Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Bigrin's Second Darkness

Game Master bigrin42

A foul omen looms in the sky over the scoundrel city of Riddleport, an ominous shadow that defies the light. Is it a curse laid millennia ago by forgotten mages? Does it forewarn against the return of some terrible foe? Or does it portend a terrible


851 to 900 of 2,942 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Well, that explains where the revenue stream we couldn't account for in Saul's ledgers comes from," Anklebiter says, musingly. "As for mystery Elves... Vancaskerkin took on that Half-Elf lady as floor manager recently; the one who casts. She could be a full Elf in disguise, perhaps? In any case, I suggest we don't go back tonight; let's mend our scrapes and recharge our spells. Oh, and we mustn't go back without a present! How do you think he would like three wererat heads, plucked fresh off the stump, my friends new and old?" The Goblin giggles at that last question, and starts feeding the fire small twigs, his red eyes glittering with an odd sort of affection for the flames.


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

"mm, I already severed one. Perhaps letting Saul think he succeeded would be a good idea. Where should we 'lay low' at?"


"The half-elf is Samritha Beldusk, yes? She's clear. She is exactly what she seems.

"You can stay the night here, is you wish, and tomorrow go to see to your friend. It might be best to do so in secret, hidden beneath cloaks or other disguise. If Saul doesn't know you are alive, he might be less prepared for your return."


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 29/29, AC 18/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 4

"Or we play dumb when we go back and then simply take Vancercaskin by surprise later -- or follow him ourselves to one of his mysterious meetings that Kwava spoke of."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"It's a little difficult to disguise me," Anklebiter says, shrugging. "I mean, a cloak and hood can disguise me, yes. But there aren't a lot of Goblins running around Riddleport. Once the hood comes off, people are going to know I, at least, survived the ambush. Tongues will wag."


HP 23/37, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Backing up a step...

Bruendor spits as Anklebiter reads out the words written on the parchment. "I KNEW that two-faced, key-handed whoreson was using us. He never wanted to turn over a new leaf - he was just using us to clear away his debts and change the balance of power in Riddleport. The worst part? He's sent us to meet our doom, which means he doesn't need us any longer. Whatever his final plan is, it's going down soon."

Bruendor listens in silence as Kwava holds palaver with them, poking at the fire with a stick. "We can't show ourselves to Saul unless we're ready to strike at him, Calla. He doesn't expect to see us again. And the longer we delay, the less chance we have of capitalizing on our advantage - once those three fail to report back, then Ziphras, Saul and gods-knows-who-else will suspect we're still alive. We should go back to the Goblin as soon as we're ready." He looks up to Kwava, pausing for a moment. "All of us."

He rises, committing the stick to the flame. "I'll work on disguises tonight. Maybe make you up to be a halfling leper or something, greenskin, so nobody takes too close a look. Rest up, everyone. Tomorrow, we stage our own ambush on the Goblin."


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

"Very well, let me know the plan when you all think of one. I will trust our elven ally that I am NOT growing to sprout whiskers and get some sleep."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"On second thought, I think maybe, we shouldn't wait," Anklebiter says. "We could just sneak back now and see what kind of preparations the one-armed bandit is making. If there are lots, we know to make a sneakier - or more powerful - plan. If he isn't loading himself up on mercenaries yet..."

Anklebiter slowly closes a small, green fist. "... we squeeze him until he starts spilling the truth. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting a little tired of dancing when I don't even know the tune being played. I am Anklebiter. My tribe cast me out, so I don't have to act like other Goblins, who bow and fawn to every big evil that crooks a finger."

The Goblin's eyes glow an eerie red, almost as bright as the flames, as he exposes nearly all his teeth in a humourless Goblin grin. "What say we start playing our own tune, friends new and old?"


half-elf Oracle 4 | HP 35/35 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

"I say we follow Anklebiter's plan, I keep thinking of Larur's bloody cloak, of my own blood spilling on the money lender's floor, of Lefrik collapsing on the ship, of Calla dropping to the floor in the Golden Goblin itself. This man has nearly killed us all, he did kill Larur and probably the cook as well, he deserves no mercy and no more time to weave havoc. Let's end his sick plans tonight!"


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 29/29, AC 18/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 4

Though she's less careful as she leaves the area of the fight, as she nears the Golden Goblin, Calla begins keeping to the shadows and keeping out of direct light, calling occasionally on her goddess for guidance.

1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22
Casting guidance as needed she goes.


mechanics:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 29/29, AC 18/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 4

Calla glares as Lefrik apparently tries to bump into as many things as possible on the way back to Saul's.


The Gold Goblin is eerily well-lit as you approach it shortly after 2 in the morning. It is not the well-lit nature of a late night event, as there are no patrons in evidence - which, in itself is odd. 2 am isn't specifically late for Goblin clientele. From across the street, you can see that every window is closed and shuttered, and the doors are closed as well. Wooden boards still close the gaps where the raiders broke in through windows a few nights before, and the place has the feel of a building ready for a siege.

Though you stick to the shadows as you approach the Goblin, apparently someone in there has a keen eye, for as you scope the place out, a shout of alarm and warning rings out from the second floor. You have been spotted.

Spoiler:

What are your plans?

As a refresher, here is a map of the Golden Goblin first floor.
And one of the second floor


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

As the warning shout goes out, Lefrik winces, and whispers to the others, "Well, stealth is out. Do we storm in and challenge Saul openly, or tell them that it is just us and to stand down and hope it works?"


half-elf Oracle 4 | HP 35/35 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

"Let's try the bluff, he doesn't know that we're aware of his treachery. We call out to Saul to let us in, telling him that we were hurt in an ambush and need healing."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Sounds reasonable," Anklebiter whispers. "But first..."

The Goblin's face twists in concentration, the brands on his skin rippling and linking up so they almost make sense. A pulse of energy washes over the gathered adventurers.

Anklebiter uses his Abjurer power. Everyone gets a +1 Deflection bonus to AC for the next three rounds.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 29/29, AC 18/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 4

Saul, you fool, it's us! Let us in!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Everyone roll a perception check.

From inside the gambling house, you hear muted calls from at least 3 different individuals. The individual calls turn into a babble of voices. Then, from out of a darkened window came a crossbow bolt, narrowly missing Calla and skipping off the cobblestones. Saul's voice topped out above the others, with a cry of "You idiot! I said hold your fire. They are on our side."

He then called out to you, "Thank the gods you're alive! I got word an hour ago that the meet was a trap. I sent Bojask to warn you, but it was too late. Hang on, it'll take a minute to get these boards pried loose. We're under siege, or will be shortly. I have word that the Overlord is tired of this feud. He said he'd look the other way while we settled it, once and for all. He gave Croat and Zincher, and Karle (I think) carte blanche. Get inside quick, and I'll fill you in."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14.
And an untrained Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Yikes! Holy conundrum, Batman! I request that those who have a better Sense Motive modifier than myself exercize it with a vengeance. >_<


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Lefrik doesn't trust this one bit, but leaves responses to the more chatty talkers even as he keeps his eyes peeled.


half-elf Oracle 4 | HP 35/35 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 29/29, AC 18/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 4

"Bloody fool!" Calla curses as the bolt flashes by.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Is Kwava with us?


Yes, he is. None of the perception or sense motive checks reveal anything


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"We go in, but weapons drawn, yes?" Anklebiter whispers. "And wary of treachery."


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

Lefrik will nod, and act like he's casually cleaning his weapon as he moves forward This maybe a good time to remind the DM of Lefrik's Uncanny Dodge ability- Retain Dex bonus to AC when flat-footed. I get the feeling he may need it :)


HP 23/37, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Sense Motive:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Agreed," Bruendor says, nodding to Anklebiter. "I wish Saul weren't so good a gambler. I can't get a good read on him. He'll probably wait until we're in before trying to kill us, at least. Just be ready for his betrayal." Bruendor twirls his sap by its hilt, ready to brandish it against his former puppeteer, and whoever he's hired to finish them off.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 29/29, AC 18/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 4

"Like lambs to the slaughter, we are..." Calla mutters, mostly to herself.

Keeping her bow in hand, she follows Lefrik toward the gambling hall.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Lambs have horns and teeth today, Calla," Anklebiter says, and pats her on the knee. The Goblin scampers closer to Bruendor and stays in his shadow.

The better to cast Magic Weapon on his axe as soon as things go pear-shapes, my dear...


half-elf Oracle 4 | HP 35/35 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

"My friends, take Desna's blessing as we go, and may she smile upon us this night." Kel will cast Blessing as the party makes their way into the Golden Goblin.


The last of the boards from inside was pulled away, and the door was pushed open by one of the bouncers, a man by the name of Karsk. The man grunted "Hurry!" and scanned the streets behind you. As soon as you are inside, he shuts the door and throws the locking bar.

Saul is standing near the doors leading to the counting room and the night vault, with Hans and Beyar by his side. The other bouncers of the Goblin appear to be standing near the shuttered windows or guarding the hallways. There are also unfamiliar people with dark clothes and shortbows prowling about. Everyone seems intent on preventing incursion from the outside...

...until the locking bar closes. That appeared to be the signal, for a half dozen arrows flew towards you from every bow in sight, and a few from up above. Saul must have placed arches on the catwalks!

Miraculously, the arrows fly wide, either from the hasty shots or from the gauzy covering below the catwalks. Lefrik is the only one seriously injured, taking a glancing blow off his left collarbone.

mechanics:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d6 ⇒ 5

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
1d6 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d6 ⇒ 1

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d6 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d6 ⇒ 5

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d6 ⇒ 5

Round 1:

Lefrik took 5 damage in the surprise round.

group
enemies

Here is the map.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Arma Arcana!" Anklebiter chants as he hops forward, and touches one clawed hand to Lefrik's axe. The Barbarian can feel a sudden tremor of power run through his weapon and into his arm.

"The one-armed bandit sent us to be killed by wererats!" the Goblin shrieks at the top of his voice. "Did the same to Larur! He'll do it to all of you if you help him, too! Think! Who shed their blood for this place, and who stood at the back?"

Anklebiter moves to S16 and casts Magic Weapon for Lefrik, then tries some Diplomacy... 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16.


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

Lefrik hisses as an arrow sinks into him"Saul, you bloody traitor! We know about your deal with the wererats to have us killed! And we're not the first employees you've had slain for your own greed are we? "

To his allies he says, "Do we have some magics that can blind or obscure those archers above? Otherwise we're like spineboars in a ravine."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Just set the gauze on fire," Anklebiter says with a big Goblin grin. "They can't shoot if they're choking on smoke."

I know, it's a horribly bad idea, but it's such a Goblin thought that I had to voice it. Sorry. ^^;


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

"I like it," Lefrik answers honestly. And while he can feel the power now going through his axe, he switches to his Javelin, still seeing the archers as a greater threat and throws it at the nearest archer!

No Magic Weapon bonus, but bless is up so...

To hit with Javelin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage if that hits 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 29/29, AC 18/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 4

Did Kwava enter?

Status:

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +7
CMD 14
HP 15/15
Divine retribution (DC 13) 0/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: bless

"You're a dead man, Vancercaskin!" Calla calls out, pulling her shield from her back. She points toward the nearest archer s20 -- adding "Any anyone else who continues to help this murderer will suffer his fate." -- and snarls as tiles suddenly fall from the ceiling and slam into him.

Standard action: Pull shield
Swift action: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

I also like the idea of letting the place burn to the ground. That'll teach Riddleport what happens when they mess with us.


half-elf Oracle 4 | HP 35/35 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 1, AC 22, HP 17

"Saul's treasure is yours," Kelendra yells to the bouncers and strange mercenaries, "every gold goes to your pockets, just help us end this man! That, or die!"

As a point of emphasis, Kel brings her morningstar crashing down on the scum next to her.

attack on thug at V16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


HP 23/37, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 1, AC 16

"You've heard them," Bruendor shouts. "Throw down your bows, and you can walk out of here with more of Saul's gold than you'll ever get from him. Fight us, and you'll either die by our hands or the wererats. The choice is yours." All the while, he moves towards one of the men, and swipes at him with his sap.

Mechanics:

Move: Move to S19.
Standard: Attack the guy at S20.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Don't kill him, knock him down!" Anklebiter shrills. "We'll get the full truth of his treacheries from him - one way or another!"

Maybe we shouldn't burn the joint down completely... It's a cash-cow when it's well-run, right? Also, it makes a dandy base while we're in Riddleport. ;)


The room explodes in to motion as the arrows land. Anklebiter casts his spell as Lefrik throws a javelin slightly wide of his target. Bruendor and Kelendra flail about at the nearest thugs without causing any damage, but Calla's mini-curse causes the archer nearby to curse in pain as a few ceiling tiles fall onto his head and shoulders.

Kwava draws a dagger from somewhere and brandishes it at the bouncer beside him as he reached back with one hand to lift the locking bar from the door. The bouncer cut at him with a short sword, but failed to make it past the elf's defenses. "The way is open, should we need to retreat!"

Meanwhile, Saul shouted at his defenders to keep up the fight. "See, it is as I said! They return to betray me...us! They are working for the Overlord!" He, Hans, and Beyar moved from the counting area towards the kitchens and the rear exit. Following his words, another flight of arrows rains in, and miraculously only Lefrik is hit again. Then, the bouncers and thugs close in with their shortswords flailing. Their attack is mindless, and with more intent than skill. Still, the companions are overrun and both Bruendor and Lefrik feel the burn of deep cuts from (mostly) sharp steel.

mechanics:

l:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
k:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
c:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
a:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
b:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
kw:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

1d6 ⇒ 1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Round 2:

Lefrik takes another 1 damage from an arrow, and 5 damage from the shortsword

Bruendor takes 6 damage

Initiatives:

group
enemy

Here's the updated map...and yes, Kwava made it inside, I just forgot to include him on the initial map.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 29/29, AC 18/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 4

Status:

AC 20, touch 14, flat-footed 18
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +7
CMD 14
HP 15/15
Divine retribution (DC 13) 0/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: bless, fighting defensively

"You told us to come in and then fired arrows at us, you traitorous slive," Calla screams as she pulls her morningstar.

Moving into position opposite Bruendor's foe, she takes a tentative swing to test his defenses while focusing on keeping her own guard up.

Move action: Up to Q17 then over to Q19, avoiding any AoOs but setting up flanking
Standard action: Morningstar, with bless, flanking, fighting defensively: 1d20 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 4 + 2 = 8


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

Ok. Down to 8 hit points. Between the wererat bite, two arrows, and a lucky sword strike, Lefrik is already a bloody mess, "To hell with this!" Lefrik readies his axe and slashes at two of them.

Cleave attack, minus 2 on AC, but they're hitting him anyway. Bonuses for blessing and goblin spell up
to hit first target 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
If hits, dmg is: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
to hit second target: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Dmg if that hits is: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"I am Lefrik Olegson, and these are my allies. We have left a trail of corpses in defense of this place and its people. We have slain dark warriors, twisted spawn of a mad moon, and more! You will not take gold honorably offered? Then FLEE BEFORE WE KILL EVERY MOTHER'S SON OF YOU!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Lefrik!" Anklebiter screeches. His clawed hand digs into his robe, and he brings out a bottle of clear, blue liquid. "Drink when you can! Bruendor, do you need a potion or what?!"

While the battle rages, Anklebiter's familiar is also rooting around inside his master's pockets. The monkey comes out with a bottle of amber-coloured liquid, and sizes up the floor that separates the adventurers from Saul Vancaskerkin...

Is there a way for Minkey the monkey to get up to the roofbeams without getting skewered by arrows?


half-elf Oracle 4 | HP 35/35 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 2, AC 22, HP 17

"We have proof that Saul betrayed us," Kelendra yells to the bouncers and strange mercenaries, "Join us and receive both the proof and the gold in his coffers! The greedy man is lying and will kill you all, join us, join us now before it is too late!"

Kel keeps up the attack, slugging away at the nearest mercenary.

Morningstar to thug: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Pretty much all fields of fire are covered. Whether the monkey would be seen as enough of a threat to fire upon is another thing altogether.


HP 23/37, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 2

"I'm fine for now, Anklebiter, just keep helping Lefrik!" Bruendor swipes at the thug again, but his foe parries the dwarf's blow.

Mechanics:

Standard: Attack the thug, using Combat Expertise to increase my AC by 1 (now 17). Calla says she's giving me flank, so that's another +2.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7 nonlethal
Move: Stay put.
Free: Kick the dicebot.


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

Looks like Lefrik will be drinking next round instead of intimidating after all. when/if he can


Lefrik's enraged blow took his first opponent in the neck. Slicing clean through a space in the vertebrae, the heavy blade carried on and buried itself in the chest of the man beside him. The two bodies fell in a spray of blood, followed closely by Kwava's foe, the elf's dagger buried to the hilt in his chest.

Calla's maneuvering through off the aim of the archer she threatened, but didn't distract Bruendor's opponent enough, as both the dwarf's and Kelendra's blows went wide.

The arrows rained in again, and this time it was Kelendra that took an arrow in the arm. The bouncers flailed about with their swords again, cutting into Bruendor once more. Meanwhile, Saul and his guards continued to push their way through the tables towards the kitchens and the way out.

mechanics:

5d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 6, 3) = 22
l: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
k: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
c: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
a: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
b: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
kw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

1d6 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Round 3:

Kelendra takes 4 damage from an arrow
Bruendor takes 4 damage

Initiatives:

group
enemy

Here's the updated map.


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

Lefrik drinks the potion hastily "Bless you, Anklebiter."

What strength of potion am I rolling for?


Male Goblin Wizard 4 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +4; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Armour, +1 Deflection); hp 24/28; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

One potion of Cure minor wounds; I only have one left, so be careful!

"Welcome, friend Lefrik! Stilla Acida!" Anklebiter chants, and hurls a glob of acid at one of the men fighting Bruendor and Calla.

"We need to wrap this up!" the Goblin yells. "The one-armed bandit is escaping!"

While the battle rages, Minkey the monkey makes a dash for one of the walls, the bottle clutched in his tail. Provided no one takes a shot at him, he scuttles up the wall and towards the roofbeams.

Anklebiter casts Acid Splash on the bouncer at R19. Ranged touch attack roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13. Damage if successful: 1d3 ⇒ 1.

Minkey the monkey heads for U19 and heads up the wall. Climb check if required: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28.


Male(HP:40/47; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +7) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 4

Cure MINOR? That's one hit point, right? Ah well. Beggars can't be choosers.

The potion seals the worst of the bleeding, but that's about all.

851 to 900 of 2,942 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.