Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Bigrin's Second Darkness

Game Master bigrin42

A foul omen looms in the sky over the scoundrel city of Riddleport, an ominous shadow that defies the light. Is it a curse laid millennia ago by forgotten mages? Does it forewarn against the return of some terrible foe? Or does it portend a terrible


651 to 700 of 3,468 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Bruendor withdraws his blade from the thug that stepped in his way, shoving the man's body to the ground. "Step off, Noole," the dwarf says as he advances. "You kill Saul, and you're not leaving this room alive. Turn your blade towards us, or fall upon it yourself and save us the trouble!" He drops his rapier, pulls his crossbow and fires at the gnome, taking careful aim to avoid injuring his employer further.

Mechanics:

Free actions: Drop my rapier, 5' adjust to T16.
Move action: Draw my crossbow.
Attack: Fire at Dornan Noole, -4 to hit due to melee.
Crossbow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

DM:

Whoops, sorry about that. That's what I get for not paying enough attention. Double move is fine.

Round 13-14
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 9/9
Divine retribution (DC 13) 1/6; Judgments 1/1

Calla fires another arrow at the gnome, hoping for more success. She grins as her aim proves true, the shaft protruding from her injured opponents shoulder.

"Who says he'll get to leave at all," she asks coldly.

Mechanics:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

I assume I'm in point blank range, but if not, I'll move 5-10 feet closer.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Gnoooome!" Anklebiter shrieks as he charges forward. "Gnoooome! Here! I! Come!"

Cackling, Anklebiter lets fly another blob of acid, and bears all his teeth in an archetypical Goblin grin.

Anklebiter moves to S14 and casts Acid Splash at Noole. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6. Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 2. Tisk. I doubt that hit what it was meant to. :-\


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 13, HP 10/10, AC 22

Kelendra moves forward and shouts at Saul. "Get your bleeding carcass over here and be glad that I heal you after the misery you've brought to us!"

Kel double moves to U7, morningstar still out and ready to smack the gnome if needed


mechanics:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"What, girl? You think I paid them to attack my dream? Or maybe I like having my insides on the outsides? Get over here and protect me! Do your jobs and help!" Saul managed to beat off another of Noole's attacks as the gnome staggered forward with Calla's arrow in his shoulder. Nevertheless, he did step towards Kelendra as far as he was able, while still avoiding the worst of Noole's attacks.

Lefrik hurtled tables, banged his shins on chairs, and cursed the furniture with a blistering invective. his cursing increased as Anklebiters glob of acid splattered on his left arm, leaving smoking pock marks in the skin, but not doing any real damage. Brundor's crossbow bolt buried itself in the wall behind Noole doing no damage to anything but the paint.

Rounds 14-15:

kelendra 10
bruendor 8
lefrik 7
anklebiter 22
calla 21
thugs 16

Here is the map


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Round 14-15
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 8/9
Divine retribution (DC 13) 1/6; Judgments 1/1
Etc.: Point Blank Shot, arrows used: 2

Calla snarls at Saul's words, loosing another arrow toward the melee.

Dice rolls:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 14, HP 10/10, AC 22

"Get back then Saul, no use in healing you just so you can get skewered again." Kel moves forward and swings the morningstar at Noole.

Move to X8; Morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

For the DM:
Psst! Anklebiter had moved to S14! ;)

"Much regret, giant friend Lefrik Olegson!" Anklebiter screams as he moves into a more advantageous firing position. "Stilla Acida!"

Anklebiter moves to S9 and casts Acid Splash again. Range touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7. Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 1.


Anklebiter:
Psst! How did you move 40 feet and then cast? ;-)[sorry, I completely missed your movement location ]

You can, however, get to S9 with 2 30 foot moves, so that's where you'll be at the end of this round.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik, having the gnome is great axe reach at last, swings the great weapon at the little man It's like trying to hit a gnat with a stick, but I can do it!

To hit": 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
dmg if that hits": 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Bruendor snarls in frustration as the bolt misses its mark, dropping the crossbow and bolting towards the fray, pulling his sap about halfway there. "Make some room for the rest of us, Lefrik!"

Mechanics:

Drop the crossbow, pull my sap, move to W13.


mechanics:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Noole launched another flurry of ringing blows at Saul, who skipped backwards to avoid them. The gnome tried to follow up, but a barrage of acid and arrow, morningstar and axe kept him pinned in place. The gnome looked about, anger on his face that his quarry had gotten away, and not a small trace of concern as he saw the dwarf cutting off his escape lane through the front windows.

Round 15-16:

kelendra 10
bruendor 8
lefrik 7
anklebiter 22
calla 21
thugs 16

Here is the map


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Noole, is it? I don't suppose you care to explain just why ALL this trouble to kill one man?" Lefrik asks as he swings again, "I've heard of city rulers that have fewer assassination attempts on them, and everyone hates politicians. Everyone."

Edit. Wow. Two die rolls and I got them both formatted wrong with a d2 for to hit, and a d20 dmg. Let me try that again.

To hit": 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Dmg if that hits": 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Surrender, Gnome!" Anklebiter shrills as he crabwalks closer and launches another spell. "Surrender and live! The assassins did, Jasker Gant did not - and he is dead! Surrender to the humans; they won't eat you if you do!"

Anklebiter moves to U7 and casts another Acid Splash. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9. Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 1.


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Brendor bounds towards Noole, his face set with grim purpose. Lefrik had either ignored or didn't hear his shout - something to work on after the threat was dealt with. He picks up speed as he passes by Lefrik and Kelendra, leaping into the air near Noole. He lands with a foot on the seat and another on the back, riding the chair down to get into a better position to strike at the gnome. However, the chair hits a nearby table, and Bruendor's recovery opens himself to attack.

Mechanics:

Double move to Y7, Acrobatics to avoid the AoO between X7 and Y7.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Encouraged by the presence of her companions, Kel keeps swinging away with her morningstar, hoping to land a lucky shot on Noole.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Dornan Noole looked about ready to respond...at least right up until the massive blade of Lefrik's axe blasted through his guard and cleaved into his neck. The gnome got a massive look of surprise on his face as his head tilted crazily at an angle. Blood washed over Lefrik and Kelendra as the small form fell.

Saul looked shocked for a moment, then burst into applause. "That's the team, I've come to know so well! Good job, all!. Well done, I say, well done."

He looked at the small form and mused to himself, "Zincher must be really pissed at me for something, to have sent Noole and the rest. And, of course, his pal Croat was in on it, what with all the half-orcs about."

Louder, he commented, "Oh, they'll think twice before pulling a stunt like this again. That's a good portion of their forces, lying there on the ground. But, we'll make them pay. yes we will. Not now, though. Now, we repair the damage and open like business as usual tomorrow. Let the word get out. You don't mess with the Goblin!" Saul was practically giddy with excitement at this point.

Spoiler:

Wow, I don't think I've ever had a combat go 16 rounds before. That's over a minute and a half in-game. Far longer than most, for sure. 960 XP to everyone!

For loot, you find...

Noole
- +1 rapier
- ruby earring
- 185g

Gant
- amulet of natural armor +1
- silver and platinum necklace

Random Toughs, Thieves, and Thugs
- assortment of low-end weapons
- assortment of light armors and shields
- 55g
- 2 gems
- 2 potions


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Blast..." Lefrik winces, and looks at the others, and mutters "Yes, I know. We'll not be able to talk to people if I keep killing them. I was really hoping we'd be able to heal him up." He glances at the head angle, "But I think we're past that." He gives an 'oops' gesture, before eyeing Saul, "Thank you for the praise, Saul, but THIS... this assault, seems extreme. By the gods, man, who's daughter did you place a child in? I've seen blood feuds with less commitment."


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter approaches Bruendor and tugs on his sleeve.

"Just making sure," the Goblin whispers to the Dwarf, "I may have gotten it wrong, so you tell me: did Saul just imply he wants us to go to the homes of these dead folk's bosses and do to them what they tried to do to us?"

Regardless the answer, Anklebiter then scuttles over to Lefrik.

"Sorry my spell almost hurt you, giant friend Lefrik Olegson," the Goblin says, his ears drooping. "That was not my intention."


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Bah, my fault for getting in the way," Lefrik chuckles, "At first I thought Bruendor was making a size joke. I hadn't realized I was blocking others."


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

"I hope not," Bruendor responds quietly. "I've no problem defending my property with lethal force, but I really don't like the idea of becoming Saul's enforcers. There's an angle I hadn't expected...what if he's trying to get back in the game?" Bruendor frowned at the thought.

"It all worked out in the end, Lefrik," he continued, louder now for all to hear. "We should probably work on some basic tactics, seeing how there's bound to be more fighting down the line. Something work on for the future."


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"And some of us nearly died, if you hadn't noticed. What's going on? We can't keep facing attacks like this without preparation."


"I don't know what's going on, is the point! But, word of this is bound to be spreading, and others'll think long and hard before they try a similar attack. It may be just the Croat and Zincher have it in for us. Maybe the Overlord himself, though gods know why he would be involved. All I know, is I wouldn't be standing here if not for you. Thank you all!"


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

"hhrrumphh!" Kel has no patience for Saul, but declines to tell the man what she really thinks of him. "My healing was used on those that deserved it, you'll need to wait your turn till tomorrow Saul, though I'm sure you have a few potions you can use." Flouncing away, Kel moves to check her companions for their wounds, tending what she can with her healing skill, though not able to cast anything helpful until the morning.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik watches Kelendra's ire with a mix of admiration and masculine appreciation, then chuckles and looks to Saul, "Saul, rest and regain your strength, but be careful in the next few days. Whoever is behind this has tried brute force and failed. They may try poisons or other means we cannot protect you from."


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter scuttles up to Kelendra and pulls on her sleeve.

If Kelendra bends over to listen, the Goblin whispers: "Said a dangerous thing to the one-armed bandit tonight, you did, healer-girl. Maybe safer if you don't sleep in your own room tonight and some nights to come? Double up with the priestess, or stay with Bruendor or Anklebiter, maybe. No hanky-panky! Want to see you stay safe."


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Regardless what is discussed next, Anklebiter scuttles over to where Noole died and starts to make the body more presentable -- in so far as that is possible when someone's head is nearly lopped off.

"Send it back to Zilcher," he chatters in explanation if anyone gives him an odd look or questions his actions. "None of his pretty things, but all of him. His boss can have him buried or returned to his family or whatever. Maybe do the same with Jasker Gant? Good burial for the dead and their family spirits, good warning for the bosses. Yes?"

Anklebiter also uses this chance to collect blood samples from Noole and Saul both, for his alchemical research, if the DM will allow this.


Saul is blissfully unaware of Anklebiter using a pair of vials to scoop up samples of his and Noole's blood - and probably a good thing for the goblin, too. Still, he does respond to the goblin's words. "That's a great idea. Especially if we make it clear the bodies were handled with respect and care. They'd look foolish if they tried to retaliate, and the insult alone might make them try. The Overlord would have to condemn them for that. Good idea, Anklebiter. Here!" The man pulled a gold coin from his pocket and tossed it to Anklebiter.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Yes," Anklebiter says, glancing at the coin with puzzlement. "Thank you?"

The Goblin picks up the coin, turns it this way and that -- and puts it on Noole's left eye, weighting down the eyelid. He places a silver of his own on the Gnome's right eye.

Anklebiter lowers his head and closes his red eyes, then chants a brief prayer: "Keeper-Queen of the Boneyard come for you, deadman. Light of this world gone dark for you, deadman. Keeper-Queen of the Boneyard taking you to Judgment. Light of the other worlds beckon for you, deadman, so do not dwell in the dark of this world. Deadman, may the Judgment be more mercy than fair. This not your world no more, deadman. May you go home to your proper place. Go now. We follow after, our own time."

With the brief ceremony done, Anklebiter lightly picks up the coins, and then scuttles off and starts to tidy up the other bodies. He weights down each corpse's eyelids in turn, taking the coins with him as he goes from body to body, prayer to prayer. "Many deadmen today," he says while he works. "They don't need coin, but many ghosts, 'less we do the things to be done."


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

"Yes, Anklebiter, I think that may be a good plan." Kel concedes that the goblin has good point regarding the sleeping arrangements, for the next few days at least.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Great. You better not snore, girl. And don't think you'll be sharing the bed with me."

All the same, that night when Calla adjourns for bed, she makes sure to keep her shield and morningstar by the bed, as well as the dagger she habitually keeps under her pillow, as a legacy of her troubled childhood.


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Bruendor stifles a yawn as things finally wind down and the adrenaline stops pumping through his system. "Yes, let's head to bed. We'll clean up the mess tomorrow morning. Hand me those baubles, I'll take a look at them and find out what sort of coin we can get for them."

He keeps his weapons and armor close at hand as well - too many fights in recent days to do otherwise.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

The next morning, Anklebiter scuttles up to Kelendra after breakfast and tugs on her sleeve. "We go shopping, you and I," he suggests. "Important thing I need to get. You smile pretty at shopkeeper, get an ugly little Goblin a discount?" He winks, making clear that he is joking.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Kel laughs at Anklebiter's words and agrees to join him on the shopping trip. Before they leave, she asks if anyone else wants to join the excursion.

"Um, guys, does anyone want to go shopping with Anklebiter and myself? It might be good for us to stick together after the recent events, there could be a few upset people wanting to spill our blood."


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik stretches in the morning, feeling a bit troubled. This city is mad. I have killed more men here than I ever did up north. Where is the glory in what I'm doing here?

Quote:
"Um, guys, does anyone want to go shopping with Anklebiter and myself? It might be good for us to stick together after the recent events, there could be a few upset people wanting to spill our blood."

Lefrik snaps out of it, "I'll go with you. I need to stretch my legs, clear my head."


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Clear head good, but not do it with booze or a knife," Anklebiter says, grinning as only a Goblin can. "Not smokey-herbs, neither. Head plenty clear, but not much thinking going on in there, then."


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Heh, no. I won't be doing that, friend Anklebiter. I'm too worried if I got drunk we'd get attacked again."


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Oh, fantastic, an outing," Calla says sarcastically. "Shame I left my best hat somewhere else. I'll stay here and make sure Saul doesn't manage to get himself attacked. ... Again."


at the beach with my family. only internet 1 bar on phone. feel free to RP


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Try not to die if that does happen, Calla. We'd miss your sunny disposition," the barbarian says drily


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"I think I can handle myself, Muscles," she retorts back. "Try not to let the goblin set the city on fire. Though that could be an improvement, come to think of it."


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Huh, on that last we might agree." Lefrik is clearly less enamored of the city than he used to be.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Bad idea," Anklebiter says with a big Goblin grin. "Too many humans. Too many pitchforks. And if the whole city burns - too many torches to hand, too."


Anklebiter does indeed manage to find a decent alchemist's lab for a decent price, though it took Kelendra's charm and Lefrik's muscles to convince the shopkeeper to sell to the goblin. As you wander the marketplace and merchant shops, you notice a lot of people looking at you from behind stalls and whispering behind hands. It seems that your reputation did manage to increase from last night's raid. News in Riddleport seemed to move from house to house faster than wildfire.

Some folks even come up to asking if the rumors are true - and what rumors they are, too. The raiders were disguised gendarmes; they were wizard-summoned to free the imp in Saul's care; they were goblins trying to free the strangely tattooed greenskin that works for Saul; they were dock workers upset that Saul had cheated them in some deal.

Perhaps the wildest rumor of them all was that the raiders were agents acting under the direct commands of Overlord Cromarky. This rumor was so persistent that the Overlord himself made public announcement around noon, denouncing the raid and to assure the citizens of Riddleport that he has not lent his army to matters best governed by the city lords.

The failed raid appears to have only increased the Gold Goblin's visibility and prestige in Riddleport. For days afterwards, the Goblin is filled to capacity, with money flowing into the Goblin's coffers and ale flowing into its customers.

On the second day after the raid, Saul called a meeting for all the staff of the Goblin. Vancaskerkin begins the meeting by saying that he has confirmed through his contacts on the street that, while Overlord Cromarcky did indeed make sure the gendarmes were not involved in the raid, he also adjusted their patrols the previous night so that the raiders would have a better chance. "This is a sort of good news/bad news situation — it basically means that Overlord Cromarcky isn’t interested in protecting or antagonizing the Goblin, but it also means that we can expect no aid from him. "

"My greatest fear, right now, is that in the light of the failed raid and the embarrassment caused to our enemies by that failure, those same enemies now have little to lose. If they don’t wipe out the Goblin soon, their own prestige in Riddleport will be permanently damaged. Of course, with the number of thugs the you put down the other night, it’ll fortunately be at least several days before Zincher and Croat can gather up a new army."

"I do have one bit of good news, though — my contacts inform me that Zincher and Croat are planning a meeting to work out the final details of an even larger assault on the Gold Goblin, with at least one other boss — and the meeting is to be held tonight at an old meeting point in the Boneyard known as the Spar. I used to use the Spar as a drop point in my early days and can provide detailed directions to it."

"I know I've asked a lot of you in these past weeks, but for the sake of our partnership and very future in Riddleport, please go to this meeting and scout it out. My man on the inside is relatively certain that the meeting itself will consist of only a few capps and thugs, since the crimebosses themselves are worried about possible retaliation and are currently remaining ensconced in their hideouts. The meeting should be relatively small — you can sneak up on it, listen, and if it seems doable, take out a few more enemies in the process."


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

"Ok, Saul, you've asked us to risk our lives on your behalf many times now, most of us have nearly been killed," Kel steps between Calla and Lefrik, placing a hand on each of them, "and you, Saul, have been making money hand over fist for days now. How about springing the coffers a little and buying us some gear to make this 'meeting' a little more in our favor. One fireball bead in the hands of Anklebiter could send a great message to your foes and take out a few enemies as requested. Think of the implications, mess with the Golden Goblin and a goblin will burn you alive!" Kel's eyes twinkle with a fire of their own as she tries to influence Saul.

if needed, Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik listens and admits, "Kelendra has a point. We've had more than one 'easy job' that turned out to be a true test of survival. I do not mind a challenge, but to assume 'ease' strikes me as foolish."


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Beauty and the Beast have a point, Saul," Calla adds in.

Diplomacy, aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Diplomatic as ever...


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"If you know who's talking," Anklebiter says, "why not cut a deal before they talk to each other? If you fight and fight and fight, you get worn down sooner or later - or you get seen as a new crimeboss."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8.


Saul grimaced at Kelendra's words and clutched at his heart. "Hand over fist seems a bit dramatic. Barely enough to make the repairs and pay the staff for the extra cleanup hours. And then there's paying off the gendarmes, the protection money, your portion...not that I begrudge you that. The Goblin wouldn't even be here without your assistance. But a fireball bead? Do you have any idea what that would cost? No, no I don't think we can swing that. Maybe something smaller? some weapons, maybe? Or a burning hands scroll? I mean, we only cleared about 20g last night, and that was with the Durbin party knocking back almost all of our Pilsner."


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 17 (touch 17, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size, +4 Shield); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"That's a nice spell!" Anklebiter says, grinning with true Goblin enthusiasm for all things that cause fire and screaming. "Maybe if I get a little better with my magic, I make a fiery weapon?"

651 to 700 of 3,468 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.