Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87

Vencarlo is found and the party now know where the Senachal is, but something still lurks in the shadows of the labyrinth, hunting them down relentlessly.


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,743 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

"If you three don't want to spend your precious magicks on something like this, I can lead the way. I got these..."

After a moment of rummaging in his pouch, he produces vials of antitoxin and antivenom.

"The alchemist assured me they'd help ward off diseases and poison. I could take them and you can give me a bit of a head start. Just let me know which way you think I should go."


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Sounds like a fine idea Krenn, drink away and let's find out what is in here.
Jerin waits for Krenn to move into the room.

Don't pull anything until we are in the room though.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Krenn drinks both alchemical solutions, readies his shield. He enters the room, pauses while Curnach's keen eyes seek out any hidden traps or foes, and then makes a slow circuit around the room.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Lets just make sure that we all stay close enough together that these twisting chambers do not split us up again.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Krenn Weststone wrote:
Krenn drinks both alchemical solutions, readies his shield. He enters the room, pauses while Curnach's keen eyes seek out any hidden traps or foes, and then makes a slow circuit around the room.

Nothing appears to happen as Krenn enters and moves around the room. The mold on the wall does nothing as it appears to be purely just normal mold that grew there due to the dead body parts thre possibly littered it.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

I cast detect magic and scan the room that Krenn is looking at.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Llyra Bjorgan wrote:
I cast detect magic and scan the room that Krenn is looking at.

No magic detected at all besides the auras being given off by the group and their many magic items.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Let's make sure there are no trpas on the hidden door or the lever and move up together and pull it.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14
Jerin wrote:
Let's make sure there are no trpas on the hidden door or the lever and move up together and pull it.

Krenn nods in agreement at Jerin's comment. He stands aside so that Curnach can take a close look (his standard take 20), but is ready to intervene if something unfortunate happens (ready with bodyguard feat).


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Curnach usually takes 10 (take 10 = 31 I think, 33 with my doing a take 10 aid another) so that we do not waste too much time. My Bless is up for 18 minutes from when I cast it. So hopefully we can find our next opponent before it wears out.


As stated, nothing there. All fungi is small stuff that's common and grown from the bits of bodies that used to be there.

Zellara appears near Curnach and looks to the orbs.
"I can interact with them. Being a spirit that cannot harm me and I can return to the deck." she points out as she wishes to help the group in any possible way "We need to rescue the Senechal and find out why the queen is so powerful and to save Korvosa, this city I loved in life."


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

By all means then, feel free to touch them Zellara. We are very interested to see what happens!
It would be a great help to us, thank you.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Llyra nods in agreement, carefully watching for anything that may occur.


She takes her time, touching the golden orb first, returning moment's later.
"It led to a prison cell." she states as she tries the next orb and after trying each one she returns and looks to the group. "The same thing happened each time." she then looks at the lever to the side, the one that appears to be connected to orbs magically.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Could you see anything beyond the prison cell Zellara?


Jerin wrote:
Could you see anything beyond the prison cell Zellara?

She shakes her head.

"I just came right back here. Was stuck in a large room with many cells, viewing a torture chamber with a poor man strapped to a stretching rack and being tortured be a evil giant woman with six arms." she explains and as appears saddened by what she saw and points to the lever. "Have you used that?" she pointed to the lever that is in the down position when the group entered and from detect magic and spellcraft, is connected to the orbs, though what it does no one knows.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Sounds like it might be the Demon woman and maybe the senechal or Vencarlo. We should cast a few preparatory spells and go through the teleport globe.
Once we get to the cell I can cast knock and open our way out. We should then destroy it and free them. Any thoughts?
I guess we can only go one at a time since we have to touch it?

spellcraft 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

Jerin will cast shield again and mirror image on himself.
He will cast stoneskin & Heroism on Krenn and have his scroll of haste out to cast once he walks through the portal.
Jus before touching the portal he will cast Vanish on himself.


Jerin wrote:

Sounds like it might be the Demon woman and maybe the senechal or Vencarlo. We should cast a few preparatory spells and go through the teleport globe.

Once we get to the cell I can cast knock and open our way out. We should then destroy it and free them. Any thoughts?
I guess we can only go one at a time since we have to touch it?

spellcraft 1d20+18

Jerin will cast shield again and mirror image on himself.
He will cast stoneskin & Heroism on Krenn and have his scroll of haste out to cast once he walks through the portal.
Jus before touching the portal he will cast Vanish on himself.

"There were hundreds of cells, all small single person cells. You could unlock one, but do you have enough of that spell to unlock everyone's cell?" she asks as she looks at you. "The man wasn't Vencarlo, I would've recognised him. Do you know what this lever does?" she asks pointing at the lever stuck in the wall, opposite the one that rotates the dungeon.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

I made a long post like 2 days ago and it is not here, no clue what I had said, but was pretty sure I was asking about what the areas outside of the cells looked like, which seems to have been answered.

I do not trust the cells having been locked in too many in my younger days. Perhaps the lever is the answer. The other's got us this far.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Feeling the arcane forces flow through him and empowering him, Krenn adds "I am willing to try the other lever; I feel as ready for a fight as I'll ever be!"

If Curnach and Jerin agree, Krenn is willing to pull the level in case there are "individualized" consequences.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

That's fine, let's pull the lever then.
Jerin will cast extended shield, but hold off on the Vanish and Mirror image.
We will have to move quickly though so we don't waste my spells on Krenn.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

I stay close by Krenn to avoid getting split up again.

Don't forget, the Bless should still be working unless we have been chatting for 18 minutes since I cast it.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

I believe AK is still traveling, so let's go with that.

Krenn again readies his shield and uses his free hand to pull down the lever.


When the lever is moved into the upwards position the orbs shimmer for a moment, but appear to be unchanged in colour. Again, the area is rotated from the mysterious creature that is following you.

MAP

Zellara looks to the group.
"Which orb first and what one after that?" she asks, hoping to find a place to get to before this thing gets too close to the group.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Just go clockwise and start with the yellow or gold Orb? By the way, did the cell just open up into other cells or if I open up that door will it lead me into the chamber where the person is being tortured?


"Let me check." she says, going to the golden orb and then returning "It took me to a area with a pool. Let me try the others."

She touches the green orb and immediately returns.
"It's Vencarlo! He's chained to a throne and badly wounded. A throne made for a huge creature!" she exclaims, not touching another orb as she assumed you all wish to use this one to get to Vencarlo.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Yes, unless someone stops him, Krenn will lead the way via the green orb.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Green is good, green is nature - er, wait, green is chlorine gas, maybe green not so good.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Very well. Lets rescue him. Curnach says, touching the orb at the same time as Krenn just after casting a spell that wreathed his body, dragonhide armour and dragonhide shield in gentle, light blue flames that did not seem to harm him.

Cast Fire Shield just before going in (Chill Shield version). Llyra and Krenn are still under the effects of Death Ward and Feather Step and Krenn has Barkskin (+4 AC).


You are all transported instantly into a large and lavishly made (for this place) room with a large throne where a creature of an immense size must have been. You see, chained up like a rag doll and attached to a statue of Bahor Arkona is the swordsman, Vencarlo Orisini, however he doesn't greet you. His head is slumped over and he has visable wounds from the beating his been recieveing and his shirt torn with bite marks and scratches upon his flesh. You'd think he was dead if it weren't for the haggered breathing.

curnach's knowledge of human anatomy can tell that not only has he been chained here and beaten for days, possibly since the day the group recieved the message but he appears to be suffering from starvation and exhaustion as well as the many bruises and healed cuts (naturally healed) that hs is sporting as well. You doupt you can wake up in his current condition.

Vencarlo is still manacled and Curnach's sharp eyesight catch that there is something odd about the pillow on the throne and a glint of what could be a key beneith.

He's basically at 11 hp and 45 non-leathal damage. He's been in hell since Sivit caught him and it's obvious he is totally unaware of you, let alone that the chambers have even been moving.

Zellara shakes her head at this scene.
"I...I didn't take a good look at him. I just saw him and rushed back." she remains silent, unable to do anything herself, but wishing she could.

Edit: MAP

The area to the south was what has a trapped symbol that you have not yet activated yet.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Perception - Take 10 for Curnach should be 33 with my Aid Another.

Do we see anything? Any traps?

If not, I will go over and see whether I can open the locks on his manacles.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Llyra Bjorgan wrote:

Perception - Take 10 for Curnach should be 33 with my Aid Another.

Do we see anything? Any traps?

If not, I will go over and see whether I can open the locks on his manacles.

Disable Device: 1d20+11

You attempt to pick the lock, however you find that the complex lock seems to resist against you and you don't manage to undo the shackles, pulling out your lockpicks as it remains still locked. Vencarlo still doesn't movie and remains hanging there by the shackles.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Curnach looked amused at Llyra's efforts and plucked the key from underneath the pillow, passing it to her.

Theres no time for me to perform first aid on him... I need an hour or so. We'll use the wand.

Note normal damage and non-lethal healed at the same time/rate.

Curnach or Llyra used the wand five times, improving his condition with each charge.

2d8 + 3 + 2d8 + 3 + 2d8 + 3 + 2d8 + 3 + 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 7) + 3 + (7, 1) + 3 + (5, 4) + 3 + (7, 3) + 3 + (5, 7) + 3 = 65


Vencarlo caughs for a moment and then comes round, smiling at the group.
"I see you got my note..." he smiles and gives a small chuckle. "Please, get the key it's under her pillow. Before she returns." he states. He seems eager to help, however he doesn't appear to have any equipment on him, stripped on any he entered with.

Vencarlo looks over the group more carefully now.
"You havn't found Neolandus? Please, let us go and get him. I've been in the torture chamber where I last saw him. Before entering these spinning Labyrinth there is a passage further down. It leads to what appears to be a blank wall, but do not be fooled. It is an illusion and there are other walls that are illusions. He is behind those walls and guarded be a evil creature, looking like a giant attractive woman with six arms." he breaths,still recovering slightly as he is still exhausted and starving.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Perhaps you want to take a minute to get prepared. We have some of your equipment, I have been using your beautiful rapier, but we have the armor and other items that you had hidden in your home. Seemed better that we take it and use it than to leave if for more Mantis Assassins who seemed to be hanging out there.


Llyra Bjorgan wrote:
Perhaps you want to take a minute to get prepared. We have some of your equipment, I have been using your beautiful rapier, but we have the armor and other items that you had hidden in your home. Seemed better that we take it and use it than to leave if for more Mantis Assassins who seemed to be hanging out there.

"My rapier?" he raises his eyebrow and then sighs, giving a nod. "So you must also know I am Blackjack. As much as I'd like to fill you in, we need to save my friend before he's killed. He can fill us in on what's going on with the queen and where she gained these new powers from."


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Where is he? Do you know where all these twisting passages lead? We have been in here for a while.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

At Llyra's comment to Vencarlo, Krenn stows his shield and gets out the bag of holding. He'll rummage through the impossible about of items in it to get Vencarlo's equipment out.


"Back at the entrace to the labyrinth. Down the corridor are fake walls." he explains to the group as he gets equipped. Once dressed he seems to have improved, but still looks exhausted and warn out, yet now he's atleast equipped.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Well, lets find those fake walls. This place is trapped with these symbols.

After pausing for a moment, she turns back to Vencarlo:

As a question, who was torturing you? That Rakshasa b!tch or was it the demon that we are searching for?


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Those wards on you and Krenn aren't going to last long enough for talking Curnach pointed out grimly.

Curnach would try and touch the orb at the same time as Krenn, just after casting Fire Shield. It is round/level so keen to get going!


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Agreed - onward.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

no orbs in this room. You'll have to make your way through that tunnel.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

I carefully begin to scan the passageway as we move onward - take 10 to assist Curnach --> Take 10 should be 33.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Sorry, brainfart on my part. Fire Shield will expire by the time we got Vencarlo healed etc.

Vencarlo, your in no condition to fight. Stay at the back.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Krenn will walk in front, keeping a keen eye out for trouble. He's ready to impose himself between the rest and any trouble that comes along.


Curnach Daveck wrote:

Sorry, brainfart on my part. Fire Shield will expire by the time we got Vencarlo healed etc.

Vencarlo, your in no condition to fight. Stay at the back.

"Heh, when I was your age I rescued a young noble lady from a evil man who attempted to marry her just to steal her family fortune. It was just me between her and 20 hellknights that served him. Ahh, those were the days." he smiles as he looks at his mask and sighs as the memories. "Also I don't believe we've met, miss?" Vencarlo asks as he puts on the charms, bowing and taking her hand, kissing it gently.

What are you going to do about the symbol in the centre of the hall to stop it activating? You are all aware of it last time you were down here.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Which symbol? Didn't we just skirt around the edges last time, facing away from it?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Curnach Daveck wrote:
Which symbol? Didn't we just skirt around the edges last time, facing away from it?

It's in the corridor that leads south. You covered one in the other part, but not this part I believe.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14
Vencarlo Orisini AKA DM wrote:

"Also I don't believe we've met, miss?" Vencarlo asks as he puts on the charms, bowing and taking her hand, kissing it gently.

Which hall and which symbol? We have been in so many, that I am a little confused on where we are.

Llyra looks back at Vencarlo. I believe we met briefly when the queen was attacked, or should I say, when the queen laughed as a crossbow bolt was shot through her throat. I am Llyra and I am here to help rescue you and your friend while we attempt to figure out what is going on with the rulers of this great city.

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,743 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Part 3 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.