Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


3,351 to 3,400 of 4,392 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

Sitting next to Jerin, Alicia smiles warmly towards him.
"So why did you come down south if you are more comfortable at home in a warm feathery bed?" she asks as she wishes to change the subject from this boring trading business.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Aron, I think you are mixing games, don't you mean Zorestar - not that we would complain if we had Jerin's spellcasting abilities.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"I'm sorry, mam, are you talking to me? Please call Zoree." Zorestar lights up as he warms up to Alicia Varn. "For me, it has been the call of adventure. You know, that feeling you get when you are out in nature pushing your own boundaries and getting just a little taste of danger. Besides, life on Lake Reykal was getting just a little dull. My father wanted me to stay on as head accountant. That was just too much for me. Well not that the mathematics of bookeeping was too hard. In fact it is mostly arithmetic and rather trivial. Add the deposits coming in, subtract the expenses going out on and on and on. Not only was this one of the lowest forms of math, it became a little too much like torture for me. No, as a graduate of Vortexarium in Katheer, I knew that there was much more planned for my life than that. My family was not pleased, especially my father! When I told them that I refused to run the books, we had a bit of a fight, well more of a falling out I should say. Many words were exchanged that probably shouldn't have been said. In the end, I simply packed up a few belongings and with my raven companion Istikali, made my way south to help with this charter. I think this really is for the best. I love the excitement of this new life I have created! However, the one thing I did not anticipate was the discomfort that has come along with traveling along in the wilderness as we do. Alas, I confess, I do miss my comfortable bed and the cleanliness that comes life in a mansion. However, I assure you, I am not about to give up! In fact, I am convinced more than ever that there is no reason I cannot have the best of both worlds, so to say. But enough about me, tell me about yourself, Ms. Varn, what brings you south away from the comforts of home?"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:
Aron, I think you are mixing games, don't you mean Zorestar - not that we would complain if we had Jerin's spellcasting abilities.

lol how the hell did I make that mistake? Gahhh...yeah I meant Zorestar...and of course you wouldn't mind the loot Jerin would bring with him.


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
"I'm sorry, mam, are you talking to me? Please call Zoree." Zorestar lights up as he warms up to Alicia Varn. "For me, it has been the call of adventure. You know, that feeling you get when you are out in nature pushing your own boundaries and getting just a little taste of danger. Besides, life on Lake Reykal was getting just a little dull. My father wanted me to stay on as head accountant. That was just too much for me. Well not that the mathematics of bookeeping was too hard. In fact it is mostly arithmetic and rather trivial. Add the deposits coming in, subtract the expenses going out on and on and on. Not only was this one of the lowest forms of math, it became a little too much like torture for me. No, as a graduate of Vortexarium in Katheer, I knew that there was much more planned for my life than that. My family was not pleased, especially my father! When I told them that I refused to run the books, we had a bit of a fight, well more of a falling out I should say. Many words were exchanged that probably shouldn't have been said. In the end, I simply packed up a few belongings and with my raven companion Istikali, made my way south to help with this charter. I think this really is for the best. I love the excitement of this new life I have created! However, the one thing I did not anticipate was the discomfort that has come along with traveling along in the wilderness as we do. Alas, I confess, I do miss my comfortable bed and the cleanliness that comes life in a mansion. However, I assure you, I am not about to give up! In fact, I am convinced more than ever that there is no reason I cannot have the best of both worlds, so to say. But enough about me, tell me about yourself, Ms. Varn, what brings you south away from the comforts of home?"

Alicia smiles as she sits next to Zorestar.

"Well, my reason was more simple. I wished to be with my father, oh and it's Miss Varn, but call me Alicia." she states as she looks over to see her dad enjoying in the powerful minty drink and paying for his men. "I had no idea about so many things. Back home they say that Centaurs are savage and will sooner kill you than talk with you, but my father has proven them wrong and reached an agreement concerning the land. I learnt they mean no harm, but believe their land to be sacred and protect it fiercely. It's silly, but I used to be always afraid of seeing one in the forest if I ventured too far from my home, but Issia is very far from the Nomen Heights."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"Alicia, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Zorestar says with a warm smile on his face. "From what I understand of centaurs, you would have good reason to be concerned. Your father must be a remarkable diplomat. I've heard that many human settlers have had difficulty with the equestrian race. They appear rather aloof and I don't think they like humans encroaching on their land."

Zorestar tries to figure out what to say next. Finally, he decides to list some of the centaur facts he remembers reading in some of his textbooks at the Vortexarium. "I believe an average sized centaur weighs over two thousand pounds and like to eat over twenty pounds of oats each day. "

"So have you met any centaurs yet? Do you think they would ever let you ride on their back?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit nods when he spots Beaufort on the battlements and asks: "Whose Tessara? She another trapper or something?"

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 (+2 if human)


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:

"Alicia, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Zorestar says with a warm smile on his face. "From what I understand of centaurs, you would have good reason to be concerned. Your father must be a remarkable diplomat. I've heard that many human settlers have had difficulty with the equestrian race. They appear rather aloof and I don't think they like humans encroaching on their land."

Zorestar tries to figure out what to say next. Finally, he decides to list some of the centaur facts he remembers reading in some of his textbooks at the Vortexarium. "I believe an average sized centaur weighs over two thousand pounds and like to eat over twenty pounds of oats each day. "

"So have you met any centaurs yet? Do you think they would ever let you ride on their back?"

looking at your hp you should be fully healed from all the resting.

Alicia seems to roll her eyes at Zorestay mentioning these facts about them.
"My father did say one of his men was tempted to ask, but he stopped them because Centaurs have self respect. I mean, afterall, would you like me riding you?" he face flushes red as she just realised what she sounded could be interpreted as "W-What I mean is, if you had the body of the horse and...I-I were on your back. I'm certainly you would not enjoy that at all."


The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Ganit nods when he spots Beaufort on the battlements and asks: "Whose Tessara? She another trapper or something?"

Knowledge (local): 1d20+4 (+2 if human)

"We've met her once or twice, but he doesn't meet with people very often and she tries to avoid humans at the best of times." she shrugs as she looks over to Ganit. "I don't know why, but I think my dad does. She hunts in the wild and was raised by elves who found her, that's all I know, but I have never seen her without her veil or hood."

Ganit:

You think you've heard of her, but she rarely comes into the Stolen Lands, often spending time in far more dangerous areas deeper to the south, closer to the River Kingdoms.

You believe you've seen her, but only the once and she appears to be a human woman with beauty only comparable to Carina's, however she's always modestly covered and she always has her veil and hood up. She quite often carrys arrows and whenever she does the odd bounty, she takes them down with blunt or other non-leathal arrows. Especially humans in this reguard. Where he comes from is wrapped up in secrecy though and even her elven parents never mentioned it.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn starts off listening intently to the conversation, but somewhere after the second mention of "math" the voices melted into the background. Instead of discerning the words, he just looks at the speakers, discerning their unspoken truths.

The boy seems interested, no doubt, but the girl...

Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13.

Yes definitely. He will need some grooming, though. Boy keeps putting his foot in his mouth.

The bard smiles to himself, then looks at Carina by his side and smiles a little wider.

So Maegar, how fares your land? Did you folks manage to write down an entire law code? We're probably facing a hard time in the next few weeks trying to hammer down all the details, let alone when the settlers start coming down the road.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"Ms. Varn?!" Zorestar exclaims as his own face reddens. "I did not realize that you knew so much about centaurs! You certainly have a great deal of insight into animal behavior. Have you spent much time in the wilderness?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina continues to chat with Lord Varn, switching the discussion to less business related matters, while staying at Bron's side. When everyone is focusing elsewhere, she quietly says some arcane words:

Orcish:

Loud words kill.

She then points at Bron.
Cast: Message

Whisper - This is an interesting spell I just learned. We can communicate through whispers over a reasonable distance, which makes it very difficult for others to hear. -- So, are going to save poor Zorestar's tail, or just going to watch him see if he can get his noble robe covered foot into his mouth.


Male Human Bard 4

Bron suddenly looks at Carina both curiously and surprised at the whispered words in his ear even though she's a couple feet away.

He moves to grab a cup, and pretends to drink slowly of the ale, whispering into it instead.

I think we should just let them sort it out. The girl seems to have a knack for that as well.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Whisper - Well, I just hope that he does not insult her into getting her daddy to start a war or something. We have enough questionable rulers north and south of us, we do not need another to the east.


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
"Ms. Varn?!" Zorestar exclaims as his own face reddens. "I did not realize that you knew so much about centaurs! You certainly have a great deal of insight into animal behavior. Have you spent much time in the wilderness?"

"I admit I only learnt this from my father. He was the one he made peace with them." she states with a smile. "I know next to nothing about the wilderness, but I am slowly learning new things about the wildlife around us. We came across a giant spider on the way here, it was monsterous! We avoided it's lair, it had made a hiding places giving them the name "Giant Trapdoor spiders" and they move fast. We killed one, but avoided the area not wanting to attract any more out. Disgusting creatures."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar tries to relax as he continues to converse with Varn's daughter.

Nevertheless, that is impressive that you got to meet the centaurs and start building positive relations with them. Tell me, Alicia, what position will you take in your father's new government? Is he the sort of ruler that will empower his daughter with an important role? I imagine you would make a very good diplomat. Well I am relieved to hear that you were unscathed from the encounter with the spiders.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"Ganit, do we have a plan for our trek to the north? I assume we'll want to get a list of things people need. Most likely we'll want to post some heralds or something to attract settlers now that the lands are partly cleared. What do you know of these Varns?"


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:

Zorestar tries to relax as he continues to converse with Varn's daughter.

Nevertheless, that is impressive that you got to meet the centaurs and start building positive relations with them. Tell me, Alicia, what position will you take in your father's new government? Is he the sort of ruler that will empower his daughter with an important role? I imagine you would make a very good diplomat. Well I am relieved to hear that you were unscathed from the encounter with the spiders.

"For now no, there is no position. He doesn't believe I have the responsibility and I agree, but reluctantly." she states, shrugging her shoulders "I'm his soul heir though and I've been meaning to watch how things are done so I can take over after him."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar listens to Alicia incredulously. "He does not think you are responsible enough?! But you are his daughter and heir! I'm not sure it is wise to simply watch and wait until the time you come into your inheritance. Tell me Alicia, have you ever earned an education or ever been in a position to make decisions that affect the world?"

"I attended Vortexariun, a great school in Katheer dedicated to the arcane study of air elementalism. We always started small with the simplest of magic. However, we quickly learned that we were dealing with one of the most powerful forces in the universe. Furthermore, to employ the arcane spells we studied, we needed to practice, practice, and practice again. The only way to learn true spells was through the study of cantrips. I suppose it is similar to learning the calculus. First you must learn to do elementary arithmetic followed by the study of algebra and geometry and after studying and analyzing functions you may only then learn differentiation and integration. You see, the only way to learn is by doing."

As Zorestar catches himself talking too much, he stops, takes a deep sigh and says, "Oh dear, there I go again! Oh please forgive me, Alicia. Once I get talking about the arcane studies and mathematics, I cannot help myself. I'm afraid I've lost you in my extraneous ramblings. Please tell me, Alicia, what is your passion in life? I mean, what is it that you enjoy doing above all else?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina simply shakes her head as Zorestar continues to insert his foot further and further into his mouth. Turning back to Varn:

So, tell me about Varnhold. What is the land like? Is it plains, forest and hills like here? Or do you have other terrain like swamps or mountains? And what type of vermin did you have to clear. As you know, we had to face the Stag Lord, but also dealt with a variety of other nasties, Thawns, mites, worgs and even swarms of spiders.


Carina Stigard wrote:

Carina simply shakes her head as Zorestar continues to insert his foot further and further into his mouth. Turning back to Varn:

So, tell me about Varnhold. What is the land like? Is it plains, forest and hills like here? Or do you have other terrain like swamps or mountains? And what type of vermin did you have to clear. As you know, we had to face the Stag Lord, but also dealt with a variety of other nasties, Thawns, mites, worgs and even swarms of spiders.

"Unlike this land there are no forests, but there are plenty of hills, plan lands as well as mountains too." he states in describing the area. "We've delt with Spriggins, who I mentioned earlier are a relation ot Gnomes, but look more like Goblins and caused us a lot of trouble being the tricksters and troublemakers they are, but I only drove them off. The Centaurs were hard to get along with as many of them attacked us at first, but when we found their village I spoke with the Elder and he accepted our lands as long as we left their lands alone and unmolested. There are also trolls, giant spiders and Ettercaps we've come across, but we managed to drive them away so our lands are safe for our people."


Male Human Bard 4

Seems like the land is good enough. The mountains provide a good defense, and the plains must be fertile with all the rivers around here. Have you found competent people to manage the barony? It seems we need an awful lot of treasurers, law-makers, tax-collectors, diplomats, and whatnot. We'll probably need to find some outside help for that purpose.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit gives Gwen a grunt and a nod as he contemplates her information on the mysterious huntress. "Hmpf, well I got a bit a shop to talk with yer old man. How bout you go and russtle up some free drinks for us, I'll join you in a bit."

He gives her a wink and turns to join Beaufort on the tower when he is stopped short by Jameson.

Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"Ganit, do we have a plan for our trek to the north? I assume we'll want to get a list of things people need. Most likely we'll want to post some heralds or something to attract settlers now that the lands are partly cleared. What do you know of these Varns?"

"Sounds like you've already got it figured out. If everyone puts some gold down for the heralds when they write what they need we should be well enough off. Now, as for the Varns..."

I don't have Knowledge (nobility) but:
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 (FE human)


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Yikes, trolls you say? They sound tough. I have heard stories about trolls that they are nearly impossible to kill. Did you use any special tactic in fighting them?


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:

Zorestar listens to Alicia incredulously. "He does not think you are responsible enough?! But you are his daughter and heir! I'm not sure it is wise to simply watch and wait until the time you come into your inheritance. Tell me Alicia, have you ever earned an education or ever been in a position to make decisions that affect the world?"

"I attended Vortexariun, a great school in Katheer dedicated to the arcane study of air elementalism. We always started small with the simplest of magic. However, we quickly learned that we were dealing with one of the most powerful forces in the universe. Furthermore, to employ the arcane spells we studied, we needed to practice, practice, and practice again. The only way to learn true spells was through the study of cantrips. I suppose it is similar to learning the calculus. First you must learn to do elementary arithmetic followed by the study of algebra and geometry and after studying and analyzing functions you may only then learn differentiation and integration. You see, the only way to learn is by doing."

As Zorestar catches himself talking too much, he stops, takes a deep sigh and says, "Oh dear, there I go again! Oh please forgive me, Alicia. Once I get talking about the arcane studies and mathematics, I cannot help myself. I'm afraid I've lost you in my extraneous ramblings. Please tell me, Alicia, what is your passion in life? I mean, what is it that you enjoy doing above all else?"

Alicia shakes her head.

"It is not that I am not worthy, but my father wishes me to observe and learn so that if I do take over for him I learn from his mistakes and what he did right." she smiles as Zorestar starts on about his schooling "I have no passion beyond my harp. I've always been talented in playing the harp and I have been learning how to play it well."


Carina Stigard wrote:
Yikes, trolls you say? They sound tough. I have heard stories about trolls that they are nearly impossible to kill. Did you use any special tactic in fighting them?

Varn nods grimly

"Terrible beasts, I lost good men fighting them." he remineces for a moment. "They regenerate so all wounds that are done are soon undone, however we've found that acid and fire they cannot regenerating from. We've only seen roving bands of the beasts, just wondering with no direction. They aren't the most intelligent of foes, but they make up for it with their brute strength and ability to regrow limbs and in one case, a head." he pauses for a momentas he then looks over the group. "Have you encountered trolls? I have heard they have been seen in this area or deeper to the south, but they are rare I hear along with lizardfolk living further south. More than one hunter I've met has told me of run ins with evil fey creatures too, but I have not met any so I cannot judge on that matter."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

No, we have not met any trolls yet, although we have heard similar tales from hunters. As far as the fey go, we have had good luck with them and I believe we can live in harmony with them as long as we respect their forests and the land. If these fey are evil, well, that is a different issue. When we meet them, we will have to determine whether they are willing to live in peace, or whether they will have to be asked to move. If they are truly evil, then I imagine that the more drastic choice will be necessary.

Regarding these trolls, you say that fire and acid are most effective at staving their ability to regenerate? Most interesting.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Alicia wrote:
"It is not that I am not worthy, but my father wishes me to observe and learn so that if I do take over for him I learn from his mistakes and what he did right."

"Well that sounds rather reasonable. However, please always remember to involve yourself in the process in some way. It does not do well to simply observe. The true growth occurs when you immerse yourself in it, and actually take action."

Alicia wrote:
"I have no passion beyond my harp. I've always been talented in playing the harp and I have been learning how to play it well."

Zorestar grins with a curious smile."You play the harp?! What a marvelous thing! Indeed if that is your passion you need not search for another. I do hope to have the opportunity to listen to it at some point in the near future! It would certainly bring a great deal of culture to this rough little trading post. Tell me, Alicia, do you play on a full size concert grand or do you prefer a smaller folk harp, or even a lap harp? I imagine the smaller harps are much easier for transporting out here in the greenbelt!"


Male Human Bard 4

Responding to Maegar, Bronwyn suggests:

We should call ourselves lucky we haven't faced them yet, and maybe get a few skins of oil ready, right?

Then, suddenly fishing something out of a different conversation, he asks:

Milady Varn, I do not mean to intrude or impose, but would you be kind enough to play for us? We have been in varied states of wilderness for the last month, and song is a luxury we couldn't afford.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I look at Bron: As long as there are not too many, making trolls burn should not be a problem. I can manage that as long as you brutes keep them off of me.

Turning to Alicia: Yes, please let us hear you play. While these gentlemen are great traveling companions here in the wilderness, their skill with the arts is sometimes lacking.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Bron wrote:
"Milady Varn, I do not mean to intrude or impose, but would you be kind enough to play for us? We have been in varied states of wilderness for the last month, and song is a luxury we couldn't afford."

"Sir Bronwyn, it is not an intrusion at all. Have you two met? Alicia, please allow me to introduce you to Sir Bronwyn Raslov. He is a valiant, brave warrior and a source of inspiration for all of us. My lady, Alicia, I believe all of my companions would be most delighted to hear the music that comes forth from your harp." Glancing in the direction of Ganit and Telias, Zorester adds, "And those of us that show no interest would still love to hear it."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Ganit gives Gwen a grunt and a nod as he contemplates her information on the mysterious huntress. "Hmpf, well I got a bit a shop to talk with yer old man. How bout you go and russtle up some free drinks for us, I'll join you in a bit."

He gives her a wink and turns to join Beaufort on the tower when he is stopped short by Jameson.

Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"Ganit, do we have a plan for our trek to the north? I assume we'll want to get a list of things people need. Most likely we'll want to post some heralds or something to attract settlers now that the lands are partly cleared. What do you know of these Varns?"

"Sounds like you've already got it figured out. If everyone puts some gold down for the heralds when they write what they need we should be well enough off. Now, as for the Varns..."

I don't have Knowledge (nobility) but:
Knowledge (local): 1d20+6 (FE human)

Most you know about the Varns is from living in Issia. His father owns a large amount of wealth and Maegar is the third son in the family and thus, unable to claim the fortune. His swordsmanship was well known and he volunteered to be involved in securing the lands to the south and was grouped together with a band of mercinaries. All else that you know if that he treated everyone as a equal.


Carina Stigard wrote:

No, we have not met any trolls yet, although we have heard similar tales from hunters. As far as the fey go, we have had good luck with them and I believe we can live in harmony with them as long as we respect their forests and the land. If these fey are evil, well, that is a different issue. When we meet them, we will have to determine whether they are willing to live in peace, or whether they will have to be asked to move. If they are truly evil, then I imagine that the more drastic choice will be necessary.

Regarding these trolls, you say that fire and acid are most effective at staving their ability to regenerate? Most interesting.

"I admit I have never met any and half the stories I heard sounded like it was something else and the other half sounded like they were being mischevious rarther than harming anyone just for fun." he shrugs and nods at what she says "It's very good to see such wisdome in someone so young. You will have a great kingdom down here. I recommend using any fire and acid you have on hand either with spells or alchemists fire and flasks of acid. They are very hardy creatures and won't go down in one blow. I was the one who decapitated one, but it grew back."


Carina Stigard wrote:


Turning to Alicia: Yes, please let us hear you play. While these gentlemen are great traveling companions here in the wilderness, their skill with the arts is sometimes lacking.

Alicia seems a little surprised at being asked to play by so many people but she gives a nod.

"I was trained on a pedal harp years ago, but I have grown to play a easier to carry version of the harp." she smiles taking out her own which appears to be brand new and even guilded in gold and must cost a bit. She begins to string the harp, first checking that all the strings are in order as she gets up and finds a clear area to perform. The next thing you know, she starts stringing the harp and issuing out a beautiful song that everyone seems to pause and remain silent as she plays.

can't believe how long it took me to find the "perfect" song for this. I should've just said she sang rarther than harp :p eitherway, I enjoy this singer I just discovered.

After she finishes she sighs and relaxes as the men Varn brought with him clap their hands in wonderment at her singing.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"Interesting. Well I've no objections to trading with them, but I don't think we should head north until they're gone. They may decide they like this outpost a little too much."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar joins the applause, delighted with Alicia Varn's performance!

"Bravo! Bravo, my dear! Your playing is beyond this world and a wonder to behold. Indeed you have clearly demonstrated your passion and gift to this world. I cannot thank you enough. It's tender sounds will remain in my heart for many years to come and it will see me through whatever challenges arise in my future. You are indeed a blessing to us all!"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina sits back and enjoys the performance, glancing over at Bron every so often and kicking him when his attention seems too direct.

When the performance ends, Carina applauds with the rest.

That was beautiful to hear Alicia. I cannot say that I was ever a patron of the arts, but after that performance I realize why those with the means employ skilled performers such as yourself. And after several weeks of only crickets and the snoring of these brutes, it was a wonderful respite to hear such magnificent sounds.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn hears the performance, admiring the way her fingers flow from chord to chord, pinching and pulling and gently caressing the strings. His attention is more focused on the strings as he tries capturing the music. When the song ends, he applauds heartedly alongside the Varnhold men, letting the others voice their admiration. For his part, though, he only offers a knowing glance and a respectful nod, recognizing the talent of the young girl.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

After the performance is finished, I turn and whisper to Bron.

Whisper - We will have to speak with the others, but we are going to need strong allies if we are to build a nation that can withstand the forces against us, both the Swordlords from the north and the bandits in the River Kingdoms to the south. After hearing her perform and knowing that she has a certain amount of background in working with government, particularly under her father. I wonder whether Varn would entertain allowing her to stay here with us as we found our fledgling nation. It is apparent that she is intelligent and has a strong personality. She might be a wonderful addition as a diplomat in our government - and it would keep our rather strange wizard entertained for a while if nothing else.

Whisper - While anything can end in disaster, I see many benefits. It would allow her to grow without the continual watchful eye of her father. At the same time, it would greatly strengthen the ties between Varnhold and us, likely increasing trade and support between the two new lands. It would also give us another person with knowledge in welcoming and entertaining foreign dignitaries when they begin to arrive. Varn is happy to share good drink here at Oleg's. I doubt most other senior government officials would be as welcoming. Just remember that dirtbag of a bureaucrat the Swordlords sent down here yesterday.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn offers a toast to the bright young woman, and while he's drinking his wine he whispers inside the cup:

You do not have to convince me of that, Carina dear, for I was already thinking among those lines. The one who will need convincing, though, is Lord Varn himself. Bid your time; he's in a strange land, surrounded by his men. If we propose that now he may get defensive, thinking we want to take his daughter away. I will try broaching the subject later, when I manage to approach him without this big an audience. But for that we need to test the waters with the girl, probe her about this idea. Her support would go a long way to turning this idea into reality.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina leans back and while daintily wiping her mouth after enjoying another bite of Svetlana's superb fare, replies:

Whisper: Perhaps I could get her separated from the group a little later on for some girl talk. Then tomorrow morning, you could go for a ride with Varn, perhaps taking James with you as well to show him some of the lands in the area. Not too far, but enough to let him see some of the fertile plains we have here in the north. Perhaps down to the edge of the woods and back. I know that you gentlemen enjoy letting your horses run free. And, I doubt that any of you would be in any risk as you are all skilled with your blades and we have not had any dangerous encounters in the area in quite some time.


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:

Zorestar joins the applause, delighted with Alicia Varn's performance!

"Bravo! Bravo, my dear! Your playing is beyond this world and a wonder to behold. Indeed you have clearly demonstrated your passion and gift to this world. I cannot thank you enough. It's tender sounds will remain in my heart for many years to come and it will see me through whatever challenges arise in my future. You are indeed a blessing to us all!"

Alicia bows and her face seems flushed from all the praise she's getting, along with her father giving her some too on her wonderful skill.

"Thank you, everyone." she returns to her table with Zorestar. "I forgot to mention, my father does ask for my opinion on a choice and balances my own opinion against what others want to do. My vote is counted as I take part in our meetings."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

When I get a chance, I ask Alicia if we can speak outside for a few moments:

Once we are away from Varn and his men:

I do not know exactly why your father chose to venture to our new, and as yet unfounded, land. But in the short time I have known you, you have proven yourself to be a rather astounding woman. You skill with the harp is amazing, and you seem to have a fairly quick wit about you if you are able to understand Zorestar. I may make jokes about him, but it is all in good fun and he is a good man.

But, what I am truly interested in is whether you might consider staying here in the Greenbelt and helping us to build our land. This would strengthen the ties between Varnhold and this nation, while also giving you the chance to spread your wings and learn about governing people away from the watchful eyes of your father.

While you do not need to make an immediate decision, I would like my companions to be able to inquire about you staying here. Obviously this would require the blessing of your father. I was thinking that perhaps in the morning, Bron and James could go for a ride with your father to show him a little more of this land. And while out, they could broach the question with him.

And, if you are wondering, I thought that having you work as a diplomat, greeting and meeting both merchants and government officials from other lands would be a great position for you. While Zorestar, Bron or myself could also fill this role, there are other positions where our skills would be better utilized. As I said, this would allow you to gain experience that you are unlikely to receive with your father always looking over your shoulder. And, for both us and Varnhold, this will place a friendly supportive nation on one border, saving us both money and lives.

I look back at the building. And then giving her some time to think and respond, or not respond:

Perhaps we should return and make sure that the menfolk are not getting into too much trouble.


Carina Stigard wrote:

When I get a chance, I ask Alicia if we can speak outside for a few moments:

Once we are away from Varn and his men:

I do not know exactly why your father chose to venture to our new, and as yet unfounded, land. But in the short time I have known you, you have proven yourself to be a rather astounding woman. You skill with the harp is amazing, and you seem to have a fairly quick wit about you if you are able to understand Zorestar. I may make jokes about him, but it is all in good fun and he is a good man.

But, what I am truly interested in is whether you might consider staying here in the Greenbelt and helping us to build our land. This would strengthen the ties between Varnhold and this nation, while also giving you the chance to spread your wings and learn about governing people away from the watchful eyes of your father.

While you do not need to make an immediate decision, I would like my companions to be able to inquire about you staying here. Obviously this would require the blessing of your father. I was thinking that perhaps in the morning, Bron and James could go for a ride with your father to show him a little more of this land. And while out, they could broach the question with him.

And, if you are wondering, I thought that having you work as a diplomat, greeting and meeting both merchants and government officials from other lands would be a great position for you. While Zorestar, Bron or myself could also fill this role, there are other positions where our skills would be better utilized. As I said, this would allow you to gain experience that you are unlikely to receive with your father always looking over your shoulder. And, for both us and Varnhold, this will place a friendly supportive nation on one border, saving us both money and lives.

I look back at the building. And then giving her some time to think and respond, or not respond:

Perhaps we should return and make sure that the menfolk are not getting into too much trouble.

Alicia takes her time thinking over this decision and turns to Carina.

"I will be thrilled to help you with your kingdom and welcome any diplomats. I just don't know what to say." she states as she's shocked at being given such an offer. "I would like to get to know Zorestar more, he's quite fun to talk to until he starts talking about his school and indeph research on all kinds of creatures. I would first like to talk to my father about this before making any decisions. No father likes seeing his daughter go, especially without telling them."

She smiles and laughs at Carina's statement.
"I'm sure my father will behave, if I keep him from the drink." Alicia laughs but then stops herself."He's not a violent drunk, he just becomes too friendly and tries doing tricks with his sword. One time I thought he was going to cut off his fingers when he missed a catch on his sword."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Yup, boys will be boys, lets get back inside and make sure that nobody loses any fingers. I will have Bron talk with your father in the morning. Also, I will have to discuss this with the rest of my companions before any final decisions are made.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"Interesting. Well I've no objections to trading with them, but I don't think we should head north until they're gone. They may decide they like this outpost a little too much."

With a snort of a laugh, "My thoughts exactly. With everyone getting cozy and Kesten gone, this place would make for an easy boarder expansion. I'd say the day after they leave should be as a good a time as any to set off."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Alicia wrote:
"I forgot to mention, my father does ask for my opinion on a choice and balances my own opinion against what others want to do. My vote is counted as I take part in our meetings."

"Splendid! Splendid! I am delighted to hear it. Clearly your father must recognize your talent and competence in all that you do. Well, I have enjoyed our visit and our time together, but alas, it will not do to keep you all to myself. If I am not mistaken, I believe you have some other fans here who wish to talk to you."

Zorestar looks to Carina as he finishes his last sentence and graciously retires.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

As he tries to head to the tower Ganit is again distracted, this time it is the subtlety of the glistening of a harp with an eerily beautiful voice accompanying it. With just a few strides he has a clear view of the exhibition in the dining hall. Although the rest are drawn to the little bird singing her song, Ganit sees past her to the prowling lioness in the shadows. Gwen returns his stare with a look both playful and menacing forcing a smile to grow under the ranger's short unkempt beard. For the duration of the song the two share a wordless exchange though when the music disappears so to does the ranger.

Without any further cause for delay Ganit finally reaches Beaufort; his approach is deliberately loud as to not take the contemplative old man by surprise. "I know that look. You got something you wanna say?" he asks, suddenly aware of the weight of his chest.


The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

As he tries to head to the tower Ganit is again distracted, this time it is the subtlety of the glistening of a harp with an eerily beautiful voice accompanying it. With just a few strides he has a clear view of the exhibition in the dining hall. Although the rest are drawn to the little bird singing her song, Ganit sees past her to the prowling lioness in the shadows. Gwen returns his stare with a look both playful and menacing forcing a smile to grow under the ranger's short unkempt beard. For the duration of the song the two share a wordless exchange though when the music disappears so to does the ranger.

Without any further cause for delay Ganit finally reaches Beaufort; his approach is deliberately loud as to not take the contemplative old man by surprise. "I know that look. You got something you wanna say?" he asks, suddenly aware of the weight of his chest.

Ganit+Nosey PCs:

He takes what appears to be the longest time before acknowledging Ganit's presance and turns towards him with a half-smile.
"I believe Gwen told you about what happened to your sister and Josef Mordelle." he states as he looks him over for a moment. "I understand why you never told us, but why keep it buried if you aren't going to continue living?" he asks, though it's clear on his face that it appears he might already know the answer.

He looks back to the wilds and gives a sigh as he gets out a bottle of whisky and gives Ganit a wink in a silent way of asking him not to tell Gwen.
"I'm no angel neither, boy. I kill a young human child when I was the age we found you. The boy was the same age as your youngest sister and his visage has been imprinted on my memory, but before I handed myself in after what I had done Gwens mother passed away in child birth." he pauses as he takes a swig of whisky himself "People will tell you that it was selfish, but handing myself in wouldn't bring that child back and my girl needed her father. No matter how many times I tell myself this, I keep seeing his face on nights like this." he gives a short, nervous laugh for a moment before turning back to Ganit. "The worst thing...the worst f+!*ing thing is my memory of my wife's face has faded, but the memory of the look of shock and horror on that poor child's face is burned into my skull and will haunt me to my grave." as he takes another swig he gives Ganit a look "You see, we're not so different. Laws claim that we should pay for our crime and I know Erastil damns me for not handing myself in and leaving my daughter in some g+!-d&*ned orphanage, but seeing as I saved you and have saved other unskilled hunters I believe he has forgiven me, but I ain't spotless and never will be again."


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson continues to watch the festivities, unmoved by the harp and evaluating the combat worthiness of the visitors. After a short time he seeks out Oleg.

"Oleg, we'll be heading North for a short time, just Ganit and myself, to get some more exotic supplies. Is there anything you need that the regular merchants don't have?"

3,351 to 3,400 of 4,392 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.