Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Bigrin's Second Darkness

Game Master bigrin42

A foul omen looms in the sky over the scoundrel city of Riddleport, an ominous shadow that defies the light. Is it a curse laid millennia ago by forgotten mages? Does it forewarn against the return of some terrible foe? Or does it portend a terrible


901 to 950 of 3,582 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Ack! Cure Light! Cure Light! >_<


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5
Anklebiter the Insane wrote:
Ack! Cure Light! Cure Light! >_<

Whew ;) in that case, since the last post is too far gone for me to edit...

CLW potion 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Then to Lefrik's surprise, the wounds not only seal, but at least one of the worst wounds vanishes almost entirely.

We'll say it was a slow acting one and complain to the alchemist later :)

15 hp currently


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 3

Bruendor grimaces as the blade pierces his shoulder. "Damn it all, you fools - we're not your enemies here! All Saul speaks is lie after damnable lie!" He strikes at the foe that he and Calla are facing off against, landing a solid blow on his chest.

Mechanics:

Standard Action: Attack this guy again, same as last round.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6 nonlethal

Move: If this somehow drops the guy I've been fighting, I'll tumble back towards Anklebiter (square S17). If not, I stay put.
Acrobatics (if needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Status:

AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 19
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +7
CMD 14
HP 15/15
Divine retribution (DC 13) 1/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: bless, fighting defensively, abjuring power

Calla curses at Saul begins moving toward the exit and, waiting until after Bruendor hits their foe, moves full speed toward him. "Not so fast!" she calls out. "Stand and face judgment, you coward!" As she moves, she switches her morningstar to her off-hand and pulls out her whip.

Full move toward Saul.

Hope one of you plans to follow me, since I can't fight all three by myself.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Kel casts Cure Light Wounds on Lefrik, then moves forward to close the gap with the archer blocking the way to Saul.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

move to S13

"FOOLS! Three of you are dead already! Join us against Saul the liar and share his gold!"


Bruendor's blow felled the thug in front of him, and he rolled back towards the rest, narrowly avoiding a blow from the other nearby bouncer. As Lefrik and Kelendra tend to the barbarian's wounds, Anklebiter burned a flake of skin from the cheek of the closest bouncer. Kwava ignored his dagger and took up bow and arrow, dropping the nearest archer with a well-placed shot through the eye.

As the others were dealing with the riffraff, Calla vaulted a golem table and rushed towards Saul and the others. "Deal with that!" Saul called, pushed Beyar towards Calla. "I'll bring the others." He disappeared through the kitchen door and started shouting upstairs. The sound of running feet could be heard as more people heeded his call and came to join the ambush.

One of the archers on the platform heeded the calls of the girls and shouted "I want nothing more to do with this!" Another answered, "A contract is a contract, until the term is up or one party is no longer able to meet his part. It's the only law in this misbegotten town. Now do your job!" Mere moments later, another volley of arrows is loosed on the companions.

Hans moved to flank Beyar, and between them , they rained blows down on Calla. One snuck through her defenses and left a deep gash in her side.

mechanics:

l1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
a1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
k1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
kw1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
b1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
l1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d6 ⇒ 1

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Round 4:

Anklebiter takes 4 damage from an arrow
Calla takes 6 damage

Initiatives:

group
enemy

Here's the updated map.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Kel rushes forward and brings her morningstar down on one of the men threatening Calla, trying to even up the fight.

move to N11, morningstar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Saul!" The renewed Lefrik snarls and moves with the speed beserkers are known for as he tries to close the gap.

Trying to get to Saul, but if he can't, he'll run as close as he can and take a shot at anyone defending Saul. Hopefully he won't step on Kel :o

to hit with Great Axe bonuses counted: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
if hits, dmg: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Status:

AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 19
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +7
CMD 14
HP 9/15
Divine retribution (DC 13) 2/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: bless, fighting defensively, abjuring power

Dropping her whip, Calla tosses her morningstar back into her other hand and steps to put their foe between her and Kelendra. She feints a couple times, hoping the priestess manages to exploit Beyar having to defend himself from her.

Assuming Kel moves to N11, I'll take a 5-foot step to L9, which should give us flanking but prevent them from flanking me (or at least give me an AoO if they can get into K8

Attack with morningstar (flanking, bless, fighting defensively): 1d20 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 2 - 4 = 10


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Looks like I can't give everyone that deflection bonus - too spread out! Also down to about half my hp, so...

Anklebiter cries out when the arrow pierces his flesh, and rushes to find cover under one of the tables.

"We need to stop up the doorways before the rest of the staff can mob us!" he shrieks, unleashing the usual spell on one of the archers.

In the rafters, there is a movement in the shadows. Something small and shiny comes hurtling at the other archer. A bottle of amber-coloured liquid, which shatters... and flame erupts, roaring like a dragon.

Anklebiter takes cover under the table at P13 and casts Acid Splash on the archer at P19. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11, damage if successful: 1d3 ⇒ 2.

Meanwhile, Minky the monkey has moved to N17 by means of the roofbeams and - provided there is an opening to do so - chucks his bottle of alchemist fire at the archer at L16 for 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire damage, with a chance of catching fire. Minky then tries to hide from sight. Stealth check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21.


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Dwarven might not be a beautiful language, but it had such wonderfully harsh curses. When Bruendor saw Saul escaping, and heard the shatter of glass and roar of flame above him, he let out a string of some of his favorites. "Fine," Bruendor said flatly after the invictives have left him. "You want to play it like that? We can play it like that." He smashes his sap into the man next to him,

Mechanics:

Standard: Attack the guy in front of me. No Combat Expertise.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 nonlethal
Move: If he doesn't drop, tumble to Q19. If he does, move to S20 and try to smash through the window.
Die roll, if needed for that move action: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

All of a sudden, inspiration flares in Anklebiter's mind. His jaw sags as he realizes the potent weapon he has been holding all this time.

'How could I not have realized this sooner?! Oh, right. Not a typical Goblin weapon. But if it works...'

Anklebiter draws a deep breath, then shrieks at the top of his voice: "I HAVE WRITTEN EVIDENCE THAT SAUL VANCASKERKIN IS INTENTIONALLY DRIVING THE GOLDEN GOBLIN INTO BANKRUPTCY! HE WON'T BE ABLE TO PAY HIS EMPLOYEES FOR MUCH LONGER!"


Anklebiter:
I don't think an Int of 2 is enough for a monkey to be able to throw a splash weapon (at least not on a target you designate). Empathic link isn't specific enough to convey that level of detail. unless you can point me to a source that says differently, I don't think Minkey can carry out your plan.

Kelendra's blow rocked Beyar back on his heels as Calla tried to circle behind him. Lefrik came running in, but couldn't quite reach the bodyguards as they continued to focus on Calla. A fierce blow by Beyar takes her under the arm, and blood flows heavily.

Anklebiter's aim is thrown off by another volley of arrows as Bruendor tries to roll away from the bouncer. The bouncer, distracted by Bruendor's near miss with the sap, turned to follow the rogue and stabbed Bruendor in the throat as the dwarf was regaining his feet. The dwarf felt another piercing blow as an arrow took him in the back. Kwava also jerked as an arrow took him in the leg,

mechanics:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

l1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
a1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
k1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
kw1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
b1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Round 5:

Bruendor takes 4 damage from an arrow, and 5 damage from the bouncer, putting him at 0 hp
Calla takes another 9 damage putting her at 0 hp

Initiatives:

group
enemy

Here's the updated map.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Well, monkeys know how to throw their poop and things at specific targets. ^^;

Hmm, I had Anklebiter under the table at P13, not S13... Odd.

"Bastard!" Anklebiter shrieks at the bouncer standing over the quiescent Bruendor. The Goblin charges forward, wand in hand, and jabs it into the man's side. Elictricity crackles over the unfortunate human's body...

"Kwava, help me out!"

Anklebiter charges the bouncer at R18, foregoing all wizardly common sense. >_< Touch attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22. Damage if successful: 1d6 ⇒ 4. No response to my shout, huh? Sad Goblin... Could Minky at least drop the alchemist fire on the archer at O18, as the nearest threat to his master and the most likely one to be scaring Anklebiter? *hopeful*


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik's eyes narrow as his companions fall one by one, If I start hitting Saul, he'll beg for backup..and buy Kel time to heal the others! He closes on Saul, trying to keep his flank from being TOO easy a shot for his lackey. "You best hope my friends live, Saul. THEY wanted your treacherous ass alive."

(Bonuses added in)To Hit Saul: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
(same)dmg if that hits: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 5, AC 22, HP 13/17

"Saul is lying and we'll prove it, you louts, Anklebiter has proof! Bouncers, you know us, we've worked together! He murdered Larur, now he is trying to murder us and you all saw how we defended his life just a day ago! He will treat you the exact same, today you defend his life, tomorrow he'll cut your throats! Join us, save your necks and take his gold, join us Now!" Kel begs the bouncers and archers to change their allegiance, while still moving to defend Calla from the thugs threatening her.

shift to M10, Attack on Beyar(?): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Sorry, Ank. P13 is a podium. You'd have had a hard time hiding there. I put you under a table at S13. And it's not a matter of monkeys not knowing how to throw things. More of not being able to communicate exactly what you want her to do. If you were 3rd level, and she could deliver touch spells, I'd say she was good to go with bombarding, but not at this level. I'll give you a 40% chance of Minky understanding what you want her to do, high works. 1d100 ⇒ 59

Lefrik, Saul went through the doors 2 rounds ago. He's not anywhere in sight. You have no idea where he is.

You can't tell if your words are having no effect because they don't believe you, because they have been paid well, because they're afraid of Saul, or what. All you know is that they seem to be falling on deaf ears.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Status:

AC 20, touch 14, flat-footed 18
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +7
CMD 14
HP 0/15
Divine retribution (DC 13) 2/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: bless, fighting defensively, staggered

Calla, hurting badly, moves directly south, hoping her foes will have to stop to deal with the big barbarian and she'll have a chance to drink one of her curative potions.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Change of action then Lefrik scowls as he sees his friends fall and that Saul has slipped away. He moves to act as cover for Calla as best he might speaks to her and Kelendra, "Time to leave. Our enemy is gone. These fools believe every lie his treacherous tongue says. Front door?"

Total Defense move, +4 to AC, no attacks. If there is someway to act as a meatshield/cover for Calla or give her the AC bonus instead I'd like to do that.

"Good elf, can you get to Bruendor?"


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 5.1, AC 22, HP 13/17

Kel runs straight onto the stage in the center of Golden Goblin. She stands at the front of the stage (Q14), making both a spectacle and target of herself, and shouts at the archers and bouncers.

"We found Saul's hidden treasure, a chest full of golden profits, we'll give you 10 times whatever Saul paid you!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Then Kel will activate her last Moonlight Bridge, creating a glittering bridge of pure moonlight that leads directly from the edge of the stage to Bruendor.


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 5

Bruendor's vision wavers as the blows catch up with him. He's woozy, and his strength has just about left him. Looks like your mother was right, he thought. You really are a useless dwarf, and now you're going to die here in Riddleport, far from your home.

Even as he was thinking those thoughts, he was casting about for a way out of his predicament. He slowly backs towards one of the windows, his free hand holding the wound on his throat.

Mechanics:

Free: 5' step to R21.

So, at this point, it seems appropriate to ask: what sort of action is it to leap through a window?


A jump (leap) can be taken as part of a move action


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

The windows have been shuttered, though, right? Do I need to do anything to open them?


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Weren't they boarded up...? o_o;


You can try and crash through, or make for the now-open front door, or take Kelendra's moon bridge


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Front door would be my best option if I wasn't staggered. As it is, I only move 10' a round. Tumbling would halve that again, meaning I'm taking 5' steps. So, if it's possible to open the shutters on the window in R&S21 this round, I'll do so, with the hopes of escaping next round.


Without much discussion, the group of raiders decided to break off the attack and withdraw back through the gambling hall. Anklebiter ran for the brute threatening Bruendor and jabbed him with a wand. The sparking discharge rocked the man back on his heels and Kwava's arrow sent the man falling to the ground. Bruendor was freed up to make a move for the door. Everyone else continued to fall back as arrows rained around them, but only Kwava and Anklebiter were wounded. Lefrik fought off both Hans and Beyar as he covered Calla's retreat.

mechanics:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

l1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
a1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d6 ⇒ 3
k1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
kw1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d6 ⇒ 5
b1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Round 6:

At a rate of 10' per round, It's going to take Calla roughly 6 more rounds to exit the building.

Anklebiter takes 3 damage from an arrow.

Initiatives:

group
enemy

Here's the updated map.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter moves to T18 first, and hands Bruendor a potion of Cure Light Wounds.

"Here, drink up!" Anklebiter chitters at Bruendor, shoving his last healing potion into the Dwarf's hand.

Provided Calla and Kelendra can make it to the door soonish, Anklebiter proceeds to V18.

"Everybody... RUN!" the Goblin shrieks, running to hold the door open for everyone's escape.


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Cure Light Wounds:

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Nice! We really ought to keep buying our potions from this alchemist.

Bruendor grabs the potion from Anklebiter and quaffs it, and his vision steadies as the wound in his throat closes. He coughs up the blood, staining his chin and teeth red. "Lefrik!" he shouts hoarsely. "Get the Hell out of there, our quarry has fled!" He sheathes his blade and retreats back into the vestibule, pressing up against the doorway, seeking shelter from the rain of arrows.

Mechanics:

Standard: Drink potion as above.
Move: Sheathe my rapier so I might draw my crossbow, if there's another round or so of combat.
Free: Adjust into U19, hopefully finding cover from the arrows.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Status:

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +7
CMD 14
HP 6/15
Divine retribution (DC 13) 2/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: bless

Calla drinks one of her potions, sighing in relief as her wounds begin to knit close, and then heads toward the closest exit she can find, her shield up to protect her from any more arrows.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Keep going, I'm sparing lives right now," Lefrik keeps covering the others, fighting defensively, and backing away.

Total Defense +4 and restricted withdraw I believe. He'll focus on protecting whoever seems to be slowest


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

@ Bruendor: Well, I bought one potion. We lifted the other one off of that dead Korvosan, I think. :) In any case, the wand helps save the day - or our hides, anyway - yet again!

"Spare lives faster, please, and running!" Anklebiter shouts from the slightly dubious safety beyond the door.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 6

Realizing that making a spectacle of herself didn't appear to attract any arrows at all, Kel follows Anklebiter's advice and rushes out through the door they entered.

double move out through the door


mechanics:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

l1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d6 ⇒ 6
c1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d6 ⇒ 4
kw1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d6 ⇒ 1
kw1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d6 ⇒ 2
c1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d6 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The group continues the exodus, with Kelendra, Bruendor, and Anklebiter making it through the doors. Calla and Lefrik continued their withdrawal through a rain of arrows and blows from Hans and Beyar. Calla took another arrow, her armor soaked with blood and starting to look like a pincushion, but she managed to keep going. Kwava took another pair of hits, but his return strike laid Hans to the floor. Beyar shrieked in fury and launched himself at Lefrik, but the barbarian easily avoided his strikes.

Round 6:

Calla takes 4 damage from an arrow.

Initiatives:

group
enemy

Here's the updated map.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Status:

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +7
CMD 14
HP 2/15
Divine retribution (DC 13) 3/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: bless

Badly hurting, Calla gestures again, calling down divine retribution from Calistria on Beyar, hoping it lets the big Ulfen finish the man off, then flees the gaming hall. 5 hp; Reflex DC 13 for half

Divine Retribution (Sp): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Beyer! Ask yourself why I'm not killing you. Why I'm no longer attacking others, think on it, all of you. Yes, I withdraw, but if I were the murderer they claim I would be finishing you and then withdrawing."

Same as before, Total Defense, restricted withdraw right behind Calla and trying to block any attacks he can against her.

If both he and Calla can make it through the door, he keeps pace slightly behind her to provide cover against any arrows shot after them.


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 6

Bruendor grabbed his crossbow and readied it, training it on Beyar. "Come on, Lefrik," Bruendor muttered to himself. "Give me the shot..."

Mechanics:

Move: Draw my crossbow.
Readied action to fire at Beyar once Lefrik is out of melee...which is now.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13, Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

At Bruendor's side, Anklebiter growls like an upset cat, his ears twitching and his eyes a-glow. His fingers wriggle as he mutters odd words under his breath, either a spell or a curse in the Goblin tongue.

"Someone better find something to jam these doors," the Goblin says in a low voice. "Stop any more from following us and shooting us in the back."

Ready action: if Beyar comes within range of an Acid Splash and Anklebiter can take the shot without any of the other party members being in the way, he'll take the shot. Unless we're all of us running by the time Beyar gets in range, of course. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17. Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 2.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Kel waits just outside the doors with morningstar in hand, ready to thwack anything that chases her companions out the doors.


Bursting through the doors and out into the night, you made ready for a fighting withdrawal, but no pursuit came. Apparently no one was willing to follow you out of the ambush zone and into the city proper where you might have the advantage. Bruendor's parting shot disappeared into the Goblin as he ran for the door, and he never did see whether he hit Beyar or not.

As soon as you made the safety of the shadows, Kwava waved you to stop. With wary eyes he scanned the area surrounding the Goblin, then said "I do not believe there are any of them out here. Saul apparently didn't rely on the capacity of the wererats alone, but prepared for your eventual return. We obviously cannot take him in a frontal assault again."


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"No," Calla snarls, bristling with rage. "We rest, then come back in the morning, burn the Goblin to the ground and salt the earth. Saul has much to pay for!"


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik hits a wall in frustration, "I have been a fool! Saul has used us to take down his foes, and those we have protected have turned on us thanks to his lies or their greed. Bah! Maybe we should leave this stink hole of a city."


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

"If we leave, then let's leave with Saul's gold." Kel bristles, "We already have a reputation for killing no less than 33 men and after tonight that number is near 40. Let's turn the talk of this town against Saul, label him a betrayer, make it hard for him to find more thugs to carry out his plans. And no need to wait for morning, let's set this place on fire tonight!" Kel gets an almost goblin-ish gleam in her eyes.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"I do not know. With our luck, Saul will survive, and he was making the place worth near nothing anyway. How much would its loss really hurt him?"


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"I like a good fire," Anklebiter says while he rubs his wounds. "But take it from a Goblin; if you set places on fire, people carry grudges. A really good fire gets out of hand, too. If people get killed who have nothing to do with this, then lots of people carry a grudge. Like the town guard and the Overlord."

With a grimace, Anklebiter finds a spot to sit down, and he rummages in the inner recesses of his robes, Minky the monkey chittering angrily when they struggle momentarily over a peanut. Finally, the Goblin brings out a carefully-rolled piece of parchment, and he grins.

"Saul's bookkeeping," Anklebiter announces. "Which of his enemies do you think would like best to have copies? Maybe Overlord, too?"


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"you think this paper could hurt him? Who? Half of his enemies we have worked against, the others may believe his eyes. Even this 'overlord' might bear us no reason to turn against him."


"That would not be entirely accurate," came a voice from the shadows. A deeper shadow in the darkness moved slightly, and a piece of parchment drifted down from a perch on the eaves of the building nearest you. "The Overlord has heard of Vancaskerin's contract on you, through certain...furry representatives. He is quite concerned that a full-out war between Saul and Riddleport's newest...heroes...could be bad for business. He sent me to watch, report on any altercations between you and Vancaskerin, and to give you this message.

"The Overlord is not concerned with the outcome of this squabble. He will take no actions against you or Vancaskerin, as long as your disagreement does not spill over into other businesses or citizens. Burning the Goblin to the ground would be acceptable, if you could guarantee that the surrounding businesses would not be harmed - highly doubtful you could pull that off; this whole town is a tinderbox. Sieges are commonplace in Riddleport, after all. Cross those lines and the Overlord will come in with a combined force and scourge you both from the city."

A soft noise was heard from the area of the deep shadows, and your 'messenger' was gone.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Mmmph," Lefrik frowns at the shadows, "We are on our own, and Saul is free to kill us quietly. Not reassuring news." A grumble, "We need a safe place to fall back to, to heal and restore ourselves. Then, if we still want revenge... though personally I'm tempted to leave this tinderbox of a city to rot... we can work something out from there."


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

"Agreed. We need a safehouse, and I need to plan. We also don't know if Saul has any other redoubts within the city. We're hanging in the wind here, and if we don't regain our footing fast, he'll send some people to finish us off."

Bruendor turns back to Kwava. "They'll probably be looking for you as well now, but you've got the least notoriety of the six of us at the moment. Get us an inn somewhere for us to crash for the night and lick our wounds. I'll work on some basic disguises for us so any hounds Saul sends will have a hard time catching our scents. Standard watches from now on, and nobody goes anywhere without a buddy after Kwava gets back."


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Disguises? You're going to make me shave my beard or something, aren't you?" Lefrik grouses.

901 to 950 of 3,582 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.