Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Berwick's Serpent's Skull Adventure

Game Master Lost Gamer

Continuing a great game with some great players.


1,151 to 1,190 of 1,190 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Qadira

F Human Cleric/ 3

Round 10
Her eyes widen, astonished at the successful, yet unorthodox use of the whip. And Aedalis remains out of reach of the ghoul's scrabbling claws. Taking heed of his foresight, fearful of the poisonous ichor, she lets loose the trident, pushes her open palm violently towards "Mother", firing off an electrical arc before the weapon evens clangs harshly upon the cave floor.

Spoiler:
Electrical Arc Ranged Touch Attack: to hit 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
BAB +2
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Shield forward, eyes on the ghoul, she kneels briskly and picks up her trident, bracing for impact should the ghoul charge.
She blows her hair out from her face, wondering where the water leads to and how it figures into the ghoul's lair.

Qadira

F Human Cleric/ 3

Spoilered for crunch

Spoiler:
Crit confirm? 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
not sure if you x2 or add another 1d6. Just in case:1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Elf Ranger 3rd

Determined to stand his ground, Isandril lets out a grunt of pain before retaliating, his swords striking in quick succession.

Round 10

Main hand melee attack (masterwork short sword) 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Off-hand melee attack (masterwork short sword) 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Not sure whos attacking who but any attacks on the Mother are at +4 as shes prone.

Osirion

Isandril draws dark blood and Jonagher knows shooting into the combat is all but useless. He drops the bow and rushes forward pulling out is short blade and screaming.

"DIE! WITCH!"

The distraction of the two warriors allows for Aedalis to snap his whip around the creatures bare feet and pull her down with a loud splash.

The dirge snaps the whip back as an electric charge from Yuuwa shocks her while she is still on all fours.

"NO! NO! You will not destroy me!" she says rising to her knees her back to the group. "By Ydersius, vengeance will be mine. By the beheaded serpent god I will feast on your bones!"

She raises her arms to the ceiling as another wave of dark energy engulfs those near her. The negative energy seems to seek the life within each of you and snuff it out like wind trying to blow out a candle.

Meanwhile Brynmor and Origen try and finish the captain ghoul before it can join and help it's mother. The large blade punctures through the soft corpse of the undead creature coming out it's back covered in dark blood. The eyes of the creature light up in recognition of what has happened and the two men think they see a small smile on it's lips as it dies.

Combat:

Spells in Effect:
Inspire Courage: +1 to hit and damage (weapons only), +1 save vs charm and fear
Triple Time: Isandril, Brynmor, and Yuuwa 56 mins (next minute 05/10 rounds) - +10' movement
Pro Evil(Brynmor): 3 mins (21/30 rounds) - +2 AC and saves vs evil creatures, cannot be touched by summoned outsiders
Pro Evil(Jonagher): 3 mins (22/30 rounds) - +2 AC and saves vs evil creatures, cannot be touched by summoned outsiders
Pro Evil(Yuuwa): 3 mins (26/30 rounds) - +2 AC and saves vs evil creatures, cannot be touched by summoned outsiders
Moment of Greatness: 3 mins (24/30) - double morale bonus (currently +1 to saves vs charm and fear) Also note only usable once per person.
Used so far - None
Grease: 3 mins (25/30 rounds) N-18/19, M-19 and walls (easier to squeeze through, long as you don't slip)
Light - Yuuwa: 1 min (04/10 rounds)
Dancing Lights - Aedalis: 1 min (03/10 rounds)

Mother Thrunefang - shaken 2 rounds (01/02 rounds)

Round 10
Origen - cast acid ray, hit dmg=3
Isandril(17/29) - full attack hit dmg=9; hit dmg=5
Jonagher(14/25) - charge 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
crit confirming 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Aedalis(18/24) - trip attack, successful
Yuuwa(18/24) - electrical arc, hit dmg=5
Mother(42/45) - PRONE - channel energy 2d6 + 0 ⇒ (1, 6) + 0 = 7; will save DC 14 for half
Brynmor - attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21; dmg 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5) + 5 = 14
monsterE - full attack (killed before it could attack back))
bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Rolling paralysis save for Brynmor (FORT DC 13)1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Osirion

Round 11

Mother Thrunefang sits on her knees her head turned toward the ceiling her arms raised, as if looking for divine intervention to her plight.

Combat:

Spells in Effect:
Inspire Courage: +1 to hit and damage (weapons only), +1 save vs charm and fear
Triple Time: Isandril, Brynmor, and Yuuwa 56 mins (next minute 04/10 rounds) - +10' movement
Pro Evil(Brynmor): 3 mins (20/30 rounds) - +2 AC and saves vs evil creatures, cannot be touched by summoned outsiders
Pro Evil(Jonagher): 3 mins (21/30 rounds) - +2 AC and saves vs evil creatures, cannot be touched by summoned outsiders
Pro Evil(Yuuwa): 3 mins (25/30 rounds) - +2 AC and saves vs evil creatures, cannot be touched by summoned outsiders
Moment of Greatness: 3 mins (23/30) - double morale bonus (currently +1 to saves vs charm and fear) Also note only usable once per person.
Used so far - None
Grease: 3 mins (24/30 rounds) N-18/19, M-19 and walls (easier to squeeze through, long as you don't slip)
Light - Yuuwa: 1 min (03/10 rounds)
Dancing Lights - Aedalis: 1 min (02/10 rounds)

Round 11
Origen - IS UP
Isandril(17/29) -
Jonagher(14/25) - Will save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Aedalis(18/24) -
Yuuwa(18/24) -
Mother(21/45) - PRONE
Brynmor -
monsterE - DEAD

Notes:

- Will saves from Isandril, Yuuwa, and Aedalis please along with their actions to take only half damage from the negative energy.
- Aedalis listed
Quote:
Trip (+1 weapon focus, +1 bless, +1 inspire)

but a Trip attempt does not get any bonus from the feat or inspire courage, and I don't think Bless was ever cast. Only way to get a bonus would be to have Improved Trip or increase your CMB.

- Mother Thrunefang wasn't prone till after Aedalis's turn. Posting out of order is ok (and preferred if people haven't posted for a while).

__________________________________

COMBAT MAP: HERE


Male (hps 18/18) Human Sorceror 3 (Abberant Bloodline)

As soon as Brynmor sends the Captain to his rest, Origen spins about to rush toward the others. "Come on!"

Move action: Move 30' to F10.

He sends a bolt of acid toward the Mother.

Standard action: Ranged touch attack (acidic ray): 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 - 2 + 1 = 10 (-2 cover, -4 missile vs. prone, +1 IC)
Damage (if applicable): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Sadly, the prone condition gives +4 AC vs. missiles, but it should help the rest of you.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Will Save success

Will take my action after NPC Jonagher.

Qadira

F Human Cleric/ 3

Round 11
crunch

Spoiler:
Round 10: Will save1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 (+3 ClassSave, +3Wisdom bonus, +2 protection from Evil)
Round 11: Bluff for “all day long” if needed 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Channel Positive Energy(4 of 6) 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 (30'radius 2d6 heal (DC 13: Will save 1/2) 6/day, no AO)
perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Heal check1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

”We can do this all day long, Ghoul.” Yuuwa stands upright, touching the carved palm leaf hanging around her neck. ”I choose life!” Another circular burst of positive energy ripples out, healing and wiping clean the stench undeath. She spends a moment examining the flow of her crew in combat. Ever watchful for combat fatigue but looking for fresh wounds that may require concentrated effort to clean, she remains where she is.


Male Elf Ranger 3rd

Once again supernatural energy washes over him and once again Isandril proves too stubborn to fall. The elf smiles despite the pain and once again strikes at the Mother with his two matching short swords.

Round 11

Will 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Main hand melee attack (masterwork short sword) 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

Off-hand melee attack (masterwork short sword) 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Mother is still prone so +4 to both Isandril's attacks :).


Isandril sends his two swords point deep into the creature's back and Jonagher moves to finish her off.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22, 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

He reaches down and takes a hand full of scraggly hair before he swings his blade with all his might. The blade slices through bone and muscle and takes the creature's head from it's knobbly shoulders.

"And stay dead this time b****." he says tossing the head unto the sandy floor.

Osirion

COMBAT OVER

HP Update:

Note this is with Yuuwa's 4pt channeling

Origen - MAX
Isandril(14/29)
Jonagher(11/25)
Aedalis(19/24)
Yuuwa(19/24)
Mother(00/45)
Brynmor - MAX

EXPERIENCE: 4,400xp total (includes festrogs from before); 730xp each

Experience tracker


Male Human Fighter 3

The silence after the din of combat is almost deafening.

The big warrior turns wearily and follows Origen towards the rest of the group. His sword is stained with ichor and his hair is matted and dirty, sweat glsitening on his face and neck. Taking a look at the severed head he turns to the others shakes his head and smiles.

"She sure got what she deserved. I seem to have missed all the fun though..."

Noticing some of the others are wounded he looks at Yuuwa expectantly.

"Admirable job with the hag, priestess. Do you have anything left to patch people up? We need to get moving soon. The freaks outside will be returning at some point and they won't be happy with what we have wrought here."


Male (hps 18/18) Human Sorceror 3 (Abberant Bloodline)

Origen looks around warily. "I'll keep a lookout in case that the noise attracted any more. We need to be quick, but we should check here and the other caves before we go."

"And say a few words over Captain Kovack. When Brynmor took him down, he seemed almost happy, so maybe he's at peace now."

And, of course, check the bodies.

Before he walks back back to the Captain's body, he pokes at the Mother's head with his foot. "Have any of you heard of 'the beheaded serpent god' or the Ydersius that she was threatening us with? The name is unfamiliar to me."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Osirion

Brynmor:
By the look of some of the jewelry and such you know this to be Nylithati the true ruler of the Thrunefang cannibals.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

The steady beating of Aedalis' drum rises to a crescendo, ending suddenly as Jonagher finishes the Ghoul off. The last beat of his drum echoes and lingers through the cavern complex.

Perception-

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Knowledge (Religion) check in response to Origen-

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Osirion

Aedalis:
The ancient demigod Ydersius (pronounced yeh-DER-see-us)[1] is the patron of the serpentfolk, a race of snake-men who battled the forces of ancient Azlant in the time before the Age of Darkness. He was driven underground during these wars and forced to hide in the Darklands realm of Sekamina. In one of the final battles of the Azlant-serpentfolk war, Ydersius became known as the Headless King when he was decapitated by Savith, a mighty Azlanti champion. Still believed to be living in two pieces, his mindless body is said to thrash in the lightless depths below, while his head has wasted away to a still-conscious skull. It is rumored that his head is buried somewhere in the Mwangi Expanse, luring the serpentfolk to that region. Whatever the exact truth may be, his clerics still receive his divine power, a sure sign that he has not followed Aroden into true death. A deity of unquenched passion and anger, the generally more cerebral serpentfolk used him as an example of all that was potent and primal in their psyche.

Alignment: Chaotic evil
Portfolio: Serpentfolk, Immortality, Poison
Worshipers: Serpentfolk
Cleric Alignments: CN, NE, and CE
Domains: Animal, Chaos, Evil, Nobility, Scalykind
Favored Weapon : dagger

Qadira

F Human Cleric/ 3

"Gather around crew. I can provide a couple more of Gozreh's energy to wash away some pain and suffering. And let me have a closer look at some of those claw and tooth marks while I am at it. I'll do what I can to avoid any disease from taking hold."
Heal check1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Channel Positive Energy(5 of 6) 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 30'radius 2d6 heal (DC 13: Will save 1/2) 6/day, no AO)

"Good, now that is over. Lets confirm these caverns remain vermin-free and look for an alternate way out. Sure as the tides, our cannibal friends are awaiting. Speaking of which..."
Yuuwa bends down and scoops her hand into the water, tasting for saltwater, looking for tidal marks on cavern walls or sealife within...perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

*Edit*You know the dice gods could be a wee-bit more generous...I have one more healing burst, I'd like to save if we have another encounter.

Qadira

F Human Cleric/ 3

Yuuwa realizes she can't see in the cavern pool as her brightly lit trident causes the surface be like a mirror. Dipping her trident within the pool, she tries to observe any sealife.
Perception: She takes 20. She ain't in a hurry, and I am tired of rolling low. :-)

She will recast light upon her trident. "Something about what "Mother" said tickles a memory. What was it? Let me think this out. In the meantime, do these ghouls burn?"
Religion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Spoiler:
So a couple of things on to-do list:
1) Explore caverns, verify no more undead.
2) Saltwater pool? Possible alternate exit.
3) Any treasure?
4) Suggested extrication tactic discussion.

And look at the Religion roll, a bit late but I'll take it...

Osirion

HP Updated:

Origen - MAX
Isandril(18/29)
Jonagher(15/25)
Aedalis(23/24)
Yuuwa(23/24)
Brynmor - MAX

Yuwwa notices that water coming into the caves is indeed saltwater that must mean their could be a way to swim out if needed. From here spot at the water line she does indeed see the tide marks that mean when the tide is up the water comes in another ten to fifteen feet.

See ooc please.

EDIT:

Yuuwa:

The ancient demigod Ydersius (pronounced yeh-DER-see-us)[1] is the patron of the serpentfolk, a race of snake-men who battled the forces of ancient Azlant in the time before the Age of Darkness. He was driven underground during these wars and forced to hide in the Darklands realm of Sekamina. In one of the final battles of the Azlant-serpentfolk war, Ydersius became known as the Headless King when he was decapitated by Savith, a mighty Azlanti champion. Still believed to be living in two pieces, his mindless body is said to thrash in the lightless depths below, while his head has wasted away to a still-conscious skull. It is rumored that his head is buried somewhere in the Mwangi Expanse, luring the serpentfolk to that region. Whatever the exact truth may be, his clerics still receive his divine power, a sure sign that he has not followed Aroden into true death. A deity of unquenched passion and anger, the generally more cerebral serpentfolk used him as an example of all that was potent and primal in their psyche.

Alignment: Chaotic evil
Portfolio: Serpentfolk, Immortality, Poison
Worshipers: Serpentfolk
Cleric Alignments: CN, NE, and CE
Domains: Animal, Chaos, Evil, Nobility, Scalykind
Favored Weapon : dagger

Osirion

The battle over the caves become still and quiet. Catching their breathes and relieved that nothing else has jumped out of the darkness at them the group searches the area and Jonagher and Origen the bodies. Besides a few pieces of jewelry Orgien's arcane sight finds two items of magic on the decapitated body of the undead priestess.

A ring and the skull of a snake that was once on a leather thong around her neck. Looking about Orgien gets a pull as if he is detecting something close by but not in the groups current room. He walks to the edge of the water and the pull becomes stronger.

Concentrating and wading out hip deep into the water Jonagher and Origen find the source as the others cover them.

On a ledge not far from where the ghouls died is a treasure chest overflowing with coins. Around the open chest are potion vials and a small pouch. The vials are what must have caught Origen's detection. The two men bring the chest back to shore and lay out the items they have found.

Treasure:

Trying to put it all into one spot for easy finding.

Identifying:
Know Arcana for Aura - Spellcarft for properties:
Ring - DC 17
Skull - DC 20
potions(6) - DC 16 (may use perception)
potions(2) - DC 17 (may use perception)

IDing one potion in a group ids them all.

MISC treasure: (in pouch)
- antitoxins(3)
- smokesticks(2)
- tanglefoot bag(3)

Coin:
4,200 sp
180 gp

Jewelry
bracelets(2) - 50gp each
rings(3) - 2@10gp, 1@50gp
necklace - 100gp

Osirion

The group then takes and explores the rest of the Caves of the Mother.

From the room were the main fight took place they follow a narrow cave that curves like a serpent. Along the walls are numerous carvings of snakes and skeletons. At the end of the tunnel is a hideous mound of bones and seaweed that forms a nest, in what must be the mother's lair.

Then the group follows the banks east of where they found the treasure chest noting that when the tide is up this stretch of beach will be under water. Faint sunlight shines on the western most walls giving the group an emergency way out should they need it.

Finding an empty room that is not defiled is also a boon. The gravel-like floor is flat and smoothed enough to give a good place to camp since they will be spending the night waiting for Torden and the others to return.

Another tunnel connects that room to a small cove with strange cave scrawlings in Aklo all over the walls. The script is easily read by those who know the dark language.

Aklo:

All glory to Great Ydersius

Here and there about the room their are blood stains (probably from the bodies used as the ink for the writing), bones and drift wood thrown in piles.

Confident that they have explored everywhere and found no signs of secret areas the group enters the area they only saw in passing. The room they saw that had worked stone in it.
_________________________________________________

Complete MAP

Osirion

Temple

Quote:


This long chamber evokes the feel of an ancient, hideous cathedral. The walls are carved with images of serpents walking upright like humans, snakes coiling around and eating hapless women and children, and stranger scenes. Four stone pillars carved like coiling snakes support the vaulted ceiling 30 feet above. Four small cells blocked by rusted bars sit in the walls to the east and west. To the north, an immense carving of a snake’s head looms, an ash-caked door clenched in its jaws, while to the south rises a horrific mound of bones and partially decayed bodies in an eight-foot-tall heap arranged almost as if to evoke the imagery of a coiled snake made of corpses.

Perception checks as you search the room please.


Male Elf Ranger 3rd

"Well," Isandril remarks as he moves about the room, senses alert and swords still in his hands, "this does not seem particularly hospitable, does it?"

"At least the imagery is of snakes and not apes and monkeys, eh Origen?" The elf's tone is teasing rather than mocking, an obvious attempt to lighten the mood in this otherwise foreboding place.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Male (hps 18/18) Human Sorceror 3 (Abberant Bloodline)
GM The Serpent God wrote:
. . . . The two men bring the chest back to shore and lay out the items they have found.

Origen is unmoved by the gold, but his eyes light up when he sees the alchemical supplies. "Ah, these antitoxins will come in handy!"

"And these may too." He looks intently the vials, ring, and totem-like skull necklace. "Hmm, I think that I've seen something like these before."

Spellcraft (on ring, DC 17): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Spellcraft (on skull, DC 20): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Spellcraft (on six potions, DC 16): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Spellcraft (on two potions, DC 17): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Perception (on six potions, if necessary, DC 16): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perception (on two potions, if necessary, DC 17): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

EDIT: Knowledge (Arcana) (on skull): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Knowledge (Arcana) (on six potions): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

No need to spoiler what he finds, as he'll tell the party.

GM The Serpent God wrote:
Another tunnel connects that room to a small cove with strange cave scrawlings in Aklo all over the walls. The script is easily read by those who know the dark language.

Origen translates the cave scrawlings. "This says, 'All glory to Great Ydersius,' though the syntax is a little . . . odd, even for Aklo."

Isandril Velahrn wrote:

"At least the imagery is of snakes and not apes and monkeys, eh Origen?" The elf's tone is teasing rather than mocking, an obvious attempt to lighten the mood in this otherwise foreboding place.

Origen smiles, though he looks around warily, not sure if the room is really safe. "Good point, Isandril. And here I was, about to complain that we never find evil cathedrals glorifying the demon lord of butterflies and fluffy kittens."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

I still think if you need perception checks from everyone please roll them on our behalf, they are the most common check and often need to be rolled passively anyway.

More like the deity of the ancient serpentfolk, fondly referred to by myself as "Ydersius the Not-Quite-Dead..." Aedalis rasps.

Qadira

F Human Cleric/ 3

Smiling at the imagery of a demon lord of butterflies and fluffy kittens, Yuuwa remains as close to center of room. Trying to keep an eye on the whole crew (sparing more than a few glances at the serpetine pile of bones) as they divide and explore. She does not waste her efforts on the distractions throughout the temple, until her crew have ascertained (ie sprung/activated traps) it safe. "Are those cells truly empty?"
Keeping an eye on the crew: Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

*Editted for "AHA moment!" See I just knew the dice gods have forsaken me!


Male (hps 18/18) Human Sorceror 3 (Abberant Bloodline)

OOC

Spoiler:

Aedalis Omathi wrote:
I still think if you need perception checks from everyone please roll them on our behalf . . . .

I'm happy with this for passive checks, as it will speed play (like rolling initiative for the party).

Earlier: Cave Scrawlings

Aedalis Omathi wrote:
More like the deity of the ancient serpentfolk, fondly referred to by myself as "Ydersius the Not-Quite-Dead..." Aedalis rasps.

"Eh? Serpentfolk?" Origen thinks for a moment.

"Didn't Captain Kovack's diary mention something about Ieana being 'a serpentine demon'? A coincidence?"

Origen doesn't look as if he's convinced that it's a coincidence.

"What do you mean by 'Not-Quite-Dead,' Aedalis? Undead?"


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Headless. But not truly dead, like Aroden. The ghoul's spells are one of many testaments to that he answers in his gravelly voice.


Male (hps 18/18) Human Sorceror 3 (Abberant Bloodline)

Earlier: Cave Scrawlings

Aedalis Omathi wrote:
Headless. But not truly dead, like Aroden. The ghoul's spells are one of many testaments to that he answers in his gravelly voice.

Origen says, "That explains the Mother's ranting about a 'beheaded serpent god.' I wonder what chopped his head off?"

Not for the first time, he ponders the nature of the gods with confusion. Alive without a head? The rules must be really different for the gods.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5
Origen Leanthris wrote:


Origen says, "That explains the Mother's ranting about a 'beheaded serpent god.' I wonder what chopped his head off?"

An azlant champion named Savith.

Osirion

The four cells are indeed empty and look to not have been used in many years. Perhaps whatever prisoners the ghouls captured where never kept alive long(the turning of Captain Korvosa being a true testament to that).

The bone altar in the southern half of the room is exactly what it appears to be. Bones taken from the dead and piled to help in the worshiping of the dead serpent god.

And to the north the stone door held in the jaws of the carved snake head is shut. Ash, scorch marks, and empty vials litter the floor before the door. Isandril finds what appears to be runes etched at the base and top of the door but them seem faded and burned away.

Jonagher steps up at the find and comments, "A trap. And it looks like it was set off by the ash and marks on the floor. No body so whoever set this off must have survived."

The rest of the room is empty of anything interesting and Jongaher starts to check the door for more traps.

OOC:

Items:
Ring of Swimming
Skull snake head - Aura: faint abjuration
potions(6) - Aura: faint conjuration(Note: anyone may try to ID them using Perception)
potions(2) - lesser restoration

Qadira

F Human Cleric/ 3

Yuuwa confident that any traps would have been found by now, moves closer to Jonagher. "Perhaps a bit of light would help in your search as well as guidance?" Assuming he agrees, She casts Guidance upon Jonagher. And as the rest approach closer to this stone door, she'll do the same to all once within range. Glancing at the ashes and the bone altar, "Perhaps, or more likely eaten and added to that pile of bones on the farside. I think we might take the time while there is no pressure to ascertain the potions and should divvy up amongst ourselves. I'll take one of the Restoration."

Yuuwa makes sure to cast Guidance on all who want it, taking her time to perform a cursory heal check at same time, ever vigilant for infections not cured by healing.
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Heal1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

She opens her pack, rearranges some of the gear to place one restoration potion near the top. She lets the others know where it is.


Male (hps 18/18) Human Sorceror 3 (Abberant Bloodline)
GM - The Serpent God wrote:
Skull snake head - Aura: faint abjuration

Origen says, "I'm not certain what the necklace is, but my best guess is a minor protective item."

OOC

Spoiler:

Who'd like the ring? Anyone want to test out the mystery amulet?

GM - The Serpent God wrote:
And to the north the stone door held in the jaws of the carved snake head is shut. Ash, scorch marks, and empty vials litter the floor before the door. Isandril finds what appears to be runes etched at the base and top of the door but them seem faded and burned away.

Origen scrutinizes the door closely, looking for signs of residual magic. "Probably from a spell . . . a very old one, from the looks of this temple."

Take 20 on the door for Perception 27.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Qadira

F Human Cleric/ 3

Since we are taking "20", I have a time to expand on the RP

As Origen and Jonagher are scrutinizing the door, Yuuwa gently taps his shoulder. Calmly yet in a lowered voice confirms they want some help from Gozreh as well as tending to any remaining wounds. Her eyes open, she pulls a whisp of mist from Gozreh's Leaf, "Leitfaden meine nächste Aufgabe" touching each in turn. Clucking her tongue over the state of disrepair the last couple of battles have wreaked and knowing each bit of torn clothing possibly hides a festering wound, she bats away any protestation as any stern mother would. Each scratch is examined through the torn clothing and armor, The 1st heal was for Jongher "23"; For Origen: Heal1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Yuuwa jumps a little, unable to suppress her reaction and trying to figure out the best course of action regarding his "condition". "Harumph! Might as well tend to the tears in the clothing. Keep me from re-examining the older scars and hiding..." Pinching the ripped fabric and leather, "Flicken, was auseinander". Removing her hands, reveals a still filthy but mended shirt.

Eyeing the Potions still undetermined and the others "too busy" searching to take a chance on identifying. She unstoppers the small clay flasks in turn, tipping each minutely with her finger preventing spillage. Looking closely in the light cast from her spelled trident, she smells, then tastes the residue on her skin. Concentrating.

Spoiler:
Numbers pulled from Discussion thread Perception#1=13; Perception#2=23; Perception#3=15;Perception#4=9;Perception#5=7; Perception#6=14 And if a Fort Save is required1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Spells translations

Spoiler:
Just trying out some flavor text. Don't correct my German, it has been a while and my excuse is it is a fantasized version. 1st spell was "guidance" +1 on next dice roll, 2nd spell "mending".


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Aedalis asks the others quietly-

So what is your next move? I assume I have proven my loyalty here, or at least taken steps towards you trusting my motives.


Male (hps 18/18) Human Sorceror 3 (Abberant Bloodline)

Origen nods. "I never thought that you were working with the cannibals, but if you had been, you wouldn't have helped us against the ghouls.

"My opinion, for what it's worth, is that we should first deal with those cannibals. They're a danger not only to us, but also to anyone else shipwrecked here. Also, we've already struck against them several times, and they didn't seem very forgiving to me.

"I'm puzzled why we found our old captain down here, though. From his diary, Captain Kovack was Ieana's pawn, and I don't see how he would have got down here without the cannibals letting them through. But I'm not sure why they dealt with her peacefully rather than attacking her.

"Maybe this door hides some of the answers."


Male (hps 18/18) Human Sorceror 3 (Abberant Bloodline)
Yuuwa Majid wrote:
Pinching the ripped fabric and leather, "Flicken, was auseinander". Removing her hands, reveals a still filthy but mended shirt.

"Ah, thanks." Origen notices the accumulated dirt of his recent explorations and fighting. With a few muttered words, he removes one of the bigger patches with a cantrip. I have to remember to keep up with that. Too much disease, especially down here, for it to be safe not to.

Later, after the party sets up camp for the night, Origen spends some time using prestidigitation to clean his and his friends' clothes.


Male Elf Ranger 3rd
Origen Leanthris wrote:

"I'm puzzled why we found our old captain down here, though. From his diary, Captain Kovack was Ieana's pawn, and I don't see how he would have got down here without the cannibals letting them through. But I'm not sure why they dealt with her peacefully rather than attacking her.

"Maybe this door hides some of the answers."

"Perhaps there is more to her than meets the eye," Isandril offers with a shrug. "In fact, I am willing to bet such is the case."

"As for our more immediate troubles, I too agree that the cannibals should be handled. After all, they most certainly must bear a grudge by now, even if we were not their favorite dish."

"A quick rest and then back to dealing with them, then?"


Male (hps 18/18) Human Sorceror 3 (Abberant Bloodline)
Isandril Velahrn wrote:
"A quick rest and then back to dealing with them, then?"

"Well, we'll have to stay around here for a while to let Torden, Bran, and the others catch up. If the cannibals come back, we said that we'd be in here to support them for an assault."

In RL, that was a while ago; the relevant posts start October 10.

"By the way, if the cannibals don't come back, what do you think that the the others should do when they get here? Retreat back to our old camp, or stay here?"

1,151 to 1,190 of 1,190 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Berwick's Serpent's Skull Adventure All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.