Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bigrin's Second Darkness

Game Master bigrin42

A foul omen looms in the sky over the scoundrel city of Riddleport, an ominous shadow that defies the light. Is it a curse laid millennia ago by forgotten mages? Does it forewarn against the return of some terrible foe? Or does it portend a terrible


501 to 550 of 3,218 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

The tide of the battle shifts as the companions rush to help a beleaguered Lefrik. Braddakar's cronies run for their lives, one slipping in the grease and falling into the water beside the pier, helped along by Bruendor's timely shove.

The ex-guardsman was in the midst of yelling at them when a guy rope snapped from the mainsail. The line raked its way across his armor, but the big man ducked aside and avoided most of the damage. He did manage to avoid the worst of the blow, but blood trickled from a cut behind his ear. He was still glaring daggers at Calla when Anklebiter's missile struck him in the chest, burning a small hole through his precious armor.

The familiar sneer on his face was gone as he prepared to retaliate, but then Lefrik attacked. The barbarian's clumsy blow was easily turned aside by Braddakar's shield, and the man said "Getting desperate now, pup? Good. I like my foes to feel a little desperate before they die, knowing that they had no chance against Braddakar Faje!" He feinted a small thrust against Lefrik, and grinned at him.

mechanics:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Round 3:

Round 3 initiatives:
Anklebiter 20
Lefrik 16
Bruendor 15
enemies 14
Kelendra 11
Calla 9


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 13 (touch 13, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"You surrender, scum-eater," Anklebiter growls -- and then he grins a hideous Goblin grin. "Or else I eat you after we take you down. Won't matter any if you're still kicking. I like me a lively meal."

Giggling shrilly, Anklebiter repeats his casting.

Oh, for some ranks in Intimidate. ^_^; One more Acid Splash. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15. Damage if successful: 1d3 ⇒ 2.


HP 37/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 3

Bruendor continues beating the man before him with his sap. "Very well, you had your chance to surrender. You made this bed - now lie in it!"

Mechanics:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage (non-lethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Deep in his rage, Lefrik pays little mind to the jibes and pokes of his foe. His fury driven might still going strong, Lefrik's axe slashed again.

To Hit, Bless and other bonus' in": 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
If this hits then

Damage": 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Kelendra moves up to the spot right behind Lefrik and casts Cure Light Wounds on the big man.

move to (-2,-D)

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Another belayed line snapped, catching Braddakar in the neck and sending him stumbling, just out of reach of Lefrik's swinging axe. The man's face was slick with perspiration now, but no less determined for that. He took another strike of acid, but growled the pain away. His sword lashed out at Lefrik again. The blade barely made it past the barbarian's defenses, but scored a deep wound, nonetheless.

Lefrik takes 7 damage

mechanics:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d6 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

round 4:

Round 4 initiatives:
Anklebiter 20
Lefrik 16
Bruendor 15
enemies 14
Kelendra 11
Calla 9

Here is the map


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Round 3
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 9/9
Divine retribution 3/6; Judgments 0/1
Effects: Bless

Calla gestures again, spurring more bad luck for the Korvosan guard. "It's not too late to surrender. You must realize you're outnumbered," she calls.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 13 (touch 13, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Give up now, human," Anklebiter taunts Braddakar. "I have Granny's recipe for broiled Korvosan, and I have plenty of carrots and spuds to go with you."

Again, Anklebiter lobs acid at the enemy.

One more Acid Splash. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7. Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 1. Yikes. That one's a swing and a miss...


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik's body gains new life as Kelendra heals him, light plays along bloody wounds and the jagged edges of torn flesh connect again. Then Braddakar tears some new ones for him.

Still, the barbarian does not give up, and does not relent as he whips his axe around again

to hit": 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
if that hits
Damage": 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


HP 37/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 4

Bruendor strikes the man on the ground, hoping that his blows will prove effective in subduing the thief.

Mechanics:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Kelendra keeps up the healing, trying to offset the damage that Lefrik is taking.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Sorry for the delay, I was busy house hunting and negotiating contracts this weekend!

Bruendor's target is flailing in the bay, shouting about how he can't swim, and the threat of being crushed to death by the Foamrunner as she rocks back and forth in the waves is very real.

Calla's retribution did the trick, distracting Braddakar from his defensive blocks. Lefrik's axe crashed into Braddakar's chest, staving in the armor and opening a big gash in the man's chest. It is followed immediately by Anklebiter's acid splash. Braddakar looked grim as he stepped back from Lefrik and pulled a small vial from a chain around his neck and drank its contents down.

mechanics:

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Round 4:

Round 4 initiatives:
Anklebiter 20
Lefrik 16
Bruendor 15
enemies 14
Kelendra 11
Calla 9


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 13 (touch 13, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Don't just let him drown, dire Dwarf!" Anklebiter calls to Bruendor. "No need to shed too much blood on this shady wharf!"

The Goblin makes a gesture, chants his Words, and flings more acid at Braddakar. "Best save your skin,you human slime,"
"You'd best realize, you're running out of time!"

Another Acid Splash. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18. Damage if successful: 1d3 ⇒ 1.


HP 37/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Whoops! Didn't realize that guy fell in the drink. That changes things.

Round 5

"Calm down, fool! I'll cast you a line!" Bruendor calls to the man who had slipped into the water. He retrieves a silken rope from his backpack, and casts it into the water towards the man.

Mechanics:

Move: Retrieve my rope from my pack.
Free: Drop my sap.
Standard: Cast the rope towards the man and get ready to pull him to safety.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik's rage is not yet spent and arcs the blade for a hard strike at his foe once more.

to hit": 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage if that hits": 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

That's our treasure he's drinking!

Round X
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 9/9
Divine retribution (DC 13) 4/6; Judgments 0/1
Effects:

Seeing her goddess' favor still at work, Calla gestures once more, calling down the Sacred Sting's judgment and retribution on the guard.
"It's not too late to surrender," she calls. "We may still be willing to spare your life."

1d6 ⇒ 1

Bah!


"Hah!" cries Braddakar, as he dodges from Lefrik's blow. "I'll not spare yours, pretty. Just let me finish with this dog, and you'll be my next plaything. Braddakar Faje yields to no man - but many women have yielded to him." With that said, he slashed out at Lefrik again, intent on dropping the barb with a well-placed blow.

Lefrik takes 13 damage from a critical hit!! Which, I believe, means he is dying.

mechanics:

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

confirm crit
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Round 5:

Round 5 initiatives:
Anklebiter 20
Lefrik 16
Bruendor 15
enemies 14
Kelendra 11
Calla 9


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 13 (touch 13, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter screeches with fury and runs forward, the monkey on his shoulder mimicking him.

"Filth-eater!" the little Goblin howls. "Die blind! Vestum nebulae!"

As Anklebiter charges forward, he is enveloped by fog, which spreads outward. With the fog fully spread out, Anklebiter squats down as low as he can.

Anklebiter runs to C -1 and casts Obscuring Mist, hopefully blinding Bradakar and giving Kelendra a chance to heal Lefrik before the jerk coup de graces him. Here's hoping we all survive... and here's wishing that I'd invested in some attack spells today.


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

I believe Lefrik had taken 4, 5, and 7 prior to the last hit, and Kelendra had healed 9 and 7, so he should have been at full HP plus temp HP from raging, prior to the 13 from the last attack. I think that puts him at 1 hp or 3 hp if temp are still in effect.

"Lefrik, NO, I'll not let you fall if I can help it!"

Kelendra casts her last Cure Light Wounds on Lefrik.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

I think Lefrik is still up. See discussion thread for why and tell me there if I missed something

Edit. He's down. Again my apologies to DM and players


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik goes down a in a spray of blood... the noble goblin rushes to buy him time, and Kelendra heals him once more. Sputtering, the barbarian for a moment is confused, "Where did this fog come from?" Still he sees the shape of his foe, and rises to the battle once more. If he can strike at his foe while he does so, so much the better.

Rage over. AC back up, bonus to HP and DMG gone. Bless is still up? If it isn't, make roll below less by one. Assuming he can attack.. if he can't, well forget that entirely :o

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Dmg if it hits
1d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


HP 37/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 5?

As the man in the brine has grabbed at the rope, Bruendor heaves to pull him to safety.

Mechanics:

Strength check (if necessary): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


The man floundering in the water looked up at Bruendor and grimaced. Grabbing the rope, he hauled himself up as the dwarf did the same. Reaching the docks, the man fell to the wood , gasping for air and from the exertion. It was clear that he would not be getting up any time soon.

The mist from Anklebiter's spell filled the area around the gangplank, making any movement dangerous and potentially fatal. "Ah, playing hide and go find, I see. Well, you'll not get away that easily." Braddakar flailed his sword through the fog and felt it connect. Though the others cannot see it, he smiles grimly, knowing that he had beaten the rash barbarian soundly.

Lefrik takes another 8 points of damage

Movement on the gangplank requires a DC 12 Athletics check or fall into the water below.

mechanics:

1d100 ⇒ 23
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Round 6:

Round 6 initiatives:
Anklebiter 20
Lefrik 16
Bruendor 15
enemies 14
Kelendra 11
Calla 9


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Again Lefrik falls to the ground with a thud.

-6


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Round 5
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 9/9
Divine retribution (DC 13) 4/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects:

Hearing the thud that she assumes is her companion, Calla growls under her breath and pulls her morningstar, moving into the fog to try to take care of this situation herself.

If you want something done right...

"Curse you, Korvosan," she calls out. "Calistria shall have her due, all the moreso if he dies."

Standard action: Pull morningstar
Moveaction: Move toward the fight
Swift action: Use justice judgment on Braddakar (+1 to all attack rolls)


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 13 (touch 13, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter scuttles forward as quietly as he can, groping the ground in front of him until he finds Lefrik's body by touch. 'Quietly, quietly,' he thinks as he pulls a bottle out of the inner recesses of his clothes, pulls out the stopper and puts it to Lefrik's mouth. Carefully, Anklebiter starts to trickle the healing potion into the Ulfen's mouth and rubs his throat to make him swallow.

A Stealth check, in case you wish for it: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18. He pours a potion of Cure Light Wounds down Lefrik's throat.


mechanics:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Calla moved carefuly toward the fight, bumping into Anklebiter in the fog as the goblin tried to force some healing elixir down Lefrik's throat. the mist obscured everything, making movement on the gangplank extremely dangerous.

Lefrik is down, but awake with +3 hp, after 9 points of healing potion goodness.

Ignoring the barbarian's small movement, Braddakar put a foot on Lefrik and laughed loudly. "Come and get me Missy! You think a little fog is going to bother me? I did my dues on the walls of Korvosa, where we'd have fog every day. Ol' Braddakar Faje knows how to move in fog, and fight too. Watch your step!"

round 7:

Round 7 initiatives:
Anklebiter 20
Lefrik 16
Bruendor 15
enemies 14
Kelendra 11
Calla 9


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 13 (touch 13, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter slips a wand out of his clothes, inches forward to make sure of where Braddakar is -- and jabs at the Korvosan's leg.

Melee touch attack, with +2 bonus thanks to Braddakar's metal armour: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5. Damage if successful: 1d6 ⇒ 4.

The Goblin grimaces as he feels his attack miss in the fog, but stays silent. As quietly as he can, he moves around the Korvosan, putting the man between himself and where he suspects Calla to be.

Anklebiter maneuvers to give Calla flanking benefits with his move action. Another Stealth check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


I'll need a reflex save and an acrobatics check from anklebiter. The gangplank is only 5 feet wide, so to get around Braddakar, you'd have to go through his legs, basically.


HP 37/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 7

Bruendor shakes his head at the sputtering man before him. "Now make a good decision and stay there!" he grumbles, then turns his attention to the fight. He's dismayed as he sees the impenetrable fog swirling near the gangplank. "By the Father's anvil, that's the greenskin's work." He sighed and picked up his sap, moving quickly to aid Lefrik and the rest of his companions.

Mechanics:

Move action: pick up sap.
Free action: drop rope.
Standard action: move to -E-1.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 13 (touch 13, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Might I change my move action to 'stays the *bleep* put, instead? ^^; Thank you for your time. I'm sorry; I kind of misunderstood Anklebiter's place on the map...


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Kel's past rounds summary:
needed to do this for myself to keep track where Kel was in the fight
Round 1: cast Bless and draw weapon
Round 2: move and activate Coat of Many Stars
Round 3: move next to Lefrik and cast Cure Light Wounds on Lefrik
Round 4: cast Cure Light Wounds on Lefrik
Round 5: cast Cure Light Wounds on Lefrik

Round 6

Kelendra shift forward into the space where Lefrik fell and lashes out at Braddakar with her morningstar.

"A big man like yourself gonna brag so loud when he gets beat down by a few women and a goblin?" Kelendra taunts the warrior.

Morningstar attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Yes, let's get yourself gutted again, girl. Get out of the way, and let the women here handle the fights."

Let's hope karma doesn't come back and bite Calla for that comment... Er, with Anklebiter and Kelendra in the way, can I get to Lefrik to get into melee? If not, I'll have to change what I was going to do.


As soon as I can find the map again, I'll post a new version, but if you'll look at the old, the gangplank is only 5' wide. You can only go one at a time. I'll give you that someone could be standing over Lefrik since he is (was) down, but as soon as he stands up, people are going to have to shift.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik tries not to gasp as the drink brings him around again.

Holding action until the fog lifts otherwise he's got as good a chance of hitting a friend that might crawl over him than his target.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 13 (touch 13, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

"Women, Goblins," Anklebiter says in a sing-song voice, "Dwarves and men... have at him!"

With the abruptness of a knife slicing flesh, the fog disappears.


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

The Fog clears, and Lefrik gets a good look at his foe towering over him. Indeed, it looks like if he stands, he's likely to knock some of his friends into the drink.

"Have at you!" He says from his prone position, and brings his axe towards the face of Braddakar!

Good news is that shouldn't provoke an OOP AND might still let the ladies fight over him if need be. ad news? Minus 4 to his attack for melee already counted in, as is the bless so...

to hit": 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
if that hits somehow": 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Good grief. Oh well, no one can say he doesn't go down swinging.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Damn, sorry I forgot to change the avatar in the last post. Man, I hate that.

Round 6
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 9/9
Divine retribution (DC 13) 4/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: Justic Judgment on Braddakar

With her way blocked, Calla quickly touches the wasp symbol hanging around her neck and mutters a prayer to Calistria. "Let his head be turned, his intentions burned, oh Sacred Sting."

Casting daze, DC 13


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

I thought the gang plank was two squares? If it's only 5' wide then I'll just stay put and let the others move around me until the mist drops.


HP 37/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

When I last looked at the linked map, it was indeed two squares wide.


I plead a searing headache and a poor memory. The gangplank is indeed 10 feet wide and it has been updated below.

mechanics:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
crit confirm
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Lefrik and the others flailed at Braddakar, but the blows just rang off the man's good armor. Calla's spell, on the other hand, made the man stop for just a moment. He shook his head and wagged his sword at her. "Not this time, girlie-girl." Ignoring Lefrik's feeble blow, he swung his sword at her, nicking her elbow.

Calla takes 2 damage

Round 8:

Round 8 initiatives:
Anklebiter 20
Lefrik 16
Bruendor 15
enemies 14
Kelendra 11
Calla 9

Here is the updated map


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

I didn't think I was in combat, as Lefrik was supposedly in the way. Not a big deal, though; it'll just let me attack this round.

Round 7
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
CMD 13
HP 7/9
Divine retribution (DC 13) 4/6; Judgments 1/1
Effects: Justice judgment on Braddakar

Calla steps forward, then feints with her morningstar, hoping to draw Lefrik's attention away from her wounded companion and keep the guard from realizing she was moving to surround him.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Blech!


HP 37/46, AC 16/12/14, F +4, R +6, W +2, Init +2, Per +8 (+10 traps)

Round 8

Bruendor snarled as he bounded up the gangplank, keeping light on his feet - or as light as a dwarf could - to give Braddakar an elusive target to hit. He circled around and aimed a shot at the fighter's midsection with his sap.

Mechanics:

Move Action: Move to -A-2.
Free Action: Wince as I take an AoO.
Standard Action: Attack Braddikar. I should have flank on him with...someone. Whoever's in -C-2 at the moment.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage (non-lethal): 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8

*sigh* Betrayed by dice again.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 37/37, AC 17/12/16, F +7, R +4, W +9, Init +6, Per +12 Inquisitor 5

Whoops, forgot to make sure it was clear I was just taking a five-foot step, to -B-2.


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 13 (touch 13, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

Anklebiter takes a quick step forward and jabs the wand at the Korvosan.

Touch attack roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13. Damage if it hits: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik will slash once more, waiting for an opening so he can get to his feet without dying for it. He's reckless, not stupid.

striking to hit same mods as before": 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage": 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


half-elf Oracle 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 22/16/20 (+4 CoS on) | F +3, R +3, W +4 | init +2, Perception +6 | CMB +4, CMD 16

Round 7

Kelendra considers that Braddakar's armor could be a weakness as well as a benefit and tries a desperate ploy.

Use Oracle ability of Moonlight Bridge, create a 10' x 10' bridge from the edge of the gang plank where she is standing that stretches over the water and ends in the air. It occupies squares (-D,-4), (-D,-3), (-C,-4), (-C,-3). Kelendra walks out on the bridge and stands at the end on square (-D,-4) then taunts Braddakar again.

"Ahh, look at little Braddakar and his shiny butter knife, wrapped in a shiny butter dish, what a perfect little butter ball he is! Don't worry about the guy sneaking up behind you, I'm sure his knife won't find a gap in your armor."


Braddakar was still taunting the women when Anklebiter's ball of acid took him in the throat. The man gagged and spit, his face turning as red as an apple as he sank to his knees. Blood welled out from beneath his helmet as he pitched to the gangplank, quivering like a gaffed fish.

He had been at 2 hp for about 3 rounds :) Good job everyone. 240 XP to all!


Male(HP:58/58; AC:17/10/17;F+8,R+3,W+2;Init +0;Per +8) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 5

Lefrik weakly gets to his feet now and takes a deep breath, "Perhaps... perhaps mother is right and I CAN be a bit rash." He smiles though, and grins at the others, "but well and bravely fought all. Did we save the spirits?"


Male Goblin Wizard 5 (Abjurer); Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +3; AC 13 (touch 13, flatfooted 12; +2 Dex., +1 size); hp 35; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +5

It was a charge from the wand of Shocking Grasp, but hey, just so long as the jerk finally pitches over! ^^

"I think one case broke," Anklebiter says. "My fault; I made the thief slip. You okay to walk? We could take the thieves' horse and cart..."

The Goblin casts a pensive look at Braddakar. "Maybe we should take the body? As evidence? Do any of you want pieces of his armour? His weapons?"

501 to 550 of 3,218 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.