Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Bigrin's Shattered Star (Inactive)

Game Master bigrin42

In Varisia's bustling frontier city ofMagnimar, the Pathfinder Society's newest lodge recruits a team of rookie Pathfinders to track down rogue agent Natalya Vancaskerkin-who also happens to be one of the Varisian criminals known as the Sczarni. Yet


101 to 150 of 812 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

Crugold watches impassively, being content to let others talk.


Pakak wrote:
"Can you tell us more about the Tower Girls, where they might be found?"

"The Tower Girls are led by Ayala Javeski, and she was the one that came by here a few days ago looking for Natalya. As for where they are, you got me. Theyv'e been moving around a lot recently."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

Pakak listens, and considers what if anything else he wants to ask next, "Anyone else besides us and the Tower Girls looking for Natalya that you know of?"


"Not that I know of."


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

DM:
Any result from my Sense motive Bigrin?


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

Pakak glances to the others, "Unless anyone else has any other things to ask of this good sage and seer?"


Female Human (w/Fetchling ancestry)

Growing up in the Underbridge, Zerazin knew quite a few Sczarni, and had gotten along with them as well as an outsider could. But she had never paid much attention to how they operated and exactly how they were organized -- her parents were the ones who had dealt with those details.

"The Tower Girls, you say. I'd always wondered, exactly which tower is that?"


Eowythe:
Damn! The server ate my post. As far as you can tell, he's being honest with you.

"Is that a rhetorical question? How the hells should I know which tower? Now, are you done? I've got other customers waiting."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

"We best go then," Pakak says in a mollifying tone and rises, "Your insights have been most helpful."


Female Human (w/Fetchling ancestry)

"What? No, not really. If they're the Tower Girls, doesn't there have to be a tower? Or are they all just really tall?"

I mean, next he'll try to tell me that none of The Gallowed have ever been hung.


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

Not I. He seems to have been honest with us.


HP 7/7 | DR5/elec | AC 16 | vRange 18 | T 14 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F -1 | R +6 | W +0 | Init +4| Per +4 Sylph Ninja 1

It will be interesting to meet this Natalya. We may have much in common. I hope we get to her in time.

Adyn silently keeps to the shadows, and looks for any signs they are being followed or watched.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


So, where to? What checks? Who's on first?


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

Pakak whispers to the others, "I suggest we hit the docks to see if the Nidalese have abducted the young lady." and he is heading that way unless anyone has brighter ideas.


Female Human (w/Fetchling ancestry)

Zerazin nods earnestly.

"With luck the slavers have her, and we'll be able to purchase her without fuss. We ought to get a good price, too, given that we'd be saving them transportation costs back to Nidal. Hopefully we'd have enough left to buy another servant for the Venture Captain."

"Of course, my negotiating skills aren't particularly good, so someone else might want to do the talking, though I can do it if no one else wants to. I've watched my parents haggle with Nidalese."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

"Uhm, she didn't want us to buy a person with the coin. They just wanted it to aid in the investigation."


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"I agree. Checking if the slavers have the girl is a good starting point. "


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

"I suppose the slavers are as good a place as any, though if the Toer Girls can't find her, there's a good chance she's either dead or in hiding."


Female Human (w/Fetchling ancestry)

"Are you sure, Pakak? That's what I told her we needed the money for. I'd hate to disappoint her."

Then Zerazin grinned back at the half-orc.

"Of course, I wouldn't expect her to keep them. I mean, slavery's illegal. But wouldn't you love to see her face when we brought them in?"


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"It would be quite a shock to her senses" Eowith says with a chuckle.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)
Zerazin wrote:

"Are you sure, Pakak? That's what I told her we needed the money for. I'd hate to disappoint her."

Then Zerazin grinned back at the half-orc.

"Of course, I wouldn't expect her to keep them. I mean, slavery's illegal. But wouldn't you love to see her face when we brought them in?"

Pakak puts a hand over his chest, "I am less worried about her face and more worried about my heart condition. I thought you might be serious for a moment there." He chuckles, "So color me relieved instead of my usual orcish green."


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

Crugold seems unusually relaxed about the conversation on slavery. "Slavery may be illegal, but until someone comes up with a viable replacement for the cheap labor, don't expect it to disappear any time soon. As unpleasant as it may be, it's far more necessary to society than most would care to acknowledge. Therefore, I suggest that we stick to our task while amongst them; no need to draw attention to ourselves by starting a ruckus."


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"Yes, we won't be dismantling the entire slave trade this day, let us make haste to the docks and see if we can find these Nidalese traders."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

"Nothing ever got changed by folks sticking their thumbs up their butts. And I'm not suggesting the entire slave trade...just those that have the unfortunate tendency to occur anywhere near me." Pakak says, "But we'll see when we get there."


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

"We have enough to worry about today; no need to add to our difficulties. Perhaps another day when we don't have any other immediate tasks to concern ourselves with. The slavers will still be there, I assure you."


HP 7/7 | DR5/elec | AC 16 | vRange 18 | T 14 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F -1 | R +6 | W +0 | Init +4| Per +4 Sylph Ninja 1

All thinking beings should be free to determine their own fate. I don't have the power to stop slavers...yet. If I ever get the chance, tho'... Meanwhile its good that we are headed toward the docks, and the next clue in finding Natalya.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

"We'll see when we get there," The half orc states again, making no promises.


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"Let us be off then. We may consider posing as slavers or buyers of slaves in order to gain access to the Nidalese."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

Hearing that plan, Pakak sighs and tucks his symbol under his tunic.


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

"I see no need to pose as slavers ourselves. There are limits to what tolerance is able to accept. Still, acting as potential buyers is not all out of line considering that we in a way are, even if in a targeted manner."


Female Human (w/Fetchling ancestry)

"Agreed. As for who should do the talking, I'm happy to defer to another, or to take the lead. I have no real negotiating skill, but I'm sure the Nidalese are rather used to dealing with my people."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

Pakak grins, "I think we've already proven I can talk a great deal, but if someone else wants to join in or even 'take point' in that, I'm flexible."


HP 7/7 | DR5/elec | AC 16 | vRange 18 | T 14 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F -1 | R +6 | W +0 | Init +4| Per +4 Sylph Ninja 1

Adyn decides at another attempt at speaking up. I can see what I might discover, if you wish it. I've been told I'm quite charming and persuasive. If that doesn't work, perhaps our human friend can scare them a little. But if you wish, I can try charm first. So, are we buying slaves or trying to get info about Natalya? Or pretending the first, while doing the second?


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"Are you saying I'm scary, Adyn?" Eowith says with a smile "Are we agreed then? Adyn and Zerazin will first attempt a more civilized method of interaction; if that fails I will intercede with more forceful manners "


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

"And if that fails, than I can apply even more forceful measures."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

"Pretend to be a purchaser, but actually milk them for information? I like that one."


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

Eowithe's smile widens at Crugolds words "Indeed, Crugold, indeed"


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

That said, Eowithe gathers her pack and shield and leads the group towards the docks.


HP 7/7 | DR5/elec | AC 16 | vRange 18 | T 14 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F -1 | R +6 | W +0 | Init +4| Per +4 Sylph Ninja 1

Well, you have an intensity to you, I think you could be very scary when you choose. Let's go see what these Nidalese have to say.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

Pakak nods amiably enough and follows but puts on a more serious face as they approach the docks. It wouldn't do to come in all smiling if he's asked to look mean.


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

As the party makes their way down towards the docks, Eowithe racks her brain trying to remember where any offices used by slavers may be located.

knowledge (local) 1d20 ⇒ 13


Eowythe:

There is no area where slavers would advertise their presence, not in Magnimar. Open slavery is illegal is Varisia, though that doesn't preclude indentured servitude. However, you recall hearing of a smugglers run are near the docks, an old tavern or in or something, used for "less than open" trade. Perhaps some Gather Info checks around that area might yield more information.


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

As they walk towards the docks, Eowithe says "I remember that there is a street near the docks called smuggler's row, where lies a inn or tavern where various not so legal trades occur. Unfortunately , I personally never frequented this area of Magnimar. We may have to discreetly inquire as to the location of this house if Ill repute. Do any of you know this area any better?"


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

"Didn't our source mention purple sails?"


Human Inquisitor (Sin-Eater) 2 HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 11 | FF 17 | CMB +3 | F +3 | R +1 | W +6| Init +4 | Per +8

"That is true , Pakak. But I doubt one would engage in illegal activity in the open on the dock. I think such business would occur somewhere removed from the ships."


Female Human (w/Fetchling ancestry)

"I haven't spent much time around the docks either -- it's so much nicer than the part of Magnimar I grew up."

"So I don't know where this in might be, though it probably shouldn't be too hard to find. Once you're in the right area, if you look like a buyer, the sellers can often find you."

"If all else fails, if we can find the ship, we could probably ask there after their business manager and be directed there."

As we're walking, perception check to notice either, groups of Nidalese or kayal, or ships with Purple sails.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles 1 (AC: 20 [T: 20 FF: 13]** | CMD: 16** | HP: 4/10 | F+4, R+4, W+5** | Init: +4 |Perc: +6 | Conditions: +1 Will Save, +5 AC)

Crugold stays quiet, for while he has been in Magnimar for several years now, he has found little need to explore beyond the neighborhoods where he has spent his days in reflection or practice fighting.


Zerazin:

You don't see any sign of Nidalese, either boats or people, until you reach the docks. Anchored far out into the harbor were indeed two ships with the purple sails.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Abjurer)-6 (Mythic Archmage 1)(Current HP 41/41)

"Well, if we find the ships we can work our way out from there. Openly shady or not, there might at least be crew who could direct us who we need to go as Zerazin points out. And.. who knows? Someone might be in the hold if we get a chance to check that out."


Female Human (w/Fetchling ancestry)

DM Bigrin:
Are the ships anchored so far out that their only access to Magnimar is by skiff, or are they at a dock?

101 to 150 of 812 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Shattered Star IC (Group A) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.