Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bigrin's Second Darkness

Game Master bigrin42

A foul omen looms in the sky over the scoundrel city of Riddleport, an ominous shadow that defies the light. Is it a curse laid millennia ago by forgotten mages? Does it forewarn against the return of some terrible foe? Or does it portend a terrible


301 to 350 of 3,409 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik mutters something and starts to look around as well.

perception": 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


HP 32/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

"Then let's ask him. Shove the cloak under his nose, see what he has to say for himself. He'll either crumple or sic some goons on us. If he tells us what we want to know, great. If he tries to have us beaten, then we fight back. Hard."


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"How are we going to shove anything under his nose?" Anklebiter asks. "The door is shut and he doesn't want to open it."


HP 32/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

"Then we open the door for him. Give me some cover." Bruendor slips out his tools, and begins some quick work on the lock.

Mechanics:

Try to open the lock on the door. Also including a Stealth check - seems appropriate.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


The lock turned easily under Bruendor's picks, the mechanism disengaging with a quiet click. The door opened with the quietness of well-oiled hinges - obviously a mistake on Smeed's part - to reveal a darkened room with straw strewn all over the floor. Bits of rotting fruit and meat seem to be scattered everywhere, and the smell of an animal presence is palpable. A dark shape on the far side of the room appears to be hunched over, possible in sleep.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

low-light vision perception to discern the hunched shape on the far side of the room

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik rubs at his nose as the smells come out.


The figure is hunched with its back to you. All you can really tell is that it is furry and not wearing clothes.

Spoiler:

Here is the map of what you can see.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Well, we might as well see what we can find out," Calla says, as she slips into the room.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter will follow at the back of the party.

Stealth check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17.


Dice rolls:

anklebiter 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
kelendra 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
bruendor 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
calla 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
lefrik 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
creature 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Round 1 initiatives:
Bruendor, Lefrik
creature
kelendra, calla, anklebiter

With a heavy sniff, the creature jerked upright. It spun around and you got a glimpse of a long tailed primate before the large fangs toook all of your attention. With an ear-piercing shriek it attacked!


HP 32/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 1

Bruendor winces as he hears the creature scream. There goes the element of surprise, he thinks to himself as he enters the room. He pulls his sap and begins to angle his way around the creature.

Mechanics:

Standard: Pull sap.
Move: Move to -A2.
Free: Try not to look too much like a banana.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"What IS that... and am I supposed to kill it?" Lefrik asks.
Unless someone advises him otherwise, he'll instead try to subdue the damn thing by rushing towards it and smacking it with the flat of his great axe

-4 to the hit roll to do non lethal if I recall correctly. Already taken into account for roll below...

1d20 ⇒ 20
Non lethal damage if above hit": 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Lefrik's axe smacked the creature hard up on the side of the head. The creature's wail was silenced at the blow, as the metal connected with skull with a sickening crunch. The creature fell to the floor, completely unconscious.

A scramble of feet on wooden stairs was heard from the front of the house, as well as the sounds of locking bars being thrown into place. Smeed was on the run!


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Should have had someone watching the other door," Anklebiter sighs, shaking his head. "Like when chasing chickens. Someone to come with me and run around the building, please?"

Provided someone volunteers, Anklebiter nips outside and starts running around the building, hopefully cutting Smeed off before he can get away.


The animal was a baboon, and it's inch-long fangs were bared to the air as it snoozed. The floor of the room was covered in the straw it used as bedding, and a chain was fastened to one wall. The manacle on the end of the chain was open, indicating that Smeed didn't keep the thing locked up all the time.

Anklebiter and whoever followed him to the front door found it closed and barred. It seemed that Smeed had no interest in running directly into the hands of anyone waiting outside. From the floor overhead came the sound of muffled thumps, and a long grating noise as something was dragged across the floorboards.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Stilla Acida!" Anklebiter chants, and he starts pelting the door with acid, concentrating on the lock and the surrounding woodwork. "Someone put a strong shoulder into it, please?"

Casting Acid Splashes to dissolve the door.


anklebiter:
Nice try. Acid does half damage to wood, and you're not getting through the hardness with 1d3 damage ;)

Of course, if Lerik were to plant a boot or an axe, I'd definitely give a bonus or two.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

DM Bigrin:
Well, I'll just keep it up until they do, huh? ^^


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik barely has time to stare at the downed beast, before heading off after Anklebitter again.

Quote:
"Someone put a strong shoulder into it, please?"

"I must say, a 'regular job' in the city is very much like stories of raiding my father told me." He brings all force to bear against the door to help it along.

I assume I add str bonus to his roll to break down the door, if not, ignore that bonus

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

If that doesn't help, he may switch to chopping it down with axe.


Lefrik busts the door open to find himself face-to-face with another barred door. Meanwhile, inside the back part of the house, Calla stuck her head around the partition to see a staircase leading up to the second floor.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Calla will try to open the door, to see if she can let her companions in.


Calla easily lifts the locking bar on the door leading from the main office to the small alcove off the main door. She opens the door to see a surprised Lefrik getting ready to bash the door in, and standing on the splintered remains of the outer door.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"There are easier ways to handle things, boys."


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Kelendra snaps the manacle on the slumbering baboon, then shuts the backdoor and strolls in, following Calla.

"Sounds like someone is still bumping around upstairs, let's hurry." But rather than lead the way, she steps back against the wall to allow Lefrik to lead the charge.


HP 32/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

"If Smeed gets away, we've got no leads on our man! After him!" Bruendor makes way for Lefrik to lead the way, and follows close behind, his sap at the ready.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik takes the dwarf's lead and gives chase.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Kelendra follows Lefrik and Bruendor, weapon drawn and her Coat of Many Stars activated.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Calla follows after Lefrik, pulling her morningstar as she goes.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Giggling quietly, Anklebiter falls in behind Calla.


I need a reflex save from Lefrik, Bruendor, and Kelendra


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


HP 32/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Mechanics:

Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Reflex save": 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Lefrik thundered up the stairs, taking them two at a time, with Bruendor and Kelendra close behind. The barbarian felt the tripwire hit his ankle, but there was nowhere to go as the gout of flame washed across the landing. He and Bruendor managed to avoid most of the flame, but Kelendra wasn't quite as quick. She took the main portion of the flame to her face and torso, and her shrieks outdid even the baboon's.

Tripwire! Lefrik and Bruendor take half of 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 fire damage, while Kelendra takes the full amount.

At the top of the stairs, Lefrik saw a small man shoving something into a pack and trying to get a window open at the same time. He stared back in terror and dropped the pack, abandoning its contents in hope of getting the window open. "Stay away!" he yelled.

Here is the map


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Kelendra rushes across the room, trying to cut off Smeed's route to the window.

double move to block window, finish in square D16


Everyone please keep your sheets up to date, especially with regard to conditions and hp


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Calla moves into the room, pointing her finger at the man and rotating it in three quick circles. "Calistria's wrath find you," she swears, voice deadly serious.

Mechanics:
Activate divine retribution (1 of 6 uses/day): As a standard action, you can point at one creature within 30 feet to indicate that it is the target of divine wrath. A mishap or an accident appropriate to the environment occurs, such as a branch falling on the creature, rocks falling from the ceiling, or some other nonmagical misfortune; regardless of the cause, the mishap deals 1d6 points of damage + 1 point for every two inquisitor levels you possess (Reflex DC 13 half).


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Don't move!" Anklebiter shrieks at the man as he hops into the room, and points a finger at the man. "Acid consumes you if you move! Raise hands, lie face-down on the floor!"

Ready action to hit the man with an Acid Splash if he tries to run despite this warning.


HP 32/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Bruendor curses loudly as the flame blast scorches him - less out of pain, and more out of disappointment. Traps were his specialty, and he'd missed it. "Damned human! Who the Hell traps his own staircase?!?" He offers a hand to Kelendra, who had taken the worst of the incendiary, and continues racing up the stairs.

Finally, they enter the upstairs, and see Smeed struggling with the window. "I'd listen to the greenskin if I were you, Smeed. Do you really think you can outrun all of us? Especially Lefrik here? You tell us what we need to know, and everybody walks away from this exchange happy and in the same relative contiguousness that they had going into it. You make us chase you, and well...I can't be responsible for what they do to you. My damned stubby legs means I get there last. Remember, I'm the merciful one. The rest of these guys? Not so much."

Mechanics:

Move to B15. Try an Intimidate!
Intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 11


As Calla finished her cant, The window Smeed was forcing open suddenly slammed shut on the man's hand and the sound of cracking bone was heard across the room. He snarled and whipped a scimitar from his belt and slashed at Kelendra, who was trying to block his escape.

"Leave me be, damn you! Boss Croat will hear of this. If Vancaskerin thinks he can bully me to get out of paying off his debts, he is mistaken!"

mechanics:

scimitar 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

confirm crit 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
damage 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3) + 8 = 16

eek! Sorry Kelendra :( Kelendra

His slash caught Kelendra beneath her rib cage and disemboweled her. The look of shock and horror on her face was matched by the others in the room. This wasn't supposed to happen!


HP 32/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

You're very hard on our healers, you know that, DM?


Not my fault the one most wounded ran straight into scimitar blade o_0


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Curse you, Smeed. We're trying to figure out if you got paid, you illiterate son of a goblin, and what happened to our delivery boy. Now surrender or you'll suffer the same fate as Kelendra!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Edited because I didn't see quite how much damage had been done to Kelendra!


Smeed stared aghast at the corpse of the woman before him. The scimitar slipped from his fingers as he cried "What have I done? What have I done? it was Saul, he made me do it. If he hadn't sent you to kill me she would still be alive. It's not my fault!" He wailed and it seemed as if something in the man was broken.

"Please don't kill me. I'll let Saul off. My life is worth his debt, just don't kill me. Please, I didn't mean to kill her. She was just there, and I..." He trailed off, still staring at the body at his feet.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"That's a start, Smeed. We'll have to talk to Saul about whether it's enough to pay for a woman's life."

"Perhaps you will answer the simple questions we came to ask you now. Saul's employee, Larur, has gone missing. He was sent here to deliver Saul's pay. Did he ever arrive?"

Calla's voice is cold as the grave as her eyes remain glues to the hapless man in front of her, a vision of Calistria's wrath incarnate.


"No! I never saw the dwarf. But, if he's one of Saul's friends, good riddance, I say!" he realized that the statement might be applied to the woman on the floor and cringed from the expected blow.


HP 32/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

"Kelendra!" Bruendor shouts as the half-elven lass is cruelly cut down before him. Fury flames behind his eyes, and he kicks Smeed's scimitar aside as it clatters to the ground. He slams a fist into Smeed's gut after his comment. "Mind your lip, Smeed! You've killed one of the Goblin's employees tonight. My mercy can only be pushed so far, and you are teetering on the edge! So, unless you want to be taking a midnight swim in the river, you'll answer all of our questions! Now, if Larur never made it here, why did we find his cloak in the bins behind your palatial estate here? No more games, answer me, damn you!" As Bruendor talks - nay, screams - his face flushes with an anger he'd kept hidden from all of the other employees. It's a little disconcerting to see such a change in the man.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


"Anyone could have put that there. I've certainly never seen it before."

Calla:
You get the feeling that Smeed is telling the truth.

301 to 350 of 3,409 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.