Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


401 to 450 of 4,392 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Oh! Oh no! Swaney! You just jinxed it! XD i know the feeling. Drakor hasn't hit anything either, and yet >.> Zayne has? tis very sad innit?


Male Human Bard 4

In the close quarters, Sir Bronwyn drops the lance and unsheats his sword, bringing it down the kobold's head.

"Come on Zayne, I'm at least one kobold ahead of 'ya!"

Move action: Draw sword. Standard: Attack kobold at E11. Attack roll (I think it's a +1 bonus if you're on higher ground, not sure if it includes being mounted): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 slashing damage.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

being mounted does not give u the higher ground bonus, i know this from playing a rly badass cavalier and i wanted to take the feat Death from Above. no dice unfortunately lolz


Male Human Bard 4

So just take out one point of the attack roll bonus for a total of 14 against the kobold's AC. I'm still getting a +1 from Cambyl, right?


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

considering that bless lasts for like hours or minutes per level yeah i believe we're all still getting it. no idea if u hit or not, Zayne got a 14 on the kobold on G6. hopefully we'll both have a kobold thing apiece :P...*weak laugh turns into sobbing* poor Drakor


Having just reread the section on mounted combat, you do get a +1. Also, however, you have to make DC 20 ride checks to handle a frightened mount untrained in combat, which we haven't been doing... As for that feat, Zayne, I think it more likely you couldn't take it because it involves charging from higher ground, not just being on higher ground.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4
Zayne Dragoneye Atchin wrote:
Oh! Oh no! Swaney! You just jinxed it! XD i know the feeling. Drakor hasn't hit anything either, and yet >.> Zayne has? tis very sad innit?

lol. Yup, the beauty of the d20. At first level even the 'robe-wearers' can become hard-hitting champions of death. I'm just glad these bad rolls are happening throughout the battle, even for the enemies. This encounter could've really smote us if the enemies rolled well.

EDIT: Cambyl is spot on. The reason I wanted a combat trained mount was to be able to have it attack while I attack, which is a DC 10 ride check.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Claps a hand across Swaney's mouth! Silence you fool! You're going to jinx that too!!! XD


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

@Cambyl Lolz that's why being a 5th Level Cavalier in my other in person game is great. You start with a combat-trained mount (began the game at lvl 1) that functions as a Druid's animal companion for levels. i don't have Herolab on my laptop right now :(


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Sorry about that, beeen spending the day trying out a metal bar.

Cambyl smites the Kobold with his weapon, acting like a hero as he claims the kill.

Tholamain's magic missiles thud into the Kobold, snapping it out of it's facination and getting it into fighting form.

Unfortunately for Ganit he misses once again, claiming the sun to be in his eyes.

Both the charging Drakor and Zayne miss, though Zayne's attack barely hits the Kobold, merely bouncing off it's leather armour.

Sir Bronwyn, showing the group how nobles fight stabs another Kobold, it snapping out of facination just as a blade enters it's belly.

Round 3

Order:

The Hermit Ganit D'Artain
Zayne Dragoneye Atchin & Drakor
Sir Bronwyn Raslov
Lukan Swane
Kobolds
Cambyl
Tholamin Medvyed

Lukan now I believe.

MAP


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

woah woah woah. As i understand it, the kobolds are sickened, which i believe is a -1 AC. Both Bronwyn and I got 14's, or 15's if we are using that horses grant higher ground. Why is it that I miss with a 14/15 but Bronwyn hits with a 14/15? im just a little confused here


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Zayne Dragoneye Atchin wrote:
woah woah woah. As i understand it, the kobolds are sickened, which i believe is a -1 AC. Both Bronwyn and I got 14's, or 15's if we are using that horses grant higher ground. Why is it that I miss with a 14/15 but Bronwyn hits with a 14/15? im just a little confused here

Sickened

Mounted Combat


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Dm aron could we please clarify who is getting the rules for mounted combat and who isnt? mounted combat has a lot of rules we aren't incorporating.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zayne Dragoneye Atchin wrote:
Dm aron could we please clarify who is getting the rules for mounted combat and who isnt? mounted combat has a lot of rules we aren't incorporating.

sorry, I forgot to look up the mounted combat rules. For this combat there is only one kobold left there is no point in using them in this combat or it'll confuse things. Concerning sickened Ganit has already answered that so I won't repeat. Also there will be many chances to be dismounted before entering combat.


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

I think the question is why is Browyn hitting on a 14 and not Zayne since both are supposedly mounted and blessed,

Guess thats only sticking point im seeing from all this


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Tholamin Medvyed wrote:

I think the question is why is Browyn hitting on a 14 and not Zayne since both are supposedly mounted and blessed,

Guess thats only sticking point im seeing from all this

I'd imagine its the fact that Zayne's attack is displayed as 14 and Bronwyn's is 15, it isn't the DM's responsibility to calculate our attack roles. Now that we're all clear on how mounted combat works and this terribly dreadful battle is finally over, we can incorporate the real rules from here on out. That is to say ride and concentration checks to anything on a horse and the fantastic penalties of using untrained mounts in combat. Anyone who checked that link would realize how messy our actions have been and we can take this encounter as a cautionary example. Next time everyone who gets into combat while on our current horses will have to pass a 20 ride check for control as move action, fail meaning your turn is wasted. I'd say we chalk this one up as a learning experience and move on to bigger brighter things.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Tholamin Medvyed wrote:

I think the question is why is Browyn hitting on a 14 and not Zayne since both are supposedly mounted and blessed,

Guess thats only sticking point im seeing from all this

Odd. According to what I have here Zayne got 14 and Bron got 15. Oh wait I see what you mean the +1 from being mounted he added but Zayne didn't add. I'll add it then and rule that Zayne killed the Kobold which means the end of combat.


Cambyl gives a cheer as the last Kobold goes down. "Nice one, Zayne! Two for you this time around!" He looks around at the rest of the area. "Well done, everyone! And not a scratch on us! We might just survive these lands after all!" He grins roguishly.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Zayne gives Cambyl a weak smile and then jerks his spear jerkily out of the dead kobold. He looks down at the sad crumpled body then suddenly drops the spear and hurries off into a bush to start throwing up. Drakor hurries over to make sure he is not ill while everyone else goes about their usual after battle business.

usual newbie character lolz, he's never killed b4


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Taking 10 on knowledge nature for a total of 14

"It appears we've found Svetlana's radishes," Ganit declares as he grasps a pair of leafy stalks and pulls a couple of red bulbs from the ground. He knocks a bit of dirt from the hairlike roots covering one of the radish then pops it into his mouth, chewing vigorously without closing. Looking around at the bloated bellies of the numerous dead kobolds he asserts, "It would seem these critters gorged themselves to nausea, that may explain their lacking form and focus." He flicks the remaining mud from the other radish and takes a bite.

"We had better gather what we can quickly from both the garden and carcasses, there may still be more of these wretched little beasts in close proximity." He suggests with the half chewed radish on display in his mouth. Afterwards, he spits a piece of dirt to the ground and begins rumaging through the rest of the patch.

While foraging he pauses a moment to see Zayne keeled over and vomiting. Just wait until you kill a person, kiddo he snickers to himself.

He will gather a respectable amount to return to Svetlana and enough radishes to feed himself for a meal or two and pack them away in his rucksack.


"Excellent find, Ganit! I never would have recognized them." He dismounts and helps Ganit collect enough for Svetlana. "Perhaps if we collect enough, she will be able to prepare enough for us to sample as well as satisfy Oleg!" He smiles at the thought.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Taking 10 on knowledge nature for a total of 14

"It appears we've found Svetlana's radishes," Ganit declares as he grasps a pair of leafy stalks and pulls a couple of red bulbs from the ground. He knocks a bit of dirt from the hairlike roots covering one of the radish then pops it into his mouth, chewing vigorously without closing. Looking around at the bloated bellies of the numerous dead kobolds he asserts, "It would seem these critters gorged themselves to nausea, that may explain their lacking form and focus." He flicks the remaining mud from the other radish and takes a bite.

"We had better gather what we can quickly from both the garden and carcasses, there may still be more of these wretched little beasts in close proximity." He suggests with the half chewed radish on display in his mouth. Afterwards, he spits a piece of dirt to the ground and begins rumaging through the rest of the patch.

While foraging he pauses a moment to see Zayne keeled over and vomiting. Just wait until you kill a person, kiddo he snickers to himself.

He will gather a respectable amount to return to Svetlana and enough radishes to feed himself for a meal or two and pack them away in his rucksack.

A basket full is the requirement, which you can get easily enough as there are so many of the vegtables. They have a strong taste, but not too strong and you can tell the reason why the Kobolds gorged themselves on these vegtables.

All these Kobolds have mundane equipment as follows.

6 leather armour
6 spears
6 slings
28 bullets
all small sized.

You also find two peices of amber, three peices of Zircon and four peices of agites. All different peices of valuable gems that ammount to 390 gold.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

When we get back to base camp...

6 leather armour 10gp*6 = 60
6 spears 2gp*6 = 12
6 slings 0*6 = 0
28 bullets .01*28 = .28
total = 72.28
(.5(72.28)+390)/6 = (36.14 + 390)/6 = 426.14/6 = 71.02gp

Bron and Zayne should each add 1 extra cp (the remainder) for having the most kills, but that's just my opinion.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Actually Ganit I'd prefer if we didn't start down that road. I've been in other groups that tried that for looting systems and then all everyone thinks about is "Oh i have to kill everything and no one else in the group matters cuz i want all the loot" and the story, character progression and everything else goes out the window.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Fair enough. Alphabetical drawing system: 1=Bronwyn, 2=Cambyl, 3=Ganit,4=Lukan, 5=Tholamin, 6=Zayne.

And the winner is...1d6 ⇒ 5!!!

Tholamin, add an extra .02gp to your coin purse you lucky duck!


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Fair enough. Alphabetical drawing system: 1=Bronwyn, 2=Cambyl, 3=Ganit,4=Lukan, 5=Tholamin, 6=Zayne.

And the winner is...1d6!!!

Tholamin, add an extra .02gp to your coin purse you lucky duck!

When I'm a player I'd agree with Zayne and liked how you did the random d6 to decide who gets the extra 2 cp. Also remember, mundane equipment like weapons and armour, ect cost half at sell value so the armour costs 5gp each and the spears 1gp.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Sorry guys, I'm super jet lagged and have a huge headache. I'll try to post tomorrow. Good job with the Kobolds guys. My vote is a b-line for Oleg's if we have explored both hexes.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
Also remember, mundane equipment like weapons and armour, ect cost half at sell value so the armour costs 5gp each and the spears 1gp.

Right. It's easier for me to just get the equipment costs from the book, add it all together and then half the total. I made sure to leave all of the math posted in steps so that anybody could correct me if there's something I overlooked. The d6 seemed like a simple enough fix, the most anyone could ever get out of it is 1sp so it wont make any substantial difference in gold gained

I believe we're only one hex away from Oleg's so I agree with Lukan. Back to the outpost for the night and tomorrow we can set out in any direction. As per usual, Ganit will avoid going out of his way to make any leadership decisions. So talk amongst yourselves in plotting our next move.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Lukan Swane "Swaney" wrote:
Sorry guys, I'm super jet lagged and have a huge headache. I'll try to post tomorrow. Good job with the Kobolds guys. My vote is a b-line for Oleg's if we have explored both hexes.

I don't worry too much on the weekend as everyone had commitments, friends and family as well as other stuff to do on the weekend so posting is usually slow.


Current Map

Darkness decends as you continue to map out the area, making sure to fully map the wooded area before heading back to Oleg's where you are greeted warmly.

"You were all gone for the day, I was 'fraid you were attacked by the creatures of the Stolen Lands." he smiles to you all as he goes out to greet you as you arrive. "Did you discover anything of interest?" Oleg asks as he is curious due to the many mysteries he head from hunters about what they have seen in the Stolen Lands.


"Hello, Oleg! We completed the mapping of the lands closest to this outpost. It was a bit of an adventure, but we've handled it pretty well. I'm starving and completely parched, though. I do hope we can settle that this evening!"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"We also found these nearby." Ganit opens his rucksack revealing to Oleg the Moon Radishes they had gathered for Svetlana. "There are enough here for your wife to cultivate a garden should she desire. It would be a preferable option to hiring us to gather them for her. If she needs any assistance with such a chore I am willing to share my expertise." Ganit finishes the sentence with a slight hesitation, it had been years since he had taught another person any of his farming techniques but he remained confident Svetlana knew enough not to need his help.

He heads inside the outpost and into the dining hall to check if there had been any updates to the bulletin board since he had last seen it.


"Oh, thank you for bringing these radishes. My Oleg loves these vegtables and I know they'll lift his spirits." she smiles as she kisses Oleg's cheek, who flushes red from embaressment. Svetlana pulls point a heavy-looking coin purse and handing it over to the group. "Three hundred and seventy five gold, just as promised. Again, thank you and I hope they weren't too much trouble to get a hold of. I thank you for the offer, but I shouldn't need many of these and we might be able to grow a patch like you suggested."

Note: The reward does not take anything away from Oleg's budget. Just so you know and none of you feel guilty about taking the reward. :)


The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

"We also found these nearby." Ganit opens his rucksack revealing to Oleg the Moon Radishes they had gathered for Svetlana. "There are enough here for your wife to cultivate a garden should she desire. It would be a preferable option to hiring us to gather them for her. If she needs any assistance with such a chore I am willing to share my expertise." Ganit finishes the sentence with a slight hesitation, it had been years since he had taught another person any of his farming techniques but he remained confident Svetlana knew enough not to need his help.

He heads inside the outpost and into the dining hall to check if there had been any updates to the bulletin board since he had last seen it.

DM:

Rumor 1d10 ⇒ 5

As you read the board Kesten appears besides you.
"Well met, adventuer. Returned in one peice I see." he pats your back enthusiastically and then looks to the board and points to a new notice. "While you were away the swordlords sent a reply to my report on the current situation. They want the bandits to be eliminated. You've killed one of the bandit leaders so far, but if you kill enough of the bandits you will be rewarded with six hundred gold peices." he whistles as he says that. "That can buy you a lot of women." he gives a wink to Ganit, who can smell the ale on him. "Personally I wouldn't mind sticking a sword in the gut of them all, but they will settle for capture too."

He remains silent for a moment and looks to the group.
"I've heard that there is some trouble between Kobolds and Mites in the area, living on the kills somewhere, possibly the grassland as that's where they've mostly been spotted." he shakes his head when he says this "Really they aren't as much trouble as the bandits, but innocent people have been caught in the crossfire and the war between the two is like stirring up a hornet's nest. Sooner or later more and more people will eventually get stung. Not to mention, who would want to settle on a land where Kobolds and Mites are actively fighting and end up assulting travellers?" Kesten ask's the Rhitorical question as he makes this point.


"Mites? Mites? We've already handled some Kobolds, and I hardly think they will present us with much trouble, but what are these Mites, and how should we prepare to fight them?"

Added the 71.02 gold from equip, and 62.5 from reward.

Removed 1 gold for 2 trail rations, and 2 silver to refill wineskin with wine

Removed 4 gold for saddlebags and moved consumables to them to help encumbrance.

Purchased Heavy Steel Shield for 20 gold, if it is available, increasing my AC by 2


Cambyl wrote:

"Mites? Mites? We've already handled some Kobolds, and I hardly think they will present us with much trouble, but what are these Mites, and how should we prepare to fight them?"

Added the 71.02 gold from equip, and 62.5 from reward.

Removed 1 gold for 2 trail rations, and 2 silver to refill wineskin with wine

Removed 4 gold for saddlebags and moved consumables to them to help encumbrance.

Purchased Heavy Steel Shield for 20 gold, if it is available, increasing my AC by 2

"They are seen as pests like any Kobold and Goblin, however they are fey creatures that are so ugly even Goblins have been known to mock them for their appearance. Goblins! They're considered evil just like Kobolds so no one has any problems killing mites in Fey territory. Hell, I'm sure even fey dn't like them. They have more of an affiliation with vermin anyway." he seems disgusted when talking about them. "Horrible blue little critters. My advice is shoot first and ask questions later."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Cambyl's got it! 375/6 = 62.5 + 71.02 = 133.52gp. So everyone add 133.52gp to your wallet except Tholamin who gets 133.54gp.

"600 gold!? Here I thought we were doing this out the kindness of our hearts" replies Ganit sarcastically with a slight grin hidden beneath his thick unkempt beard.

After hearing Kesten's explanation of the mites

"Wonderful. So, that makes 3 organized groups of direct threats that we're aware of. I'm beginning to think I should have signed up for your job Kesten," Ganit returns to the guard captain in a tone that makes it difficult to determine if he is joking or not. "Let us hope that these warring vermin kill the majority of each other before we stumble upon their nests."

He stands in the doorway for a moment and looks off into the silent night sky. "Well, we better rest up and take care of our supplies. We've been at it for nearly a week and we haven't much to show for our efforts. Thank you Kesten. Each night we return here you always find a way to make this job more complicated" he laughs.

Eating. Sleeping. Eating. Gearing up in the morning to travel.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Buying 1 ration.

"Ganit, stay for a minute if you will. I think it wise if we spent this night planning our next move."

Lukan sits at their usual table, eating what is left of his rations before buying more from Oleg. He sips from his recently-refilled waterskin and begins to discuss the situation,

"Any area we explore next will not have the safety of Oleg's fortress. Perhaps we should ensure we are prepared for a couple nights in the Greenbelt. Ganit, you set a trap earlier with the bandits, maybe we can use your traps to help protect us at night?"

Pauses only for a brief second to swallow the dried meat,

"I suppose we need to find out where we are going next. Either further into the grasslands, in the East and South, or into the forest to the West. I'd feel much safer in the open where I can see my enemies approaching and where we can escape much quicker, but I'd much rather have a horse I could count on in battle if we continued further into the grasslands."

Lukan fiddles with the money pouch to the side,

"It wont be long until a horse like that will be mine. What say the rest of you? Tholamin you mentioned that you knew the fey well, have you heard anything about these Mites?"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Tholamin:

What Kesten said is right about the tiny and evil fey. You never saw much of them, but they were mentioned with distaste when ever they were. Their connection to vermin is the same as that between goblins and goblin dogs. They take joy in the most simple of evil things, including cruelity to intelligent and non-intelligent creatures.

Ganit:

Your experience with nature has told you everything kresten mentioned is true with the added effect that you have caught a few in your traps. The further away you are from them is the better in your opinion.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit turns round on his heel upon hearing Lukan call after him. "I only keep one but they're cheap and effective. Perhaps Oleg could have some shipped to those of you who can handle their encumbrance."

The following is in addition to whatever Tholamin has to say about the Mites

"These hideous little fairies are about as malicious as cave trolls. I remember a time a few years ago when I had accidently snared one in a bear trap my partner and I had set. In the morning when we went out to check our traps we came across the unfortunate little bugger, he had caught the jaws across his belly and was writhing about, screaming himself hoarse." He grimaces and begins to walk away from the doorway without looking at anyone in particular. "I got a little closer to put the poor thing out of it's misery, about ten or fifteen feet from where it laid, when three more of those filthy blue bastards dropped from the trees to ambush us. I caught a couple of stones to the head from their slings; Jorrick, my partner, got the same treatment before we had a chance to act." Ganit continues slowly pacing around the dining hall as he recounts his tale. His voice takes a less grave tone when he continues on to say, "Of course when we came to understand the situation we had gotten ourselves into, it was only a short time before we were able to put down the lot of them. The folks back home expected us to return with a deer or some rabbits or something of the sort, you should have seen their faces when they saw the two of us all bruised up and covered in dirt carrying the four dead mites. They all about keeled over!" he laughs. He continues to chuckle to himself while reminiscing for a short moment before his joyous expressions slink away and are replaced almost immediately with a visible display of remorse.

Clearing his throat and continuing in a more familiar fashion he goes on to add, ”Point is, there was clear evidence that they had kept their pinned little friend alive as bait for somewhere between twenty and twenty five hours before we found them. Not to mention that they successfully jumped us in our own turf. Erastil help us should we enter their nest and venture into their home grounds. I say we avoid the nest, should we find it, until we have a respectable force behind us.” He edges back towards the doorway, clearly uncomfortable with himself for sharing so much and regretting slipping Erastil's name during his foolish recounting of old times. He waits for a response but is desperately standing by to exit of the room and go to sleep.


"Well, this is good news. We are well prepared to deal with them should we meet them." He raises his mug to the rest of them. "To many more victories! Now we just need a direction to travel tomorrow!"


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

"In the time I spent in the fey courts Mites we always regarded in distaste. You will not have any complaint from me if we root out their nest and cleanse it. Some other fey might come and claim their lair afterwords and restore the health of the land."

Tholamin speaks and then goes back to listening to the rest of the group.


Cambyl takes a look at the mapped out lands they have explored so far and takes a long pull at his drink.

"I will, of course, defer to the decisions of the group, but I think we should continue south along the edges of the forest here. Before we get too far we can turn east and map up some of the area there and then perhaps head back north towards that Bokken fellow's spot. I'm still not comfortable traveling too far from this comfy place. What do you guys say, 3 days of exploration and adventure?

Paying 7 silver for a good fortifying meal and some drinks to pass around the table.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

"So to the area Southeast of the spider's nest and then northward? Sounds like a plan to me."

Lukan smiles and takes a swig of the ale that Cambyl passed down, "Ya' know Cambyl, Oleg is really going to miss you and your coin during these next three days or so."

Lukan slouches back in his chair and nurses his tankard, looking to the others for their opinion before he retires for the night.

Lukan starts his morning like any other by gathering his belongings, saddling his horse, packing the saddle bags, and donning his armor. After his preparations, he joins Jhod with a prayer to Erastil. Finally, he saddles up and pulls next alongside Ganit, ready to meet the wilds with mind and steel.

If Ganit can still place traps (I think he might have changed his character a bit) I'm going to buy as many bear traps as Oleg has up to 5. I'll keep 2 on my horse and give whatever is left over to the rest of the group who wants them/can carry them.


Cambyl laughs heartily at Lukan's observation, "I think I'll miss his ale far more than I'll miss my coin!"

Cambyl waits until the group finalizes their plans and then heads to bed, waking early as usual to pray for their safety, as well as excitement.

He joins the others as they are ready to ride out.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

DM:

rumor: 1d10 ⇒ 7

In the morning the next day a group of hunters appear to have been discussing about the bandits and one appeared to have what sounds like a wild theory.
"I heard of a group of evil moks and priests of some barely known goddess of hatred, extortion and spite that dwelt on the northern shore of the Tuskwater to the south. There must still be followers there and they could be behind this sudden rise to banditry."

Knowledge Religon 15:

The Deity described is Gyronna, she is also known as The Angry Hag, and for good reason.The unholy symbol of Gyronna is a single Bloodshot eye.

She is not a popular deity as many fear her and her clergy, which is entirely female. These are usually the throwaways of society: disfigured prostitutes, wives caught in adultery, pregnant teenagers disowned by their parents, and so forth. Priestesses are renowned for their ability to foster hatred and turn friend against friend. Her priestesses are also known to swap young babies for hideous monstrous creatures birthed from their own womb.

The priesthood itself has no canon or book of scripture, or temples; instead, they favor small shrines of simple piled stones. Some of these piles have cat's-eye gems on top or a painted representation of one, from which (it is rumored) Gyronna, herself, may peer and curse defilers of the shrine.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Everybody add 20.2gp to their coin purse!

My logic for this:
So my treasure was at -168.6gp after taking Happ's Bow. The money we've each made adventuring so far has been 7.5 from the spider, 71.02 from the kobolds, and 62.5 from the moon radishes.

Total = 7.5 + 71.02 + 62.5 = 141.02gp

I'm going to use some of the money gained to get a few provisions while we're at Oleg's, then I'll cut the rest in 5 ways to pay you each back for the bow.

141.02 - 40.02 = 101gp
101/5 = 20.2gp

So my gold is at -67.6 because thats what I owe you guys. The rest of my treasure has been split and given back.

Thanks.

Trail rations x2 1gp, Waterskin 1gp, saddlebags 4gp, Shovel, .02gp and if available: Bear Trap x2 4gp and a Thunderstone 30gp. Total spent: 40.02gp

Ganit waits patiently for the company of adventurers to prepare and join him at the gates. Felicity took to her new saddlebages like a child with a shiney new toy. He moved almost everything from his rucksack to fill her new bags save for Janice, a days worth of food and drink, the potion, and the spider venom.

He found the hunters' tales were insightful enought but he didn't see any way to prove the information as useful.

The plan Cambyl suggested the previous night seems as good as any other. "I'm ready when you are soldier" Ganit tells Lukan as he rides his horse to greet him "If we're lucky, those traps you bought will keep some of the dumber denizens away from our camp at night. When the time comes we should break into three shifts, four of us will sleep while two of us stand guard. To make the most of our talents, you and I won't be paired together."

Lukan - When Cambyl switched classes, I swiched from the trapper archetype to standard Ranger. The traps replaced spells so I wouldn't have access to them until lvl 5. The only thing I lost was trapsense which would have given +1 perception/disable device vs traps and disable device as a class skill. It didn't really alter the character design by much at 1st lvl imo.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Ganit - Gotcha. Well, now we have a ton of bear traps - if Oleg indeed had a total of 6 bear traps in stock. That's 8 bear traps in total, lol, talk about overkill.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

DM:

1d100 ⇒ 33 pass through spider hex 5% encounter
1d100 ⇒ 49 pass through hex 5% encounter

Yeah, I'd say he should have. After all many trappers come by, some would sell their traps due to people making their living by using traps.

As you set off you pass a hunter or two, hoping to male a sale at Oleg's or tell tales.

You pass through the area where the trapdoor spider was and to no surprise it's body appears to have dissappeared, most likely from a scavenging creature of somekind and taken away. There are tracks of different creatures that have come through here. You leave entering the next area only taking 3 hours on horseback.

As you enter this are you come across a image that appears vaugely failiar. Then one of you takes out the paper and you recognise the picture of the tree.

The tree sits upon a solitary hill where the roots twist and shape, pointing to the sky and looking like a clawed hand reaching up to the skies. Ganit can see where the soil has been disturbed when you get closer.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan drops from his horse and pulls his sword from its sheath. He searches the area, looking for danger. He waits for Ganit to approach the tree, following close behind him.

"I'd imagine it will be trapped."

401 to 450 of 4,392 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.