Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


3,501 to 3,550 of 4,392 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Servant wrote:
""A little, but he and his family act unkind and are playing with fire, seeing themselves as immortal." she states as she shakes her head at this "They were unkind, but we wish to escape the bloodshed that will arrive and spread, once the other nobles start to use their blades instead of words to sort out their problems."
"Well, I do hope your work conditions will be much better for you here. At the very least, you shall be treated with a great deal more of respect. Now, tell me your name, please. Furthermore, kindly tell me what rate of pay you worked for under your previous employers."

"Jenifer Smith, my lord." she gives a bow as she states her name. "The average wage in silver, we are usuallly live ins and live better than most do."

their wage will be covered as part of the economy during building phase for simplicitys sake. The idea is they'd be live in servants in the castle to help maintain it with serving you food, cleaning the floors, cleaning any trophies you take home from major victories, chamber maids and whatever else you desire of your servants.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Jenifer Smith wrote:
"Jenifer Smith, my lord." she gives a bow as she states her name. "The average wage in silver, we are usuallly live ins and live better than most do."

"Well I am certain you will do splendidly. Tell me, Ms. Smith, do you know how to cook and make beds? Oh, and how are you with the mending? I believe that I got a tear on one of my cloaks that could use a little attention."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

DM Aron:

Since I have time before I am to meet James, I go in search of a furniture store and find out what the cost would be to have a covered wagon built which will include a feather bed and a small desk. Since I just saved Zorestar 400gp on his headband, I might as well see what I can do.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn acquires a few blades from Oleg's to use in the daily trainings.

DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
Some of the men and young boys appear to handle a blade quite well, as do the women even though some of the families didn't wish their women to take up arms, but given the chance they don't dissappoint their families as they show that they have some skill even though they were meant to be raised to be ladies in waiting, chamber maids, scullery maids, scrubbing maids and so on.

Ladies, your talents are surely wasted in the kitchen! This one has the makings of an Aldori swordlord!, the bard jokes during the training sessions.

Zorestar, put these gals down for employment at the fort! Ladies, what do you think about protecting your baroness? I know I'd feel safer if my dear Carina was being guarded by such fine examples of swordsmanship. Or should I say swordswomanship?

And thus was born the Maidenguard!


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ah yes, The Maidenguard. Greenstone's (or whatever the hell we settled on) most prestigious and skilled class of King's Guard known to date. I vote TarkXT to draw up the PRC.

DM Aron:

"The old fool was no agent of mine," Ganit hisses through his teeth. "Without my knowledge he botched whatever plans he made to kill you. Before, I didn't -out of fear for my sister- but now I want you dead; and I'm not about to let anyone else take that pleasure from me." Taking a few steps closer he lowers his bow and watches the monster for any signs of its intentions, "And I'm not going to give you the good fortune of using my bow, I'd prefer you die much, much slower." Saying this, the ranger puts the Stag Lord's enchanted weapon to the ground and draws a mundane dagger from the sheath in his boot, keeping the one strapped to his wrist right where it is. "The only thing I'm willing to join you with is the trip back to hell when I'm finished here, now point that ***damn knife at me and let the girl go! This is the last time we're going through this so you better f@#&!ng kill me."

+2 to both Perception and Sense Motive if he's still considered human (which I'm fairly sure he's not :P)
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Slight of Hand: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 19 (dagger bonus, wrist sheath bonus)


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13
Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:


And thus was born the Maidenguard!

I thought that the Maidenguard was some form of Brazilian chastity belt.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Jenifer Smith wrote:
"Jenifer Smith, my lord." she gives a bow as she states her name. "The average wage in silver, we are usuallly live ins and live better than most do."
"Well I am certain you will do splendidly. Tell me, Ms. Smith, do you know how to cook and make beds? Oh, and how are you with the mending? I believe that I got a tear on one of my cloaks that could use a little attention."

"It is my duty to learn those things, my lord." she states simply as she produces a needle and thread. "I and many others like me will be serving you all as long as you look after your people." she gives a smile to you, of course you notice Alicia raising her eyebrow at you.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Carina:

You manage to find a few people selling wagons and asking for a covered wagon costing the same as a normal light wagon which is 50 gold.

The Feathered bed and everything, being built or bought will cost 20 gold. You forget how much day to day living costs compare to being out on the road and you remember how people struggled just to get two gold coins to rub together.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

DM Aron:

I will pay a total of 75gp for the feather filled wagon and let the people know that the new government being formed in the Greenbelt, while not being one to give away money, will be generous to its hard working citizens. If that amount is not correct, let me know.

Is there anything else I was supposed to purchase? I have not had time to review the thread, but think that James and Ganit were suppose to get everything else.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

Bronwyn acquires a few blades from Oleg's to use in the daily trainings.

DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
Some of the men and young boys appear to handle a blade quite well, as do the women even though some of the families didn't wish their women to take up arms, but given the chance they don't dissappoint their families as they show that they have some skill even though they were meant to be raised to be ladies in waiting, chamber maids, scullery maids, scrubbing maids and so on.

Ladies, your talents are surely wasted in the kitchen! This one has the makings of an Aldori swordlord!, the bard jokes during the training sessions.

Zorestar, put these gals down for employment at the fort! Ladies, what do you think about protecting your baroness? I know I'd feel safer if my dear Carina was being guarded by such fine examples of swordsmanship. Or should I say swordswomanship?

And thus was born the Maidenguard!

You get the sense that many of them are happy to work for her directly as bodyguards, as well as yourself but also that they would be happy to join the city guard. Many of these women make it obvious that they find you quite attractive, but feel let down when you bring up Carina.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Ah yes, The Maidenguard. Greenstone's (or whatever the hell we settled on) most prestigious and skilled class of King's Guard known to date. I vote TarkXT to draw up the PRC.

** spoiler omitted **

Ganit:

He staggers forward and attacks with the knife, slashing down low and getting a cut on you, but you had taken hard hits in the stolen lands and this is just a flesh wound compared to what you're used to. His jaw snaps open as if he's hungry for your flesh as the rag comes loose.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Carina:

50 + 20 = 70gp so off by 5 and it was for a bed to be build in it I believe rarther than be filled with feathers.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
Carina Stigard wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **

DM Aron:

The extra 5 were a tip I am charging to Zorestar since I saved him 400 on the headband. Lol. Trying to build goodwill anywhere I can.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

DM Aron:

Ganit barely winces at the slice to his leg as he grimaces and grabs for the hand holding the knife that cut him.
Since simply trading attack rolls is pretty lame...
CMB Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 vs Mordelle's CMD + any damage from successful AoO

He's an Undead creature right? FE is my only saving grace in melee so I just want to be positively sure.

Incredibly Helpful Grapple Flowchart


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Ganit:

You knock him down easily, using your blade as best as you can whilst Mordelle stabs out, but seems unable to strike you with his blade, yet you drive yours into his chest several times.

he most certainly isn't alive in the normal living sense. He is indeed undead so favoured enemy won't work on him, though sneak attacks would. He doesn't seem to be focusing on breaking the grapple, but just stabbing towards you.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
Carina Stigard wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **

Carina:

Fair enough. It's a average sized wagon, good for carrying 1000 lbs worth of goods but no more.

As you wait a woman passes, wearing a robe of a religous woman to the holy order of some kind.
"Hello dear." she gives a glowing smile. "I've not seen you around before. My name is Goody Niska and my lady blesses her children, such as you." as she says this she gives a bright smile as she looks at your eyes in wonderment.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

DM Aron:

"How does it feel, Mordelle?" Ganit sneers as he twists the creature's wrist and pushes him into the dirt. "How does it feel to know that when I kill you there's no chance at coming back? This 'body' of yours will be burned for starters. Afterwards, I'll make it my mission that your name will be forgotten."

Maintain Grapple: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 5 = 17 vs Mordelle's CMD-2
Grapple (Pin): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 vs Mordelle's CMD-2

I didn't realize that above link was a dud. Try this one.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

DM Aron:

Carina looks at the woman, surprised to be adressed and unsure as to how to react to the comments which she assumes arises from her two colored eyes.

Thank you sister. And who would your lady be? I am unfamiliar with your order.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Jen Smith wrote:
"I and many others like me will be serving you all as long as you look after your people."

"Very well, my dear. Well, make your selves at home for now, but don't get too settled. We are working on a new center of operations and I believe we will be moving their shortly. I'll let you know the plan as soon as I can."

After Zorestar catches Alicia's eyebrow being raised, he quickly dismisses the servant and quickly makes his way over to visit with Alicia.

"Alicia, my dear! I am delighted to see that you are still present! I hope you are making yourself right at home. I'm surprised that you did not depart with Carina and the others in their shopping trip. They are returning to Restov for a short while to acquire some much needed provisions and a few luxuries including a new feather bed for my sensitive back. The rough road really hasn't been good for me."

"Tell me, Alicia, would you like to pass the time with a friendly game of Sjakk? I could show you everything you need to know how to play."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Ganit:

He doesn't say anything and just continues to fight against you, however he stops moving and the body becomes limp once again. Dhalia calls out to you.
"Please, let's get out of here. Leave his body to rot." as she says this you snap out of it and notice that he's actually been dead when you first pinned him down, but the rage had blinded you. Your dagger is buried deep in his chest and appears to have destroyed his heart from all the twisting of the blade and thrusting with it. Dhalia struggles against the bonds, but she seems to be unable to break the bond, but the pulling does knock over a open flame that instantly sets alight all the fabric decorating this makeshift shrine.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Carina:

"Goody Niska, miss." she gives a polite bow "I am a follower of Arshea, a Empyreal Lord." at this she reveals her wooden symbol that appears to be shaped like a androgynous figure, possibly female or even male, but it's difficult to tell but she is also depicted dancing.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

DM Aron:

Carina is a little confused and scrunches her face trying to recall if she knows of this deity.

Intelligence: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

I am sorry, I am not that familiar with Arshea. Isn't she a patron of sexuality and similar domains?

As some of the areas of Arshea's realm dawn on Carina, her face suddenly takes on a slightly questioning and simultaneously interested look.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Jen Smith wrote:
"I and many others like me will be serving you all as long as you look after your people."

"Very well, my dear. Well, make your selves at home for now, but don't get too settled. We are working on a new center of operations and I believe we will be moving their shortly. I'll let you know the plan as soon as I can."

After Zorestar catches Alicia's eyebrow being raised, he quickly dismisses the servant and quickly makes his way over to visit with Alicia.

"Alicia, my dear! I am delighted to see that you are still present! I hope you are making yourself right at home. I'm surprised that you did not depart with Carina and the others in their shopping trip. They are returning to Restov for a short while to acquire some much needed provisions and a few luxuries including a new feather bed for my sensitive back. The rough road really hasn't been good for me."

"Tell me, Alicia, would you like to pass the time with a friendly game of Sjakk? I could show you everything you need to know how to play."

Alicia smiles as you make your way to her.

"I have no interest in returning to Brevoy, especially with all the infighting up north." she smiles as she sits down with Zorestar at the offer of Sjakk. "I learnt to play as a little girl. My dad taught me and I have a lot of experience." she smiles as she helps you set up the peices and then gets ready to begin play.

After a few minutes you can tell that she is very good at the game and could have been a good challenge for one of your masters. No matter who wins each game, you are both having a lot of fun attempting to out think one another. At times your hands touch each-other's softly accidently, however you both shyly don't comment on it.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

DM Aron:

Ganit stands and flashes a bewildered look between his sister and his adversary. What the hell's going on here? I didn't even stick him with my knife, or did I?

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"This doesn't make any sense! What's happening here? WHO ARE YOU!?" His voice cracks as he screams at her, his grey eyes showing his hysterical disbelief. "Tell me the truth or I'll leave you here to burn with your husband."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Ganit:

I thought you had stabbed him in the struggle.

Dhalia appears shocked in fear as her own brother is accusing her of such things. Tears well up in her eyes.
"What has the wild done to you, brother? Do you not recognise your own sister?" she begs as the body of Josef Mordelle begins to move again and as you turn his mouth seems to form a grin. "You can't escape what you are, kill your sister just like you killed your youngest by ignoring your family." the body then rises up and points the knife at you accusingly. "If I die again here, I'll be dragging your soul to hell with me."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Carina:

"And physical beauty. Perhaps she's the God for you as you are so beautiful yourself with those interesting eyes giving you a even better look." she smiles towards you and gives you a bow "I often help people with healing and delivering children, but I'd like to find somewhere new to continue my good work. Things are getting too destructive up here."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

DM Aron:

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Being completely oblivious, Carina continues to listen to the woman.

Well, if you are interested in a change, I am planning on moving to the new nation being founded in the Stolen Lands. I am sure that the rulers would accept a skilled healer such as yourself.

Sorry, typing on my iphone.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

DM Aron:
No worries. I've spent all my standard attacks on grapples so there hasn't been time to 'attack' attack. Since I haven't actually roll damage yet I thought maybe I was fighting an illusion or something. Before I dig myself any deeper, can I get a quick picture of what exactly is happening?


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Alicia wrote:
"I learnt to play as a little girl. My dad taught me and I have a lot of experience."

"You have made that abundantly clear in all of your moves, my dear! I was not expecting you to open with the Torres variation of the Andoran maneuver. I was also most delighted to see you decline to take my knight on your twelfth move. Most people always fall for that line of defense. You certainly play your positions very well. Now tell me, Alicia Varn, what is such a talented woman really doing out here in the Greenbelt? You strike me as someone who could go anywhere you wanted and do anything you put your mind to!"


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

GM:

Jameson shrugs as he leads the woman home.

"I will face what I must and prevail if I can. You've done what you can, and for that I thank you."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Carina:

"I will be happy to." she smiles and gives a bow "I have to get going, but I hope to see you in the future."

Ganit:

What was happening was you were grappling and fighting Mordelle and he was fighting back. As you were grappling him he was taking moments at stabbing at you, first hitting you before you grappled him and the other times he's missed, being unable to cut through your armour. I assumed you had been stabbing him in the meantime. Also the place is on fire and Dhalia is still stapped to the alter, unable to escape.

Jameson:

She nods and continues to look forward, making her way to her home with her hands, feeling across the wall to the door. She gives a smile before entering.
"You better hurry back to your Baroness. She'll need friends like you in the coming storm." she makes sure you hear that before closing her door and locking it. The door itself looks like nothing more than a bit of drift wood, but it seems to serve it's purpose.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Alicia wrote:
"I learnt to play as a little girl. My dad taught me and I have a lot of experience."
"You have made that abundantly clear in all of your moves, my dear! I was not expecting you to open with the Torres variation of the Andoran maneuver. I was also most delighted to see you decline to take my knight on your twelfth move. Most people always fall for that line of defense. You certainly play your positions very well. Now tell me, Alicia Varn, what is such a talented woman really doing out here in the Greenbelt? You strike me as someone who could go anywhere you wanted and do anything you put your mind to!"

She shrugs and just gives a smile.

"I was happy in the city, but came down with my father as I told you." she stated moving her bishop out to the frontline, a risky move but could be a plane behind it. "I fear that if I stayed up there any longer with the growing tensions, my uncle might decide to cut me and my father out of any chance to gain our inheretance, perminantly." she makes a very serious gesture of tracing her finger along her neck so that Zorestar gets the point "Also as my father has always told me, you can learn about everything from a book, but to actually be out here and experience nature, talk with fey and meet handsome strangers you have to come out into the open." she blushes lightly as she just realised what she said about handsome strangers to Zorestar. "It's hard to believe how good you are. Most suiters I meet would never have kept up for this long."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I thank the priestess once more and bid her well on her travels south. Once I have finished with everything I get my good mare tied to the feathers on wheels and head back to the spot where I was to meet with James. Along the way, I chat with local craftsmen and laborers about the chance for a new start in the Greenbelt.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

poke


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Alicia wrote:
"I fear that if I stayed up there any longer with the growing tensions, my uncle might decide to cut me and my father out of any chance to gain our inheritance, permanently."

"And I thought tensions were high at my house. I was always the black sheep of the family, but I never feared for . . . " Zorestar completes the sentence with a finger cutting across his neck.

Alicia wrote:
"Also as my father has always told me, you can learn about everything from a book, but to actually be out here and experience nature, talk with fey and meet handsome strangers you have to come out into the open."

"Handsome strangers? Hehe! Have you met any of those yet? This place seems mostly filled with dirt covered, smelly rogues who show no interest in bathing! I do hope we bring civilization to this land soon, because the I think the smells have reached a local maximum!"

Alicia wrote:
"It's hard to believe how good you are. Most suiters I meet would never have kept up for this long."

"Whatever do you mean, Alicia? Visiting with you is like a refreshing breath of fresh air!"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Alicia wrote:
"Also as my father has always told me, you can learn about everything from a book, but to actually be out here and experience nature, talk with fey and meet handsome strangers you have to come out into the open."
"Handsome strangers? Hehe! Have you met any of those yet? This place seems mostly filled with dirt covered, smelly rogues who show no interest in bathing! I do hope we bring civilization to this land soon, because the I think the smells have reached a local maximum!"

She laughs and continues to smile as she looks to Zorestar.

"Well there is one, but I'm not sure how he feels yet but he appears to be very intelligent and plays a good game of Sjakk." she gives a coy smile with this game she was now playing.

Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Alicia wrote:
"It's hard to believe how good you are. Most suiters I meet would never have kept up for this long."
"Whatever do you mean, Alicia? Visiting with you is like a refreshing breath of fresh air!"

not sure you caught on, but suiters are usually the guys who try to woo a lady for marriage, typically in noble families where many guys will be after the same girl.

"I'm glad you feel that way." she smiled as she continues moving the peices as stategic as she can, but Zorestar appears to be starting to get a upper hand, though not too easily.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina has a dream of Zorestar being a buffoon, so she reaches out and attempts to slap some sense into him. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, it was just a dream.

It is tough with 4-5 different plot lines going, but we should get back together so that Bron does not wonder off and do something foolish - something he will regret for a long time.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Aron wrote:
I not sure you caught on, but suiters are usually the guys who try to woo a lady for marriage, typically in noble families where many guys will be after the same girl.

I caught the reference, but I think Zorestar is trying not to think that far ahead!

Alicia wrote:
"Well there is one, but I'm not sure how he feels yet but he appears to be very intelligent and plays a good game of Sjakk."

Zorestar smiles and looks into her eyes with a glowing warmth.

"Hmm?" Zorestar replies with a curious smile as the light slowly dawns upon him. "Well, are those two qualities you hold in high esteem on your list of criteria? There are certainly not many Sjakk Tournaments out here in the Greenbelt."

Zorestar enjoys every moment with her, as his heart begins to race, but he is careful not to appear too forward too soon.

Alicia wrote:
"I'm glad you feel that way."

"Well, Alicia Varn, from what you have said, I am hypothesizing that you have had a fair number of suitors. What ever happened to them? Did you have any that were well . . . you know . . . suitable? or have you left a trail of broken hearts in the path behind you?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Carina Stigard wrote:
It is tough with 4-5 different plot lines going, but we should get back together so that Bron does not wonder off and do something foolish - something he will regret for a long time.

Such as persuading The Maidenguard out of their maidenguards?

DM Aron:
Thanks for the recap! I'm not sure if you were going for actual combat or descriptive combat or a mesh of both so I'll stick with rolling for this round and follow your lead for the rest. Sidenote: I had actually come up with fluff and a basic skeleton for a new character should Ganit lose the duel so we're covered in either case.

The ranger's head, beclouded with anxiety and rage, throbbed furiously as he quickly weighed his options. Unlike the guards, he doubted his default inclination to simply cut down whatever obstructed him from his target. Which of them is my target? he questioned himself as he gazed between his sister, a stranger tied down to the burning alter, and the bewitched corpse of the man who had tainted his beliefs and molded him into a distorted reflection of the person his family had needed him to be.

Doubt-struck, Ganit deftly maneuvers out of Mordelles' striking range and rushes to the damsel's aid. He uses his knife to quickly saw through her restraints as he waits for another attack from his enemy.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 (Whetstone bonus, 1st attack only)


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson will head back to shopping after escorting the woman home. Once he has picked up any and all sundries he will await the arrival of his companions and then head back to their new unminted land to the south.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:
Carina Stigard wrote:
It is tough with 4-5 different plot lines going, but we should get back together so that Bron does not wonder off and do something foolish - something he will regret for a long time.

Such as persuading The Maidenguard out of their maidenguards?

** spoiler omitted **

Ganit:

Don't worry, I have many better plans for Ganit later on.

The blow was hard enough to carve into the brain of the undead Mordelle, killing him instantly. The body now remains still and silent.

Dhalia, so pleased to see her brother grabs and embraces him in a hug.
"I never thought I'd see you again." she weeps into his chest, forgetting that the place around them is on fire.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
Jameson will head back to shopping after escorting the woman home. Once he has picked up any and all sundries he will await the arrival of his companions and then head back to their new unminted land to the south.

Jameson meets up with Carina who has a cart prepared for Zorestar, however the only member that appears tobe missing is Ganit, but he did say he had things to do.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I look to James: Lets give Ganit another hour or two. We will still have enough time to reach Oleg's tonight and see how many settlers Bron has scared off. And I do not even want to think of what type of an international incident Zorestar has caused with Alicia.

We wait until early afternoon and then head back if Ganit has not shown up, after leaving a message at the agreed upon tavern.


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Aron wrote:
I not sure you caught on, but suiters are usually the guys who try to woo a lady for marriage, typically in noble families where many guys will be after the same girl.

I caught the reference, but I think Zorestar is trying not to think that far ahead!

Alicia wrote:
"Well there is one, but I'm not sure how he feels yet but he appears to be very intelligent and plays a good game of Sjakk."

Zorestar smiles and looks into her eyes with a glowing warmth.

"Hmm?" Zorestar replies with a curious smile as the light slowly dawns upon him. "Well, are those two qualities you hold in high esteem on your list of criteria? There are certainly not many Sjakk Tournaments out here in the Greenbelt."

Zorestar enjoys every moment with her, as his heart begins to race, but he is careful not to appear too forward too soon.

"Well, I'm sure we could always hold one once the city has been founded." she smiles to Zorestar lightly. "I'm sure we will find many interesting opponents in your new city."

Alicia wrote:
"I'm glad you feel that way."
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
"Well, Alicia Varn, from what you have said, I am hypothesizing that you have had a fair number of suitors. What ever happened to them? Did you have any that were well . . . you know . . . suitable? or have you left a trail of broken hearts in the path behind you?"

She laughs lightly at the comment of leaving a trail of broken hearts.

"No, I don't lead anyone on in that way." she states as she thinks for a moment "Some were smarter, some were boastful. This one relative of house Lodovka would keep talking about how his family had lived for so mant centuries un-opposed and boasted the last man who talked back to him ended up with a table hurled at his face. Another from house Medvyed has the worst table manners. I swear the table was filthy from drool before the food arrived." she laughs but then sighs as she looks back to Zorestar "It seems so hard to find someone who understands you and you can talk with intellectually, you know?"


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Alicia wrote:
"It seems so hard to find someone who understands you and you can talk with intellectually, you know?"

"Perhaps you just haven't found the right one." Zorestar replies with a curious smile. Looking around the place, the wizard understates the obvious, "But I hate to say it, but I'm also not sure that your prospects are going to improve by coming out to a remote wilderness setting like this."

Zorestar smiles, and tries to find the words to express what he is feeling, but the silence lingers a little too awkwardly as he comes up with his next question.

"Alicia, my dear. I do not know how to ask you this question, but I will just give it a try. I'm just wondering how you, uhm, feel about mathematics and the study of arcana?"


Male Orc Expert 5

Blah everytime I go to look at what I want it always comes down to I needs to save a whole lot for future scrolls, wands, and yes making Leshy's. So if Jameson could snatch me up a handy haversack that will be all I require sorry for the ultra delayed response.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 28/28; AC16,T14,FF13
TarkXT wrote:
Blah everytime I go to look at what I want it always comes down to I needs to save a whole lot for future scrolls, wands, and yes making Leshy's. So if Jameson could snatch me up a handy haversack that will be all I require sorry for the ultra delayed response.

No problem, will have to see whether I got that at a discount from the magic shop or not. DM Aron?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
TarkXT wrote:
Blah everytime I go to look at what I want it always comes down to I needs to save a whole lot for future scrolls, wands, and yes making Leshy's. So if Jameson could snatch me up a handy haversack that will be all I require sorry for the ultra delayed response.
No problem, will have to see whether I got that at a discount from the magic shop or not. DM Aron?

yeah for arguments sake, we'll preted you got that too with the same discount. He won't discount anymore as you're basically twisting his arm with that discount as it is.


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Alicia wrote:
"It seems so hard to find someone who understands you and you can talk with intellectually, you know?"

"Perhaps you just haven't found the right one." Zorestar replies with a curious smile. Looking around the place, the wizard understates the obvious, "But I hate to say it, but I'm also not sure that your prospects are going to improve by coming out to a remote wilderness setting like this."

Zorestar smiles, and tries to find the words to express what he is feeling, but the silence lingers a little too awkwardly as he comes up with his next question.

"Alicia, my dear. I do not know how to ask you this question, but I will just give it a try. I'm just wondering how you, uhm, feel about mathematics and the study of arcana?"

She gives a smile and a nod to that, though about the wilderness she just shrugs.

"It won't just be wilderness. It'll be a civilisation here soon too." she reminded him of this "Me and my father have every confidence in you all."

When Zorestar struggles with the question she waits, but then seems a little deflated when the words finally come out.
"I find mathematics intriging, but the study of arcana I love. Especially the mentions of Azlant and Thessalon and how their magic was beyond what we call magic by a longshot." she states as she smiles brightly, enjoying this topic. "It's a pity most of the Azlanti empire is beneith the waves."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Alicia wrote:
"I find mathematics intriging, but the study of arcana I love. Especially the mentions of Azlant and Thessalon and how their magic was beyond what we call magic by a longshot." she states as she smiles brightly, enjoying this topic. "It's a pity most of the Azlanti empire is beneith the waves."

"Indeed it is curious how advanced the Azlanti were. No doubt they were a remarkable civilization. One that I hope our own will aspire to become like. As for the mathematics, I mention it simply because I believe they are connected, and like the concept of infinity, I am convinced that there is not limit to what may be accomplished through you mind and the study of arcana. In fact, it is my hypothesis that whatever you believe you can accomplish, and creatively dwell upon within your mind, will come to pass. I am convinced that it is the act of believing that makes it possible. However, we must remember that the creativity becomes an integral part as well, especially as you explore the means for making it happen! For the unbelievers it may appear as the impossible, but for those who creatively explore, you begin to realize that nothing, I repeat nothing is impossible unto you!"

Zorestar cannot help but smile at Alicia, as he shares his hope filled thoughts.

3,501 to 3,550 of 4,392 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.