Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


3,201 to 3,250 of 4,392 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I have no problem taking a day to relax and wash up.

Hearing Svetlana's comment, Carina begins to laugh. When she has a chance, she talks with both Zorestar and Svetlana:

To Zorestar:
While you have very effectively been the brunt of our jokes for a while now, you might want to take a bath at some point. Otherwise, I doubt that the others are going to allow you to sleep in the walls. For future reference, horse sh!t is rarely, if ever, an effective method of disguise - unless you are disguising yourself as a pile of horse sh!t.

To Svetlana with a big grin:
Funniest thing I have ever seen, this noble wannabe adventurer thought that when we were putting dust on our faces to appear more road weary and to look like brigands, he though we were using dung. I almost choked trying to hold my tongue and avoid laughing out loud. Even better, he apparently does not realize that he has continued to stink of horse refuse ever since.

Everyone: I really do not need a weapon, I think that having Ganit or James have a second good Melee weapon would be preferable.


Male Human Bard 4

As much as Bron would benefit from a masterwork bastard sword, he wouldn't like to stop using his own trusty sword that has the coat of arms of his family. So he would like to get a masterwork composite [+3] shortbow as a ranged backup. Would it be possible to find any spellcaster capable of casting Masterwork Transformation?


M Human Druid 5

You mean like the one in your group?

Telias will get a masterwork sling.

As Telias sat outside letting the other celebrate and whatever they felt they needed to do. Telias brooded over an ounce of tobacco and twilight. Looking over the southern horizon he imagined the ancient trees that would be cut to build homes where people would raise families, slaughter animals, and live short mean lives while there house made from the dead groanded and rotted around them. He thought of the fey creatures adn the animals who would be forced further south as the towers started to rise, as Abadar's influence became felt, as madmen, criminals, and poachers flooded into the wilderness to make their sacrifices to the grand machine of civilization. It angered him. Their was a brief contemplation of killing everyone in their sleep. No staglord, no swordlords and their papers. The wilderness would thrive for that much longer. But what good would it do? More would come. More mercenaries playing at heroes playing at kings. And likely far worse than this lot. At least these people had morals for what they were worth. Another group would just as soon kill everyone here as ally with them as this lot had done.

He watched and brooded and wondered if there was even a place for him in the world anymore. His hawk preened noting quietly that there will always be rats and rabbits. Telias found no comfort in his companions hunger.


Male Human Bard 4

Yeah just like that, didn't remember it was druid too xD


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn looks wearily at Ganit and Telias wandering off to whatever secluded spots they like to haunt.

Two lone wolves right there. Alone even in a crowd.

Our deserved rest is finally at hand, folks! In a couple of days we'll hear news of Restov and hard work will be upon us again, but now we can finally enjoy some peace and quiet. The work of many months is finally finished, the shadow cast upon this land removed! Good folks like Svetlana and Oleg now need not fear what the next day will bring, and I believe that calls for a celebration!


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

I'll take a Masterwork Dagger

Beaufort/any snooping PC's:

Beaufort of the Greenbelt DM wrote:
"Brooding again, I see boy."

"You know what they say about 'old habits' eh Beaufort?" Ganit replies morosely as he tears the cork from the whiskey with his teeth and pours a healthy dose down his throat.

Beaufort of the Greenbelt DM wrote:
"That's a fine bow you have there. Tore it from the corpse of that disgrace to us rangers I hear."

"He doesn't need it anymore. Figure I may as well put a solid piece like this to better use," he lets that thought settle for a few seconds before snickering to himself. "Heh, 'better use'. Seems fitting that I take the bastard's bow. Should have taken his crown while I was at it. Two of kind, he and I."

With a sullen frown, Ganit takes another pull from the bottle. "Should have seen me out there Beaufort. It was just like old times. Barely missed a step. Like my body remembered what I tried for 10 years to bury, forget, and drink away. Funny thing is I forgot how good I was at it. Compared to everything else, killing is the only thing I can do well."


Jameson Addercop IV wrote:
"Will you be safe on your travels Kesten? I'd hate for something to happen to you, you will not be travelling alone I trust? As for myself, a fine lance would go a long way for me."

Kesten gives a smile to Jameson's concern.

"Heh, I doupt he'll cause much trouble by himself, especially if he's gagged and bound, but if you wish I could bring a few guards with me. You will all be protecting Oleg's afterall I assume?" he asks with a brow and a smile as he has a feeling you will.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson nods in response.

"I'd feel better if you took a few with you, we'll watch the post while you're away."


Carina Stigard wrote:

I have no problem taking a day to relax and wash up.

Hearing Svetlana's comment, Carina begins to laugh. When she has a chance, she talks with both Zorestar and Svetlana:

To Svetlana with a big grin:
Funniest thing I have ever seen, this noble wannabe adventurer thought that when we were putting dust on our faces to appear more road weary and to look like brigands, he though we were using dung. I almost choked trying to hold my tongue and avoid laughing out loud. Even better, he apparently does not realize that he has continued to stink of horse refuse ever since.

Svetlana lets out a laugh at this and then smiles towards the pair.

"I knew nobles knew little about our world, but I never would've thought one would cover himself in horse s#*+ thinking that's what people did." she smiles over to Zorestar though. "I'm sure that tale will be left out when we re-tell the great victory."


The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

I'll take a Masterwork Dagger

** spoiler omitted **

Ganit + snoops:

The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:


"You know what they say about 'old habits' eh Beaufort?" Ganit replies morosely as he tears the cork from the whiskey with his teeth and pours a healthy dose down his throat.

"They die hard, that's right." he smiles as he watches him down the wiskey.

The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:


"He doesn't need it anymore. Figure I may as well put a solid piece like this to better use," he lets that thought settle for a few seconds before snickering to himself. "Heh, 'better use'. Seems fitting that I take the bastard's bow. Should have taken his crown while I was at it. Two of kind, he and I."

With a sullen frown, Ganit takes another pull from the bottle. "Should have seen me out there Beaufort. It was just like old times. Barely missed a step. Like my body remembered what I tried for 10 years to bury, forget, and drink away. Funny thing is I forgot how good I was at it. Compared to everything else, killing is the only thing I can do well."

Beaufort remains silent for a moment and shakes his head.

"No, you are nothing like him. If that were true, I would've gutted you myself." he says as he stares off acros the lands.

"You can never forget the past, nor bury it or try to drink it away. I, too, have done things I'm not proud of, but I have a life and a daughter to look after. I can never forgive myself, but I move on with my life." he gives a small smile though his eyes tell the truth and deph of what he speaks.

1d20 ⇒ 9

1d20 ⇒ 11

Ganit:

You notice someone out the corner of your eye watching, but making no advances towards the two of you.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I keep talking with Svetlana:
So, has there been anything interesting since we have been gone? Any news from the north? Other interesting visitors during our absence?


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit mulls over Beaufort's wisdom before noticing a figure eavesdropping on them. Thankful for the distraction, he calls out at it. "The shadows aren't doing you any good, stranger. Best come out now before I have to teach you some manners."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Carina Stigard wrote:

I keep talking with Svetlana:

So, has there been anything interesting since we have been gone? Any news from the north? Other interesting visitors during our absence?

"Well, ever since yesterday we've been seeing more fey creatures showing up, some coming forward with gifts." she states showing a small wooden statue, which almost looks like Telias before she brings out others that seems to depict the rest of the group in heroic poses. "There are whispers that if you settle this land with the Kobolds many other races will view your kingdom as a safe heaven some believe. It depends if you decide to become a peaceful community or another Molthune, but I know you all well enough not to be like them."

It's general knowledge that Molthune is a territorial expansionist country with a military oligarchy commanding it. Their army is one feared for they not only have a overwhelming number of humans in it, but they take in all creatures as long as they are willing to obey their laws and enlist in their army. They've been known to have Hobgoblins, Centaurs, Lawful Lycanthropes and even a few nagas, all serving as highly specialized units. Those are the only monster units people know of, who knows what else Molthune has under it's sleeve. Most other places either tolerate monsters creatures, but treat them as lessers or they are plagued by them so a society that would accept them would be looked on as unique and a safe haven.


The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Ganit mulls over Beaufort's wisdom before noticing a figure eavesdropping on them. Thankful for the distraction, he calls out at it. "The shadows aren't doing you any good, stranger. Best come out now before I have to teach you some manners."

Intimidate: 1d20+3

"Is that any way to speak to an old friend, Ganit?" comes the voice, followed by Beaufort's daughter "I thought the first thing you would do it come and see me." she states with a smirk as she leans against the wall, her father groaning at his midbehaving daughter.

"Gwen, I thought I raised you not to listen in on people and hide in the shadows like some kind of assassin!" he shouts where she just shakes her head clearly not interested in arguing with her father.

"I want to know, Ganit. Why do you keep punishing yourself and compare yourself to that villain, The Stag Lord?" she asks, clearly not wanting to leave without a answer.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13
Svetlana AKA DM wrote:


"Well, ever since yesterday we've been seeing more fey creatures showing up, some coming forward with gifts." she states showing a small wooden statue, which almost looks like Telias before she brings out others that seems to depict the rest of the group in heroic poses. "There are whispers that if you settle this land with the Kobolds many other races will view your kingdom as a safe heaven some believe. It depends if you decide to become a peaceful community or another Molthune, but I know you all well enough not to be like them."

Carina picks up and looks at the small statuette: I cannot speak for my fellows, but at this point, I do believe that if it were my choice, all creatures great and small would be allowed to settle here. Mind you, there will be rules and laws necessary to keeps the land good and peaceful, but if kobolds, or goblins, or fey, or most any other creature comes to us and asks for a place to live, I would not be opposed to it. We all know that there are creatures out there far more skilled at many things than are we humans. If the land is to be strong and able to stand against the Bandit Kingdoms to the south and Brevoy to the north, then we must use every asset available.

It was thus that we decided to work with the kobolds. There are many natural resources that can be mined in the hills south of here. Kobolds are skilled at working in small enclosed places such as mines. It is a perfect arrangement. They get a place to call home without the need to fear daily attacks from mites and other enemies, we get skilled miners to help build the economy of this land. Similarly, the fey of this land will, I hope, help to shepherd the woods and wilds so that the farmers and hunters of the land will be successful.

Carina then hands the small statue back to Svetlana. Or, as you can see, some Fey are skilled artisans. Perhaps this small new nation far in the north of the Avistan will be one day renown for the exquisite creations of its fey craftsmen.

Carina again pauses and looks around at her companions and the others in the area around Oleg's. In the end, a land is only as strong as its people. If we were to chase away the fey and the kobolds, and all other creatures willing to live peacefully in this land, we would be chasing away some of our greatest resources. That would be a very foolish manner of leading a fledgling nation.

Carina thinks for a minute: Heck, just look at your outpost. Several weeks ago, it was nothing but two wonderful, but struggling merchants serving a few trappers and hunters. Now, it is practically a small village of commerce. With regular trade north and south.

Finally, regarding Molthune. I certainly hope that we do not end up like Molthune. However, as with any other resource, if the time comes that we need a military and are unable to successfully defend ourselves with the people we have, then a decision will have to be made as to whether to utilize specialist troops. However, I hope that we never have the need to use evil lycanthropes and other evil magical beasts or evil humanoids. I would hope that if and when the time comes that an army is needed, we will have the resources within our land to defend ourselves.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"I agree that all should be welcome, but they must obey the laws of the land. If they cannot live here in harmony, they will not be allowed to live here. This is all rather moot for now though isn't it? We are not yet a kingdom or a country, we are a fortress in the wilderness. The bigger question will be how can we grow and expand?"


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn listens attentively to the exchange between Svetlana and Carina.

I believe that as long as one does not harm others and contributes to the community, it does not matter what if he has pointy ears or scaly skin. I don't believe we need any further proof that we are all capable of rising above our station and our backgrounds.

He gently takes one of the statuettes and gazes upon it with a sad admiration.

I... This land is their land as much as the Sootscales. They both have proved that they are willing to contribute to our society and respect the lives of the other people who live within. I would be proud to call them allies, or even better, as brothers. As soon as we get news from Restov and work out the letter of the law we should work to include them among our people, so they can be protected by law. Many foreigners might come into these lands with prejudice against these folk, and they should be guarded as much as our own families.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn turns to Jameson, thinking a few seconds before answering his question to the best of his ability:

Sir Jameson, that's a question that has been asked for centuries before us, and will continue to be asked in the millenia to come. Each and every people find their own answers, and the pursuit of our own should be our guiding light in the years to come. I believe we must find that razor's edge between keeping civilization and maintaining nature and its natural resources. As Telias has already pointed out, relentless exploration leads to devastation of the land and corruption of the soul. I just hope he is willing to guide our way in finding that path and sticking to it, all the while grumbling and cursing along the way.


Male Human Bard 4

Then, seemingly startled by a strange background silence, the knight turns to Svetlana:

Milady, if you won't mind me asking; where are Cambyl and Lukan? I had expected to see the fighter staring from the walls and the priest opening a cask of ale for our arrival. And our "redeemed" bandit Kressel, for that matter?


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina suddenly realizes that Bron is right:

I had not noticed that Bron, but you are correct. Where are our former companions? They are usually the first to greet us with open arms and fine brew.


M Human Druid 5

Telias as spiritual guidance? I don't think Zorestar's soul could handle the stress.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13
Telias Markan wrote:
Telias as spiritual guidance? I don't think Zorestar's soul could handle the stress.

Zorestar likes his pipe as much as you do Telias. Just depends what "natural" ingredients you use to flavor the tabac.


Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

Then, seemingly startled by a strange background silence, the knight turns to Svetlana:

Milady, if you won't mind me asking; where are Cambyl and Lukan? I had expected to see the fighter staring from the walls and the priest opening a cask of ale for our arrival. And our "redeemed" bandit Kressel, for that matter?

"I'm surprised you hadn't asked about them when you came back before or the time before that." she states as she looks to Sir Bronwyn. "Lukan's father had hired a diviner to find any members of his family and he found a wife for him, a noble lady. The tensions up north are rising so his father sent her down to bring him back to help strengthen the family. The same happened with Cambyl, a young woman came to bring him up north and fortify the family. There was a group of armed mercinaries escorting the pair down to collect their husbands, however the two women appears to often glare at each other. I think they are of seporate families." as she says this, she appears to be worried for them.

"Kressel I've not seen today, she wanted to go out hunting but has not returned yet." she states as Oleg appears with a smile.


"Sorry I didn't welcome ye. I was double checking the rot in the wall, but with all the trade we've been getting this place is as good as it will ever be." Oleg smiles to the group, clearly greatful after everything that has happened.

including the boost from Tomorrow, Oleg will be able to trade in 1051 gp, 2 sp, 9 cp


Kressel soon returns to the place with her handaxes covered in blood and on her shoulders the body of a Thylacine, a large marsupial carnivore that is local to the area.
"Welcome back everyone, I got something for skinning." she smirks as she looks over the corpse of this creature when she drops it on the nearest table she can find, one that Zorestar was currently sitting at. "This creature was cowardly and tried to run, but I cornered the critter and cut it down."


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn looks at the spilled blood landing on Zorestar's shirt and readies himself to hear the complaints.

That one really doesn't care for appearances.

Kressel, I believe you have already met Akiros, lieutenant for the late Stag Lord and instrumental in his defeat.

Turning to Akiros he says:

It was acting on information provided by Kressel here that we found the fort and managed to get inside it and reach you. If it weren't for her things could've happened really differently.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

To Oleg: Good to see you are doing well. Business appears to be very good.

So tell me, what made you decide to set up shop here on the wild frontier? It is a nice location, but not that close to the forest or the rivers. Would you consider moving if a town were established somewhere further south?

___________

To Svetlana: I am sorry to hear that. It was always fun to trade stories with those two over a few brews. Was there anything unusual about the women or the mercenaries? It seems quite strange that both their fathers would send mercenaries to gather them up at the same time.
___________

When Kressel returns: Mmmm, that looks good. I think my father may have brought one or two home when I was young. Don't recall exactly.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Gwen of the Greenbelt AKA DM wrote:
"Is that any way to speak to an old friend, Ganit? I thought the first thing you would do it come and see me."

"O! S-sorry Gwen. I should have known it was you," the ranger chokes as he hesitantly keeps the bottle on his lap. No use hiding it. She's seen you worst off than this a dozen times or more.

"I - uh - didn't know you and your old man were still around else I would have come for you as I got back," he lies, unwilling to look her in the eyes and he speaks.

Hurriedly he downs a few mouthfuls as Gwen and her father have their exchange.

Gwen of the Greenbelt AKA DM wrote:
"I want to know, Ganit. Why do you keep punishing yourself and compare yourself to that villain, The Stag Lord?"

Ganit sits contemplatively on the weathered wooden floor of the guard tower. This spot had been his own little safe haven whenever the group came back the outpost. It's close proximity to the buildings let him hear most of the activity but it remained far enough away to provide blissful seclusion. Even Kesten's most lack wit guards learned quickly to flee the west tower when they saw him climbing the stairs. Now he found himself uncomfortably surrounded and his sanctuary perverted by the presence of people he felt too ashamed to see.

"Ganit? Gwen chimes again, her voice like a starling.

"A mans gotta pay fer his sins," he snaps back in a gruff slur. "Words my father died by. He told me the longer a man goes unpunished, the greater that punishment becomes. The men... The women I've killed... I haven't repaid anything. I've only let others take that responsibility and it cost them their lives." He lifts the near empty bottle to his lips again and gives Gwen a hard stare. Why do I compare myself to The Stag Lord? Cuz we're the same, g*****mit! We're both selfish killers waiting for something to put us out of our misery. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to finish celebrating my victory."


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Why would she bring the whole animal instead of just the parts? Wouldn't that be lighter?

"Well done Kressel. Although I think you've ruined a good table along with Zorestar's appetite."


Carina Stigard wrote:

To Oleg: Good to see you are doing well. Business appears to be very good.

So tell me, what made you decide to set up shop here on the wild frontier? It is a nice location, but not that close to the forest or the rivers. Would you consider moving if a town were established somewhere further south?

"Well, we always wanted to live far from civilisation, but not so far as to lose it's benefits so once I found there was a charter to rebuild and fix up this old trading post I went for it." he says it simply, showing that he's quite happy in the position he's in. "We make enough to make ends meat, but since you have arrived merchants have become a little more interested in wanting to supply the heroes of the greenbelt with items, but we have a quite life until those blasted bandit attacked and stole what little I had." he fists tighten, but then he laughs as he looks at the nearby Stag Helm. "But they won't be a problem no more. All other bandits usually stay in the shadows or run at the first sign of Kesten's armour, but we have had some interesting looking customers, one was a young woman with a veil covering her eyes. Never removed it the entire time she was here, but I don't know why. You heroes attract strange people, you know that?" he asks half-jokingly.


Carina Stigard wrote:


To Svetlana: I am sorry to hear that. It was always fun to trade stories with those two over a few brews. Was there anything unusual about the women or the mercenaries? It seems quite strange that both their fathers would send mercenaries to gather them up at the same time.

"Not at all, the mercenaries were there to protect the women as they were "delicate noble flowers." she adds an air of sarcasm to the statement. "But honestly, that is why they were escorted. News up north has been getting stressed and we are so pleased to be away from all that drama."


Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

Bronwyn looks at the spilled blood landing on Zorestar's shirt and readies himself to hear the complaints.

That one really doesn't care for appearances.

Kressel, I believe you have already met Akiros, lieutenant for the late Stag Lord and instrumental in his defeat.

Turning to Akiros he says:

It was acting on information provided by Kressel here that we found the fort and managed to get inside it and reach you. If it weren't for her things could've happened really differently.

"Yes, it has been a while but now I understand why you grew tired of the bandit life. No matter what you do as a bandit, that pleasure never seems to remain for long." as she says this it's visable that Kressel has somewhat changed from when you first met her. Akiros seems to raise a eyebrow at this as he can clearly see the change too. "I have been thinking for a while, reliving in my mind the horrors I did as a bandit and then the feeling of dealing justice to the bandits who broke free. I feel like my life has more meaning to it."


The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:
Gwen of the Greenbelt AKA DM wrote:
"Is that any way to speak to an old friend, Ganit? I thought the first thing you would do it come and see me."

"O! S-sorry Gwen. I should have known it was you," the ranger chokes as he hesitantly keeps the bottle on his lap. No use hiding it. She's seen you worst off than this a dozen times or more.

"I - uh - didn't know you and your old man were still around else I would have come for you as I got back," he lies, unwilling to look her in the eyes and he speaks.

Hurriedly he downs a few mouthfuls as Gwen and her father have their exchange.

Beaufort gives up with his daughter just shaking his head.

"I'll leave you two alone." he says and then as he limps away but not before muttering. "Good luck, boy."

The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:
Gwen of the Greenbelt AKA DM wrote:
"I want to know, Ganit. Why do you keep punishing yourself and compare yourself to that villain, The Stag Lord?"

Ganit sits contemplatively on the weathered wooden floor of the guard tower. This spot had been his own little safe haven whenever the group came back the outpost. It's close proximity to the buildings let him hear most of the activity but it remained far enough away to provide blissful seclusion. Even Kesten's most lack wit guards learned quickly to flee the west tower when they saw him climbing the stairs. Now he found himself uncomfortably surrounded and his sanctuary perverted by the presence of people he felt too ashamed to see.

"Ganit? Gwen chimes again, her voice like a starling.

"A mans gotta pay fer his sins," he snaps back in a gruff slur. "Words my father died by. He told me the longer a man goes unpunished, the greater that punishment becomes. The men... The women I've killed... I haven't repaid anything. I've only let others take that responsibility and it cost them their lives." He lifts the near empty bottle to his lips again and gives Gwen a hard stare. Why do I compare myself to The Stag Lord? Cuz we're the same, g*****mit! We're both selfish killers waiting for something to put us out of our misery. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to finish celebrating...

Gwen seems stunned for a moment at what Ganit says before crossing her arms and giving that stern look she'd always give him and her father whenever they said something she didn't agree with.

"No soul is spotless, that's what I say and the best you can do is attone for it by doing the good you have been." she states flatly as she moves to stand directly infront of him and blocking his view of the seemingly quiet and calm stolen lands and with hands on hips. "You think you are the first and only man who has had to kill others for survival?! And no, I havn't been trying to investigate your past, it's all over your face. You wouldn't feel bad if you killed them for the pleasure of it and nor would you be sitting up here and drinking yourself senseless. Are you too ashamed to be with us, even though we have been there for you and acted as close as a family?!" she states quite accurately and tapping her foot.

She then smacks the bottle out of his hand and glares at him, stepping closer now.
"Happyness is not found at the bottom of a bottle and many dead men will tell you that for free!" she continues on, clearly annoyed with his drinking and suddenly tears appear to be welling up in her eyes. "If you were such a terrible man I would never have fallen in love with you!" she screams and lets that hang there, venting out all this emotion she must've kept pent up for so long.


Jameson Addercop IV wrote:

Why would she bring the whole animal instead of just the parts? Wouldn't that be lighter?

"Well done Kressel. Although I think you've ruined a good table along with Zorestar's appetite."

Kressle laughs at the statement and smiles.

"Well, if you ask me tables aren't meant to be beautiful things, only good enough to eat off." she shrugs, clearly showing that she has no deeper refinement and smiles to Carina's statement. "They have a similar body to wolves so there are some choice meats and the fur can be worth a little, depending on the buyer."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina nods at Kressel while watching Zorestar for a reaction. Hmmm, wolf huh. Can't say I have tried wolf yet. Well, lets see what it tastes like. Svetlana is a magician at making almost anything we bring back taste pretty good. Suppose I should try to learn a little about cooking at some point. Although I usually enjoy the hunt more than the preparation.

Carina pauses for a moment then turns to Bron. You ever have wolf in your home growing up? I am guessing that Zorestar's family probably did not have such delicacies very often.


Male Human Bard 4

Bron shrugs and responds quickly:

I almost didn't have a home growing up, heh. Much less wolf for dinner. But uh we should get the map we've been sketching and begin thinking where to stablish a good fortified camp. It would be easy enough to take the bandit's fort and reinforce it, clean it up good. If we get to hire stoneworkers we could easily reform it into the castle it oughtta be.


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Zorestar, delighted to be back at Oleg's, bathes and attemps to feel human again. He takes great delight in putting his courtier's clothes back on. Afterwards, he strolls the trading post as if he was going for a walk in the park.

At dinner, as the wolf is brought out, he comments, "It is true that I do not ever recall eating wolf before, but I am so hungry that I cannot complain. Although, I wonder if I could persuade the good Kessel, or some other kind soul to prepare a meal where we can feel like we are in civilization again. You know, a meal of honey glazed lake trout where the feast is presented at a candle lit table with napkins and tablecloths! There must be somebody here that would be delighted to prepare such a feast for a few gold!"

As Zorestar listens to the conversations, he takes great interest in the talk of a veiled woman. "Tell me, who is she? For what reason has she come this far into the Greenbelt? Could I be properly introduced?"


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn laughs and slaps Zorestar friendly on the back.

Tablecloths! Hah, that one was really good, Zorestar! And NAPKINS!


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Carina looks over at Bron as he cracks up, and then also almost spits out her ale:

That is a good one Zorestar, sounds like the start of a good joke:

Did you hear the one about the noble who requested a tablecloth and napkins at the wilderness outpost: He found himself nekkid with his robe on the table and his underwear around his neck.

___________
Responding to Bron's inquiry:
Well, there is still an area we have not searched, but it would be hard to beat the fort of the former Stag Lord. We could probably use the fort as a base to start the development, and once we get started, it would probably serve as a foundation for some future fortified structure, perhaps even a castle as the home base of the government of the Stolen Lands. Also, there is a waterway and I believe a nice lake which would help with future commerce, both from the north in Brevoy, as well potentially from the south and the Bandit Kingdoms.

Thinking of which, what is this land to be called? I do not think that we want to be called the Stolen Kingdom. Personally I was hoping for Carinatopia, but am open to other options.


M Human Druid 5

Don't mind me. Just plotting assassination.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13
Telias Markan wrote:
Don't mind me. Just plotting assassination.

Wrong campaign there Telias. Although a druid assassin would be really cool.


Male Human Bard 4

This land has been called many things, but it is mostly known as the Green Belt. We will be dealing with many locals in our civilization effort, it could help if we didn't charge in their land and give it a strange name. We got rolling fertile grasslands, lush forests and plenty of rivers, and many will fear that we would just reap those away. How about the barony of Greenwood or Greenland?

The knight shrugs, his mind straining with the creative proccess.


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:


As Zorestar listens to the conversations, he takes great interest in the talk of a veiled woman. "Tell me, who is she? For what reason has she come this far into the Greenbelt? Could I be properly introduced?"

Svetlana shrugs simply.

"I've not seen her before, but she claims to have lived in these lands all her life, which I believe as there are more and more hunters appearing out of these lands." she pauses for a moment in thought "There was something though, she kept a hood up and I swear I saw it move slightly, but it could just be the wind. She said she was heading back south and would like to see if you had killed the stag lord yet, but that was a few days ago."

I forgot, did you guys want to re-investigate the dead unicorn or not? Plus you wanted to see if you could talk with the Boggard I believe you said.


Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

This land has been called many things, but it is mostly known as the Green Belt. We will be dealing with many locals in our civilization effort, it could help if we didn't charge in their land and give it a strange name. We got rolling fertile grasslands, lush forests and plenty of rivers, and many will fear that we would just reap those away. How about the barony of Greenwood or Greenland?

The knight shrugs, his mind straining with the creative proccess.

Or Iceland, as that's the green one lol.

"If you settle and survive the harsh terrors that sweep across this land your city's name will go down in history." Kesten smiles to the group. "I'm sure many years from now, legends will be spoken of you all and this land, maybe bards in later years will add demons and evils across this land and make it seems like the worldwound, knowing how those bards spin these tales."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

I thought that Kesten had taken off north already.

I think that the plan is to talk with the Boggart - Telias has the spell I believe. Also, we should definitely run by the unicorn and map the last two squares. On the next run.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Carina Stigard wrote:

I thought that Kesten had taken off north already.

I think that the plan is to talk with the Boggart - Telias has the spell I believe. Also, we should definitely run by the unicorn and map the last two squares. On the next run.

not passed the day quite yet until I finish Ganit's little discussion :p


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Sorry for the wait. It's been a busy past couple days

Gwen/Nosey PC’s/space saver:

Gwen of the Greenbelt AKA DM wrote:
She then smacks the bottle out of his hand and glares at him, stepping closer now.

"WHAT THE HELL!?"

Gwen of the Greenbelt AKA DM wrote:
"If you were such a terrible man I would never have fallen in love with you!"

Dammit girl, not this again. I hoped you'd have grown out of it by now.

"You... You don't know what you want, kid. You don't know me half as well as you'd like and a hundred times more than I'd like," he tells her near apologetically. Breaking away from the sobbing girl, he reaches for the bottle only to find it emptied on the floor.

Go on. Tell her.

"Remember when we met?" he asks with a softness in his voice making it seem almost unrecognizable. "You and Beaufort found me battered and bloody, lying face down outside a burning cabin with whatever was left of my father roasting inside. I told you it was Jeffry Mordelle and his Marauders that came by and did what you saw; that part was true. I told you he did it for my sister; that was a lie, she just ended up his trophy," his eyes grow firm and his tone follows suit as he continues.

"He and his boys came because I left the gang. I spent years with them out boozing, whoring, stealing, fighting, killing; you'd be surprised by how talented a freebooter I was. So talented, Mordelle made me his right hand, his second in command, his enforcer. Guess that when I left he couldn't handle the insult and sent his scouts to chase me down. Course those boys were still green, killed three of 'em without a second thought. I guess were more though, these ones had the sense to keep their distance cause I was tracked all the way back to my family's cabin. I’ll spare you the details of what happened the following night; you already know how it ended.”

Ganit takes a step back and slights his head to see how this retelling of events is settling with Gwen. His voice low and remorseless, ”Do you think your father would have let me live if I had told him who I was and what I had done to put myself in that position? No. He’d have put me down like a sick dog and I’d have deserved it. And so I was given a second chance, built on a lie to those that saved my life and the blood of a man who I realized too late had given me everything I could need. And my sister...” He trails off momentarily but snaps back into focus almost instantly.

Good. Now scare her off.

”Now ask yourself one thing, can you really love a man whose killed more people than he could even remember? One of them could even have been your mother and neither of us would be the wiser. If you say ‘yes’ than you’re even more of a lost cause than I am.”


M Human Druid 5

Eventually Telias comes down comes down from his perch still broody and quiet.

Was loot ever divided? I don't think Telias laid a claim on anything.


Ganit+Nosey PCs only:

The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:


”Now ask yourself one thing, can you really love a man whose killed more people than he could even remember? One of them could even have been your mother and neither of us would be the wiser. If you say ‘yes’ than you’re even more of a lost cause than I am.”

Gwen seems strangely unshaken by this information.

"I knew, Ganit. We both did." she says simply as she draws out a dagger and looks at the reflection. "While you were recovering we investigated the area and gathered peices of information, soon enough peicing together what happened. I was the one who suggested we gut you right there and then, but my dad said not to. Everyone deserves a second chance at life and now I see you've been spending that time moaping and not realising the good you've done here." at this she hurled a knife down at his feet, sticking it into the ground.

"The first few weeks the tension between us was my dislike of you. I never would've wasted a second thought with that knife, but the old man said enough blood had been spilt. He even came back one day claiming he killed Jeffry Mordelle and then gave your sister a sack of gold peices to start a new life, but she cursed his name and sobbed by the dead body. She was too far gone and so he left her, seeing no need to shed anymore blood." as shs retells this she's looking over the grassland and then turns back to Ganit. "Over time I grew close to you and I thought you did for me. I caught you those times you looked towards me and pretended not to. Your past may not have been the best, but look at what you have done here."[b]

Gwen grabs Ganit roughly, turning him to face in the direction of the group and everyone else at Olegs, havings drinks and laughing, the closeness of Bronwyn and Carina and Zorestar being flubbergusted at the large meat being dropped on the table, hitting him with drops of blood ruining his clothing when Kressel had brought it in.
[b]"You don't see it, because you aren't looking but thanks to your effort this unlikely group has pulled together, brought bandits to justice and even given some a second change."
she says, pointing to Kressel and Akiros, the two talking a little, though Akiros seems more interested in his drink than conversing. "If they are allowed at happyness then shouldn't you? If you weren't here, do you think they would've survived? Any of them?" with that she spins him around to face her. "If you still think you're a lost cause, then I'm a lost cause too." she states before kissing Ganit full on the lips.

can continue the rp, but just going to move stuff tomorrow for the rest of the group so they can do something too :)


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Kesten sets out in the morning with a couple of the guards and heads out with Falgrim Sneeg, bound and guarded closely.

A merchant arrives, trading with oleg and adding to his stock, however this merchant doesn't appear to be be very well equipped for goods, though he seems to make a modest living out of collecting furs to take up north and use in clothing.

3,201 to 3,250 of 4,392 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.