I'd suggest our fierce leader of this rabble be the first to face judgement and justice. He certainly doesn't strike me as willing to mend his ways."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

As we are all heading towards the Bandit Leader, to let Peregrine question him, I speak to my current companions. 'Sir Vorik, Mr Fetch, do you think that we should try to sort out their camp straight after this affair has been sorted, or should we try to do some scouting and maybe finding some local allies who could help us in our mission to remove all banditry and bring Law to this land?'


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"'Tis hard to know the answer to that question. If we can hit them quickly and catch them unaware we may be able to strike an easy blow early in our quest. If we wait longer and try to gather strength, they will certainly be more prepared, given the disappearance of their friends. But we might have more safety in numbers."

He nods towards Budgie and his friend, "They'll likely out number us if there are still eight or nine back at the camp as Budgie said, so surprise may be our best bet."

Stroking his beard lightly while thinking he adds, "These didn't show much heart for a fight or skill once their leader was down. Assuming the others are the same, if we managed a quick blow against this Kessle woman, the others may fall quickly. I think we would should at least scout their camp and if possible try to take them quickly and by surprise before they can cause more trouble with Oleg and the other good folk of the region."

Looking back to Jaestra he smiles and says, "But what are your own thoughts on the matter?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I listen intently to Vorik and agree with everything he says. 'Well, Sir Vorik, I believe we could take the camp out by surprise if we were to attack soon. If everyone who is able to use a bow, we could even take out any threats from a range, so that we will still be hidden and dealing their numbers a fierce blow. How does that sound to you, dear Vorik, Mr Fetch?'


DM Bloodgargler, pardon me, but I'm not familiar with the use of 'eggs' as a notation of time. Assuming my character would be familiar with the term, about how long would 'just after eggs til 'bout sunrise' be?

Peregrine gravely absorbed the spiteful bandits information and asked him a few more questions about his fellows, who they were, and how they came to join up, subtly trying to ascertain if all had come to the lifestyle by their own free will. When he was finished he stepped outside and quietly talked with Vorik and Jaestra.

After considering the question of how to approach the bandit camp for a short time Peregrine finally spoke up, carefully weighing each option. "We have until about this time tomorrow morning, perhaps the afternoon, depending on how tight a ship this Krestle runs, before these so called Bluecloaks realize something is amiss. At which point they will become considerably more wary, I should think. What, then, are our options? If we move swiftly we might catch them unawares, though there will be more of them, and even though surprised, they will have the advantage of being on familiar ground with whatever defenses they may have prepared. Whereas we will not have so great an advantage as we did here today."

"Should we tarry to gather allies which we may or may not be able to find, we run the risk that they may move their camp should they find out what has happened to their fellows. There is also the danger that they may come at us, which could be very dangerous to not only ourselves, but to Oleg and Svetlana. How would we know when or how they might come? We will lose the initiative if we wait overmuch, and I fear that would be most costly."

"Another idea might be to approach the camp, but wait until they realize that something has gone wrong. Given the lack of law in the region up until now, it is reasonably to believe they may not immediately surmise the fate of their fellows. Unless this Krestle is exceptionally wary, it is likely she will send two or three of her men to find out what has become of her stolen gains. We could ambush them on the trail and then go after the camp, thereby splitting their number."

Once everyone is done discussing what it is that should be done, Peregrine will continue on with his questioning of the men, first with those at the north wall and then with their leader. He'll have them all the same speech he gave Budgie and his friend, and then weigh and compare and compare answers to see how everything stacks up. Bloodgargler, we can play through those conversations, just pick up with Happs, or just narrate out the general outcome of the interrogations in how their various testimonies match and/or differ. Whichever you'd prefer (or if you can think of a more convenient way to proceed that's cool too), and then we can add any follow up questions from there.


Peregrine approaches the bandits held at the north wall .. He begins to question them in much the same way as the first two. The two here seem more like battle hardened mercenaries than the first two, in quality of gear, demeanor, and physique. The large thuggish one speaks "You fight like cowards.. I will tell you nothing. Your words will not wash my blood from your hands... " A sneering wolfish bandit lashed next to him adds, now emboldened and crazed .. "Haha! Words Words .. civilIzAAtion HA!! These woods .. the WILD will DEVOUR YOU!! rrruUFF!! rrRUFF!" barking like a lunatic..


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"The more I hear, the more I'd agree that we should be more proactive in dealing with these scoundrels."

Thinking things through with the others he continues, "I certainly wouldn't want to endanger our hosts further, they've already been through enough. Besides I'm not one who likes to let the enemy choose the field of battle and plan to his advantage. We've struck a good blow here and I'd hate to lose our advantage."

"It seems to me like our best course would be to finish dealing these fellows and then make haste to scout out their camp. From there we can see how many we would face and our best course of action. If luck and the gods are on our side, perhaps we'll find the camp nearly empty as I'm sure this group isn't the only one out harassing honest folk."

"As Jaestra suggests, if we can get a good position for she and Kaylee to use their bows and Peregrine, your magic, that might give me a chance to close and mop up any who still resist."

He looks over to the bandits horses, "We might be especially lucky if any of those animals seem fit and trained enough that I could ride one in combat."

Letting the others continue with the interrogation, Vorik goes over to gather and take a closer look at the captured horses.

Animal Handling to judge the quality and training of the bandit's mounts 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"Luckily, I think I may be skilled enough to sneak up to the camp and get the exact amount of enemies and get back to inform everyone. Even though my eyes are much better than my feet, they should not fail me. But I agree with you Sir Vorik, I think we should definitely move out of here as soon as we can, so that we are no longer a burden on either Mr Oleg or Miss Svetlana."

Once Peregrine and I get to the leader, I draw "GoldFire" and keep her drawn and aimed at him while Peregrine is questioning him.


Peregrine had nodded in agreement with Vorik, "You are most correct, let us see what we can see before we make any final decision," before setting off the question the captives against the north wall.

Having given his small speech, and having listened to their sneering replies, Peregrine simply shrugged. "We won and you lost, that is all that matters. What care I for a warrior's valour?" Here Peregrine paused as though considering that question before continuing. "Hmm...only very slightly more than I care about your blood, that is to say, not at all." He stepped back and smiled a small, cold, dispassionate smile. "Hmph, if that is all you have to say, the die is cast. I give you my thanks for making your judgement an easy one." With that he turned and walked away, though as he did it occurred to Peregrine that his Uncle Igorius would have been proud of him. He found no comfort in that.

Accompanied by that sullen thought and by Jaestra and her bow, Peregrine descended on the shed, where the bandit lieutenant was being held, like a dark cloud. Eyeing him dully Peregrine gave him much the same speech he had given the others, finishing with, "some of your fellows were quite forthcoming so I suggest you do what is intelligent, there will be men dying today, what difference does one more or one less make?"

"Tell me about your camp, everything. How is it defended, what kind of watch is kept? Tell me about Krestle, every little thing you know of her, and believe me when I say, at this point, holding your tongue will be far more costly than letting it wag. And while your volunteering information tell me about this area, are there any other bandit groups operating here? You're small number of men could hardly be responsible for all of the plague of banditry we have heard of up north."

Drawing his dagger, Peregrine came closer to loosen the bandit's gag. Your boss put you in charge of these men, which must mean you have a modicum of intelligence. I suggest you use it."


"Ah gods .. " the bandit leader drops his head, unable to look Peregrine in the eye.. "What choice have I? I was just her plaything .. the others think I din't know that .." He takes a deep breath " The camp is a little more than 12 hours if you ride straight through. Go south .. south until you hit the woods. Go .. uh .. left around the treeline until you hit Thorn River .. first stream you see.. Follow the path along the river into the woods.. should be at camp about an hour from there. Two watch posts .. north and south of the river. Not sure about the number .. some come and go, but there were .. eight, I believe, when we left, sir."
"I know there are other bandits out there .. a couple from another gang just joined us .. things got real organized recently, sir. But real hush hush, Kressle talks to others that come 'round about "Him" .. dunno who "he" is though.. All I know is he gets half our cut. Some boys that only Kressle talks to come by to load it up..
"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"GoldFire" Still aimed at the bound bandit, I speak up. "When is Kressle expecting you back and how often do these "others" come to take that share? Oh and when they leave your camp, in which direction do they head out?"


"She'll expect us back before dawn tomorrow morning. The ones that take "his" share usually come later in the day, sometimes that night. They come and leave the same way... from along the river .. the same way you will be going in.. "

1 to 50 of 2,614 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.