Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Barcas - Kingmaker: Rivers Run Red

Game Master Isaac Duplechain

As Newhaven rises, threats besiege it from all directions. To the north, the news of the last heir of House Rogarvia threatens the start of a new war. To the south, an empire of trolls and monsters grows.


851 to 900 of 2,051 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Human Heretic 5 Master of Many Styles 1

Taisper sits in silence and stillness, with his eyes closed and a beatific expression on his face, and prays for all he is worth.


Vinodragov sputters for a moment with incredulous disbelief. He turns towards Verik for a moment, then back to the assembled nobility. "He claims that this man is not the Stag Lord? Surely, the Banker of Newhaven thinks you fools. If that were not the case, then he is surely mad. It is a matter beyond dispute that the brute sitting before you, this violent madman and thug, is and was the Stag Lord. I am of the belief, and I know you believe in your heart of hearts as well, that he will always be the Stag Lord. Tell me, Banker, how is this not the same man that brutalized the Stolen Lands for years?"

Sense Motive DC 13:
Bluff 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Archbanker Vinodragov appears quite surprised by Verik's legal strategy and is biding time to figure out where exactly Verik is going with it. It has caught him off-guard and he does not seem sure how to proceed.

Akiros has already passed the Sense Motive check.


Male Human Cleric (Abadar) 6th / Fighter 1st / AC 25/10T/25F / HP 54 / F +10 R +3 W +11 / Init. +0 / Perc. +5 / Sense Motive +13

Verik's Sense Motive w/ STH: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 = 29

Verik holds a serene smile and folds his arms behind his back as Vinodragov tries to recover and reassert his dominance, clearly on what he must have prided himself on being all fully in his control. Yes you puffed-up popinjay that was not how you expected was it? Hmmm maybe now I should counter with a further measure of doubt on the physical body or divinity of the...no no he's too smart for me and if he guesses too well he'll construct a counter-defense of the moment and I cannot afford that. Let him...let them all think I am mad or a fool for the moment. The small seed of doubt is at least planted for later...

He shrugs his shoulders and replies as non-nonchalantly as he can, "Oh well yes I believe there is a connection between the Stag Lord and Nikolai Rogvaria here. After a fashion. But my esteemed Archbanker of New Stetven, you have given your opening remarks and I have given mine, as is custom for this most worthy affair! I believe it is your turn for a full disclosure of accusations and testimony as per the petition. I for one am most eager to hear the full body of it."

Verik raises his arms up to the galleries of the assembled. "For is that not what you all wanted? The villainy of the Stag Lord fully brought to light? Yes! Let us hear it!" Amidst the cries for justice and the clamor of the people that he was able to gain a reply from, the cleric sits back down and hastily adopts a patient demeanor, saying no more.


Male Human Cleric (Abadar) 6th / Fighter 1st / AC 25/10T/25F / HP 54 / F +10 R +3 W +11 / Init. +0 / Perc. +5 / Sense Motive +13

Verik's responses during testimony:
Assuming here that when Vinodragov brings up witnesses, it's not like a modern trial where there is full cross-examination and 'proof' evidence entered into the trial record and all that.

Verik is not going to counter any accusation made against the Stag Lord in testimony. He pretends to take notes but in truth is not interested in countering what the atrocities of the Stag Lord were. Verik will, however (even if speaking out-of-turn) speak out versus any direct testimony by a witness to say that they saw "Nikolai Rogvaria" as opposed to the "Stag Lord". Verik doesn't interrupt if Vinodragov says it, but will speak out against a witness, even if just to counter it out loudly once to the Brevian nobles before settling back in silence. He will write down any witnesses that boldly claim this for later, though he doesn't expect much of this as the common assumption is that they are one and the same.


Male Human Samurai-Ronin 4/ Oracle-Battle 3 | AC 24/ T12/ F23, HP73, F+8/ R +4/ W +7, Init +1(Roll twice), Percep +6, Sense Motive +10

Still unsure as to how and where Verik is going with his strange opening statement and defense strategy, Akiros can nevertheless see that it has thrown the Archbanker as well. His cloudy vision prevents him from being able to see the reactions of everyone in the audience, but from the sounds of things, Verik is playing the crowd well. Smiling slightly to himself, the Prefect Marshall continues to watch the proceedings with great interest.


Jemini breathes ever so slightly easier. At least for the moment he doesn't seem to have lost his head entirely. What bad luck! He still wanted to discuss plans for the trial - when the assassination attempt threw everything awry. Sarenrae pray give his mind has not been addled.


Vinodragov openly scoffs at the idea, repeating it again incredulously. "Not the Stag Lord? The Banker besmirches this council with nothing more than desperate lies or half-thought cleverness. Fine, shall we allow him this foolishness? I call the Accused himself to give testimony as to his own sins!" A murmur of shock and surprise ripples through the crowd, and a few of the nobles whisper to each other. To call Nikolai so early, before establishing a foundation of the actual accusations against him, is either suicide for his case or a death stroke for the defense. Nikolai stands with a grunt, defiantly keeping his gaze - one more steady and controlled than ever before - on his accuser.

He makes hardly more than a few steps when a chorus of screams and shouts begin to echo in the courtyard outside the Founder's Hall. The whole of the audience turn in their seats to the source of the noise in the half-closed heavy wooden doors of the castle. The screams are not those of wonder or amazement, but unmistakably of terror. A terrible screech, louder than they can imagine inside the hall, pierces the entire castle down to its bones. A guardsman slams open the door and shouts a word not heard in Brevoy in centuries: "DRAGONS!"


Male Human Samurai-Ronin 4/ Oracle-Battle 3 | AC 24/ T12/ F23, HP73, F+8/ R +4/ W +7, Init +1(Roll twice), Percep +6, Sense Motive +10

His smile fading as the eminently dislikeable Vinodragov begins to speak, Akiros is as surprised as most when the Archbanker calls Nikolai to the stand so early in the proceedings.

His gaze almost involuntarily skipping over the former Stag Lord, Akiros settles his eyes on Verik. Before he can even really begin to gauge the clerics reaction though, screams and shouts of fright and panic erupt outside. The former Ronin is already on his feat and has taken a few steps towards the door when the terrible screech pierces through his body. As the guardsman bursts in and puts word to the knowledge no one present wants to believe is true, the Prefect Marshall bursts into action.

Leaving the army's response to the more than capable General, Akiros quickly shouts a series of commands to mobilize the guard. Knowing the panic and carnage which would ensue should all those in the packed hall try to flee the Founder's hall at the same time, Akiros decides the guards primary function is to keep as much as the population safe as possible. In his loudest, most confidant and commanding voice he booms "People of Stormfare! Do not panic! Stay in your seats! Remain inside the Hall where you will be safe! Guardsman! To me!"

Racing to the door, he quickly numbers off enough guards to ensure that they can block the door and prevent any from leaving. His shield in his quarters, Akiros draws his broadsword and gives a final command to the guards "Unless countermanded by one of the Founders only, do not let anyone, other than the Founders and any nobles who wish to fight, leave this hall! Use non-lethal force if you must but keep these people inside! The rest of you, with me!"

And, leading any guards leftover from door duty, the Battle Oracle of Iomedae bursts outside, his murky eyes trying to see as much as they can. Knowing he will not see everything though, he commands the guardsman closest him "Tell me what you see! What manner and number of dragons attack us??" Regardless the threat, knowing he would be much more effective and mobile while mounted, to another guardsman he commands "Fetch me Kydal!!"

If possible/necessary, here's his Init rolls.
Roll 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 (going with This one! ; )
Roll 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Round 0, Initiative 19
hp 56/56; AC 18/11T/17FF/20CMD; +6F/+2R/+5W (+2 vs Fear)
Special: *Cannot see beyond 30'*, Darkvision
Buffs: none
Effects: none


Oh, snap! I should have rolled with it when you said we were fully armed and armored Isaac ;P My bad... My terrible bad.

Berrin is a little slow to register the rising cries and the call of dragons as hes lost in his own mind as the proceedings escalate, his mind stays mostly with Emma and his eyes consistently stray to Alexey, his hate stroked to a golden glow, hot in his stomach for the man.

Rising out of his stupor as Akiros jumps into action he hesitantly rises, hardly believing the cries he nevertheless grabbing a guardsman and orders the castle bells rung, calling the populace to the safety of it's stone walls. Or, the relative safety of it's stone walls, after all, if dragons had taken to flight, the monsters of myth and legend, who could say what was safe from claws and fire.

'I gotta see this.' Before following Akiros and the press of guards outside he orders Nikolai's weapon to be given back to him, leveling Vinodragov with a withering stare if he objects.

Coming into the courtyard he orders Valnyr saddled and orders his arms fetched from his chambers and then stands and stares at the sky, listening for the sounds of wings flapping.


Male Human Cleric (Abadar) 6th / Fighter 1st / AC 25/10T/25F / HP 54 / F +10 R +3 W +11 / Init. +0 / Perc. +5 / Sense Motive +13

Verik can scarcely believe the words of the guardsman, even as the Founders and Brevian nobles alike rise from their seats and the people of the galleries above start to shout and panic. The world of hydras and harpies is hard enough for the cleric to comprehend with his own eyes, let alone the prospect of dragons at the castle walls. Perhaps because of this, or because his mind has been so bent to the task of beating Vinodragov and keeping Jemini and Nikolai alive, he ignores the monumental danger outside the hall and hastens directly to Nikolai, keeping his back to wherever Vinodragov is so that the priest cannot see his mouth speaking directly.

Verik puts a hand to Nikolai and speaks as low as he can dare, his hope that only Nikolai and possibly Jemini behind him can make it out, his tone urgent and rushed. "This could be just another trick by our enemies! Hear me and do not give this snake what he wants...whatever you think of me I know you are not fully what you once were - the stay upon Esmerelda proved it so! You may have memories of before but he cannot prove to them you are one and the same unless you give it to him - allow a shred of doubt to live so that I can use it!"

With a nervous look around him he withdraws his hand, unsure of what to do next.


Neither Jemini nor Nikolai have their weapons or armor, which are stored back in their quarters. Most everyone else is disadvantaged somehow. This is going to be a multi-area battle. Each person should pick the Founder's Hall, city square, or the castle battlements. You can pass between them, though it'll take a bit of time, and the battlements can fire ranged attacks at the square and vice-versa.

Akiros keeps the assembled citizens and nobility from outright panic, though no one remains seated. Many of the nobility draw weapons, though it isn't clear if they are protecting themselves from the attack or from opportunists in their midst. Vinodragov seems profoundly shocked and unprepared, though he soon starts to snap out of it and opens a vial of powdered silver from inside his robes which he starts to pour on the floor. To his credit, Alexey Surtova rushes to his sister's side with his blade in hand, pulling her behind him.

The courtyard, on the other hand, is in a state of panicked pandemonium. The citizens rush for cover while the guards struggle to meet up in the center of the square. A half-dozen dragons soar above, spitting flame downwards at the defenseless populace. They are not the massive leviathans of lore, though two are at least the size of elephants while the rest are bigger than horses. They assault the square as well as the castle's battlements. One of the guardsmen slams into the ground with a mortal crunch, apparently snatched and thrown from above by one of the dragons. The dragons - scales as red as blood - slash and bite at the fleeing citizens, killing their prey with savage cruelty. One of the larger dragons slams onto the cobblestones in front of the guards who have formed a spear-tipped defensive square, its maw filling with flames.

A soldier - one of the new recruits - runs straight to Berrin, winded from an outright sprint. "Army approaching... From the east... Varnhold's engaged them... Two hundred, maybe more... Led by a dragonrider!" With Varnhold's force skirmishing, they should have a few minutes before their ally is forced into a retreat. Time enough to ward off the dragons here, if they can at all...


Male Human Samurai-Ronin 4/ Oracle-Battle 3 | AC 24/ T12/ F23, HP73, F+8/ R +4/ W +7, Init +1(Roll twice), Percep +6, Sense Motive +10

Ah! Elspeth! Forgetting her is totally My fault, I'm sure Akiros would never do so. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to add this little bit. If you'd rather not allow it though, that's fine too. Also, will we be using any kind of map(s) for this battle(s)?

(slightly) Earlier:

His mind focused almost entirely on his duty, Akiros' heart nevertheless does not forget it's beloved for an instant. Just before he rushes outside, the Prefect Marshall looks back towards the area most of the nobles had been sitting. His gaze immediately finding her just at the limits of his murky vision, it is with no little surprise that he witnesses the older Surtova acting to protect his younger sister. As their eyes flick over each other, it is clear there is still no love lost between the two, yet at the same time, in the instant of their eyes meeting, something passes between the two men; perhaps a flash of respect, of shared purpose? With the barest nodding of his head, Akiros' gaze moves on to Elspeth's. For an eternal moment, much passes between the lovers. Although still relatively new, from the beginning of their togetherness, their's has felt like an old love. Having both loved and lost before, having both found love again when neither had ever thought it again possible, they both know that, should they never see each other again, should their newly born love be cut down before it ever had chance to fully bloom, it would have been enough. It was enough.

Too brave, and too well trained, to cry in public, with a small, gentle smile, Elspeth releases her warrior, her hero, her man. Let's him go to do what she knows he must. As their eyes share a passionate embrace which stretches across the distance between them, Akiros smiles as well. Yet the Prefect Marshall's smile has little of gentleness in it. His is a fierce promise, an unspoken oath that he shall return, that nothing shall keep him from returning to her side. Seeing her hand flutter to her chest and the weight of unshed tears in her eyes, Akiros finally breaks their gaze. At the center of an eye of calm amidst the chaos all around him, he whispers a vow only he, and perhaps his Goddess, hear "I will return to you my love! And neither dragons, nor the Gods themselves shall stop me!"

NOW:

As one guard rushes to fetch Kydal, Akiros holds out his left arm, ordering "Lend me a shield!" While it is being strapped to his arm, trusting that the man doing so shall run to get himself another, Marshall Ismort gives his full attention to the scene being described to him. Scarcely able to believe all of it, even though able to see some of it, he whispers an oath "By her Shining Blade!". Counting the long seconds until Kydal arrives, he begins to formulate his plan of battle.

So, as this will be my first time dealing with Akiros' visual affliction, I apologize in advance for any errors I make. Anyone please feel free to correct them at any time. Barcus, if/when we are in rounds, can you let me know how long it will be until Kydal arrives?


Male Human Fighter (Archer) 6

Zander springs out of his chair and moves for the door. "I knew this trial was a dumb idea. Hope I don't have to die to prove it."

As he moves through the hall he looks to see the reaction of his double. How does he react to this crisis? But the room erupts into chaos and instead he has to concentrate on getting through the door amidst the guardsmen and Akiros' bellows.

Moving quickly down the hall he spies a scared page looking through a window. Zander pauses to look with him, Gods...how many are out there? He pulls the young lad away from the view, "Listen son, what's your name?...Lier? Alright Lier, I need you to be brave here and now. I need you to run a message to the Warden barracks. Wardens to the the Battlements. Got that? Zander says, Wardens to the Battlements. Be of use to them there or come back here. But we will need arrows...lots of arrows, up on the battlements. Now Lier, Run!"

Giving the boy something to do will make facing the attack easier...just like I got something to do. He tries to put the memory of the Harpies out of his mind as he moves toward the fighting...He needs to prove he is in control of himself....the battlements await.


Cannot prove that he's...? It's not the time for that!

Jemini stands abruptly, her eyes dart quickly as she tries to follow the spirits she sees - trying to guess at the most likely course of events. From within the hall, nothing is clear. A potential future - many really - saw the spirits scatter and wail as ephemeral flames fell between them from a ruined hall.

Desperately she looks about, trying to see how the gathered in the hall are reacting. Still calm enough, for now. She steps forward, towards Vinodragov, "Pray that this is but a vanguard, and not a full-scale invasion by Choral the Conqueror. This trial is hereby post-poned! I shall now resume the position of first servant of NewHaven. With respect, please ensure that your actions now are for the safety of NewHaven, its citizens and guests; furthermore, I assume you will call on Abadar's intervention here. I request that you make your intentions known as they unfold to whomever can relay them across the chain of command. Uncoordinated efforts will lead to chaos that will halve the good they could do."

She turns, finding the closest guard to hand, "Sergeant! To me! I apologize for inconveniencing you in this, but I need you to lend me your longsword and shield. Assuming he has those at hand. Nodding gratefully as she equips them, she notices a worried look in his eyes. Quickly she soothes, "Do not worry, Sergeant, I am sufficiently armored in faith. Iomedae will strengthen our grip and guide our strikes." When she sees him nod, she adds: "You are Sergeant Haltwaft are you not? I will need your expertise to help prepare the nobles and citizens in the hall. One dragon can wreak terrible destruction - a whole army of them will not hesitate to level the entire city."

She turns to face the gathered in the hall, her voice rising to match the level in the room. "Please remain calm. Sergeant Haltwaft here is responsible to maintain stability of the hall. I ask that those armed and willing and able to fight do not over-extend themselves. Please divide yourselves as evenly as possible and place yourselves near the entrances. All others - including women and children - prepare to follow Sergeant Haltwaft's instructions - if the dragons set fire to the hall, he will require of you to swiftly form appropriate chains to move water to quench the fire; should part of the building collapse, he will coordinate you to quickly clear the debris and aid the fallen."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

With a firm grip she closes her hand around the hilt of the sword and raises it to the ceiling. "For Victory! For the Heart!" With these words she strides forth, from the hall and into the light...

Assuming Jemini was able to acquire both a longsword and a (heavy) shield; she currently stands at 22 AC (upwardly mobile when smiting). Her intention is to defend the hall at all costs.

Edit: I just remembered that Jemini usually wears a mithril chainshirt; would she wear that under her clothes to a trial?


Zander rushes to the battlements, taking the stairs two at a time to the top of the castle. If there are any fellow Wardens in the city, their vision and skill with the bow - drilled into each personally over the long winter by Zander - will be beyond helpful that high. However, he knows as well as any that there won't be many. Most of the Wardens are out scouting, though none to the east where the attack is coming from. Until now, there was no reason to suspect any attack to come from the east. Wherever this army had come from, it must have stealthily bypassed Varnhold and Restov both - unless they are burning or besieged, and this is a vanguard for the main force. As he makes it atop the castle, he takes a look at the surrounding areas to get a sense of the assault on Sanctuary.

Immediately, there are six - no, seven - red dragons soaring above the square. Five of them are small (for a dragon), while two are larger. One of the large ones screeches and rears up to launch flames at a group of guardsmen defending the terrified and scattering citizens who gathered to listen to Nikolai's trial. Zander can see Akiros and Berrin trying to muster their forces. The rest of the dragons alternately soar above the square and rain death upon the citizens. There seems to be little organization to the attack.

Footsteps from the stairs that Zander took make him look back at his fellow defender. He is shocked to see his doppelganger, Zander Orlovsky, with a sword in hand running to help him defend the battlements. Only a few steps behind him is Gregary, holding his bow and pulling out a handful of arrows from a quiver.

To the east, Zander spies a pitched battle. It is maybe two or three miles away, beyond the field where Varn's troops have been encamped. He can see them, but they appear to be outnumbered significantly and falling back. The rumors about a dragonrider are right, as he can make out a great dragon - larger than the largest in the square, from this distance - strafing Varn's troops and spitting flames at them.


Male Human Cleric (Abadar) 6th / Fighter 1st / AC 25/10T/25F / HP 54 / F +10 R +3 W +11 / Init. +0 / Perc. +5 / Sense Motive +13

Right this is real Jarrow, this is no trick, this is what she and he came back for... Jemini's words seem to snap him out of his shock, and mercifully he begins to recite a mental mantra to both order and calm his mind. It is then that he realizes he has no weapons and no armor at the trial.

"Balls of a belligerent bugbear!" He flails around looking for something to use as a shield at least, but the Founder's Hall was not setup as a readily available armory. A roar outside and rumbling shake of the ground makes up his mind - Verik has to do whatever he can to allow the community to continue to thrive, and right now that means saving as many citizens and guardians as he can. Not knowing where he is amongst the growing calamity, he shouts aloud, "Taisper! I go to save whom I can!"

Resolutely he steps forward to the doors of the Hall, but pauses momentarily after a few steps, turning grudgingly to the Archbanker. If it all goes to ruin, Vinodragov is at least well situated to try and save those who made it here to the last bastion. He briefly notes his preparations for consecration of the Founders Hall and admits to himself it was better than he could have managed. "Archbanker! May the unrelenting might of the Lawgiver infuse your purpose against this tide of chaos!" Verik does not look for a return blessing or even a response, but knows it was the right and proper thing for him to do. He takes a deep breath to steady himself and steps towards the far side of the hall.


Rolls:
INITIATIVE
Berrin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Dragons 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Jemini 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Nikolai 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Taisper 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Verik 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Zander 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

INITIATIVE
25 Zander (North Battlements)
24 Jemini (Entrance)
19 Berrin (South Square)
18 Akiros (South Square)
13 Dragons (All)
12 Nikolai (North Hall)
8 Taisper (North Hall)
8 Verik (South Hall)
0 NPCs (All)

With Zander heading high to the ramparts of the castle, the rest defend their protected citizens and guests out where the action is. Jemini holds the entrance with her borrowed shield and longsword (granted by an older nobleman for whom it was a relic of his past), while Berrin and Akiros trying their best to borrow weapons and armor to replace their normal gear. The guardsmen rush off in various directions to get their true weapons, armor, and horses, though it will be at least a few long moments before they are there; moments are something they have too little of. For the time being, Berrin is handed a spear and Akiros a shield, with promises for more from the soldier who gave both. Verik, Nikolai, and Taisper are all still in the hall, with Taisper the only one armed between them.

Okay, with my lack of time in general, we are doing this without a map. Divide the area into the following areas from one end to the other: North Square, Center Square, South Square, Castle Entrance, North Hall, South Hall, Stairs, North Battlements, South Battlements. You can move one area to the next in a single round of double move, or over two rounds. If an enemy is in the area, it'll provoke an attack of opportunity as you leave. (Nikolai's fast movement ability - and any similar movement ability - means that he can move two areas with a double move, but is otherwise the same.) All three areas of the square and the south Hall are difficult terrain and grant cover to ranged attacks. Any ranged attack or spell can hit any of the square areas from another or the entrance, and any from the Hall can hit the other in the hall or the entrance. (This means that the entrance can affect inside and outside.) The battlements can target any of the three square areas with spells or ranged attacks, but not the entrance or hall. All melee attacks must be in the same area. The dragons in the air can be attacked by anyone who can see them, and they will spend a full-round action landing whenever they land. (This is largely to keep you guys from getting overwhelmed, but also because this is a very undisciplined attack. Watch out for breath weapons though.)

Clear as mud? Ask any questions in the OOC thread. Mark your current location in your status header. I'll leave you to have some semblance of gear, though obviously almost no one (except maybe Taisper, because of his gloves) will be fully operational. Do your best to figure out what you are wearing in the context of the trial. (Nikolai and Jemini, for instance, would likely not be wearing any arms or armor.)

Medium Dragon 1 (Air): hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
Medium Dragon 2 (Air): hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
Medium Dragon 3 (Air): hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
Medium Dragon 4 (Air): hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
Medium Dragon 5 (Air): hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
Medium Dragon 6 (Air): hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
Large Dragon 1 (Center Square): hp 115/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W
Large Dragon 2 (Center Square): hp 115/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W


Male Human Fighter (Archer) 6

North Battlements: Round 1, Init. 25

To his fellow warriors, "Concentrate on the ones over the square. We need to clear the skies before we can worry about the approaching army.

He snaps off two quick shots at one of the dragons, but both bounce off the scaly hide. Damn...we got our work cut out for us.

Rapid Shot +1 Frost Longbow, Composite (Str +1) vs Dragon#1 -> 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 2 = 17
Rapid Shot +1 Frost Longbow, Composite (Str +1) vs Dragon#1 -> 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 2 = 18

Status: 43/43 hp, 15AC, 15T, 10FF; CMD23, 6F/7R/6W; No Armor, 18/20 arrows

I figure Zander would always be carrying his bow (and a clutch of arrows), but likely only a knife as any other weapon. He won't necessarily have his armor. Not off to a good start....


Round 1, initative 19
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+2 dex, +7 armor, +1 amulet)
hp; 53/53
Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +0
Effects; None.

"Get my gear and saddle Valnyr!" he barks at the soldier and accepting his spear before rushing toward the center square to face off with the dragons there.

Full-round; Double Move.
Free; Draw longsword
OOC: Berrin dressed down for the trial as stated above, wearing the breastplate and his longsword, it's safe to assume he'd never go without a dagger at his belt as well.


Round 1 - Initiative 24
AC 22; HP 43/43
Double move to South Square

Seeing the two large dragons settle in the central square, Jemini begins to head towards them. She sees Berrin and Akiros and shouts, "Come! If we can get the two big ones to fall, we might drive away the others!"


Male Human Samurai-Ronin 4/ Oracle-Battle 3 | AC 24/ T12/ F23, HP73, F+8/ R +4/ W +7, Init +1(Roll twice), Percep +6, Sense Motive +10

Knowing it would be some time still until Kydal was able to be readied and brought to him, Akiros, filled with a righteous fury, runs forward to aid his men and destroy the first of the evil dragons slaughtering the good people of his home. As he moves he roars a rousing cry "Warriors of Sanctuary! This is what we have trained for! We are many, and we are strong! And the very Gods themselves are on our side! This is our HOME, these are our Families! And there shall be nothing but Death today for those who seek to harm them!"

Profession(General/Officer) to inspire/embolden Sanctuary's Defenders: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Hearing Jemini's shout and agreeing with her tactics, he then yells out orders to the men. Choosing the Dragon closest and pointing with his sword, he bellows "Concentrate our might. Take these big ones down and the others will fall easily!"

Round 1, Initiative 19
hp 56/56; AC 21/11T/20FF
20CMD; +6F/+2R/+5W (+2 vs Fear)
Special: *Cannot see beyond 30'*, Darkvision
Buffs: none
Effects: none
FRA: Double move to Centre square


SQUARE - NORTH
Round 1, Initiative 13

Medium Dragon 1 (Air): hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
FRA: Land

Citizens: 8

One of the smaller dragons lands with a screech, menacing a townswoman who is paralyzed with fear. It roars, eliciting a terrified cry from her. The dragon drops on all four claws and extends its wings to their full wingspan, seemingly just to further draw the terror from his intended victim. A bit more than half a dozen of the other commoners start fleeing away from her and the incarnation of death in front of them.


SQUARE - CENTER
Round 1, Initiative 13

Citizens: 15
Guardsmen: 7
Heroes: Berrin, Akiros (flanking)

Large Dragon 1 (Center Square): hp 115/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W
FRA: Bite vs. Akiros 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
> DAMAGE 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 2) + 10 = 15
Claw vs. Akiros 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
> DAMAGE 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Claw vs. Akiros 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
> DAMAGE 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Wings vs. Guardsman 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
> DAMAGE 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Wings vs. Guardsman 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
> DAMAGE 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Tail Slap. Berrin 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 MISS

The red dragon looms before Akiros and Berrin as they rush to assist the citizens and guards. With a low, cruel laugh that sends flames out of its mouth, it focuses on the more dangerous enemies than the guardsmen. As they come near, the dragon lashes out at them. Its vicious teeth, each as sharp and long as a short sword, slash Akiros first. Even blessed by Iomedae, he is unable to move away from the blindingly fast, staggeringly strong dragon as it bites him. The dragon then rears up and slashes him twice with its claws, drawing blood from the Marshal's chest in two deep gashes. It uses its wingspan to pummel one of the guardsmen, though the creature's wings do not appear anywhere near as dangerous as its other natural weapons. Berrin comes up behind with his sword in hand, barely able to move out of the way of the dragon's whipping tail. Amidst all of this, well over a dozen citizens try to run to freedom, trapped in between the fighting, while the remaining guards try to give them something to hide behind.

Large Dragon 2 (Center Square): hp 115/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W
FRA: Take Flight

The second dragon takes off rather suddenly, its malicious eyes fixed on the castle walls. Its powerful wings beat up a small storm of dust and rubble as it lifts off the ground and away from the center of the square.


SQUARE - SOUTH
Round 1, Initiative 13

Citizens: 11
Guardsmen: 3
Heroes: Jemini

Medium Dragon 2: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
FRA: Land

As Jemini moves to assist Berrin and Akiros with the larger dragon, one of its smaller brethren lands directly in front of her, blocking her way. The dragon is not profoundly large, around the size of a small horse, but it is considerably more fearsome than a mere animal. She is not one to fear, though, being blessed by her gods. It almost radiates evil and cruelty as it appraises her as a cruel child would look at insects. Its mouth opens and a voice, deep and hateful, emerges. "You will die here, burning and screaming as we strike the first blow in the war."


CASTLE ENTRANCE
Round 1, Initiative 13

Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: None

Medium Dragon 3: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
FRA: Land

As Jemini heads out of the entrance to fight the dragons in the square, one of the airborne dragons swoops down into the doorway. The doorway is more than large enough for it - or one of the larger beasts - to fit, having been adapted from the original gate of the Stag Lord's fortress. The dragon roars loudly - far louder than any lion or beast would be capable of - sending the people inside the Founder's Hall running.


FOUNDER'S HALL - NORTH
Round 1, Initiative 13

Citizens: 28
Guardsmen: 3
Heroes: Taisper, Nikolai
NPCs: Alexey, Kesten

FOUNDER'S HALL - SOUTH
Citizens: 4
Guardsmen: 2
Heroes: Verik
NPCs: Vinodragov, Ivahn, Jhod

STAIRS
Citizens: 3
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: None

Inside the Founder's Hall, the assembled nobility and citizens seem to be in a state of fear and anxiety, but not outright panic. Not until the first dragon breaches the threshold of the Hall. The citizens stream out of the benches, and the nobles - who mere moments ago were sitting in judgment - are hardly any better. Ivahn Medvyed holds his axe, a giant thing that he likely uses to cut down trees elsewhere, at the ready to attack the dragon. Alexey Surtova defends his sister with his blade held in his right hand and his body turned to the side, though his duel-based style will likely be ineffective against a dragon. Kesten Garess holds himself ready with his longsword held between his hands. Jhod and Vinodragov are both casting spells of some sort, though neither appear particularly confident in combat.


BATTLEMENTS - NORTH
Round 1, Initiative 13

Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: Zander
NPCs: "Zander", Gregary

Medium Dragon 4: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
> FRA: Land

One of the smaller dragons rockets up the path of Zander's arrows, claws hitting stone of the battlements. The dragon pulls itself up with a final thrust of its wings and claws, only a few yards away from Zander - both Zanders - and Gregary.

BATTLEMENTS - SOUTH
Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: None

There are no rangers yet at the top of the castle except for Gregary and Zander. There may yet be some in the castle, but it's unlikely that they'll receive any assistance for some time.


AIR
Round 1, Initiative 13

Large Dragon 2: hp 115/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W

Medium Dragon 5: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
>FRA: Breath Weapon vs. Jemini & Medium Dragon 2
>> Damage (DC 17): 4d10 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 4) = 20
>>> Jemini Reflex save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

The dragons strafe the defenders, seemingly content not to overwhelm them with numbers. One of them, though, swoops behind the one taunting Jemini. It spits flames out and covers both of them in fire. The red dragon is seemingly immune to the burning flames, but Jemini is not. Her skin boils and blisters as the flames overwhelm her. The blessings are upon her, as she is not outright killed in the flames, but she certainly is badly burned.

Medium Dragon 6: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
>FRA: Breath Weapon vs. Center Square Guardsmen
>> Damage (DC 17): 4d10 ⇒ (5, 7, 4, 6) = 22
>>> #1 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
>>> #2 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
>>> #3 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
>>> #4 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
>>> #5 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
>>> #6 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
>>> #7 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

One of the dragons swoops behind the guardsmen warding off the largest dragon with Akiros and Berrin. Before any of them can turn to use their shields to defend themselves from the onslaught of heat and fire, it spews flames from its mouth. Akiros and Berrin can feel the heat behind them as it incinerates all of them. They writhe in pain before a quick and merciful death, leaving Sanctuary with over half a dozen fewer defenders. The citizens, seeing this, scream in terror and fear, eliciting a terrible laugh from the dragon whose flames killed them.


INITIATIVE
25 Zander (North Battlements)
24 Jemini (Entrance)
19 Berrin (South Square)
18 Akiros (South Square)
13 Dragons (All)
12 Nikolai (North Hall)
8 Taisper (North Hall)
8 Verik (South Hall)

0 NPCs (All)


male human barbarian 4, ranger 3

Grrrr.

Spoiler:
This post got screwed up. I posted and rolled an 8 to hit, then I edited it to check my stats and such, then the roll changed to a 4 and then the Postmonster ate my scene. Sorry for the confusion.

Founders' Hall North
Round 1: growl menacingly, rage, grow claws, charge, Power Attack

Combat Stats
AC: 16/11/15
Hp: 56/56
Status: rage

The last few months could be said to have civilized Nikolai, but the din of combat shakes him immediately into action. He stands as Jemini does, but, after hearing the shout of "Dragons!", does not reach for anyone 's weapon. Instead, the sight of the young red dragon triggers an uncontrolled rage. Oblivious to all else, he launches himself at the beast, red-faced and spitting.

Power Attack 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 Actually a 22.
Damage 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Nikolai curses over the short distance. Choral must not love you, whoreson! He sent you to die in his stead!


Male Human Heretic 5 Master of Many Styles 1

Taisper shakes his head as Nikolai charges in. I may be crazy, he thinks, But I'm not THAT crazy. The inquisitor calmly flicks his wrist and snaps his fingers, invoking the magic in the glove on his right hand and causing his morningstar to spring into his ready grip. He shrugs his shield down into place as he prays, and the Master answers; a golden aura flashes around Taisper, offering further protection against both mundane attacks and the fire gushing out of the red dragons' mouths and beginning to engulf parts of the city.

Thus prepared, Taisper starts speaking clearly in celestial.

Hearing the inquisitor's voice ringing out over the noise of battle, Kesten looks over at where the youngster is preparing and nods in satisfaction. Good. He may be nuts, but at least the moon-touched Abadarian brought some weapons to thi-

Kesten's thought ends abruptly as Taisper vanishes. The noble seethes for a moment before settling to the task at hand. I'm going to trust you're moving into a better fighting position, you skulking holy madman, and your god won't save you from my anger, from OUR anger if you just used your magic to run to safety.

Round 1, Initiative 8
AC:23(24 vs. Humans) HP:30/30 Saves:F/R/W 6/3/10 CMB:5 CMD:16
Buffs: Invisible (5 minutes), Judgment Surge(Judgment class feature treated as level 8), Favored Judgment(Humanoids/Humans - all Judgments 1 higher vs. Humans), Judgment/Protection(+2AC), Judgment/Resistance(ER6 vs. Fire)
FA: Pop up morningstar from Glove of Storing
Swift: Activate Judgments: Protection and Purity
MA: Put shield in place
SA: Cast Invisibility


Male Human Cleric (Abadar) 6th / Fighter 1st / AC 25/10T/25F / HP 54 / F +10 R +3 W +11 / Init. +0 / Perc. +5 / Sense Motive +13

Founder's Hall South
Round 1, Initiative 8
HP: 39/39; AC: 10/10T/10F; Saves: +7F/+2R/+9W
Current Conditions: None
Spell Durations: None


MA: Move from Founder's Hall South
SA: Move to Founder's Hall North

Seeing Taisper near Kesten Garess and watching the golden light infuse his cousin once again, Verik breathes a sigh of relief and moves toward them. He moves as hastily as he can amongst the frightened crowd, mentally counting the distances as to when he may be close enough to sustain Nikolai against the dreadful beast at the entrance to the hall. Just then he sees Taisper disappear from view, but takes heart that he is somewhere nearby as he approaches.

Without weapon or armor the cleric moves to approximately thirty paces from Nikolai at the hall's entrance, taking a few steps sideways from what he believes could be a direct angle of fire from the beast. He clutches his golden key symbol of Abadar and prepares his mind to order as he contemplates his next act of assistance.


ROUND 1, INITIATIVE 0

SQUARE - NORTH
Citizens: 10
Guardsmen: 0
Enemies: Medium Dragon 1: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

SQUARE - CENTER
Citizens: 14
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: Berrin, Akiros (flanking)
Enemies: Large Dragon 1: hp 115/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W

SQUARE - SOUTH
Citizens: 8
Guardsmen: 3
Heroes: Jemini
Enemies: Medium Dragon 2: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

CASTLE ENTRANCE
Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 2
Heroes: Nikolai
NPC: Kesten
Enemies: Medium Dragon 3: hp 69/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

FOUNDER'S HALL - NORTH
Citizens: 21
Guardsmen: 2
Heroes: Taisper
NPCs: Alexey, Ivahn

FOUNDER'S HALL - SOUTH
Citizens: 9
Guardsmen: 1
Heroes: Verik
NPCs: Vinodragov, Jhod

STAIRS
Citizens: 5
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: None

BATTLEMENTS - NORTH
Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: Zander
NPCs: "Zander", Gregary
Enemies: Medium Dragon 4: hp 68/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

BATTLEMENTS - SOUTH
Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: None

AIR
Large Dragon 2: hp 115/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W
Medium Dragon 5: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
Medium Dragon 6: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

(All counts and stats are at the end of the round after all actions.)

In the square, the citizens run for their lives after the dragon immolates the guards. Outright panic has broken out, with a number of people falling to the ground and being trampled in fear. There is only one effective exit from the square, on the northern side, though there are a number of people clambering over the relatively short wooden walls that line the sides of the square.

Alexey remains in a position to protect his sister, keeping his left hand on her shoulder as he looks towards the oncoming dragon in the entrance. Kesten, for his part, rushes forward next to Nikolai to assist him. The guardsmen rush to assist them and bottleneck the entrance. They hold their spears up high to keep it from overrunning them and attacking those behind them.

Ivahn leaps over the small table before him and holds the large axe over his head. He pushes his way against the crowd that streams towards the back of the Hall, shouting all the way a wordless cry of battle. He seems eager, though not bloodthirsty, to offer his axe in protection. A number of people hide in the stairs, trying to take the castle's protection. Jhod seems to be summoning some sort of assistance, likely a woodland creature of some sort that Erastil would approve of. Vinodragov seems caught up in some intricate spell, petitioning Abadar in rapid, flawless Celestial. It's very difficult to hear over the din of the crowd.

If any Celestial speaker wants to know what he is saying, make a DC 20 Perception check.

On the battlements, both Zander Orlovsky - the false one - and Gregary rush to engage the dragon. Gregary proves that his mind is on the mend again after his time with the harpies when he launches a reflexive snap shot at the dragon, striking it in the neck with a solid hit. It whips around and slaps down the next arrow with a wing. Orlovsky takes a tentative step forward and slashes with his sword. He seems to have little formal training, but ample strength and raw talent. The sword slashes down across one of the dragon's wings, splitting the stretched leathery skin at the bottom of the wing.


Male Human Fighter (Archer) 6

North Battlements: Round 2, Init. 25

Despite his arrows missing, one breaks off and heads for the small group on the battlements. "Well...That seems to have gotten their attention."

Not-Zander jumps into the fray and the Warden finds himself stepping back while pulling back one of his shots at the last moment to avoid hitting him. His next shot sinks into the scaly hide but does not seem to penetrate.

PB Rapid Shot +1 Frost Longbow, Composite (Str +1) vs Dragon#4 -> 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 - 2 = 13
PB Rapid Shot +1 Frost Longbow, Composite (Str +1) vs Dragon#1 -> 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 1 - 2 = 19

Status: 43/43 hp, 15AC, 15T, 10FF; CMD23, 6F/7R/6W; No Armor, 16/20 arrows

Ugh!


Male Human Cleric (Abadar) 6th / Fighter 1st / AC 25/10T/25F / HP 54 / F +10 R +3 W +11 / Init. +0 / Perc. +5 / Sense Motive +13

Just to state that by Round 2 Verik is in Founder's Hall North w/ Taisper, Alexey and Ivahn, looking to cast in range of Entrance combatants w/ short-range spell effects.

Verik's Celestial Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Verik:
"Master of the Vault, hear my petition! Clad those in need of arms and armor with their counterparts from your Vault, so that they may protect your adherents and further your cause! For this favor, I offer my treasured painting that adorns the northern wall of my home, entitled 'The First Trade.' It is a singular and unique masterpiece, the sole copy of which resides in the First Vault. Should you grant this request, I waive all property rights forevermore to the painting."


INITIATIVE
25 Zander (North Battlements)
24 Jemini (South Square)
19 Berrin (Center Square)
18 Akiros (Center Square)
13 Dragons (All)
12 Nikolai (Entrance)
8 Taisper (North Hall)
8 Verik (North Hall)
0 NPCs (All)


Round 2, initative 19 (Center Square)
AC 21, touch 14, flat-footed 18 (+2 dex, +7 armor, +1 amulet, +2 dodge)
hp; 53/53
Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +0
Effects; Combat Expertice (-2 to hit, +2 AC), flanking, challange vs. large dragon.

Grabbing the hilt of his longsword in both hands Berrin approaches the dragon cautiously, looking for an opening in it's defences without letting his own guard down.

"Bloody, sickly pink maggot! Face me you overgrown kobolt!" he hollars at it, trying to draw it's attention. "I'll cut your wings off and feed them too you!"

Catching a glance from the dragon Berrin ducks under it's sweeping tail and cuts, drawing a roar and leaving a bloody gash on the dragons tail on the process.

Swift; Challange large dragon
Standard Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 30, Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
Large Dragon 1: hp 103/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W


Round 2, Initiative 24, South Square
Antagonize to goad, then start moving to Center Square

Jemini, worried for the panicking people around her, spends a few words to goad the dragon into following her to Berrin and Akiros - her words clothe with thought her righteousness, standing as a beacon of good that will triumph over this dark tide: "As Iomedae guided the city of Kantaria for a year and a day she faced the constant onslaught of shapeless horrors - a small herd of juvenile dragons holds no fear for me!"

Antatonize, intimidate to draw aggression 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

I'm hoping that even if the Antagonize doesn't work directly, the words sting enough to draw attention from the dragon in the South Square


Round 2, Initiative 18 (Akiros DMPC)
hp 19/56; AC 21/11T/20FF
20CMD; +6F/+2R/+5W (+2 vs Fear)
Special: *Cannot see beyond 30'*, Darkvision
Buffs: none
Effects: none
FA: Challenge vs. Dragon
SA: Longsword (PA) vs. Dragon 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
> Damage 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
SA: Move towards South Square

Akiros, bloody and badly injured from the dragon's attention, knows that he cannot back down now. Focused intently on the beast, he waits for the best time to strike. When Berrin slashes at the dragon's tail from behind, Akiros takes the opportunity to slash a powerful blow while the dragon turns towards his comrade. The blow splits down the creature's scaly chest, spilling overheated blood onto the ground. When the dragon turns back to him with an angry bellow, he moves backwards cautiously. Should the dragon approach for revenge, he knows that he can rely on Iomedae's justice to speed him to safety.

Presumably, you want to use your immediate action to jump out of the way should the dragon try to attack you? (This will provoke an attack of opportunity regardless.)


Round 2, Initiative 13

SQUARE - NORTH
Citizens: 10
Guardsmen: 0
Enemies: Medium Dragon 1: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
> FRA: Attack Citizens 1d4 ⇒ 4

As people flee the square in a panic, the northernmost dragon shreds them with impunity. With its claws and bite, four citizens of Newhaven fall to the creature. It seems almost drunk on blood and violence, screeching with sadistic glee.

SQUARE - CENTER
Citizens: 14
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: Berrin (16/53), Akiros (19/56) (flanking)
Enemies: Large Dragon 1: hp 89/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W
> SA: Bite (Vital Strike) vs. Berrin 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
>> Damage 6d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 5, 2, 4) + 10 = 37
MA: Move towarsd South Square

As the dragon turns following Berrin's attack, it lunges forward to grab Berrin in its grasp. The dragon's iron jaw snaps shut over Berrin's left leg. Even the mighty, veteran warrior can't help but shout out in terrible pain. He feels his leg snap under the pressure of the dragon. He slams the hilt of the sword almost instinctively against the dragon's face, causing it to pull back. Blood gushes from the wound, through the massive holes on the crushed half-plate armor around his leg. In terrible pain, Berrin keeps on his broken leg mostly through sheer will and shifts most of his weight to his good leg. The dragon leaps forward, keep aloft for a brief moment with one powerful thrust of its wings, as it follows Akiros.

SQUARE - SOUTH
Citizens: 8
Guardsmen: 3
Heroes: Jemini (-11/43)
Enemies: Medium Dragon 2: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
> FRA: Bite vs. Jemini 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
>> Damage 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
> Claw vs. Jemini 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
>> Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
> Claw vs. Jemini 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
>> Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The dragon seems amused by Jemini's words rather than enraged. Perhaps it is the seeming impossibility of their plight or the apparent inevitibility of the slaughter. Whatever the case may be, the dragon laughs cruelly at Jemini before lashing out at her with teeth and claws. She hits the ground, bleeding from the savage attack. Those who can see remember the terrible moment against the Stag Lord - himself seemingly possessed of draconic power - of Jemini's death. The dragon crows, seemingly believing her to be dead or not caring, and turns his attention to the doorway of the castle. Jemini, however, lives, tenuously hanging onto life for now as her lifeblood spills out of her charred and broken body.


Round 2, Initiative 13

CASTLE ENTRANCE
Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 2
Heroes: Nikolai (35/56)
NPC: Kesten
Enemies: Medium Dragon 3: hp 69/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
> Bite vs. Nikolai (VS) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
>> Damage 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 8) + 7 = 21

Taken aback by the ferocity and rage of Nikolai's attack, the dragon bites him on the shoulder. Blood spurts out of the wound as the dragon tears a huge piece of flesh from him, but Nikolai's anger only seems to grow. Fire begins to fill the dragon's throat, as it looks past Nikolai at the citizens and nobles behind him.

FOUNDER'S HALL - NORTH
Citizens: 21
Guardsmen: 2
Heroes: Taisper (30/30, Verik (39/39)
NPCs: Alexey, Ivahn

FOUNDER'S HALL - SOUTH
Citizens: 9
Guardsmen: 1
Heroes: None
NPCs: Vinodragov, Jhod


Round 2, Initiative 13

STAIRS
Citizens: 5
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: None

BATTLEMENTS - NORTH
Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: Zander (38/43)
NPCs: "Zander", Gregary
Enemies: Medium Dragon 4: hp 68/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
> Bite vs. "Zander" 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
>> Damage 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
> Claw vs. Gregary 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
> Claw vs. Gregary 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
>> Confirmation 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
>> Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 4) + 10 = 16
> Wing vs. Zander 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
>> Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
> Wing vs. Zander 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Outnumbered three to one, the dragon shows its youth by not taking one of them out immediately. Not one of them could survive a sustained attack against the dragon, but it doesn't seem to realize that. Like an animal, it simply lashes out at all of them. First, it scrapes its sharp teeth down Orlovsky's wrist, though he gets out of the way of the worst of it. The dragon slashes at Gregary with its vicious claws. The young Warden dodges the left claw, only to get the right claw slashed straight across his face. It brings both wings down on Zander Whitestag, though a quick move by Zander with an arrow pointed straight up causes the dragon to pull one of its wings back right as the other slaps him hard.

BATTLEMENTS - SOUTH
Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: None

AIR
Large Dragon 2: hp 115/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W
Medium Dragon 5: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
Medium Dragon 6: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

The remaining dragons simply spin through the air, soaring above the city and occasionally diving down towards it. The creatures no longer spit their flames, only capable of doing it once every few moments.


INITIATIVE
25 Zander (North Battlements)
24 Jemini (South Square)
19 Berrin (Center Square)
18 Akiros (Center Square)
13 Dragons (All)
12 Nikolai (Entrance)
8 Taisper (North Hall)
8 Verik (North Hall)

0 NPCs (All)

Nikolai, Taisper, and Verik are up. It's up to you to save the others!


Male Human Heretic 5 Master of Many Styles 1

Taisper remains where he is and calls out another spell. He knows his voice will give him away, and he hopes the dragon will fixate on this position since he will be abandoning it forthwith. As soon as he feels the familiar and comforting protective magics thrill through him, he invokes the gift of the lawgiver, imbuing his weapon with power to smite the enemies of his choice; in this case, dragons.

His protections summoned and prayers complete -- for the moment at least -- Taisper glides as silently as possible around the dragon, looking to take advantage of its preoccupation with Nikolai and move into a flanking position where he can do more damage. The inquisitor knows he's only going to get one shot at this, and he wants to make sure it's done right.

Round 2, Initiative 8
AC:25(26 vs. Humans) HP:30/30 Saves:F/R/W 6/3/10 CMB:5 CMD:16
Buffs: Invisible (2/50), Judgment Surge(Judgment class feature treated as level 8), Favored Judgment(Humanoids/Humans - all Judgments 1 higher vs. Humans), Judgment/Protection(+2AC), Judgment/Resistance(ER6 vs. Fire), Shield of Faith(+2AC, 1/10 rounds), Bane/Dragons(+2 to weapon enhancement, +2d6 damage)
Swift: Activate Bane: Dragons
SA: Cast Shield Of Faith
MA: Begin circling wide around dragon, preparing to move into flanking position and strike next round
Stealth check to not be seen/heard while moving, using Blessed Infiltration (1/3): 1d20 + 5 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 20 = 29 vs. 1d20 + 5 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 20 = 38
So that's a 38 stealth, then.


male human barbarian 4, ranger 3

Full attack w/ claws (Power Attack, rage, favored enemy) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
damage 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
damage 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


male human barbarian 4, ranger 3

The dragon moves its head aside, preparing to belch fire through the castle entrance and beyond. As it does so, Nikolai sees into the southern square. Jemini is cut down a spearcast into the courtyard by another dragon. As her enemy roars in triumph, Nikolai's savior collapses and begins to bleed black blood. It is the only thing that could have increased his rage.

The barbarian oaths violently over and over again, reaching for the heart of his own dragon with obsidian claws. His muscles pull taught as he thrusts both hands into the beasts chest and pushes upward, as if to lift it from the ground.

Combat Stats
AC: 16/11/15
Hp: 35/56
Status: rage


Male Human Cleric (Abadar) 6th / Fighter 1st / AC 25/10T/25F / HP 54 / F +10 R +3 W +11 / Init. +0 / Perc. +5 / Sense Motive +13

Round 2, Initiative 8
North Hall
HP 39/39; AC 10/10T/10F; Saves: +8F/+3R/+10W
Current Conditions: Prayer (+1 hit/dmg/saves to North Hall & Entrance Allies, -1 hit/dmg/saves to Entrance Med. Dragon)
Spell Durations: Prayer 5 rds.

Free: Speak
MA: Single 40’ Move towards Nikolai (1/2 way to Entrance loc)
SA: Cast Prayer

With the dreadful roars and cries echoing from outside and the savage carnage Nikolai and the red-scaled dragon are doing to each other, Verik now audibly utters his mantra of order and control to do what is necessary. He takes heart that Taisper is somewhere nearby him, the Champion of Abadar once again protected and shielded by the Master's power. He has to help him break through this beast's hide, has to somehow help Nikolai and perhaps Ivahn do the same if they are able. With determined resolves he steps forward towards the grisly, bloody fight at the entrance of the Founder's Hall and utters his most powerful incantation to turn back Chaos and Woe from their doorstep.

"Oh Abadar! Aid your servants in this time of dire need! Abadar! Abadar! Abadar! Once I call thee to shield our bodies from its flaming maw! Twice I call thee to give Cobblehoof's swift accuracy to breach its armor and rend its flesh! Thrice I call thee to give the Lawgiver's strength in crushing this beast to the earth! I beseech thee great Master!"

Through Verik's golden key symbol, a slight but growing chime of perfect tone can be heard, spreading across the Founder's Hall and up through the battle at the great doors. A soft diffuse golden light seems to brighten the Hall as well, casting a slight warmth that can be felt by those working to keep it from its enemies. Upon the dragon however, the chiming sound echoes angry and the light coalesces into golden motes that angrily buzz around it in distraction.

With a desire to keep Nikolai squarely between himself and the dragon, Verik prepares to move forward to him next to mend the wounds that he has suffered.

So factor in +1 Luck Bonus to Hit/Dmg/Saves/Skills if applicable, and the dragon conversely takes -1. Verik will be able to close to touch range of Nikolai next round with another single move action or channel as necessary.


ROUND 1, INITIATIVE 0

SQUARE - NORTH
Citizens: 10
Guardsmen: 0
Enemies: Medium Dragon 1: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

SQUARE - CENTER
Citizens: 15
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: Berrin (16/53), Akiros (19/56) (flanking)
Enemies: Large Dragon 1: hp 115/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W

SQUARE - SOUTH
Citizens: 7
Guardsmen: 3
Heroes: Jemini (-11/43)
Enemies: Medium Dragon 2: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

A trio of the guardsmen take up position over Jemini's still body. The dragon seems to have little interest in them or her as it turns towards the entrance. Their spears bristle in her defense while one of them presses his hands against her wounds.

CASTLE ENTRANCE
Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 2
Heroes: Nikolai (35/56)
NPC: Kesten, Ivahn
Enemies: Medium Dragon 3: hp 4/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

Ivahn and Kesten rush beside Nikolai. There is no love lost between him and Kesten, but at this moment they are comrades in arms. Kesten slashes with his battleaxe at the creature, spilling its hot blood on the threshold of the castle. Ivahn follows it up with a massive swing from his own greataxe, a blow that could likely fell a thick tree. He buries the axe in the dragon's chest, splintering bone and shredding scales. The dragon clings to life and ferocity, a testament to the power and might of the creatures.

FOUNDER'S HALL - NORTH
Citizens: 16
Guardsmen: 3
Heroes: Verik (39/39), Taisper (30/30)
NPCs: Alexey, Jhod

FOUNDER'S HALL - SOUTH
Citizens: 12
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: None
NPCs: Vinodragov

While Jhod rushes against the crowd to get to the entrance of the castle, Vinodragov completes his prayer. A white light briefly envelops the entire hall and shoots out into the courtyard. It isn't clear what happened until weapons and armor begin to appear for the defenders, materializing slowly in their hands and on their bodies. For some, such as Jemini, it may be too late.

STAIRS
Citizens: 6
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: None

BATTLEMENTS - NORTH
Citizens: 1
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: Zander (38/43)
NPCs: "Zander", Gregary
Enemies: Medium Dragon 4: hp 60/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

Orlovsky positions himself between Zander - the real Zander - unknowingly protecting the very man that he is replacing. "Keep shooting arrows!" He slashes forward with his blade, bravely warding the dragon off from being able to get at the Warden completely. The dragon screeches and shrieks at him. Gregary tries to fire an arrow from a few paces to the side, only to see it bounce off of the dragon's thick scales. A terrified citizen stumbles from the stairs into the battlements, freezing in fear at the top of the stairs.

BATTLEMENTS - SOUTH
Citizens: 0
Guardsmen: 0
Heroes: None

AIR
Large Dragon 2: hp 115/115, AC 22/10T/21FF/30CMD; +11F/+8R/+10W
Medium Dragon 5: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W
Medium Dragon 6: hp 85/85, AC 20/11T/19FF/25CMD; +9F/+7R/+9W

(All counts and stats are at the end of the round after all actions.)

At the beginning of your turn, roll 1d100. If you roll between 1-50, nothing happens. If you roll between 51-75, you get one of your items, whether it is a weapon or armor or a magic item - your choice. If you roll 75-90, you get two items of your choice. If you roll 91-99, you get all of them. If you roll 100, you get all of them and a secret surprise. Keep rolling until you've got all your normal equipment. Taisper and Verik get +10 on the final value, Jemini gets +5, and Nikolai gets -5. If you stop and pray to Abadar for a round, you can get one item automatically without a roll.


INITIATIVE
25 Zander (North Battlements)
24 Jemini (South Square)
19 Berrin (Center Square)
18 Akiros (Center Square)

13 Dragons (All)
12 Nikolai (Entrance)
8 Taisper (North Hall)
8 Verik (North Hall)
0 NPCs (All)

Zander, Jemini, Berrin, and Akiros are up.

851 to 900 of 2,051 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barcas - Kingmaker: Rivers Run Red All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.