Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


3,401 to 3,450 of 4,392 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar moves over to James and discretely asks him. "My dear James, were you not most impressed with the Lady Alicia and her marvelous harp?! Did you not find it absolutely moving? Certainly you must enjoy music. Did you recognize any patterns of sound within the piece itself? There is so much to listen for when you hear an instrument played as such. Not only does it deliver a swell of emotion with subtlety of tone, inflection, and timbre that cannot do anything but touch our hearts, but her music also delivers a great satisfaction in its delightful mathematical pattern of notes as pitch is graphed upon a function of time!"


Jameson Addercop IV wrote:

Jameson continues to watch the festivities, unmoved by the harp and evaluating the combat worthiness of the visitors. After a short time he seeks out Oleg.

"Oleg, we'll be heading North for a short time, just Ganit and myself, to get some more exotic supplies. Is there anything you need that the regular merchants don't have?"

Oleg scratches his head as he searches his mind.

"Nothing I can think of. We get enough supplies but I hope we can help you develope the nation when you return and start building. I'm ready to start looking over the treasury and can run this place at the same time too." he states as he looks over the supplies they've been building up.

Forgot, did we ever Resolve if Jameson has gotten the Mithral armour? Also I'm sure he'd want to buy some mithral barding for his horse sometime.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

I got Masterwork but not Mithral. My Dex bonus is only +1 so Mithral isn't worth it for me. At some point Donal will want Mithral barding, but since he's a companion his strength has gone up and he's back to 50' of movement, so that's not as much a priority now either.

"Sounds good to me Oleg. I'm sure we could use a steady head and hand with the treasury, Bronwyn and Carina may have a way with words but I doubt money means much to them, and Abadar knows we'll need an experienced businessman."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

After a moment of silence Ganit responds. ”That’s… I’m sorry to hear that, Beaufort. I am. Truly…” He hesitates before continuing, ”I’d say that kind of guilt weighs more than any shackles a jailor can bolt on. I’m glad it helps you sleep to think that the Gods have forgiven you after your crimes. As for me, I couldn’t give a $@!t how they feel until after I’ve forgiven myself. If you’d of asked me a year ago ‘why I’d continue living after burying the $@!t I’ve done’ I don’t believe I’d be able to give you a straight answer. But now, heh, NOW I know,” he points north to Restov with his boney forefinger. ”I’m gonna continue on until I drive a knife into Josef Mordelle’s black heart and then I’ll watch as his soul sinks out from his eyes and into the hellfires of the Abyss. Contrary to what Gwens told me, the bastards still alive. Trading in his Issian collection plate for some ’honorary’ medals and titles for Brevoy. So as long as I kill that son of a b***h I can't really say I'll care if I go on living afterwards or not.”


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

If/when I can get the group together:

All, we have much to think about in going forward with this new charter. We have to decide who will fill what rolls in the government. And for the rolls which we do not have the bodies to fill, or the skills as the case may be, then we will have to find someone to fill that role or end up with some happy citizens.

Just going forward, it seems that Bron has a personality that people like to follow and may well be the best suited to lead the nation at first. People like me, but I do not know whether I would be a good leader by myself. I would probably be better suited working with the people, as long as I can maintain my anger and keep whatever is pent up inside of me under control. Something of the nature of a Councilor would likely be best for me initially. Zorestar, with your love of magic and learning, it seems that you would be well suited to act as the Magister overseeing magic and learning.

I turn and look at the twig covered druid. Telias, I understand that you prefer nature, but you truly are wise in the ways of the world and since the Hunter Erastil is a likely choice as our patron, at least at first, it would seem that you would serve well as the religious advisor. If you truly have no interest in this, then it woud seem that perhaps we should speak with Jhod to see if he would be willing to shuffle between his temple and the new capital to serve in this roll.

James, you I think there is little question about. You would be an excellent choice as the General of the forces of this land. You are wise in the ways of warfare and people look to you and follow you on the battlefield.

And then I turn to Ganit: I know that you have often spoken that you were only retained by the Swordlords to act as a guide to assure that we would not get lost as we travelled in this land. But, it is clear that you are much more than that. You are wise in the ways of the woods and you believe that rules should guide us, perhaps not the rules of Brevoy, but rules nonetheless. With your knowledge of these lands and the wilderness as well as your skill with the bow, I think that acting as the Marshal so that law is maintained not just in the capital, but in all the land we control would be a prime job for you. You would not have to spend as much time in the capital where it is apparent you are uncomfortable, but at the same time you could use your skills and abilities to the benefit of the nation.

If we split up like this, it leaves several key positions that most governments have unfilled. Oleg has already expressed an interest in helping as the treasurer while running his trading post. I assume that once the settlement to the south is sufficiently developed, he will move down and open a new store where he is not in the middle of the wilderness.

He may seem like a strange choice, but I really liked Chief Sootscale. We all know that kobolds can be very sneaky, and if he is willing, we might want him as a spymaster. Keeping an eye on those in the society who do not wish to follow the law. At the same time, this would allow us to keep an eye on the kobolds. I trust them, but we all know the stories of kobolds and other humanoids. As they say, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. I hope the Sootscales are our friends, but having him in the government makes keeping an eye on him that much easier.

This leaves really only three roles that I can think of unfilled. We will need a Warden to help protect the walls within the town just as James as General will protect the land as a whole and Ganit, if he chooses to accept the Marshal position, will protect the woods. This seems like a great position for Kesten. Next, we will need someone to enforce the laws and execute those who are found to have violate the laws. While I know that I could not do this myself, we have all seen Kressel and her skills with those axes. She seems like a good fit.

Which brings us to our last position, that of our Chief Diplomat. To welcome and entertain foreign merchants and dignitaries when Bron or someone else is not available. I have spoken to her briefly, but Lord Varn's daughter Alicia seems like she may be a perfect fit. It would allow her to get out from under her father's watchful eye, but at the same time, it will greatly strengthen the ties between us and Varnhold, something that seems very important considering that I do not think any of us trust the Swordlords to the north or the River Kingdoms to the south.

With that, I stop and wait to see what my companions think of these choices.


M Human Druid 5

When are you talking to Telias about this?


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

That was the if/when we get the group together part. If Telias is gone for weeks, then when he gets back. I assume he will return from killing unsuspecting rodents at some point.


M Human Druid 5

yes.....he will certainly be dealing with....vermin.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Usually priests refer to their worshippers as a "flock", but you are free to call them vermin if you wish.


The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:
After a moment of silence Ganit responds. ”That’s… I’m sorry to hear that, Beaufort. I am. Truly…” He hesitates before continuing, ”I’d say that kind of guilt weighs more than any shackles a jailor can bolt on. I’m glad it helps you sleep to think that the Gods have forgiven you after your crimes. As for me, I couldn’t give a $@!t how they feel until after I’ve forgiven myself. If you’d of asked me a year ago ‘why I’d continue living after burying the $@!t I’ve done’ I don’t believe I’d be able to give you a straight answer. But now, heh, NOW I know,” he points north to Restov with his boney forefinger. ”I’m gonna continue on until I drive a knife into Josef Mordelle’s black heart and then I’ll watch as his soul sinks out from his eyes and into the hellfires of the Abyss. Contrary to what Gwens told me, the bastards still alive. Trading in his Issian collection plate for some ’honorary’ medals and titles for Brevoy. So as long as I kill that son of a b***h I can't really say I'll care if I go on living afterwards or not.”

Beaufort gives a sigh and shakes his head.

"You're a fool for wanting to throwing your way in persuit of revenge, but I won't stop you." for the first time in a while you see him looking nervous as he pulls out a weathered note. "This was left by him. I told Gwen the truth and shot him with my bow, the arrow burying itself deep in his head. He didn't move when I tried to bring your sister back, but she remained beside him and wouldn't leave him, but I found this note when I went past your old home. That's one of the reasons I searched for you. The other is, Gwen cares deeply for you and I wanted to make sure you weren't dead." he hands the note over, leaving Ganit to read it.

Note:

Dear old Friend,
Despite what you may have been told I'm alive and well right now, as is your sister. We have such fun together and she would like you to join us as it gets so lonely being only the two of us and we can't wait to see you again. I know that you, being the murderous bastard you are, wish to kill me and make sure it's a perminant job but please be reasonable. We have missed you and would love you to join us again.
Reguards, Josef & Delilah Mordelle


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit snatches the note from Beaufort's hand and storms off wordlessly towards the other side of the fort only to round a corner and find himself in the middle of the meeting Carina was holding. The moment the sorceress turned her mismatched eyes on him he knew what was coming. Most of her words were deflected by unlistening ears as Ganit's mind grew increasing clouded by conflicting ideas on how to handle his immediate future. He knew that the position she offered him was the best choice for him. Miles from the city he could build a house by the river where the land is fertile, take up with Gwen, maybe even start a family. He may have been past his prime but there was still enough time to father a child or two. But right on cue that voice crept in and swept over his hopeful thoughts destroying everything it touched like a wave of locusts in the wind.

A dream I don't deserve. I've hunted dozens of men following that same pursuit. Done horrible things to their lands; unspeakable things to their families. What could possibly give me the right treat myself to this... fantasy? Gwen can do better. My kids would end up with a miserable drunk for a father. They'd resent me and go off on their own, just like I did. End up just like me and the cycle would continue.

He noticed at that point that Carina had stopped speaking and was awaiting a response, clearing his throat he obliges. "I... I'll think about it. Any idea when the Varns are leaving?"


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Carina wrote:
"Zorestar, with your love of magic and learning, it seems that you would be well suited to act as the Magister overseeing magic and learning."

"My dear Carina, it would be my great honor to serve in the role of Magister. I will endeavor to do my best and see that magical and learning of all sorts thrive in this land!"

Carina wrote:
"Which brings us to our last position, that of our Chief Diplomat. To welcome and entertain foreign merchants and dignitaries when Bron or someone else is not available. I have spoken to her briefly, but Lord Varn's daughter Alicia seems like she may be a perfect fit."

"I have enjoyed Alicia's company, but do you think the Varns are trustworthy? I mean, Alicia seems to be a delight, but as of yet I do not know the family well."

-------------

When Zorestar has a chance, he will go and speak with the Hermit, Ganit.

"Ganit, Sir, I understand that you are making the trip to Brevoy. I was wondering if I could ask a favor of you. There is an item that I am in need of procuring. It is a wondrous item called a headband of vast intellect. It is a tool to help me focus my mind and further enhance my creativity. It should cost you about four thousand gold. I will give you my share of earnings to cover the cost. Would you be kind enough to acquire it at a shop called The Absolute Aura? There is a wizard there by the name of Jeebers and he will know what it is you are asking for."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Yeah, sure. We'll make a list before we go. We're leaving soon after the noise," he tells the wizard, his eyes pointing to the drunken nobles and honor guard in the hall a few yards away.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Ganit wrote:
""Yeah, sure. We'll make a list before we go. We're leaving soon after the noise,"

"Splendid! Splendid! That is wonderful news. Well, and while you are at it, perhaps you could pick up a few other items that I am in need of. Kindly pick up 8 pounds of brimstone, 6 pounds of tallow, a bag of powdered iron, 18 tiny fruit tarts, eight feathers, actually maybe you should make it the entire bird wing, a roll of golden wire, a bag of powdered corn, a ream of parchment paper, a score of tiny bags, and a dozen or so small candles. You are a lifesafer, Ganit. I cannot thankyou enough!"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Urrrgghhhh." It's always something. "Look, how bout you each make a list and stick it in a bag with the gold we'll need. Jameson had an idea to hire some heralds while we're at it so a gold or two extra will keep those boys singing a few weeks. Okay? Good."


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

In response to Carina's question, Jameson begins to tug at his chin.

"I am no general Carina, but then we don't have an army right now anyway, so I accept this position. If somebody more suited comes along I will step down."

******************

"Tell me Zorestar, should we be buying you a pony as well? Mostly to carry all of these things. What do you need all of that for anyway? My brother never had such things."

Being afraid will do that to you.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Ganit wrote:
"Urrrgghhhh." It's always something."Look, how bout you each make a list and stick it in a bag with the gold we'll need. Jameson had an idea to hire some heralds while we're at it so a gold or two extra will keep those boys singing a few weeks. Okay? Good."

"I am sorry for the last minute notice, Ganit, but I am finally coming to the realization of all the things we are lacking here at Oleg's. Come to think of it, I wonder if you could also look into procuring a comfy featherbed for me. I haven't had a really comfortable sleep in weeks and this may do just the trick!"

"Ganit, could you please tell me about these heralds? Are they going to be used to announce our arrival when we travel? I have understood their uses for an announcement or being presented at a royal gathering, but back here in the wilderness, I am not clear on their use. Are we going to use them whenever we arrive back here at Oleg's?"

Jameson wrote:
"Tell me Zorestar, should we be buying you a pony as well? Mostly to carry all of these things. What do you need all of that for anyway? My brother never had such things."

"No doubt a pony would be helpful. Although, if Ganit does pick up a featherbed for me, he will likely need to use the wagon that I've been driving. However, honestly, if the truth be told, most of those things that I have asked Ganit to pick up are components for my arcane spells. They are material items that I use to create powerful forces out of thin air. Well not exactly thin air, but it will appear that way if it were not for those precious ingredients. Now who is this brother that you speak of? Was he a wizard as well? I wonder if he was a sorcerer. Often times sorcerers are able to tap into great arcane energies without the use of material components. Tell me about him, my friend."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I am glad that we can agree on the initial setup of the government. Lets hope that our wayward nature priest returns from his hunt at some point. Zorestar's bird has not had any fun since they left. I rather doubt that he will have any interest in working with our nation, but we need to ask him and find some position for him as he is part of our team.

______________
When Bron and I are alone:
So, what is our plan? Will the ruler be under the control of his subordinate?
Carina gives him a wicked look.

And what should we tell the others? I have talked with Svetlana, and I am sure that the others know what is going on between us. Nonetheless, I would like to do something to make this official. Since Cambyl was called back home, the only priests I know of are Lord Varn's associate and the good Jhod in his temple in the woods.

Oh, and I was thinking that I might head to Restov with Ganit and James. I need to make some purchases as well and also make sure that the headbands we are ordering for you looks like the crown one would expect to be worn by a king. Knowing them, you would end up with something with nekkid women on it and mine would look like something found in the sewers. I also have some shopping that I need to do for things that are just not available here at Oleg's.

________________

To James and Ganit:
If you to do not mind, I may accompany you north. I think that these is some shopping that I need to do which I am not sure I can leave up to two warriors such as yourselves. Sorry, some things a girl has to do herself.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"My brother? You wish a tale of my brother? Let me tell you of him. He was young, and brash, and powerful. He was a sorceror, and he said the blood of dragons powered him."

Jameson's face becomes even grimer.

"He used his power freely, at first to help people but then he began to lord it over them. Those who displeased him began suffering accidents to their homes and property. Eventually one local girl spurned him and he killed her in a rage. My father was charged with keeping the peace and when he learned of this he led the hunting party himself. He arrested my brother and was going to have him stand trial. The locals would hear nothing of this. They took my brother's thumbs and tongue before parading him through town and hanging him. My father had been drawn away by another villager, lies to make sure he couldn't stop them. I tried to save him and was knocked out for my efforts."

With this Jameson turns away from Zorestar, to gaze North.

"I loved my brother, I thought he could be saved. I could never prove that another was doing these things and blaming him, for it seemed many of the things that happened were far beyond my brother. He was always more powerful in his own stories than he ever showed me. I helped him hide, before our father caught him."

"I believe his innocence but I can never prove it. So I am exiled here, ostensibly to learn my father's ability to lead and to mature. In reality I remind him too much of those times. I understand I have younger brothers now, and that they will not be told of me or my brother when they grow."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Jameson wrote:
"My brother? You wish a tale of my brother? Let me tell you of him. He was young, and brash, and powerful. He was a sorceror, and he said the blood of dragons powered him."

Zorestar listens to Jameson's tale and realizes very quickly that he has opened up a topic for his friend that is clearly very painful for him to talk about. Trying to ease the tension of the moment, Zorestar listens carefully, nodding sympathetically.

James wrote:
"I believe his innocence but I can never prove it. So I am exiled here, ostensibly to learn my father's ability to lead and to mature. In reality I remind him too much of those times. I understand I have younger brothers now, and that they will not be told of me or my brother when they grow."

After an awkward pause, Zorestar says,"This is a very sad tale. I'm sorry, but I had no idea that you were exiled here. Certainly people should not hold you guilty for your brother's alleged crimes. Do you know if he still lives, or did your father believe that he was beyond redemption?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Carina Stigard wrote:
"If you to do not mind, I may accompany you north. I think that these is some shopping that I need to do which I am not sure I can leave up to two warriors such as yourselves. Sorry, some things a girl has to do herself."

"Yeah. You can help out by finding out what the others need; starting with Zorestar here," with a obviously forced smile he gestures Carina to the wizard and begins to walk away. "Enjoy."


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"A sad tale? I suppose it could be. Let it serve as a warning to you Zorestar, and to Carina as well. You may posses the power to change the world, but it serves you little at the end of a rope. As for my brother Donal is dead, I slit his throat and buried him myself."

Seeing the no doubt shocked look on Zorestar's face at this last, he continues, his eyes boring into the man.

"Justice must always be served, even on your own blood. My father would've done the same. Of course, he wouldn't have left the coins on my brother's eyes to make sure he could afford passage into Abadar's realm, but after all he was my brother."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jameson Addercop IV wrote:

"My brother? You wish a tale of my brother? Let me tell you of him. He was young, and brash, and powerful. He was a sorceror, and he said the blood of dragons powered him."

Jameson's face becomes even grimer.

"He used his power freely, at first to help people but then he began to lord it over them. Those who displeased him began suffering accidents to their homes and property. Eventually one local girl spurned him and he killed her in a rage. My father was charged with keeping the peace and when he learned of this he led the hunting party himself. He arrested my brother and was going to have him stand trial. The locals would hear nothing of this. They took my brother's thumbs and tongue before parading him through town and hanging him. My father had been drawn away by another villager, lies to make sure he couldn't stop them. I tried to save him and was knocked out for my efforts."

With this Jameson turns away from Zorestar, to gaze North.

"I loved my brother, I thought he could be saved. I could never prove that another was doing these things and blaming him, for it seemed many of the things that happened were far beyond my brother. He was always more powerful in his own stories than he ever showed me. I helped him hide, before our father caught him."

"I believe his innocence but I can never prove it. So I am exiled here, ostensibly to learn my father's ability to lead and to mature. In reality I remind him too much of those times. I understand I have younger brothers now, and that they will not be told of me or my brother when they grow."

Now this is what I've been wanting from you Jameson, very interesting and I already have a few ideas that can work off this :D


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I look over at Zorestar and then turn to Ganit before he leaves:

Let me guess, he ordered a feather bed and probably some fine chocolates or silks or something of that sort. Or is he asking for some Eau d'Horse since that is apparently the scent he thinks is in style now.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Carina Stigard wrote:

I look over at Zorestar and then turn to Ganit before he leaves:

Let me guess, he ordered a feather bed and probably some fine chocolates or silks or something of that sort. Or is he asking for some Eau d'Horse since that is apparently the scent he thinks is in style now.

"He may have. I only just realized he stopped talking."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Jameson wrote:
"A sad tale? I suppose it could be. Let it serve as a warning to you Zorestar, and to Carina as well. You may posses the power to change the world, but it serves you little at the end of a rope. As for my brother Donal is dead, I slit his throat and buried him myself."

Zorestar is clearly shocked and needs to pick up his jaw that has already dropped to the ground.

Jameson wrote:
"Justice must always be served, even on your own blood. My father would've done the same. Of course, he wouldn't have left the coins on my brother's eyes to make sure he could afford passage into Abadar's realm, but after all he was my brother."

"I am glad that you have a strong sense of justice, but I thought you said that you believed in your brother's innocence?! This does not seem like justice to me."

Zorestar ponders the situation for a moment longer and then adds, "Jameson, I understand that you have great concerns and strong reservations about the use of arcane magics, especially after what happened to your brother. Furthermore, I am certain that it makes you very uneasy to be around spellcasters such as Carina and myself. However, I need to assure you that arcane magic in itself is not evil. It is like a tool that could be used for either good or evil depending on how you choose to use it. I think if we work to make this world and our small kingdom a better place, then magic will have its rightful place in the larger scheme of things. Trust me, my friend, it can be a gift if used correctly."

"I know that you are still learning to trust me, and perhaps I need to be patient and recognize that it may take time. At the very least, would you accept my offer of friendship?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

After talking with Ganit, Carina goes and finds Zorestar.

I hear you need some supplies to cast your magic. I have never needed anything, but we each have our own methods. So, I will be heading north with the boys to get some girlie stuff. Figure I can stop by and get you some slugs and ashes and whatever else you need.

Anyway, if you can get me a list, I should be able to pick it up while the boys try to find sharper pokey things and thicker armor.


Male Human Bard 4

This would happen a bit sooner than current events.

Bronwyn takes Carina's hand and searches for a quiet spot where they can talk alone.

:
I..., he obviously stalls as he fumbles with his thoughts. Carina dear, we could... I mean I think... It would be important to... Ahem.

The bard wets his lips, navigating the perilous waters of relationship-speak.

I mean we'll not only be simple people, but... Rulers of this land. We'll belong to the people just as we belong to each other. We could make a ceremony when we receive the settlers to this land. It's important that the people know their rulers and see them with their own eyes. We could perform a coronation and a... union, wedding ceremony.

Then he frowns his brows, apparently changing opinions right after the sentence.

Damn that. We could sound all the bells and whistles, but it would be only a formality. I'd rather we just take a couple horses, run to the Erastil temple, and get married beneath the trees with only Jhod, our friends and the squirrels as witnesses. After that we can don the good clothes, trade rings and sign papers, but we would know better. Every year we would have a secret commemoration, just for you and I, the two people here that actually like each other, not just the crowns and... and...

Clearly confused, he trails off mid-sentence.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn approaches the group, meaning to join in the conversation but as Ganit walks off, the knight approaches him.

Wait there, old man. Mite we trade a few words? Won't take much of your time.

If the ranger agrees, they walk out to the battlements, where Bronwyn starts talking:

So, your debt is paid. You're off to Restov and then probably to whatever else. I am not certain we would ever see each other again, and that would be a shame. You're a damn good marksman and tracker.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Haha, I forgot about the 'mite' meme.

Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:
Wait there, old man. Mite we trade a few words? Won't take much of your time.

Ganit gives the bard a nod and follows him off away from the others. "What is it, kid?

Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:
So, your debt is paid. You're off to Restov and then probably to whatever else. I am not certain we would ever see each other again, and that would be a shame. You're a damn good marksman and tracker.

"Yeah, in a manner of speaking, I guess one of my many debts is paid. Now I just gotta collect what's owed. Can't say for sure what I'll find up there but I know it needs to be found. You'll be alright without me. Don't doubt that for a second."


Male Human Bard 4

Boy, bronwyn is busy! That's what happens when you don't get to the PC in a couple days.

In the morning Bronwyn invites Lord Varn, Jameson and whoever else is around at the time for a ride around the grasslands. He rides slowly, enjoying the crisp air pointing landmarks and telling stories of the many encounters they faces in the region. A couple hours later he suggests the group to stop near a small brook.

So Lord Varn, I suppose you will be returning to your lands soon. I would like to thank you for that unexpected visit and wise counsel. I believe we both have much to gain by striking an alliance between our nascent baronies.

The bard waits for Maegar to respond, and then continues:

I suggest we maintain a liaison that could serve as a bridge between our two cities, a person in a position of confidence who could represent both sides. I would also be as bold as suggest a person for this position; your daughter, milady Alicia, has manifested an interest in walking in your steps to a position of rulership, and this would be a powerful experience to reach that goal. She would be happily welcomed in our lands, given proper housing and security, and the most important part: she would work and develop her own achievements, giving her name and person the strenght she'll need when she comes into a position of power.


Male Human Bard 4

Responding to Ganit, Bronwyn says:

There are a couple of things I'd like to let you know. I appreciate your hard work and your... counsel, good man. It helped me through a very rough patch of the road, and it's 'cause of that today I'm a better man. I feel that I was carrying a heavy burden, and that day you shared it with me. Since then it's getting lighter and lighter, and finally it allows me to be who I want to be. You should know that if you ever need any help with any heavy load whatsoever I will be here. I will carry any secret to the grave, any burden as long as needed.

He then looks suddenly aware of the torrent of sentimentality erupting from his mouth and waits for a reply.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Appreciate it," Ganit replies cheerlessly. He glances downward at his hand* before looking back to Bronwyn and continuing hesitantly. Relaxing his stance and lets his guard down slowly. "It's a little too late to pass my burdens onto anyone else now. When I get to the city, I'll either cut some of that weight loose or be crushed beneath it." He looks down again with quiet apprehension but catches himself and adds, "Don't worry about James and Carina. It's something I have to do alone."

*Perception DC 19:

Slight of Hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Ganit stuffs an unopened letter into his pocket.

Sense Motive DC 13:

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 (FE human)

He definitely seems a bit shaken. It seems like he's still trying to mentally prepare for something.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"I do believe in justice. I also believe somebody was manipulating my brother, and I didn't want them bringing him back for their own ends. That's my justice, Zorestar, that if another uses you I will see you beyond their influence."

In this world or the next.

With that Jameson walks away.

"Trust is earned Zorestar. Remember that."


Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

Boy, bronwyn is busy! That's what happens when you don't get to the PC in a couple days.

In the morning Bronwyn invites Lord Varn, Jameson and whoever else is around at the time for a ride around the grasslands. He rides slowly, enjoying the crisp air pointing landmarks and telling stories of the many encounters they faces in the region. A couple hours later he suggests the group to stop near a small brook.

So Lord Varn, I suppose you will be returning to your lands soon. I would like to thank you for that unexpected visit and wise counsel. I believe we both have much to gain by striking an alliance between our nascent baronies.

The bard waits for Maegar to respond, and then continues:

I suggest we maintain a liaison that could serve as a bridge between our two cities, a person in a position of confidence who could represent both sides. I would also be as bold as suggest a person for this position; your daughter, milady Alicia, has manifested an interest in walking in your steps to a position of rulership, and this would be a powerful experience to reach that goal. She would be happily welcomed in our lands, given proper housing and security, and the most important part: she would work and develop her own achievements, giving her name and person the strenght she'll need when she comes into a position of power.

Maegar appears to be enjoying himself and admits he's interested in the appearence of a Warg for they are quite deadly creatures. More powerful than a wolf and vastly intelligent. The mention of the unicorn has him just as disturbed as he has no idea what kind of creature would kill such a beautiful and goodly creature. He would like to visit it, however you're all too far away to travel there so he leaves it as it is.

At the talk of co-operation he nods with a smile and agreeing to what Bronwyn says, though stops at the mention of his daughter and pauses for a bit.
"Well...I'd say no and that she belongs with me." he states, but then starts laughing. "Of course, that were if I was a over-protective father who didn't wish his daughter to have her own life. I have no problem with her staying here, she will learn far more from actually acting in a part for your nation than sitting at the sidelines and watching me and others make decisions onwhat to do." he states and puts a hand on Zorestar's shoulder and smiles "Take good care of her. She'll be a handful, I promise you." he travels back with you, enjoying as he looks out across this land and having a good laughs before getting his men prepared and heading out back to Varnhold.

Once Varn returns to Olegs he takes with Alicia in private and with a heartfelt hug, the two finally say goodbye before he turns to the group.
"I hope to meet you again once you have your nation started up." he gives you all a bow in respect "I won't need to bring so many troops with me next time as these lands will be safter and I'll follow the road and the jurney will be safer." and with that he and his men and close friend head out, leaving Alicia behind.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Carina wrote:
"Anyway, if you can get me a list, I should be able to pick it up while the boys try to find sharper pokey things and thicker armor."

"Carina, that would be most helpful. I am not sure that Ganit was very enthusiastic at my list. This is what I am looking for. Could you kindly go to a shop in Restov called the Absolute Aura? There is a wizard there by the name of Jeebers and he will know of these components that you are asking for."

"Kindly ask him for 8 pounds of brimstone, 6 pounds of tallow, a bag of powdered iron, 18 tiny fruit tarts, eight feathers, actually maybe you should make it the entire bird wing, a roll of golden wire, a bag of powdered corn, a ream of parchment paper, a score of tiny bags, and a dozen or so small candles."

"Next there is a wondrous item that I am in need of procuring. It is called a headband of vast intellect. It is a tool to help me focus my mind and further enhance my creativity. It should cost you about four thousand gold. I will give you my share of earnings to cover the cost. Jeebers should have one in stock as well."

"Finally, last, but certainly not least. I need you to acquire a colorful caravan that can be led by a team of two horses. Inside of it, I would like a large soft comfortable feather bed. I also need it to have ample room for me to work at a small table with a chair or stool. Not only will I be able to sleep soundly in great comfort, it will also be mobile so that we can take it on adventures as needed."

"I am not sure where to procure this caravan or at what expense, but if you are unable to find what I am looking for, perhaps I would be content with just a comfy feather bed. How does all of this sound, my dear?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina calmly listens to Zorestar, but when he starts on about a large colorful caravan with a feather bed, she completely loses it and begins laughing. Once she has calmed down:

I should be able to find this Jeebers and get all the odd stuff you are looking for. Are you sure that you do not want some bat guano or more horse dung while I am at it.

As far as the . . . Carina rolls her eyes . . . feather bed goes . . . I will look into it, but until we have a settlement, it might be preferable to hold off on this purchase. You can always order it as I assume that we will have to purchase many building materials to be brought down to the former Stag Lord's fort so that we can create a seat of government that all will be able to be proud of.

While I understand you were brought up in the lap of luxury that nobles enjoy, I think that right now might not be the best time to be dragging a carriage with a feather bed about. I mean, what happens if we meet goblins or orcs with flaming arrows. Your carriage will be like the bullseye in archery practice, they will all shoot for it to see it burn.


Male Human Bard 4

Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Whatever it is, it sounds dangerous enough. I know you feel like you have to deal with this alone, but I wouldn't forgive myself or you it if something happened. Let me go with you, old man. I'll be a dumb, mute and retarded cousin. Just a sword and a shield. Whatever it is you intend to do, you can't do it if you fall dead for some treachery or happenstance.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Jameson wrote:
"I do believe in justice. I also believe somebody was manipulating my brother, and I didn't want them bringing him back for their own ends. That's my justice, Zorestar, that if another uses you I will see you beyond their influence."

"I do not mean to pry, my friend, but do you know who was responsible for this manipulation? Sometimes, we can use arcane magic to free someone from such effects. I am just saddened to think that he died under the charms of an unwelcome source. I know you did what you believed was right, I just wonder if there was something else that could have been done."

Zorestar thinks a moment longer and then thoughtfully adds, "Jameson, if I ever fall under the charms of magical influence of a malevolent kind, please try to find another wizard or sorcerer first before you dispatch me."

Jameson wrote:
"Trust is earned Zorestar. Remember that."

Zorestar thinks about Jameson's comment and replies before he departs. "I will endeavor to earn that trust, Jameson Addercop!"

Carina wrote:
"While I understand you were brought up in the lap of luxury that nobles enjoy, I think that right now might not be the best time to be dragging a carriage with a feather bed about."

"Carina, you do not seem to understand. Once we have established ourselves in a keep, there would be no need for the carriage. You see this coach is to be used as a mobile base for me while we are adventuring. I would be able to sleep in it at night and do my research during the day. If it rains, I will be able to stay dry along with all of my parchments and books. When we have creatures and encounters to face, I could come out of my caravan and speak with them. When we have new places to explore, we can hitch up the horses and move it along to the next site. You don't need to worry about it being used as target practice. I will change the color so it could stay hidden in the woods. I will paint it like a chameleon that blends in with its environment. Just think of the potential. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Please be kind enough to at least look into it. It can only be better than that wagon that I rode in all over the place!"


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Maegar Varn wrote:
"I hope to meet you again once you have your nation started up."

"I bid you fare well and wish upon you a safe journey." Zorestar waves goodbye as Varn departs. After he leaves, Zorestar turns to Alicia and comments.

"It appears that your father trusts you enough to stay will all of us. He has a lot more trust for you than I realized!" Zorestar says with a little grin. "The accommodations are not the best, but I am doing my part to try and improve upon them. From what I understand, we will soon be setting up our base of operations at the former site of the Stag Lord. The lake there is lovely and the breeze helps keep things cool. I'm sure you will love it there."


M Human Druid 5

I'll try to get a shopping list together at some point when I'm not busy.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Responding to Bron who's spoilered post I sort of missed as I was running late this morning. Oops.

Carina looks back at Bron and tears creep into the corners of her eyes as she listens to the usually confident man lose his tongue. Carina then thinks for a moment and then smiles as she responds:
While I would prefer to simply run off and get married in the woods, I do not think that is what the ruler of a land is supposed to do. Perhaps we should wait until we get the fort retrofitted. But, the first thing we have to do is to stop speaking of it as the Stag Lord's. It is not longer his, it is ours. Yours, mine, Ganit's, Telias's, Zorestar's and Jameson's. We have been give a Charter for this land and it is ours.

In addition, there are two things that must be decided before we put things into motion. First, the settlement at the fort needs a name. And second and more important, you, and I soon, need a name. You have renounced your Raslov heritage, perhaps we should take the name of the settlement we create. Carina gets a mischievous look in her eyes. As long as the name chosen is not something inane, I will not be called Carina Two Rivers or Carina Lakeside something equally foolish.

If we take the name of the city, then the ruler and the city would be one and the same. We could have a huge celebration involving the marriage ceremony together with a coronation and a naming of the town. Centuries from now, our grand children and their grand children will rule from the city bearing our name. A city of enlightenment and peace, a city of prosperity founded by the six founders and named ofter its first ruler, you Bron. Other settlements in this land could bear the names of our companions so that we will all leave our mark on the nation for centuries to come.

EDIT - Just realized this is my 1000th post with Carina. My first alias with 1k posts. I hope the next 2-3k will be as much fun as the first has been. Thanks all.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit shakes his head, "No, I won't allow it. Your place is here, my place is there; that's the way it has to be. You've got a kingdom to found. That's where your focus should be. It's going to be hard enough with half your council already taking a week off to go shopping."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

As a request, if we could all post who we are talking to and who is supposedly present, that would help. There are about a dozen different lines of discussion going on and I do not know which ones I am part of and which ones I am not part of. I know that Bron and I are chatting and that I have been making fun of Zorestar, not sure which other discussions I am in at present.


M Human Druid 5

Telias is in no discussions and would in all likelihood just ignore what Carina said with a dismissive grunt.[/ooc]


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Perhaps Carina should try my new spell - Spontaneous Immolation - on your pet bird. Then we would have roast chicken for dinner and might even get a response out of the grumpy old man.


M Human Druid 5

That would be unwise. He drove a band of mercenaries into the fortress of a man who messed with his stuff and murdered his father in cold blood. Just imagine his reaction if you kill one of his few real friends.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Lol - you sure Telias is not a long lost brother of Rendel?


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Ganit wrote:
"No, I won't allow it. Your place is here, my place is there; that's the way it has to be. You've got a kingdom to found. That's where your focus should be. It's going to be hard enough with half your council already taking a week off to go shopping."

"I personally detest shopping. The crowds are rather annoying. Now tell me, who has decided to go to Restov? I certainly prefer to stay here, if it is alright with all of you. I'm not fond of travel to begin with, but more importantly, I thought I could stay and work on a new spell that I am creating. I am trying to get my rope to levitate up into the air such that it is perpendicular to the ground and attached to an extra dimensional space that is outside of our multiverse. This is taking me longer to perfect than I planned, and I need to keep at it? Besides, I want to think about my new work as Magister of our new Kingdom."

"Oh, and not to get off track, but I have been thinking of a name for our new kingdom. What do you all think of Verdaria?"


M Human Druid 5
Carina Stigard wrote:
Lol - you sure Telias is not a long lost brother of Rendel?

Pretty sure Karlan would have remembered a second child.

3,401 to 3,450 of 4,392 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.