Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Bigrin's Shattered Star (Group B)

Game Master bigrin42


301 to 350 of 2,428 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Hobgoblin Fighter 3 - 34/34HP - AC21/T13/F19 - F5 R3 W4 - +4 Perc - +2 Init - CMD18

Krass stands to the side of the door, ready to move in at Angelica's order.


The front door is unlocked and untrapped, as far as Angelica can tell

In the shed, Harbug found the detritus of a few meals, some playing cards, and wood shavings where one of the thugs had whittled at a wall support in his boredom.


Male Orc
Spoiler:
HP 23/23; AC 11 (T10/F11); F:+2,R:+0,W:+2; Init+0; Perc-1|+1 w/ Familiar)< >Fang HP 14/14; AC 15 (T13/F12); F:+1,R:+4,W:+4; Perc+5<

Hmm, these might be fun later. Harbug pockets the playing cards and rejoins the group. "Not much to see in there. Those mooks were just that--mooks."


Female Changeling "Varisian" Burglar 3 (AC: 18 [T: 13 /F: 15] (+1 vs Traps); HP: 21/24 [1 Str damage]; F+1, R+6 (+1 vs traps), W+1; Init: +3; Perc: +8 [+9/+12])

She eyes the door, finding nothing, and even more surprised to find it unlocked. "Okay, I'm going to take the lead," she looks at Krass like she just dares him to try and talk her out of it, "I'm going to try to move in slow and quiet like. I got great night eyes, do any of us need a light source? Whoever's coming in after me, Tia if we want a second scout or Krass if he wants to be close in case anything jumps out at us, all I ask is if Krass follows he gives me a few feet separation." When everyone's is ready, she sneaks on into the dark building.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

EDIT: Oh, after the fact, did the thugs have any marking of affiliation from any local gangs I would recognize? Maybe she got in with a new gang.
Know Local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


No markings on the bodies or clothing.

If you're going in, I need an order. Unless otherwise specified, I'll use: Angelica, Krass, Tialara, Shabbezz, Harbug.

As Angelica opened the door, a strong odor of sewage met her nose. The entire floor of the entry chamber has collapsed into a pool of water five feet below. Two sewage pipes protrude through the east wall of the pit, just above the water level. Part of the ceiling above has collapsed, revealing an attic crawlspace above. Sunlight filtered down through the ceiling, giving dim light to the entire chamber. A rickety ladder leads up from the water into the crawlspace. A door stands open in the far wall across the sludge pit. A wooden plank balanced between the both doors makes a precarious bridge between them.

Map coming soon...


Male Orc
Spoiler:
HP 23/23; AC 11 (T10/F11); F:+2,R:+0,W:+2; Init+0; Perc-1|+1 w/ Familiar)< >Fang HP 14/14; AC 15 (T13/F12); F:+1,R:+4,W:+4; Perc+5<

Even from the back of the line outside the door, Harbug's nose wrinkles. "Phew! That's just horrible! Aren't there better abandoned buildings around? I mean, even that punk caster had a run-down inn with no sewage in it. Couldn't the Tower Girls find something like that?!"


Male Hobgoblin Fighter 3 - 34/34HP - AC21/T13/F19 - F5 R3 W4 - +4 Perc - +2 Init - CMD18

"Do we have a sunrod? Maybe it's worth throwing one into the water. Either we see if there's anything in there OR we wake what IS in there. If the front two keep an eye at the water and the door, the two behind them can keep an eye on the attic. Once we know the room is secure, we can see about reinforcing that brige.."

Krass puts away his shield and draws his bow. His sword hangs loose in the scabbard on his side, ready to be drawn if needed.


Female Catfolk Druid (Menhir Savant) 3
status:
HP: 21/21 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | AC: 14 (T 12/ F12) | Per: +8 | Init: +4

Tialara covered her nose as soon as the smell hit her. Taking a deep breath, she held it while she loaded her sling, ready to fire at the first enemy indicated.


As promised, here's the map


Female Grippli Wizard (Controller) 3 / Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 15 (mage armor) / HP 21 of 21 / Init +6 / Perc +2

"I never thought to bring a sunrod," Shabbezz admits. "Or for that matter, any form of illumination. Didn't think much about it at the time, I'm ashamed to say."[b]

The wizardess rummages through her backpack.

[b]"I did bring a flint and steel, though. Perhaps we could make a torch...?"


Female Catfolk Druid (Menhir Savant) 3
status:
HP: 21/21 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | AC: 14 (T 12/ F12) | Per: +8 | Init: +4

"Pardon me dear, can I have my bag back?" Tialara says to Harbug as she takes her bag back. After a little digging, she pulls out a torch. "Will this do?"


Female Changeling "Varisian" Burglar 3 (AC: 18 [T: 13 /F: 15] (+1 vs Traps); HP: 21/24 [1 Str damage]; F+1, R+6 (+1 vs traps), W+1; Init: +3; Perc: +8 [+9/+12])

As a group with almost all darkvision, except Tia with low-light, I imagine having at least dim light in here we could go without a source.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I can see pretty well in the dark. I'd rather we not create a target by carrying a light if we don't need to." She inspects the decay and ruin of the building, eyeing the ladder. "I'm a little suspicious of the ladder here, but with so many holes in the cieling, it would be a good place to attack fools balancing over a pool of filth below. I would prefer to go up and clear the roof first."

She tests the sturdiness of the ladder to bear her weight, and if satisfied starts making her way up it.

Climb, not sure if the ladder has a DC, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Angelica reaches out to grab onto the ladder, peering at it carefully. The thing looks about ready to fall apart, and as she grasps the first rung, it creaks alarmingly. There is no way it would hold her weight without breaking.


Male Hobgoblin Fighter 3 - 34/34HP - AC21/T13/F19 - F5 R3 W4 - +4 Perc - +2 Init - CMD18

Krass breathes in deeply with his mouth open, wanting to say something as he hears the ladder creaking its objection to Angelica's weight. He decides it best to speak his mind.

"Whoever set this up is inviting you to go up, but obviously wants you to end down there. I still think it wise to light a sunrod, or an object with light cast on it, and drop it down to see if there's anything down there."


Female Changeling "Varisian" Burglar 3 (AC: 18 [T: 13 /F: 15] (+1 vs Traps); HP: 21/24 [1 Str damage]; F+1, R+6 (+1 vs traps), W+1; Init: +3; Perc: +8 [+9/+12])

Angelica purses her lips in irritation, "Well if that ladder won't hold me, Shabbezz may be the only one it would, and I don't think she should go up there alone. If you're so determined to expose yourself in the darkness, go ahead, but wait until I get across the plank and away from the point of light."

She tests the plank cautiously with her foot, before she tries to ease her way across it.

Acrobatics for Balance 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, ugh I hope that's enough.


Angelica made it about halfway across the plank, wobbling dangerously, when a trio of small forms rushed out of the sewer pipes. One started whacking at the plank bridge with a broom handle while the other two started flinging handfuls of sewage at Angelica and Krass.

Ducking, Angelica made it to the doorway to see that the next room's floor had also fallen away, leaving a sharply sloping ledge along the southern and eastern walls. On the far side of the room is a ledge heaped with crates and barrels, with the rafters above open and gaping into the attic above.

mechanics:

1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
1d3 ⇒ 2

enemy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Angelica 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Harbug 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Krass 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Shabezz 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Tialara 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Round 1:

Initiatives:

Angelica 20
goblins 16

Here is the map


Male Orc
Spoiler:
HP 23/23; AC 11 (T10/F11); F:+2,R:+0,W:+2; Init+0; Perc-1|+1 w/ Familiar)< >Fang HP 14/14; AC 15 (T13/F12); F:+1,R:+4,W:+4; Perc+5<

Harbug hears the goblins, and sees the chunk of--what WAS that anyway--go flying by out the door, and he gets visibly angry as he stalks forward a bit. Move to P6

"Seni küçük kapıdan kendinizi dışarı atmak veya geri nereden geldiğini daha iyi s*%+wads veya ALDIĞIM kulaklarını kesip sadece kapıdan çıktı ne ile birlikte boğazlarını aşağı kıpırdamak."

Goblin:
"You little s#+!wads better throw yourselves out the door or back to where you came from, or I'll PERSONALLY cut off your ears and shove them down your throats along with what just came out the door."

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Intimidate to demoralize the goblin at L8


Female Changeling "Varisian" Burglar 3 (AC: 18 [T: 13 /F: 15] (+1 vs Traps); HP: 21/24 [1 Str damage]; F+1, R+6 (+1 vs traps), W+1; Init: +3; Perc: +8 [+9/+12])

Angelica, angered that she didn't see the little buggers in the pipe in the first place, draws a dart and throws it at the bastard that tried to knock her off the beam.

Since I go before them, I get Sneak Attack this round right?
Move, draw dart.
Standard, throw at goblin in M7, 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18 (with higher ground).
If it hits, 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3, and if I get SA 1d6 ⇒ 2.
Yuk, 1d4+1 and 1d6 (range of 3-11) for a total of.... 5


mechanics:

1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
1d3 ⇒ 2
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
1d3 ⇒ 2

The goblin slapping at the wooden plank with the broom handle squealed in pain as Angelica's dart hit it. It continued to flail at the plank, but its blows were weakened by the pain and fear the goblin felt. The other two continued to throw handfuls of muck at Angelica and Krass, though both managed to avoid being splattered.

Round 1-2:

Initiatives:

Tialara 11
Krass 8
Shabbezz 8
Harbug 2
Angelica 20
goblins 16

You can use the same map.


Female Catfolk Druid (Menhir Savant) 3
status:
HP: 21/21 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | AC: 14 (T 12/ F12) | Per: +8 | Init: +4

Tialara stepped behind Krass and pointed her finger at the creature wacking the plank. Ice crystals coalesced into a single, short sword sized Icicle, which flew through the air at its intended target.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

That's got to be a hit: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Hobgoblin Fighter 3 - 34/34HP - AC21/T13/F19 - F5 R3 W4 - +4 Perc - +2 Init - CMD18

Krass nocks an arrow, pulls the string and aims for a goblin around the pipes.

Attacking the goblin in L-8. I assume I can step up to the door way with Tia stepping behind me.

Attack with short bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage with short bow: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Orc
Spoiler:
HP 23/23; AC 11 (T10/F11); F:+2,R:+0,W:+2; Init+0; Perc-1|+1 w/ Familiar)< >Fang HP 14/14; AC 15 (T13/F12); F:+1,R:+4,W:+4; Perc+5<

My action is what I declared previously; I wasn't sure who would post while I was gone for the evening, so I wanted to have it there to prevent unnecessary delay


Female Grippli Wizard (Controller) 3 / Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 15 (mage armor) / HP 21 of 21 / Init +6 / Perc +2

Attempting to help Angelica keep her ground, Shabbezz takes aim at the goblin assaulting her and launches a dart of acid from her outstretched fingers.

Acid splash (25 feet, no save) at the goblin at M7. I'm small, I should be able to slip between Tialara's legs and fire.

Ranged touch attack (bypasses armor bonus, shield bonus, or natural armor bonus): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13.

Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 3 acid damage.


Female Changeling "Varisian" Burglar 3 (AC: 18 [T: 13 /F: 15] (+1 vs Traps); HP: 21/24 [1 Str damage]; F+1, R+6 (+1 vs traps), W+1; Init: +3; Perc: +8 [+9/+12])

Angelica keeps to the high ground, hoping to use it and the doorframe for cover from whatever foulness the goblins are throwing. She draws another dart, and lobs it at the buggers.

Move, draw dart
Standard, attack against the one by the plank, if he's dead, then the one in the pipe at N8 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11, if it hits, 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


mechanics:

1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
1d10 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
1d10 ⇒ 10

Tialara's spell took the broom-wielding goblin in the face, dropping the little bugger into the pool of filth. Krass' arrow took another and sent it spinning to the ground. The third goblin ran forward, trembling from Harbug's shout and picked up the broom to resume whacking at the plank. Its shouts and calls were momentarily interrupted as Shabbezz's acid blob smacked into it. The acid actually saved the creature's life - for the moment - as it jostled the little thing out of the path of Angelica's dart.

Goblin:

Wake up! Wake up! Intruders! Kill them for the She!"

Angelica, back turned to the new room, heard a sound and spun to see a pair of goblins leveling crossbows at her from over the barrels and crates stacked there. Clicks sounded and a pair of bolts flashed towards her. She managed to avoid one, but the other took her in the hip.

Round 2-3:

Angelica takes 5 damage

Initiatives:

Tialara 11
Krass 8
Shabbezz 8
Harbug 2
Angelica 20
goblins 16

Here's the updated map.


Female Catfolk Druid (Menhir Savant) 3
status:
HP: 21/21 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | AC: 14 (T 12/ F12) | Per: +8 | Init: +4

"Oh no you don't," Tia yells as another Icicle flies at the goblin now holding the broom.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Given Krass' success with a 16, Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


The icicle slams into the goblin, dropping it into the sludge as well.


Male Orc
Spoiler:
HP 23/23; AC 11 (T10/F11); F:+2,R:+0,W:+2; Init+0; Perc-1|+1 w/ Familiar)< >Fang HP 14/14; AC 15 (T13/F12); F:+1,R:+4,W:+4; Perc+5<

Harbug waits until there is room to maneuver in the doorway, then grabs looks inside and grabs the ladder Angelica had been talking about. "This thing may not be completely useless. If it reaches the bottom, it might be usable to steady yourself while crossing that beam, or possibly as a balance bar like circus acrobats use." Harbug tests to see if the ladder reaches the bottom and prepares to hand it to anyone trying to cross the sewage on the board.


When Harbug grabbed the ladder and pulled, a 4 foot section of one rail came off in his hand. The thing really was in poor condition.


Female Changeling "Varisian" Burglar 3 (AC: 18 [T: 13 /F: 15] (+1 vs Traps); HP: 21/24 [1 Str damage]; F+1, R+6 (+1 vs traps), W+1; Init: +3; Perc: +8 [+9/+12])

At start of Round 3:

Angelica doesn't like the feeling of being trapped alone in the room with two shooters. She steps in on the beam at her end before leaping toward the top of the nearest pipe. She launches herself from the plank, and lands atop the pipe, trying to hold herself steady. "There are two crossbowmen behind the crates in the other room. Be ready to shoot, over the gap between them and the ledge on our side."

Acrobatics, leap (no run) from the beam in L6, 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26, and makes it to the top of the pipe in L8.
Acrobatics in case Balance is needed on the pipe. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Nice rolls


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Hobgoblin Fighter 3 - 34/34HP - AC21/T13/F19 - F5 R3 W4 - +4 Perc - +2 Init - CMD18

Shabbez and I still get to act BEFORE Angelica performs her acrobatics, right? I move to L-6 and if I still have a standard action left (maybe the plank is 'difficult terrain), I shoot at the goblin in G-5.

Krass carefully moves forward, ready to unleash an arrow as soon as a goblin pops into view.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Female Grippli Wizard (Controller) 3 / Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 15 (mage armor) / HP 21 of 21 / Init +6 / Perc +2

"This is useless! I can't aim from back here! One side!"

Pushing past the legs of Harbug, Shabbezz kicks out her own surprisingly powerful legs and launches down onto the pipe, using her webbed digits to slow her fall.

Moving to O6 and jumping 5 feet onto the pipe in N7.

Acrobatics (Jumper: Considered to have a running start when jumping; Glider: Halve falling distance, may move horizontally during fall half of vertical distance fallen.) DC 5 (5 foot jump) to land on the pipe : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Acrobatics for balance for the pipe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Plank requires and acrobatics check...and yes, you act in (mostly) initiative order. The goblins behind the barricade have full cover from it (+4 to AC)


Male Hobgoblin Fighter 3 - 34/34HP - AC21/T13/F19 - F5 R3 W4 - +4 Perc - +2 Init - CMD18

Oh hell no that I'm going to move over that with a -4 on acrobatics hahaha.

Krass frowns at the plank and says,"I can't cross this pit without a more secure bridge.."


Krass tested the plank bridge and decided against trying his luck, but Shabbezz squeezed past him and leaped for the stubby end of one of the pipes. She made it easily, and was shortly joined by Angelica, a pair of crossbow bolts slamming through the air right behind her.

Round 3-4:

Initiatives:

Tialara 11
Krass 8
Shabbezz 8
Harbug 2
Angelica 20
goblins 16

Here's the updated map.


Male Orc
Spoiler:
HP 23/23; AC 11 (T10/F11); F:+2,R:+0,W:+2; Init+0; Perc-1|+1 w/ Familiar)< >Fang HP 14/14; AC 15 (T13/F12); F:+1,R:+4,W:+4; Perc+5<

Harbug opens his pack and begins to sort through it. After a few seconds, he pulls out a rope and a grappling hook. Move action He ties the rope to the grappling hook and holds it out for whomever might want to make use of it. Standard action
"That makes two of us. I don't know whether you want to try going up where the ladder goes or just securing this against the other wall, but feel free to give it a try. I can't throw these things worth a damn. If that doesn't work, we could go in through the wall at the back of that shed."
1d20 ⇒ 14 Trying to remember whether the building extends above the top of the shed, and if there are any windows up there. Not sure what the bonus would be (perception/int/wis/what) so giving a flat d20 roll.


2-story build, 1-story shed, no windows above shed


Female Catfolk Druid (Menhir Savant) 3
status:
HP: 21/21 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | AC: 14 (T 12/ F12) | Per: +8 | Init: +4

The words of her mentor popped into Tialara's mind once more. "Remember, in extreme cases, call upon nature to assist you. But be warned, such help requires sacrifice."

The Catfolk reached into her mind, drawing forth the energy set aside to call forth a mist. With a few simple gestures, and a word or two, she held out her arm. Mist swirled feverishly, only to reveal an eagle once dissipated. The Druid pointed through the door and said something that no one quite understood. The eagle spread its wings, flew past Krass, and into the room where Angelica was standing.

Converted Obscuring mist into Summon Nature's Ally I

Eagle has flown to H5 where it's instructed to attack the goblins.

"Hopefully he will keep them busy long enough for us to get across."


Female Changeling "Varisian" Burglar 3 (AC: 18 [T: 13 /F: 15] (+1 vs Traps); HP: 21/24 [1 Str damage]; F+1, R+6 (+1 vs traps), W+1; Init: +3; Perc: +8 [+9/+12])

Also, for any of you heavies concerned about going in the water/falling off the beam, it was shallow enough for the goblins to walk in, and only 5' down.

Angelica sees Tia's animal fly into the next room, and decides that like Harbug she would probably benefit from having her rope and hook ready. Being too far to use his, and waiting until the 'I'll defend you' warrior gets his behind into the next room, she takes out her rope and hook and ties them together.

Same as Harbug, take them out, connect them.
Also, I wish I had chose to attack with those last rolls. I could have crit... granted if I had attacked, I wouldn't have rolled a 20 :)


Male Hobgoblin Fighter 3 - 34/34HP - AC21/T13/F19 - F5 R3 W4 - +4 Perc - +2 Init - CMD18

Krass takes the grappling hook and throws it into the attic, trying and hoping to get it lodged securely behind a wooden beam or something else to secure his descend into the watery pit and then up against the wall to the doorway.

Throw grappling hook into the attic, hope it finds a place for it to sink its teeth in. If it does, yank it and test it.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Female Grippli Wizard (Controller) 3 / Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 15 (mage armor) / HP 21 of 21 / Init +6 / Perc +2

Moving across the pipe to M,8 to stand near Angelica, Shabbezz narrows her gaze and tries to see if she can line up her aim through the space of the doorway.

"Blasted goblins..."

Perception (Darkvision): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12


As lines were thrown and people shuffled around, Tialara's eagle flew over to harass the goblins. There was much squawking - most of it from the goblins - but little actual damage done. Shabbezz kept jumping up and down, trying to get a view from inside the other room, but the pipes she was standing on were below floor level and she couldn't make out what was going on.

Round 4-5:

Initiatives:
Tialara 11
Krass 8
Shabbezz 8
Harbug 2
Angelica 20
goblins 16

Here's the updated map.


Male Orc
Spoiler:
HP 23/23; AC 11 (T10/F11); F:+2,R:+0,W:+2; Init+0; Perc-1|+1 w/ Familiar)< >Fang HP 14/14; AC 15 (T13/F12); F:+1,R:+4,W:+4; Perc+5<

If Krass goes up the rope first (and successfully)
"How's it look up there, room for two? And do you think the floor will hold?" Harbug calls after the Hobgoblin. He begins to climb himself.

If Krass doesn't climb the rope successfully
"Steady there, just a little further. Let me know what's up there and if I should follow." Harbug says as he grabs the rope to steady it. Assist another action: Krass climbing; get a +2 on your NEXT try if I make or beat a 10

If Krass doesn't climb at all
"Going up! If only the blood god taught me how to fly..." Harbug mutters mostly to himself.

The climb check for the above action: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Catfolk Druid (Menhir Savant) 3
status:
HP: 21/21 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | AC: 14 (T 12/ F12) | Per: +8 | Init: +4

If Harbug and Krass climb up, Tialara will attempt to cross the plank.

Acrobatics Check, if needed: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

If that's a success: Tialara crosses the plank and readies her sling.


Male Hobgoblin Fighter 3 - 34/34HP - AC21/T13/F19 - F5 R3 W4 - +4 Perc - +2 Init - CMD18

I wasn't planning on climbing up into the attic. I want to lodge the grappling hook behind a wooden beam or something else and then use the secured rope to cross the gap to K-6.

If I tug at the rope and feel it is secure, I do it Indiana Jones style. I then let go of the rope for someone else to use it and if I got actions left, grab my shield.

If it isn't secure, I let myself drop into the pit using the rope, then using the rope to scale the wall on the other side to K-6.

That works, right?


Female Grippli Wizard (Controller) 3 / Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 / AC 17, touch 13, flat 15 (mage armor) / HP 21 of 21 / Init +6 / Perc +2

Shabbezz decides to see if she can maneuver her way into a position where she can pop her up head from floor level and snipe from the doorframe.

The grippli wizardess moves across the pipe lining the wall from M,8 to L,6, then attempts to climb up the wall with her adhesive fingertips to peer over the side without exposing herself to incoming fire.

Climb (Climb speed 20 feet, +8 racial bonus on all Climb checks; can always choose to take 10, even if rushed or threatened while climbing): taking 10


Female Changeling "Varisian" Burglar 3 (AC: 18 [T: 13 /F: 15] (+1 vs Traps); HP: 21/24 [1 Str damage]; F+1, R+6 (+1 vs traps), W+1; Init: +3; Perc: +8 [+9/+12])

Angelica figures that the best thing for her to do is go up and over. Maybe she can get the drop on those little bastards behind the crates. She also throws her hook and rope to climb the wall on her side.

Standard, attack to connect with hook, 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Move action, climb 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9, for rope and wall that should succeed.


Angelica, where exactly? Everyone's giving vague directions but the options are pretty limited in this small room.

BTW, I was traveling the last few days and left my thumbdrive with the maps at home. I'll be home tonight and can give an update.


Female Changeling "Varisian" Burglar 3 (AC: 18 [T: 13 /F: 15] (+1 vs Traps); HP: 21/24 [1 Str damage]; F+1, R+6 (+1 vs traps), W+1; Init: +3; Perc: +8 [+9/+12])

Sorry, not sure where the holes in the ceiling are. If none are available in L7-8 or M7-8, can I throw it at the opening where the ladder led N6?

301 to 350 of 2,428 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Shattered Star IC (Group B) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.