Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne Part 4

Game Master overfiend_87


1 to 50 of 622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

A History of Ashes

The group, having escaped Korvosa via a boat, spend their time heading to the other nearest large city, Magnimar. There they sold their loot, went to crafting and buying equipment to further aid in their adventure. As they return to the village of Harse once people see them they all begin to question the group.

"Where are you from, strangers?" one askes and another person moves up to ask "Are you from Korvosa? What's happening there?" with many other questions following. Vencarlo comes in close and suggests you all make way to a friend's home. There he and Neolandus can stay without attracting attention.

The narrow village of Harse is located on a strip of land at the point where the Sarwin River empties into the Falcon River. The village itself only contains a few dozen buildings, including a church dedicated to Erastil, two groveries, two taverns (the Spotted Pony and the somewhat dingier Nag Bag), a large inn and a bustling ferry service. This town was a traditional river-crossing site since as far back as shoanti times. The north-eastern edge of Harse features a large collection of stables and other buildings around an open field, known as the Harse Marketwhich is one of the most popular places to buy and trade livestock in the region. The site of a yearly rodeo designed to single out the best animals and riders.

The majority of Harse's citizens don't live in the village proper, but one of the dozen ranches and farms that dot the surrounding countryside and it is one of these that Vencarlo leads the group to. One named, The Blackbird Ranch.

You can deal with the crowd retro-actively. Ignore them or inform them who you are and what's been going on in the city. It's obviously many of these people are worried for loved ones back in the city.

A mere 15 minute travel by horse back leads you to this ranch where you can see quite a few horses grazing. You see a group of people by the horses, riding a few and running them through tracks. It's then that Vencarlo whistles and a Barrel-chested man makes his way to the group.
"Vencarlo? Erestil's bow! What are you doing here?" he asks putting out a hand to shake with his dear friend.

"It's hard to explain. We need you to help me and my friends. Take us to that old cellar of yours and we'll talk there. Okey, my friend?" the man's grin fades and he puts on a serious look, knowing instantly something must be up and he nods to the group.

"Let's make our way. Keep this business out of earshot of the kids. That little girl of mine wants to travel like we once did." Vencarlo smiles at this.

"I assume you've supported her?" he asks with a small laugh

"By Calistra's arse, did I? I set her straight about the danger. We're the last of the blackbirds and I'll be damned if my daughter leaves on some fool quest to to discover a worthless pile of rocks or try to find a hairless dwarf! No, she'll grow up and find herself a nice man who'll treat her good and she might even have a farm of her own to bring her kids up on."

The conversation goes on with the two talking about Vencarlo's old adventuring days. You learn this man's name is Jasan Adriel and their group known as the Blackbirds had made a small fortune adventuring as they explored the Storval Rise and the Mindspin Mountains. A fortune, that you don't doupt he spent on this farm and Vencarlo spent on building up his school. They seem to stop when they get to a point when talking about the Dwarven tomb they discovered and the undead horrors within. Clearly something about that day hangs on them heavy.

His family clearly takes notice of you, but they don't press any of you for questions. However, the oldest of the girls with long flowing red hair and slender hair looks to the group with intrigue. They're all dressed in boots for this sandy landscape and where the mother and youngest daughter wear dresses, the oldest is wearing overalls.

Basically it's like the wild west with all the sand, horses and cattle.

Once everyone is in the basement, Jasan leans against a nearby wall and examins the group.
"Alright, what mess have you gotten yourself into, greatest swordsman in Varisia?" he says with a hint of sarcasm, but his crossed arms suggesting he is serious about finding out.


Vencarlo explains the story, allowing any of you to cut in if you want to, but he assures everyone this man is to be trusted. He explains all the events from the death of the king and his suspecions from the very begining, the rescue of Trinia Sabor, the plague's origins and finally his rescue of Neolandus, who has been looking better, but still appears a little 'shell shocked' from the treatment he suffered underneaith that evil outsider and how they learnt the queen appears to be practically immortal as long as she wears the crown, so now is time to search for Shoanti who might know of the crown and ways to defeat it.

At the end of the story he lets out a long whistle.
"Now that's why I never got involved in politics. Too messy and knowing my wife she'd work me to death." he laughs and then sighs, looking to the trapdoor. "I'll need to move my family from here before things get too bad. I'm thinking west, to Magnimar. Atleast until all this chaos is over with. My family is too important for me to stay here on this darn farm." he looks to Vencarlo quizzically. "Where are you headed? I assume you don't think you're capable with keeping up with these friends of yours?" as he says this Vencarlo nods.

Vencarlo stands and looks to Neolandus and the group.
"We've been discussing it, but we were going to seek asylum at the dwarven city of Janderhoff. I have a few favors I can call upon for us to remain there and far away from the queen. No matter how powerful she is, she'd never be foolish enough to try to step into a dwarven home without an invitation, right Krenn?" he gives a wink to the dwarf then looks to Curnach "That reminds me, you'll need a guide who can speak the Shoanti dialect and there is someone who would like to greet you all." he smiles as he opens the trapdoor, revealing Jasan's oldest daughter and Vencarlo calmly says to her "Fetch your guest." as she speeds off, soon a familiar face returns, decenting down the steps.


As she comes down the stairs you see that she is an attractive woman with short, flawless blond hair. Her learther armour clings to her lithe form. she has some pain marks on her face, but it doesn't marr her beauty. As soon as she sees the group she gives a broud smile.
"Curnach!" she cries out in joy as she runs to the druid and clasps onto him in a tight hug. "I've been hoping you'd come soon, but why are the rest of you here?" she asks looking to the group and then spotting Llyra she steps over her and stares in suspecion. "Who are you? A...friend of Curnach's?" she puts her hand out to shake as she asks this.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Sense Motive DC 27:

You get the sense that she put a emphisis on the word "friend" in somewhat a hopful manner. She is clearly no angry, though suspecious would be more obvious.

Vencarlo smiles to the group.
"I'll let you explain the situation to her. Me and Neolandus will head to the dwarven stronghold right away. I assume they can stay the night?" he asks his friend who nods

"Yes, just the one night. We'll be leaving early in the morning." he explains to the group.

Vencarlo nods, agreeing to this and Neolandus speaks up.
"Remember, the tribes who onces lived around the pyramid are in the Cinderlands. If there is a possibility they we can find someone who knows anything, that is the best place to look."

Trinia Sabor

You have a spare day to rest if you wish before heading out. This'll give you time to get to know people, probe Vencarlo and Jasan for details about their adventuring days, talk with Trinia and find out what happened to her and so on.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

dot


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Dot.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Dot the 3rd...

By the way I speak Shoanti, have since Jerin was created. His father traded with them and he had to learn their language as part of him growing up and dealing with them.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Dotting.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jerin wrote:

Dot the 3rd...

By the way I speak Shoanti, have since Jerin was created. His father traded with them and he had to learn their language as part of him growing up and dealing with them.

did you mention it in character? Eitherway, she also knows the dangerous path into the Cinderlands since she hasn't just been sitting around since part 2. Also, she doesn't want to let Curnach out of her sight now he's outiside Korvosa's walls.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

I think that I may have mentioned it when we met that Shoanti way back in the AP.
Jerin would remember him and probably want to seek him out. I think he was important and he may be able to help us.

OK, his name was Thousand Bones. I don't know his position exactly, but he may be a good person to start with. We recovered the body of his grandson.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

knowledge local 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 Do I know what tribe he belonged too?

We should start with Thousand Bones. He was the Shoanti we met when we recovered the body of his Grandson. He might be willing to help us in some way since we helped him.
Trinia, do you think you can help us track him down?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

you are correct he is an important person, however you have no clue where he is since he left Korvosa after you recovered his grandson's body. (Grandson or son, can't remember) He left to perform the right on his son's body and with the arrival of the plague never returned to the city,


Trinia looks a little surprised at this question.
"You've not heard?" she asked and turns to Neolandus who also shakes his head. "Thousand Bones and the rest of his tribe, the Skoan-Quah, tribe of the skull have all gone into the Cinderlands. They have been keeping the other tribe, the Sklar-Quah, calmed in peace talks, but since they went back home and word about Korvosa's weakened state has reached out, the Sklar-Quah are planning a mass attack on Korvosa to take their land back." she states this and Neolandus joins in at this point.
"I was going to try and contact Thousand Bones, hoping he could help but if this is true, then you will have to travel to his tribe's homeland, do you know where it is?"

Trinia thinks for a moment, but then nods definantly.
"Yes, it is known as the Kallow Mounds, east of Kaer Maga in the Cinderlands." she states this and Neolandus nods and gives a smile to the grou.
"Good, when I met him I could tell he was level-headed and understood the people here now are not those guilty for taking their land. He also wanted peace more than anything for his people and the citizens of Korvosa so I doupt he's given that dream up." as Neoalndus speaks about him, those of you who met the man remember him being very calm, even in the face of the death of his own people in the street from the chaos. He did not cast any judgement upon you and appeared very perceptive for a blind man. He even remained calm as you brought the body of Gaekhen, thanking you and leaving with the peices so that he could properly send him to the afterlife.

The easiest way to get to the Cinderlands is to travel through Kaer Maga. It's not too safe, but it's faster and safer that way then trying to navigate up and over mountains." she explains as Trinia seems to know a bit about the lay of the land.

Curnach:

Zellara whispers into your mind.
"I see bad things in the future, but the path through the Cinderlands is far safer than the city." she makes sure to remind you. "I wish to do a reading and tell you all of the future you may come across. I sense great danger, but also safety too."


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Grimly assessing the scenario, Krenn suggests "An attack on the city would lead to the slaughter of a great many of the citizens, if not all of them. But the Shoanti would fall before the queen herself, who appears to have vast power at her personal disposal. It would truly be a catastrophe of the likes the land hasn't seen since the starfall."


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Llyra was not paying attention and noticed nothing.

Smiling back at Trinia, Llyra returns the handshake.

Nice to meet you. I am Llyra, servant of the Savored Sting and companion of these gentlemen.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Jerin smiles at the interplay between Trinia and Llyra.
It's good to see you again Trinia, it will be good to have someone along who can help guide us on this journey.
I guess we should purchase some horses and be on our way soon. I will have to update my spell selection for an outside journey!


Jerin wrote:

Jerin smiles at the interplay between Trinia and Llyra.

It's good to see you again Trinia, it will be good to have someone along who can help guide us on this journey.
I guess we should purchase some horses and be on our way soon. I will have to update my spell selection for an outside journey!

Is it me, or do you perfer Trinia's picture in the avatar than the later picture they did of her in part 4 where she looks like a little boy? :s

"Hi Jerin." Trinia smiles in a welcoming way. "I'm sure Jasan will let you have his horses. He wants to get his family somewhere safe and won't need every horse in the ranch. Can you not teleport us to Kaer Maga? It would quicken our jurney since we need to get there soon."


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Sorry been crazy busy. Let me catch up later tonight.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter
Trinia Sabor AKA DM wrote:
Jerin wrote:

Jerin smiles at the interplay between Trinia and Llyra.

It's good to see you again Trinia, it will be good to have someone along who can help guide us on this journey.
I guess we should purchase some horses and be on our way soon. I will have to update my spell selection for an outside journey!

Is it me, or do you perfer Trinia's picture in the avatar than the later picture they did of her in part 4 where she looks like a little boy? :s

"Hi Jerin." Trinia smiles in a welcoming way. "I'm sure Jasan will let you have his horses. He wants to get his family somewhere safe and won't need every horse in the ranch. Can you not teleport us to Kaer Maga? It would quicken our jurney since we need to get there soon."

I have never been to Kaer Maga unfortunately. I would hate for us to land several hundred miles off course.

I don't think my family would have traded this far noth, they were mostly Iinner Sea types. Of course if you would rather speed things up...


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

You can get description of the place. You don't get a 100% chance, even if you have been there and it would be considered "studied carefully". I gave you a free ride to here cause the adventure hadn't started and it'd be bad if you landed somewhere or a mishap occured and you all ended up wounded.

Anyway, I assume no one told the town's people who they were earlier when arriving?


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Scry and teleport tactics. I'll make an IC post today.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

No, we don't want to have anyone tracking our movements if we can.
We tell the townfolks we are travelers from Magnimar and that we are eventually going to Korvosa so any news they have may be appreciated. Just passing through, sorry we can't help them kind of stuff.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

After they decide on their next steps.

By the way ladies and gentlemen, I am going to be looking for a creature to subdue for a bodyguard. Hopefully we will meet something in our travels across the cinderlands or outside of Kaer Maga I can charm and convince to come with us. We could probably use all of the help we can get.
So don't go killing everything we meet, I will let you know if I spot a likely candidate.
Another option if for me to dominate and evil humanoid. Not sure it sits right with me but it may still be an option, unless you all strongly object? We could use that creature for the cause of good? I know, I know slippery slope or something like that...
At least it might have one last redeeming action before we kill it.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Llyra looks at Jerin and just shakes her head: I worship the Savored Sting, not only is she the Goddess of Lust and Vengeance as most are familiar with, but also she is the Goddess of trickery, deception and charm. What better way is there for us to exact our vengeance on those who are harming my home, than to deceive our enemies by using their own against them. Lets find the largest and strongest giant we can and send him in the front door first to bash in the head of those who think him a friend. Then we can follow behind to mop up the remains and find any survivors to use on our next assault.

As Llrya says this you can hear the passion and desire to cause great harm to those who have injured her home city, her Korvosa. A passion that makes her eyes gleam as though a thousand fireflies were behind them preparing to light the way for an army of wasps.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

"I don't have any misgivings about it. Just make sure you let me stand between you and it until you're sure the magic takes, just in case."


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Curnach smiled softly as he returned Trinia's embrace, missing the jealousy within her tone despite his usually strong intuition.

Things within Korvosa have gotten worse. Red Mantis Assassins, a Rakshasha crime family... Don't worry, we're all fine. We have rescued Korvosa's seneschal so we now, perhaps, have a way of appointing a new king once we find a way to topple her rule. Llyra, this is Trinia. Trinia, Llyra represents Korvosa's need for revenge, much as I represent its need for justice. Our methods differ, but our goals are compatible. Your a part of this too. I'll tell you everything later...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Curnach sighed as he heard of the Shoanti's planned attack. Not unsurprising, seeing how the Queen has weakened the city. Once we stop the Queen, I will personally push for peace talks and greater integration with the Shoanti.

Later, Curnach shrugged at Jerin;s suggestion.

Its hardly the worst thing i've overlooked for the sake of the city and community. If your pet goes rogue though, I will put it down for its crimes.

Rest one day, re-prep spells and onto Kaer Maga then? I still think teleportation is the most viable option (we do have a sense of urgency).

Once the next move had been planned, Curnach excused himself and went for a walk through the wilderness with Trinia, occasionally taking the form of an eagle.


Trinia smiles as she takes these walks with curnach, though she wished to instead hold his hand. These lands are sandy-somewhat. There are plants every so often and possibly some kind of wildlife.

Trinia talks to you about how she has been having adventures of her own. The last one ended with a group entering a rocky outcropping where they faced a group of Ettercaps in search of treasure.

When the group is alone, Zellara reveals herself to the group, her cards following her as she begins to meditate and read the cards.
"You will have difficulties with the shoanti. There is a mighty warrior who may either become a great threat or a mighty ally to you." as she says this she is looking at a picture of a Paladin on her cards. The next one is of a Forge. "Old scars cut deep and one of the many obsticals on your path will be driven by revenge and hatred." Next following cards appear. The Fiend, The Keep, The Bear, The Big Sky, The Uprising and The Cyclone. "You have evaded him for now, but the Red Mantis are going to find your trail and catch up with you. Be ever vigilent for their leader is a skilled combatant and will do anything to bring your heads back to the queen."
"I...I see a temple dedicated to the Moon and the Stars. A place of woreship to those who woreship Desna, but a rare, though not unheard of being resides inside, guarding the temple from any and all who enter even if they come in peace."
"Be warey for a mighty monster that is made from magic, but not born from it lives in the Cinderlands. It is a giant worm with firey flesh and a unnatural intelligence."
"One of many tests will involve strength. Totems will be involved, but many creatures with big armoured hides will try to knock them down."
"You will enter a ancient, Thessellonian ruin where a being from another world and time slumbers. It has many arms and will attack intruders of all kinds. It slumbers and it fights in it's sleep. It is a monster that even other monsters would fear."

with that she then sighs and looks back to the group.
"I see much terror and pain in Korvosa. the Grey Maidens train endlessly. They have even been searching the sewers for you and then using silver longswords to kill all the wererats they find, believeing them to be harbouring you. The temple to Abadar and others suffer, but Asmodeus' temples become more powerful as it becomes the central religion that the Queen supports and endorses. The church of Pharasma are holding strong, but the population is being put under her rule and I sense that something is wrong. If we do not hurry, Korvosa will be list within the next few months, possibly weeks."


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Jerin sighs...Teleportation it is then. We may also want to see if we can move more quickly through Shoanti territory. I assume we will be challenged and probably have to fight them if we encounter them?

Just need to update my spell selection for a more rural environment and I will be good to go. Should be able to get it done tonight.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Llyra begins to appear very disturbed as she hears Zellara's words. When Zellara finishes, Llyra raises her new scimitar in one hand and her whip in the other.

This monster that would be queen must not be allowed to rule any longer. She is strangling and murdering my home, my city.

Turning to the others: We shall find this warlord and he shall become our ally. Then, together with the Shoanti, and the blessing of the Savored Sting, we shall defeat our enemies and bring this battle back to Korvosa where we will remove that profane crown from the queen's head and send her and her evil Grey Maidens into the restlands permanently.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

I started all of this trying to rescue my nephew in Korvosa. I've stayed because of my loyalty to those who have helped me rescue him. Now, Korvosa itself is threatened, and if it falls or stays in the clutches of the queen, my entire clan that relies on trade there will lose its livelihood and be plunged into poverty. My path his clear.

"Agreed. As soon as Jerin is ready, this ends with the fall of the queen."


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Curnach, you have scry right? I don't so I will need to see where we are going to have a decent shot at it...I better keep a 5th level slot open in case I roll badly...


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Can include it in my prepped spells.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Assume you're all waiting for me to update.

Before you all leave, Jasan supplies you with 2 weeks of trail rations and enough light horses for you all, including any pack horses you wish you keep. He shakes his head at any offers of payment.
"What you have done and are about to do it far too important than me being out of pocket. Go, meet with the Shoanti and save Korvosa's people." he states with a big smile. All his family appear to be packed and ready to get going whereas Vencarlo and Neolandus are also prepped for their jurney.

Vencarlo shakes everyone's hands.
"I'll be sure to find you all once news reaches us of your valiant battle and triumph." he gives a good smile to all, kissing Llyra's hand, again being the suave gentleman he is before he leaves.

Neolandus speaks up.
[b]"Thousand Bones is part of the Skoan-Quah, Clan of the Skull who are believed to guard ancestor spirits. He and his clan are willing to be civil with Korvosa to the others dislike and as you said, you helped Thousand Bones so he will help all he can. They are at the Kallow Mounds, 50 miles east of Kaer Maga.

You get your chance to prepare for teleport as Jerin casts his spell.

1d100 ⇒ 31

You arrive in the city of Kaer Maga. A city that has seen many people travel through it, however it's also a more decrepid place than most with many cut-throats hanging around.

Don't have RotRL to look up the description of the city, but that's the suggestion the AP gives me.

The land beyond on the otherside of this town is a far sandy area, known to be incredibly inhospitable. The Cinderlands. A place, many people with short-sighted views say, worethless and dangerous place that only the crazed Shoanti barbarians can live in, however there is some true to the words for the Cinderlands are prone to bleching flames across the land or even attacks of ash storms.

Many people here seem to be trying to move close to you all. You're experience with less-hospitable places of Korvosa tell you that they're after you're coin.

you can scare them with a intimidate check.

DM:

Curnach: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
Jerin: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Llyra: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
Krenn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Trinia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

There are a few exits of the city, but you find the out that leads to the east-side of the river and will give you the best direction to your destination.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Llyra looks at the encroaching group and draws her exquisite black rapier while staring down those who are coming toward the party.

The Savored Sting demands vengeance. Those who stand in our way shall be eliminated as collateral damage.

Not a great intimidate, could use a few aid another's here.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.

Um. Look elsewhere for aid, I fear.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The fact Llyra drew her blade certainly got the attention of those who were ready to go for your pockets as they jump back, startled by the outburst and continue on they're way, avoiding the group. It appears as if Llyra has parted the sea of people.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Forgot, but if you were able to, you could teleport a few horses, if not you can buy some here for the travel eastwood or other mounts.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Jerin could always fashion a Wand of Mount, or Communal Mount. Or memorize the spell. Nothing like disposable horses.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Druid. No horse required.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

just realised you could try and scry the area, however you have no idea how they'd react if you teleported into their home.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Let's just get them in Kaer Maga...it would take about 5 teleports to get all of the large creatures here...I have 200gp left, I can buy a mount.

Jerin asks a likely passerby for a place near the edge of the city that could supply us with mounts.

diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

He helpfully points out the stables near the edge of the village. There are many different mounts. Not just horses, but nothing as specialised as warhourses.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Deducting 175gp to cover a light horse, combat trained, saddle, bridle and stuff as well as two weeks of food for it.

I have magical shelter covered, so don't worry about tents or anything like that.
We should leave as quickly as we can, the Red Mantis may be looking here for us as well.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Llyra looks at the downtrodden city:
I wonder what vengeance waits to be stoked in this place. For now it will have to wait, but I shall return to see that those who have been harmed have the blessing of the Savored Sting in gaining their retribution.

Llyra nods to Jerin.
Yes, lets get on with our mission. I would enjoy seeing what this town has to offer, but for now Kovosa requires our time.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Curnach nodded solemnly.

The less time wasted in this place the better. I am still waiting to be convinced that our energies could not have been better spent organising a resistance to the Harlot Queen...


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Curnach Daveck wrote:

Curnach nodded solemnly.

The less time wasted in this place the better. I am still waiting to be convinced that our energies could not have been better spent organising a resistance to the Harlot Queen...

if he wants, Curnach could scry or you could say he did whilst you were in Magnimar?


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

We scryed to get to Kaer Maga.


Curnach Daveck wrote:
We scryed to get to Kaer Maga.

what about during downtime? I'm willing to backtrack and say what's been happening there. Also, you have a mount? No idea how you'll be traveling. So far Jerin has a mount, but what about Trinia, Krenn and Llyra.

Tinia gives a weak smile and takes hold of Curnach's hand.
"I believe there will be a resistance, but we do more by learning about the crown." she says confidently "Besides, missed you. My hero."


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Llyra will attempt to barter for some good quality light warhorses. I do not expect to be fighting from horseback, but don't want the horses to throw us.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

You manage to get him to show off which ones are actually of good quality where at some of the others in the area were attempting to sell of nags in place of horses

You can hire our horses, ponys or even riding dogs, though no one here is of small size to use such beasts and the dogs look slightly mangy anyway. He points you to a few of his finest horses and a pony.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

You all notice that this city is dangerous and if people knew who you were, they probably wouldn't even waste time contacting those in power.

There are even trolls here. Obscure priests who tell fortunes by removing their own intestines to see into the future.

If you want I can just assume you all got mounts/paid for mount or however you're traveling and then move on with your jurney?

1 to 50 of 622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne Part 4 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.