Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Bigrin's Shattered Star (Inactive)

Game Master bigrin42

In Varisia's bustling frontier city ofMagnimar, the Pathfinder Society's newest lodge recruits a team of rookie Pathfinders to track down rogue agent Natalya Vancaskerkin-who also happens to be one of the Varisian criminals known as the Sczarni. Yet


301 to 350 of 812 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 22/26)

While they interact, Pakak keeps an eye out to see if they're being spied on by say, more folks looking for the same woman.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


The lieutenant appeared to be listening intently, when something you said seems to strike her memory. "Wait...did you say Natalya? Would it happen to be Natalya Vancaskerin, perchance? She is known to us. One of the Tower Girls, yes? I hadn't heard that she had vanished; she certainly isn't in our cells. But, if she had gotten on the bad side of some of the Sczarni, that wouldn't surprise me. They tend to take care of their own problems. If anyone knows where she is, it would probably be the Tower Girls.

"They move around a lot, but I heard that they were recently slumming it in an abandoned warehouse in Underbridge. If you head down there, ask for Fenster the Blight. I think it was his place they were renting." Kadesi grimaced. "I can't imagine how far they have fallen to need to take up with him."


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"Ah, I see...that information is very welcome, it was the Tower Girls penchant for moving often that stopped us from seeking them out earlier. This Fenster, what else can tell of him?"


"Fenster is a wretched creature, one of the kind that tends to grow like fungus in poverty-stricken areas. He'll do almost anything for enough money...and enough is up for debate. He's a known figure in Underbridge, and anyone there can tell you how to find him. He owns a large run-down warehouse, mostly by right of occupancy, and he rents it out occasionally. He's foul, in almost every sense of the word, but he's also mostly harmless. Pathetic, even."


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"That information is quite useful. Your help is appreciated, leiutenant. Come, friends, let's track down Mr Fenster.


Elf Rogue HP: 11/17 | AC 18 | T 14| FF 14 | CMB +2 | F +1| R +7 | W +0| Init +4 | Per +7(+8 Traps)

Alanthina nods his head at the Lieutenant as he follows Eowithe.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 22/26)

Pakak nods and grunts a "May the gods reward you for your kindness," to the Lieutenant and then he follows Eowithe "Good work. I think you just got us a good lead."

Grand Lodge

Female Fetchling Wizard 1 [HP 7 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMB +0 | Percp +1 (darkvision) | Init +2 | F +1 | R +2 | W +3]

back there again ... oh great

tynan tries to recall her experiences in the Underbridge wondering if this Fenster was he associated with the creeprs? I wonder

untrained knowledge local 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Nope. fenster is his own pathetic beast


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"I'm not as familiar with Underbridge as other parts of Magnimmar. Anyone else ?"


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

"I am unfamiliar with most of this city, so I shall be content to follow and bash things as necessary, as is becoming the usual course."


Elf Rogue HP: 11/17 | AC 18 | T 14| FF 14 | CMB +2 | F +1| R +7 | W +0| Init +4 | Per +7(+8 Traps)

Knowledge : Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Underbridge is another wharfside slum, hiding in the shadow of the ruined archway overhead. Because of the monumental structure, only a few hours (sometimes less than one) of sunlight reach the area each day. It is considered to be the slum of the slums.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 22/26)

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"It's a nasty piece of property is what it is, buried in the shadow of the great arch. You're lucky if you get an hour of daylight sometimes of the year. Naturally it attracts shadowy types, or the desperate, or both. I'd suggest watching your backs and your coin purses."


Elf Rogue HP: 11/17 | AC 18 | T 14| FF 14 | CMB +2 | F +1| R +7 | W +0| Init +4 | Per +7(+8 Traps)

"I agree, this place is definitly not where you want to be flashy."


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

So, our tour of Magnimmar's seamy underbelly continues Eowithe says with a smile.

Grand Lodge

Female Fetchling Wizard 1 [HP 7 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMB +0 | Percp +1 (darkvision) | Init +2 | F +1 | R +2 | W +3]

Tynan seems a bit withdrawn during the talk of Underbridge spparently uncomfortable with the idea or the resurfacing of some bad memories

I used to know the place, but that was a long time ago, I doubt anyone I knew from that time is there if they are even alive anymore


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"Well, you'll know the lay of the land, so to speak. Let's get going."


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

By Let's get going, I meant that we were going to Underbridge, sorry if that didn't come across.


Elf Rogue HP: 11/17 | AC 18 | T 14| FF 14 | CMB +2 | F +1| R +7 | W +0| Init +4 | Per +7(+8 Traps)

Sounds good to me, I have just been waiting.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 22/26)

The cleric moves along with them, part of him intrigued by the danger.

same :)


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

The dwarf follows, ever watchful.


It takes a while to reach the Underbridge after you set out. The shadow of the broken span left the area cooler than the rest of Magnimar, and the houses were spaced closer together amidst a number of warehouses and processing plants. The area near the water was foul with the odors of rotting refuse. Glimpses of the water showed that the surface was thick with trash and filth.

Eowithe led the way unerringly to the current abode of Fenster. Fenster's home is a partially collapsed warehouse, with the entrance looking more run down than the rest of the warehouse. There were a pair of skiffs leaning against each other, creating a triangular "arch" from which a tattered sail remnant hung like a curtain. Sitting next to the entrance was an old sea chest with a broken lid. A sign leaned against the chest behind a tin plate - "LEEV A GIFT AN WATE OUTSID"


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 22/26)

Pakak eyes the sign and looks his mug, "I'd really hate to part with this, but unless anyone else has something they want to leave as a gift?"


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"Stay your hand Pakak. I'll make a monetary donation." Eowithe says drawing a silver piece from her sash and dropping it into the tin plate from high enough to make the metal ring.


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Crugold focuses on the surrounding area, watchful for trouble as they wait, this place both very similar, and very dissimilar at the same time, as his own original home.


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

Eowithe is also alert after dropping the coin.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


The curtain leading into the warehouse twitched a little, but no other sign of life in the area can be seen.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 22/26)

"Let's wait a bit then, I guess." Pakak figures they might as well try it.


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

"Perhaps a bit larger of a 'gift' is required."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 22/26)
Crugold wrote:
"Perhaps a bit larger of a 'gift' is required."

"Perhaps money isn't considered a gift," Pakak sighs, and pulls out his mug, empty, showing signs of use, but of solid and loved quality.

He says a prayer over it, "The god willing, may you serve as well as your new master deserves."

And he puts it in the chest along with the coin.

Grand Lodge

Female Fetchling Wizard 1 [HP 7 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMB +0 | Percp +1 (darkvision) | Init +2 | F +1 | R +2 | W +3]

Tynan grows impatient with this fenster fellow, starts pacing

we left a gift, I say we go in. she definately seems irritable

finally she decides to check the entrance and mutters some arcane words

cast detect magic concentrate on the curtain


Elf Rogue HP: 11/17 | AC 18 | T 14| FF 14 | CMB +2 | F +1| R +7 | W +0| Init +4 | Per +7(+8 Traps)

Alanthian nods at Tynan, then looks around the entrance.

Detect Traps: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"Aye, I grow impatient with waiting for this Fenster's appearance, what have you found Alanthian?" Eowithe says, adjusting her shield and morning star.


"'Ere now, ain't yew got nothin' better t' do then breakin' inta a workin' man's house?" The voice came from a spare man peeking around the edge of the sailcloth curtain. He's a wretched man, in every sense. His skin is gray and clammy, his eyes fogged with cataracts. His clothing is caked with filth and reeks worse than most tanneries. His teeth, where they weren't missing, were brown and black with rot, and his breath came in wet, raspy gurgles.

He eyed the plate with distaste. "Cheap 'uns, ain't yew? What yew want?"


Elf Rogue HP: 11/17 | AC 18 | T 14| FF 14 | CMB +2 | F +1| R +7 | W +0| Init +4 | Per +7(+8 Traps)

Alanthian steps back from the door and places his left hand lightly on the hilt of his belt dagger. "Are you Fenster?"


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 22/26)

"Cheap? Hey, that mug has sentimental value and I paid a fair price for it to boot," Pakak is okay with being accused of breaking into a place, but folks should respect the mug.


"Mebbe I be, an' mebbe I ain't. What yew want?"


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"Invite us in, then we can talk in private. " Eowithe says

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


"Naw. No one comes in my house. A man's gotta have a place o' his own, private-like. Ain't nobody out here ta hear yew talkin' to ol' Fester. Ain't nobody out here interested."


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 14

"This conversation could take awhile. Do you not have even a parlor of sorts to receive visitors? I can't imagine you enjoy standing out in the streets for all of your conversations with people."


"Ain't nobody had no problems talkin' wit' Fenster out here b'fore. What yew need Fenster ta do? I'm tellin' yew now, I ain't interested in testin' no more magic thingies. that last batch made my colon act up somethin' fierce." He spat into a corner.


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

With a frown, Eowithe says "Magical thingies ? Do tell, your story interests me."

diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


"Naw. You first, or get out." The man waited for another moment, then started to head back inside.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 22/26)

Pakak finally speaks up, "We're looking for the tower girls. We heard you might know about them."

He looks apologetic to the others, "Sorry, but this guy is as stubborn as a Andoran mule so I figured no harm in just being straight with him."


"There ya go. See? Yew talk ta Ol' Fester like you respects him and yew get yer answers. I know th' Tower Girls, shure. I'm their landlord!" He says the last with a proud look on his long face. "Well, I was anyways. They left here 'bout two weeks past, but they'll be back...they always come back ta Ol' Fenster. Can't get enough o' me, they can't."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-4 (Current HP 22/26)

"Yeah, did they say where they left? I suspect they've got a common interest with us and we might be able to help each other out."


"Naw, they didn't say nothin' 'bout where they was goin'. Jest up an' left one day. What common interest yew got?"


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8
DM Bigrin wrote:
"Naw, they didn't say nothin' 'bout where they was goin'. Jest up an' left one day. What common interest yew got?"

Eowithe's eyes narrow upon the man as she tries yo determine if he's being truthful.

Sense motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Sense motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

301 to 350 of 812 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Shattered Star IC (Group A) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.