Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


4,351 to 4,392 of 4,392 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

Month 13 IC

With a smile upon his face, the baron Greenwood rests a hand on the High Priest's shoulder.

Father Jhod, the time is finally upon us. Work on the restoration of the ancient temple begins today and shall be done in a couple of months. I'll need you to guide the working men on the process to preserve as much of the original structure as possible.

Walking down his seat, he announces for the council:

The rest of us will keep up our good work through the coming days. I'll just need each of you to take a couple days out of your routine to meet our master sculptor. He's to build a couple of statues and memorials to honor those killed by the beasts and commemorate our slaying of them. I believe it will be good for the morale of our people to know we stand between them and any harm to come. Aaand bring a good sketch artist to make a rendition of Telias from our memories.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

As Carina hears Bron's pronouncement, she turns to him: That should not be difficult. Isn't his likeness simply an unkept beard with sticks sticking out of it.

With this, the rather pregnant looking Baroness cracks a smile and then laughs out loud.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Bron wrote:
"The rest of us will keep up our good work through the coming days. I'll just need each of you to take a couple days out of your routine to meet our master sculptor. He's to build a couple of statues and memorials to honor those killed by the beasts and commemorate our slaying of them."

"I am not sure that I really deserve a statue of me in our capital. I mean, my contribution was rather trivial. I simply cast a flaming sphere and burned one of the dragons, but that was about all. In fact, I was able to do most of that from the safety of a nearby barn where I had plenty of cover. Perhaps we could get the master sculptor to make a wonderful likeness of my dear Alicia instead."


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

Bronwyn, after recovering himself from the laughter, suggests:

Perhaps we oughtta consult him - I shudder to think what his reaction might be when he visits us and finds himself immortalized in stone.


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

But you were an important part of the group that made all this possible, Zorestar. Although we have taken this situation to erect the monument, we need to celebrate all those who made it possible for our realm to rise. And you were a fundamental part of that, my friend.

Approaching the strangely humble wizard, Bron continues:

Without your spells and your arcane expertise we would not be here in this position. So just accept that and let us honor your continued efforts to educate and enlighten us.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

After hearing Bron's response, Carina thinks for a few minutes.

Is it best to create a monument to ourselves? We can create a monument of our likenesses to celebrate the founding of this great land, but I think a monument of the two wyverns in battle being attacked by the troops trained by Ganit and James would be more fitting. It was not just the six of us who defeated these monsters, it was the forces drawn from the people of this land. Lets create a monument that shows the wyverns being taken down with a plaque naming all those who fought in this battle.

She pauses for a moment:
Considering the unrest the Swordlords to the north cause and the chaotic nations of the River Kingdoms to the south, I have no doubt that there will be many more victories which we can celebrate with monuments to the generals who lead them, but lets make this first victory about the people, the individuals who left their families and farms and put their lives at risk to restore the safety of the land.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Bronwyn Greenwood wrote:

But you were an important part of the group that made all this possible, Zorestar. Although we have taken this situation to erect the monument, we need to celebrate all those who made it possible for our realm to rise. And you were a fundamental part of that, my friend.

Approaching the strangely humble wizard, Bron continues:

Without your spells and your arcane expertise we would not be here in this position. So just accept that and let us honor your continued efforts to educate and enlighten us.

"Very well, Sir Greenwood. I will permit the statues, but kindly let's not a big deal about it. So where are you to place these sculptures. Are they to all be together in the square, or can I expect my own likeness to inhabit a corner of our library?"


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Although Zorestar has asked permission from Lord Varn for his daughter's hand in marriage, the wizard has not actually proposed. Here is the retcon of that moment.

Zorestar takes Alicia out to a secluded spot under a tree at the edge of the lake just outside of Evergreen. They sit for a while enjoying each others company, when Zorestar suddenly stands and says "Hmm? What is this in my pocket, my dear? I believe this is for you."

Using his mage hand, Zorestar takes a golden gem encrusted ring (which he procured from a trader from Brevoy) and gently floats it over to Alicia. "My dearest Alicia. Will you accept this ring along with its many sides, as a symbol of my love for you. With it, I offer you my hand with a promise of holy matrimony, if you so desire my company for the rest of our lives?"


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:

Although Zorestar has asked permission from Lord Varn for his daughter's hand in marriage, the wizard has not actually proposed. Here is the retcon of that moment.

Zorestar takes Alicia out to a secluded spot under a tree at the edge of the lake just outside of Evergreen. They sit for a while enjoying each others company, when Zorestar suddenly stands and says "Hmm? What is this in my pocket, my dear? I believe this is for you."

Using his mage hand, Zorestar takes a golden gem encrusted ring (which he procured from a trader from Brevoy) and gently floats it over to Alicia. "My dearest Alicia. Will you accept this ring along with its many sides, as a symbol of my love for you. With it, I offer you my hand with a promise of holy matrimony, if you so desire my company for the rest of our lives?"

Alicia is taken-aback by this but smiles widely towards Zorestar.

"Of course my love. I would be honored." she smiles as she accepts the ring. "My father will be so thrilled!"


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar smiles in great delight! "Splendid! Splendid!" He claps his hands! "Let us plan a wonderful gathering where our friends can celebrate with us and we can be joined together for the rest of our lives!"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

1d100 ⇒ 42

no event for this month. You gain the following items: +2 hide armour and feather token (fan)


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

As with the Belt, Telias will have to make a decision as to whether he wants the +2 Hide Armor.


M Human Druid 5
Carina Stigard wrote:
As with the Belt, Telias will have to make a decision as to whether he wants the +2 Hide Armor.

How does that work?


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

We rolled up +2 Hide Armor. I do not know whether you would want it, so we are holding off on selling it for BP. If you want it, you can buy it from the city, if not, Bron will make a Econ check and, if successful, we get some BP for it. Since you are the only one with any interest in Hide Armor, especially a nice +2 coat of dead raccoons and rabbits, I figured we would give you the option before selling it off on the open market.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
We rolled up +2 Hide Armor. I do not know whether you would want it, so we are holding off on selling it for BP. If you want it, you can buy it from the city, if not, Bron will make a Econ check and, if successful, we get some BP for it. Since you are the only one with any interest in Hide Armor, especially a nice +2 coat of dead raccoons and rabbits, I figured we would give you the option before selling it off on the open market.

correction. Magic dead racoons and rabbits.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

so is that a yay or nay on the magic items being sold off?


M Human Druid 5

Sell it, I'm more caster than fighter anyway. I want to avoid being a situation where I'll even need the AC.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Telias Markan wrote:
Sell it, I'm more caster than fighter anyway. I want to avoid being a situation where I'll even need the AC.

Fair enough. In my RL game, that generally makes you a target, which is why my Gnome is walking around with AC 45.


Should've read ahead and did htis earlier, but nvm

You are approched after your 15th month by a ruddy, friendly and energetic man named Loy Rezbin as he approches he and his wife bow to you all.
"Lords and Lady, we wish to ask for you help in establishing a city to the west. We were hoping to have it built on the very sight you smote the Tatzlwyrms for Oleg. We have had these plans for sometime and if you promise to help us build it up, we will lend all our skills to you." he proclaims and bows, awaiting your word.

It will still be your place, they just wish to build it up and to be the mayors of it. If you accept then they will effectively half the price of the first castle, temple, market, tavern, or inn built in the new village due to their skill at building work. You won't need to do it now, but when you have time.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"His words make sense. Why that site, Citizen Rezbin?"


Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"His words make sense. Why that site, Citizen Rezbin?"

"Me and my wife had been planning on building there for some time, but those pesky creatures where there. now that they are gone we would like to build the village there. It is also close to the boarder to the west so we might get some interest in trade, but so far the people in charge have remained silent, mentioning that they do not wish to open trade routes yet as they have been dealing with dangerous barbarians a boggard tribe in the swamps." he states to Jameson. "We are safe there. We are far enough away from their swamp for the Boggards not to bother us and the Barbarians are attacking their kingdom as it is their ancestral homes and have no interest in the greenbelt."


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

The baron looks curiously at the newcomer.

We are pleased to have you and your wife in our lands, mister Rezbin, and even more joyous on the prospect of having our efforts combined in building this realm. Bur I fear I would be remiss about not trying to persuade you to establish your settlement in another area. The woods are not yet completely safe nor explored. We have lovely lands by our many rivers, gentler grasslands and hills, more easily protected and fortified than a clearing in the heart of the woods. I would sleep more easily knowing that in such a spot you, your wife and your family would be safe under our vigilant protection.

Diplomacy check if needed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar sits back stroking his beard as he listens to Loy Rezbin. Finally he sits forward and speaks.

"Master Rezbin, I am Zorestar Lebeda, the Magister of Vertaria, and I have just a few questions for you. How strongly do you feel about educating the people of the land. Would you be willing to commit to schools, libraries, and teachers in your settlement?"


M Human Druid 5

*continues being a crazed hermit*


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ditto.


Bronwyn Greenwood wrote:

The baron looks curiously at the newcomer.

We are pleased to have you and your wife in our lands, mister Rezbin, and even more joyous on the prospect of having our efforts combined in building this realm. Bur I fear I would be remiss about not trying to persuade you to establish your settlement in another area. The woods are not yet completely safe nor explored. We have lovely lands by our many rivers, gentler grasslands and hills, more easily protected and fortified than a clearing in the heart of the woods. I would sleep more easily knowing that in such a spot you, your wife and your family would be safe under our vigilant protection.

Diplomacy check if needed: 1d20+11

"Don't worry, we have scouted the area with some interested people and we can secure the area without it being cleared. We have dreamed up setting up this place for sometime and we can take care of ourselves." he smiles to the group "We will be able to look after ourselves, don't worry."


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

The baron nods affirmingly.

All right, mister Rezbin. Ours is a welcoming people, almost all which are from other lands and cultures. Respect our laws, respect our people and you will find us kind and protecting folks.

Although he doesn't continue the sentence, it's evident there's an "or else" there somewhere.

But it will take time. Development in the woods is slow and troublesome. We'll find you and your folk a place to stay during the process. Welcome to Vertaria, Lord Loy Rezbin., Bronwyn offers, along with an open hand.


Bronwyn Greenwood wrote:

The baron nods affirmingly.

All right, mister Rezbin. Ours is a welcoming people, almost all which are from other lands and cultures. Respect our laws, respect our people and you will find us kind and protecting folks.

Although he doesn't continue the sentence, it's evident there's an "or else" there somewhere.

But it will take time. Development in the woods is slow and troublesome. We'll find you and your folk a place to stay during the process. Welcome to Vertaria, Lord Loy Rezbin., Bronwyn offers, along with an open hand.

Loy takes his hand and shakes it with gratitude.

"Thank you, Duke. Hail the kingdom of Vertaria. may it grow and prosper." he smiles widely as he says this.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

As the months go on, the Baroness' occasional fiery temper more frequently swings and on more than one occasion, the Baron decided to terminate a meeting.

Despite being close to childbirth, Carina continues to take daily walks through the town and to speak with the citizens, whether they be children or adults, peasants or craftsmen. Carina also is frequently seen sitting on her favorite large rock looking out over the lake where she wonders what the lands to the south hold. Rumors abound of trolls and evil fey and other unnamed horrors. And beyond that are the lands of the bandit kings. Micro kingdoms which rise and fall as fast as the sun and moon.

One day while sitting looking out toward the lake:

Suddenly she sees the orcish witchdoctor walking toward her along the shore. He stops before her: Why do you sit here. You do not learn, you do not kill. You are a failure. The witchdoctor spits at her and turns to leave. But then he hesitates and turns back looking at her belly: No, there is another. You child. She shall be a great leader. I shall teach her how orcs fight. She shall redeem the honor you seem to have forgotten.

Carina is about to respond when suddenly the waters of the lake begin to ripple and from them walk two hideously deformed humanoids with blotchy green skin, matted hair and long talon like nails. While not as large as the one that has previously appeared in her dreams, these are equally horrible.

One of them speaks: Begone vile orc. You are nothing. Now begone before we destroy you. Turning back to Carina, the hag continues: You can no longer resist our call. You have no tie to this place. These are not your people, you are not one of them. Come to us. Join the coven and we shall show you true power.

Unsure of how to respond to this new nightmare, Carina simple stares in horror. When she realizes that they are addressing her, she breaks out of her fear: NO. I am not whatever you are. This is my town. My people. I rule this land for good, not evil. I love my husband and we are one. I shall never come to your . . . your coven. You are nothing.

One of the hags then speaks: If you will not join you, then we shall destroy you. With that the hag reaches out a taloned hand and slashes a claw at Carina. Carina attempts to dodge, but the claw rips across her belly and she feels an incredible pain.

The next thing Carina realizes, she is in her bed and in incredible pain. Around her are several clerics and her midwife. Unsure of what has happened, she suddenly feels an incredible pain after which she hears a crying like a baby. Looking to her side, she sees Bron as his face suddenly changes from deep concern to joy. A second later, he is handed a beautiful crying baby.

And so came Katerina Greenwood into the world.

__________________

While the healing magic of Cayden and Erastil quickly eased the pain, Carina continues to have four red slashes across her stomach as though a large cat had slashed her and the wound never healed properly. The thing that nobody knows is how these wounds occurred.

One of Carina's guards reported that she was standing a few paces behind Carina when suddenly the Duchess fell from the stone on which she had been sitting. The guard immediately rushed to her fallen charge only to find that Carina's robe was ripped and four bloody slashes stretched across her swollen belly. The guards immediately carried Carina back to the castle and summoned Jhod and the midwives, but Carina remained unconscious for a day and resisted all attempts at healing before she suddenly awoke only moments before the birth of the next ruler of Vertaria.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

"The baby appears to be pre-mature, but healthy." Jhod smiles to the new parents. The child appears human and her eyes both the same colour. The same as her father's. The kingdom rejoyces and everyone comes to visit the child. Dhalia and Gwen too, with Gwen's own child wanting to see the new baby.
"We have the blessing of the woods to have such beautiful children born in these lands. This should be a sign to everyone that there is no danger here in these lands." Gwen tells the two parents, giving her own input on seeing such a child.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar approaches Carina after the birth of her child and looks but does not touch. "Congratulations, my dear, Carina. It appears you have a fine healthy child. You too appear to be recovering well. Have you given the child a name? Without the proper clothing color coding of blue for boy and pink for girl, it is difficult for me to tell, but is the child a male or a female?"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Zorestar approaches Carina after the birth of her child and looks but does not touch. "Congratulations, my dear, Carina. It appears you have a fine healthy child. You too appear to be recovering well. Have you given the child a name? Without the proper clothing color coding of blue for boy and pink for girl, it is difficult for me to tell, but is the child a male or a female?"

that raises a good point. Origonally pink was a masculin colour and men would wear it as a colour of strength so is this world like then or later where pink is now a female colour sterotypically...or just ignore me I'm thinking too much.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina dress Katerina in the national color mostly - green.

Carina smiles at Zorestar when he comes to see the child.

Foolish mage. So intelligent, yet so foolish. It is a girl, my daughter. She says this with a warm motherly look of mischief in her eyes. And while with your noble heritage, your family may have had sufficient money to buy special colored clothing for the children. But, I plan on dressing her in the colors of nature, beautiful greens and yellows. Look at this beautiful dress, it was given to me by the fey who live in the woods near here. Carina shows Zorestar a patterned dress of gold, green and yellow interwoven in the most intricate manner.


M Human Druid 5

And no Telias to warn you about gifts from the fair folk and small children. This will end in tears.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I am sure the evil fey are wandering around behind the surly druid collecting errant strands of his beard that got caught in bushes and then using them to weave wards to keep away happy spirits.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Carina Stigard wrote:
Foolish mage. So intelligent, yet so foolish. It is a girl, my daughter. She says this with a warm motherly look of mischief in her eyes. And while with your noble heritage, your family may have had sufficient money to buy special colored clothing for the children. But, I plan on dressing her in the colors of nature, beautiful greens and yellows. Look at this beautiful dress, it was given to me by the fey who live in the woods near here. Carina shows Zorestar a patterned dress of gold, green and yellow interwoven in the most intricate manner.

"Oh my goodness! She sure is a beautiful one! Do you need assistance in coming up with a name for her? I gladly offer my insight into a variety of lovely names. For example, I wonder if she has the look of an Ezmerelda? It does have a name with the roots of emerald green, much like her fine green jumper."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina simply rolls her eyes at the response of the mage:
Her name is Katerina Greenwood.

With that Carina gives the tiny girl a hug holding her close which causes the baby to let out a soft giggle.

With another mischievous grin, Carina then advises the wizard:
You should talk with your wife about this. I am sure she will enlighten you on naming conventions.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"Well, Katerina is such a lovely name too. It seems very fitting. So does she have a nurse that will take care of her, or will that responsibility fall directly to you? Will Sir Bronwyn take care of some of the care?"


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

Bronwyn walks in, smiling to see his family.

Yes, Zorestar, I will be of help as much as I can in the care and upbringing of our little girl.

He nods to Carina as he gently takes the baby into his arms.

You look like you could use some sleep, love. Let me deal with the girls, he offers, looking at Zorestar.

So you probably have one going your way sooner or later. This seems as good a time as most to learn how to change a baby's smallclothes. Maybe you have a spell for that?


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Bronwyn wrote:
"Yes, Zorestar, I will be of help as much as I can in the care and upbringing of our little girl."

"I am most impressed, my Lord. I am impressed that someone of your stature and responsibility would take such a participatory role in the raising of Katerina. I would have thought that you would have left that task to a nanny."

Bronwyn wrote:
"So you probably have one going your way sooner or later. This seems as good a time as most to learn how to change a baby's smallclothes. Maybe you have a spell for that?"

"Indeed a spell for the aroma would be most helpful. I am thinking of perhaps Gust of Wind. However, as I think about it, I am reminded of another spell that could make good use of the scent. There is a spell called Stinking Cloud that is so powerful that it can sometimes paralyze enemies within its noxious fumes."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

was thinking prestigitation as that can do very minor tricks and cleaning.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

While Carina is initially reticent to go out among the citizens soon after the birth of her beautiful daughter, within a month, she is again visiting with the workers and merchants. She frequently rides to the outlying farms to speak with the farmers and determine what their interests are.

But, in the late afternoon, the place she is most commonly found is sitting with her darling Katerina by the lake just south of the every growing capitol while staring across the water. What lies there just beyond the horizon? Over the lake are woods and hills. Who knows what is there. Rumors abound of trolls and boggards and other less than friendly races.

Soon, soon she thinks. Soon I will have to trust the good servants to care for my daughter for the heros must head south. This whole land was entrusted to us. Soon we must explore the south for the kingdom shall expand there next.

After wondering this, she returns to the castle to join her husband for the evening meal. Prepared by the servants if foreign dignitaries or merchants are around, or prepared by her if it is just the two of them.

4,351 to 4,392 of 4,392 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.