Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


301 to 350 of 4,392 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Bard 4

"You are not alone, friend."

Bronwyn stands side by side with Lucan, shield up and sword ready.

Move to G11 and ready an attack for when the spider comes.


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

Tholamin frowns in concentration as he readies another one of his spears his horse already attuned to his magic made no move to better help it's master.

Ready to throw another magical spear also the spider will take a point of bleed damage on its turn from splinters, ps: im unsure if I hit again with another spear if bleed from splinters will stack thoughts?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Ganit's attack has the arrow imbedded into the spider, even though it was seen as impossible to hit it at this distance.

Round 2

Order:

Tholamin Medvyed
Lukan Swane
Giant Trapdoor Spider
Sir Bronwyn Raslov
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain
Zayne Dragoneye Atchin & Drakor
Cambyl

As the spider comes out to attack and is greeted by most of the group having readied itself for an attack and launched out at Lukan who manages to skewer the spider on his sword.

Lukan's AoO:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Out of combat now. You guys can decide to map out the hex or whatever else.


"So, I was the only one hurt, right?"

Celestial:

"Stupid Spider..."

Channel energy:1d6 ⇒ 3 hp.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit slides from his mount and walking past the monstrous arachnid still attached to Lukan's blade. "Well done soldier, it appears none of us were too gravely injured this time." He then looks to Cambyl who speaks a load of jibberish then emerses himself in a warm healing light.

He continues past the adjoined pair and closer to the entrance of the spider's lair, drawing his sword while he moves. "Trap door spiders will typically bring back food to their nest to consume while waiting for more prey to come close. There may be something of use left in this fella's lair." He informs the party as he kicks over the hatch.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Afterwards he approaches the spider, now laying at Lukan's feet, and proceeds to cut deftly into it with his scimitar. With the blade grasped tightly on the broad side between his thumb and forefinger, Ganit manuevers it's edge with surgical precision as he digs out the venomous gland behind the spider's maw.

Survival 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

I want to search the spider's den for any valuables left by any victoms it had brought back. Also I want to use a survival check to harvest some of it's venom for later use.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Ganit slides from his mount and walking past the monstrous arachnid still attached to Lukan's blade. "Well done soldier, it appears none of us were too gravely injured this time." He then looks to Cambyl who speaks a load of jibberish then emerses himself in a warm healing light.

He continues past the adjoined pair and closer to the entrance of the spider's lair, drawing his sword while he moves. "Trap door spiders will typically bring back food to their nest to consume while waiting for more prey to come close. There may be something of use left in this fella's lair." He informs the party as he kicks over the hatch.

Perception 1d20 + 6

Afterwards he approaches the spider, now laying at Lukan's feet, and proceeds to cut deftly into it with his scimitar. With the blade grasped tightly on the broad side between his thumb and forefinger, Ganit manuevers it's edge with surgical precision as he digs out the venomous gland behind the spider's maw.

Survival 1d20 + 8

I want to search the spider's den for any valuables left by any victoms it had brought back. Also I want to use a survival check to harvest some of it's venom for later use.

Ganit looks down the hatch, seeing a far way down and a body at the bottom. Though it is a steep climb down, but relatively easy thanks to all the webbing. Ganit decided to take his time anyway, reaching the bottom where the body of different dead animals and a dead human, possibly a bandit.

Deciding to take your time you find the leader armour on him, short sword, a pouch of 35 gp, silver staglord amulet and searching the body as well as you do, you find a interesting scrap of paper with a drawing, but it's too dark down here to see.

Once outside on the paper you see a simple drawing of a claw-shaped dead tree atop an otherwise barren hill, with an "X" in blood scrawled by the tree's roots. You aren't sure, but your years of being a survivalist in nature tells you that this points to some area in the Greenbelt, but you don't know where.

I'll rule it as the same check as someone with craft alchemy when making poison so the survival beat the Fort save. Since it's a animal poison it's a injury type poison and you shouldn't be able to poison yourself unless you are already cut and the poison will find a way inside your body. Since you said you were searching, I assumed taking 20 which is why you found the hidden paper.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit leaves the items he retrieved from the burrow for everybody to pick through, keeping only to himself the mysterious scrap of paper. It must be a map. There's likely something buried or hidden in the roots of this tree. I'll have to keep a lookout for a location similar to the scene depicted here.

Ganit forces the crumpled bit of paper into Zayne's open hand as he walks past him. "Keep a lookout for this tree, it's likely there is something waiting for us there" he says offhandedly in his cocky stride. While the others divvy up the rest of the bandit's equipment, Ganit goes to work on the spider.

Assuming we finish searching the area without incident, I'm content to finish searching the hex until nightfall where we can make camp, eat, and take shifts resting. I'll post the total gold in the OOC thread. What type of armor did was the bandit wearing?

DM Aron:
I think thats the best way to do this sort of check and thanks again for allowing this mechanic in your game. Would you mind posting the poison's DC, effect, and number of doses my survival check gave me?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Ganit leaves the items he retrieved from the burrow for everybody to pick through, keeping only to himself the mysterious scrap of paper. It must be a map. There's likely something buried or hidden in the roots of this tree. I'll have to keep a lookout for a location similar to the scene depicted here.

Ganit forces the crumpled bit of paper into Zayne's open hand as he walks past him. "Keep a lookout for this tree, it's likely there is something waiting for us there" he says offhandedly in his cocky stride. While the others divvy up the rest of the bandit's equipment, Ganit goes to work on the spider.

Assuming we finish searching the area without incident, I'm content to finish searching the hex until nightfall where we can make camp, eat, and take shifts resting. I'll post the total gold in the OOC thread. What type of armor did was the bandit wearing?

** spoiler omitted **

Leather Armour, think I said. Anyway, I rule it that mapping out the hex takes the majority of the day so you can either decide to camp here or head back to Olegs, it's your choice. Will use up another ration for each of you for a meal whilst spending your time out here.

DM:

1d100 ⇒ 51 with 15% chance

The day grinds on and you have mapped out the area, noicing a heavily wooded area to the west as you have mapped out the boarder area here where some trees are visable. Very healthy looking trees that don't appear to have been touched by mankind.

So, camp or back to Olegs?


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

umm excuse me i dont think it mattters much since u killed the spider but DM? u skipped my initiative completely. i was supposed to act right after ganit when he shot the thing. and cambyl was then supposed to take his iniatiative right after me before the spider went again


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Actually Ganit's action was a readied action I believe and so I should've worded it that he fired the arrow as soon as it came out of the hole. I thought Cambyl declared his actions, if not I'm sorry I missed someone out on their actions.


"Gentlemen, while we are still so close to Oleg's, I suggest we head back for the night. I could use a bed tonight. We should ask the soldiers there about these amulets before we sell them, too."


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan's spirits quickly rise as the dead spider falls from his sword.

He watches carefully as Ganit enter's the spider's den. He is prepared to strike any other spider that may be in there, but nothing jumps out. Lukan's apprehention becomes more and more apparent the longer Ganit takes to search the nest, but a few minutes pass and Ganit's head emerges from the darkness. Lukan grabs the back of the ranger's shirt, helping him up and out of the hole.

"We should search the immediate area as well."

As anyone who give a command should, he immediately goes in to action, folllowing his own order as he starts checking the surrounding bodies for anything of value.

Take 20 on perception to search the surrounding area completely.

While searching, Lukan looks up to Cambyl with concern after he hears his suggestion and replies, "You alright? Hope that bite isn't too painful. Oleg's is always a welcome place to stay the night, if the sun provides us enough light to get there. Otherwise, its better we make camp near here instead of traveling in the night."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"We may as well take advantage of his close proximity for the time being. Besides Cambyl is right, those soldiers could probably give us some better information on those silver pendants." Ganit declares as he wipes his blade off on the wiry haired thorax of the vivisected spider.


"Well, I vote for heading back while there's still light. Soon enough we will have to make camps further along. While we are close, I say we stick to the beds."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

After Lukan has finished searching the area and assuming he doesn't find anything of importance, I assume we travel in the marching order proposed in the OOC thread back to Oleg's trading post to eat, rest and talk to the guards about the silver pendants we've found. We can also sell the equipment found on the bandit and grab any other needed supplies while we're there.


Assuming we make it back to Oleg's without trouble, I will spend some time with the soldiers, though without an open bar tonight, have a couple of drinks (8cp) and channel energy for myself and any Soldier's that might need it.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 1 hp healed.
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4 hp healed.
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 5 hp healed.

I think we should keep any stag lord amulets we keep. They could be useful for us or valuable in dealing with the stag lord. That in mind, what was the final verdict on gold from the spider?


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Cambyl wrote:

Assuming we make it back to Oleg's without trouble, I will spend some time with the soldiers, though without an open bar tonight, have a couple of drinks (8cp) and channel energy for myself and any Soldier's that might need it.

Channel Energy: 1d6 hp healed.
Channel Energy: 1d6 hp healed.
Channel Energy: 1d6 hp healed.

I think we should keep any stag lord amulets we keep. They could be useful for us or valuable in dealing with the stag lord. That in mind, what was the final verdict on gold from the spider?

Pathetic haha.

Short Sword - 10gp
Leather Armor - 10gp
35gp

((20gp * X%) + 35)/6. Where X = Oleg's discount value.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

There's nothing on the dead bodies and bones you find around here. Most appear to be animals, but some also appear to be humanoids who were unfortunate enough to die here and there are no personal effects left if there were any that wouldn't rot away to begin with.

DM:

1d100 ⇒ 48 at 5%

You make your way back without running into anyhting this time, arriving at Olegs and being let in by the guards.

Kesten appears to be sat down with a beer, talking to a new arrival. The man was dressed in furs that appear to have been from local creatures in the area and a symbol of Erestil on his clothing. He greets you all with a smile.
"So these are the men you were telling me about. The ones to Liberate Oleg all of them with amazing skills. Some more...supernatural than others." he glances over at Drakor and Zayne before looking at the rest of the group. "My name is Jhod Kavken and I am a follower of Old Deadeye, Erastil. I need help with a temple to Erastil that has been lost over the years. It's somewhere south. If you are interested, I can give you as many details as I can."


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Zayne glances at Drakor who gives a nod then approaches the cleric and shakes his hand. "I'd be honored to assist you in this endeavor. Loyalty and service to your chosen god is one of the most commendable services man can offer. I, and my companion, are at your disposal."

Drakor gives a grunt of acknowledgement.


Cambyl grabs the man's hand and shakes it enthusiastically. "Wonderful to meet you, Jhod was it? Do you have a drink? Oleg, grab us a brew, will you?" he shouts to the room in general, assuming the man is nearby. "Tell us about this temple. I tend to carry my temple with me wherever I go," he lifts his mug in salute. It has seemingly appeared out of nowhere again. "But, I will gladly help another man of faith liberate his temple."


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan sits with the men, next to the guard captain. He looks to Jhod and smiles, "My father raised me to worship Erastil. It would be an honor to restore his temple."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

DM:

The Hermit Ganit D'Artain 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Cambyl 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Sir Bronwyn Raslov 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Tholamin Medvyed 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Lukan Swane 1d20 ⇒ 14
Zayne Dragoneye Atchin1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Drakor 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Cambyl, Sir Bronwyn, Zayne and Drakor:

You get the sense that Jhod is holding something back when he speaks about this place.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Drakor sniffs at the man 'Jhod' then looks at Zayne, a silent conversation going on between them. Zayne drops his voice and draws in closer to Jhod, looking the man in the eyes. "Sir Jhod, is there something you aren't telling us? Don't be afraid, we're here to help. Any additional information you can give us about this temple would aid us greatly in reclaiming it in your god's name."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Zayne Dragoneye Atchin wrote:

Drakor sniffs at the man 'Jhod' then looks at Zayne, a silent conversation going on between them. Zayne drops his voice and draws in closer to Jhod, looking the man in the eyes. "Sir Jhod, is there something you aren't telling us? Don't be afraid, we're here to help. Any additional information you can give us about this temple would aid us greatly in reclaiming it in your god's name."

Diplomacy: 1d20+6

Jhod seems apprehensive but nods.

"I...know this will be hard to believe, but I saw the temple in a dream with a bear guarding the entrance. It is not a natural bear. I have heard of other temples to Erastil in the Stolen Lands, but this is the only one I have a vision of. I can't explain it, but there is something disturbing about this bear and killing it would be the best way to put it out of it's misery." he admits truthfully. "I hope that restoring the temple will put me in good graces with Old Deadeye and the church."


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan looks confused at first, wondering why a bear would be guarding the entrance of the temple. Perhaps it is a test from Erastil? he thinks to himself before he speaks, "I'm not sure what you mean when you say there is something disturbing about this bear. Can you provide us any more details?"

Lukan waits after his question and allows some of the others a chance to talk and discuss subjects before he breaches the next subject, "So, Jhod, what do you think about this 'stag lord'? What an affront to Erastil!"


"A vision in a dream, eh?" he pauses a moment. "I'm not unfamiliar with the concept. They can be life changing, but I'm not sure we can be too sure of the details they provide." He considers the man for a short time. "What do you know of the journey to this temple? Are you sure of it's location? Do you know what we might expect on the way?" His questions are quick, but then he laughs. "Listen to me! You might think me an interrogator! I think whatever the path there, it is good we are warned by this vision of a bear. Clearly extreme caution is needed when we reach the temple... but reaching it might be difficult enough."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"So... To put this in perspective, you're asking us to locate for you a long forgotten temple and slay the seemingly menacing bear from your dream?" Ganit asks from the far side of the room. He takes a few long strides, halving the distance between him and the reproachful pilgrim then continues, "Suppose such a creature and place were to even exist; what, sir, would you see fit to reward those who quell you of your unsettling nightmare?"


Lukan Swane "Swaney" wrote:

Lukan looks confused at first, wondering why a bear would be guarding the entrance of the temple. Perhaps it is a test from Erastil? he thinks to himself before he speaks, "I'm not sure what you mean when you say there is something disturbing about this bear. Can you provide us any more details?"

Lukan waits after his question and allows some of the others a chance to talk and discuss subjects before he breaches the next subject, "So, Jhod, what do you think about this 'stag lord'? What an affront to Erastil!"

Jhod seems a little confused when questioned about the bear.

"I...I don't know what is wrong with the bear, but it guards the temple and seems to behave unlike normal animals. It doesn't search for a mate, it feeds only close to the temple and remains in the temple grounds and appears to scare off any living creature that comes nearby."

Jhod nods at Lukan mentioning the Stag Lord.
"Yes, however Old Deadeye wouldn't kill innocents and rob them of all their worth. This "Stag Lord" is the root of the bandit problems here and should be put to the blade once you find him." he seems a little bloodthirsty for a priest, but he remains calm. Only the mention of the bandits appears to irritate him.


Cambyl wrote:
"A vision in a dream, eh?" he pauses a moment. "I'm not unfamiliar with the concept. They can be life changing, but I'm not sure we can be too sure of the details they provide." He considers the man for a short time. "What do you know of the journey to this temple? Are you sure of it's location? Do you know what we might expect on the way?" His questions are quick, but then he laughs. "Listen to me! You might think me an interrogator! I think whatever the path there, it is good we are warned by this vision of a bear. Clearly extreme caution is needed when we reach the temple... but reaching it might be difficult enough."

"It was a divine message from Erastil. He wishes for me to restore his temple deep in the woods." he says simply as he seems convinced of his vision. "Take caution. Bears themselves are powerful creatures but this one is unnatural."

The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:
"So... To put this in perspective, you're asking us to locate for you a long forgotten temple and slay the seemingly menacing bear from your dream?" Ganit asks from the far side of the room. He takes a few long strides, halving the distance between him and the reproachful pilgrim then continues, "Suppose such a creature and place were to even exist; what, sir, would you see fit to reward those who quell you of your unsettling nightmare?"

"It is a vision, not a dream." he narrows his eyes as he corrects Ganit "I will need to be brought to the locations so that I can restore the temple, but once I do then I shall lend my magic, casting spells upon you all free of charge, apart from those with an expensive material component, of course."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Of course. How ignorant of me to neglect seeing the difference," Ganit responds dryly. "It seems my associates have already decided on the matter so I should hope your offer exceeds the costs should this turn dreadful."


Male Human Bard 4

Bron gets back from the bathroom, approaching the others:

"Liberating a temple of the Old Deadeye seems a valorous quest indeed, father Jhod, it'll be our pleasure." he says, bowing deep to the priest.

"So, my friends, a good night's sleep and then it's off to the woods?"

He takes a good look around, searching for Svetlana or Oleg. Once he's sure they're not around, he sits down and says:

"I spent most of my day thinking about something: The bandits we defeated; they were sent here with a purpose. They were sent to collect Oleg's goods, and bring those to the camp. I'm fairly certain that Kressle woman is expecting them to be back, pretty soon. If they don't, she may try to investigate or retaliate."

He sips a cup of ale, using that to make sure the meaning of his words sink in the minds of everyone.

"If she does that, this may go two ways: Either she and her bandits may find us in the forest and we'll be fighting against maybe twice our number, or she doesn't find us, and comes here to Oleg. Nevermind how courageous or competent Kesten is, he may find himself battling up to 10 bowmen. If they don't set this fort on fire first as retaliation."

"I hate to be the one to say this, my friends, but we need to get to them before they can get to us. We need to take the fight to them while we still have the element of surprise. What do you say?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Let us not forget about the task at hand Bronwyn," Ganit returns swiftly, though momentarily put off by the young noble's uncharacteristically weak imbibing of ale. "We must secure all lands directly adjacent to this outpost to ensure it's definite safety. If by chance Kessel is indeed leading a bandit battalion to these doors we will only be but half a days journey from reinforcing these guards. It's been a mere three days since we met those men with steel, any suspicions would only just now be surfacing. We have to take this one step at a time."

Ganit then finally sits down for the first time since they had reached the outpost. He removes his hat and pinches the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger then, by dragging his hand down his face, traces his cheek bones and strokes his beard. His sharp, unyielding eyes now soft, pulsing with the skeletal red veins of exhaustion. He takes a long pull from the mug of ale stationed on the table before him (unsure if it had even belonged to him) and lets the foam linger in his whiskers. Don't let them see you weak, old man.

He immediately wipes his face on his sleeve and taking his hat as he rises, picks up where he left off; "One step at a time... I'll see you boys at sun up. Let me know what you decide."

He takes his leave and retires to bed.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Ganit, kudos on your writing skills.

"Ganit is correct. We must secure the areas around this outpost first."

Lukan lifts the mug from the table and takes a swig, "A man can not eat an entire cow in one day. So, we have to eat this cow piece by piece and not overwhelm ourselves."

As a commander would speak to his troops, Lukan begins to lecture the group, "The element of surprise, while being a great tactical advantage, offers little when it is not supported properly through information gathering. We must find out where they are, how many they have, if they can detect us before we detect them - all of these things MUST be known. In the end, even with these things known, it is very unlikely we would be able to exploit any element of surprise as these bandits are always on high alert here in the greenbelt. The best chance we would have to surprise them is to ambush them here, just as we did before. But my best guess is that Oleg's is not worth the risk and they will not return until they can regain their numbers."

Lukan finishes his mug of ale with a smile. Although he appears just as exhausted as Ganit, he acts none the wiser. The long day of exploring, with the added benefit of spider slaying, has worn well on Lukan. He knows he will fall into the tender abyss of sleep and not stir. His hauntings will be warded tonight. "My suggestion is that we stay on our course and search to the West tomorrow." The soldier waits for an answer on their direction before he retires for the night.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Drakor will growl and stalk over to stand by Sir Bronwyn. "Drakor with Scar-face knight-man!" he rumbles. "Take fight to puny humans before we miss chance to slaughter with no reprisal."

Zayne blinks at his companion then smiles weakly. "Apparently Drakor is with you Sir Bronwyn. And by necessity, since I can't stop him once his mind is made up, I'll be going too."

Drakor gives an affirmative snarl then pats Bronwyn on head once or twice then stalks off with Zayne so he can return to his home plane to rest.


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

" I may have a suggestion. If we could find some of the local Fey they will boundless know where these humans are. As well as knowing something about this bear."

Having remained silent throughout the whole conversation Tholamin raises his hand and speaks softly, and then having said his peace he leans back against the building he was leaning on previously and waits for the others to decide.


Cambyl mumbles to himself, "I bet I could eat a cow in a day..." He then perks up a bit and raises his mug in salute. "I agree we should continue on our course. We will take all of these lands back as we can. We will get to your temple in due course, my good Jhod."

When others have left, Cambyl drains his cup and heads to bed himself.


Male Human Bard 4

Sir Bronwyn pats Ganit over the shoulder when he passes by.

"Gods watch over your sleep, Ganit."

Then he turns to the others, listening intently while they expose their ideas.

"Tholamin, you surely are a scholar and a gentleman. If we can find these... locals... the information they could offer is invaluable! We could skirt the woods, search for these plants sweet Svetlana needs, all the while trying to reach these wood-dwellers."


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

Tholamin thinks to himself Depending on what type of Fey they could encounter the meeting could do several ways, before they reach the woods at all he should probably teach his companions etiquette at least according to the Fey. For if they offered an insult to a dryad or a nymph there could be a possible war between their party, and the very land they wished to explore. He decided then and there to not let these humans ruin his mission by being as they were now.

Tholamin speaks once more, hesitantly, but finishes in control, his eyes meeting all of theirs before looking over to where Ganit had disappeared to."If we are however, there will need to be some...limits on what you all will do when we meet them. Whatever we meet will have connections to the First World, meaning ties to whichever court they belong too..powers you will not want opposing you. Powers that hold my allegiance. So if you want my help you will need to listen to me and trust me. At least in this. That said Tholamin waits for their objections if there are any.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

As the night goes on you all head to bed the night seems somewhat calmer with a man who can help heal the guards if something were to happen so Jhod's presance has increased moral and the guards remain standby.

Svetlana treats you all to a meal in the morning whilst Oleg seems happy with the increase of commerce he's getting from more hunters arriving through the day to trade with him and even a few merchants.

Oleg is willing to place a order for any certain items that someone in the group may wish to order, if you have the money to afford it.

The next day as oyu all set up Oleg is working on one of the catapults with the help of Kesten's guards in the hopes to make the trading post fully operational.


Cambyl wakes up early as usual and spends an hour at prayer. He feels a bit worried about the increasing number of threats that the still new band of adventurers is being expected to deal with, and asks Cayden Cailean to grant them the skills required to maintain this excellent adventure.

"Oleg, my friend. It is excellent that people are beginning to come here more frequently. I expect your business is booming!" he smiles broadly. "I was wondering if you might be able to acquire a Healer's kit for me. Sometimes these monsters we have do deal with around here can be quite nasty and I could use the extra bandages and such it would provide."


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan watches them repairing the catapult and frowns a little. He know how expensive it can be to repair seige engines and the repair of this fort must be costing Oleg a fortune. "Oleg, you wouldn't happen to have a breastplate lying around here that would fit me? If not, would you please order me one?" he says as he plops a large bag of coins in the propierter's hands. 208GP "Thank you." he replies as he gathers his things and heads towards Jhod Kavken.

"Jhod would you join me in my prayer to Erastil this morning? Surely he is bound to bless us all this morning. Especially with one of his priest petitioning for us." Lukan nods to the priest, urging him along as he kneels down to the earth and begins to rub the dry, cracked layer of dirt upon his shield.


Male Human Bard 4

Before going to sleep, Bronwyn responds to Tholamin:

"I'll gladly defer to your expertise on this matter, master Tholamin. Have a pleasant night."


Lukan Swane "Swaney" wrote:
Lukan watches them repairing the catapult and frowns a little. He know how expensive it can be to repair seige engines and the repair of this fort must be costing Oleg a fortune. "Oleg, you wouldn't happen to have a breastplate lying around here that would fit me? If not, would you please order me one?" he says as he plops a large bag of coins in the propierter's hands. 208GP "Thank you." he replies as he gathers his things and heads towards Jhod Kavken.

"I have one right here." he smiles towards Lukan and takes 200 gp for the armour. "It'll take some time to replenish some stock but I should be able to meet all your demands over the time you are out here in the Greenbelt."


Lukan Swane "Swaney" wrote:


"Jhod would you join me in my prayer to Erastil this morning? Surely he is bound to bless us all this morning. Especially with one of his priest petitioning for us." Lukan nods to the priest, urging him along as he kneels down to the earth and begins to rub the dry, cracked layer of dirt upon his shield.

"Certainly, noble warrior." he smiles as he sits beside Lukan somewhere dry to pray to Old Deadeye and makes sure to pay homage to their lord.

As usual do you wish to head south-west and either go stright thorough or explore the hex to map it out. Will update map soon.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

The priest's presence had left an unsavory impression on Ganit's dreams that night. Friends and family he once had, all followers of the great hunter, each resurfaced individually displaying their love and devotion.

He wakes up with fresh tears in his eyes and salty deposits caked into the corners of his face. He slowly extends his trembling hands into a spot of sunlight and rotates them, examining every angle for traces of blood. After letting his breathing return to a manageable pace he grabs his things and leaves the guesthouse, making sure not to awake the others.

After an hour or so the rest of the travelers begin waking up and leaving their beds to prepare themselves for another day. He watches as Lukan and Jhod share their prayers with equal amounts of envy and disdain, then turning back to the stable he readies Felicity for the days journey and leads her by the reins to the gate outside.

I think we should explore each hex, but I just can't deal with spots missing from a map. Thanks Lukan, now I'm going to be really self-conscious while posting lol.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Oleg can keep the extra 8 gold to help with repairs. I'll be selling my old scalemail to the group if anyone wants it, otherwise it will be sold to Oleg (not sure how much he'll pay though). We are heading to the hex WEST of Oleg's - at least I believe that was the majority of the consensus. Ganit, don't worry about it, lol.

Lukan rises from his place next to Jhod. He arches his back forward and stretches, pushing his palms into the sky. He seems to stand a few inches taller today, his new breastplate reflecting the eary morning sun.

"Thank you." he speaks to Jhod as he rests his hand on his shoulder. "Surely Erastil smiles upon us today."

Lukan turns towards finishing his packing, loading his horse down. He fills his recently purchased saddlebags with rations and other equipment. Gripping the saddle horn he shoves his foot into the stirrup and muscles his way on to the saddle. Sitting straight he looks towards the West, awaiting the rest of the group with Ganit.

Going to purchase saddlebags (5gp for saddle pack), rations (3 - 1.5g), and two more water skins (2gp).


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Lukan Swane "Swaney" wrote:

Oleg can keep the extra 8 gold to help with repairs. I'll be selling my old scalemail to the group if anyone wants it, otherwise it will be sold to Oleg (not sure how much he'll pay though). We are heading to the hex WEST of Oleg's - at least I believe that was the majority of the consensus. Ganit, don't worry about it, lol.

Lukan rises from his place next to Jhod. He arches his back forward and stretches, pushing his palms into the sky. He seems to stand a few inches taller today, his new breastplate reflecting the eary morning sun.

"Thank you." he speaks to Jhod as he rests his hand on his shoulder. "Surely Erastil smiles upon us today."

Lukan turns towards finishing his packing, loading his horse down. He fills his recently purchased saddlebags with rations and other equipment. Gripping the saddle horn he shoves his foot into the stirrup and muscles his way on to the saddle. Sitting straight he looks towards the West, awaiting the rest of the group with Ganit.

Going to purchase saddlebags (5gp for saddle pack), rations (3 - 1.5g), and two more water skins (2gp).

It was only that time he was willing to give 100%. Rest of the time it'll be 50% I believe.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Everybody add a whopping 7.5gp to your coin purse!

((20gp * .5) + 35)/6 = 45/6 = 7.5 since we're decided to keep the stag lord amulets.

Going west is fine by me. If we stay the night in camp then we should move south from there. We'll deal with sleep rotations and all that if/when it comes down to it


Sounds like a plan to me. Do I need to wait until Oleg can order the Healer's kit?

I also added a ration for now.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Cambyl wrote:

Sounds like a plan to me. Do I need to wait until Oleg can order the Healer's kit?

I also added a ration for now.

be sure to note what's been bought and the price as there is a limit I'm recording of what Oleg currently has. He has a limited amount of trading and if anyone wants to order something more than the current budget he has he'll put it on special order.

301 to 350 of 4,392 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.