Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87

Vencarlo is found and the party now know where the Senachal is, but something still lurks in the shadows of the labyrinth, hunting them down relentlessly.


1,701 to 1,743 of 1,743 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

I'm here. Pit spell needs to be on the map tbh, especially as remaining on an edge of it means he could fall in. I'll take my round 2 action once others have posted.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Wait for me to go Curnach! Jerin will move up so that the Rakshasa is about 25-30 feet away and emit his aura of Despair
* Aura of Despair (Su):9(r)/Day 8 remaining.
emit a 30 aura that gives all enemies -2 on ability checks, attack, damage, saving throws, and skill checks. Should reduce his CMD as well.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Llyra Bjorgan wrote:

Round 2

The spirit of whips again lashes out with her whip, this time at the annoying Snake demon.

SR Check: 1d20+9

Attack: 1d20+10
Damage: 1d10+3 <-- this is force, so there should be no DR

Attack: 1d20+5
Damage: 1d10+3

Did I get an AoO? It looks like the Rashaka is still adjacent to me.
_____________
Llyra moves to Z48, allowing her ally to continue to harass the monster.

He did a concentraition check and just got it off.

The first strike of the whip hit's the Rashaka, but the second fails to land.

updated MAP


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Delay until after Jerin and then...

Once Jerin had made his play, Curnach conjured a surge of water in an attempt to push the Rakshasha into Jerin's pit.

CMB (Bull Rush): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31

Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The water smashes into the Rashaka, senting him down the pit head-first.

falling damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 4) = 12

Hungry Pit damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 3, 5) = 18

Round 3

Order:
Vencarlo
Krenn Whetstone
Avidexu (Rashaka)
Llyra Bjorgan
Jerinthian Kos
Curnach Daveck
Emporor Cobras (dead)

MAP

Vencarlo is on perminant delay as he can't do anything with the Rashaka in the pit and if Krenn does nothing.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Avidexu continues to struggle to clamber out of the pit and is unable to grab onto the course area around the pit.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Seeing the rashaka fall into the pit, Llyra gets a vengeful smile and directs her spiritual ally to follow down into the pit and continue attacking.

Swift Action: The spiritual ally moves into the pit and continues attacking.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Krenn keeps a readied action to attack any enemies that approach, either the rashaka if it gets out or any creature it may be able to summon to attack.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Aron, you might want to roll 8 more rounds of crushing and Ally attacks to see if that finishes the Raksi.
I imagine the snakes are pretty much done for?


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Additional rounds - if necessary and since I do not think the Rakshasa can climb out..

Ally Attacks:

Round 4

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 5

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Round 6

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Round 7

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Round 8

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Round 9

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Round 10

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14
Jerin wrote:

Aron, you might want to roll 8 more rounds of crushing and Ally attacks to see if that finishes the Raksi.

I imagine the snakes are pretty much done for?

Unless he has a spell that would allow him to get out, in which case concentration rolls until he succeeds or is out of spell slots/memorized spells.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Oops, misses one potential crit confirm last night.

Round 4
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Curnach created an Aqueous Orb spell and sent it down into the pit.

It gets there next round when he moves it. Plan is that if the Rakshasha fails its reflex save it can be chomped on by the pit and take damage within the orb simultaneously.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

That is good, because my Spiritual Ally's attack rolls really sucked.

Although if the Dex is reduced by 4, a few more attacks will likely hit.

@ DM Aron - can Krenn shoot his bow into the pit?


Sorry if I wasn't clear, the snakes died in that first round. The first one was wounded by Llyra's spiritual ally and died from falling whilst the second died from being crushed.

4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 3) = 13

4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 5) = 17

4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 1) = 10

4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6, 3) = 16

4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6, 4) = 17

4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 6, 2) = 14

4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 6, 5) = 17

4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3) = 11

The Rashaka, unable to escape the pit is crushed into oblivion along with the remains of his pets. Once the spell goes their bodies are returned to the floor, crushed and smashed from the spell.

Vencarlo shakes his head at the sight
Another evil driven from Korvosa." he states, looking back to Neolandus who, in his state, is just managing to get to his knees, but he is still too weak to walk and Varncarlo spots the boat down at the dock. "I know you all want to stay here for a little longer, but me and my friend are the queen's main targets. If possible, to keep him hidden we'll need a amulet of proof against detection. That way the queen, nor the red mantis will follow." he hands over his gear back to the group "I'm too old to play at hero. I hope you can use these items to help in your endevors."


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

I cast Detect Magic and scan the Rakshasa and the rest of the room.

Thank you Vencarlo. While I hate to do it, I think that we to will soon have to leave the city. We have seen this faux queen's power, whether it be demonic, infernal or undeath, I do not know. But I assume that it is one of them and until we know what and how to defeat her, we must be wary. For this, your equipment will be appreciated.

Turning to the others. What next. We need to make sure that Neolandus is safely removed from this city. But after that, how do we strike back at those who have harmed our city. If it takes time, that is fine, but I will have revenge on those who would cause pain to my home, my city, my Kovosa.


"I'm afraid the only way to save Korvosa is to leave it." he says solmnly "The crown she wears was in the vaults before Korvosa existed and it was all Shoanti land. The only people who might know anything, are the shoanti tribes, however many shoanti claim this to be their land and will not welcome you with open lands. I have not met many from the tribes. The only one I know of is Thousand Bones and he tries to broker a peace as his tribe only wishes to live in their ancestral lands peacefully. Some however...well many lost their lives when the shoanti acted violently in the past and colouring many people's perceptions." he explains as Neolandus continues to struggle to try and stand and atleast look dignified.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

I think we are about ready to leave.
I don't think one more day will add to your danger. This will give us time to gather a few things and then we can escort you to this hidden location that won't be very hidden without the things we are looking to pick up.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Seeing Neolandus still struggling, Llyra walks over and places her hands on him:
May the Savored Sting bless you so that you may bring retribution upon those who have harmed our great town.

Cast CLW in place of Weapons Against Evil: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The healing has done him some good, but the torture had been going on for weeks. What he really needs is someplace safe to stay for him to rest and be well fed.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

so what's the plan? Leave with Vencarlo and Neolandus or try to sell your stuff in this increasingly dangerous city? Also he asked if you have the amulet of proof against detection to keep Neolandus safe.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

So they are not willing to wait a day and are going to leave without us? I think our decision depends on theirs a little. As much as I want to grab some stuff protected them would be Jerin's higher priority...


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

With the amulet given to Neolandus, I would think that would buy us a little time. Can one of us slip into the city for an hour to gauge the condition of the city? If it is already in such a state that regular commerce is shutting down, then we may not be able to buy and sell as we'd like.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

We would put that on him right away and finish healing and feeding him.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

you could convince them to wait a day, but with the queen after them who knows what might happen in a day? Grey Maidens, Red Mantis or something else unheard of. you can attempt to walk amungst the people as long as you disguise yourselves. Old Korvosa is shut off from the rest due to the epidemic that hasn't cleared up here yet, but that won't stop anyone who might be searching for you. most of what you know is whispers that the queen as declared martial law so commerce is definantly going ot be difficult.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

If Jerin can teleport, it might be just as easy to escape and then teleport to Magnimar or Katapesh or Absalom and just go shopping there. Heck, I could describe some of these towns for him if he needs a place to target for arrival.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Jerin grew up with a father who was a fairly well to do merchant...he may have been to at least magnimar in the past so he should be able to at least go there. I am fine with that plan, let's move things along and just leave town.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

So unless AK feels strongly about not going, we'll head out. Krenn will stay close to Neolandus, serving as the ever vigilant bodyguard while we work our way out of the city.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

I'm happy with any plan that involves selling the ridiculous amount of stuff (including furniture) that we have looted. It goes without saying we'll be in disguise and with a teleport available while shopping. Bear in mind with at will Alter Self and a ludicrous perception score its nigh impossible to track Curnach without him knowing about it or foiling it anyway.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Hey everyone, it is Curnach the orc, elf, halfling, dwarf, Varisian, Kellite, Garundi, . . . Yeh, you might be a little tough to track.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

At this point lets just leave town and go to another major city to seel the good so we don't really have to worry about looking over our shoulders all of he time.
Aron, how much time to plan to give us between chapters roughly?
Should we go ahead and start leveling????


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

wow, do I speak english often??? That last post was terrible....


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14
Jerin wrote:
wow, do I speak english often??? That last post was terrible....

Lol - yeh, looks like you forgot to do a little spell checking.


Your Humble Narrator

Redot.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Don't worry i'm terrible with spelling when I decide to make rush posts, just cause at times I feel so guilty for not posting in a while. The AP suspects that you basically jump right into Herse after this and then after that you go on your path trying to find out what could defeat or even negate the Crown of Fangs as you've seen for yourself, she's immortal as long as she wears it.

I'll give you a week at the least. That's the longest possible time it would be for the queen to realise you can't be in the city any longer. What are your plans for Vencarlo and Neolandus though? Vencarlo has a few friends in Harse so we can find a place for them to hide out without attracting attention for themselves. I believe you gained the amulet that he is requesting for Neolandus since he is the only one who has evidence on the queen and you can assume she doesn't know who he might've told.

Plus, who says you'd be safe in another city? Red Mantis have operatives everywhere.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

I was referring to the fact that teleporting into a city that they are not sure we might go to would be much more difficult to ambush us. Of course with the two of them tucked away they can take their best shot :)
Plus we can still go in disguise...


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Yes, Krenn may stand out, but he can stay with our NPCs. The other three have means of disguise.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

So you have the ability to teleport, then that'll be fine. Vencarlo and Neolandus will head to Harse, Vencarlo will keep an eye out for your return. Also you are free to level up.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

The plan was to accompany them to Harse and then teleport to Magnimar to buy/sell. Then we can teleport back to them.
Will start to work on my leveling.
Krenn, do you have the cash totals from the treasure?


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, the discussion on finances is still going on in the OOC thread.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Krenn is updated and ready to go!

Ignoring the two dignitaries, Krenn addresses his resourceful companions. "So, what is the plan from here?"


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Give me a sec. I'll post up a continuation tomorrow. Far too tired now and been really ill all week,


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

No worries. Here in the states, it is a national holiday. One where we tend to travel to see family and eat far, far too much. More so than Americans already do. I look forward to seeing the next move when it is comfortable and convenient for you!


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

ahh yes. Thanksgiving or as one of my many od friends say. Happy Turky Murder Day. Also it's a horrible time to have the holiday. For instance, Doug Walker's music video explains how much of a stress it must be at this time of the year with three holidays all bunched together.

Note: Not safe for work. Swearing.

1,701 to 1,743 of 1,743 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Part 3 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.