Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


3,451 to 3,500 of 4,392 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Carina Stigard wrote:
As a request, if we could all post who we are talking to and who is supposedly present, that would help. There are about a dozen different lines of discussion going on and I do not know which ones I am part of and which ones I am not part of. I know that Bron and I are chatting and that I have been making fun of Zorestar, not sure which other discussions I am in at present.

I think the conversation you're having with Bron is in the past since it was before you joined James, Zorestar and I to announce you were going to Restov.

I left that conversation just before Jameson started telling Zorestar about his brother (I wish I had waited around for that, would have put a lump in Ganit's throat).

Seconds after leaving that little crowd, I was ushered away by Bronwyn to have a quick little chat. The comment that Zorestar made a few posts up would still be valid with James and Carina since they're both traveling up there too.

I think Bronwyn is also in a future tense conversation with Varn about his daughter.

That's at least how I understand it. Telias could be having a staring contest with some sycamores or arguing with a field mouse about the best place to find snails. IDK, it's up to him.

Telias Markan wrote:
Carina Stigard wrote:
Lol - you sure Telias is not a long lost brother of Rendel?
Pretty sure Karlan would have remembered a second child.

Depends. Is Karlan's last name Duggar?


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Nope, Karlan's last name is Kickevil'sass.

Ok, how many more conversations do we need to have, or can we move onto shopping and nation building.?

Bron, you and I can continue ours in the back/sideground to figure out what we are doing.


M Human Druid 5
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:


That's at least how I understand it. Telias could be having a staring contest with some sycamores or arguing with a field mouse about the best place to find snails. IDK, it's up to him.

[ooc]What staring contest? The sycamores know better than to than to try and out stare him. And I think field mice avoid him at all costs. Something to do with the winged death that follows him about.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

poke - Where did everyone go?


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Zorestar wrote:
"Oh, and not to get off track, but I have been thinking of a name for our new kingdom. What do you all think of Verdaria?"

I decided to take the ooc discussion and bring it into the game with characters, but nobody seems to want to reply.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

That was one of my - I do not know how many discussions there are and who is involved in them references.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn looks puzzled at Zorestar's suggestion and asks:

Might be my simple instruction, but I don't believe I know that word, what does it mean?


Male Human Bard 4

Earlier, Bronwyn responds to Carina in private:

Response:
He takes her hand and gets carried away:

We will have all of that and more. The big ceremony, fat priests in silly clothing, the whole thing. But the ones who'll get married that day are the baron and the baroness, not Bron and Carina. Not these two people who fell in love in the most strange of circumstances. I can't wait all that time without you by my side. Please marry me, Carina. Make me the most happy idiot in this land. Nobody outside this room need ever know, if that's what you'd like.


Male Human Bard 4

Responding to Ganit in private:

Response:
Bronwyn grits his teeth, every fiber of his being wanting to protest.

I wouldn't be any kind of leader if I just let people around me get killed without doing anything to help. But you are older and wiser, although a silly stubborn fool. You can make your choices, and I'll respect them, as much as I don't like 'em.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Bron wrote:
"Might be my simple instruction, but I don't believe I know that word, what does it mean?"

"Well, Bron, it is not exactly a known word. I have taken the old Linnorm prefix Verd which means Green and turned it into a name appropriate for a country filled with such fertile and lush landscape. What do you think of the name?"


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"It is clear that you are all speechless at how to respond to such a name. I know you think that it was quite clever, but I assure you that is was quite simple. You just look for the root of a word and it all starts to make sense."

Despite the fact that only Bron answers the wizard, Zorestar smiles, quite pleased with himself.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Sorry I have been a little slow, work has been nuts. Just finished an insane week, and now need to catch up on all the things that I did not get done while trying to put out a major fire.

It is not a bad name, not that hard to say, but is it a name that will be the brunt of jokes among the rulers and citizens of other nations? Verdaria? I can imagine "Verdaria" being use as a synonym of some type of gastrointestinal ailment. I love the idea of a name showing our connection with the woods and nature, but also, I think that it should emphasize our strength and power. Remember, we are stuck between Brevoy, which is always tottering on the edge of civil war, and the River Kingdoms, which are always in civil wars to determine who is the most powerful petty lord.

Look at our new neighbor to the east. "Varnhold" it combines the founder of the nation and the strength of its defenses. I am not saying that we should just copy him, particularly since we are six and such a naming convention would be much more difficult.

Also, while I like the tie in with the vibrant green land in which we live, I can imagine most people having no idea that Vert or Verde or whatever it is means green. Most common folk here speak dialects of the Taldan tongue, not Linnorm.

While we obviously need a name, it should both reflect us as a group, as well as the land we are settling. But also, it should reflect the strength and permanency of this land. We are not going to be pushed over, we are here, and we are going to stay and succeed.
__________________________

Responding to Bron:

I don't know how to respond. While I have run away, so to speak, which brought me here. I am a girl, I always dreamed of a grand wedding and ceremony. With flowers and lots of guests. I never imagined being able to have such an event, after all, I grew up the daughter of a hunter. I learned to live on the land and to hunt and fend for myself. But now, I can live that dream, I can have that wedding.

There is nothing I want more than to be by your side. In my eyes, we are already one. After all, this is our land, we can simply declare ourselves so wed. But the people, the other nations, the deities who watch these lands. They have different views on what it means to be wed. I feel that it is very important to follow such protocol. You should know this, you grew up in a noble house. You know how those who lord over others frequently mandate compliance with their rules, even though they have mistresses and illicit affairs behind the scenes.

Carina gives Bron a telling look that if he should partake in such actions, he may find the costs far worse than the benefits.

I want to make sure that when we are wed, all who visit, lords, merchants and peasants, look at us as one, the Baron or Baroness, and perhaps someday the King and Queen, who were properly married in the eyes of Erastil and all the good deities of this world. The rulers who welcomed the entire nation to their betrothal to celebrate the union of two lovers, two lovers who became one as they took the reigns to justly rule the land.

Please do not take this the wrong way. If the circumstances were different, if you were not destined to become the ruler of this great nation, then I would run away to Jhod this afternoon. But, I think that the circumstances mandate that we do not do so for now.

Carina then looks deeply into Bron's eyes and take a deep breath.

I don't think that this has been properly asked, but . . .

Carina then takes another breath while she pauses, she then continues unsteadily, unlike her usual assertive self.

Bronwyn will you do me the honor of being my husband?


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Responding to Bron:
"Giving people the freedom to make those decisions for themselves is what will make you a good ruler," Ganit assures the bard sagaciously. "Assuming all goes well, I'll be back in a month or so to check up on you. So long as you're not trekking out in the wilds, you won't even notice I'm gone."


Male Human Bard 4

Responding to Ganit:
And that is precisely what I intend to do. We can't bring hundreds of settlers to the fort without knowing what lies just a few miles west of us. We still need to explore and map that region.


Male Human Bard 4

I'll side with Carina on this one. I'd rather have something people could relate and understand. Maybe even something simple like Greenwood or Stagholt or something.

Don't know if it has modern-day usage, but a holt is "an area of woodland, e.g. a grove or copse, especially as a place-name in Great Britain, Scandinavia, Iceland, and Germany (with variant spellings)" according to wikipedia.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Bron - I have a response to your post at the bottom of my last post in a spoiler in case you missed it.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Responding to Bron:
"Gwen would serve as a capable guide if you need her. The old man may know the land better but his gimp leg would slow you down and he can't manage to kill what he shoots. Haven't seen him on horseback in a while, could be that would make the difference. Anyway, it'd be best to talk to them... y'know, just in case... things don't go well."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

We can retcon any more conversations (me and Bron, Bron and Ganit, Ganit and his girlfriend, etc.) Lets head north.

After the men from Varnhold leave, Ganit, James and I head north toward Restov to make one more shopping trip before the Swordlords decide that we are enemies.

Bron may or may not be going with us. Might be good, as he and I can return south sooner while James waits with his armor and Ganit seeks out people to kill because he thinks it needs to be done.

Zorestar is going to study the air speed velocity of a sparrow (not sure if it will be an African or European sparrow though). He really wants to know whether once could carry a coconut. I also expect him to continue working on alienating Alicia.

Telias I would assume will keep terrorizing defenseless animals living on the plains.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

It definitely needs to be done. Time for some street justice.

Before setting off Ganit unbuckles Felicity's saddlebags and stows them away in the stables, loading his rucksack only with the minimum supplies needed for a two day travel. Besides, Jameson was one of the finest riders he'd ever seen, it'd be a shame to slow him down due to a weighed down plow horse.

He takes a long look around the outpost, soaking in each and every detail from the weather worn placard swaying unevenly above the dining hall to the same unsaleable furs on display since the first time he arrived. "I'll be back for my things in a few days. Keep outta trouble," he tells Gwen when she comes to see him off. Her father was there too but he had nothing to say which was all the same since Ganit hadn't mind to hear it.

After they make their goodbyes Ganit counts 30 platinum coins into a cloth and sinks it into Carina's milk white hand. "What I owe you for the chainshirt. On second thought," he reaches into his pocket and pulls out 5 more. "Interest."

Paying you back 350gp for the armor. Thanks again!

"C'mowwn!" he calls at his gray mere, causing her to kick up to a jaunt towards Restov.

I'll scout ahead about 30-50 ft. If Carina is leaves behind that 50lb sack of grain we should be able to move at a pretty decent speed.

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 (+2 v humans)
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 (+1 v traps; +2 v humans)


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

and here's some travelling music for Ganit as he speeds off.

In Restov:

Below is not all that happens in the spoilers. Tell me in spoilers what your following action will be. Origonally I was going to do these in PMs, but this way other members can see stuff is going on and I am indeed replying, plus it's easier to track down too.

None of you are welcomed with open arms as you are here. There is a strong tension in the air and people avoid eye contact with you and any other noble that crosses their path.

Ganit:

After you get to seporate from Jameson, you search the location Beaufort told you where he killed Josef Mordelle. The area was a hidden underground passage, connected to a now disused hang out for the vile man.

In the hideout itself you find nothing of interest besides of scaring a few rats away. Down the corridor where the body should but you find the area where blood had been sunk into the ground, but there is no body, however your skills tell you that anyone who bled out that much couldn't have walked away from that unwounded. So you touch the area you swear you can hear him again.
Things ain't never what they seem. I once met a Tian whore, but she 'ad quite the package on 'er and I ran outta there.

The memories are followed by laughter as you and the gang were having a laugh at the fire place. The fire...suddenly images shift to the burning inferno of your home with you and Josef fighting only with daggers, screaming at each other. He gets the upperhand, but instead of killing you he looks around at the burning building and laughs.
"No...I'll leave you here. Don't come after me or I'll gut your sister." with that he stabs the dagger deep into your shoulder and the next part of the memory is where you wake up in a tent somewhere in the forest and a young elven woman is looking over you as you sleep. You didn't remember it before, but knowing now what you didn't in the past you notice she had a blade nearby all that time.

Awakening from these memories you also pick up a distinct smell in the area. You don't know why you didn't smell it before, but now it's assulting your senses. It smells like Sulphur and the scent leads down the passage, deeper into the untraveled area.

Jameson:

In your own personal time here, you come across a blind woman who calls out proclimations, pointing to some people and telling them that if they remain living here they will die and telling others if they remain they will become nobles, predicting births and predicting deaths and then she turns around suddenly, pointing right at you.
"You! Boy, you shall find and kill the one responsible." she continues on, pointing a boney, wrinkled finger "For your prey to appear, a great many people must dissappear and die! Your brother will get revenge, but only in name." and with that she turns around and begins to continue with her ramblings, telling people that they're expecting twins or still births before the guard start to approch her, with the obvious intent to arrest her. A few of them drawing Saps as they approch her.

Carina:

You manage to find a few shops that sell wedding dresses, however the peasent ones had hand downs from nobles that were, from the look of them, possibly left in the trash for a day or two. You do manage to find a high end shop in the noble part of the city where there are fewer panhandlers and more guards.

When you first enter the manager of the shop shakes her head in dissappointment.
"Window shopping, dear?"[/b] she asks with a bit of spite in her voice, however once you show her that you have more than enough money to buy some of their finer dresses her tone changes immediately and she fetches a few other girls to help with you picking out dresses and measurements for alterations.
"I must say dear. We don't get many customers...like yourself." she states as she looks up at the dual-coloured eyes. "So you are getting married, hm? What's he like? A young man who will be working hard and keeping you and your kids in the lap of luxury?" you get a sense that these are the normal questions that she normally asks, whilst focusing on the current store dress and using pins to get the right measurements for the perfect dress.

did Bronwyn go with the group anyway?

At the Fort:

Those left at the fort:

Whilst the others are away you all get to talk with the local hunters. Many of them claim they've never gone as far south as you have, but others claim to have seen some of the most disturbing of things. Some mention the presance of vampires who enchant men with dance and then drink their blood, man-eating plants, Owlbears bigger than the doors to Oleg's Trading post and even tales of dragons who live in the forest for an unknown reason, possibly guarding a huge treasure.

There appear to be a few families who have moved down already, staying at Oleg's until the kingdom is Established. They ask you, if they can serve you as servants.

They don't know about you building a castle, but if you do then they can stay there as your servants or even Carina's and the wives of the rest of the group's "Ladies in waiting" and they are all prepared to swear fealty to you. They all came from serving in other noble houses, but wished to move because of all the termoil that's going on up there and fear for their lives as it isn't only the nobles who get killed in wars. Sometimes the servants too for good measure.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

At Olegs:

Zorestar is delighted to meet with some of the families who asked to serve as servants.

"My dear, what is your name? Tell me what skills you would be able to offer in your service. Is this the sort of experience you have had before?"


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson shakes his head at the ill tidings.

Revenge in name only? Who does she think she is!

"You, woman. How do you come by your information? What do you know of me?"


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn will stay at the fort, noticing the increasing number of people coming down south. He will get Zorestar, Oleg, Svetlana and the others to coordinate a camping plan, stablishing clear lines for ditches and fires. The knight seeks to greet every new family in person, preferably accompanied by Zorestar to register the newcomer's names and responses. Aside from Zorestar's interviewing of the families, Bronwyn keeps an acute eye for talent, searching for inquisitive eyes, charismatic personalities or strong muscles. To anyone bringing a visible weapon he offers a simple test to gauge their fighting skill.

Are ya any good with that sword, boy? Try to get a blow past me.

To those that show promise or drive he offers counsel about their stance, grab or style, along with an invitation to join the next morning's weapon drills conducted by Kesten and his men.


Male Human Bard 4

Responding to Carina:
The bard is obviously at a loss for words for a few seconds. He takes her hand and closes his eyes. The honor is all mine, milady. I will wait for your return, and we shall be married under the eyes of a thousand people and the gods! They all will hear me profess my undying love for you, and they will know our marriage to be the foundation upon which this land will rise.

Bronwyn then opens them and whispers:
Was that too much? 'Tis all true regardless.

On the morning just before the group reunites to travel to Restov, Bronwyn gathers them all and announces:

Every people that hears these words has had a part to play in our success. In time we all will reap the fruits of our efforts, be it in glory or simple peace and safety. In a few weeks we'll be erecting not only walls and roofs, but an entire new nation. I just want to thank you all for placing your trust in me, sometimes when even I didn't. I hope to make good on your trust and be the leader this land and its people deserve. I honestly believe I take the first step into that direction today. In one month's time we'll celebrate both the foundation of this nation and the wedding of its rulers.

He takes Carina's hand.

Even if the fates would have us travelling different roads, I ask that in the end of this month you find those roads leading back here.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

"Our family has worked for lords over the years. We were recently working for Surtova, but before that my family worked for Rogarvia before they dissappeared, but I was only a little girl then." the woman states, now seemingly in her 20s. "My parents never spoke much about the conquerer, apart from him being a ruthless man."

Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

Bronwyn will stay at the fort, noticing the increasing number of people coming down south. He will get Zorestar, Oleg, Svetlana and the others to coordinate a camping plan, stablishing clear lines for ditches and fires. The knight seeks to greet every new family in person, preferably accompanied by Zorestar to register the newcomer's names and responses. Aside from Zorestar's interviewing of the families, Bronwyn keeps an acute eye for talent, searching for inquisitive eyes, charismatic personalities or strong muscles. To anyone bringing a visible weapon he offers a simple test to gauge their fighting skill.

Are ya any good with that sword, boy? Try to get a blow past me.

To those that show promise or drive he offers counsel about their stance, grab or style, along with an invitation to join the next morning's weapon drills conducted by Kesten and his men.

Some of the men and young boys appear to handle a blade quite well, as do the women even though some of the families didn't wish their women to take up arms, but given the chance they don't dissappoint their families as they show that they have some skill even though they were meant to be raised to be ladies in waiting, chamber maids, scullery maids, scrubbing maids and so on.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina smiles as Bron makes his pronouncement, tears welling from her eyes.

In thirty days, we start a new nation - and we Carina is looking straight into Bron's eyes start our lives as one. I hope that you all will be there as it is you that brought us together and also you that made our day, all of our day - Carina opens her arms and indicates the six companions as well as Oleg, Kessen, Kressel, Svetlana, and all the other new settlers - possible. We plan to begin work constructing a defensible fort to the south where the two rivers of this land flow into the lake. A place where we can all live and grow as a nation and a people. It will be there in thirty days, on the shore of the lake under the bright sunshine, that Bron and I shall pledge or lives to one another under the watchful eye of the hunter Erastil.

Carina looks back at Bron before turning back to those gathered:

Thank you all for making this possible. I never imagined that in these wild lands I would survive, let alone find love.

With that, she kisses Bron and holds him tight.

________________

In Restov:

He is a wonderful man - the love of my life. I expect him to work hard, as will I. I imagine that I am not that well known yet, but you should know that this wedding will be different than most here in Brevoy. It will be under the sun on the shore of a beautiful lake to the south of here. And I will be marrying the new ruler of the new nation taking shape in the Greenbelt. So, while I do not mind paying for the perfect dress, I ask you to remember, that the tales that bards will sing of the beautiful dress worn by Carina when she wed Sir Bronwyn will be your dress.

I do ask that you refrain for publicizing my being here in Restov, at least for a day or two. While I do not fear for my life under the watchful eye of the Swordlords, if something were to happen to me, well, lets just say there would be no stories for bards to write about your dress and the fairy tale wedding it created.

Damn low wisdom.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jameson Addercop IV wrote:

Jameson shakes his head at the ill tidings.

Revenge in name only? Who does she think she is!

"You, woman. How do you come by your information? What do you know of me?"

Jameson:

The woman sighs, somehow knowing you won't leave her alone. She turns to you, showing her pale white eyes.
"Though the gods took my sight, I am able to see what others cannot. I know your horse is named after your brother. I know, your brother was accused of witchcraft and I know that you believed in his innocense, but still took his life for the better of the town." she shakes her head knowing what'll come next. "No, I cannot tell you who was responsible for you are not yet ready. When a theft leads to the death of hundreds, you shall face the truth and I hope you will get that justice once again."

At this point the guards have arrived, the campain leading them being the standard guardsman, however the ones behind him look more like thugs with their saps out.
"Is she bothering you, sir? We've been asked to come down and remove this woman from the street as she's disturbing the peace." he states, looking tired and not wanting to just come into town to deal with a old, decrepid and possibly crazy woman.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

DM Aron:

How much does Zorestar know about Surtova and Rogarvia?

Knowledge, Nobility 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Knowledge, History 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

I presume quite a bit! How much will you permit me to read and look up on those names?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Zorestar:

Surtova you know that their family was the first to swear fealty to Rogarvia family when Choral the Conqueror crossed the lake of mists and veils. As their family was the first they were allowed to keep their riches and serve as stewards and duly sworn vassal lords so they only grew in power and when The Vanishing occured and the Rogarvia family dissappeared, The Surtova family moved in while all of Brevoy was in a panic. Of course, not everyone was happy with Surtova worming their way to the crown, but they hold the largest armies and other families would not be able to stand a full assult.

Currently. King Noleski Surtova sits upon the dragon scale throne in the Ruby Fortress in New Stetven. His ancestor gave his daughter's hand in marriage to Rogarvia, making the Surtova family perminantly an alliance for them.

Rogarvia family was fearsome, for Choral the Conqueror had tamed this once hostile land, taking down the Aldori Rebels. Those who resisted met a unpleasent death. One moment in history was where Aldori rebels chased Chroal down a valley, hoping to corner him, but that is where Choral released his secret weapon. He had two immense red dragons there waiting and they roasted the swordlords on the spot, killing them without a chance and turning the ground around them blacker than charcoal. This place is known today as the Valley of Fire where nothing grows and it is said that the tortured shades of dead soldier still linger, burning in firey shadows and with a hatred for anything living.

He left his children to rule, heading away and his children ruled for years until the day all of the Rogarvia family dissappeared. All anyone can peice together is the family went to bed as normal and then in the morning every blood relative of the family dissappeared, all the servants and knights remaining fine and no obvious break-ins or trails. The country was in a panic because of this sudden and unexplained dissappearance, but other members have found new jobs, such is obvious with Sir Bronwyn Raslov's armour, who it says he once served them, but he appears younger than the Sir Bronwyn Raslov you've heard of, though he has admitted to be his son. Knights don't have their family tree documented due to their many common beginings so he could have many brothers or sisters, but no one would know for certain.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit forces his clenched jaw apart so he could spit in the pool of dried blood he knelt beside but, to his dismay, his lips only split to bleed and his tongue was catlike: dry, sandy and in dire need of whiskey to burn off whatever it was that blocked his saliva production. Instead he resolves to pull his bow from the loop on his rucksack, unwind the chord and string it together.

He’s probably not alone, especially if he’s weakened. ***damned Beaufort had no right to come here, none at all. Took me ten years to realize I was trying to be something that I’m not. Time to embrace who I'm supposed to be even if it leads to Lukan dragging his sword across my throat like he would to the rest of the murderers and marauders. That is if Mordelle doesn't beat him to it. Ten years since Pa died and despite his lessons the only survivors he left behind are a coldhearted killer and a ***damn idiot. What were you thinking Delilah?

The thought of his sister lingered as he began creeping down the corridor, following the blood trail. The last time he saw her (before the fire) she had shown such progress as an herbalist. He wasn’t sure if she had ever taken after their father’s druidic talents or if she simply grew in her own direction but there was no doubt that her talents are what’s keeping that bastard Mordelle alive, but why? Why, why, why? What happened to make her stay? To take his name? To care for the man that burned her father alive and leave her brother to bleed out in the ashes?

Distracted by these thoughts, the ranger presses on deeper into the shadows of the underground passage. His anger heated blood kept in constant check by the coldness he felt as more questions about the situation poured into his head.

If she rises against me… will I have to kill her too?

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 (+1 v traps; +2 v humans)
Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

GM:

"No, she is not. In fact I was about to escort her home."[b]

Jameson motions towards the woman.

[b]"Come then, let us leave before these men have cause to make us."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Any love out there for our sweet gentle druid?


Male Human Bard 4

Maybe a female hawk approaches him?


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Servant wrote:
"Our family has worked for lords over the years. We were recently working for Surtova, but before that my family worked for Rogarvia before they dissappeared, but I was only a little girl then." the woman states, now seemingly in her 20s. "My parents never spoke much about the conquerer, apart from him being a ruthless man."

"The Surtovas are a powerful family. Did you work for King Noleski himself? Well, tell me why you are no longer working for the Surtovas. Were they unkind to you?"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:
Any love out there for our sweet gentle druid?

I'm sure there's some crazy nature loving girl (or guy) with a even messier beard out there.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Ganit forces his clenched jaw apart so he could spit in the pool of dried blood he knelt beside but, to his dismay, his lips only split to bleed and his tongue was catlike: dry, sandy and in dire need of whiskey to burn off whatever it was that blocked his saliva production. Instead he resolves to pull his bow from the loop on his rucksack, unwind the chord and string it together.

He’s probably not alone, especially if he’s weakened. ***damned Beaufort had no right to come here, none at all. Took me ten years to realize I was trying to be something that I’m not. Time to embrace who I'm supposed to be even if it leads to Lukan dragging his sword across my throat like he would to the rest of the murderers and marauders. That is if Mordelle doesn't beat him to it. Ten years since Pa died and despite his lessons the only survivors he left behind are a coldhearted killer and a ***damn idiot. What were you thinking Delilah?

The thought of his sister lingered as he began creeping down the corridor, following the blood trail. The last time he saw her (before the fire) she had shown such progress as an herbalist. He wasn’t sure if she had ever taken after their father’s druidic talents or if she simply grew in her own direction but there was no doubt that her talents are what’s keeping that bastard Mordelle alive, but why? Why, why, why? What happened to make her stay? To take his name? To care for the man that burned her father alive and leave her brother to bleed out in the ashes?

Distracted by these thoughts, the ranger presses on deeper into the shadows of the underground passage. His anger heated blood kept in constant check by the coldness he felt as more questions about the situation poured into his head.

If she rises against me… will I have to kill her too?

Stealth: 1d20+10
Perception: 1d20+10 (+1 v traps; +2 v humans)
Survival (Tracking): 1d20+13

Ganit:

The passage appears to end in a flat wall, but from the strong smell of sulphur you are certain that there must be a secret passage and taking your time you disable a trap that was a simple dart trap that would've been triggered once you opened this secret door.

As you make your way down the corridor revealed to you, you hear the all too familiar laughter of Josef Mordelle.
"So like your brother you decide to turn on me too? How dissappointing, especially since you gave up our child to bring me back, even though I only came back as this rotting and festering corpse." he narrates and just as you peer into the main chamber you see the animated corpse of Joseph Mandelle, speaking out loud. "I'll reclaim my power and take back these streets from all those wannabe bandits and brigants. As all the lords face each other, I shall rise up and claim this land for my own!" as he says this looks around and you notice he appeared to have a small gang of robed men and women in dark robes. He is currently stood by an alter with a knife in his hand whilst Dhalia appears to be strapped to the stone alter, stuck in a seacrifical position with two men keeping her down.

All these robed figures don't appear special, only a few dozen and all unarmed and probably farmers who'd run at the first sign of trouble. He turned to Dhalia and raises a blade.
"I shall take your life to restore my body, then I'll come for your damn brother." he states as he begins to approch her, knife held high.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Any response from anyone to my last post?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Jameson:

The captain sighs and nods.
"If you wish, no skin off my back." he groans, heading back with the other men who appear a little let down.

The old woman looks to you.
"I don't know anything more I'm afraid young one. I get these visions but cannot control them." she pauses and touches the stone, looking down a certain road "But if you insist...I am tired. So many people are not prepared for knowledge of the future, but I hope you are."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:


In Restov:

He is a wonderful man - the love of my life. I expect him to work hard, as will I. I imagine that I am not that well known yet, but you should know that this wedding will be different than most here in Brevoy. It will be under the sun on the shore of a beautiful lake to the south of here. And I will be marrying the new ruler of the new nation taking shape in the Greenbelt. So, while I do not mind paying for the perfect dress, I ask you to remember, that the tales that bards will sing of the beautiful dress worn by Carina when she wed Sir Bronwyn will be your dress.

I do ask that you refrain for publicizing my being here in Restov, at least for a day or two. While I do not fear for my life under the watchful eye of the Swordlords, if something were to happen to me, well, lets just say there would be no stories for bards to write about your dress and the fairy tale wedding it created.
...

Carina:

The woman seems very pleased and willing to give you a discount on the dress. Origonally the fine dress costing 1000 gold, but she's willing to bring it down to 750 gold, especially with that comment and you get the sense that they already have a good name catering mostly to nobles, however there is always the chance for expansion and getting more exotic silks and cottens to sell dresses to the most noble of people in the country.

"A ruler dear? Well, my Lady you will get used to wearing these fine dresses. Only the best for a wife to a Baron." she smiles as she works on the alterations to the dress, getting to work immediately as she clearly doesn't want to waste your time.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Servant wrote:
"Our family has worked for lords over the years. We were recently working for Surtova, but before that my family worked for Rogarvia before they dissappeared, but I was only a little girl then." the woman states, now seemingly in her 20s. "My parents never spoke much about the conquerer, apart from him being a ruthless man."
"The Surtovas are a powerful family. Did you work for King Noleski himself? Well, tell me why you are no longer working for the Surtovas. Were they unkind to you?"

"A little, but he and his family act unkind and are playing with fire, seeing themselves as immortal." she states as she shakes her head at this "They were unkind, but we wish to escape the bloodshed that will arrive and spread, once the other nobles start to use their blades instead of words to sort out their problems."


M Human Druid 5

Just letting you know I'm still about and trying to compile a buy list for Telias. He'd give the list to Jameson suspecting that the man is just thorough enough not to mess it up and just mean looking enough not to be robbed. Been on vacation and working on a bunch of other things.

Telias glowers at any who near his hut save those families passing by who seem desperate for aid. If they treat him politely the way to Oleg's seems easier and the path not as rough. Those who do not tend to find the hunting difficult and it seems like the trees and bushes themselves intentionally bar the way. Few suspect the mad hermit who seems ot be slowly disassembling his old stone hut stone by stone. Where the stones go, without cart or wagon to carry them, is a mystery only known to him.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

DM Aron:

I thank the lady and then ask whether she can direct me to an equally reputable shop that might cater to those seeking items of a magical nature. If she knows of one, I will head there and purchase the three headbands. If I need to wait to have them made, I will do so. I also make sure that all three are of an appearance to be worn at all times. Suitable for a lord or lady, but also able to be worn to battle or to a banquet.

Purchase - Headband of Wisdom x2, Headband of Intellect x1 <-- should be 12k total.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 <--using what little charm I have to convince the proprietor to give us a discount because of the size of the purchase.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

GM:

"The future? Who could be ready for that? I have enough trouble with my past without digging up tomorrow's bones before they're eaten."

Jameson offers his arm to the woman.

"I'd let you ride Donal but a trained warhorse can be a handful."

Jameson will take care of whatever shopping needs Telias has.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

DM Aron:

Before allowing himself a chance to second guess his actions, Ganit swings out of cover and fires an arrow at one of the men holding Delilah to the altar. He then strings another and launches it at the man on her other side.

Attack 1 v Flat Footed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 (+2 if Human)
Damage 1: 1d8 + 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + (6) + 6 = 14 (+2 if Human)
Attack 2 v Flat Footed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 (+2 if Human)
Damage 2: 1d8 + 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (7) + (1) + 6 = 14 (+2 if Human)

”There’s your f@#&!ng warning shot Mordelle, you sonofab***h. Another step and it’ll be your last,” Ganit spits, an arrow notched and eager to fly at his old friend. With the Stag Lord’s bow leveraged at the abomination, he looks over the remaining flock with burning contempt. ”I know your names, I’ve seen your faces, I’ve been in your homes and I’ve watched your children sleep. Leave now and I’ll pursue you no further, stay and I f@#&!ng swear that the Gods themselves will weep as they watch what I do to you and your wretched families.”

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Servant wrote:
""A little, but he and his family act unkind and are playing with fire, seeing themselves as immortal." she states as she shakes her head at this "They were unkind, but we wish to escape the bloodshed that will arrive and spread, once the other nobles start to use their blades instead of words to sort out their problems."

"Well, I do hope your work conditions will be much better for you here. At the very least, you shall be treated with a great deal more of respect. Now, tell me your name, please. Furthermore, kindly tell me what rate of pay you worked for under your previous employers."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Carina:

Thought you were after headbands of Charisma? Since that is Carina and Bronwyn's main stat. I assume the intellect to be for Zorestar.

The woman does point you to a reputable store and has the dress all done up for you, dressing it well with ornate ribbons.
"Would you like this delivered or will her Ladyship like to carry this home with her? Since you live outside the city, the cost will be ten gold, only because we make sure it arrives in perfect condition and we make sure as it's outside the city, we have people hired to guard it." she gives a smile "You might ask who'd steal a dress, but when I was younger and we sold a dress to someone who lived north a band of Goblins attack the poor courior and last I heard one of them was wearing it. Ghastly things they are."

The shop you go to appears to be owned by a wizard, sitting there in typical wizardly robes and even a pointed hat. He looks up at you through half-moon spectacles as he greets you.
"I hope these items will be to your liking." he states though he scratches his head at being asked for a discount. "I'm afraid I can't do that, but..." he looks back at his stock and then sighs "How does 10% sound?" he asks, though you get the feel even this is bending his arm.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

DM Aron:

DOH!!!! - Yeh, Charisma, not Wisdom.

At the magic shop.

Carina pauses and thinks for a moment.

Well, that is a good price, especially for a smaller city such as Restov, and as I do not have the time to travel all the way north to New Stetven, I suppose this will have to do.

She then continues. I will mention you to my friends and companions. These headbands are exactly what I was looking for. You should make more, I would expect them to be all the rage as we shall be wearing them while governing the new nation to the south. Should you wish to move your shop to our new capital once we get things organized, I assure you that you will be well received.

With that, Carina gives him a smile which may well cause him a heart attack later in the day, and then pays taking the headbands with her.
_____________
At the dress shop.
Thank you for your offer, but, I think that I would prefer to keep this with me. I have two companions who are more than capable of scaring away a few goblins. And, if I am attacked while carrying it and cannot protect it, then I imagine that I will no longer need the dress.

After picking up the dress in its protective wrappings: Once again, thank you for your work, especially doing this beautiful craftsmanship on such short notice. We have not schedule the date, but I imagine that this beautiful dress will be on the tip of many noble ladies tongues in barely a month's time. And, I will make sure that you are notified of the date should you or any of your clients wish to attend.

With that I give her thank you hug, take the dress and head off to find James.
________________

Let me know what the total is. I am not sure about the dress, but the three headbands I believe are 10,800 (3x(4000-400)).


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jameson Addercop IV wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Jameson will take care of whatever shopping needs Telias has.

Jameson:

"Some can handle it, others don't."she states simply as she takes oyur hand and gets on the horse. "I try not to be too percific about the future. If people don't suspect something, the things that will unfold will happen, but if they are prepared for certain things, they can deal with them. I only warn you because if I never said anything, you would be too stunned to act quickly enough to defend yourself. The vision is fuzzy so I cannot tell you what it is you will be facing." she states simply, clearly not undersatnding this gift.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

1d20 ⇒ 2

Ganit:

Both men at the alter fall down dead and the rest all run out, like rats escaping a sinking ship. At this Mordelle laughs and Dhalia has her face turned away.
"If it isn't my boy, grown into a full man." he states as he walks into a more lit area and you can see clearly that his eyes are just pale orbs and he has a hole in his forehead, possibly caused by an arrow. His skin seems stretched and he clearly appears dead and his mouth is covered with a rag of somekind. "You going to kill me and not send some old man to do your work? I knew you were a coward, but stupid enough to come down here and face me yourself? You don't have the balls. I bet you havn't even porked a woman, afraid of the things you've done in the past. So pathetic, you should embrace the dark things you've done like I have and I've never felt better. Join me and we can be together like old times. We'll rise up and take control of the thieves guild and then Brevoy. I offer it to you only this one time."

Dhalia turns to see you and cries out.
"No, don't brother! He woreshipps a demon lord." as she says this Mordelle smacks her and turns to look at you. "Who I choose to woreship, doesn't matter for he has given me great powers. Join me and everyone will bow before the two of us."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Carina:

Yeah, thought that was the case. The dress I believe we agreed on 750 gp for it and the headband prices look correct. Also I'll assume you all came up with a place to meet up later after business was delt with.

3,451 to 3,500 of 4,392 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.