Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


2,551 to 2,600 of 4,392 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson is quiet during these conversations. He will not intrude on Ganit and Carina's talk of nobles and savagery does make him pause, but he stops himself short of saying something.

"Telias, will you help me? I've no knowledge of nature and I wish to pay respect to Tuskgutter. For all of the bravado this was a great beast, and it deserves to be honored. We may die facing this Stag Lord and I would not leave Tuskgutter as mere bacon in our wake."


M Human Druid 5

Telias looks at Jaemson with a queer look. "Ain't much to honorin an animal. They don't go in fer dat kind of thing. Ya killed 'em. He's dead. Ya eat 'em. Ain't complicated." Noticing the rising disappointment in the half orcs face Telias shrugs. "Dunno watcha expect. Lived its life eating whatever crossed its path, sexin whatever looked good and crapping wherever it felt. Ain't no spirit 'er energy 'er magic ta an animal. They jes is. Yekin feel bad about it but in the end he would have gutted you and ate yer horse without sparin a though towards spect'. Now iffin ye want ta talk about 'spect an honor the fair folk is whatcha need ta be thinking about. Killin and eatin a pig will jes getcha indigestion. Killin a fair folk? Bad business."


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson does indeed look disappointed to hear this.

"I suppose Telias, it just seems such a shame that a creature feared for it's power should be reduced to no more than salted ham. Perhaps something could be done with the tusks?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Gwen of the Greenbelt AKA DM wrote:

that could be it, but you try and find another red-headed elf woman :)

"Why did you join this group, Ganit? It seems out of place for you to work for the swordlords."

"I have some old debts in need of repaying," Ganit replies coldly as he releases her. "If I survive the fort maybe I'll tell you about it though it may cost you your weight in gold in whiskey to coax it out of me," he laments and turns his back to Gwen; making for the door and peering outside with growing impatience. "C'mon, you gotta pull yourself together; they're probably wondering whats taking us so long."


M Human Druid 5
Jameson Addercop IV wrote:

Jameson does indeed look disappointed to hear this.

"I suppose Telias, it just seems such a shame that a creature feared for it's power should be reduced to no more than salted ham. Perhaps something could be done with the tusks?"

"That's up to you. Ain't no protocol fer it. Iffin ye want ta make a necklace decrate yer shield er whatever. If it feels right then it mus be. Not like he''s gonna hop outta me belly and rip ya up fer doin it wrong. Well he might smell quite badly and attract flies but that's jsut the digestive business."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Ok all, lets get that bow and then go and kill some bandits. We leave early in the morning. Lets head straight south, check out the one remaining unmapped hex and then head south to where we are pretty sure old Staggy has his fort.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"Thank you for your advice Telias."

Jameson will take the tusks off the boar and ask for Oleg to hang on to them for him until he has a plan for dealing with them.

"Very well Carina, we should all get some sleep tonight then."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Overhearing Jameson's conversation with Oleg, Ganit interjects. "Unfortunately those tusks aren't yours to give away. You forget the terms of the bounty? They belong to Beaufort now; at least after he pays us our finder's fee. I'm sure he'd let you make a belt from the skin."


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

"You are right Ganit, I did forget. Perhaps I can have a saddle made from the hide."


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:
Svetlana wrote:
"I'm not sure what's worse. The politics and greed up north or the savagry and monsters to the south."

"It is certainly a Sjaak game when you play the politics game with the nobles, but at least they are well dressed and you don't need to sleep on the ground when dealing with them. When battling savage monster you always have to worry about getting blood, slime, or mud all over your clothes!"

Gwen wrote:
"Kill the stag lord, he's made life here for all us hunters difficult and I bet even the fey don't like them."
"What do you know about this stag lord, mam? Is this evil bandit actually human or is it some kind of savage monster?"

Gwen is a little shocked you seem to have came around the corner to surprise her and Ganit. She shakes her head, clearly having no idea.

"I have not met the man, if he is a man. Some claim he is some kind of fey with a human body, but the head of an Elk. Some of the most scared claim he's the embodyment of Erastil, but if that were true why act as a bandit and hunt down the helpless? This is the polar opposite of who he is meant to be." she gives a sigh as she recalls the other theories. "The most common idea is that he is human, but one who is incredibly skilled with the bow as he has killed some with a single hit."


You hear a call then for dinner as Beaufort has, with the help of Svetlana, served up head-cheese of Tuskgutter and used other parts for bacon, ham and even jerky, though there is plenty left for them to sell to passing traders of customers.

The head of Tuskgutter is left to the side, ready to be used for taxidermy.
"The people of this land will know your great deeds. Not only in the death of the Tatzlewyrms but of Tuskgutter too." he smiles and then produces his old bow for Ganit along with the nine promised arrows. "Use it well, warriors of the greenbelt, or sell it I don't care which. As long as it helps you in some way I will be glad. Ridding the bandits from this land will be your greatest victory here, I am sure." he gives a smile as he seems to measure you all up with his eyes. "Lesson I learnt, the fey here I have met like to keep their forest and only tolerate outsiders. Don't give them a reason to turn against you or your public."

unlike what someone said on OOC, the bow is not magical. It is a composite bow with a +2 strength rating. The arrows however are magical and have +1 enhancement, but +3 if fired at an animal as well as another 2d6 from the bane quality.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Is the bow masterwork, or just a +2 composite bow?

Carina raises her mug: To another successful outing. Tomorrow we head south and finally rid this land of its nemesis. The bandits shall fall and then this land will be ruled fairly and justly. Good will prosper and evil shall be forever banished.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Yes, it is masterworked too so it has the potential to be enchanted.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn toasts alongside the sorceress.

"Well said, Carina, well said."

He whispers through a sly smile:

"Looks like I'm not the only one with a gift for words."


Male Human Bard 4

"Beufort, Gwen, Svetlana, Oleg. We thank you all for your companionship and hospitality, specially because tomorrow we ride for what should be the greatest of our battles, the last of our tests. We have seen the influence of this Stag Lord in the eyes of everyone we have met and we hope to be able to shine a light on this shadow and let you all sleep in peace once more."

"To my companions and the honest folk fighting the good fight alongside us, I thank you for your trust and friendship, and hope to repay it in kind. Let this toast be the first to celebrate the Great Stag Hunt! For he is our prey and we will not return empty-handed! We have the greatest hunters on the Greenbelt by our side and we will not fail! Tomorrow we ride! Tomorrow we HUNT!"


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Gwen wrote:
Gwen is a little shocked you seem to have came around the corner to surprise her and Ganit. She shakes her head, clearly having no idea.

"I am most sorry to startle you as I did. I certainly did not mean to intrude. I was just thinking about this Stag Lord and wondering if you had any insight into the fiend."

Gwen wrote:
"I have not met the man, if he is a man. Some claim he is some kind of fey with a human body, but the head of an Elk. Some of the most scared claim he's the embodyment of Erastil, but if that were true why act as a bandit and hunt down the helpless? This is the polar opposite of who he is meant to be."

"Very interesting. Indeed. Very interesting. Thank you, Gwen of the Greenbelt. I will bother you no longer. Please go back to whatever you were saying to Ganit. I will catch up with you later."

Zorestar excuses himself and walks back around the camp only to return in time for Carina's toast.

Carina wrote:
Carina raises her mug: "To another successful outing. Tomorrow we head south and finally rid this land of its nemesis. The bandits shall fall and then this land will be ruled fairly and justly. Good will prosper and evil shall be forever banished."

"I will second that! To rid this land of its nemesis! Hear hear!"

Zorestar looks around, eager to join the toast, but is unable to locate a suitable drinking cup. Instead he holds up his hand as if he was holding an invisible glass.

Why am I always lacking the proper cup I need whenever toasts are being made at camp? Perhaps they won't notice that I am actually not holding a true drinking apparatus. Never mind. Just smile and enjoy the moment!

"To the prosperity of good and the banishment of evil! Cheers!"


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Jameson will nod at the toast and raise his glass, though he does not partake, as is his custom.


M Human Druid 5

Telias drinks but merely grumbles about talkin too much. Oddly enough despite Telias's drinking it's his bird that gets flat out drunk. And spends the night trying to drunkenly nest with the raven.


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Once the celebrating and pork is finished, Carina calls it a night. Early day tomorrow to be riding across the plains for one last time hopefully.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Once you all settle you head out into the greenebelt towards the Stag Lord for what many of you believe to be victory, yet they have no idea what foes they face nor who is watching them from afar. These lands have been settled many times before, but those settlers were driven off, yet this group of mercenaries, known as the heroes of the greenbelt believe that they will succeed where others have failed.

forgot to mention, if Ganit has the cash his mithral chain shirt is available at Oleg's. He also had 901 gp, 2 sp, 9 cp worth of goods to trade with. Also I'm assuming the most direct route, not going through the forest.

DM:

5% chance
1d100 ⇒ 19
1d100 ⇒ 21
1d100 ⇒ 83
1d100 ⇒ 3

Encounter: hills
1d100 ⇒ 25 Elk

1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The adventures pass the area where the giant trapdoor spider lived, then enter the hilly areas where a gold mine was concealed, past the old Sycamore tree where the Mites once lived and from the look of the area that have no returned as Kobolds patrol through the area, giving your group no notice, though a few give a nod here and there.

The group arrives at the Rivercrossing and now all feel exhausted as it is now 11pm, but to greet them is the sight of four Elk drinking at the river side. They appear to have not noticed you or this could be a sign to those faithful to Old Deadeye that you will all be successful in your battle tomorrow.

Oh I just remembered. You all forgot about the fangberries for Bokken :p


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Lets go to Bokken and give him the fangberries. What potions does he have? I am guessing that having the berries in our pockets for another week might not be the best idea.

We have the wand, but I was thinking:
2 potions of Shield; and
2 potions of Bull's Strength
One each for Bron and James. This will get both's strength way up for one minute in the fight with Staggy. I can cast Enlarge Person, so we do not need that. I would not mind a Mage Armor potion, but I think that Zorestar has a wand that will accomplish that as well. With the Shield Spell, James can use his longsword 2 handed which together with the strength bonus from being enlarged and Bull's Strength should give him a 23 Strength for +6 attack and +9 damage.
.
Also, a few potions of CLW would not be bad to supplement the Wand if Telias is not right next to the injured person.

EDIT - I added a lot after Tark posted. He was neither agreeing nor disagreeing with everything I think we should consider.


Male Orc Expert 5

Agreed. I say depending on what we need a couple of cure potions for the bait would be good.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

I've still got 400g to go on the armor so Ganit will have to wait until after the fort to pick it up. Him or the next PC I roll up if things don't go too well... Alex... *shakes fist at the sky*

Ganit accepts the bow and gives tests the chord with a few pulls to get a feel for it's weight. Nodding in approval he looks to the elf and asks, "Your bow got a name?"

He raises his glass to the various toasts and cheers but drinks slowly and devoid of the excitement the majority of the team is showing. Although he retired to bed earlier than most, Ganit doesn't fall asleep until well after midnight and the dreams he manages to muster for his short night's rest are rife of anxiety and morbid symbolism; he wakes early to spare himself the stress.

After trading in the bandit Happs' bow for a neat purse he saddles Felicity and prepares for a trip to the alchemist's hut.

"Gwen. Beaufort. You two keep each other safe. Family is the only thing the two of you should be concerning yourselves with right now. When I get back we can finish up any business you've got left to deal with around here."

If I come back at all, he thinks to himself but doesn't bother to say it. With that he blows a sharp whistle to his horse and sets off with the others on to tempt both theirs and the fate of the Stolen Lands.

Everybody gets 50g. Just enough for each of us to buy a potion of CLW. Yay!


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Ganit - take the armor, I can loan you the money for now. We will need all the offense and defense we can get in this fight. I should add that Ganit should also get at least 1 shield potion. A +4 to AC is nice while firing a bow.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
Carina Stigard wrote:
Ganit - take the armor, I can loan you the money for now. We will need all the offense and defense we can get in this fight. I should add that Ganit should also get at least 1 shield potion. A +4 to AC is nice while firing a bow.

Fair enough. I appreciate it, that +1 to AC could be the difference between life and death.


Male Human Bard 4

Am I right to assume we're riding the cart with attached horses and fake cargo?


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

We should probably discuss this a little more. If there are some of the barrels of alcohol from the bandit camp, we should take 1-2 and having a few boxes, empty or otherwise, would be good. If we can simply ride right into the fort, that would make dealing with the undead outside much easier. It would also put a serious crimp in their archery defenses.

If Telias can memorize Bull's Strength, that would greatly save on the cost of potions as they are 300 each, or 225 if we are getting a 25% discount. I would rather save the money for good equip if we can.


I assumed you were riding the Cart with you with all the stuff as Kressel mentioned that The Stag Lord is expecting the bandits to arrive with tribute sometime. I'll allow you to stop at Bokkens, but you'l instead by in the sycamore tree hex otherwise you'd be at the river at 3am with no rest or anything.

You notice the hermit entering his shack in the middle of nowhere just then, gathering some items and pretending he doesn't see you as he goes inside and you can smell the strong scent of something burning.


Male Half-Orc Cavalier (Gendarme)/5

Would it be out of the ordinary to have James ride while the others rode? It's been a while since the plan but I guess I assumed I would still be mounted.

Jameson will spur Donal forward as the scent of burning reaches him.

"Hail Bokken, is everything alright?"


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Riding up: Morning Mr. Bokken. I do not think that we have met, although you have met some of my companions. I am Carina and it is a pleasure to finally meet you. . . . I understand that you have taken a liking to Fangberries.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

EDIT - James, I assume that we are all riding. When we get close to the Stag Lord, then we can decide if others will ride at the end. Perhaps dress me and Zorestar up like merchant/prisoners.


Bokken emerges then and nods eagerly.
"You got me the Fangberries young lady?" he asks, rubbing his hands in nervous excitement. "I have made a variety of potions, you have all taken your time with those fangberries, I was afraid you were eaten by a troll."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Nope, no trolls, but from the stories we have heard I assume we will meet one before long. So far everything that has tried to eat one of us has ended up with a stomach ache - mostly because its stomach was no longer attached to it.

Do we have Fangberries? What a silly question, of course we have them. Had to take great care as there were swarms of spiders in the Fangberry patch, but we scared off the spiders and got you your berries.

I hold up some of the berries we gathered.


Male Human Bard 4

Bronwyn quickly dismounts and walks up to the hermit, patting him on the back.

"Hiya there Bokken! D'ya have some of that delicious soup this time around?"


Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

Bronwyn quickly dismounts and walks up to the hermit, patting him on the back.

"Hiya there Bokken! D'ya have some of that delicious soup this time around?"

"Soup? I don't make soup, boy. I make potions." he grits his teeth and steps away before nabbing the berries of Carina. "I came out here to be alone. All people do is cause trouble." he sighs as he looks over the berries and inspects them. "They appear to be nice and clean..."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

"Greetings, Mr. Bokken. I am Zorestar Lebada at your service and I am happy to inform you that I personally picked many of these fangberries for your use. So tell me, what sorts of potions do you use these berries for?"


M Human Druid 5

I can think of better uses of a 2nd level spell slot then bulls strength.


M Human Druid 5

"Bokken! You crazy tree dweller! It's been what? Ten? Twelve years? How's the hermitting?"


Telias Markan wrote:
"Bokken! You crazy tree dweller! It's been what? Ten? Twelve years? How's the hermitting?"

"Better, I have no reason to say no to coin when it comes my way for potions." he explains and gives a smile. "How far south have you all travelled? I've heard it gets dangerous the further south you go and there are more hermits too."


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)

Oh great! Another Hermit! They all seem to have social difficulties. Well, let's hope this one is a little more pleasant than Telias!

Bokken wrote:
"I've heard it gets dangerous the further south you go and there are more hermits too."

"Do you that is purely coincidence or do you consider hermits to be a dangerous bunch?"


Zorestar Lebeda wrote:

Oh great! Another Hermit! They all seem to have social difficulties. Well, let's hope this one is a little more pleasant than Telias!

Bokken wrote:
"I've heard it gets dangerous the further south you go and there are more hermits too."
"Do you that is purely coincidence or do you consider hermits to be a dangerous bunch?"

His expression turns dark then as he turns to Zorestar.

"There is only one I know who is dangerous. My brother and last I time I saw him he did this!" he proclaims as he lifts up his right hand, revealing that he has a missing pinky finger. "He did that to me when I tried to stop him attacking my mother, Desna rest her soul. He travelled into the deep south, but I've not seen him in years. I...don't even remember his name." he just shrugs then after a moment of being lost in thought. "Age I suppose. Older you get the more tricks are played on you."


M Human Druid 5

"Bokken fer all ye know ye bit yer finger off in yer sleep after eating some funny tasting flowers."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

While we are discussing consuming ones own fingers. Does anyone else have any thoughts on potions they wish to buy. I do not mind contributing to some buffing potions for the fight against the Stag Lord, Bull's Strength, etc, if everyone else is.

Or, your finger might just be lost in Telias' beard. God only know what may be hidden in there.


Telias Markan wrote:
"Bokken fer all ye know ye bit yer finger off in yer sleep after eating some funny tasting flowers."

"You don't forget the time you lose your finger Telias. I havn't gone that senile yet." as he says this he seems lost in thought and looking back to his shack as he hears a vial or two bubbling over.


Male Human Bard 4

"Well good man, these are the berries you were looking for. What can we trade them for?"


Male Human Bard 4

"He seems like a real bastard. If we happen to find your brother down south, do you want us to send him a message?"


Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:
"He seems like a real bastard. If we happen to find your brother down south, do you want us to send him a message?"

"I will shed no years on what might happen if you were to run into him." he says quite simply as he clearly doesn't have any love for his brother. "I will let you all have a discount on my potions, for a month. I couldn't have done this without you."


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Discounts are always good. What types of potions can you craft good sir?


Male Human Wizard 4 (hp: 33/33 AC: 13, FF: 12, T:12)
Bokken wrote:
"There is only one I know who is dangerous. My brother and last I time I saw him he did this!"

Zorestar stares in wonder at the man's missing finger.

Holy Nethys! This man is one tough character!"

"What was the name of this hermit who did this to you? Do you think he formed an alliance or friendship with this reputed stag lord?"

Even worse, I wonder if that hermit became the Stag Lord!


Female Changling(Hulking) Sorcerer - Orc Bloodline/5 - HP: 12/28; AC16,T14,FF13

Zorestar - he said it was his brother, and that he does not even remember the brother's name. I am guessing to was Telias, but I could be wrong.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Having circled back in search of any bandit scouts who could potentially warn the Stag Lord of their intended arrival, Ganit is the last to make it to Bokken's hut. "So you're going to give us a discount on your wares right? Are you going to throw in anything else for the troubles we faced getting your berries or the hardships we're about to encounter at the bandit's stronghold?"

2,551 to 2,600 of 4,392 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.