Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


201 to 250 of 4,392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

Will Save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Sorry bout double post, thought performance was only directed at lukan and ganit then realized would affect all of us. so there you go Elven immunities at work


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

CINEMATICS
"And I told you you're no better than the scum who owned him!" Ganit screams into the soldier's face as he drags them both to the ground. His grip made easy by the sectioned peices of Lukan's armor, though the advantage is short lived as the brut forcefully pulls his fingers from thier holding. His opponent is just as strong willed and stubborn as he is, his skill in combat alone is enough to warrant that.
Though the words of the others are seemingly lost in the clatter of armor and smacking of fists to flesh, Bronwyn's logical statements reinforcing Tholamin's justified speach gave him enough of an excuse to ease off. All the same he knew this scuffle with Lukan wasn't going anywhere.

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

As Bronwyn continues his speach, Ganit allowes Lukan to stand up, Go on. Get up. It's over, we both know it. He takes Bronwyn's hand as a sign of mutual respect rather than an actual need of help to his feet. The boy suffered a lot today, it would be selfish to overlook that.

Bronwyn: "...for most of us don't have much of them." Watching as Lukan confidently wipes the dust from his bulky armor, "Heh, you can say that again kid." After taking a minute to collect himself, he quickly notices the horrified faces of all those he had only recently made aquiantence. Any respect at all he had mustered from today's battle was draining as quickly as the still warm blood of the man he had been protecting. Steadying himself, Ganit again looks to Lukan, "Don't think for a second I'm helping you bury this body. He's your responsibility now." With that, he turns around and makes his way back to the dining hall, I still have half a bowl of soup to finish.


Oleg shakes his head at the fighting, but doesn't say a word as he does not wish to re-ignite a debate.
"So...as I was saying. What are your plans tomorrow? Wooded areas are south west of here, but grasslands are to the east and south-east. There are also some grassland to the west too." he gives a suggestion, hoping that'll give the group a good idea of where they might want to go. "Now that I've finished my meal I need to fix a patch job on the building so none of you wake up with rain water landing in your face." Oleg leaves, but not before giving Svetlana a kiss on the cheek and then heading outside where you can hear the hammering of him working on the roof again.

Svetlana smiles to the group once Oleg has gone and then puts her bowl down.
"Be careful when you enter these lands. I've heard stories of large beasts and the notices on the board there support my fear for your safety." she points to the board before finishing her meal and leaving for the rest of you to continue your meal.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Knowing now that not a single person in this group of soft adventurers shares his sense of honor and duty, he refuses the 'knight's' hand and lifts himself from the ground. His duty is done. The bandits have been punished. He returns his sword to its sheath and grabs the bandit's feet. He drags the bandit's lifeless corpse from the fort.

There will be more glory and honor in this task then I once previously thought. I will show my resolve, and bring swift justice to these lands. For I am from the blood of kings.

He drags the bandit's body far from the fort. Bending down, over the bandit, he looks into the man's lifeless eyes. "You had a choice long ago to turn from this path. Perhaps you will learn of courage and honor in the afterlife."

He turns and leaves the body for the wolves, heading back towards the fort. What lies that summoner spoke about losing everything to these men. I must watch him more closely - no man with honor would have allowed any of these men live if they stole everything from him. Out here there is no prison, no lash, no punishment other than the sword. They will need to learn this quickly if they are to survive.


Male Human Bard 4

Bron walks to the dining room, accepting a hand if anyone offers it (the pain in his jawbone spikes quite hard if he takes a wrong step, and the wound is threatening to open again if he makes any sudden move).

"I think I'll need a couple of days to recuperate from this ordeal, but when we're ready we should explore the perimeter and maybe try to find the camp where this Kressel lady is."

When Svetlana talks:

"My dear lady, you are truly a sight for sore eyes. I do not believe we have been introduced. Sir Bronwyn Raslov, pleasure in meeting you." In saying that, he offers an elaborate bow, kissing her hand.

Let me remind everyone that while Bron's 'status' may be known by all by now, he is a tremendously good liar, and even if he did make a few mistakes here and there, he more than makes up for them with his speeches and posture.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Zayne sighs up at Drakor who gives him a shrug then the two turn their attention to the board Svetlana had mentioned earlier. Drakor, being unable to read, merely stands guard over Zayne as he inspects the messages written on the board in front of him.

Zayne sighs after reading the last message and looks back up at Drakor. "I fear that we may have made some enemies among those we must rely on as companions. Honestly I did not think people could be so heartless...Guess I was wrong again huh..."

Drakor's eyes soften just a bit and he pats his master's head softly. "Not Master's fault, tried to stop Human infighting. Not see what they so angry about, just dead human."

Zayne sighs again and turns away to go back inside and find his corner seat again, his appetite put off by the day's events. "Yeah...dead human..." he sits down with his back to everyone else with Drakor standing protectively nearby in his usual corner.


As the rest finally gather inside, "So, did all of you figure out who the biggest man is... or do I have to drop my pants and prove you all wrong?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"Come on now, we almost died today. We need some good drinks and a good nights rest. I should be able to put us right in the morning after I get some sleep. Although, I'll need a a couple in me before that will be easy to accomplish."


Male Human Bard 4

"Agreed, my friend. Not about the size issue, though I'll remind you we're in the presence of a lady." Although he speaks with his "knightly" voice, he smiles and looks at Cambyl as an accomplice. "I'll need something to make this pain bearable." Saying that, he drinks a healthy gulp of any strong drink available.

As he cleans the wound (preferably with someone's help), most can see the sword notched his jawbone and got a deep gash in the left side of his face, near the neck. The result will probably be a scar running from his jawbone to his cheekbone.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

While the group finishes their meals, Lukan returns from disposing of the corpse. He gathers his things from the guest quarters and retires to the stables. There he finds a soft pile of hay to lay in and he begins eating his rations. He looks around wondering, What was Sir Raslov about to tell me before the battle began? As he finishes his rations he mutters under his breath:

"That son of a b+#!@ Ganit. I swear if he continues to insult.." his head drops down to his chest. A tear streams down his face. "If only I was stronger. I could have saved them..."

Lukan rests for awhile in the barn before he emerges without any of his equipment on. Dressed in commoner's attire, he heads up to Oleg on the roof.

"Looks like you could use some help."

Lukan takes up a hammer and begins helping Oleg make repairs on the roof.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

As Ganit shovels the food into his mouth he finally begins to calm down. The enlightened words and jest of his teammates helps to sooth his spirits. Taking note of the bulletin board in the far corner of the dining hall he decides not to jump into it until after he's bathed and slept. He had managed to keep the gore off his cuirass for the better part of the battle, that is until the reptilian monster tore that man's head from his shoulders.

Tired now he stands and walks past the others, leaving them to their antics. Retreating to the stable he finds some water with which to wash himself and his armor. When he finishes he takes some time to comfort and feed Felicity, no doubt the grey mare needed some solace after the displays of testosterone and strife she had witnessed more than once in the day.

When he arrives in the guesthouse he is greeted by the unwelcoming elf Tholamin. The two exchange glances, "Don't even start with me right now, anything you have to say to me can wait until morning." He makes towards the rucksack he had hidden beneath his bed the previous evening and removes from it the Silver weapon blanch he had purchased from a traveling salesman before he took up this charter. He delicately sprinkled a small amount of the alchemical powder over the barbs of a single arrow and placed placed it over the fire pit between the buildings. He continues his practice until all of the powder is gone and his is left with 10 modified pieces of ammunition. "Fairy tales. If that swine Swane knew a ***dam* thing about the places we'll be visiting soon, he'd have prepared for them too" he thinks to himself as he tosses the empty bag into the fire. Afterwards he returns to his bed and forces himself to sleep. Tomorrow will be a new adventure.

EDIT: Removed weapon blanch, silver from my equipment and added 10 blanched arrows to my weapons list (pg: 185, APG). I also subtracted a piece of gold for 20 more arrows off of the bandits. He's pretty far in debt as is, what's 1 more gp?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Zayne Dragoneye Atchin wrote:

Zayne sighs up at Drakor who gives him a shrug then the two turn their attention to the board Svetlana had mentioned earlier. Drakor, being unable to read, merely stands guard over Zayne as he inspects the messages written on the board in front of him.

Zayne sighs after reading the last message and looks back up at Drakor. "I fear that we may have made some enemies among those we must rely on as companions. Honestly I did not think people could be so heartless...Guess I was wrong again huh..."

Drakor's eyes soften just a bit and he pats his master's head softly. "Not Master's fault, tried to stop Human infighting. Not see what they so angry about, just dead human."

Zayne sighs again and turns away to go back inside and find his corner seat again, his appetite put off by the day's events. "Yeah...dead human..." he sits down with his back to everyone else with Drakor standing protectively nearby in his usual corner.

Board Notices:

Kobolds in the Hills
Poster

A Clan of Kobolds who call themselves the "sootscales" clan dwell somewhere here in the Kamelands. Normally they cause no problem, but something has riled them up. The swordlords are willing to pay 1200 gp for anyone who finds their cave and makes sure they are no longer a threat.

Wanted: Tatzlwyrm
Poster

Many people claim these things to be common in the Stolen Lands, but they are actually rarely sighted. A head of one of these beasts would make a nice conversation peice for hunters or traders passing through. I am willing to pay 900 gp for a relatively undamaged head.

Wanted: Tuskgutter
Poster

Everyone has told tales of this great beast known as Tuskgutter with sories going silder and wilder. A retired hunter named Vekkel Benzen, who lost his legto this beast is offering up his composite longbow (+2) and 9 +1 animal bane arrows to whoever can kill this beast and bring back it's head which the ex-hunter has promised to share head cheese he plans to make from the trophy.

Tatzlwyrm: Knowledge Aracana DC 12:

The Tatzlwyrm is considered a a more primeval version of full dragons in evolution terms as they branched off a family tree and remained unchanged for a millenia.

They have no wings, but instead are very quick and can pounce on people and rake with their claws. They can breath a poisonous breath onto it's prey when grabbing them and wrapping around them.

They show intelligence by being able to leave traps out in the open in the form of a dead rabit or fresh fruit outside it's den, waiting for a animal to come close enough because it strikes.

They have shown immunity to both poison and sleep.


Cambyl helps's Bron with his wound. Since I used all my spells as an oracle for today, I'm going to say new Cleric abilities will be available in the morning. "I'm sure the lady wouldn't mind too much... Yeah, that's probably going to be an impressive scar... The kind that all the ladies get excited about."


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan works dilligently with Oleg to repair the roof. He doesn't say all that much, but every so often he speaks up.

"I want to thank you for your hospitality. And I apologize for the brutality earlier. These men must be made aware the consequences of their actions, else they will continue to ravage these lands."

A few minutes pass, each man hammering away at their own seperate pace, before Lukan speaks again,

"So, Oleg, if you were to explore the Greenbelt where would you go first?"

"And is there anything we should be aware of?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Assuming everybody went to bed, otherwise treat this as the following morning.

Like most mornings, Ganit wakes up in cold sweat; having been shaken from slumber by vivid dreams (or memories, even now it's difficult to distinguish the two). Sitting from th edge of the bed he brushes his long loose hair out from his eyes and face with his hands and proceeds to wrap a thin string of leather around the bulk of it. He quickly straps his boots on and pulls his jacket over his shoulders and, making sure not to wake the rest in the bunker, exits the building in a hurried fashion.

He rummages through the Leveton's cupboards looking for some tea leaves or coffee grounds. After succeeding in his search he returns to the dying fire pit to brew a single cup.

He narrowly manages to climb the ladder leading up to the guard towers without spilling the majority of his drink. Warm liquid flowing down his gullet offset the damp coolness of the morning air in the most enjoyable way. Leaning on the seige engine he watches the eastern horizon for the sunrise.

I'd be content to traverse any part of these lands. They didn't charter me to lead these people, thank god, just to point them in the right direction. I can't unite them, only protect them. With that last thought he scoffs at himself. Who do you think you're kidding?

Ganit continues to patiently wait for the rest of the party to come to. When they decide where to head off he will hold nothing back in order to provide every resource he has available.


Lukan Swane "Swaney" wrote:

Lukan works dilligently with Oleg to repair the roof. He doesn't say all that much, but every so often he speaks up.

"I want to thank you for your hospitality. And I apologize for the brutality earlier. These men must be made aware the consequences of their actions, else they will continue to ravage these lands."

A few minutes pass, each man hammering away at their own seperate pace, before Lukan speaks again,

"So, Oleg, if you were to explore the Greenbelt where would you go first?"

"And is there anything we should be aware of?"

Oleg smiles as he works with Lukan.

"Glad you can help and there's no need to thank me. You all helped free me and Svetlana of those Bandits." he smiled towards him and continues to hammer, whiping sweat from his brow from the hard work whilst he was asked this question. "Not sure. If you were to find Bokken you might be able to get some potions from him, but he is a little...odd." he trails off finishing his last tile off. "Svetlana doesn't see it as that big off a loss, but I will do anything to get her ring back. If you and your groupd manage to find her ring I'll give you 1500 gold coins for it."


Male Human Bard 4

Sir Bronwyn struggles when trying to sleep, for the wound is fresh and due to it he can't find a comfortable position. When he does manage to sleep, though, he passes out tired. He'll stay soundly asleep and will wake late.


With his drinking partner headed to bed, Cambyl will follow shortly, with the plan to wake early and pray to prepare spells.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Zayne wakes up a few hours after dawn and stretches then quietly goes outside and prepares the summoning circle by the stables to re-summon Drakor, hopefully at his full strength once again.

His brand flashes bright as the circle begins to thrum with power and then a wave of heat and ash erupt from the runes on teh ground before Drakor's familiar and monstrous precense resumes its place in the Material World.

The Eidolon shakes himself and then waits for Zayne to rise slowly back up to his feet.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan wipes the sweat from his brow. The afternoon sun has turned his skin pink with its heat, and as the last remaining tiles of the roof come together he relinquishes a smile to Oleg, "It was a pleasure to help. He pushes himself up, off of his knee and hands gathers the rest of the tools from Oleg. "I promise I will find her ring and return it to you. Stay here with your wife, finish your work on this fort, and be at ease."

Climbing down the ladder his smile fades as the task ahead begins to fill his mind. Its best if I keep to myself for tonight. Cool heads are needed for tomorrow. Lukan retreats to the stable for the night.

The first rays of sunlight dance across the stable, prying the soldier's eyes open. The hard work the day before brought him a peaceful rest, free of the nightmares he faces other nights. Reaching towards the ceiling. his arms stretch out making their way down to his sides as he yawns. Picking himself from the stable floor, he dons the thick layered padding that his armor rests upon. Piece by piece he slides the scale mail on to his body, tying the leather straps around his body and limbs. He pulls his scabbard from next to his make-shift bed and cinches it's belt around his waste. Lifting his shield from the wall in which it leaned, he slides it on to his arm and griping the handle at the end.

He kneels before he leaves the barn and bows his head in reverence -
Erastil, thank you for this blessed morning and watch over me this day. Please, provide Oleg and his wife the bounty in which they deserve.

The barn doors swing open as Lukan emerges, clad in full battle attire. He makes a sharp turn to the right, heading out of the gates - then a quick left towards the field to the east. It is there he draws his sword and begins cutting the air in front of him. Each strike driven at an imaginary foe. His shield crashes down upon the foe just as his sword finishes its cleave. There are no sounds save the dirt beneath his feet. His boots push against rock and sand as they move to a methodical cadence of battle.

I will be traveling tomorrow so I may not be able to post. Lukan will more than likely keep quiet and focus on the task at hand, save any insult from Ganit, then history will repeat itself =P


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Assuming you all go to bed and get up in the morning.

Svetlana and Oleg are up early with Oleg repairing one of the walls to the builds, but first just gathering tools as he waits for you all to get up first before starting to hammer away.

Svetlana has everything prepared for you all and looks over the group.
"I wish you all the luck today." she smiles and then looks over at her pantry, biting her lip for a moment before turning back to the group. " I have a favour to ask. If any of you can find me some moon radishes to help replenish our stocks I'll gladly pay 375 gold for them."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit had been keeping himself occupied by checking the notices on the board while standing and eating his breakfast though he almost chokes as Svetlana finishes her question. "375gp for some vegetables? What aren't you telling us, lady?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 (6 + 2 FE(Human))

His hunch having been cleared, he informs her: "I'm sure it won't be too problematic to find for you these vegetables. Besides, seeing as your posts here lack any real location and our overarching task is to explore these lands, we have no good reason to deny paid work. Do you know offhand in which direction from here these radishes grow?"

"hey Lukan, there's something on your shirt." *Lukan looks down, Ganit bops his nose with his finger* "Got you!" jk. <3 ~ Ganit. Insult of the day.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Ganit had been keeping himself occupied by checking the notices on the board while standing and eating his breakfast though he almost chokes as Svetlana finishes her question. "375gp for some vegetables? What aren't you telling us, lady?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 (6 + 2 FE(Human))

His hunch having been cleared, he informs her: "I'm sure it won't be too problematic to find for you these vegetables. Besides, seeing as your posts here lack any real location and our overarching task is to explore these lands, we have no good reason to deny paid work. Do you know offhand in which direction from here these radishes grow?"

"hey Lukan, there's something on your shirt." *Lukan looks down, Ganit bops his nose with his finger* "Got you!" jk. <3 ~ Ganit. Insult of the day.

"The stolen lands are dangerous. It would be crazy for me not to give you enough money to risk the lands and to retrieve these moon radishes. They are delicious and some creatures might be roaming the area." she replies, seemingly offended that you acted as if she would lie to you.

She thinks for a moment.
"I don't know for certain. I heard there was a patch nearby but I don't know where. I really need them to help calm Oleg down as they are his favourite."


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit nods to Svetlana, his eyes must have revealed what he was thinking. He then turns to the rest of the party as they ready themselves for their first real outing together, "I suppose any direction is as good as the next. You point and I'll scout ahead. After all that's what I agreed to," with his closing statement he releases a snort of bemusement to his position in the eager group.

From atop Felicity he returns a helping hand in pulling Sir Bronwyn to his horse. The boy was still recovering from yesterday's skirmish but as long as they continued changing his bandages every few hours and Cambyl kept close to his side, the young noble would no doubt recover. Ganit fishes through the pockets of his jacket and produces one of the potions Oleg had lent him the previous day. "Sir Bronwyn. Just in case we meet trouble again today. Keep all of your soiled bandages, we'll burn them when we make camp at sunset," he grimly informs the knight. "We don't want to attract any unwanted attention."

Ganit takes a moment to recall his inventory. Dahlia: unstrung at the bottom end, currently residing between him and his rucksack. Quiver: arrows neatly packed and separated by type. Sword. Janice: cleaned, oiled and disassembled; in the right side of his pack. Food and water: 2 days worth of each. I should cook that meat tonight, I've about 2 days until its spoiled and it would be a shame to let it. Whatever else he needs he knows he will make do in the wilds, he has for years already.

Bron, add a potion of CLW to your inventory. There's still a potion of Shield of Faith +2 up for grabs...


Cambyl spends his morning hour looking for guidance from Cayden, a bit troubled by the ferocity of their first combat together. However, his general good mood and optimism is restored by the time he gathers with the others. He looks at the companions when they have gathered together and calls upon Cayden to heal their soreness and leftover wounds for their adventures today!

Channel Energy on the group: 1d6 ⇒ 6 hp healed for everyone.

"Cayden Cailean is smiling on us today, my friends!"


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

"Erastil seems pleased this morning as well. It is good we have the gods on our side Cambyl. We may want to head east along the south side of the road first. It looks as if we could do the most good there in securing the areas around that trade route. "

Lukan seems more cheerful today then before. The hard work of slaying bandits and fixing roofs releases his stress of travel and he looks onward for more glory.

He looks to his previously injured comrades, "It is good to see you are all well"


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

Tholamin spends his morning not talking to anyone still disgusted by the two human warriors action of the previous day. After he wakes up he spends his time in the early morning sunshine contemplating the forest from the view of the battlements and then reading and preparing his spells.


Retroactive Long Term care for Bron:

Heal:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

"I looked over you during the night, Bron. I hope you're feeling better today."


Male Human Bard 4

Sir Bronwyn walked wincing at the swollen wound, every step offering him a new experience in pain.

When Cambyl prays to Cayden and blesses the party, Bron's wound improves visibly. The purple swollen bruise subsides, and the cut closes to a mere gray scar. He moves his jaw side to side, testing the wound and then smiling satisfied. He puts a hand to Cambyl's shoulder and says:

"A-ha, can you smell it? Cool, crisp air, and the whole of the world ahead of us! Enemies to the front and allies to our back! The way it always should be!"

He still takes Ganit's hand and gets onto his horse.

"Come on, Bandit, lead the way!"

Ride check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

As soon as he mounts the horse, it rears up and protests. He is taken by surprise and falls to the mud.

"Hahahahaha, that'll remind myself to not drown my pain in ale! When the pain goes away, the ale always stays!"

He gets up and leads the horse out of the post, mounting only outside.


"Well, friends, what shall we try to accomplish on this fine day?"


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Zayne glances back at Drakor who growls something and then the half-elf sighs as if tired "Well Drakor has put in the vote that we find more bandits to crush and kill, since he's apparently already bored." he rolls his eyes at the Eidolon then shrugs at Cambyl.

"Anything's fine by me but I do believe it's important to scout out the surrounding area."


"Well, the day is moving on without us. If we don't hurry up, we won't have enough time for a few drinks when we're finished!"

He mounts his newly acquired horse (still no name) and prepares to ride out the gate.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"I... Agree with Lukan. If this trading post is to be our base camp for the next few months, it would be irresponsible to remain ignorant of its surroundings." With a single hard word to his stead, Felicity instantly turns herself and her master eastward.

"Tholamin, if you are indeed an emissary of the fey they've most likely taught you how to identify the hazards and harbors of the wilderness. I'd like for you to keep watch for both and to inform the rest of us when you notice anything peculiar."

I assume we're entering the hex square directly east of Oleg's and making a 'U' shape around the outpost. That way we'd be one step away from safety if we run into something awful.

DM Aron:
I'm not sure if you want us to roll survival checks or if you're doing them secretly. Is this a check we can take 10 on?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

"I... Agree with Lukan. If this trading post is to be our base camp for the next few months, it would be irresponsible to remain ignorant of its surroundings." With a single hard word to his stead, Felicity instantly turns herself and her master eastward.

"Tholamin, if you are indeed an emissary of the fey they've most likely taught you how to identify the hazards and harbors of the wilderness. I'd like for you to keep watch for both and to inform the rest of us when you notice anything peculiar."

I assume we're entering the hex square directly east of Oleg's and making a 'U' shape around the outpost. That way we'd be one step away from safety if we run into something awful.

** spoiler omitted **

Just so you all know, I'm not entirely certain but I don't see any rules for rolling survival for mapping an area but just spending the entire day to explore a hex. I'll roll any rolls needed to notice hidden areas on the map.

DM:

Exploring Hex 15% chance

1d100 ⇒ 70

As you are exploring this area most of the day passes and you can see the stars up in the sky above. You discover a rundown looking hut in the distance where light appears to be eminating from and signs of movement inside.


"Aha! That looks like it might be the dwelling of... what was his name? Bokin? Bomkin? Shall we call out to him, or knock?"


Male Human Bard 4

"If memory serves, it was Bokken. Perhaps he's some kind of alchemist?"

Sir Bronwyn dismounts the horse and comes near the house. He claps his hands, trying to get this Bokken guy's attention.

"Hello there, good sir! Oleg sent us, said you could use some help!"


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan quickly dismounts and stands next to Bronwyn, his shield arm extended in front of the knight, "Did your wounds not teach you anything? Be on your guard. Anyone who can survive in a hut out here alone is very strong and probably very unstable." Lukan looks to Ganit as if providing an example. "But some are more mad than strong.".

Lukan tries to make out who our what is moving in the house, but he stays a safe distance back.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 perception.


Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

"If memory serves, it was Bokken. Perhaps he's some kind of alchemist?"

Sir Bronwyn dismounts the horse and comes near the house. He claps his hands, trying to get this Bokken guy's attention.

"Hello there, good sir! Oleg sent us, said you could use some help!"

The door opens slowly and before you appears a man who looks like he's spent his life in a cave with long tangled hair and curly, somewhat wild beard.

"Yes, yes what do you want?" he pauses for a moment and turns back into his little shack, running back in just as there's a small explosion. He returns shortly afterwards and drinking down a potion. "Hmm...not the reaction I expected, no, no something wrong...oh yes you were saying?" he looks over at the group and raises an eyebrow. "Oleg sent you saying I could help did he? Hmm...yes that must mean you bring gold with you. Yes, yes, gold for my potions. I have numerous elixers, oh yes."

He continues to mindlessly jibber for a bit before looking back to the group and straitening himself up, combing his hair a bit more as if trying to play a salesman angle in a bad way.
"I have many potions and can make any of a certain strength of magic. As long as you have the gold, I have the potion in most cases." he wrinkles his nose and seems to look back into his hut. "Will you be exploring the Greenbelt? I need some berrys from a Fangberry bush. Clean ones! I don't know where you might be able to find them, but I will give you a discount on the potions."

Potions to be crafted:

Below are a list of the types of spells he can craft potions out of. I deleted those that can't be made out of so everything blow if of something he can make. Check pricing on: d20pfsrd

0 Level: guidance, light, touch of fatigue.

1st Level: cure light wounds, endure elements, protection from chaos, protection from evil, protection from good, protection from law.

2nd Level: aid, bear's endurance, bull's strength, cat's grace, cure moderate wounds, darkness, delay poison, resist energy (acid, cold, electricity, fire and sonic 10, 20 and 30).


Male Human Bard 4

Bron looks to the others with a puzzled look on his face.

"Fangberry? It's a berry that has fangs? A Fangedberry?"


"That sounds excellent! I am sure we will become excellent customers of yours. We will certainly keep a lookout for these berries you need. The Fangberry bush you say? That sounds dangerous. Do you know anything about the lands nearby that might help us?"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"I suppose I'll take that as a complement soldier" Ganit replies with a wry smile as he slides gracefully from his mount. Unstable may not even justify the erratic behavior of this alchemist, he thinks to himself after the introduction.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"Well Bronwyn, Fangberry bushes are..." What ever my knowledge check gives me on Fangberries.

"We have been tasked to explore, map, and rid this area of any pressing threats. We will leave the area shortly after sunrise but we must hastily make camp before loosing the remainder of it's light. I trust it won't be a problem to do so on your property." Ganit explains to the merchant, simultaneously asking for permission and acting as though its already been granted.


Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:

Bron looks to the others with a puzzled look on his face.

"Fangberry? It's a berry that has fangs? A Fangedberry?"

Fangedberries? Where do you get such a silly idea?" he sees the crest and sighs, rolling his eyes. "Of course, a noble or some other idiot with more money than intellect. You wouldn't know nature unless it hit you in the face, which out here it damn will!" he sighs, audiably annoyed.

The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

"I suppose I'll take that as a complement soldier" Ganit replies with a wry smile as he slides gracefully from his mount. Unstable may not even justify the erratic behavior of this alchemist, he thinks to himself after the introduction.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 4

"Well Bronwyn, Fangberry bushes are..." What ever my knowledge check gives me on Fangberries.

"We have been tasked to explore, map, and rid this area of any pressing threats. We will leave the area shortly after sunrise but we must hastily make camp before loosing the remainder of it's light. I trust it won't be a problem to do so on your property." Ganit explains to the merchant, simultaneously asking for permission and acting as though its already been granted.

Fangberry info for Ganit:

Fangberries are usually found on bushes of the same name. They are difficult to retrieve as the best berries are all at the centre of a thicket while the rest of the bush is covered in fangberry thorns which makes it difficult to retrieve the berries without getting lacerated by the many berries. Anyone who can make a survival check of 20 or has thick enough armour (+7) don't get harmed by the thorns.

"I can see you are a smart enough man. They are rare, but so delicious and juicy." he shakes his head violently at wanting to camp here. "No, no I need my privacy. Why do you think I decided to live out here in the Green Belt of the Stolen Lands? It's not for my health, that's what I can tell you! Surely you can just go back to Olegs. Either buy potions or leave. Go, go." he makes motions as if shooing off a dog.

Should've said, you guys use up a single day's rations with all the travelling and stopping for a meal that I assume you would've done when exploring and mapping out the area. It's the begining of darkness, but you can easily return to Olegs if you wish.


"Very well, sir. I shall purchase two potions of cure light wounds from you, and be on my way. I'm sure we shall meet again as we explore the area."

does he have potions ready, or will he have to make them?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Cambyl wrote:

"Very well, sir. I shall purchase two potions of cure light wounds from you, and be on my way. I'm sure we shall meet again as we explore the area."

does he have potions ready, or will he have to make them?

yeah he has ready-made potions already. Assuming you ask him he will tell you that he has two potions of cure light wounds, two potions of endure elements and a potion of cure moderate wounds.

here's a updated map of the greenbelt and the profile here has been updated with the current map and the other quests that have been asked of you.


Ok, added the 2 cure light wounds potions to my inventory


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Cambyl wrote:
Ok, added the 2 cure light wounds potions to my inventory

Paid for them I hope. 50 gp each.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Fine, if we leave now we should be able to make it back to the outpost before its completely dark." says Ganit as he begrudgingly puts his rucksack back on and pulls himself onto his horse. "Whoever else needs to buy potions do so now. We'll leave as soon as your purchases are complete."

He then restrings his bow, looking back west as the last few golden rays of sunshine breach the hillside. We certainly don't want to be out here too long after the light is past.


DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
Cambyl wrote:
Ok, added the 2 cure light wounds potions to my inventory
Paid for them I hope. 50 gp each.

Indeed, sorry, will be clearer :)


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan has returned to his saddle after determining Bok k en poses no threat at the moment. He turns his horse to follow Ganit. "At this rate the only one who is going to be left to explore this place is the elf. The rest of us are going to die from old age."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

DM:

1d100 ⇒ 43 5% chance

As you arrive at Oleg's trading post you see armed and armoured men on the walls, patrolling. As you get close one of them addresses the group.
"Halt! Who goes there? Friend of Foe?" he aims his crossbow at the group, awaiting a response.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

"We are friends. We are on charter from the regent king to explore these lands. Surely Oleg has spoke of us. I am Lukan Swane."

Lukan stalls his horse as he awaits a response.

201 to 250 of 4,392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.