Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Bigrin's Second Darkness

Game Master bigrin42

A foul omen looms in the sky over the scoundrel city of Riddleport, an ominous shadow that defies the light. Is it a curse laid millennia ago by forgotten mages? Does it forewarn against the return of some terrible foe? Or does it portend a terrible


601 to 650 of 3,595 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik eyes the orc featured fellow, "Hello there. Welcome to the goblin. The kitchen is for staff only." and he hacks away
to hit": 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
dmg if that hits": 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 5

Bruendor gasps for breath as he takes a hard blow to the chest, falling back a few steps. He wheezes and coughs to catch his breath, staining his chin crimson. He makes a few thrusts at the guard, but it's mostly for show - he focuses on warding off blows rather than connecting.

Mechanics:

Attack (fighting defensively): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Critical Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Hot damn!

AC is currently 18 due to fighting defensively and Anklebiter's AC buff.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Round 6-7
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13/16
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 4/9
Divine retribution (DC 13) 1/6; Judgments 1/1

Calla moves toward the fight, wincing a bit from her wounds. "Calistria's judgment on you murderous bastards," she mutters, gesturing toward the man fighting Lefrik and smiling as the door suddenly slams into him.

Mechanics:

Move action: Move 30' toward the door
Standard action: Divine Retribution (Sp): Reflex DC 13 for half damage
1d6 ⇒ 2


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

if not too late for a redo on the round 5 action, then Kelendra will use a full run move towards Bruendor, M8, to cast a Cure Light Wounds on him in round 6

Round 6, CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Bruendor, staggering back from the wound he had just taken, lashed out at his attacker. The blow caught the man in the throat, sending blood spurting across the kitchen as the man flailed and fell to the floor. The cool wash of healing energies flowed over him as Kelendra reached his side and called her healing power into action.

Anklebiter's blob of acid flew at the barbarian's opponent, striking him in the chest and burning horrifically. The man screamed in terror and pain, flailing at the burning spot on his chest as if he were on fire. In his flailing, he spun right past Lefrik's blow, the axe thudding heavily into the oak door, just in time for the door to spring back open. It caught the screaming man full on in the face, breaking his nose, and driving shards of cartilage deep into the man's brain, killing him at once.

A shout of "He's not up here!" rand out from upstairs, followed by the pounding of footsteps coming down the stairs. A half-orc came rushing out of the stairwell, and Bruendor recognized him immediately from his inquiries about town. It was Jasker Gant, one of Boss Croat's most deadly enforcers. They say he kills men with his bare fists, stunning them with heavy blows and then pummeling them into bloody pulp.

Round 7-8:

kelendra 10
bruendor 8
lefrik 7

anklebiter 22
calla 21
thugs 16

Here's the map.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"A man a word, a word a man,
I'll write your name in the book of death if you don't surrender
Because I can,"
Anklebiter intones.
"Stilla Acida!"

Anklebiter casts another Acid Splash, lobbing it at Jasker Gant. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15. Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 2.


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 6

"Well, well, Jasker Gant," Bruendor muttered, spitting the last of the blood in his mouth to the floor. "We must be doing something right if Croat sent you. Wonder what he'll do when you don't come back...?" Kelendra's healing touch had given him his second wind, and he'd be damned before he let one of Croat's legbreakers get away. He moved next to the enforcer, his rapier gleaming in the light as he slashed at the man's midsection.

Mechanics:

Move to G8.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

I'm on fire!
Crit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"The Jaskar Gant? It would appear no effort is being spared," Lefrik moves after the goblin casts, and closes with the notorious pugilist.

Move to H8 so our goblin will have more spell access, then go hacky hacky

to hit": 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
dmg if that hits": 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 7, HP 10/10, AC 22

Kelendra activates her Coat of Many Stars and moves to a support position in the fight against Jasker Gant

activate Coat of Stars, move to H7

Bless is still active for another 3 rounds, or would it have expired between the fights?


Still up, there was only a 1 round gap between waves.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Round 7-8
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13/16
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 4/9
Divine retribution (DC 13) 1/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: bless

Calla continues to make her way toward the fight, her bow drawn and ready to fire should she see something.

What's the gray feature between L7 and J9? Is that something we can just go over? I don't see any doors... Trying to figure that out to determine exactly where I'm going. At any rate, I was figuring I could get to about K9 with a move action, holding to fire an arrow with my standard action.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d8 ⇒ 2


Yay! Everything moved in and internet connected. I feel like an addict just finished with the DTs and now getting hooked all over again!

@Calla - it's a wall. Bruendor and Lefrik are standing in the doorways to the kitchen.

Bruendor's blow took the half-orc by surprise, piercing low on the torso. Gask reeled backwards, avoiding Lefrik's blow, but not the ball of acid. The half-orc lashed out at the dwarf with a bare fist, but missed as Bruendor ducked aside.

Round 8-9:

kelendra 10
bruendor 8
lefrik 7
anklebiter 22
calla 21
thugs 16

Can't find my thumbdrive with the maps. Gant hasn't moved, and PCs are where they said they were moving last turn.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 8, HP 10/10, AC 22

Kel moves around the far side of Gant and strikes at him with her morningstar, expecting to miss, but more interested in providing flanking for Lefrik.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

move to F9 and strike at Gant, eerrr, fumble towards Gant


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Actually, Lefrik and I are both next to Gant now - the doorways to the kitchen are open.

Bruendor withdraws his blade from Gant's side, ducking to the right and forcing the brawler to choose between facing him or facing Kelendra. His blade snaked out again, seeking the thug's lifeblood.

Mechanics:

5' adjust to H9, which will give me flank with Kel. Thanks, Kel!
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik doesn't chatter, focusing on his foe and bringing his great axe to action with another stroke. He's nimble, but one stroke might be enough to end him... if the stroke is strong enough.

to hit": 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
dmg if that hits": 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Gant fell in a spray of blood, blood as red as any full blood human's. The monk collapsed against the wall, breathing heavily. His lips moved, but no sound came forth. Blood spilled from his mouth and the body juddered before going still.

Silence reigned in the Goblin for a few moments before Saul called out from the counting room. "Is it safe to come out yet? How much damage did they do? We're not going to be closed tomorrow for repairs are we?"


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Her frustrations boiling over, Kelendra yells back at their cowardly patron.

"Get out here, Saul, and tell us the damn truth! Men are dead, your employees are getting killed, due to your shady dealings, and you won't tell us, the very people that protect you, what the hell is going on around here! Enough is enough, tell us what we're up against!"

Kelendra literally twitches with anger, fuming over the continued bloodshed for a man that seems aloof to the misery around him.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik is surprised, he's never seen Kelendra so angry. She has the right of it, I just didn't expect her to be the one to call him on it.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Calla gives Kelendra an appraising look, a faint smile crossing her lips. Perhaps Calistria has touched that one, after all. I might have to keep an eye on her.

"If you have a moment, Moonshine," she says aloud, approaching the oracle, "I could use some healing."


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Yes, yes, sorry, anyone else need healing? I've one more after this." Kelendra moves over to Calla and casts Cure Light Wounds.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Still muttering her frustration at Saul, Kel vents to Calla as she heals her. "Ever since my blood got spilled across the floor of that dingy flat I've felt this anger growing. It's not like me Calla, or maybe its more the real me than I've ever known?" The distraught oracle frowns at her own misgivings.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Thanks," Calla mutters at the healing.

"Let me guess, you were raised by your human parent? You should learn more about Calistria. Her teachings say you shouldn't seek to hide your emotions, especially anger. The Sacred Sting cherishes that, and wants you to give free reign to that. When people cross us, it's our duty to get revenge. Considering your elven heritage, I wouldn't be surprised if she's the source of your powers."


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Bruendor relaxes for a moment as Gant falls, rubbing his chest where the thug had injured him moments before. The pain was gone due to Kelendra's magics, but the memory was still fresh. He wipes the blood off his blade, watching Gant all the while, just to make sure this wasn't some sort of ruse the man was playing.

He's as startled as anyone by Kelendra's outburst. Well, now that this question's out in the air, let's see where we can go with it. I knew this day would come, I just figured I'd be playing the good constable against Calla's bad. No matter.

He walks up to the door where he left Saul, passing by Kelendra on the way. "You know, the girl's got a point, boss. A lot of people have ended up dead over the last few weeks because of us. I'd sleep better at night if I knew it were for the right reasons."


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"Indeed. Our honor as well as our lives are at stake here," Lefrik adds his voice.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter scuttles over to Kelendra and tugs on the hem of her shirt, asking for attention.

"If you're angry, punch the wall," he sings to the Oracle,
"'Cause if you punch your friends, you're in for a fall."

Next, he gives Calla a beady-eyed look. "If you think humans do not know about revenge, you must've never angered one without killing them at the same time, lady priestess," he squeaks.

Having given his cryptic piece of advice and his observation, the Goblin hops over to the dead Gant, makes sure he really is deceased, and begins the process of searching the body - not just for loot, but for anything else that might be pertinent. Once he is finished with Gant's body, Anklebiter frisks the other man who died in the kitchen, and then rejoins the others.

Any clues?


As Kelendra healed Calla, and harangued Saul, the tinkle of broken glass can be heard from the hallway leading to the private downstairs rooms. Anklebiter, halfway through searching the bodies, looked up alertly. Saul, who was halfway through the counting room door, froze, an angry expression on his face fading to alarm.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

"Bloody hells," Calla mutters, "they just don't stop coming."

She pulls her bow taut again, moving toward the sound behind Lefrik. Assuming Lefrik heads that way.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik indeed heads that way, "No they don't. We still have questions that need answering, Saul...after we save you again it seems."


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter packs what he's found and hurries to join the others.

"Many enemies tonight," he notes. "Someone get bargain at mercenary market, maybe?"


Lefrik kicked down the door to the guest rooms atrium, not slowing to open it, not tonight. Down the hallway he could see four forms, one of which was just entering the hall from one of the guest rooms. They were swathed in dark clothes, carried daggers, and were surprised to see the giant barbarian. The one in the back turned and ran, leaping through the broken window at the end of the hallway and out into the night. The others crouched and prepared to attack.

Round 10-11:

kelendra 10
bruendor 8
lefrik 7
anklebiter 22
calla 21
thugs 16

Here is the map


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"All your friends are dead!" Anklebiter shrills at the assassins. "Gant is dead. Think for a moment: are you being paid enough to die?"

To underscore his words, the Goblin flicks a gob of acid at the foremost killer.

Anklebiter moves to I22, sights past Lefrik and casts Acid Splash on the nearest assassin. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12. Damage attack if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 3.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Calla moves into a position where she can get a shot and begins muttering a prayer to Calistria. "Lady, let your vengeance fly true through me."

Move to I22, cast true strike


HP 46/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Bruendor hurries after the others, falling slowly behind as the others race past him. When he notices the setup, he ducks into a corner, hoping to catch one of the thugs by surprise as they enter the large room Lefrik has stopped in.

Mechanics:

Double-move to J24.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

"By the gods, Anklebiter is right about mercenary markets. Are you bastards cheaper by the dozen or what?"

Lefrik slashes at the same fellow the goblin sprayed acid at.

To hit, bless counted": 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
if that hit": 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 10, HP 10/10, AC 22

Kel moves forward 10' (J24) and readies an action to bash in the craniums of the newest thugs.


Spoiler:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Anklebiter and Lefrik managed to kill one of the intruders with acid and axe. The sight of their companion being so easily butchered sent the other two to flight. Each of them hurled a dagger at Lefrik to slow him down, then leaped back through the broken window. By lucky chance, both daggers manage to strike Lefrik in unarmored and vulnerable places, burying themselves to the hilts and nearly driving the barbarian to his knees.

Lefrik takes a total of 12 damage. ouch!

From the main hall came a shriek of pain and the ringing of metal on metal. Looking back through the atrium doors, you can see movement on the far side of the Goblin. Saul, rapier in his good hand, is defending himself against a flashy-looking gnome, similarly armed. On the ground in front of him is another of the thugs, quite dead, with a large bloodstain spreading beneath his body.

Bruendor only:
You recognize the gnome from your reconnaissance of the local crime bosses. It is Dornan Noole, one of Clegg Zincher's high level lieutenants. His presence, as well as that of Gant suggests a joint attack on the Goblin with at least two crime bosses participating.

Round 11-12:

kelendra 10
bruendor 8
lefrik 7
anklebiter 22
calla 21
thugs 16

Here is the map


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Round 11-12
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 8/9
Divine retribution (DC 13) 1/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: true strike

Calla clears the door -- her annoyance at the constant attacks only lessened by the fact she didn't waste a spell -- and lets loose her arrow toward the gnome.

She curses as the shot seems to get caught in the gnome's armor and lands only a minor wound.

Attack; didn't look like there were any range penalties, though it better not matter with that roll. Also have precise strike so no penalties for firing into melee: 1d20 + 20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 20 + 3 = 37
1d8 ⇒ 2


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik groans as one of the damned daggers strikes at the shoulder near his neck just past the chain and the other finds a spot in his leg. He watches the other two run, and snarls at them, "Blast it. They got away"

Dripping blood, the Ulfen has no time to grouse about the pain. He pulls himself up and heads towards the scene with the gnome and Saul. "Gorrum's Teeth... gnomes now? I begin to suspect Saul has offended every sort of creature that walks on two legs."

He hurls a javelin at the gnome rather than close in on it. Somehow outrunning the healer at this juncture seems...unwise.
No precise strike here, so -4 for firing into melee already counted in. I also added bless but if it isn't till up, make that a minus 3

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
dmg if that hits": 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Instead, he nearly hits Saul in the head as it whizzes past their employer only to land and ruin some furniture.

"My apologies, I'm not as good with Javelins as I am great axes." the big barbarian looks almost chagrined.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter lopes after Lefrik and presses a bottle with some sort of blue liquid into the Ulfen's hand. "Drink!" he shrills.

Is that all I can do this round? Withdraw potion from equipment, move up to Lefrik, hand potion of Cure Light Wounds over?


Pretty much.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 11, HP 10/10, AC 22

Kelendra moves with Lefrik, using the last of her Cure Light Wounds to heal him.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5
DM Bigrin wrote:
Pretty much.

Then that is what Anklebiter does for this round. ^^


Calla's arrow did little more than irritate the gnome, who was well and truly engaged with Saul now. The gnome seemed to be toying with him, making scathing remarks about Saul's parentage and lack of skill while easily deflecting every blow the one-handed man sent his way.

Lefrik's javelin distracted Saul though, and the gnome did not hesitate to flick his blade out, scoring a shallow cut on Saul's left cheek. "Watch your blade always, dear Saul. Closer than you watch your gold or spy on your employees in the bathing rooms!" His blade flicked out again, scoring a hit on the same cheek. A third strike, and a gruesome letter 'N' was carved into Vancaskerin's cheek.

Meanwhile, the other thugs moved towards Lefrik and the others. obviously intent on cutting them off and leaving the gnome to toy with the Gold Goblin's proprietor.

Round 12-13:

kelendra 10
bruendor 8
lefrik 7
anklebiter 22
calla 21
thugs 16

Here is the map


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Just to be sure, are those thugs now so close that Lefrik will provoke an AoO if he drinks?


No, they're like 40 feet away on the map.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik looks at the bottle in his hand, the remnants of his wounds, and shrugs, "Well, I have the feeling at this rate we'll need it sooner or later." He guzzles it down.

CLW potion": 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

He belches, drops the empty vial, and hefts his axe,"That hit the spot. Thank you, Anklebitter."


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 14 (touch 13, flatfooted 13; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"You give the enemy forty whacks for me, that thanks enough," Anklebiter says, grinning, and he winks at Lefrik.

With the pleasantries out of the way, Anklebiter chants the usual spell and sends a blob of acid at one of the two thugs coming closer.

Anklebiter moves to M19 and casts Acid Splash on the thug at R14. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12. Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 3.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20/12/18 | F +4, R +4, W +5 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 12, HP 10/10, AC 22

Kel begins a full run around the stage, avoiding the thugs completely as she tries to get to Saul.

move to O8


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Whoops. Sorry. Was trying to figure out what I wanted to do and then thought I'd posted.

Round 12-13
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 8/9
Divine retribution (DC 13) 2/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects:

Calla gestures to call down Calistria's judgment on the gnome fighting their employer. "I begin to wonder if Calistria has it in for you, Vancercaskin, but she still favors me," she mutters as she sees the gnome skip, painfully wrenching his back.

Mechanics:

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Reflex DC 13 for half

As a standard action, you can point at one creature within 30 feet to indicate that it is the target of divine wrath. A mishap or an accident appropriate to the environment occurs, such as a branch falling on the creature, rocks falling from the ceiling, or some other nonmagical misfortune; regardless of the cause, the mishap deals 1d6 points of damage + 1 point for every two inquisitor levels you possess (Reflex DC 13 half). The GM decides whether this damage is bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.


I know Bruendor's done with GenCon by now and will likely be posting later today, but I am going to go ahead and advance one more round in hopes of finishing this combat before my business trip next week. oh yeah, I am traveling to San Diego M-F next week, and then going to the beach for Labor Day. Expect posts to be minimal during that time.

Calla:
You have to be within 30' to use divine retribution. Shall I assume you just double move to get close enough to use it next turn?

mechanics:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Anklebiter's acid blob dropped one of the thugs almost simultaneously with Bruendor charging across the room and driving the point of his blade into the remaining thug's throat. Both men collapsed to the floor, leaving the five of you, plus Saul, to deal with the foppish-looking gnome.

The gnome, noticing this with a quick backwards glance, and Saul lunged with his rapier. The blade was flicked away by the gnome, who suddenly stopped playing with Saul and made a terrific lunge of his own. It pierced Saul's waistcoat and drove deeply into his ribs. Saul gasped and hunched over, pressing his mangled arm to the wound to staunch the blood flow. "Help me!" The man cried for the first time, finally realizing how outmatched he was by Noole.

Round 13-14:

kelendra 10
bruendor 8
lefrik 7
anklebiter 22
calla 21
thugs 16

Here is the map


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Acrobatics check: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (14) - 5 = 9

Pretty sure that didn't make it so... just a move
Unable to find a clear path through all the tables and chairs, Lefrik must settle for drawing his great axe once more and closing the distance, "Hang on, Saul!"

601 to 650 of 3,595 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.