Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87


151 to 200 of 4,392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Cambyl wrote:

Might not be around when my turn comes up today, so here you go.

** spoiler omitted **

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Bronwyn: 1d8+1 hp

Want to roll a heal check to see if he's still alive or not?


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

Tholamin blanches and quickly looks away from the grizzly seen of Drakor and the bandit and occupies himself by rushing over to Zayne helping him lie down straight and calls out in Celestial

"Cambyl we need you over here."


DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
Cambyl wrote:

Might not be around when my turn comes up today, so here you go.

** spoiler omitted **

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Bronwyn: 1d8+1 hp

Want to roll a heal check to see if he's still alive or not?

I guess I'm confused. Can I do that and cast in the same turn?


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
Cambyl wrote:

Might not be around when my turn comes up today, so here you go.

** spoiler omitted **

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Bronwyn: 1d8+1 hp

Want to roll a heal check to see if he's still alive or not?

I think the healing effects stabilize him even if they don't bring him to positive health.

Free action to speak "Elf! Don't let that one get away!" Ganit chokes out after being momentarily dazed by the gruesome show which occurred all but a few feet from his face.


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

Tholamin looks up at the sound of Ganit's voice and looks back to see a bandit at the door. Grimacing Tholamin will let another spear fly at the bandits back his heart not really into it.

don't really know if thats legal but in case it was i just posted if not then no biggee missed anyway :)

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Drakor eyes the head in his fist for a second then raises it up overhead and roars his victory.

Zayne winces up at the elf above him and groans. "What am i missing?" he asks.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Looks like I'm gonna have to do it my self." Ganit picks up the bow from where he stands and races out to find a good position to fire from.

Move action to pick up the bow, another move action get to AI36

Acrobatics to jump onto the wagon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

actually it doesn't really matter now lol.

Sir Bronwyn Raslov:

You should be at 0hp after Cambyle's healing. You are disabled, but concious and able to do minor things that aren't too exhilerating for you.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

"Looks like I'm gonna have to do it my self." Ganit picks up the bow from where he stands and races out to find a good position to fire from.

Move action to pick up the bow, another move action get to AI36

Acrobatics to jump onto the wagon: 1d20 + 3

You can fire at him without jumping on the Wagon. I did it with Happs so it's only fair that I allow it as it was my mistake. Also, the bow is described below for your benefit

Happs' Bow:

It's a Composite Longbow with a +2 strength rating. With your strength you can use it and add the +2 from strength to damage.


Male Human Bard 4

Sir Bronwyn opens his bloody eyes, looking around and trying to appraise the situation. He stays on the ground, arms open and the familiar smell of mud in his tongue.

"Is... everyone... alive?"

For DM Aron:

Mind if that critical hit was a blow to the head? Maybe a cut to the jawbone, on the left side of the face? I'm digging a rugged-looking scar to tell the tale of the bandit fight at Oleg's.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

"Looks like I'm gonna have to do it my self." Ganit picks up the bow from where he stands and races out to find a good position to fire from.

Move action to pick up the bow, another move action get to AI36

Acrobatics to jump onto the wagon: 1d20 + 3

You can fire at him without jumping on the Wagon. I did it with Happs so it's only fair that I allow it as it was my mistake. Also, the bow is described below for your benefit

** spoiler omitted **

Well in that case...

"Looks like I'm gonna have to do it myself." Ganit drops his sword to the ground and picks up the tightly strung bow Happs rode in with.
He won't be needing this.

He notches an arrow and aims for the last fleeing bandit.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 FE(Human) +2/+2, Bless +1/+0

Ganit smiles as the missile launches from the high tension bow. He can feel the difference between this one and the one he'd been using for years. The smile slowly fades as he realizes the condition the rest of his group is in. Walking purposefully towards Oleg's home he angrily shouts back to Tholamin, who nearly had to duck to avoid the shot, "Next time you better pray you don't miss. That rider was this close to getting out of here and warning the rest of their camp."


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

Tholamin ignores the angry human and focuses on helping Zayne lay down smoothly tearing off a portion of his robes to lay beneath the Half elf's head.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Drakor looks down at Bron who is still on the ground but luckily alive and he leans down and drops the head right next to Bronwyn's body with the terrified expression turned so the knight can see it.

"For you," he rumbles then helps Bronwyn up with one huge hand then immediatly rushes over to check on his master, ignoring the last bandit with the arrow in him by the door as the Eidolon returns to his master's side to very gently pick him up and turn to head back towards the healer man.

Zayne winces as Drakor picks him up and he almost gags at the horrid scent of blood on Drakor's heavy blunt talons. He has to swallow deeply when he sees the headless body of the archer.

"Sir Bronwyn? Are you all right?"


Cambyl looks a bit stunned seeing the results of the battle around him. Well, I don't know what I expected. This isn't exactly a barroom brawl.

He looks around, talking to everyone, then looks at Bronwyn, addressing him directly.

Celestial:
"Well, friends, we seem to have survived. Bron, I'm going to see if I can get Zayne cured up a little. I think I remember Oleg had some potions we can give you now that you're out of danger.

He then approaches Zayne and his large friend.

Celestial:
"Well, that's quite the wound for a first battle on an adventure. I'll see what I can do."
He smiles at Zayne.

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Zayne: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 hp.

"Well, we need to avoid more injuries for today! I think I'm done for a while anyway."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Sir Bronwyn Raslov:

Well I only said that you were stabbed in the gut, however if you want to have it as a handsome obvious scar you can do, though still the scar on the chest can be an excuse for you to show off your chest ;)

Ganit fires his new bow and the arrow pins the bandit to the door by the throat with him hanging on there.

End of combat. They're all dead so anyone want to announce to Oleg? I'll have a breakdown of the equipment below.

Loot:

Bandits:
6 sets of leather armour
6 longbows
120 arrows
6 shortswords
12 days worth of rations
60 gp

Happs:
2 Alchemist's fire
Studded Leather Armour
Dagger
Longsword
masterwork composite bow (+2 Str)
20 arrows
2 days rations
Silver Stag Lord Amulet (worth 20 gp)
50 gp


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Ganit fires his new bow and the arrow pins the bandit to the door by the throat with him hanging on there.

End of combat. They're all dead so anyone want to announce to Oleg? I'll have a breakdown of the equipment below.

** spoiler omitted **

Oh question what about the horses? will we have access to them?


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit bursts into main hall of Oleg's shop with a ferverous kick to the door. "Oleg!" He says as the man emerges from his bedroom in a tone that couldn't possibly match his body. "How many men did you say were coming here today? Five, right?" his face growing ever more severe as he goes on.

"WRONG!!" Ganit exclaims as he slams his fist on the table. "Seven men on horseback! Seven men with bows and swords! Seven! Yes, count them: seven." Ganit goes on in a demeaning manor, holding both hands up with seven digits extended.

"We've got two men on ground bleeding to death outside. If you've got any remorse for the mistake you've made you'd be out there with all the medicine you have making sure they don't choke on their own blood. Well what are you waiting for? Go now!"


Tholamin Medvyed wrote:
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Ganit fires his new bow and the arrow pins the bandit to the door by the throat with him hanging on there.

End of combat. They're all dead so anyone want to announce to Oleg? I'll have a breakdown of the equipment below.

** spoiler omitted **

Oh question what about the horses? will we have access to them?

yeah, once they've calmed down they're ready to ride. They're not really intelligent creatures and you can claim them as your own.

Oleg appears shocked at Ganit's attitude that he gives him.
"I'm not psychic lad!" he shouts out angrily. "Look, I'm sorry for not knowing how many of them arrived, but I have a few potions here. For the mistake take these two. One for each as an apology and I do have a few more for sale from a mad-man named Bokken. He lives somewhere in the Stolen Lands but I have no idea where he lives."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Svetlana steps foward and looks to the both of Ganit and Oleg.
"We're so thankful you drove the bandits off, sir." she gives a warm and welcoming smile. "No more bandits should arrive anytime soon. They're generally cowards." she points out.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

Ganit snatches the potions from the old man and marches outside towards the rest of the group. He pauses at the door letting out a sigh and hesitantly warning, "If I were you ma'am, I'd keep myself busy inside for a while. Maybe dinner." Ganit suddenly spots Happs' decapitated body laying in a pool of blood. "No meat..."

He quickly makes his way towards the stables where everyone has gathered around Cambyl for healing. Noticing that everyone for the most part has been pretty well healed he looks at the potions in his hand with a bit of remorse, then suddenly enlightenment. He tosses one of the potions to Zayne, "You should stick with your friend here more often. This is for next time."

Ganit will now search the bandit corpses for anyone who may still be the slightest bit alive. If he comes across one he will try to resuscitate them with a heal check, failing that he will use the potion.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Cambyl seems quite exhausted, but he sees the silver amulet on the ground, no doubt having flown somewhere when the neck it was on was divided in two...

"What is that amulet? Is it related to this so-called stag lord? What does Oleg know about it?"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
The Hermit Ganit D'Artain wrote:

Ganit snatches the potions from the old man and marches outside towards the rest of the group. He pauses at the door letting out a sigh and hesitantly warning, "If I were you ma'am, I'd keep myself busy inside for a while. Maybe dinner." Ganit suddenly spots Happs' decapitated body laying in a pool of blood. "No meat..."

He quickly makes his way towards the stables where everyone has gathered around Cambyl for healing. Noticing that everyone for the most part has been pretty well healed he looks at the potions in his hand with a bit of remorse, then suddenly enlightenment. He tosses one of the potions to Zayne, "You should stick with your friend here more often. This is for next time."

Ganit will now search the bandit corpses for anyone who may still be the slightest bit alive. If he comes across one he will try to resuscitate them with a heal check, failing that he will use the potion.

Heal: 1d20 + 2

You find a few bandits who were leaking blood for some time. These ones near where Happs was are still alive and you manage to bring one of them back into conciousness with him waking up and then staring up at you in utter terror.

"W-We won't c-c-come back. I p-p-p-promise! Please good sir. N-Noble gentleman. K-Kind warrior. I won't harm anyone ever again! he cowers attempting to try and stop from soiling himself.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Zayne gives Ganit a grateful nod and winces at the twinge of the arrow. Drakor gives Ganit a look, his chest slowly having up and down, a long jagged cut just under one of the thick bony plates leaking dark blood.

Zayne glances up at the Eidolon and blinks and then his brand flashes brighter for a few seconds as Drakor's wound slowly closes itself, the blood seeping back into the wound.

Casting:
Rejuvenate Eidolon, Lesser
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Drakor, glancing back at the wounded bandits, gives a snarl and crosses to the speaker. "No. You won't" he snarls and picks the human up by his throat one-handed till he is dangling above the ground.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Cambyl wrote:

Cambyl seems quite exhausted, but he sees the silver amulet on the ground, no doubt having flown somewhere when the neck it was on was divided in two...

"What is that amulet? Is it related to this so-called stag lord? What does Oleg know about it?"

It appears to be a silver amulet with the picture of a Elk's head, most likely a stag with mention of the Stag Lord. No one has yet walked over to Oleg to ask.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Holy Crap. That was a lot of actions taking place. Dang jobs getting in the way of DnD.

DM Aron:
I would have made it to the flanking position based off of how I moved throughout my turns (t1-AF37, t2-AE36, t3-AD35). I even asked if I could stand over Bron as long as he was unconscious. This is the second time we have had a miscommunication (After you mentioning the strength check on the gate). If my posting timing is becoming too much of a problem for you (because as you mentioned, it is 3am there) please let me know now.

Lukan checks on Sir Bronwyn Raslov after the gruesome display the beast showed by ripping the head from Happs.

Heal Check: 1d20 ⇒ 19

"You'll live. Thanks to Cambyl." He nods in reverence to Cambyl before he retreats to clean himself from the gore that follows combat. His face turns pale as he walks away as the adrenaline flows from his veins. He returns a short time later with no sign of battle upon him. He looks to Ganit who is standing above a bandit that is begging for his life. His first instinct is to kill the man, but before he can draw his sword, Drakor finishes the task for him.

"Looks like we share many things in common, Drakor. I think we will be good friends." Lukan says as he walks towards Drakor and Ganit. "Out here, we are the law. These men do not deserve to live." He nods to Drakor to snap the bandits neck.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Wait!!!"

Ganit takes a long stern look at the helpless bandit, dangling like a rag doll in the powerful creature's arm. "I just saved your life boy, now it belongs to me. Tell me what I want to know and I'll let you leave here alive. If you resist or I think your lying, I'll have this thing pop your head off as if it were a cheap wine cork." He sticks his thumb in his mouth and emulates the sound.

"Where's your camp?"
"How many others are there?"
"Who is the Stag lord and where did he come from?"


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Drakor looks between the bowman Ganit, the swordsman Lukan and the dangling bandit and gives a warning snarl, squeezing a little harder then dropping him onto the ground and stepping back a pace but staying towering over the fallen choking bandit.

"Better answer quickly" he growls then stepping back to loom protectively over his master.


Male Human Bard 4

Feeling the lingering pain on his jawbone, Bronwyn's voice comes out like his mouth's stuffed with cotton:
"Yeh, yeh, I will survive. 'Twas a lucky shot from that Happs creature. Did you get him?"

"Cambyl, I feel something's wrong with my..." A flash of pain makes him wince and lose balance; he holds onto the nearest person or horse.


Lukan:

no it's no problem. I was just up late that time, that's all. Also I do occassionally miss the odd instruction here and there, but that's my fault from skim-reading.

"I-It's hidden in the forest. F-Far to the south! K-K-Kressel is there and she'll have my hide!" he claims and he seems terrorfied to utter the name Kressel. "Th-There's twelve of 'em! W-W-We go on sh-shifts. I have never met the Stag Lord, b-but Kressel...she speaks of him as if he owns the lands. I'll d-do anything, j-just don't kill me or send me back to Kressel."

At this point Oleg Interviens.

"Me and Svetlana were sent here to repair and set up this trading post. You could release him to our care to help with the work here, but it's up to you what you do with him." he suggests to the group off-handedly.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"If that's the case, this man is indebted to you for all the goods he and his people have stolen, the physical damage they've caused to your establishment, and the harassment and hardships they've imposed upon you." Ganit dryly explains to Oleg. Then looking directly into the eyes of the pathetic man squirming on the ground, "You will provide every honorable talent you possess to these people. You will treat them as your mother and your father until your debt has been repaid. If you're lucky, they may take pity on you and mold you into person worthy of the gift we're giving you. Your first task is to help us clean this place up, we can't have the lady of the house looking out her window onto a battlefield."

With that, Ganit feels better knowing that he need not kill every man who has committed sin. "If you kill a man than he learns nothing," words of wisdom from a life he struggled to forget.

Ganit quickly begins helping strip the bodies of valuables and dragging the corpses outside the gates to be burned.


"Come on, Bronwyn, lets get you to a bed. We need you to rest up. I could do with a bit of rest myself."


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Drakor looms over the repentant bandit again and leansin very close, baring his fangs at him and flexing his taloned fingers meancingly. "Human better be good...or Drakor will tear, rip and eat him,alive" then the Eidolon stalks off to help Ganit and Swane get rid of the bodies.

Zayne leans down to look at the bandit, a half-smile on his face. "I suggest you do as he says. He isn't joking about any of that," then he winks, pats the bandit's shoulder and then limps off toward the groupof body carriers to try and help, leaning on his longspear like a walking staff.


Svetlana makes sure to set out bowls of stew with the choice of vegtable stew as Ganit wanted.
"I wish I had some moon radishes. I apologise if the vegtables aren't that good, but we don't get many travellers here." she smiles meekly but Oleg comforts her with a arm over her shoulders.

"Just like the first time you cooked for me precious, it's wonderful." he smiled as comforts her and looks back to the group. "So, what are your plans? We'll be glad to supply you and I will always have items for sale when you return. Also, here's an additional reward for helping us take care of these bandits." he hands over a potion of shield of faith +2 and a purse of 50 gold coins. "We're happy yo put you all up for free in our guest house and free meals. We owe you all a lot for ridding us of these cowards and I doupt they'll try anything for some time where-ever they are."


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan's military mind wants to put the bandit down, "He is too much of a risk. If Kressel gets to him, I fear we wont be able to control him. The only way I'd let him live with these fine people is if there was someone here to protect them."

Lukan turns to Oleg questioningly, "You mentioned something earlier about a detachment being sent here to protect you from the bandits. When do you expect them?"


Lukan Swane "Swaney" wrote:

Lukan's military mind wants to put the bandit down, "He is too much of a risk. If Kressel gets to him, I fear we wont be able to control him. The only way I'd let him live with these fine people is if there was someone here to protect them."

Lukan turns to Oleg questioningly, "You mentioned something earlier about a detachment being sent here to protect you from the bandits. When do you expect them?"

"I recieved a message not that long ago from a travelling hunter that they were sending some armed support, however the letter did mention some adventures coming down and that you could well be of use defending the outpost. Clearly they were right." he laughed and smiled. "It is peaceful out here though. Away from Restlov and it's politics...not like I didn't enjoy living in Brevoy." he quickly added the last part to his statement. "I have no idea when they will arrive, but I was told that they should soon. Besides, the ex-bandit has nowhere to go. If he goes into the stolen lands he'll either be eaten or the bandits will catch him and punish him, but if he goes north there's a good chance he might've come from there origonally and be arrested for his past deeds. In my opinion he has everything to lose." Oleg shrugs his shoulders giving his opinion.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

As if struck by lightning, Lukan straightens up and pulls his charter from his bag.

"By the decree of the Swordlords of Restov, this man is condemned by death for his acts of banditry. He must die by sword or rope. Or, he must repent his acts of banditry. He has yet to repent."

Lukan pulls his sword from its sheath and walks up to the bandit. "Repent your ways and swear your fealty to the Swordlords of Restov or be put to death!"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Oleg is right, I'm sure Kessel would kill him to make an example of those who can't follow through with orders." Ganit replies without looking up from his stew. "He knows this, and so do we. Our bigger trouble is their camp to south of..." He is cut of by Swane's ranting.

Knocking his chair to the ground as he follows his comrade outside of the dinning hall and catching up him as he aims his sword at the prisoner. "Dammit man! Pull yourself together!" he shouts, positioning himself between the sword and "bandit." "Look you can go ahead and kill this kid where he stands or you can leave him here to repay his debts and earn his redemption. Death would be too easy, too quick and tidy for the sins he and his kind have committed. But by all means kill this defenseless person, as he wallows in his own excrement kissing your feet and begging for his life." Ganit steps out from between them, his eyes having never left Lukan's.

"Just know that if you choose to kill him, you're no better than those he was bound to."


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan glares at Ganit, "What world do you come from? The world of happy endings and fairy tales? What makes you believe so heartidly that this man can redeem himself? Had you not slain those men so deftly I would've assumed you a lofty philosopher that surrounds himself with fanciful literature and keeps himself from the harsh realities of this world."

"I watched as men like him took advantage of our good nature once. I will never make that mistake again." Lukan speaks fueled with fire. The blood has returned to his face, a renewed vigor. His stern face mirrors his seriousness. "You told me that you came to find the horrors of these lands. Well, a horror stand before you and you fight for it as if it were your brother."

"Your lord demands his death or his repentance!"

Lukan looks to the bandit at the end of his sword, "This man is doing you no favor and is only feuling my desire to end your life! Speak your words of repentance and loyalty now or die!"


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

"Yeah. Fairy tales. You know, like the one where the dragon swoops down and burns the mining village to ashes. Or the one where the witches use their black magics to make husbands kill their wives and children. Life is just one great big &*%$^&g fairy tale! And I guarantee you this is the happiest ending any of us could ask for," Ganit argues as his face grows red under his black and silver beard.

"THESE!!!" Ganit exclaims with both arms in the air. "These are the horrors I warn you of! In case you can't feel it, these forests are tainted. They turn people against eachother, into beasts. Forcing this boy to adhere to your arbitrary legion won't change a $@#damn thing. How do you think he was caught up with such a group of people? Probably coerced by a madman screaming and waving a blade in his FACE! Sound familiar!?" His voice now filling with anger rather than reason.

"Nobody can decide that they are forgiven for their misdeeds. There isn't a magic word you can utter and have someone decide that you've become a better person. You're absolved for your sins. Go on now, you're a new man." Ganit looks down at with a note of pain in his eyes. His voice betrays him as it cracks when he begins to speak again. "No. Redemption is something you have to earn. You have to work for it. You have to bleed for it. Not everyone is worthy of it, but who are you to decide that!?" He bursts out, regaining his authoritive demeanor.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lukan's voice lowers and he begins to talk in a slow, commanding, methodical tone, "You need to calm yourself. You speak as if you are possessed."

Lukan waits a minute before he begins to speak again, "Heed my words and listen well. This is law. This man has committed a high crime. He knew his actions well. He had his chance to do what was right, but he chose to commit evil."

"Now tell me, Has his revival from death's doorstep shown you that he is redeemed? What action has shown that he is a redeemed man? Is it his incessent begging for is pathetic life?"

He seems to ignore the ranger's remarks about his legion, for now. The task of punishing this man is at hand. "But your words have sunk in and you have made my choice easy."

Lukan slides is sword across the helpless bandit's throat.

"You are right that he would be coerced by any man waving a sword in his face. He is a coward and this world doesn't need any more cowards. Especially cowards that would turn on you as soon as the tide of battle shifted."

The scowl on Lukan's scarred face does not fade at the bandits death, instead his murderous glare is focused on Ganit. "Next time I will not be so gracious when you decide to smear the good name of the ninth."

Lukan slings the bandit's blood from his scimitar, onto the ground beside him. His eyes remain fixed upon Ganit, judging his stance as if almost daring him to speak another word against the ninth.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

At a disapproving word from Zayne, Drakor gives a single grunt for a warning then he has both men dangling by the fronts of their tunics in the air, each of them hanging from, glaring at each of them in turn and his draconian lip raised high enough to bare his teeth at both of them should they continue. Zayne glares at Swane, leaning heavily on his spear.

"I may not have your experience Sir Swane, but I know morality for sure. You speak like these men have taken everything from you. But YOU'RE still here! Every person deserves the chance to redeem themselves. You never gave him a chance to repent his sins, you just put him to death before your terms could even be met! What could the bandits possibly have taken from you that inspires this barbaric behavior? You are no better than them!"

Drakor lowers Ganit back to the ground but keeping his bulk between the two before also releasing the soldier. Zayne continues, tears brimming in his eyes. "Men like him took everything from ME, not you. They took the one person i cared about in this life from me in cold blood, but I still was willing to give him a chance."

Drakor gives another snarl and glances back at Zayne, then looking forwards again at Swane who still has his sword out. "Put fang away human..." he growls very softly.


Human Ranger 3 / Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 38/38; AC 18, touch 13, Flat Footed 15; CMD 19; Fort +3, Reflex +9 (Evasion), Will +4; Perception +11 (+1 v traps; +2 v Humans); Initiative +3

O jeeeeeeeze... lol

Ganit's initial shock is overwhelmed by his outburst of anger. "You son of a..." He charges at the soldier with nothing but his fists. Ganit is unarmed, having left all his equipment in the dining hall. He will attempt to grapple Lukan who is flatfooted during this surprise round.

CMB vs. Luckans CMD:17 - DEX = 14
Ganit's CMB check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 CMB 3 + FE(Human) 2

He manages to grab hold of the unsuspecting executioner and jostle him around by his thick metal armor. [b]"You think I saved that boy's life so you could just go ahead kill him again!? You think just because you served time with some slap-dash insignificant militia you can go around dictating who lives and who dies?"

We both gain the grapple condition, Ganit receives a +5 to CMD checks to grapple for being the controller. There are some great grapple flowcharts here.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

Lol I know you want to grapple Lukan really really bad, but some of your rolls are a bit off FE only grants you a +2 on weapon attacks. A grapple is not a weapon attack. I would not be surprised since I can see you and I am preparing for your attack. "Surprise - When a combat starts, if you are not aware of your opponents and they are aware of you, you're surprised." We will need to roll initiative because you made your actions to charge me quite clear. I'm not seeing the +5 CMD checks - if anything there is a +4 to CMB to gain control of the grapple. I will wait for DM intervention. This is going to get nasty. Also, Zayne, you need to roll grapple checks to lift us up.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Zaynes eyes go wide. "No! Drakor Break them up!" the Eidolon immiedatly grasps the back of the two jerkins and attempts to pull them apart with a snarl of dissatisfaction.

CMB vs. Ganit's CMD
Drakor's CMB check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Failing to pull the ranger off the warrior he snarls again and tries on Lukan's end.

CMB vs. Swane's CMD
Drakor's CMB check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

I realize this probably isn't the best idea but it's how I think my character and Eidolon would react to two guys on the same team trying to kill each other. Also Swane I only had him lift u up because I knew that was exactly how Drakor would react. Here's the CMB rolls tho just to see if he did. Not sure he can because of how i roll but :P why not?

CMB versus Swane and Ganit to lift them up
Vs. Swane: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Vs. Ganit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Aaaaand that's how the dice roll XD OK so Drakor just put himself between u two and grabbed ur collars. whatev's :P


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

Tholamin rolls his eyes in disgust. "Humans....Your all the same, worthless rabid dogs, from one second we act as a tea the next you use any excuse to attack one another. Let's just kill one another and then we do the bandits work for them. Now get a grip the both of you we have two wounded party members, or did you forget them. They need rest and you fighting only causes a rift between the party and cause trouble. You say you care about your companions? Then prove it, stop fighting and show us all that you can act your age. I assume this isn't normal human adult behavior if it is I quake in fear at the thought of all of us traveling together through beast and foe alike for we are dead already."

The longest speech anyone has heard from Tholamin and he ends it abruptly glaring daggers at all four of the them.


Male Half-elf Summoner 1

Drakor looks back at Tholamin in puzzlement and a little indignation. "Drakor not human," he responds blinking his reptilian eyes at the elf.


Male Human Bard 4

Bron stands on the doorway, and takes a distant look upon hearing Ganit's words. Is he talking about this man, or about himself? Or yourself, for that matter?

From the door of the house he speaks, a faint smile on his face taking the sting out of his words:

"*Coff* I go down for a minute and you're already at each other's throats? We bested a great number of bandits and assassins this day, and we should be celebrating! Look at me, half my face off and I'm standing here; if it weren't for my good friend Cambyl, I would be on the wrong side of death's door!"

He then assumes a different posture, his voice rougher and not unlike a drill instructor:

"Lukan: I'm sure infighting wasn't allowed in your legion, and the punishment for such is sure to be harsh. Don't give in."

"Ganit, what's done is done, and I'm certain that if one of us was caught by these man and brought to their camp, the decision wouldn't be different. We would certainly suffer a great deal before even being allowed to die."

Will use bardic performance (fascination) to try and get everyone's attention and prevent the PVP: Will save DC 13 to resist. If that doesn't work, I'll just hope they listen to reason.


Male Human Fighter (Armor Master) 4

CINEMATICS Lukan is pushed back as Ganit grabs on to him. "I told you I would not be as gracious." His sword drops from his hand and he struggles with Ganit. Both the men try to maneuver one another into a advantageous position. Lukan's strength finaly overcomes Ganit in a brief moment as he shoves him on to the ground. He raises his fist and thrust it towards Ganit's nose, but the ranger is too quick, and narrowly avoids the blow. Lukan hits the ground with an echoing thud. Ganit seems to know how to manipulate Lukan's weak points and comes close to forcing the warrior from the fight, but Lukan continues to fight on. There seems to be no clear winner in this struggle.

Lukan breaks for a moment, distracted by Sir Raslov's soothing words.

Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

His hands fall to his sides and he waits for the knight to continue. He breathes heavily, exhausted from the long fight between him and the ranger.


Male Human Bard 4

"Get up, Lukan. No matter which brotherhood you may have been a part of, on this day we shared blood, ours and the enemies'. From this point on we are brothers." He offers a hand for Lukan to hold onto.

"Ganit, I don't approve or condone for the killing of that man, but if we expect to bring peace to this place we must first bring it onto ourselves. We both know sometimes a man has to do the best with what he's given, and he may end up on the wrong side of the law. What he does once he's there is how he defines himself: These people have, in turns, robbed, murdered, and threatened even that innocent woman. They came here, stole not only their property but their very spirits. There is nothing else we can do for this man, but there is much we can do for the others who live in this land, and I'll need you to keep your wits, for most of us don't have much of them." He offers a hand for Ganit, smiling feebly at the silly joke.


Male Elf Wood Elementalist Wizard

Tholamin shakes his head in disgust and turns away from the combatants and walks away towards the rooms Oleg has provided for them.

151 to 200 of 4,392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Kingmaker - Part 1: Stolen Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.