Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


3,251 to 3,300 of 4,392 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"I am most certainly not joking! There is nothing wrong with a little etiquette and civility in the forming of civilization! Do you all know how to use a knife and fork or have you all forgotten?"

"As for a name for this new kingdom, I do like the idea of using green within the name. How about The Grand Kingdom of the Greenbelt?"

maybe Vermont?


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"Actually Zorestar I normally just eat with my lance. I line Donal up and charge my food, then eat the bite sized pieces that are left."

Jameson laughs at his quip.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

before I cna move on, I still need 3 more weapons as the reward for the capture of Falgrim sneeg.

Here's what I have so far:
Sir Bronwyn: Masterwork Composite Bow (+3)
Ganit: Masterwork Dagger
Telias: Masterwork Sling


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

As far as the masterwork stuff goes, I think James should get a masterwork lance and he should also take the +1 longsword. for the other two, make it two masterwork light crossbows, one for me and one for Zorestar. That way we all get 1 masterwork weapon.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Same day as Kesten leaves and later in the afternoon a man arrives who is dressed similarly to Zorestar and looking as if he should be sat at a desk somewhere rarther than being out in the open.

His wears a purple robe with starred patterns and thick glasses. For a moment you think he must've lost his way until he comes across the group.
"Heroes of the Green Belt, I assume?" he asks looking you all over and adjusting his glasses atleast once or twice when looking at Carina or Jameson. "I've been sent down here by the sword-lords to confirm the Stag Lord is indeed dead. So far I've noticed no bandits on the open road, however I will need to see some evidence for his demise." he states flatly as he looks over the group with suspecion. He gets out a notepad, ready to take down any information you supply him with to mull over later.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn approaches the man and responds:

Will his famed stag helm suffice? We have the testimony of at least one "repentant bandit" to back that out. If you'd prefer we all could engage on a hard trek south to the bandit's former camp and fort and you could see it all for yourself.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Forums just ate my post so I'm a little disheartened. For now lets just say the camera slow panes from Ganit and Gwen making out to a lit fireplace. I'll do morning interactions when I feel less betrayed. Sorry...


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"Indeed I can lend veracity to the claim, for I was there to witness the event. Verily I tell you, the stag lord is dead as much as I can assure a quadratic function has a relative extrema. Zorestar Lebeda, at your service. Who do I have the pleasure of addressing?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina looks at the noble lackey and sighs. She then steps forward and hopefully allays the solicitor's doubt.

You can have your evidence in triplicate as I figure the bureaucracy will demand. First, Ganit up there on the wall has the Stag Lord's famed bow. Second, Bron, as he just told you, has the infamous horned helmet. And third, all those prisoners you passed on the way down here with the good Kesten were the Stag Lord's surviving bandits.

Or, as Sir Bron just explained to you, you are welcome to ride with us to the former Stag Lord's fort. There are a number are areas we wish to further investigate before we make any long term decisions and there is a small area we have not yet visited to assure that there are no dangerous monsters yet there.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
"Indeed I can lend veracity to the claim, for I was there to witness the event. Verily I tell you, the stag lord is dead as much as I can assure a quadratic function has a relative extrema. Zorestar Lebeda, at your service. Who do I have the pleasure of addressing?"

The man, having no real manners just snorts as he looks at you.

"You must be that boy from House Lebeda. I heard one of their members was down here." he states, making notes "Names are unimportant, but if you wish to now I am Julius Garess." he goes back to his notes, making sure to get everything right.

Looking at the helm his eyes go wide and he takes a step closer, casting detect magic and taking his time analysing the item and looks pale as he looked back to the group.
"The Stag Lord had a magic item this powerful?" he asks and going back to his notes, writing somewhat faster and more frantic than before. "This is troubling, he must've been a fierce warrior, I apologise for my earlier attitude." as he aplogises he bows to show how sorry he is. "This man was clearly no normal bandit. The Swordlords will be interested in learning this, especially as the others have been doing well. I heard Lord Maegar Varn was thinking about visiting. He has already established his kingdom, named Varnhold. It was to be expected that he managed to establish a kingdom so early, the other groups appeared to have little problems and set up earlier too. Up north some of the swordlords have been calling you all the "Late Bloomers." but now I see why." He continues to keep taking down notes and for the first time you swear Svetlana looked angry for a moment.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

You can see the steam coming from Carina's ears as the bureaucrat makes his comment.

LATE BLOOMERS? The Swordlords sent their own trained warriors one direction. They send organized adventures a second. And down here where the real organized resistance was, what did they send but some young misfits. Well guess what. Lord Maegar Varn and his nepotistic "Varnhold" can stay where he is. The Greenbelt was no pushover, in barely a month, we have defeated worgs and giants, we have cleansed the area of bandits and mites while making alliances with those that would live with us in peace.

And who, you might ask, performed this amazing deed that the Swordlords were fearful of sending their own men to do? Why, it was a gnarled old ranger, the young and untrained sons of several noble households, a young girl with no clue about her powers and a hermit druid. In fact the best trained that were send down here, a wizard, a priest, and a trained soldier, they were the ones who found the task to be beyond their abilities and who have returned to Brevoy and Restov.

At this point Carina is almost shrieking. She then calms some while staring the bureaucrat straight in the eyes so that he can see her two colored eyes, the red one burning like fire while the blue one appears cold as ice.

Well, guess what, we did succeed, six individuals with nothing in common other than a desire to free this land of banditry and monsters so that it could be safely settled. We succeeded with our skills, arcane, divine and physical. And we will continue to succeed.

When you return to your superiors in their cushy castles, let them know that we shall continue to succeed. The Greenbelt is no more, now it shall be called Greensylvania. A land where man, fey and anyone else who wishes to live in peace shall be welcomed. A land where all will work to create a great nation, and a land in which all shall be trained to defend, whether it be with bow, sword, or magical powers. If Lord Varn wishes to visit, it will be as equals. For we have cleansed this land and shall now bring settlers to found a nation that will be remembered throughout history and the nation that grew through peace in this untamed land.

So, when you return, remember to tell the Swordlords, that "Late Bloomers" frequently grow to great size and intellect while those who developed too early fall into complacency and end up forgotten in history.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


M Human Druid 5

Telias materilizaes from the bushes pulling up his pants.

"What in the hells is all this racket about?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Note to self - do not choose that bush if looking for a quiet place for some me time.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson stands stoically as the man denigrates the groups abilities.

Well, Carina hasn't killed him yet, that's progress I guess.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:

You can see the steam coming from Carina's ears as the bureaucrat makes his comment.

LATE BLOOMERS? The Swordlords sent their own trained warriors one direction. They send organized adventures a second. And down here where the real organized resistance was, what did they send but some young misfits. Well guess what. Lord Maegar Varn and his nepotistic "Varnhold" can stay where he is. The Greenbelt was no pushover, in barely a month, we have defeated worgs and giants, we have cleansed the area of bandits and mites while making alliances with those that would live with us in peace.

And who, you might ask, performed this amazing deed that the Swordlords were fearful of sending their own men to do? Why, it was a gnarled old ranger, the young and untrained sons of several noble households, a young girl with no clue about her powers and a hermit druid. In fact the best trained that were send down here, a wizard, a priest, and a trained soldier, they were the ones who found the task to be beyond their abilities and who have returned to Brevoy and Restov.

At this point Carina is almost shrieking. She then calms some while staring the bureaucrat straight in the eyes so that he can see her two colored eyes, the red one burning like fire while the blue one appears cold as ice.

Well, guess what, we did succeed, six individuals with nothing in common other than a desire to free this land of banditry and monsters so that it could be safely settled. We succeeded with our skills, arcane, divine and physical. And we will continue to succeed.

When you return to your superiors in their cushy castles, let them know that we shall continue to succeed. The Greenbelt is no more, now it shall be called Greensylvania. A land where man, fey and anyone else who wishes to live in peace shall be welcomed. A land where all will work to create a great nation, and a land in which all shall be trained to defend, whether it be with bow, sword, or magical powers. If Lord Varn...

The man seems very scared of Carina, more so with the evident features that reveal her true nature, however he does manage to get out a snide commend.

"Be that as it may, Ancient Thassilon believed that now look what happened to them. Eitherway, you have all done a good job and if oyu wish to meet as equals, you shall have to discuss that with Lord Varn." he states before sitting down and wiping the sweat off his brow.

Telias Markan wrote:


Telias materilizaes from the bushes pulling up his pants.

"What in the hells is all this racket about?"

"Just discussing business with the group who have tamed the greenbelt sir." once he focuses on Telias, he notices the dirt and his relatively unkept look and wrinkles his nose, heading back to his notes. "I'm sure Svetlana and Oleg and serve you whilst I conclude my business, I assume you are one of the hunters who risk their lives out in these wild lands?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina begins to growl at the further commentary.

Hunters? Hunters? This is the great druid Telias. His skills with nature were unparalleled in the fight against the Stag Lord. In this new land, we will live in peace with the wilds. Telias ability to work and communicate with nature will be far more useful than all the swords in Restov when it comes to working with nature and the fey. Something I am sure you city folk know nothing about.

Now do you have any more commentary about imaginary places like Thasoland.

Carina pauses again attempting to control her anger.

Let me help you a little. We all are the Heros of the Greenbelt. Over there is Jameson Addercop IV, master of the the lance and horse combat. Up on the tower with the beautiful elf maiden is Ganit, archer extraordinaire. The well dressed gentleman you seem to know is Zorestar Lebeda, master of the arcane. I already mentioned Telias, druid and protector of nature. The rugged looking one with the deceptively pretty smile would be Sir Bron, but don't get on his bad side as his ability to slay enemies with that sword is without compare. And finally, I am Carina. When all else fails, I blow things up and cause devastation to the enemy from afar.

Make sure that the swordlords know who it was that took down the Stag Lord. It was us as a team, not their hired adventurers, not Lord Barn, not anyone else. It was the six of us that lead the fight, and it was the six of us that finished the fight.

When she finishes, Carina turns and storms out of the room to find some place to calm down. The first thing she does is to launch some acid balls as a rock outside the fort, and then she finds a log which she rips to shreds with her claws.


M Human Druid 5

"More 'er less." Says Telias non-commitally ignoring Carina's female shrills and addressing the man calmly.. "Names Telias. Telias Markan. Pleasure ta meet ya mr?" Telias says proferring a dirty calloused hand for a handshake.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

"No need to shout dear, I'm noteing this down and it's Varn." he states and looks back to Telias. "My name is Julius Garess and it's...nice to meet you." he seems a little scared to even look at Telias' hand, let along touch it with his own, but he does, wipeing it down on his robe afterwards. "I will tell the swordlords what I have learnt here and shall return in a few days once a reward has been sorted and shipped. It's also nice to meet you Sir Bronwyn Raslov, I did not recognise the crest." he moves over and offers a hand to Sir Bronwyn.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson watches the man approach Sir Raslov with interest.

Does he suspect?

With casual ease he makes his way to stand by Bronwyn.

"An ancient family good sir, and Sir Raslov here the latest heir. Make sure you note him with the respect he has earned here."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jameson Addercop IV wrote:

Jameson watches the man approach Sir Raslov with interest.

Does he suspect?

With casual ease he makes his way to stand by Bronwyn.

"An ancient family good sir, and Sir Raslov here the latest heir. Make sure you note him with the respect he has earned here."

Will wait for Sir Bronwyn to say something so he isn't left out :)


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"Well, Mr. Julius Garess, you may not think that names are all that important, but they are when they are followed with action and the reputation that comes with following up with what we say we are going to do! You will remember our names hereafter and you will be able to say you knew us when... For indeed my companions and I will work to bring about one of the finest charters in the realm!"

Pulling out his pipe and lighting it, Zorestar sits back, strokes his beard and proceeds to ask questions.

"So Julius, you heard that a Lebeda boy was down here in the Greenbelt. Who told you such news? Do you know if the rest of my family is still upset with my supposed irrational decision to come down here? If you return north, you can send word that Zorestar is thoroughly enjoying himself, and is making himself right at home with all of his natural surroundings!"


M Human Druid 5

Telias can't help himself. "Please gods take him back. He's been demandin caterin an a servant to do his launderin since 'e got 'ere!"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13
Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
"[Y]ou can send word that Zorestar is thoroughly enjoying himself, and is making himself right at home with all of his natural surroundings!"

If Carina were still in the room and not outside destroying things, she would probably die laughing at Zorestar's comment that he is "right at home with all of his natural surroundings."

Which brings up memories of Zorestar being surrounded with "natural" horse sh!t.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Having just washed the road off from his body, Ganit dodges past a familiarly irritated Carina as he enters the dining hall with a bare torso and a towel to his graying hair. Without his armor and jacket he looks much smaller than usual, his wiry body comparable to that of a shaved cat. He expected to find Bronwyn with his mouth agape and a new lady at his side he's taken by surprise at the sight of the over dressed page at the center of conversation. Cooley studying the man he walks to the counter and taps a silver to get Svetlana's attention. "A pouch of tobacco and some papers when you can, Svetlana. Thanks."

He turns back around to face the group and braces himself with his sinewy arms against the bar, proudly displaying an intricate masterpiece drawn on his chest in scars. Looking at Zorestar, "I'm guessing this ones with you, eh?"


Male Human Bard 4

I go out to the movies and then it's open warfare! Madness, I tell you! FUN madness!

The knight frowns at the display of typical entitled arrogance from the noble.

The lady has the right of it, mister Garess. We, as a group of unknown strangers, faced a ruthless, organized and entrenched enemy occupying a veritable fortress. Their numbers included not only bandits, but a half-giant and some sort of warlock. We took out two different camps and their leadership, managed to fortify an alliance with the same kobolds who were harassing southern Brevoy so the peace you enjoy up there was bought with our blood and sweat.

Bronwyn obviously tries to hold himself for a second, but apparently Carina's anger struck a chord with him. He ends up taking one step forward, almost too close to the envoy.

It was because of someone like you I left the north to risk my life and try my luck down here. The swordlords respect strenght and battle prowess, and that I'm sure you're not finding short in here. But the value they saw in you must be pretty well f@~$ing hidden under those layers of arrogance. I care not a pig's s@!~ for your politics and - as he continues the sentence he removes one by one the symbols of his family present at his armor - stamped metal shoulderpads and a cloak pin - whatever happens to me from this point forward it will be under my name and by my accomplishments alone. I formally renounce my last name of Raslov and any family rights I could have. By my deeds in this land I take its name, Greenwood, and I hope that's the name that will go down in history, untarnished by petty politics and effete bureaucrats!

His heraldry on the mud, he turns his back and walks away from the man.

That poor poor man chose a bad moment for snide comments.


M Human Druid 5

Oh man the good bard's ballls finally descended. And they're huge!


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina is still sitting outside wondering whether acid globs she was tossing at the stone would have any effect of thrown at the the noble flunky's nether region. Eventually she realized there was probably nothing there to hit.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Telias Markan wrote:
Oh man the good bard's ballls finally descended. And they're huge!

Aparently that not what Kressel has to say. Hey-Oooooo!

DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
... Bronwyn sharing a "good time" with Kressel who, for the record, shows no real interest in him.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn leaves the post, searching the outside area for Carina. He looks positively strange, his armor missing spots and without his ever-present cloak.

Carina?


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

You find Carina sitting next to a tree contemplating things. While she appears to have calmed down, the tree above her looks worse for the wear, more like it was attacked by a bear than a girl, there is also a nearby rock which is pocked with acid burns.

Whats up Bron, did the swordlords messenger continue to insult us? Or did he learn his lesson?


Male Human Bard 4

I... may have said one thing or another to that end. In spite of that pamped idiot they sent, I believe they trust strenght and will, and maybe our declarations can end up favoring us in their eyes. Or maybe they'll send assassins for our skins. I couldn't care either way right now.

The knight approaches her, making an effort to remove the chainmail that has gotten too troublesome to wear without the proper fastings. He then sits by the tree and looks at the post in the distance.

Dya believe a man can change?


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina looks up at Bron:

Change? Anyone can change. The question is whether you want to and whether you believe you can.

Many people want to change. Some drunks clean up and do great things. Others fall back into the depredations of their ale. I have changed. I grew up the daughter of a hunter and ranger. I spent years serving as a guard for caravans throughout Brevoy and the Lake of Mists.

And then this happened. I point to my eyes and raise my hands showing the sharp fingernails.

I have changed. As you saw from my reaction in there, I still have other things to change and I do not know how. But, if I wish to live in any civilized land, I must change and learn to control my temper and my powers.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

So, what do you think needs to be changed? Other than your outfit which looks like you got into a wrestling match with the swordlord scion. Although, I would have thought that the great Sir Bron would have been more successful.


Male Human Bard 4

I'm a completely different person than the man they sent south with that silly charter. I'm no nobleman, I'm no knight. I changed completely from the person I once was, and I think that change was for the better.

The man looks at his ironclad feet and feels like taking his armored greaves and boots off.

I hope that all that we done in these lands can set me apart from the man that left Restov by the west road. I have... renounced to the Raslov name. I have no desire to return to Brevoy in this lifetime, and I want to leave my past life behind and never look back. I was given a second life and I want to live it. The Stag Lord's arrows, all those hungry monsters, I realized life's too short to keep looking back and worrying. Life's too short to delay the important. Live is too short to not be lived. I wanna live it. And I want you to be there. By my side.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina watches Bron as he responds. When he announces that he has renounced his family name, her mouth falls open. When he makes his final statement her face quickly phases through a series of emotions - fear, surprise, relief.

You . . . but I am a freak. Look at me, I can shred a tree like a bear. I have one eye that is red, and another that is blue. I spend my nights having dreams - nightmares - about these orcs. Not good ones like James, but evil, violent, brutal dreams. I don't even know what I am any more. . . . And . . and you want me by your side?

For perhaps the first time since you have known her, you can see tears forming in the corner of Carina's eyes.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn reaches for Carina, his hand gently in her shoulder.

I want to be there when you wake up in the middle of the night. I want to rage by your side or hold you in my arms to calm yourself. I myself don't really know who I am at this point or even what's my name. But one thing I do know is that I want you Carina.

He leans in, his fingers gently at her chin, lifting her eyes to his.

Those eyes, like fire and ice.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13
Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

Bronwyn reaches for Carina, his hand gently in her shoulder.

Not sure how you put your hand in someones shoulder, will have to learn that trick sometime.

Carina stares up into Bron's eyes. At a loss for words for the first time in a long while.

I would like that as well.

She then continues to stare into his eyes, blind to the rest of the world, and most importantly free from her doubt and the voices in her head for the first time in weeks.


Male Human Bard 4

Gimme a break, it's 3 AM and english is my second language.

Not a man to waste words when actions would do better, Bronwyn leans in to kiss Carina.

Aaand the rest will be only on your wildest fantasies and fanfics to spare the virgin eyes of the rest of the gruop.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Lol - was hoping there would not be any more rounds here. Only 12:30, but way past my bedtime.

Carina closes her eyes and returns the kiss.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

awww, so romantic. Now, time for buracrat to get the heck out of there.

Julius, looking put down and in his place appears flustered.
"Well, I have all I require. I will send the reward down with that detestable brother of mine, Kesten." he says as he leaves and goes back up north in a huff and muttering something about a lack of respect for high borns on his way.

out for the rest of the day, but will be checking in via my new BB.


The next morning Kesten arrives both with the weapons you all requested:

A Masterwork Composite Bow (+3), Masterwork Dagger, Masterwork Sling, Masterwork Lance and two Masterwork light crossbows, one for Carian and one for Zorestar, but with him he also brings a large sack of gold coins for the group (containts 7,500 gp) and a new charter from the swordlords.

New Charter:

"Be it so known that the bearers of this charter, having delivered the northern reaches of the Greenbelt from the scourge of banditry, having provided detailed maps of the lay of the land, and having done no small amount of work in the exploration of said land and the culling of hostile monsters and indigenous hazards, are hereby granted the right to rule. The nature and laws of rule are theirs to define, and the wellbeing of this new nation is theirs to protect. In accordance for providing a stable nation to the south of central Rostland, let there be a generous stipend of funds, support, and advice provided to this fledgling nation as a token of Restov and Brevoy’s goodwill, such that future relations between kingdoms might be mutually beneficial. So witnessed under the watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and by the authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of the Dragonscale Throne."

"I see Maegar Varn has not yet arrived. I last heard he would be making his way up through the lands and decided to avoid the road. Something about missing travelling through un-cultimated land." he shrugs and gives a smile to the group. "When will you be ready to start setting up this kingdom?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Sort of Retcon:

After savoring the kiss and the realization that perhaps she is not alone in this desolate land, Carina breaks off the kiss and stands up. She eyes turn hard again for a moment, then opens her hand and slaps Bron on the cheek.

That is for turning invisible and taking on Staggy by yourself. If you ever do that or anything else that stupid again. It will hurt a lot more next time.

Now then, we have four other misfits to get together. Hopefully that obnoxious sword bored will be gone before we return, otherwise I might start to use him for target practice. Are all nobles as ungodly conceited as he was? I know that Zorestar can be a bore, but at least he does not spend all this time trying to look down on those he considers below him.

Carina reaches out and takes Bron's hand and begins to slowly walk back to Oleg's enjoying the moment.

_______________

Then next morning, Carina is up early getting her horse ready for a ride when Kessen returns.

Morning Kessen. I was amazed to hear that you were related to that conceited buffoon which the Swordlords send down here yesterday. For some reason, I am guessing that you and he do not see eye to eye on much.

So, what can you tell us about the Lord Meager Barn. He sounds like he is so overconfident in his land that he is willing to leave it to be tended by others but a month after founding the first town. While I expect to trust those who will help run the land, I doubt that barely a month in we will be making great voyages to foreign lands.

As far as the kingdom goes, we have been discussing this and while we have not made a final decision, I do believe that the location where the Stag Lord had set up camp is one of the best locations in the area. It has several waterways and appears to have a fairly large lake to the south. We need to investigate the area a little more before we make a final decision, but from out initial sorties, I believe that is where we will establish our first settlement.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Another RETCON:

After returning hand in hand with Bron and a big smile on her face, Carina takes Svetlana aside and tells her what happened, girl to girl. With a smile, she then retires to her bed for what she hopes will be one of the first restful nights of sleep in weeks.

Her dreams begin with memories of good times, she recalls her youth and her mother and father. And then the smiling face of Bron saying he loves her. However, Bron's face then morphs and degenerates into the face of the orc witchdoctor.

Wake up you belligerent fool. This is no time for rest. With that the witchdoctor slaps her across her face and she tastes her own blood. You have learned well, but you will die on the battlefield. There is no place for dreams or caring about others. It is kill or be killed.

The scene shifts and she again sees the witchdoctor before her. He puts a hand to his lips and quietly says: When hunting, you must be quiet, but stay in contact with your team. Otherwise, your spell might kill your guards. And dead guards mean dead you. She sees him then move his hands. The next thing she knows, she can hear him whispering quietly in her ear from many feet away, and she can also hear the voices of other orcs speaking quietly.

She then hears him whisper. Watch now, there is an archer in that tree waiting to ambush your guards. You must stop him, but how? Watch. He then moves his hands and you recognize that the spell he is casting will make an object slippery and very difficult to hold. As she watches, she sees a bow drop from the tree, a bow which looks eerily familiar, followed by several curses in a voice she knows she should recognize.

And now, the whisper continues, to stop your foe. The witchdoctor moves his hands and she recognize the motions for fire from the fan of flames she already knows. Suddenly in a clearing ahead she sees five individuals sitting around a fire when one wearing fine robes bursts into flames. When this happens, another with blond hair jumps up grabbing a large sword. The witchdoctor makes the motions again and this man also bursts into flames. Suddenly, she recognizes this man and screams. BR.

Carina then awakes drenched in sweat and screaming: NOT BRON, NOT BRON


Carina Stigard wrote:


Then next morning, Carina is up early getting her horse ready for a ride when Kessen returns.

Morning Kessen. I was amazed to hear that you were related to that conceited buffoon which the Swordlords send down here yesterday. For some reason, I am guessing that you and he do not see eye to eye on much.

So, what can you tell us about the Lord Meager Barn. He sounds like he is so overconfident in his land that he is willing to leave it to be tended by others but a month after founding the first town. While I expect to trust those who will help run the land, I doubt that barely a month in we will be making great voyages to foreign lands.

As far as the kingdom goes, we have been discussing this and while we have not made a final decision, I do believe that the location where the Stag Lord had set up camp is one of the best locations in the area. It has several waterways and appears to have a fairly large lake to the south. We need to investigate the area a little more before we make a final decision, but from out initial sorties, I believe that is where we will establish our first...

"He isn't my favourite family member. I once pushed him over into a pig pen, though I think he never truely got the pig s#%! out of his ears." he stated with a wide smile. "I'm just glad that I don't have to be involved with him anymore and I hope he didn't insult you too badly, he knows no better and acts more like his old man than he'd care to admit."

"Most I know about Maegar Varn is that he went to the Nomen Heights with a group of mercenaries and unlike what that poor excuse for a noble gave of a impression, he actually treats them as his equals and sees no reason to act high and mighty, especially since he is the third in line of the family so he'll never inherit his father's title." he states, attempting to remember what he knows. One of these men he travels with is a cleric of Erastil who has been a lifelong friend of his, but that's all I know about the man. I've never met him, but heard that in combat he swigs his blade so fast it looks like he's weilding the air itself, but those could just be stories."[/b] Kesten shrugs as this is all he knows about the man, which isn't much.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Still waiting on responses to my last post, but everyone seems to have gone to sleep on this game.

Carina listens to Kesten:

I am starting to wonder whether these noble types have an affinity for sh!t. Zorestar was rubbing it all over himself and your brother is full of it. The others can tell you about what happened, lets just say I sort of lost my temper with your brother and his need to insult us.

If this Varn is coming in peace and not seeking an advantage against us, the we will meet him with open arms. If he wishes to gain an advantage against us, then he better be prepared for a fight.

Carina pauses, and then suddenly sees that Oleg has stepped out to greet Kesten.

Thinking about the new nation we now have a Charter to found, what is your plan Kesten? And yours as well Oleg? Are you all planning on maintaining and guarding this wonderful establishment? Or would you consider moving further south with us once we start to set up camp? We are obviously going to need people knowledgeable in trade as well as skilled commanders to assure the safety of those who choose to settle with us.


Male Human Bard 4
Carina Stigard wrote:

That is for turning invisible and taking on Staggy by yourself. If you ever do that or anything else that stupid again. It will hurt a lot more next time.

I guess I deserved that... again. Bron says while he rubs his face to take the sting off the slap. I promise I'll cut down on the heroics, but with Jameson charging around the field, it falls to me the duty of protecting you and the others. I can promise I'll try and find a better shield and armor as soon as possible. It's time to paint a different coat-of-arms anyway.

Carina Stigard wrote:

Now then, we have four other misfits to get together. Hopefully that obnoxious sword bored will be gone before we return, otherwise I might start to use him for target practice. Are all nobles as ungodly conceited as he was? I know that Zorestar can be a bore, but at least he does not spend all this time trying to look down on those he considers below him.

Carina reaches out and takes Bron's hand and begins to slowly walk back to Oleg's enjoying the moment.

The knight takes her hand, walking slowly to extend the moment.

In my experience, most are. Even those rare ones that have some redeeming qualities see themselves as a separate race from their subjects. In there their word is law and contradict it is a crime. But in here? Not so much. He comes from whatever tea-drinking lace-wearing court up in the north to this land to write a piece of paper and expect to belittle those who worked hard to make this place safe enough that he could even survive that travel? That's absurd. He deserved a little screaming in the face.


Male Human Bard 4
Carina Stigard wrote:
Carina then awakes drenched in sweat and screaming: NOT BRON, NOT BRON

Bronwyn wakes up with the screaming.

Not me! Not me! Wha- His eyes blinking in surprise, he takes a couple seconds to figure out the situation.

The bard moves over to lie down by Carina's side in the narrow bed, and involves her with his arms.

It's over, love. I'm here, nothing's happening to you while I'm here. You can sleep now.

Almost as a whisper, he starts the simple rhyme:

Oh, hush thee, my baby,
Thy sire was a knight,
Thy mother a lady,
Both lovely and bright;
The woods and the glens,
From the towers which we see,
They all are belonging,
Dear baby, to thee.
Oh, hush thee, my baby,
Thy sire was a knight,
Oh, hush thee, my baby,
So bonnie, so bright.

Oh, fear not the bugle,
Tho' loudly it blows,
It calls but the warders
That guard thy repose;
Their bows would be bended,
Their blades would be red,
Ere the step of a foeman
Draws near to thy bed.
Oh, hush thee, my baby,
Thy sire was a knight,
Oh, hush thee, my baby,
So bonnie, so bright.


Male Human Bard 4
Carina Stigard wrote:
Thinking about the new nation we now have a Charter to found, what is your plan Kesten? And yours as well Oleg? Are you all planning on maintaining and guarding this wonderful establishment? Or would you consider moving further south with us once we start to set up camp? We are obviously going to need people knowledgeable in trade as well as skilled commanders to assure the safety of those who choose to settle with us.

Well, even if the good man Oleg stayed here he could be a bridge of sorts for a trade route. Once we lay down a road connecting the fort to here, that travel should take a day. Merchants could use the place to restock and rest. Either way, he's going to prosper.

Bronwyn looks to the trading post's master:

I assume you bought this land and it belongs to you alone, is that right? When the time comes you can join us or remain attached to Restov. Even if you do we won't forget your support all this time. But if you do decide to join us you do as a partner, not a subject. We'll need all the support we can muster.

After that he tries talking to Kesten.

We know you and your men have been sent by Restov to stand around and guard this place, but I believe the post is out of danger for quite some time since we took out the bandits and put the kobold-mite war to rest. We'll need competent people to train fighting men from the settlers that will be coming. If you believe you can train a man to use sword and bow, we'll have a guaranteed place for you and your men. What's the nature of the contract that binds you to this job?


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Just to keep screwing with the timeline of this thread.

Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

The bard moves over to lie down by Carina's side in the narrow bed, and involves her with his arms.

It's over, love. I'm here, nothing's happening to you while I'm here. You can sleep now.

Carina has a look of utter terror in her eyes.

Sobbing - It was terrible. I was having wonderful dreams and then . . . then it all changed. My dreams of the horrible orc witchdoctor returned. As always, he was teaching by leading a fight against good people.

Carina breaks down and cries into Bron's shoulder as he sings his song.

Then he began to attack a group of adventurers. I saw a bow fall from a tree. Then I watched as he caused a man in robes to burst into flame. Then . . . Carina takes a deep breath trying to keep her composure. Then a man draw a sword and came charging toward the witchdoctor with a sword drawn. And the witchdoctor made him catch on fire as well. And then I saw the man's face.

Carina again begins to sob uncontrollably as the second song is sung.

I saw his face as he burst into flames. It was you Bron. The witchdoctor was leading an attack on you, and Ganit, and Zorestar. And this is where I am getting my strange powers. What am I? I am a monster. I cannot be with you all, what if this dream took control of me? I might hurt or kill you all.

Carina's expression has now switched from tears to terror as she imagines herself unwillingly attacking and killing her companions.


Male Human Bard 4

I'll be here, love, by your side. I know you have a strong, sharp mind, and you can resist anything. I heard it, you were fighting him even in your sleep. You are a fighter, and dreams are just dreams.

The bard carress her hair and the back of her head, massassing slowly to try and dissipate the tension.

Let me help you fight this battle too. You don't have to be alone.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina slowly calms down.

But what am I? I saw Zorestar's face when he first saw me, he knows something. I always thought I was just another girl growing up in the rough and tumble world that is Brevoy. And then this happened.

Carina shows her hands and points to her eyes.
I grew claws. My eyes changed color. My skin is resistant to damage. Heck, I can poke myself with a dagger and I have to push hard just to break the skin.

Carina takes a deep breath and then looks back into Bron's eyes.

And these dreams, they are not just dreams. If I wanted to, I could set you on fire, or James, or Ganit, or Svetlana, or anyone else here. All my abilities, they have come from this horrid witchdoctor monster. He is not a good civilized orc like James, he is a brutal killer. I have watched him kill elves and dwarves and humans. All he cares for is obedience and power. What if I do change and become like him? My body has changed, how do you know that my mind and personality will not change as well?

3,251 to 3,300 of 4,392 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.