Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


4,101 to 4,150 of 4,392 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>

Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina casts Spontaneous Immolation and makes the grumpy druid's beard catch on fire.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5
Carina Stigard wrote:
Carina casts Spontaneous Immolation and makes the grumpy druid's beard catch on fire.

Thus proving his point.

Jameson helps Ganit as much as he is able, guiding him towards the door while being careful not to touch him or otherwise provoke a fight.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit hardly notices Jameson's help as he fumbles through his soiled leathers in search for his office key. "Gah! F#$%&@ stupid g@#$@mn piece-a..." he curses under his breath, his head balancing on the door. Letting out a frustrated sign, "UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH!" he then reaches into his breast pocket for a pair of perfectly sized lockpicks.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23
Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20

Despite his condition he's able to deftly pick the lock and, probably more impressive, catch a thunderstone as it falls from a niche crudely carved above the door. He ducks without warning or cause for alarm then cautiously stands up and makes his way inside. "Ah $!*t, fergot t'setup the crosssssbow."

From the look of the office it was plain to surmise that Ganit had been sleeping here for at least a week, likely longer. There were cloths strewn about on the floors and empty or mostly empty whiskey bottles every couple of feet. Old food and coffee littered the few surfaces the small room offered. Some of the walls were stained with alcohol while others were scared by indiscriminately thrown knives.

Ganit stumbles to his desk and collapses in a stiff chair and for a moment looks as if he was about to fall asleep. He jerks up and sweeps a wicked looking dagger and iron symbol into the top drawer and slams it shut, suddenly aware that Jameson was still with him. Regarding James with cool a expression, he hisses drunkenly at the helpful knight. "Y'can go now. I made it. Safely. W'thowt... incident. Srrrrrrr Adder-dercop."


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Looking with disgust at the lair beyond the poorly trapped door Jameson nods.

"As you wish Ganit. Unless there was something you wanted to discuss? I'm a little concerned about the trapped door you have here. If someone were to attempt cleaning this place they might be seriously hurt."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

He lifts his arms, looks around the room and circles back to Jameson, "S'it look like anyone been cleanin'?"

Ganit slinks in his chair and rubs his bony calloused hands over his weathered face. His eyes were closed as he spoke. "'Fore ya go, you know when we're leavin' this g@#$@^*ed place again? Swear these !#$%&@ walls'll be the death'ame."


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"We can leave whenever you want my friend. Tomorrow morning when you're sober we can ride any direction you want for as long as you want. Donal could use the exercise and I could use the break from training."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Eyes still shut, "Good. Won't come back if I'kin help it."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Tessara wrote:
She gives a small laugh "These wilds have been my home for some time. I have come for this special occassion to congratulate the two, before I return to the wilds." she states flatly, looking back to Ganit and then Zorestar again "I hope to be accepted one day here as a citizen, but until then I am happy to live in the wild. I am Tessara of the Wood and it is a pleasure to meet you Zorestar."[/b] she gives a smile as she offers her hand in a handshake.

Zorestar cordially offers her a hand to shake.

"Forgive me for the following questions, Mam, but I have not met one of your kind before. Although most people of the land fear the legendary Medusa, I am aware that they are not born evil. In fact I am aware that the environment has a much greater effect than simply the inherited coding of your ancestry. Tell me, Tessara, were you raised by your mother? I do not mean to offend you, but I am curious, how did you learn the customs of society? I have heard that only those young Medusa who separate themselves from their mothers retain a love for life? Can you ascertain for me if this is true?"

"I never knew my birth mother." she says bluntly at Zorestar's questions. "I was raised be a pair of elves. They taught me much about the wild and hunting. Along with respecting the life of all intelligent creatures. I have never harmed a human to this day."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"Hmm? Very interesting." Zorestar replies as he strokes his beard. "This does bode well for welcoming you to our humble land. Now tell me, Tessara, are you at all in a similar position to the changeling where the mother hag summons back the daughter after the child reaches the age of ascension. I mean, have you ever sought out your mother or anticipated that she would come to visit you?"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
"Hmm? Very interesting." Zorestar replies as he strokes his beard. "This does bode well for welcoming you to our humble land. Now tell me, Tessara, are you at all in a similar position to the changeling where the mother hag summons back the daughter after the child reaches the age of ascension. I mean, have you ever sought out your mother or anticipated that she would come to visit you?"

She just stares at Zorestar for a moment and then shakes her head.

"As I was suggesting, my adoptive parents killed my birth mother before they found me and took me in. I have no love for any creature that kills innocents, including my birth mother so I have no respect for her." she simply explains to the wizard. Normally a Medusa will have to bring up her child or otherwise, they'd never learn how to lure people to their lairs or how their powers work."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"Well, this is a curious situation. Your environment has served you well, and you appear to have resisted the tendencies caused by your heritage. Now, please forgive me for asking so many questions, Tessara, but tell me, do you still retain the ability to turn others to stone?"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
"Well, this is a curious situation. Your environment has served you well, and you appear to have resisted the tendencies caused by your heritage. Now, please forgive me for asking so many questions, Tessara, but tell me, do you still retain the ability to turn others to stone?"

Tessara simply points towards her veil.

"That is why I am wearing this." she explains as she looks towards Zorestar. "That is why you have not been turned to stone during your questions. My parents learned that when they were raising me. I keep this veil on if I'm near humans or settlements as I don't wish to turn anyone to stone by accident."

Funnily enough I came up with that and then later learned it was also in Planescape: Torment.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

The veil is very cool. Tessara is an interesting character. I am curious what role she will play in the future of our country.

Tessara wrote:
"That is why I am wearing this."

"Then I will be careful as I am sure you will. We most certainly do not want any unnecessary accidents to occur. Tell me, Tessara, and forgive me if you have already answered this questions, but what wood do you reside in? How far away do you live from here?"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

You're decision. She's a NPC I made a while back and thought I could use her as a way of seeing how far the group is willing to go to allowing any types of peaceful humanoids.

"Far to the south, but I have no perminant home. I travel and camp up and down these lands. I will probably head east to visit the settlements there, come back and then pass through to the west. I'd like to see what the other groups have planned for these lands." she states openly as she looks out the nearest window.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Tessara wrote:
"Far to the south, but I have no perminant home. I travel and camp up and down these lands. I will probably head east to visit the settlements there, come back and then pass through to the west. I'd like to see what the other groups have planned for these lands."

"Well, on behalf of our fledgling government, I welcome you to Vertaria and I hope you have a delightful stay."

Zorestar will then proceed to Ganit's room.

* Knock! Knock! *

"Master Ganit! I know you are in there! It's me, Zorestar! May I come in?!"


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:


"Master Ganit! I know you are in there! "

That's what youuuuu think. 'o'


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

James is correct on this count. Ganit no longer uses his room at the castle and has been 'living' out of his office. His room could have any number of NPC's or booby traps behind the door (or both!?) so flip a coin and good luck! If you search out his office, he's definitely passed out by now. Society doesn't bring out the best in our gentle ranger. Might be time to start exploring south...

hint-hint-hint


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

James is correct on this count. Ganit no longer uses his room at the castle and has been 'living' out of his office. His room could have any number of NPC's or booby traps behind the door (or both!?) so flip a coin and good luck! If you search out his office, he's definitely passed out by now. Society doesn't bring out the best in our gentle ranger. Might be time to start exploring south...

hint-hint-hint

I'm waiting for the rolls for the 3rd and so on months. I'd like to give you all a time for your kingdom to be of a decent strength before exploring south and the terrors the reside down south. Plus you guys gain xp on stuff like establishing your capital and growing to various sizes.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Fair enough. Ganit will continue spinning out for the time being.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Onto Month 3 - if someone else wants to make these, please let me know.

Month 3

Upkeep Phase
Stability: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Improvement Phase
Claim "Sootscale Caverns" hex - 1BP
Build Mill (+1 Econ/Loyalty) - 6BP
Build Road & Farm in "Sootscale Caverns Hex" - 5BP

Income Phase
Income Phase: 1d20 ⇒ 18

I do not know what the adjustments are for Stability or Econ, but I am pretty sure we did not miss these.

I have a map for both the City and the Nation, will try to get them updated and posted to my gmail account later.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

When Zorestar is unable to find Ganit in his room he returns to wedding and tries to enjoy the atmosphere.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

First roll was 36 which is well above the DC of 22.

Claiming the Sootscale's Cavern/silver mine means you have a special resource added to your kingdom, improving your Economy due to the natural source of silver there there the Kobolds had no interest in mining themselves. Most likely because they didn't have the tools nor the means to harvest the ore and turn it into Jewlery.

The citiy's economy holds well together, building up more income and exports. Despite some people's thoughts, this new kingdom hasn't failed to produce economy and remains strong.

Event: 1d100 ⇒ 43

Some new residents from the south in the river kingdoms have immergrated here, hoping to start new lives here. Ganit's people have looked into them and some genuinely want to escape the Chaos of the south whilst others are looking to make a easy profit off the people, though his men manage to get the message across that breaking the law will not be tolerated.


Male Human Bard 4

Month 2

The second month of Vertaria sees a lot of hard work as construction of the settler's housings gets underway. Bronwyn spends the first couple of days of the month with his newly-wed wife for most of the time, getting to know her better and hearing her plans for the barony and their family.


Male Human Bard 4

Month 3

At the beginning of the month, baron Bronwyn Greenwood gathers up the council members in reunion. After a long deliberation weighing in the opinion of his fellow councilors, he declares:

We have a solid grasp on the immediate area and are taking our first steps to develop into a town. I feel confident that we can expand our borders and send settlers to the area around the Sootscale lair. Chief Sootscale has been proving a trustworthy ally, but I'd still like for Jameson and his men to overseer the settling process and make sure everyone is taught about our truce. Ganit, you will be accompanying Jameson in this inspection, keeping a closer look on the issue. We don't want any quarrels among the kobold natives and the human settlers.

He sips a cold cup of water and continues:

Zorestar, we need your geometrical expertise in the mill construction by the lake. You will have to find the optimal spot to install the waterwheel, seeing as the water pressure is somewhat slow in the lake. I hope that when we finalize its construction we'll be able to produce our own flour and cut our wood without needing to resort to Brevoy. Further we'll be able to tax the mill's use and put that coin into good use.

Turning to Maegar Varn's daughter, the baron asks:

Lady Varn, I would like to send a cart of good quality wood and herbs to open trade with your father to the east. As we have not yet finished the road, the convoy will need to go north until Oleg's and take the road east. Your skills would be most appreciated in securing a safe passage for them through the southern Rostlands and securing a fair trade with your father. Of special interest to us are stones. We need rocks to lay our walls and build our shelters. Zorestar will happily fill you in on the specifics.

The baron goes on, instructing the High Priest Jhod Kavken to bless the newly-planted crops and suggesting a few routes for Akiros to implement in the city watch.

Carina and I will be overseeing the barony and the building efforts. We will also try contacting the faerie folk in the woods so we can work on a solution that will not alienate or antagonize them.

I will try at least summing up IC the decisions of the month even if we don't take the time to roleplay every bit of it.


Male Human Bard 4

So we suceeded at the Stability roll and had no Unrest; therefore we get 1 extra BP. With that Economy roll of 18 (plus 30) means we achieve a 48, getting extra 9 BP (adding to the 7 we had we get 16). Mind if I take this month, Carina? I believe we have a good moment to build our Town Hall.


Male Human Bard 4

Month 4

Upkeep Phase
1. Stability Check: 1d20 ⇒ 14 versus DC 23. Success: 1 extra BP for a total of 17.
2. Pay Consumption: 0
3. Fill Vacant Magic Item Slots: None
4. Unrest: None.

Improvement Phase
1. Leadership Adjustments: Unchanged.
2. Claim Hexes: Claim 1 hex - Nettle's Crossing (Spend 1 BP, increase Size to 4, increase Control DC to 24, increase Consumption to 1.)
3. Establish and Improve Cities: Build Town Hall (Spend 11 BP, Economy +1, Loyalty +1, Stability +1)
4. Build Roads: Build 1 hex of roads (Spend 1 BP.)
5. Establish Farmlands: Farmlands on newly-annexed hex. Spend 4 BP, reduce Consumption to -1 again. Treasury is now at 0 BP.
6. Issue Edicts: Change as follows:
Promotion: Token. +1 Stability, +1 Consumption (for a total of Consumption 0)
Taxation: None. +1 Loyalty
Festivals: None. -1 Loyalty

Income Phase
1. Deposits: None. Unless someone is feeeling reallygenerous!
2. Withdrawals: None.
3. Sell Valuable Items: None.
4. Generate Income: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (6) + 32 = 38 (+7 BP. Treasury is now 7 BP)

So this month we can start trading with Varnhold by the river. What's the mechanical benefit so I can enter into the sheet? If it's +2 to Economy we end up with one extra BP from the Economy check.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Great work Bron. Feel free to do month 5 as well as soon as DM Aron lets us know whether we were attacked by raging hordes of ogres or something.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Mechanically it's another special resource, improving econemy by 1 due to the trade route now established.

1d100 ⇒ 93

Things look a little uneasy for a moment, but your kingdom manages to generate enough BP to keep the city alive. Things are looking great in your kingdom.

Checking the book you have 8 months left which'll give you a year. Plenty of time for the kingdom to be fully established.


Male Human Bard 4

Month 4 IC

A special reunion is invoked in the meeting hall of the castle. The councilors are all summoned to court. Bronwyn welcomes everyone and begins the session.

Hope everyone slept well last night, for we may have to extend this meeting somewhat. According to Zorestar's projections, this month our settling efforts may reach the trading spot Alicia's negotiated with Lord Varn. We will need all hands on this. Varnhold is our neighbor to the east and the most vital ally we'll have. We cannot afford any part of this deal going sour.

He inhales sharply, and turns to the knight.

Sir Addercop. You and Ganit have the most vital task: ensuring our trading convoys going upriver reach Varnhold safely. Jameson will pick his finest men and escort the barges; Ganit will take the hunters and a few kobolds to scout the land ahead. Make sure no bandit sees this as an opportunity.

Zorestar and Alicia will head that convoy. Zorestar, you will negotiate fair prices but push to meet our demands, while Alicia smoothes any misunderstandings. Carina and I may also join in just to make sure everything goes smoothly. In fact we can make a quick travel to Varnhold and formally meet the baron and his council.

Turning over a leaf of paper, the baron continues:

The minute we return to our meeting we dive in and coordinate the building process for the Evergreen Town Hall. We want the building to be civil, but also to turn into an impromptu shelter in case of an emergency. For that it has to be sturdy; we'll use whatever stones we acquire from Varnhold in its construction.


Male Human Bard 4

Month 5 OOC

Upkeep Phase
1. Stability Check: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40 Success! 1 extra BP. Treasury is now at 8 BP.
2. Pay Consumption: 0
3. Fill Vacant Magic Item Slots: None.
4. Unrest: None.

Improvement Phase
1. Leadership Adjustments: No change.
2. Claim Hexes: Claim 1 hex ("The Old Sycamore") (Spend 1 BP, increase Size to 5, increase Control DC to 25, increase Consumption to 1. +1 Stability due to "Cave")
3. Establish and Improve Cities: Build Tannery (Spend 6 BP, Economy +1, Stability +1)
4. Build Roads: Build 1 hex of roads (Spend 1 BP. Treasury is at 1 BP.)
5. Establish Farmlands: None. Not enough BP for now.
6. Issue Edicts: Change as follows:
Promotion: None. -1 Stability, reduce Consumption to 0.
Taxation: None (no change) +1 Loyalty
Festivals: None (no change). -1 Loyalty

Income Phase
1. Deposits: None.
2. Withdrawals: None.
3. Sell Valuable Items: None.
4. Generate Income: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (11) + 34 = 45 +9 BP. Treasury is now at 10 BP.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Bronwyn wrote:
"Zorestar and Alicia will head that convoy. Zorestar, you will negotiate fair prices but push to meet our demands, while Alicia smoothes any misunderstandings."

"I have the perfect coach for that job and it would be my pleasure to do." The wizard replies. "But what do you mean by misunderstandings? I am very clear and precise in all of my communications."


Male Human Bard 4

Month 5 IC

An extraorinary meeting of the Vertaria council is called, and Chief Sootscale is offered a place of importance at the table.

Well, this month we finish the tannery by the river. We'll be able to finally cure and prepare the hides our hunters trade us and turn those into leather. That leather has a myriad different uses, including armor, tents, and furniture. All those will be in high supply in Brevoy when their war starts. The next month will see our basic trading needs all met with the opening of our own brewery. We'll be able to trade fully with Restov and the lands above, exporting our finished goods instead of buying theirs. When the armies march we'll not depend on their strained trade line - on the contrary - we'll be their reliable providers.

The baron gives a moment for the idea to sink in.

And then we're off to work on our infrastructure. That means education for our children and security for our folk. Zorestar and Alicia, I need you both to start making contacts with booksellers so we'll be able to open our very own library and school in two months' time. After that maybe an inn and tavern to encourage trade and then a watchtower or barracks to house our soldiers.

Bronwyn looks around the room, hoping to find in his companion's eyes the confidence he needs. His gaze finally settles on the kobold chieftain.

Chief Sootscale, as you probably already know, to the north of your caverns there lies an enormous underground complex formerly inhabited by your one-time enemies, the mites. As you recall, we eliminated that problem many months ago and bought your tribe a respite of the constant battles that ate away your numbers. Now they are no more, and their lair is empty, ready for your people to occupy it. It is our belief that the vast network will easily accomodate your numbers. Will you agree with conceding your caves to move into these vast galleries?


Male Human Bard 4
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
"I have the perfect coach for that job and it would be my pleasure to do." The wizard replies. "But what do you mean by misunderstandings? I am very clear and precise in all of my communications."

I do not doubt or deny it, lord Lebeda. But she knows her father's followers better than us and can anticipate their reactions. We need to come out of this meeting as fair but firm - not too agreeable but not too stingy. It goes almost without saying that this meeting will set the precedent for all our future dealings.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Bron wrote:
"I do not doubt or deny it, lord Lebeda. But she knows her father's followers better than us and can anticipate their reactions. We need to come out of this meeting as fair but firm - not too agreeable but not too stingy. It goes almost without saying that this meeting will set the precedent for all our future dealings."

"Very well, Sir Bron. I will endeavor to set the best precedent possible. As I reflect upon my own qualifications for this work, I cannot deny that Alicia is far more charming than me, and I will welcome her company in the appointed task."

Bron wrote:
"And then we're off to work on our infrastructure. That means education for our children and security for our folk. Zorestar and Alicia, I need you both to start making contacts with booksellers so we'll be able to open our very own library and school in two months' time."

"I am so glad to hear that you have heard my requests and you have considered my proposals seriously. I would be delighted to make contact with as many booksellers as possible. In truth, I cannot think of a finer place to get lost than in a bookstore! With this kind of support, I believe we will have one of the finest systems of education in all the land!"


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"As you say Baron."

Jameson nods with his new assignment and sets up a training schedule for his men while he is away.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

You can convert the sycamore tree to a cave or have it as a landmark. The cave will need to be widened of course, which we can say happens over time.

1d100 ⇒ 93

Another month where little seems to go by. You all keep working hard and more people arrive. For the moment it appears your city is growing with currently over 3000 people living here. It's a new experience to be in charge of so many people.

Again no event, but don't get too cocky, also I must've miscounted, I swear you only had 2 farms and therefore needed to pay consumption...probably me missing something. Also, for hitting a size of 5, you all gain xp!


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Bron wrote:
"I do not doubt or deny it, lord Lebeda. But she knows her father's followers better than us and can anticipate their reactions. We need to come out of this meeting as fair but firm - not too agreeable but not too stingy. It goes almost without saying that this meeting will set the precedent for all our future dealings."
"Very well, Sir Bron. I will endeavor to set the best precedent possible. As I reflect upon my own qualifications for this work, I cannot deny that Alicia is far more charming than me, and I will welcome her company in the appointed task."

Alicia smiles and nods at this.

"I have already requested my father to bring over as many books as possible from my personal library." she smiles to to the group whilst sitting next to Zorestar and slyly holding his hand under the table. "He has promised to make his way down our new road that connects to his kingdom. He assures me all is good at the moment between us and the swordlords, however he said he will help if things up north grown too desperate." as she says this she has a determined look in her eye and a hand on her lump.


A week after the meeting, Maegar Varn arrives, leading a caravan filled with books and some trading supplies. He and the few armed men he marched with have splattered blood from a recent fight.
"These men of mine might be new, but they proved their worth against a pack of hungry wolves." he states and turned to the group, giving Alicia and Zorestar a big hug each. He then turned to Bronwyn, the baron of the land and gives him a hardy shake. "There is something for us to discuss. Infront of the rest of the leaders back in the castle, if you will allow me." he gives a bow before raising again.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar enthusiastically smiles at Alicia's offer for books. "I cannot thank you enough for your father's generous offer. It is only through books and literature that we can educate our people and build a nation that we can all be very proud of."

The wizard takes great delight in secretly holding Alicia's hand underneath the table and will return the affection with a loving gaze into her eyes.

The day Alicia's father arrives, Zorestar is happy to return the fatherly hug as he thinks to himself that Lord Varn will make a kind and good father in law.

"Lord Varn, I cannot thank you enough for this generous donation of books. We are now a good ways toward building a public library for all of the people. Without your support none of this would be possible."


Male Human Bard 4
Lord Maegar Varn AKA DM wrote:
"There is something for us to discuss. In front of the rest of the leaders back in the castle, if you will allow me." he gives a bow before raising again.

The baron smiles and responds warmly:

Of course, lord Varn. Let us convene in Evergreen Castle after we've cleaned the mud and dust of our travels.

After the baron of Varnhold leaves, Bronwyn approaches Ganit in a quiet, secluded place.

Ganit, keep an eye open for the members of his entourage. Make sure they don't wander around too much. Today we're friends with Varnhold, but there's no telling what the future might bring, and if we ever face them in a military situation, I'd prefer that they don't have ample knowledge of our land and fortifications.


Male Human Bard 4

@DM Aron: For reference, this post has our first farm, this one has our second, and this one has our third.


Male Human Bard 4

Month 6 OOC

Upkeep Phase
1. Stability Check: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37 Success! 1 extra BP. Treasury is now at 11 BP.
2. Pay Consumption: 0
3. Fill Vacant Magic Item Slots: None.
4. Unrest: None.

Improvement Phase
1. Leadership Adjustments: No change.
2. Claim Hexes: Claim 1 hex ("Gold Mine") (Spend 1 BP, increase Size to 6, increase Control DC to 26, increase Consumption to 1. +1 Economy due to "Special Resource")
3. Establish and Improve Cities: Build Brewery (Spend 6 BP, Loyalty +1, Stability +1)
4. Build Roads: None. (To save cash and build farm below)
5. Establish Farmlands: Farmlands on newly-annexed hex. (Spend 4 BP, reduce Consumption to -1 again. Treasury is now at 0 BP.)
6. Issue Edicts: Change as follows:
Promotion: Token. +1 Stability, Consumption +1 to 0.
Taxation: None (no change) +1 Loyalty
Festivals: None (no change). -1 Loyalty

Income Phase
1. Deposits: None.
2. Withdrawals: None.
3. Sell Valuable Items: None.
4. Generate Income: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (20) + 35 = 55 +11 BP. Treasury is now at 11 BP.


Male Human Bard 4

Aaaand that's a natural 20! Suck on it, Brevoy!


Maegar Varn smiles as he receives his cimpliments from his son-in-law.
"Do not worry. I understand how important edcation is. Otherwise, no one would be able to better themselves." he gives a big smile. "However not all books are educational as there are many stories of heroes slaying demons and romances too." he laughs as he notices his daughter blush at the mention of romances.

Ganit can tell that these men are not the experienced warriors he brought with him last time. Many of them appear to have only just used their weapons in the combat with wolves he mentioned earlier and they remain together, but gladly free to talk to any who wish to talk with them.

Once in a more private room, Lord Varn gives a smile to everyone.
"I did't want to do this in front of my men, but I felt it honorable to do this." he draws his blade and then goes on one knee infront of Bron. "I swear my pledge to the Kingdom of Vertaria and to it's rulers Baron Bronwyn Raslov and Baroness Carina Raslov. In times of trouble, I will come to your aid, as I am sure you will come to mine." after his speech he rises, sheaths his blade again and gives a bow "Are you willing to give your pledge as I have given to you?" he asks, obviously with no pressure intended. It's obvious he's very used to all the formality of bowing before another when swearing this pledge.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I have a map with everything on it, just have not had the time to finish. Will try to get the city map finished with the new buildings as well.

Carina joins Bron and the others. She has spent most of her time these first few months, when not with her husband, meeting with dignitaries, meeting with the ruling counsel, or otherwise serving in her official position, moving through the village and the settlers. Helping people with anything she can whether it is thrashing grain, working in a garden, washing clothes, or caring for children.

When Lord Varn arrives, she warmly greets him.
Welcome Lord Varn. We are overjoyed that the trade route has been completed and look forward to the continued good relations with your nation and beneficial trade for both of us.

Also, I would like to thank you for allowing your daughter to join us. It has been a pleasure to get to know her and if you govern your people in the same manner that she has helped us here, then your land will be in good hands for many years to come.
____________
Ninjaed by the DM
Carina is willing to pledge her assistance, but will wait for Bron to take the lead.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Suck it Brevoy indeed, lol. Awesome :)

1d100 ⇒ 52

1d100 ⇒ 15

1d6 ⇒ 2

1d4 ⇒ 3

Tannery 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34

Brewery 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35

Townhall 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29

A terrible earthquake startes up in the greenbelt, rocking the whole area back and forth, however the group all manage to take control of the situation and the population, calming them down and preparing them for the assult. Both the Tannery and Brewery appear uneffected, however the townhall for a moment looked like it was going to fall apart, but the building was built with a lot of strength and, as unbelieveable as it is, Kobolds were seen helping to keep the building standing as much as they could. Your buildings are safe for the moment, however who knows when another freak quake like this might happen again?

congratz, you suffer no ill penalties from the loss of a building.

Edit: Anyone have a map of what the actual city looks like? As in placement of buildings and so on? As with population increases you get xp rewards for other stuff so I want to check the city and see if you've filled a square with 4 blocks of buildings (doesn't have to be 4 buildings, just has to add up to covering the 4 blocks that make up the square).


Male Human Bard 4

His old companions may notice a flicker of confusion in Bronwyn's eyes as he appears utterly confused for a second, but to any of the newcomers, the baron appears completely confident as he hears Maegar's pledge.

I accept your pledge honorably, baron Maegar Varn. Our houses have been intertwined since the founding of our baronies, the baron says, while looking at Alicia, and that way it shall be forever.

The knight kneels, slowly unsheating his newly-forged blade and offering it to lord Varn.

Upon this day upon the sights of gods and men I swear this pledge of alliance to the House of Varn as represented by the baron Maegar Varn and to his nation of Varnhold. Our fates and prosperity shall be linked together in freely-given bonds. Your blood is my blood, and my shield is your shield. I shall fight for your cause as I know you shall fight for mine.


Varn appears pleased at this and smiles to the group.
"I am glad we can be such great allies in these lands. I hope it never comes to us needing to fight for our land, but if greedy eyes from south or north turn this way I will be glad to fight at your side." he states as he turns to his daughter. "and how's my gandson to come?" he says as he puts his hand on her womb. "I couldn't think of a safer place for my family. They're in your hands, Baron Raslov."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Lord Maegar Varn wrote:
Maegar Varn smiles as he receives his compliments from his son-in-law.

Wow! I am already his son in law! Actually, I was working my way in that direction, but was trying to take my time. Now that Carina and Bron are married, perhaps there is no further need to wait.

Lord Maegar Varn wrote:
"Do not worry. I understand how important edcation is. Otherwise, no one would be able to better themselves." he gives a big smile.

"Thank you, Lord Varn! I promise you that these books will be put to good use.

Lord Maegar Varn wrote:
"However not all books are educational as there are many stories of heroes slaying demons and romances too." he laughs as he notices his daughter blush at the mention.

"Your delightful daughter is such a romantic at heart! We are all very fortunate to have her around! You should have heard her harp playing at the Baron and Baroness' wedding. She plays with such passion and grace."

Lord Varn wrote:
"Are you willing to give your pledge as I have given to you?"

When Zorestar has a moment alone with Lord Varn, he gives the lord his answer.

"My dear Lord Varn. I have come to know your daughter over the last several months and I have become very fond of her as I believe she has become fond of me. I would graciously and kindly ask for your permission to marry your daughter. I promise that I would treat her kindly and faithfully as long as I shall live. Naturally, Alicia needs the freedom to choose for herself if she would like to spend the rest of her life as my partner, but I wanted to ask for your permission before I posed such a question to her. So in a brief recapitulation, my Lord, do I have your support in asking your daughter to accept my hand in holy matrimony?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:
Ganit, keep an eye open for the members of his entourage. Make sure they don't wander around too much. Today we're friends with Varnhold, but there's no telling what the future might bring, and if we ever face them in a military situation, I'd prefer that they don't have ample knowledge of our land and fortifications.

Despite the after effects of his nightly habit, Ganit gives Bronwyn a nod and does his bidding to the best of his hindered abilities.

If drunk is "sickened" then I'll assume a hangover is a less sever form of the same. -1 to skill/ability checks seems appropriate. Feel free to pop another 1 off if you feel that's too easy.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 1 = 18
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 1 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 1 = 26

4,101 to 4,150 of 4,392 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.