Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


4,251 to 4,300 of 4,392 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

I'd rather just roll initiative and go from there, since we decided on fighting the fight.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Fair enough


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

DM Aron - can you give us a basic farm where we can set up the archers with some cover, and a place for James to charge out of a barn in front of which we have some cattle or sheep waiting as bait?

Once we have the layout, we should be able to quickly set up our positions and get a stuffed lizard for the center square of Evergreen.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

sorry, weekend escaped from me. Also, been needing to sit down and build up this map. Not too impressive, but here it is.

Ganit is able to get the group of soldiers to hide somewhere down-wind so that the wyverns won't be able to sniff them out.


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

Nice. Bronwyn should be hidden on one of those bushes downwind and the cow-bait should be around O12. If the creatures are sighted, Bron will ask Jhod to cast bear's endurance and shield of faith on him (he is willing to pay for the spells cast if Jhod asks).


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

We're probably inside one of the buildings and on the 2nd floor. Along the lines of P21-P22 or wherever there might be a window I can 5' step to. I've purchased and added 4 +1 Dragon Bane arrows to my sheet. Out of principle, he won't ask Jhod to enchant him with anything.


M Human Druid 5

Altering my spell list. The enclosed quarters and the desire for Jameson to charge it means that Stone Call and Entangle are basically unhelpful and possibly murderous to our resident bait I mean lord.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina stays near Bron prepared to cast Enlarge Person as soon as the reptiles arrive. She is most likely on the first floor of the barn, out of sight, but with a good view of the cattle? sheep? tied out front.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The small bulding is the farm house whilst the large one is a barn.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Map so far


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Zorestar, Telias and James - we need you guys.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson will be hiding in the barn and prepared to charge as soon as the beastie lands.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar will be hiding near an open window where he can get some cover and also cast spells.

Do either buildings offer such conditions?


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

How about we roll initiative?


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

I'll forgo initiative to Delay my action until the beasty lands/crash lands


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Yep - it is party time. We get to have stuffed Wyvern for dinner. I hear they are very nutritious for unborn changelings.


M Human Druid 5

Still trying to figure out what you're planning here. Figured you would try and lure him into the barn so he can't just fly away once he realizes it's an ambush.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Planning in/for this group is pretty hit and miss. I always just expect the worst. I figured I'd just delay until I see what we're working with.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I tried to get the Kobolds to set up net traps that would spring once the wyvern hit the sheep/bait. But you guys all shot that one down. I think now it is place bait, then hit it with all we got.

With our luck, instead of a wyvern, we will probably end up accidentally attacking a centaur or pseudo-dragon or something of that sort.


M Human Druid 5

Right well let me readjust things again. Stick me in next to Ganit. Also before we get set up Telias is casting Barkskin on Bron that should last 4 hours and give +2 natural armor bonus. Also Delay Poison on him as well since he's bound and determined to get stabbed.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Tell me if these init rolls are correct. Also, I deleted the dice on them so as to not be cursed if I rolled a nat 20 on oen of you and next time got a 2.

Iniative:

The Hermit Ganit D'Artain 1d20+3
Telias Markan 1d20+2
Sir Bronwyn Raslov 1d20+1
Carina Stigard 1d20+2
Jameson Addercop IV 1d20+1
Zorestar Lebeda 1d20+5

MAP


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

My Init is +6. I took Improved Init as my Level 3 feat.


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

Holy f- I love this druid! You just increased my surviving odds by at least 30%


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

You AC is gonna drop a little when I cast Enlarge Person, but your sword will do a ton more damage when you hit.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Yes, Zorestar's Initiative is correct (+5).


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Looks good to me.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Initiative is good but I'm *delaying* my action so it doesn't need to be rolled.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Okey, now ow do you intend to lure these crreatures out? I think someone mentioned somthing about sheep.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Tell if we can do this. Based upon the size of wyverns, my thought was to tie/pen the sheep in the area between the buildings. If it is possible, I would have the kobolds carefully place nets that can be sprung remotely to capture anything in the sheep pen.

We would wait until the wyvern[s] came and then spring the trap to ground them. Immediately James would charge and Bron would charge enlarged. The rest of us would lend whatever additional support we can using arrows/spells.

This is/was my plan unless someone else has a different plan of greatly objects.


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

Bronwyn suggested we place a wooden stake and leave a couple cows (slower, heavier animals that the wyverns would notice easier) tied to that stake. The cows would be smeared with Kaava Musk to make them more attractive and noticeable over high distances.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The Wyverns are soon seen in the sky, landing down and starting their attack on the cows as they all land on the ground.

Iniative:

Telias Markan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Sir Bronwyn Raslov 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Carina Stigard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Jameson Addercop IV 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Zorestar Lebeda 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Wyverns: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

archers: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Order:

Carina Stigard (Greenwood)
Archers
Wyverns
Sir Bronwyn Raslov (Greenwood)
Zorestar Lebeda
Telias Markan
Jameson Addercop IV
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain

MAP


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Semi retcon. Could I have started casting Enlarge Person so that it will take effect at the beginning of this round? It will last 4 minutes, so casting it slightly in advance is what I would have done. I am casting it on Bron.

Seeing the small draconic monsters arrive, Carina begins an incantation to cause the creature to burst into flame.

Cast Spontaneous Immolation at K4 wyvern.

Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 3) = 11 <-- DC17 Fort for 1/2 damage. If save failed, wyvern catches on fire and takes 1d6 fire damage each round until it successfully saves.

I will case Enlarge Person on Bron if I could not do that slightly before the arrival of the wyverns.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit waits patiently until he hears the ominous sound of wings bashing the atmosphere and the terrified mooing of a herd of lizard bait. When he hears the great creatures land, he peeks out and watches a small chute of flame burst upon one creature's glossy plated skin. Sparing no time he drops out of cover and fires a thistle arrow at the pair of wyverns.

Misc: 5' step out of cover. Full Round Action: Attack both Wyverns using Rapid Shot and Deadly Aim.

Attack 1 @ (K/L, 4/5): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Bleed Damage (rounds): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Attack 2 @ (P/Q, 4/5): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Bleed Damage (rounds): 1d4 ⇒ 3


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Round 1

Zorestar peers out of the window of the barn at the wyverns, gives a deep sigh, and then begins pulling out bits of tallow, brimstone, and powdered iron out of his components pouch. Zorestar then moves his hands in somatic gestures to cast Flaming Sphere at the wyvern at K4.

Flaming Sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 5) = 12 Reflex Save DC16 negates

"I would say that this little spell is ball of fire, but technically speaking it is actually more of a sphere!"


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

Round 1

Bronwyn narrows his eyes at the sky-blue beasts landing amid the cows. The images of swollen bodies filled to the brim with venom come to his mind, bodies that once were merry people who entrusted him with their lives. The baron shoulders through the barn door, running in the snow-speckled grass and shouting orders:

ARCHEEEERS! DEPLOY THE BAGS!

As the distance to the beasts shortens, the righteous rage inside Bronwyn fuels his lungs as a savage scream comes out, unbidden:

This has been your last mistake, spiteful beasts! A cut for each soul you took from this world! FOR VERTARIA! FOR THE PEOPLE!!

Bronwyn's throat is already sore, his face red with anger, veins bulging on his neck and forehead. He has never been seen with such singleminded fury, even when defeating the Stag Lord or fighting for his life.

Move Action: Move to H4. Standard Action: Inspire Courage (1/14 rounds per day).
Everyone (including Ganit, that acts after Bron) benefits from a +1 competence bonus on attack and damage rolls and on saving throws against fear.

Quick question: Can I assume Bron had the time to cast Heroism before the battle? It lasts 40 minutes and would help a lot.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

kk, Carina has cast enlarge person so Bronwyn is double his size.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

the Wyvern closest to Carina and the group sets alight and it roars in pain.

Archers: 1d30 ⇒ 24

1d100 ⇒ 70

and yes to Bron's Heroism

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The already roasting dragon takes a hit from the flaming sphere, slamming hard into the already burning creature.

Forgot the plans to try and get the wyverns to remain on the ground.

A group of Kobolds also rush out of the nearby brush and throw nets over both creatures, which catches the first, though not the second. The Kobolds seem to have trouble using the nets as they were made to catch such large creatures and not human-sized creatures. The one that has escaped most of the arrows that rained down on him now takes off and flies, keeping 15ft off the ground.

1d20 ⇒ 14

1d20 ⇒ 12

Order:

Carina Stigard (Greenwood)
Archers
Wyverns
Sir Bronwyn Raslov (Greenwood)
Zorestar Lebeda
Telias Markan - up now
Jameson Addercop IV
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain

MAP


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina again calls upon the powers taught her by the orc witchdoctor causing the flying wyvern to also catch on fire.

Cast Spontaneous Immolation:

Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2) = 10 <-- DC17 Fort for 1/2 damage. If save failed, wyvern catches on fire and takes 1d6 fire damage each round until it successfully saves.

Fire damage on trapped Wyvern: 1d6 ⇒ 5 <-- DC17 Fort save to put out fire and avoid damage next round.

Carina then calls out: Archers, hit the flying wyvern. Bron and James hit the trapped one.

Just realized that I was not up, but do not want to retype this. Don't expect my action to change unless James/Telias/Ganit does something unexpected.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Round 1

Status:

HP = 42/42
AC = 22/11/21
Weapon Equipped = Lance
Speed = 50'
Challenge = 2/2
Status Effects = Mounted
Donal HP = 32/32 AC = 22 (20 Charging)
Status Effects = Inspire Courage

Seeing the flying wyvern about to make good it's escape Jameson charges and attempts to hit it.

"For Vertaria!"

As I'm on a horse and it's only 15' up can I hit it with the lance? Either way I'll ride to O6.

Ride: Fight w/ Combat Trained Mount DC 10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Charging Mounted Lance: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 173d8 + 15 ⇒ (1, 6, 3) + 15 = 25


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

Mind moving Bron one square to the north? His movement does not allow him to reach that spot.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Oops, I forgot to add my bloodline extra damage. Add +3 to the first round damage and +1 to the burning in round 2 for the trapped wyvern. Also, add +3 to the damage in the second round to the flying wyvern.


M Human Druid 5

Watching the tableau unfold Telias can't help but grumble about how this could have been done with far less manpower and resources. Regardless the air vibrates around him as he seems to snatch something out of the air in front of him and starts whispering into his emtpy hand.

Dropping summon swarm for summon natureas ally 2 to Q14. Closest I can get with it to anything.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

will take a full round to summon the swarm so they don't appear yet.

Jameson's lance only just misses, but he is currently beneith the flying Wyvern that remains flying.

Ganit's first shot misses, however his second hits the flying target, delivering anad powerful strike to the neck and causing it's wounds to bleed.

Round 2

Order:

Carina Stigard (Greenwood)
Archers
Wyverns
Sir Bronwyn Raslov (Greenwood)
Zorestar Lebeda
Telias Markan
Jameson Addercop IV
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain

MAP


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Was there a surprise round? I have already posted 2 castings of Spontaneous Immolation, one against each wyvern. Figured I would ask before posting another attack.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Note sure if there was a surprise round or not. It would be nice to see that hit to their AC. Did we manage to get them with those dozen or so Tanglefoot bags? I only see the our grunts shooting at them rather than following orders.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

2? I only saw you cast it once. You used the surprise round for Enlarge person or something didn't you?. Also must've missed that about tanglefoot bags and they have a short range unless you equippled them with tanglefoot bag arrows?


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Enlarge Person was cast pre fight as it lasts 4 minutes, essentially I would have cast it when the cattle started getting anxious.

I then cast Spontaneous Immolation in the Surprise Round and Round 1. At least that was what I intended.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

alright, then let's fix this.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

doesn't catch fire, but it is harmed by your fire, but compared to the other it is reletively unharmed.


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 5

k, it's the wyverns + archers and then moi :)


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Carina's round 2 action still I believe. Also forgot to roll for the wyvern to see if it saved. It has stopped burning, this happens on her Round 2 action.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Sorry, did not know it was my turn.

Carina again calls upon the arcane and attempts to light the wyvern back on fire.

Cast Spontaneous Immolation on the flying wyvern.

Damage: 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) + 3 = 11<-- DC17 Fort for 1/2 damage. If save failed, wyvern catches on fire and takes 1d6+1 fire damage each round until it successfully saves.

4,251 to 4,300 of 4,392 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.