Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


3,601 to 3,650 of 4,392 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Alicia wrote:
"Why would you need such a thing? I thought you enjoyed living rough with this group out in the wilderness? surely your bedroll wasn't that uncomfortable, was it?"
"Well, Alicia, I have enjoyed getting to know my new friends here in this land. Furthermore, I admit that I do enjoy being out in the woods, getting to see the natural wonder of this place. However, I also don't see why we need to suffer to enjoy it! I figured that there was no harm in having a comfortable feather bed to ease the pain of my back when I've been lying on rocks and roots too long. I also figured that I could use the caravan as a mobile workshop for my work. I can keep it stocked with material components, as well as my books, tomes, and scrolls. I hope to put a board on the wall to write my equations up with chalk, and I also hope to install a table that can double as a Sjakk board. I figure this will aid me in my travels until my workshop becomes set up at the new castle we are planning to build. Tell me, Alicia, how are you faring this far from the comforts of civilization? Are you finding yourself comfortable in this new home?"

"I see." she smiles as she thinks about this and can see how it makes alot of sense. I can see how it can be very useful, but it will need some work to become a true mobile workshop and there is always the fear that an attacking group might set it alight." she points out, wondering what his idea on that would be.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Alicia wrote:
"I can see how it can be very useful, but it will need some work to become a true mobile workshop and there is always the fear that an attacking group might set it alight."

"If we get enough strong horses and equip the cariiage with iron rimmed wheels, the mobility should not be a problem, but yes, the threat of fire has always been a concern. I need to find a way to make the wood resistant to flame. Eventually, perhaps I could try to have the carriage made from a metallic substance. I have also considered the idea of making it invisible or perhaps enchant it such that it was a sanctuary where nobody would purposely attack it. However,before I concern myself with that, my first goal is to see if Carina and Ganit can procure such a cart. They should be arriving soon, but I know that this was not very high up on their list of priorities. I think they all prefer to live the tough life. It is my hypothesis that they believe too much comfort makes them soft and weak. I look forward to disproving them."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Aron, are you still playing Delilah as an NPC or did you want me to?

"Her name's Delilah," Ganit interjects before the poor girl has a chance to open her mouth. "I've promised her a home in your kingdom. Any titles, gifts or honors you planned to give me for my part in fulfilling the charter you'll give to her in my stead. I'll hear no arguement on that. I understand you plan to rebuild the Stag Lord'd keep. If you had any sense, you'd have scouted the land and lakes surrounding it before making such a descision; since you're not exactly the most subtle or skilled bunch for that sort of work, I guess I'll have to see to it that the job's handled properly. Another thing," he continues. "Don't expect me to be calling you Lords and Ladies and the like. The Stag Lord fancied himself such titles but it didn't change what he was; same can be said for all of us."


The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Aron, are you still playing Delilah as an NPC or did you want me to?

"Her name's Delilah," Ganit interjects before the poor girl has a chance to open her mouth. "I've promised her a home in your kingdom. Any titles, gifts or honors you planned to give me for my part in fulfilling the charter you'll give to her in my stead. I'll hear no arguement on that. I understand you plan to rebuild the Stag Lord'd keep. If you had any sense, you'd have scouted the land and lakes surrounding it before making such a descision; since you're not exactly the most subtle or skilled bunch for that sort of work, I guess I'll have to see to it that the job's handled properly. Another thing," he continues. "Don't expect me to be calling you Lords and Ladies and the like. The Stag Lord fancied himself such titles but it didn't change what he was; same can be said for all of us."

hope the picture is alright, wanted there to be the right sort of picture, but at the same time didn't want her to look evil like so many portraits there are of women with dark hair :p Or demons. Also you ninja'd me :p

Ganit's sister doesn't really say anything as Carina asks the first question, but about the daughter comment she laughs.
"I have no interest in titles, you take the title brother, you have deserved it if half of what I hear that has happened is true." she points out to him for the way he's speaking to Carina. "Brother, you should accept gifts when being offered them. You can make everyone's home-life better than yours ever was or do you want people like Josef Mordelle to appear in this new kingdom?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Works for me :)

Delilah D'Artain AKA DM wrote:
"I have no interest in titles, you take the title brother, you have deserved it if half of what I hear that has happened is true."

"I said I'd hear no arguements on it," Ganit repeats stubbornly. "That goes for you too."

Delilah D'Artain AKA DM wrote:
"You can make everyone's home-life better than yours ever was or do you want people like Josef Mordelle to appear in this new kingdom?"

"Thing about serpents and rats is they always seem to show up where you don't expect them. I'm certain we're too late to ever prevent something that from happening." It was impossible actually, he thinks to himself. Their kingdom may not have been formed without me and I was such an agent. How many more are still out there?


The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Works for me :)

Delilah D'Artain AKA DM wrote:
"I have no interest in titles, you take the title brother, you have deserved it if half of what I hear that has happened is true."

"I said I'd hear no arguements on it," Ganit repeats stubbornly. "That goes for you too."

Delilah D'Artain AKA DM wrote:
"You can make everyone's home-life better than yours ever was or do you want people like Josef Mordelle to appear in this new kingdom?"
"Thing about serpents and rats is they always seem to show up where you don't expect them. I'm certain we're too late to ever prevent something that from happening." It was impossible actually, he thinks to himself. Their kingdom may not have been formed without me and I was such an agent. How many more are still out there?

She looks at you quite defiantly when you tell her about the no arguments going for her too.

"The issue with snakes and rats, if you can still exterminate them. Only when you don't bother anymore, does a man like him get his position of power." she replies, using his own statement against him.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina listens as Delilah and Ganit exchange pleasantries. When they finally pause:

Delilah, I do not know what your always talkative brother told you, but I am to wed my beloved in a month, at the same time that we are to found the new nation. As my fiancée Bron is to be the ruler of the land, I will be sitting and ruling at his side. If you would be interested, I will need ladies to assist me. Ganit clearly is concerned for your safety, so, by working in the castle, you will be in the safest place in the kingdom.

Turning then to Ganit and raising her veil so that both mis-colored eyes are glaring at him:

You my friend are starting to sound like a mad man. You are a great hunter and archer. I have seen you take down all the guards at the Stag Lord's fort without a single warning being raised. Whether you wish it or not, the people of this land will look up to you and will give you a title. If you do not choose one yourself, they will choose one for you. I too have no interest in being called Lady Carina, but the people will call me such anyway. In addition, when we meet with those from foreign lands, merchants, rulers, diplomats, we will be addressed using the formalities that are normal in Brevoy and the north. Whether we want them or not.

As one of the six who rescued this land from bandits and mites and worgs and other horrors, you will be looked up at. Either you had better begin running now, or you better learn to accept the respect people think you deserve. Otherwise you will find yourself fighting a battle that you cannot win with any weapons.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Delilah D'Artain wrote:
""The issue with snakes and rats, if you can still exterminate them. Only when you don't bother anymore, does a man like him get his position of power."

"A thankless and infinite task I plan to dirty my hands with soon enough, dear sister, thanks for reminding me." He turns back to Carina and James with an irritated expression unabashed on his deeply scarred face only to find himself on the receiving end of the other woman's spirited disagreements. He weights Carina’s words carefully as he meets her bold and colorful eyes with his own of a flavorless pale grey pigment. ”So be it,” he eventually resolves to tell her. ”The people can believe whatever they choose to believe but I say the land is still far from being rescued.”

"Now, I think I've had my fill of pleasant conversation. I’ll take point. Keep an eye out for movement, bandits may be gone but they’re not the only thing lurking out there.”

Survival [predict the weather DC 15]: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 (rats!)
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 (+2 v humans; +1 v traps)


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson hides his face as the family argument begins.

Such arguments as I had with my brother once. I hope Ganit's family isn't broken as mine is.

"As you say Ganit, I will act as rear guard."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

yes your right, there shall be raining rats!. Lol, knew we'd get Ganit's character to agree somehow.

Most Ganit can tell about the weather it'll be fine and yo manage to arrive at Olegs with no trouble. You swear you saw a group of bandits in the far distance, but they made themselves scarce before you got within bowrange, recognising the group as the heroic group that took down the stag lord.


Male Human Bard 4

At the first sight of the returning group, Bronwyn climbs the battlements and awaits for their arrival with anticipation. The bard smiles when he notices Ganit is not only with the group, but accompanied by a young woman. He murmurs to himself.

Got a few tricks up that smelly sleeve, you old scoundrel?

The knight whistles for his horse, and then sadly realizes it won't come. He gets the attention of one of his apprentices instead.

Gwendolyn, please fetch me Bandit. Oleg, open a casket of wine, our people are coming back!


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

As Carina continues to guide the wagon to Oleg's, she slowly counts the bounce of the wheels over the bumpy road. Thinking about this brings a smile to her lips knowing that it will be Zorestar and his bony body being jarred by every bump the wagon hits in but a few hours.

As the wagon approaches the outpost, Carina anxiously watches hoping to see the blond hair of Bron charging out on Bandit. When the man and his steed finally come around a tower, Carina stands up on the wagon, hands the reigns to Delilah and jumps onto Flames back and spurs her steed to meet her betrothed almost knocking him off Bandit when they meet.


Male Human Bard 4

Welcome bac-, the bard almost gets to say as Carina boards him.

Welcome back love, how was your trip?


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Boring, I hate shopping. But, on the positive side, I got you this cool crown. I pull out the headband of charisma. It will look great on you as leader of the land.

I then step back: Do you like my tiara? I had trouble finding one that went with my eyes, so I went with something simple.

Actually, you know the worse part of the trip. It was guiding this ridiculous uncomfortable bed wagon that I got for Zorestar. I should have probably gotten it with stars and planets and mystical symbols on it as well. Or in his case, pictures of Sjakk pieces.

Smiling again and holding Bron's hand: So, how is the nation building going? Looking around the area I see all the wagons and tents of the settlers. It looks like we have the beginnings of a nation. Suddenly Carina's eyes turn the shades of fire and ice as she looks at him suspiciously. I hope you have turned all the young gals away. I would hate for any of them to suddenly catch on fire.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Carina wrote:
Carina stands up on the wagon, hands the reigns to Delilah and jumps onto Flames back and spurs her steed to meet her betrothed almost knocking him off Bandit when they meet.

Is the wagon an actual caravan as Zorestar requested, or simply an open backed wagon?

As Carina jumps into Bron's arms in a joyous reunion, Zorestar watches with a smile upon his face.

Well, it appears that they really are in love. Oh my! They have no reservations about showing such public display of affection. I sure hope this ends well for them. They really are moving rather quickly and hardly seem to know each other. They really should exercise a little more self restraint.

"Greetings, Carina, Bron, and James! Welcome back! I trust you found some success in Brevoy. Carina, how did you fare with my list of material component? Were you able to find the Headband of Vast Intellect?"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:

Is the wagon an actual caravan as Zorestar requested, or simply an open backed wagon?

"Greetings, Carina, Bron, and James! Welcome back! I trust you found some success in Brevoy. Carina, how did you fare with my list of material component? Were you able to find the Headband of Vast Intellect?"

It's just what you ordered :D


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I completely forgot the material components. Can we retcon that I got them. As far as the wagon goes, I was thinking of it more as a covered wagon, like in the USA in the old west. Covered from rain and made such that the ends could be covered if a major storm occurred. DM Aron will have to decide. I say just increase the price a little if a fancier wagon was requested. Carina, despite all her grumbling, would have gotten as close to what was requested as possible.

Carina looks at Zorestar as he comes out from Oleg's: Oh, you mean this trinket. I toss him a thin nondescript headband. I even got you a discount on it, so don't say I never did anything for you. It is amazing how an old geezer who spends all day staring at magical paraphernalia melts when a pretty girl walks in.

I also got you this wagon contraption, most uncomfortable thing I have ever driven. Has your feather bed in it. I requested bed bugs as well, but they were all out on that day.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar takes the headband and places it on his head. "Thank you!"

Carina wrote:
"It is amazing how an old geezer who spends all day staring at magical paraphernalia melts when a pretty girl walks in."

She cannot be referring to Alicia and me? It isn't that obvious is it? No that would be impossible, well maybe not impossible, but certainly very unlikely!

"Who are you possibly referring to? You do not think of me as an old geezer do you?"

When Zorestar sees his caravan, a warm smile spreads across his face.

"Ahh, what a beautiful site! This will serve me well!"

Zorestar walks around inspecting the craftsmanship with pride! Finally, he opens the back door to the coach and his eyes behold the one item he has dreamed about since his arrival in the greenbelt.

"Ahh, can it really be?! A feather bed! I have waited long and patiently for this item! I look forward to a good night sleep tonight!"

There better not be any bed bugs in it!


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina hears Zorestar's questioning tone when asking about the old geezer. She immediately has a big smile and has a terrible time holding back a laugh.

You are a riot. No, the guy I bought these things from in the magic shop in Restov silly.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"The trip was just fine Zorestar. I trust you and Bron entertained yourselves while we were away?"


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Carina wrote:
"You are a riot. No, the guy I bought these things from in the magic shop in Restov silly."

"Oh good! Obviously I am not an old geezer! Now I see what you mean. Clearly that was a simple misunderstanding."

Careful, Zorestar! You have almost given yourself away!

Sense Motive DC 5:

Bluff 1d20 ⇒ 5

Zorestar appears slightly flustered with this conversation and is trying very quickly to let this discussion move on to other topics.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Amazingly, Carina does pick up on Zorestar's discomfort. And decides to exploit it for all it's worth.

So, what did you do while we were off shopping? Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and go for long rides with Alicia? Please don't tell me that you spent the entire time reading books, doing math, and playing that foolish game of yours. What do you call it. . . Skatt, or was it splatt, or snack? Something like that. I certainly hope you did not bore that poor girl back to Varnhold.


Male Human Bard 4
Carina Stigard wrote:
Smiling again and holding Bron's hand: So, how is the nation building going? Looking around the area I see all the wagons and tents of the settlers. It looks like we have the beginnings of a nation.

The knight embraces his betrothed, and accompanies her view as she looks at the impromptu camp.

We have the most important asset we will need: the people. But of the financial aid and construction materials Brevoy promised there is no sight. I welcomed all the weary travelers that seek a home and a new beginning, and sorted out many who could work with us in the building effort. There are a lot of good folk out there.

Carina Stigard wrote:
Suddenly Carina's eyes turn the shades of fire and ice as she looks at him suspiciously. I hope you have turned all the young gals away. I would hate for any of them to suddenly catch on fire.

Bronwyn appears to not understand the nature of the question for a second.

There were many women coming this way, dear, and many have found employment in our efforts. Why would I-

Bluff check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Then the bard suddenly understands. Two or five memories quickly flash through his mind, of lingering touches, sweaty grapples during training and at least one bodice suddenly popping open for apparently no reason. All ending with him apologizing educatedly and profusely and hurrying out of the scene before he would do something he'd regret.

That's willpower right there. Not fighting enemies or carrying on despite troubles, but holding one's pants when it would be so easy to let them fall.

All this mental exchange occurs almost without any traces on Bron's face.

Carina dear, you know I have eyes only for you. Please refrain from fulminating our houseworkers.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Carina wrote:
"So, what did you do while we were off shopping? Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and go for long rides with Alicia? Please don't tell me that you spent the entire time reading books, doing math, and playing that foolish game of yours. What do you call it. . . Skatt, or was it splatt, or snack? Something like that. I certainly hope you did not bore that poor girl back to Varnhold."

"Well, now that you mention it, yes I was outside a great deal. Naturally it is difficult not to be, seeing as the trading post is mostly a wooden barricade. As for Alicia, well, she is clearly a brilliant young lady, who has not only the mindset and the demeanor to sit and enjoy many games of Sjakk with me, but she has the intelligence and foresight to play some very creative moves. So no, I certainly did not bore her as many of you may have been. You should also know that I spent a good deal of time working on my spells. At some point I will show you what I can now do with a rope."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13
Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:


There were many women coming this way, dear, and many have found employment in our efforts. Why would I-

That's willpower right there. Not fighting enemies or carrying on despite troubles, but holding one's pants when it would be so easy to let them fall.

All this mental exchange occurs almost without any traces on Bron's face.

Carina dear, you know I have eyes only for you. Please refrain from fulminating our houseworkers.

Carina continues to stare at Bron, then breaks into a big, but serious grin. You'd better keep it that way.

Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Carina wrote:
"So, what did you do while we were off shopping? Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and go for long rides with Alicia? Please don't tell me that you spent the entire time reading books, doing math, and playing that foolish game of yours. What do you call it. . . Skatt, or was it splatt, or snack? Something like that. I certainly hope you did not bore that poor girl back to Varnhold."
"Well, now that you mention it, yes I was outside a great deal. Naturally it is difficult not to be, seeing as the trading post is mostly a wooden barricade. As for Alicia, well, she is clearly a brilliant young lady, who has not only the mindset and the demeanor to sit and enjoy many games of Sjakk with me, but she has the intelligence and foresight to play some very creative moves. So no, I certainly did not bore her as many of you may have been. You should also know that I spent a good deal of time working on my spells. At some point I will show you what I can now do with a rope."

Along with your books on skagatg and the arcane, you should also get on on women, you may find it most interesting, and beneficial. And nothing personal, but I really do not want to know what you do with ropes in your you time.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit silently surveys the refuges, laborers, and wealth seekers scurry about their makeshift campgrounds. The coming weeks would sort the most skilled artisans and builders from the lot thereby raising their names above the others of their trade. Soon after those names will reign over the guildhalls and any others looking to prosper will be cut down due to the misfortune of not sharing the blood of the first. This was the promise of taming these lands. Smallfolk are cursed from birth to serving any number of ancient bloodlines in varying degrees of power; this was the time when those lines were founded and the once insignificant are given chance to greatness. Those who swore allegiance before the first brick was laid were the cleverest, and the most dangerous.

Atop his Felicity, Ganit rides up to hear the last bits of the ”Noble’s” exchange.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

A skilled liar. You'll make for a good king, Bronwyn.

”Construction materials nowhere in sight, hmm?” the ranger repeats, eying Bronwyn unenthusiastically. ”I see trees in every direction and I see unattended axes and barrel-chested men busying themselves with nothin’ but ale. I’ve seen at least two dozen lonely hammers and pickaxes and I’ve seen caves laced with iron and gold only day’s ride away. Put your most important asset to work soon or you’ll find yourself no better a king than a beggar.” Sensing the next argument, he continues. ”About your finances, promise whatever gold you like to those that rebuild your castle and tell the rest that whatever home or shop they build is theirs to keep. Longer they stand idle, more likely they’ll desert or lose themselves in ale, gambling, fighting, whoring and the like.”


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

DM Aron - is there anything else we need to do? I know we have 2 hexes to explore. How do we get the funds from the Swordlords to build the castle and start the nations?


Male Human Bard 4

Just to be clear, Bronwyn wasn't really lying. He was hiding his embarassment and attempting to save some girls' lives.

Noticing the rasp throaty voice, Bron approaches the ranger and hugs him heartedly. Lots of words come to his mind, including at least seven different jokes about the young woman now accompanying him. Instead he just says.

Good to see you, old man. Almost missed your grumbling.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
DM Aron - is there anything else we need to do? I know we have 2 hexes to explore. How do we get the funds from the Swordlords to build the castle and start the nations?

Think I covered the funds come in the form of artisans, some who have already arrived, but more and more are coming. Just doing this so you have time to finish the 2 hexs and then we get elbow deep into kingdom building. The artisans and people have already been paid for and make up the starting BP that you'll begin with.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Ok - was unsure about that.

Seeing that most of the group has regathered - other than Telias who is apparently out terrorizing small vermin and children - Carina steps forward.

All, if we are to build our civilization on the shores of that beautiful lake to the south, we should probably finished scouting the area. There are several sections that we have not properly mapped yet. And a lot of area to the south that could hold all sorts of menaces.

Unless anyone objects, I think that we should get a good nights sleep and then tomorrow we can head south. If we give directions to some of the guards that Bron has been working with, it should take most of this crowd 2-3 days to get down to the former fort. By then, we should be finished mapping the area and ready to start work on our new home.

If it is early enough in the day, we can start today as well.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson seeks out Ganit while Carina and Bron plan.

"Ganit this talk of kingdom building bores me. I'm a man of action. What say we find Telias and explore the area, maybe check up on the kobolds and find a good place for these people to start building their lives? As you say if we sit around here we won't get much done."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

I'd say it was later in the day since you traveled al the way up north, did your stuff then came back.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:
Good to see you, old man. Almost missed your grumbling.

"Yeah. Almost," he says with a smirk cracking beneath his beard.

Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"Ganit this talk of kingdom building bores me. I'm a man of action. What say we find Telias and explore the area, maybe check up on the kobolds and find a good place for these people to start building their lives? As you say if we sit around here we won't get much done."

"Smart man. Telias say anything about where he was going? Something about the way he moves... doesn't leave any footprints I've seen. Could make it pretty difficult to track him down. Who knows, if we start on our own might be he'll seek us out."


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"I've not seen hide nor hair of him lately, which is part of the reason I want to find him. I think you're right, if we start off he might find us first."


Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"I've not seen hide nor hair of him lately, which is part of the reason I want to find him. I think you're right, if we start off he might find us first."

Delilah steps over to Ganit and smiles towards Jameson.

"Brother, won't you introduce me to your friend here?" she asks curiously and managing to subtly pinch Ganit as she does so.

1d20 ⇒ 16


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

ROFL - Delilah and James have been traveling together since Restov. Of course having spent all that time with an undead husband, perhaps she is a little less than perfectly observant.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Carina wrote:
"Along with your books on skagatg and the arcane, you should also get on on women, you may find it most interesting, and beneficial. And nothing personal, but I really do not want to know what you do with ropes in your you time."

"Carina, the pronunciation is Sjakk! There is no skag or tag in the word. It is an ancient game that has endured for centuries. Please kindly remember to call it Sjakk. As for the rope, it is a rope trick that I can use while we are adventuring. I have found a way to get the rope to tie and untie itself upon my command. Clearly you must see the value in such magic!"

Carina wrote:
"Unless anyone objects, I think that we should get a good nights sleep and then tomorrow we can head south."

"I could prepare myself tonight and be ready for a short trip in the morning. I am certainly looking forward to trying this new feather bed!"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina looks at Zorestar and just shakes her head. Ok, well you are welcome to play with your dolls and ropes. I will see you in the morning ready to set people on fire.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"Hello again Delilah. We didn't have much chance to speak on the road as I was riding ahead. My name is Jameson Addercop the Fourth, but please call me James. I stand on no ceremony. Tell me again, how did you reconnect with Ganit?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

[ooc]Sense Motive (Hunch): [/url]1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Ganit releases a low grumble as he watches his sister set her fancies to the knight. Always the damsel in distress, weren't you Delilah? Suppose it's only fitting.


Male Human Bard 4

Just got time totally tired and decided to check the thread before going to sleep. Boy am I glad. Zorestar's post alone made my night.

Sister? I always thought Ganit was spontaneouly generated from the ambient arcane energies in stable s&&%.

The knight suddenly notices what came out of his mouth.

[b]Err, sorry about that. Been spendin' way too much time with our favorite mage here.[b]


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar let's Carina go, clearly unable to make any connection with her, but he calls out,"Thank you again. . . ." as she departs.

The wizard then proceeds over to check in with Ganit.

"Well met, Master Ganit. How was your trip to the north? I trust all went well. Who is this young lady you brought back with you?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:
Sister? I always thought Ganit was spontaneously generated from the ambient arcane energies in stable s!!%.

"Sorry to disappoint . I was fortunate enough to be born without the curse of witchcraft the rest of you seem so proud of. Just flesh and bone and piss and vinegar,” the ranger responds with a smile that clashes hard against his tone and the weariness in his eyes.

Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
"Well met, Master Ganit. How was your trip to the north? I trust all went well. Who is this young lady you brought back with you?"

”Couldn’t imagine saying this before but you’re just the person I wanted to see,” Ganit tells the wizard, disregarding yet another question about his sister. Peering over his shoulder he scans the settlers with cold grey eyes and a scowl.

Perception (search for eavesdroppers): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 (+2 v human)

In a low whisper he asks, ”How much do you know about demon worship?”


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Ganit wrote:
"How much do you know about demon worship?”

Knowledge, Religion 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Knowledge, Planes 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"I know a fair amount." Zorestar replies modestly as he strokes his beard. "I am well aware of a number of Demon Lords such as Baphomet, Demon Lord of Beasts, Beluiri, the Temptress, Cailzel, Orcus, and of course Pazuzu, the Demon Prince of Air. However, only the truly mad would call upon these demons to offer themselves, both body and soul, in the misguided belief that alliance with the demonic can buy salvation and protection when the demonic apocalypse finally comes to call. Tales of desperate kings who sought to engage demons to serve as generals for their armies or of lunatics who seek demonic sires to gift them with horrific children are common enough, yet worst are those mortals who worship the most powerful demons as gods, and who pledge their lives in support of that which would bring destruction to all." Coming back out of his musings, Zorestar turns again to Ganit and says, "Why do you ask?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

I misjudged you Zorestar. Maybe you aren’t as useless as I figured you were.

”I found a few things up north you may find interest in. Too many eyes out here, I’ll leave them in your quarters later.” Ganit softens his gaze slightly and gives Zorestar a quick but appreciative nod in place of an outright ‘thank you’ then makes his way to the stables to recover the gear he left behind.


Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"Hello again Delilah. We didn't have much chance to speak on the road as I was riding ahead. My name is Jameson Addercop the Fourth, but please call me James. I stand on no ceremony. Tell me again, how did you reconnect with Ganit?"

"I'm sorry, me and my brother had a rough reunion." she admitted freely, shrugging as she does. "You have such a noble name. Are you a real knight? Along with that man over there." she pointed in Bronwyn's direction.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Ganit wrote:
”I found a few things up north you may find interest in. Too many eyes out here, I’ll leave them in your quarters later.”

"Thank you, Master Ganit! I will look forward to reading them. Just remember that my quarters will now be in the back of my caravan!"

Hmm? I think I lost some ground with Carina, but Ganit actually nodded at me! I've never seen that before. Maybe I am making some progress out here!"

Zorestar notices Bron visiting with James, but instead of interrupting them, he seeks out Alicia. "Well, the others have returned. Things will feel differently around here now that they are back. Unfortunately, I will need to leave with them tomorrow. Due to the nature of this exploration they have proposed, I'm afraid you will likely need to stay here. I look forward to the completion of the castle when we can all stay together under the same roof with the comforts of home. However, in the meantime, it will be safer for you here. Alicia, my dear, I will miss our walks, talks, and games of Sjakk we have played together. Will you be ok here at Oleg's on your own for a little while?"


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Ganit wrote:
”I found a few things up north you may find interest in. Too many eyes out here, I’ll leave them in your quarters later.”

"Thank you, Master Ganit! I will look forward to reading them. Just remember that my quarters will now be in the back of my caravan!"

Hmm? I think I lost some ground with Carina, but Ganit actually nodded at me! I've never seen that before. Maybe I am making some progress out here!"

Zorestar notices Bron visiting with James, but instead of interrupting them, he seeks out Alicia. "Well, the others have returned. Things will feel differently around here now that they are back. Unfortunately, I will need to leave with them tomorrow. Due to the nature of this exploration they have proposed, I'm afraid you will likely need to stay here. I look forward to the completion of the castle when we can all stay together under the same roof with the comforts of home. However, in the meantime, it will be safer for you here. Alicia, my dear, I will miss our walks, talks, and games of Sjakk we have played together. Will you be ok here at Oleg's on your own for a little while?"

"I will be fine. I have been speaking with Svetlana and getting along well with her so we can keep each other occupied." at the mention of the castle she smiles brightly. "Indeed, I look forward to it too. If you continue your adventures out here you can decorate it with stuffed creatures you manage to defeat. I've learned that many nobles do it, but most only get it for hunters."

Funnily enough, when I was a player in part 2 there was a random encounter with a Wyvern and we got the city people to haul it back and stuff it to have in the throne room.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Alicia wrote:
""Indeed, I look forward to it too. If you continue your adventures out here you can decorate it with stuffed creatures you manage to defeat. I've learned that many nobles do it, but most only get it for hunters."

"Indeed I am certain that this castle will very much have the feel of a museum, both in terms of recording the natural history of the area, but also as a place of learning where the people can come and open their minds to the possibilities of the unlimited!"

Zorestar spends the evening enjoying the company of Alicia and the others around the common room at Oleg's. However, he keeps an eye out to see if Ganit delivers anything to his Caravan.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

As evening turns to dusk, Ganit drops by Zorestar's wagon with Mordelle's knife and (un)holy symbol and stuffs them beneath the wizard's feather bed. Afterwards he wanders a short way down to the campgrounds to stake out a good vantage point on the caravan. Remaining inconspicuous in the hustle of the settlers, he rolls a cigarette, lights it and watching for any activity.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 (+2 v human)
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 (+2 v human)

3,601 to 3,650 of 4,392 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.