Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Barcas - First Steps (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master Isaac Duplechain

A group of Pathfinders embarks on their first missions, discovering that things in the Society are not as simple as delving dungeons and discovering treasures.


351 to 400 of 428 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

"Of course we stick together -- just not bunched up, in case of things that splash, explode, or otherwise spread out. I think that more important questions are whether to stay and where to go."

"Do we want to know who set this up, and how much? Do we want to question anyone, and if so how? We can't kidnap someone in front of the guards, or even just knock him out and rifle through his stuff. That leaves going into that alley to get someone -- and that seems foolish, since they're obviously well-prepared enough to *want* us to do that."

"Okay, I've talked myself into turning around and going back, and finding another way to the Lodge... or... hmmm. We could try finding another way to that alleyway, approaching it from the other side, and seeing what we can see." Dasiji holds his chin in his right hand and his right elbow in his left hand, as he considers the options.

Sczarni

Male Human Rogue 1 (Knife Master archetype)

Kehl palms two daggers as he scans the crowd, watching.

Sleight of hand, taking ten for 18 or 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 if opposed

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard 3

"We could play along with their ruse... make our way into the alley and turn the tables on these miscreants. Though I dare say if we delay much longer we might lose the element of surprise. At least, the element of... denying them their assumed surprise... with a surprise of our own." Yeah... that's it...

Sczarni

Male Human Rogue 1 (Knife Master archetype)

Kehl blinks at the chatty bard, then his face twists into a confused scowl.

"That... makes no sense. I think?"


Waiting on y'all to settle on a plan.

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Dasiji chuckles. "I get what you're saying, Quintus, and it's true, but... They chose the location, chose their numbers, and chose their positions. Even if we surprise them by not being surprised, I doubt that they will be throwing confetti. We'll still be at a disadvantage, and it could be fatal."

"I'm fine with either finding another way to the Lodge, or finding a way to the other side of that alley; but I don't want to stay, and I don't want to just walk into an ambush that we were lucky to notice."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

I'm back. Virus on work machine Friday

Astyannax listens to the others, keeping the alley mouth in his view.

"Fine. Let's head back and look for another way to the Lodge. But be ready for them to follow. They didn't set all this up just to watch us skip it."

Maybe we could set up an ambush of our own

"I'll take the rear."

Sczarni

Male Human Rogue 1 (Knife Master archetype)

"Better idea: You all turn and leave, I'll hide in the crowd. If they move to follow you, I will come up behind them. If they stay here, I will catch up with you."

Not waiting for confirmation, Kehl moves off to blend in to the crowd.

Stealth check, or taking ten for 17 if possible: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


GM Rolls:
Perception
Deandre Dulay 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Halli Fosta 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Larkin Waever 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Ledford 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Kehl slips into the crowd to follow their mysterious stalkers while Astyannax leads the others back to find another route back to the Grand Lodge. They seem so focused on the others that they don't notice the Varisian. They are four in number, and familiar once spotted. The group has been following them off and on throughout the day, consisting of two human females, a human male, and a male halfling. They return out of the alley as Astyannax, Dasiji, and Quintus take the long way around the dancing troupe, though none of them (except maybe the halfling, who simply looks ready to snap) pay Kehl any mind.

The Pathfinders take the better part of a half hour walking to the next entrance to the Foreign Quarter, a rarely-used corridor long-ignored because of its narrowness and discomfort. A few citizens move along with them, as do their predators, but it would be a fine opportunity to turn the tables on them.

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Dasiji mutters at the two next to him. "Think we could take them?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Astyannax looks at the narrow confines of the entrance before them.

"We probably have to. I don't think they're going to give up. And I'm not hiding in the Lodge."

He studies the corridor, looking for any strategic advantages.

Perception
1d20 ⇒ 19

"I think I can block the way, but that wouldn't stop a spellcaster if they have one."

He looks at Quintus with a grin.

They have a couple of women. I suppose you could just charm them into swooing over you"

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard 3

Quintus smirks at the cavalier, "Just the women? You underestimate the allure of a trained actor. Unfortunately I can only fascinate one, and only if no one makes any threatening moves. Now, if you want them asleep, I could manage that."

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Dasiji nods approvingly. "Sleep sounds good. I think that we should confront them and try to talk first, and then if talking fails, avoid lethal force until they use it. So far, they haven't done worse to us than follow us around, scowl, and maybe arrange for some street art."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Astyannax looks at Dasiji disbelievingly.

"You think they staged all THAT just to have a chat? Maybe buy us some tea?"

He shakes his head. Looks at the other three. "We either talk first or set up an ambush. I don't see how we can do both. And we're about out of time."

He looks back the way they came.

"What's it to be? I say we set up the ambush, let Quintus put them down if he can and we see how they respond, weapons at the ready."

He raises an eyebrow and waits for an answer.


Waiting on you guys to make up your minds.

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard 3

Quintus winces, "There is a caveat to this plan... it will take several seconds for me to complete the spell. Still, I think it's worth a go. We did manage to bag a creature from the Hells. I'm pretty sure these people won't be much of a problem."

Sczarni

Male Human Rogue 1 (Knife Master archetype)

Kehl continues shadowing the ones following his companions.

What are they waiting for? The time is now! he thinks, and curses inwardly at his own impetuousness. We... I should have planned more thoroughly!

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Dasiji clenches his jaw at Astyannax's mockery. "It's not what *I* think, it's what we can prove if called to account. Ambush it is, but I'll be using my sap until they use something worse. And if it will take Quintus that long, then we need to get in their faces so that they can't just throw things at him."


GM Rolls:
Initiative
Astyannax 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Dasiji 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Deandre 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Halli 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Kehl 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Larkin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Ledford1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Quintus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

INITIATIVE
22a Kehl*
22b Quintus*
21a Astannax*
21b Halli
20 Larkin
9 Dasiji*
3a Deandre
3b Ledford
*Can act in the surprise round

The Pathfinders jump into action as one group, turning to confront their stalkers. The sudden flurry of movement startles the citizens, who look ready to bolt. The four followers also look surprised, unprepared to have the tables turned on them. With the close look, they are the same group that has been following them all day: a blonde (and shapely) human female, a brunette human female, a dark-haired plain-looking human male, and a crazed-looking halfling with fair hair and a handlebar mustache.

Sczarni

Male Human Rogue 1 (Knife Master archetype)

Kehl will move within striking distance, daggers out. He waits for his companions to act before deciding a course of action.

Hold action

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard 3

Surprise Round, Initiative 22b
hp 10/10; 16AC/12T/14FF; +1F/+4R/+2W
5/7 Bardic Performance

SA: Begin full-round action to cast sleep.

Quintus turns and begins to recite from a Kelish historical play, The Life and Times of Satrap Xemones IV, quite possibly one of the most boring acts to be shown on stage.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Surprise Round: Initiative 21a
Astyannax draws his sword and moves quickly towards the group, aiming towards anyone that looks like a spellcaster.

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Round 1 (Surprise), Initiative 9
hp 10/12; 16AC/13T/13FF; +4F/+5R/+2W

MA: Move 20'
FA: Draw weapon
FA: Speech

Dasiji draws his sap and moves with all deliberate speed toward the other group, especially that fierce halfling. Shimye-Magalla only knows what he's capable of. "Don't worry, I don't want to kill anyone today. I just want to go through your pockets and find out why you tried to ambush us."


Dasiji, then back to the top with Quintus and Astyannax. They're all surprised.

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard 3

Round 1, Initiative 22b
hp 10/10; 16AC/12T/14FF; +1F/+4R/+2W
5/7 Bardic Performance

SA: End full-round action to cast sleep.
MA: Grab whip.

Quintus finishes his sleep spell (Will DC 14 negates), he pulls his whip from his belt and stands ready to defend himself from anyone left standing.

I'll try to get as many of them as possible in sleep's 10-ft. radius burst.


Have to have Dasiji's action first.

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard 3

Dasiji posted... do you mean Kehl?

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Look at me, I'm invisible! ;) But seriously, if you can't see my Thursday post in this thread, then check Dasiji's posts. It's there.


GM Rolls:
Deandre 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Halli 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Larkin 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Ledford 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The ambushers' poor tactical sense shows itself in them walking too close together. A cleverer group would have spread out more, but they would not be trying to ambush Pathfinders if they were clever. Two of them - the blonde woman dressed in a green silk dress and the plain-looking man in a heavy coat - collapse suddenly as Quintus's magic affects them. The halfling looks enraged by the slight and ready to charge, while the red-haired woman looks grim and determined.

INITIATIVE
22 Quintus
21a Astannax
21b Halli
20 Larkin
9a Kehl
9b Dasiji
3a Deandre
3b Ledford

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Just to clarify: Quintus has gone, so Astyannax is up next -- and then Kehl and I, since the two that fell asleep were Halli and Larkin?


Right, unless someone awakens the two that collapsed.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Round 1, Initiative 21b
hp 12/12; 19AC/12T/17FF; +3F/+2R/+1W

Astyannax sees two of the figures crumple to the ground, unconscious.

Nice, Quint

He continues moving, angling towards the red-haired woman. She was a brunette a second ago...

You'll not be casting on me, woman

FA: Speaks clearly, but not yelling,
"Surrender, woman!"

He attacks her with a swing of the sword, aiming at her arm.
Just a little flavor. Wanted to convey I'm not trying to cleave her in two

ATTACK 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
DAMAGE 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Of course, there's little chance I'll hurt her, anyways...


INITIATIVE
22 Quintus
21a Astannax
21b Halli
20 Larkin
9a Kehl
9b Dasiji

3a Deandre
3b Ledford

The highjackers are caught off-guard by the sudden attacks, magical and otherwise, but the redhead manages to scramble back and avoid Astyannax's half-hearted swing. As two of their number snooze, the others try their best to regain any sort of advantage.

Red-haired Female: 12/12 hp; 16 AC/12T/14FF; +2F/+1R/+5W
Brown-haired Male (asleep): 10/10 hp; 17 AC/13T/14FF; +1F/+5R/+0W
Blonde Female (asleep): 8/8 hp; +1F/+2R/+1W
Blond-haired Halfling Male: 17/17 hp; 15 AC/11T/13FF; +7F/+3R/+4W

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Round 2 (if you count the surprise round), Initiative 9
hp 10/12; 16AC/13T/13FF; +4F/+5R/+2W

MA: Move up to 20' as necessary
FA: Speech
SA: Attack, sap vs. halfling 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
-> Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dasiji closes with the angry halfling. "I'll try to make this quick, but I can't promise painless." The ex-guard swings his lead-filled leather sap down at an angle, attempting to brain his much shorter foe; but he only strikes a glancing blow.

Sczarni

Male Human Rogue 1 (Knife Master archetype)

Kehl, unsure if he should hold back, sheathes his daggers as he moves up behind the woman and attempts to trip her.

Combat Maneuver: Trip 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Round 1, Initiative 3

Deandre
SA: Channel negative energy 1d26 ⇒ 4 (DC 11, Fortitude half)
-> Astannax 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 (2 damage)
-> Dasiji 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 (4 damage)
-> Deandre 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 (2 damage)
-> Halli 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 (2 damage)
-> Kehl 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 (2 damage)
-> Larkin 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (4 damage)
-> Ledford 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 (2 damage)
MA: Stand (provokes from Astyannax, Dasiji)

The woman with the red hair curses as Kehl drives her to the ground. "Halli, Larkin, wake up you fools! Ledford, kill them! Kill them all!" She shrieks with spite and malice, causing a malicious dark energy to seep out from her. It touches everyone except Quintus, causing bloody welts and sores as it dissipates. She stands, not quite cautiously, leaving herself open to a strike from both Astyannax and Dasiji.

Ledford
MA: 5' step to flank with Deandre
SA: Greataxe vs. Dasiji 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The halfling swings in a frothing rage, shouting in a shrill voice. "I'll kill you! Deandre! Out of my way!" He chops at Dasiji's leg with all his might, clearly having brutal strength despite his size. Dasiji is barely able to dodge out of the way, eliciting a curse of frustration from the halfling. The axe swing would have surely taken off his leg had it struck true.

Red-haired Female (Deandre): 10/12 hp; 16 AC/12T/14FF; +2F/+1R/+5W
Brown-haired Male (Larkin): 6/10 hp; 13 AC/9T/10FF; +1F/+5R/+0W (prone)
Blonde Female (Halli): 6/8 hp; 8AC/8T/6FF; +1F/+2R/+1W (prone)
Blond-haired Halfling Male (Ledford): 15/17 hp (3 nonlethal); 15 AC/11T/13FF; +7F/+3R/+4W

Astyannax and Kehl are flanking Deandre, while Dasiji is flanked by Ledford and Deandre.

Initiative Reminder:

INITIATIVE
22 Quintus
21a Astannax

21b Halli
20 Larkin
9a Kehl
9b Dasiji
3a Deandre
3b Ledford

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Round 1, Initiative 3
6/12 hp; 16AC/13T/13FF; +4F/+5R/+2W

AoO: sap vs. Deandre 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Miss
FA: Speech

Dasiji tries to take advantage of Deandre not being able to defend herself well while standing up, but he is rather distracted and in pain from the sudden sores that magically appeared on his body. "That's it! No more holding back! Give them all you've got!"

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard 3

Round 2, Initiative 22
hp 10/10; 16AC/12T/14FF; +1F/+4R/+2W
5/7 Bardic Performance

MA: Move to within 15 ft. of Ledford
SA: Whip trip vs. Ledford 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Hearing that the group means to kill him and his companions, Quintus approaches the halfling with grim determination, and with a flick of his arm snaps his whip at the man's legs to try to bring him down.

If his CMD is 18+, I'll drop the whip.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Good thing we gave them a chance instead of preparing a real ambush... Astyannax thinks, sourly.

ROUND 2, INITIATIVE 22a
hp 10/12; 19AC/12T/17FF; +3F/+2R/+1W

Astyannax is disgusted as a blast of unclean energy washes over him. He grimaces in pain as sores and welts appear on his body.

"You'll pay for that, witch!"

ATTACK 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
DAMAGE 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

No longer worried about niceties, Astyannax swings like someone doing his life's work.

FA "Somebody kill the two sleepers!"


Round 2, Initiative 21

Halli
MA: Stand, 5 foot step away
SA: Magic Missile vs. Quintus 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Awakened by the pain of the sores and dark energy of Deandre's malignant magic, the one she called Halli sits up with a deranged laugh. The blonde woman throws her shawl off and stands, howling with a near-insane cackle. She takes a few steps backwards and holds her hands outstretched towards Quintus. Each of her hands has an extra finger, making her gesture looking even stranger. Jets of blue arcane energy shoots out of her hands and slams straight into Quintus, who steps back with an oof as it singes his clothing with ozone.

Larkin
FA: Stand - Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
MA: Stand, 5 foot step adjacent to Dasiji(not flanking)
SA: Rapier vs. Dasiji 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The plain-looking man tries to leap up quickly but gets caught up in his coat, causing him to get up normally. He adopts a rapier stance while pulling out the fencer's weapon, and takes two quick steps towards Dasiji. The guard is currently trapped between two enemies, something that the man seems intent on exploiting. He thrusts with vigor, but it catches Dasiji's leather armor and is deflected. He says nothing as he attacks, seeming rather bored by the entire affair.

Stats & Initiative:

Red-haired Female (Deandre): 1/12 hp; 16 AC/12T/14FF; +2F/+1R/+5W
Brown-haired Male (Larkin): 6/10 hp; 17 AC/13T/14FF; +1F/+5R/+0W
Blonde Female (Halli): 6/8 hp; 12AC/12T/10FF; +1F/+2R/+1W
Blond-haired Halfling Male (Ledford): 15/17 hp (3 nonlethal); 15 AC/11T/13FF; +7F/+3R/+4W

INITIATIVE
22 Quintus
21a Astannax
21b Halli
20 Larkin
9a Kehl
9b Dasiji

3a Deandre
3b Ledford

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

@ Astyannax: I think that could count as your AoO against Deandre in round 1, in which case you still have your round 2 action to take. (Since it was your omission, probably best treated as delaying until after Halli and Larkin; you didn't realize the other two had been awakened by the dark energy, or something like that.) Also, Deandre might not be a problem by that time, depending on the following...

@ Kehl & DM: I think that Kehl could only sheathe one dagger with a single move action, and only needed one hand free to trip, so I believe that he should get an AoO against Deandre too.


Just roll with what's been done. Kehl and Dasiji are up!

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Okey doke! I take it that since Ledford and Larkin only took 5' steps, Larkin isn't flanking me, Astyannax and I are both adjacent to Deandre, and she hasn't moved, that I can get away from being adjacent to any enemies by taking a 5' step diagonally away from Ledford. If I'm picturing it correctly.

Round 2, Initiative 9
6/12 hp; 16AC/13T/13FF; +4F/+5R/+2W

NA: 5' step diagonally away from Ledford
MA: Move 5' diagonally toward Quintus, then another 5' back next to him (15' from Ledford)
FA: drop sap
FA: draw javelin
SA: Attack w/Deadly Aim, javelin vs. Ledford 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 1 = 12
-> 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5 damage
FA: draw lucerne hammer

Suddenly afraid for his life, Dasiji shuffles back a little from the scary halfling, then moves next to Quintus. The quick ranger drops his sap, draws his javelin and throws it at Ledford in a blur of motion, then draws his long polearm. He remains silent, focusing on the deadly enemies.

AoO if Ledford approaches:
AoO: lucerne hammer vs. Ledford 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
-> 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage

Sczarni

Male Human Rogue 1 (Knife Master archetype)

Cursing at great length in Varisian, Kehl draws his daggers again, and darts after the rapier wielding man assailing Dasiji, but misses wildly in his haste.

MA: Move to flank Larkin, drawing daggers
SA: Attacking Larkin with both daggers. (please adjust if my rolls are incorrecct)
[ooc]attack 1
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
attack 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Dasiji, you can't take a 5' step and a move action in the same round. That should have triggered attacks of opportunity, but we'll just keep on trucking.

Round 2, Initiative 3

Deandre
SA: Cast cure light wounds defensively (DC 17) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
MA: 5' step away

Pinned between two enemies, Deandre has little choice. Stumbling backwards, she tries to cast a spell to heal herself, but the challenge is too great. A light briefly sparks in her hands, but dies out as she takes a few steps away from them. She is no longer facing enemies on each side, but Astyannax is still close enough to reach her easily. "Norgorber will have you, fools!"

Ledford
MA: 5' step to flank with Deandre
SA: Greataxe vs. Astyannax 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

The halfling watches Dasiji go and turns his attention to Astyannax. The armored, powerful-looking Pathfinder is his kind of enemy. "Hey, you! I'm gonna tear you in half!" He takes a few quick steps and gets behind Astannax, who is still advancing on Deandre. He brings his axe up high and down into his back, but it clangs on his armor without piercing it.

Astannax is between Ledford and Deandre, and threatens both. No one threatens Halli, Quintus, or Dasiji. Larkin and Kehl threaten one another.

Stats & Initiative:

Red-haired Female (Deandre): 1/12 hp; 16 AC/12T/14FF; +2F/+1R/+5W
Brown-haired Male (Larkin): 6/10 hp; 17 AC/13T/14FF; +1F/+5R/+0W
Blonde Female (Halli): 6/8 hp; 12AC/12T/10FF; +1F/+2R/+1W
Blond-haired Halfling Male (Ledford): 15/17 hp (3 nonlethal); 15 AC/11T/13FF; +7F/+3R/+4W

INITIATIVE
22 Quintus
21a Astannax

21b Halli
20 Larkin
9a Kehl
9b Dasiji
3a Deandre
3b Ledford

Taldor

Male Human (Taldan) Bard 3

Single-digit dice rolls for everyone!

Round 3, Initiative 22
hp 6/10; 16AC/12T/14FF; +1F/+4R/+2W
5/7 Bardic Performance

MA: Grab a flask of alchemist's fire.
SA: Lob it at Halli! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 -2 for every 10 ft. Oh, hey, another 1-digit d20 roll.
NA: 5-ft. step to stay within 15 ft. of Ledford.

Quintus quickly checks his clothing for any signs of permanent damage before snarling at the caster, "You better hope that didn't leave a mark!" He pulls out one of the flasks of alchemist's fire they found earlier and tosses it at Halli.

1d8 ⇒ 3

His aim is off, however, and the flask crashes to the ground in a burst of flame to the left of his intended target.

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

<facepalm> I keep forgetting that. I'll get it down eventually.


Waiting on Astyannax to post.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Will go with round 2 attack, then round 3

Round 2: Initiative 21
hp 10/12; 19AC/12T/17FF; +3F/+2R/+1W

Astyannax is still focused on the woman in front of him, his sword continuing to menace her.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Round 3: Initiative 21
hp 10/12; 19AC/12T/17FF; +3F/+2R/+1W

He senses a presence behind him as he continues to press the red haired woman and then feels a jarring impact on his back. Immediately realizing that his armor turned aside the blow and he is not bleeding, he continues his attack, hoping to finish off the woman so he can turn his attention to his attacker.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Man, my rolls are terrible


Astyannax, I'm not sure why you attacked her twice. You moved in Round 2 in this post. It doesn't matter, since the first attack dropped her into the negatives.

Round 3, Initiative 21

Halli
MA: Move 10' from Quintus
SA: Cast color spray
-> Quintus Will save (DC 14) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

As the red-haired woman drops, cut down by Astyannax's longsword, the blonde woman dodges out of the way of Quintus's thrown alchemist fire. She laughs as it erupts in flame behind her. "Oh, how pretty! How pretty!" She dances forward gracefully towards Quintus and extends her hand, shooting a spray of multi-colored light. Quintus covers his face with his hand while she shrieks in delight. When the color fades, she lets out an exaggerated sigh of disappointment as she sees that he was not affected.

Round 3, Initiative 20

Larkin
MA: Acrobatics to avoid Kehl's AOO (DC 17) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
-> Move to flank Astyannax with Ledford
SA: Rapier vs. Astyannax 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
-> Damage 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (5) = 13

The plain-looking man feints an attack on Kehl, then uses the momentum to roll into a run while Kehl defends himself against a phantom attack. Larkin jogs up to Astyannax as the armored Pathfinder turns to fight the enraged halfling. Casually, Larkin finds a weak spot in the neck of the armor and thrusts his rapier into it. Astyannax drops instantly in a heavy clang of metal, unconscious and bleeding onto the street.

Ledford shouts in rage at Larkin. "He was mine! Mine! Ahhhhhh!" He sets his sights on Dasiji, pointing to him with his tiny hand. "You're next!"

Initiative & Stats:
Red-haired Female (Deandre): -6/12; unconscious, dying
Brown-haired Male (Larkin): 6/10 hp; 17 AC/13T/14FF; +1F/+5R/+0W
Blonde Female (Halli): 6/8 hp; 12AC/12T/10FF; +1F/+2R/+1W
Blond-haired Halfling Male (Ledford): 15/17 hp (3 nonlethal); 15 AC/11T/13FF; +7F/+3R/+4W

INITIATIVE
22 Quintus
21a Astannax
21b Halli
20 Larkin
9a Kehl
9b Dasiji

3a Deandre
3b Ledford

351 to 400 of 428 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barcas - First Steps (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.