Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87

Vencarlo is found and the party now know where the Senachal is, but something still lurks in the shadows of the labyrinth, hunting them down relentlessly.


601 to 650 of 1,743 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Yeh, I will coup de gras if Krenn does not mind.

If Krenn or Jerin want to add anything, or stop me, that is fine. Just posting while my mind is on this.

Once I have given the people enough time to show their hatred of Pilts, I walk up and carefully line up Krenn's axe.

May you suffer in the Nine Hells, or more likely the Abyss, for all eternity.

I then swing the great axe and hopefully remove his head from his spindly neck.

Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (5, 3) + 6 = 25

Once the head is off, I turn to the crowd.

The will of the Savored Sting is done. My vengeance toward this atrocity is finished. Do with the body what you will. Drag it through the streets or feed it to the mongrels. The choice is yours. My vengeance here is done.

With that, I wipe off Krenn's axe on Pilts' shirt, hand the axe to him, turn and leave the square.
______________
Damn - Krenn ninjaed me.

Hope that I am not living up to your expectations of a Calistrian from you previous experience.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Curnach Daveck wrote:
Don't assume, see Llyra's last post ;).

sorry was ninja'd. Swear there was't a post before I posted lol.

Krenn lifts the blade and before the crowd and in one swift blade movement the head of the self proclaimed emperor of Korvosa seporates from his body and the crowd cheers in triumph as the menace that has been plaguing this city whilst it was in Quarentine has been killed.

The people all thank you for freeing them and hope to have the town brought back to normal, now that the they believe the evil has been purged and they can now get back to their daily lives whilst the plague, still in this part of the city runs it's course.

Edit: Damn, ninja'd. And no, don't worry you are nothing like the other calistrians.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Where will the group go with Salvatore? Into the sewers to try and find the wererats?


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Krenn has no problem letting Llyra carry it out. He'll provide some crowd control to make sure she has plenty of room.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Jerin spends all of his time making sure any food stuffs in the emperor's dwelling is given out to the crowd. and making sure the crowd know who accomplished these deeds.

Will we need to get back over the river to see the Wererats or do we think that the sewers connect the mainland to the island?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The pipes lead straight into the water, however there's a good chance that wererats will be here, especially as the theives guild needs to have eyes everywhere.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Lol - yeh, I doubt that the poorer part of the city would be the only one without rats, and wererats. I say we find a sewer entrance and investigate, we already know where one is as we wiped out that whole group of Otyughs earlier. Heck, I am sure that that battle attracted many of the denizens of the sewers to see the destruction.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

yeah I'll move it along.

You find a sewer entrance and find that the design of the sewers is much older and less maintained that the others, but you can see maintained torches here and soon run into a pack of wererats who get their weapons out to attack unti one of them cries out for them to stop. Before you appears a wererat with a bit mark in his ear.

He looks down at the group and turns to the others.
"These are the Heroes of Korvosa. They spared me as well as many other wererats who listened to Girrigz. We owe them our lives." he explains and then turns to the group as the other wererats put their blades away. "Welcome to Old Korvosa sewers, heroes of Korvosa. I see tales were true about you all leaving the main city. I hear the queen's Grey Maidens are searching the city for you with no luck. They raised the Three Rings."


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Aron:

Don't forget that Jerin spent part of his break associating and developing the Wererats as a tool he could use for information and to get him unseen around the city. It was part of this conversation:
Wererate recruitment


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jerin wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Jerin:

I did forget, but wererats aren't stupid and wouldn't see a point in revealing this in front of everyone as I'm sure Jerin doesn't want everyone to know that he's been gathering up information and ect.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Weren't you going to try to open the box you got from Vencarlo's place, Curnach?


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

For the gazillionth time, yes when I next prepare spells I will probably prepare something to deal with it lol.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

ok. Anyone going to answer his question as to why you've entered the sewers?


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:

ok. Anyone going to answer his question as to why you've entered the sewers?

Was looking for a question and didn't see one??

What are the three rings?

We are looking for a safe place to rest before going on to our next task. Can you lead us somewhere? Thank you...


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jerin wrote:
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:

ok. Anyone going to answer his question as to why you've entered the sewers?

Was looking for a question and didn't see one??

What are the three rings?

We are looking for a safe place to rest before going on to our next task. Can you lead us somewhere? Thank you...

The Three Rings was the Tavern you often frequented, home to Theandra Darklight. The place you have been spending time sleepingin the early parts of your adventure.

He smiles and nods.
"Anything, for the heroes of Korvosa." he leads the group and everyone back to a area where their nest is. Here it seems as if the area was built for the wererats with many alcoves for sleeping and furnature from the surface, though very old and stained. They can provide bedrolls and blankets if needed and a private area if you wish to sleep away from the wererats since they know you may perfer to have privacy away from the group. Some leave, wanting to go back to their surface life now the emporor is dead to continue their lives. Many of them revert to their human form, feeling more comfortable like this and hoping to make oyu all feel more at home, staying guard the entire night.

You all get a full night's rest for spell preperation and everything in the morning.

In the morning the leader returns to the group.
"Glorio Arkona is lookng for you. It seems that he is pleased with what you have done and wishes to reward you." he explains to the group that the word has gone out and the city is slowly returning to normalcy. "Arkonas pay well and they own many businesses all over the city."

Jerin:

One of the wererats takes you to the side to speak privately.
"Is there any information you want? I and the others have kept their ears to the ground. If you need to know anything, tell me for we have seen many thing." he says as he turns human so you can better recognise him as one of those you have looked after well. He seems well-fed too compared to the others.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Sorry was late at night. I meant that they raided the tavern looking for you.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

DM Aron:

You have done well Fariz., he let's it sink that that Jerin remember's the wererat's name and puts his hand on the man's shoulder.
Times are about to become more difficult though. The city may need your help more than you realize. The Queen is an evil beyond what we have thought. She brought the disease to Korvosa. She is the one that forces its citizens into hiding. We don't have the power to face her...yet...
You and the rest can help though. Here. Contact Commander Croft and give her this.
, a sealed scroll is handed over.
It says that the bearer of this message can be trusted. Lend her your aid. She is our allie. In order to stand against the Queen we must stand together. Gather the others and start to ready yourselves. Your knowledge of the sewers is going to be important in the days to come. Croft may need your knowledge to use against the Queen. Talk to Eries and make sure she agrees though.
In case I don't see you for a while, let me have a personal possession, I may be able to contact you through it at a later date. Also the alcove in the back. I have studied it. I may use magic to return there at some point. Keep it clear. This is for you as well.
, Jerin hands him a bag with 5 100gp gems.
Use it to arm yourselves as needed. Now to information.
What have the Arkonas been up to since the quaranteen?
Can you give me any other information about their mansion?
We think they have someone we want. Have your heard anything?
How guarded is their compound? Do you know anythin about the Arkonas themselves, like their skills or powers?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Jerin:

Fariz appears surprised that you have actually taken the time to remember his name. He smiles and gives an affirmative nod when explained what to do and where to go as he hands over a small trinket of his own. A copper ring.
"Please don't lose it. We do not have much down here, but it is important to me." he warns and at the information he nods and thinks for a moment.

"The Arkonas are the same as they have ever been. The use their servants to go out shopping so you almost never see them and the only time they ever left their home was to visit a high society event. Now in quarentine they can't do that and havn't left their home. It is a huge palace and no matter what attempt, there seems to be ways made to stop anyone from entering. They have human guards who remain at their posts and many magical traps outside the walls so we have never been able to see the inside." at the mention of someone you are looking for he gives a knowing nod "The Senechel, Neolandus Kalepopolis. Yes we saw Vencarlo escort him to the Arkonas, but if he is still in the building none of us can say. We havn't see him leave the building but none of us have seen him looking out the windows. All we know about the protections is that they have many human guards patrolling the areas and thich powerful doors. The doors are always unlocked though meaning that they do not believe anyone would attempt to break in to their home. Either they are that powerful or they are far too arrogant. Beyond that I know nothing else."


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

DM Aron:

Thank you Fariz, it tell us more about them than you know.
Too long have your kind been forced to hide in the shadows. Continue your loyalty to me and you and yours will rise with me.

Jerin returns a little later with some news...
It appears as though Neolandus may be still with the Arkonas. He might have been moved through magical means but probably not normally. The palace is well guarded and has many magical traps to keep out intruders. Also, it appears that you can walk in once yo get past this, I guess they believe themselves strong enough that locks aren't necessary. They rarely leave their palace so we will probably have to go to them.
We are a little better armed with information, but should we meet with Glorio and learn more?

Jerin's spell selection is updated. Ready to go.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Yes. We can attempt some attempt at diplomacy but I expect in the end, we'll end up storming their mansion.

Not done spell prep yet, sorry. Busy day.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Curnach Daveck wrote:

Yes. We can attempt some attempt at diplomacy but I expect in the end, we'll end up storming their mansion.

Not done spell prep yet, sorry. Busy day.

It's kk. I'm double checking something with James Jacobs as he said the group should be 9th level before the next part, however you guys bulldozed the last area at 7th level so I don't see a reason with adding another level, but just going to see what James says first.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

If one of you wants to look at my spell selection it would be appreciated. I have not played cleric often and am unsure what spells are best.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Llyra Bjorgan wrote:
If one of you wants to look at my spell selection it would be appreciated. I have not played cleric often and am unsure what spells are best.

hmmm...very hard for me to say without metagaming. One thing I do often my cleric is always have restoration spells because my DM likes to make up poisons that damage ALL ability scores. Gah. Well for spells that you can use in any situation I suggest the following. 3rd-Blindness/Deafness (usually to blind. Can be very horrible to be blinded), Wrathful Mantle (adds a bonus to saves, which is good if you don't have a cloak of resistance and at your level you can grant a +2 to all saves). 2nd-Restoration, lesser (you never know if the group might get hit by an ability damaging attack, as I explained further up why I always prepare this) 1st-Shield of Faith is a good choice and so is burning disarm if you are going to face people with weapons so that they are disarmed. Beyond that I can't help you without being meta or accidently letting something slip.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Lol - I was actually expecting the comments from my mates, but your comments are well taken. Thanks.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Llyra Bjorgan wrote:
Lol - I was actually expecting the comments from my mates, but your comments are well taken. Thanks.

Thought I'd give you my 2 cents as I play a high level cleric.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Some general advice rather than spell suggestions first- your Wisdom score isn't through the roof high so I would avoid anything DC based VS a single foe. Your always going to be behind the higher level spells with those rogue levels so focus on self and group buff.

Looking at your current spells memorised at Level 1, don't bother with two blesses- switch one out for Divine Favor for +2 to your attacks and damage (applies to trip attempts too). Keep a shield of faith for yourself and remember it also applies to your CMD, we won't need two of them. A protection against evil spells never a bad choice, its the extra saving throw against mental effects thats the real reason to prep it.

Level 2- Lesser Restoration assumes we actually fail saves normally, but its usually good to have 1 prepped. Aron's experience is a bit overkill. Pilfering hand is ok as you have magical knack contributing to it, the disarms pretty nice. Communal protection from evil isn't really necessary, too much of the bonuses overlap with what we have. Silence is likely to cripple us as we're a very spell dependent party. So I recommend Death Knell, for the caster level bonus in particular, and Spear of Purity is a nice spell for you as it uses a ranged touch attack.

Level 3- No magic circle against evil for the same reasons as communal protection from evil. I would suggest replacing it with prayer, which gives us all bonuses and the enemies all penalties; with no saving throw. I recommend against Archon's Aura for two reasons, one it allows a save and two, your normally 15 feet from the front lines with a whip so the amount of people you effect is limited. Searing Lights pretty good but better VS undead, i'd consider an Invisibility Purge as unless Curnach can successfully predict an enemy will use invisibility first and tag him with Faerie Fire, we have no way to deal with invisibility.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

I figured Archon's Aura was pretty good. Yes, it does allow a save, but if they fail, it is -2 AC, -2 attack and -2 to saves. As long as I am standing behind Krenn, nobody can hit me to cancel it against them and it makes them all that much easier nor Krenn to slaughter. Also, the save is Will, which most melee monsters/NPCs tend to have lower saves in. And it is 1 minute per level, so even if there are a few saves thrown in, it still lasts for 8 minutes with my higher CL.
.
I like the Pilfering Hand as mages usually have lower CMD and I get a free wand out of the deal.
.
I had Invisibility Purge before and added it back.
.
I made all the changes except for dropping Archon's Aura for Searing Light. Plus, the chaotic nature of the spell definitely fits with my deity - same thing with Pilfering Hand.
.
Thanks for the advice.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

The next morning, Curnach gets Vencarlo's metal box and begins a complex ritual. Calling upon his Druidic powers and concentrating, he places a hand upon it and the metal rusts, tearing apart and becoming useless. Opening the ruined metal box with ease, he examines the contents.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The box rusts apart, breaking to peices and revealing a bag of holding (type 1) and inside you find a black hooded cloak of Elvenkind, several black masks, a dozen masterwork daggers with a stylized "B" engraved in their pommels, a black leather suit of armour (+2 slick leather armour), a pair of black leather boots of elvenkinds, an amulet of proof against detection and location, a pair of black leather gloves (with two fingers in the right hand containing fake, posable wooden fingers), a black belt of incredible dexterity +2 and a equisite mithral +2 keen rapier.

All those of you who were there are the botched execution of Sabina Merrin recognise that these are the cloths that the infamous Blackjack wore that day. Right down to the rapier. Anyone who were to wear all these things could potentially be seen as Blackjack.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

I knew that he was Blackjack, I knew all along... Curnach mutters as he shows his findings to the others.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Interesting, so, do we pretend to be Blackjack? Or keep the equipment with us and return it to Vencarlo when we find him?


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

If he entered the Arkonas palace and didn't return, we can only assume they are villains of some nature... We must be on our guard. Use any of his equipment that you see a use for, but keep the insignia concealed. I have no use for any of it.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

The bag of holding could be useful, but it is heavy so Krenn should probably carry it. I have no use for any of the equipment either.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

As long as that gear is so recognizable, I don't think I would use any of it. I'll be glad to carry it all in the bag of holding until we either encounter Vencarlo or decide what else to do with it.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Krenn Weststone wrote:
As long as that gear is so recognizable, I don't think I would use any of it. I'll be glad to carry it all in the bag of holding until we either encounter Vencarlo or decide what else to do with it.

It's recognisable if all used together. You could still use, say just the rapier and no one would make the connection. It needs to be a full set and the mask to end up looking like Blackjack. The only thing that could be intentified by itself would be the knives with the "B" on them.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

The belt and the rapier appear to be something that I could use. Especially the rapier as it allows me to land more vicious hits. Lets keep the rest in the bag. The amulet might also be useful if we wish to enter a magically guarded place.

I will add the belt and rapier unless someone say otherwise.

@DM Aron - what do you mean by Equisite? I do not see that as a magical power.

Also, I already have a Belt of Giant Strength +2, so if I take the Dex Belt, then the Belt of Strength is available. I know that Curnach and Jerin rarely need strength, but +2 is +2.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Llyra Bjorgan wrote:

The belt and the rapier appear to be something that I could use. Especially the rapier as it allows me to land more vicious hits. Lets keep the rest in the bag. The amulet might also be useful if we wish to enter a magically guarded place.

I will add the belt and rapier unless someone say otherwise.

@DM Aron - what do you mean by Equisite? I do not see that as a magical power.

Also, I already have a Belt of Giant Strength +2, so if I take the Dex Belt, then the Belt of Strength is available. I know that Curnach and Jerin rarely need strength, but +2 is +2.

Sorry mis-spelling. Meant Exquisit as in very, beautiful and well made. No special rules for that, it just looks much better than most rapiers.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Ok, was wondering about that. The fact that it is Keen rocks. Now need to get Agile added to it. Actually need to get the Butterfly Sting Feat now.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

As stated, Curnach has no interest in any of it. Especially a strength belt when hes wearing one for constitution. We really need to do a proper loot split soon.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Aron meant exquisite, as he didn't spell it right the second time either :).

Curnach sees Llyra's brief hesitation and encourages her.

I'm certain black leather armour isn't so uncommon in Korvosa, don't be foolish. Just keep the insignia knives hidden. We'll return his gear to him if we encounter him, but I fear he may already be in the Boneyard... Lets go meet Glorio. But, keep your eyes peeled. At the first sign of something amiss, we fight.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Jerin:

He nods and smiles. Clearly he likes the idea of being open on the surface. Many of them live like Eries, where she blends into the human population with a normal job, but also has her night life and you get the sense that's become more difficult with a plauge and people looking for anyone to blame.

One of the wererats leads you to the nearest exit that is somewhat out of the way and leads out into a alley, giving you all cover to get out without being spotted. The wererat recovers the area, not wanting to be exposed to the surface.

It's a way so you guys have the chance to buff up before arriving if you think there'll be trouble.

As you make your way into the richer part, passing Vencarlo's burnt down school and still standing home you can tell life here seems a bit more normal than the rest of the city, especially as now the emporor is dead. Soon you come to Palace Arkona where you are approched by six guards with wealthy looking uniforms and armour, moving into your path deliberately.
"What is the business of your visit?" he asks, standing ready with his other men and waiting for a answer.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Curnach casts Keen Senses on approach, as well as Longstrider on himself; as well as approaching in Dwarf form and casting Feather Step on Krenn and Barkskin on Krenn.

+2 on perception checks for 8 minutes, low-light vision gained for 8 minutes, darkvision gained for as long as I stay a Dwarf. 80 minutes of ignoring difficult terrain for Krenn, 8 minutes of +3AC and Flat-Footed AC.

We're here to see Glorio. We've been told hes expecting us.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Curnach Daveck wrote:

Curnach casts Keen Senses on approach, as well as Longstrider on himself; as well as approaching in Dwarf form and casting Feather Step on Krenn and Barkskin on Krenn.

+2 on perception checks for 8 minutes, low-light vision gained for 8 minutes, darkvision gained for as long as I stay a Dwarf. 80 minutes of ignoring difficult terrain for Krenn, 8 minutes of +3AC and Flat-Footed AC.

We're here to see Glorio. We've been told hes expecting us.

The guard nods.

"I see. We heard he's been looking for the ones who killed the emporor. This way." he leads the group with the rest of the guards to the doors. The doors themselves are made of Mahogony and the palace is on the highest point on this island of Korvosa. The grounds are open and decorated here and there with tiny copses of trees, exotic topiary animals (elephants, cobras and tigers being the most common), beautiful flower guardens and equisit fountains. The palace is also breathtaking with golden pillars, high windows that rise to tapered points, minarets and domesdecorated with slender spires in the Vudran style.

The doors are opened and inside it is even more breathtaking. Above the doorway is a black arc with carvings of elephants and a large elephant head with a single eye represented by a blood stone the size of an apple leering down. The walls are made of ebony and carved with depictions of elephants, tigers, monkeys and peacocks, all with shimmering mother-of-pearl eyes. The doors are made of Mahogany and carved with images of what you assume to be a Vudran Deity. A six-armed, four-faced giant riding a tiger with human hands for paws.

Knowledge Religion DC 30:

The deity is the Vudran deity Chamidu, Goddess of Wild Beasts. She is also often depicting weilding weapons in her many arms.

There are exotic plans in clap pots everywhere, filling the room with a rich scent, mingled with that of sandalwood incense burning in brass cencors that hang from the ceiling here and there. the guards leave as they return to their patrols.

A tall, pleasant man with an eyepatch greets you.
"Greetings to Palace Arkona. My name is Carnochan, the palace majordomo." he bows graciously "What business do you have at the Palace Arkona? A audience or to offer a tribute?" he now smiles as he awaits for a response.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

You don't already know? You don't seem to be particularly well informed for a man in your position...


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Jerin casts mage armor as well as detect magic when he gets within sight of the front gate. He will say little, looking to view and try to determine magical aura's whenever he has enough time.
He tells the others what he is doing and asks them to linger as beautiful sights and objects come into view within the palace, to give him an excuse to run the full detect for as long as he can....


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Curnach Daveck wrote:
You don't already know? You don't seem to be particularly well informed for a man in your position...

He scratches his chin as he looks at you.

"Forgive me, but we get many visitors, even these days." he smiles "Either to pass on their greatful words and tribute or even apply to be a servant. Please, follow me." he leads you down the hall, being sure to walk on the thick red carpet. You all feel treated like loyalty here. Around the corner you see a statue at the end of the same deity with the eyes all being red bloodstones looking out down the hall that you stop as Carnochan turns to a pair of doors, opening them wide and letting you all inside. "Please wait here for me to check on the master."

He leaves you alone in the room where there is a large fireplace, giving a comfortable warmth. There are mable sides to the fiire place and a mantle carved into a parade of capering monkeys and tigers. A large sofa sits to the north while a few comfortable chairs sit to the south.

After five minutes a clean and handsome man enters dressed in a silk vudrani robe and is accompanied by
"Greetings, I am Glorio Arkona. I am sorry to keep you waiting and-" he stops for a moment as he turns to Carnochan "Why have you not brought our guests wine and cheese while they waited? Please, go aquire some from the storeroom and only the finest stuff for such great citizens of Korvosa." at this the man nods and shuffles out of the room immediately.

Glorio turns back to the group with a smile.
"I wanted to see someone about the emporor and I have a reward here for you." he produces a golden ring with a green bloodstone set in it. "This is a ring of evasion. I hope small item will help you all. Is there anything else I can be of service to you?" he asks as he walks over to sit in the couch with any who are sitting there, but if no one is he'll still sit there and cross his legs in a relaxed state.

Jerin:

You can see that the door and the elephant head have a magic aura about them, but the eye does not give off any magical aura.

You don't manage to find anything else glowing magically when you look around nor in the room you finally enter.

putting spoilers below this one in order of being mentioned. Also, do you keep concentraiting on the spell when you wait for 5 minutes for Glorio?

Knowledge Arcana DC 16:

The doors give off a faint adjuration magic aura.

Knowledge Arcana DC 17:

The elephant head gives off a faint illusion magic aura.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

actually, mauling over the AP I bit I think you should all be 9th level.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Are you sure it isn't 9th by the end of this AP chapter? Maybe after we kill all of the Arkonas and their guardians we will be 9th? :]
Will keep the detect magic up until I have to stop concentrating.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

10th by the end of the part.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Wow, I don't check in for a day, and there are a dozen posts.

I look at the ring and cast detect magic on it.

Lord Arkona. If this emperor was a problem for you, why did you not eliminate him before he did all the damage to your city. That does not sound like good stewardship.

We are here because there is great wrong happening in this city. And as you know from recent events, this wrong starts at the very top with the would be queen.

While your reward is appreciated. We are not here for pleasantries. We eliminated the emperor, may his soul rot in the Abyss. Now we seek to find that which is causing the city to fester.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

601 to 650 of 1,743 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Part 3 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.