Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master overfiend_87

Vencarlo is found and the party now know where the Senachal is, but something still lurks in the shadows of the labyrinth, hunting them down relentlessly.


1 to 50 of 1,743 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Over the months Old Korvosa has become quarantined and forgotten as the little island is left to iself. Many have become more open on their opinion of the queen and there have been incidents where they have been arrested by the Grey Maidens.

Everyone know the only legal way to depose the queen is the seneschal, Neolandus Kalepopolis however he has been missing ever since the death of Eroden and no one has yet heard of him resurfacing. Some are suggesting that he may have had something to do with the king's death, but he had nothing to gain besides being the one that intoduced Sabina Merrin to the king to get his portrait painted.

One night as you all sleep you are wrecked with a particular nightmare. You see Korvosa with lighting bolts firing down from the black and cloudy sky before a immensely sized blue dragon flies down from the sky, roaring and breathing out lines of lightning before landing on the castle, wrapping it's immense body and tail around the castle before letting out a roar and then leering at you, it's eyes baring into your soul.

You all wake up in a cold sweat and after heading downstairs learn of the queen making a public appearence. The first time since the botched execution of Sabina Merrin.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Despite a late night talking with Krenn and Curnack following Jerin's departure to praise to the Unquenchable Fire, Llyra awakes early to pray to the Savored Sting. She then dresses in her armor which she covers with an ordinary traveller's outfit and heads downstairs for the morning meal. She awaits the others who also chose to spend the night at the inn due to the late hour.

Upon hearing of the Queen's unexpected speech, Llyra opens her ears to see if she can pick up any gossip of the nature of the speech.

Diplomacy(gather information): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Jerin wonders in from the outside, he seems a little surprised that you beat him to the table.
He is dressed quite nobly today...Seems you are up early, what's all the commotion about?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Llyra Bjorgan wrote:

Despite a late night talking with Krenn and Curnack following Jerin's departure to praise to the Unquenchable Fire, Llyra awakes early to pray to the Savored Sting. She then dresses in her armor which she covers with an ordinary traveller's outfit and heads downstairs for the morning meal. She awaits the others who also chose to spend the night at the inn due to the late hour.

Upon hearing of the Queen's unexpected speech, Llyra opens her ears to see if she can pick up any gossip of the nature of the speech.

Diplomacy(gather information): 1d20+10

No one appears to know what it's about, however everyone is heading towards the main square to see the queen and find out what's going on and what the announcements are.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Krenn comes downstairs at his regular time, picking up quickly on the tone of the room. Upon hearing the news, he takes a seat next to his companions. He quietly takes in some breakfast. When all have arrived, he'll suggest We should be there for the speech, to see what she'll say and to see the people's reaction to it.

Krenn's appearance is somewhat more streamlined than before. The numerous pouches and weapons, as well as all the gear hanging from a large pack are gone. Replacing it is simple armor, a trio of weapons and a modest backpack that is always at hand. He continues to take pains to be nicely groomed with hair and beard controlled by braids, but he doesn't even make it downstairs before wisps of hair are escaping. By the end of breakfast, he looks like he just rolled out of bed.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jerin wrote:

Jerin wonders in from the outside, he seems a little surprised that you beat him to the table.

He is dressed quite nobly today...Seems you are up early, what's all the commotion about?

Jerin:

The Field Marshall has already run off this morning following a message she recieved in the morning. You don't know where she has gone at the moment, but as this is an important speech then you can assume she's there.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Aron:

Aron, Jerin would have already been awake for some time and left the room probably before her to go back to the townhouse and meet with the wererats for hs regular reports. Conscious about leaving her so he did leave a note explaining that he was called away on important business but would have liked to have lingered longer.
With the ring of sustenance Jerin rarely sleeps or eats real meals anymore just what is required. Soon the magic will influence his body a little (going to play this up some) and after enough time his skin will take on an odd hue for the lack of real food...just more crunch.
I know, my creative juices have been flowing the last few days.

I a sure it is nothing good, the evil wench moves quickly...she just got done trying to kill most of us with that plague. he whispers the last part...


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Dot.

Llyra- your vengeance will have to wait for this event to come to pass. I hope you understand.


Jerin:

Makes sense. Well she dissappears early in the morning, somewhat groggy, but also acting a little surprised at finding herself in your room and with you. She doesn't say much as it's obvious things have become very awkward.

Damn, I keep getting Sabina Merrin mixed up with Trinia Sabor. Only in name, they're both very different.

As you all arrive you notice that there are a whole bunch of people, with many standing by and watching what's unfolding. On the makeshift stage are many figures of importance in the city besides Queen Ilosia who appear to be wearing a new crown that looks somewhat strange as it clearly isn't made of gold. She is up there with Sabina Merrin the attractive bodyguard of the queen in new, intimidating and breathtaking suit of Gray Maiden armour, Togomor who is a wizard of incredible power from the Acadamae, Field Marshall Cressida Kroft and finally the Commandant of the Sable Company, Marcus Endrin who looks a little sheepish here on stage.

"People of Korvosa, the plague has been defeated!" she paused for praise, but doesn't get as much as there should be from the crowd. "Unfortunately this was at the cost of Doctor Davalus' life. The good doctor's body has already been shipped back to Chelia for burial inhis family vault and the physicians have been disbanded as well, yet Korvosa remains wounded no thanks to the Order of the Nail who have fled like cowards back to Citadel Vraid and don't get me started on how both the Korvosan Guard and Sable Company have suffered terrible losses in the past week with neither group being fully capable of continusing as Korvosa's protectors."

She paces as she turnes to both Cressida Kroft and Marcus Endrin and then back to the crowd.
"Thus to shore up this fault my Gray Maidens shall become the new protectors of Korvosa with my loyal handmaiden and bodyguard Sabina Merrin as the new General of Korvosa!" there is a sudden sipple of concerned whispers spreading out the crowd as the queen continues her speech. "I have decided to dissolve the Sable Company and that the remaining marines will fold into the Korvosan Guard. Commandant Endrin, please step forth and surrender your badge of office."

As Endrin moves forward he trembles as he reaches for his badge but instead of handing it over he throws it at the queen, striking her hard in the cheek stunning her and the entire crowd.
"Your shameful reign ends now! Korvosa will be free again!" as he proclaims Korvosa's freedom he draws his crossbow into his hands, aiming at the queen and pulls the trigger where the bolt imbeds itself in Queen Ileosa's temple, yet she does not fall.

Before the blood from the wound has time to run all the way down her shoulder she regains her composure, yanks the bolt from her skull and then is standing before Endrin with all the colour gone from his face. Before he can act she grasps his throat with her free hand, lifting him off the ground for all to see as she buries Endrin's own bolt between his eyes with a single powerful blow and then drops his lifeless corpse to the ground as she shakes his blood from her hand imperiously. The wound on her head appears to be knitting itself together as a incredible rate.

She points to his dead body as she calls down to the crowd.
"This shall be the fate of all enemies of Korvosa! Mark well his death! It is only the first!" and with that Togomor steps forward, taking her hand and teleporting away as a riot starts, but the Gray Maidens are always there to try and queel it quickly. Cressida Kroft looks over to you all with a stunned look on her face, but then her expression hardens and gives you all a knowing nod to suggest to meet her at Citadel Volshyenek.

Still confident you can kill a woman who see a bolt to the head as a minor inconvenience?


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Picture of commotion

Just so you can see what this strange crown looks like and the scene is so shocking too, plus I think the picture makes it look like the bolt went into her neck and not her head.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14
Queen Ileosa Arabasti AKA DM wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Damn, I keep getting Sabina Merrin mixed up with Trinia Sabor. Only in name, they're both very different.

Was wondering about that, I have not finished the first part of the AP, but do not recall anything about the queen's girlfriend being executed.

.
And great - the queen's pic is a bard from another one of my campaigns - which is even funnier as the avatar Tapestry used is the one that the person playing the bard uses for all his DMing.

Here is the page with the Pic if you want to change it - it is page 17 on my list going from least used to most used.
https://secure.paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wo/65.1.35.3.1.1.2.1. 5.3.0.1.25


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Turning to the rest of the group:
Well, not quite what I expected. So - are we going to take wagers? I say there are only 3 or 4 options, undead, demon, devil, or daemon. My vote would go for undead.

While my personal retribution remains very high on my list of things to accomplish, it appears that revenge for the harm the queen has caused to the city must take a slightly higher seat at present. I have waited 12 years for my retribution, I can wait a few more days to fulfill my quest. I do not think that the city can wait that long.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Aron, what do I know about this Togomor fellow?
Take a 10 on Knowledge local to give me a 21

It appears to me that our goal just got a lot harder, the queen is more than just an evil little rich girl, she must be something...else. I knew nothing good could come from this, and now due to Marcus' haste he probably just made our job harder...and it cost the poor man his life.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jerin wrote:

Aron, what do I know about this Togomor fellow?

Take a 10 on Knowledge local to give me a 21

It appears to me that our goal just got a lot harder, the queen is more than just an evil little rich girl, she must be something...else. I knew nothing good could come from this, and now due to Marcus' haste he probably just made our job harder...and it cost the poor man his life.

Jerin:

Togomor is a very powerful wizard in the Acadamae who has always lusted for power. He was quite the adventurer in his youth. Hailing from Magnimar, many of his early adventures took him in the Mushfens. Not too much is known from the bald wizard besides his gluttony and interest in hemotheurgy which led to him becoming a bloatmage. The school of magic he follows closely is evocation and now that he has been announced recently as the new seneschal, his appitite will always be sated.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14
Jerin wrote:

Aron, what do I know about this Togomor fellow?

Take a 10 on Knowledge local to give me a 21

It appears to me that our goal just got a lot harder, the queen is more than just an evil little rich girl, she must be something...else. I knew nothing good could come from this, and now due to Marcus' haste he probably just made our job harder...and it cost the poor man his life.

I wouldn't necessarily say harder. We know that she is not completely human any more - if she ever was. And as I have discovered in several years on carefully planned revenges, knowledge is power. The question is what is she. If she was not this way all along, who made her this way? Another question - who are these Gray Maidens? They are not a group with whom I am familiar, is it a new group of mercenaries? Clearly they are the usurpers right hand since her handmaiden and bodyguard is now the head of this group.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

I meant that she is no longer just a mere noble with evil aspirations. On top of that she has Togomor in her back pocket. He is a powerful mage beyond my power, facing just him alone would be a feat let alone with Sabina and the Queen.
I say this just so we are cautious, so much for our contact in the castle.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

We can discuss what we think the usurper is all day long, but I believe the Field Marshal wishes to speak with us, and under the circumstances, I think that having her resources at our disposal would be a good thing.

Do you all have any other eyes and ears in the city other than Croft? I think the more we know about what is going on, the better at this point.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

I have friends in both high and low places; the nobility and the urchins. We also count the Were rats of the undercity among our allies. Jerin; the powers that come to me are rarely of the magical school of Divination. Have you any means to discern more about the Queen?


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter
Curnach Daveck wrote:
I have friends in both high and low places; the nobility and the urchins. We also count the Were rats of the undercity among our allies. Jerin; the powers that come to me are rarely of the magical school of Divination. Have you any means to discern more about the Queen?

I don't have any magic I could use on her at this point. There's a good chance it wouldn't work on her anyways...to be honest it is not my specialty.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

The Savored Sting does provide me with some ability to divine items, but it is limited at this time, and I have not asked for these abilities today. Looking over at Krenn. And I am guessing that the good Dwarf does most of his divining with his axe.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Come- lets see if Cressida has any leads for us to follow up on...


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Yes, let's move quickly. Does everyone have everything they need if we need to leave the city quickly?

Krenn will ready his shield and start to push toward the citadel, unless any of the others declare the need for another destination first. He'll try not to be aggressive and damaging, but if necessary he'll use his shield to push a path through crowds for the others.

He'll keep a close eye on the other three, ready to impose himself if others try to harm or restrain them (new Bodyguard feat!).


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14
Krenn Weststone wrote:


He'll keep a close eye on the other three, ready to impose himself if others try to harm or restrain them (new Bodyguard feat!).

To the citadel it is.

Looking at Krenn and grinning. I always wanted a bodyguard, perhaps after the revenge and retribution, you can show me some of your new skills.


As you make your way you notice that the Gray Maidens are all pre-occupied with the peasants so when you make your way out none of them notice you and you don't run into any problem on the street just yet.

As you arrive at Citadel Volshyenek you notice that the place is still incredibly understaffed. So bad that there is only one guard standing at the entrance who lets you all through with a salute and the rest of the courtyard appears completely empty, with no one training and no one cleaning up the trash or clearing the dust inside. The overall state of neglect is hanging above it.

Cressida Kroft, now that you get a closer look at her appears haggard and tired, but not quite as bad as when you first met her during the anarcy. She ushers you into a new room, keeping a finger to her lips with a serious look on her face. This new room appears to be plain-looking with a single long table and a small closed coffer on it with enough chairs for everyone, including Cressida. She taps the walls purposely to you all.
"No one outside this room will hear what we say. It is protected by a spell the wizard called private sanctum, perminantly." as she says this she takes her position and then gives a sigh before looking over you all and speak in a low voice. "Korvosa is dying. No, strike that. Korvosa is being murdered, killed by our queen. The evidence you've uncovered that links her to the plague is damning enough, but this recent display at her address...Endrin is dead and she's more in control now than ever. I dare not move against her as my guard would be executed to the last man by her Gray Maidens by sundown. She must be stopped and I can think of no one else but yourselves to do this deed." she paises as she visably measures you all up. "Whatever foul magic the queen has wrapped herself in is obviously of the highest order. Endrin's aim was true and she should've died, you all saw. To be honest I had fears that he was going to take matters into his own hands like this, however I hoped that he would have found it within himself to find a better route. If only he could have waited."

"You see, just this morning new information came to me reguarding the queen. I have received a missive from my friend Vencarlo Orisini, the first I've heard from him since Queen Ileosa cut off Old Korvosa and put it in quarantine. It gives me hope as Vencarlo speaks of discovering something of cital importance reguarding the queen. He mentions something about dark magic and a pact with a devil, but until the events of this morning I found his claims difficult to believe, yet now...if Qyeen Ileosa has entered an infernal pact of some sort, we must tread carefully indeed."

"Vencarlo asked for you in the missive as it appears you made quite the impression upon him. He remains in Old Korvosa now, but has asked that I send you to his home where he'll be waiting and will tell you what he has discovered. Ironically, you should be safe in Old Korvosa due to the quarantine that had cut off the island entirely and word on the street is that she plans on leaving it to rot so this will be the last place for her to look as long as you maintain a low profile and avoid confrontations with the Gray Maidens."

"Once you find him you'll need to escape Korvosa, I fear. This city is no longer safe for you or those associated with you. As Field Marshal, I suspect that as long as I comply with the Queen, I shall be safe and will do what I can to ensure those friends and any family of yours are protected, but by remaining in this city, I fear that you put them into more peril. Go to Old Korvosa, find Vencarlo and hear what he has to say. He has contacts in Harse so he'll be able to help you lay low. I shall be in contact with you when I can at which point our plan, I hope, shall be clear. Now, the treasury is nearly empty, but I have a small cache here for you." as she says this she opens the coffer to let you see the inside where you find four potions of cure serious wounds, three potions of lesser restorations, two potions of remove disease, a wand of invisibility (10 charges) and a wand of cure moderate wounds (30 charges). "Please, make haste to Old Korvosa and track down Vencarlo. The queen won't take long to recover before attempting to hunt you all down as you have been seen as a thorn in her side for quite some time, which you Llyra will meet the same fate just for being with you. Before you go I suggest swimming or taking a skiff from the northern banks of the Jeggare, under the cover of darkness to avoid notice. I don't know if you have a safehouse, but I suggest you hide there if you have one or need to get one. I can't help you with that for I will be the first one questioned on where you are and I cannot lie if I don't know where you are, right?" she gives a wink before opening the door for you all. "You are heroes in my heart and I hope a plan will come together shortly."


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

One cure serious potion each, a lesser restoration for myself, Krenn and Llyra, a potion of remove disease for Llyra and Jerin, wand of invisibility to Jerin, wand of cure moderate to Llyra. Please add them to your sheets, we'll consider it group loot.

Thankyou Cressida. We'll be in contact soon.

Once out of her earshot-

Lets lay low tonight, and tomorrow i'll place appropiate magic upon us so that we can easily swim to Old Korvosa. Best not to use the skiff, we're pretty famous now and we'd only be putting some poor ferryman's life at risk.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

We should stay together to prevent being picked off individually. I've got everything I own on my back, and my family is all out of the city. So I'm ready to leave any time.

Krenn puts the potions in his pack. Jerin, I'm assuming you took the 500gp from Krenn, so I'm scratching it off.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

We aren't safe in the tavern tonight either, nor would it be right to bring the wrath of the Queen's new private army on the inhabitants looking for us. We will stay with the werewolves tonight, unless someone has an alternative suggestion?


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

As the group leaves kroft, Jerin lingers for a moment as the others file out...

Kroft:

Cressida, should we part and say nothing? Either way, take care of yourself, the Queen knows you favor us so stay away from the spotlight, the city will need all of the allies it can get.
He takes Cressida's hand and gives it a quick squeeze before walking out.

Bqack with the group.

I must get a message to my father, he trades extensively with the city. If the queen decides we are her enemies, they could use anyone associated with us against us. Krenn, you may want to talk with your friend at the tavern as well, she may be in danger also.

Jerin will find one of the merchants my father trades with an gives him a message asking him for forward the letter on. If necessary he will travel via the sewers to stay out of sight.

As far as the river goes, I could just cast fly and ferry everyone across at night? Either way is fine...I would just rather not run into a shark...


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Curnach - I assume you meant wererats and not werewolves.

Magic added to character sheet.

Wish I had someone to warn - the only person I care about is the cretin who will soon suffer my wrath. I can only hope they find and torture him, as long as he is still alive when I get to him.

I agree, we stay together. I also can cast invisibility if necessary. Unfortunately my swimming and flying spells are rather limited. Although if necessary, I can easily hide aboard a skiff heading to Old Korvosa.

As a note, you all may want to remind me I have this, but with the Luck domain, I can use Bit of Luck 6/day. It allows a player to roll the d20 2-times for each d20 roll for the next round. I figure I can stand behind Krenn and keep touching him during a battle - if he has multiple attacks, then he will get to roll twice for each attack and take the better roll.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Yup I meant wererats sorry.

I have no one in particular to warn either, Llyra. Flying is... rather conspicuous Jerin. That and i'd rather you save your more powerful magic. It is a simple enchantment to make you all swim like dolphins and will be much more subtle. I promise to deal with any sharks we find...

Plan to use Touch of the Sea on everyone.


Jerin wrote:

As the group leaves kroft, Jerin lingers for a moment as the others file out...

** spoiler omitted **

Jerin:

"I admit this is something I'm not used to. Tonight was great and as I have been told it was about time I pulled the stick out of my ass but now seeing you leave, is difficult for me to keep my feelings in check." she seems unfamiliar with the emotions of love and squeezed his hand back with a small smile on he face.

It doesn't take long to find Eries Yelloweyes, a second hand fishmonger with jaundiced eyes. She gives a nod as you approch and raises a eyebrow at Llyra as she approches.
"My children said that you had a new recruit and I assume you area all looking for somewhere safe to hide after the queen's dramatic reveal. None of us saw that coming. Please, follow me to the nearest manhole." she walks ahead, moving around behind a shop and into a cut, but first bringing over someone who appears to be non-descript, but was now at the stand to cover for her. She finds a manhole cover, pulls off the top for the entrance into the sewers. "I will get one of my children to escort you." she snaps her fingers twice and you all suddenly here movement down here. "They will escort you to the nearest den. We have many dens scattered through out the city and we know to trust you ever since you spared their lives, despite what foolish Girrigz wanted."


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Extending my hand: I am Llyra, please to meet you ma'am. I am sorry that it is under such dire circumstances. You assistance is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I was recently introduce to this fine group for help finding and seeking revenge upon someone who wronged me many years ago. However, the usurper has forced us to delay my revenge for the time being to instead seek retribution for the grievous harm the monster calling herself queen, and her silver death maidens, are bringing upon the city.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Llyra Bjorgan wrote:

Extending my hand: I am Llyra, please to meet you ma'am. I am sorry that it is under such dire circumstances. You assistance is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I was recently introduce to this fine group for help finding and seeking revenge upon someone who wronged me many years ago. However, the usurper has forced us to delay my revenge for the time being to instead seek retribution for the grievous harm the monster calling herself queen, and her silver death maidens, are bringing upon the city.

"I have heard whispers of who you are and what happened to you as a child, I am sorry. However, I managed to track them down. Some have commited suicide, one was Gaedren Lamm who I believe the group here fed him to his pet alligator and the last man is in Old Korvosa working with the old docks last I heard." she points out with a smile. "Perhaps you can get your vengence tonight when you make your way across. You can use the sewer exits to get to the river. It'll be better than walking on the road."


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Upon hearing that the group were responsible for Lamm's death, Llyra turns to the others, flames in her eyes. I do not know whether I should thank you for killing him, or hate you for stealing from me the chance to make his suffering as long and excruciating as I have experienced. Thinking about what Eries said for a moment. You fed him to his own alligator? My, are you sure you all are not secretly worshippers of the Savored Sting? I only hope you did it painfully, perhaps by slowly lowering him inch by inch into the waiting jaws of the gator so that you could savor his screams of agony.

Turning back to Eries while licking my lips and grinning. If you know of the location of the fourth man who destroyed my family, raped my mother, and sold me into slavery, I would be indebted to you for this information. Unless the queen's current actions require immediate attention, I imagine that this excuse for a man is going to have a VERY bad night tonight.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Llyra Bjorgan wrote:

Upon hearing that the group were responsible for Lamm's death, Llyra turns to the others, flames in her eyes. I do not know whether I should thank you for killing him, or hate you for stealing from me the chance to make his suffering as long and excruciating as I have experienced. Thinking about what Eries said for a moment. You fed him to his own alligator? My, are you sure you all are not secretly worshippers of the Savored Sting? I only hope you did it painfully, perhaps by slowly lowering him inch by inch into the waiting jaws of the gator so that you could savor his screams of agony.

Turning back to Eries while licking my lips and grinning. If you know of the location of the fourth man who destroyed my family, raped my mother, and sold me into slavery, I would be indebted to you for this information. Unless the queen's current actions require immediate attention, I imagine that this excuse for a man is going to have a VERY bad night tonight.

"Unfortunately I do not know his location, but there is a good chance you'll run into him." she smirks as she makes her way into the sewers first. "If I were him, I would be very afraid but as they say, the past catches up with one." she leads you all down the sewer and though the stench is horrid, however at some point it stops, possibly from the large tenticled creatures that you see down a few accesses in the sewer, but are too pre-occupied to notice the party. "Smart way to keep the sewers clean, they eat anything that they come across the disgusting creatures." once you arrive deeper into the tunnel, Eries transformed into her wererat form. You find a nest not unlike Girrigz, only with no depictions of Korvosa in flames. Many of them are in human form, especially the kids and adolecents who havn't yet matured enough for the ability to transform to be fully under control. "We can get you any supplies you might need for tonight if you need anything."


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11
Llyra Bjorgan wrote:

Upon hearing that the group were responsible for Lamm's death, Llyra turns to the others, flames in her eyes. I do not know whether I should thank you for killing him, or hate you for stealing from me the chance to make his suffering as long and excruciating as I have experienced. Thinking about what Eries said for a moment. You fed him to his own alligator? My, are you sure you all are not secretly worshippers of the Savored Sting? I only hope you did it painfully, perhaps by slowly lowering him inch by inch into the waiting jaws of the gator so that you could savor his screams of agony.

Krenn and I had our own reasons to desire vengeance- there are reasons why I grew to want to see Lamm burn; Jerin was not with us in those days. Perhaps once the 'Savoured Sting' may have held appeal for me, but I found a greater calling than vengeance in time. Your much more playful and less... deranged, than the other two followers of Calistria I have met in the past year.

Ready to move on.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

To Eries, Krenn will say It is a good and generous place to rest. Thank you.

During the discussion of vengeance, Krenn will add in My purpose wasn't revenge, though that was certainly rewarding. I was just trying to get my nephew back the whole time, and for that I am still indebted to Curnach here. Jerin shares that as well now, for the way he's acted toward me and mine since our paths crossed. And you, good Llyra, can expect the same since Lady Cressida vouches for you.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Listening to Curnach and Krenn: Thank you both, I still feel cheated for not personally being able to revenge the pain he caused me and my family, but I still have one left who will not escape me. As usual when Llyra speaks of her personal revenge, you can almost see flames in her eyes. In addition, there are many other causes for which good old fashion vengeance is the best solution. This is the focus of my faith with Calistria. Many of my fellow clerics and priests focus on the Unquenchable Fire's Lust attribute, and while I will not deny enjoying this method of worship, my destiny has always been to serve her through trickery and revenge. Many would call me cold hearted - but it is simply a drive to succeed, irrespective of the impairments which others may put in my way to dissuade me from my goals.

Likewise, the Field Marshal spoke highly of you for your previous exploits in defeating evil priests and preventing innocent deaths. Remember, revenge is personal justice. And killing the wrong person is not revenge - it is either murder or a mistake, not revenge. Revenge is best when carefully planned out to include inflicting pain on the one against whom the revenge is directed which is proportionate to, and preferably greatly exceeding, the pain caused to the revenger. In my case, this is 12 years of going to sleep at night remembering my mother being attacked, my crying broken father, and my being sold as a pleasure slave - trust me, my revenge will be sweet.

We can continue this discussion all day - ready to move on when you all are, which appears to be now.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Once darkness arrives you head out, with one of the wererats leading you down the tunnels and to the exit outside the river. The water leaves the sewers here and spills out into the lake here. On the other side you see a dock that you can swim to that seems unmanned due to the quarentine.

Will have to be quiet in case of anyone nearby.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

As said earlier, wanted to spend the night with the wererats, don't want to cross until I can prepare spells again in the morning.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Curnach Daveck wrote:
As said earlier, wanted to spend the night with the wererats, don't want to cross until I can prepare spells again in the morning.

Okey, sorry I misread that.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Though the smell down here is tolerable you find that the wererats have left their best bedding for you, which isn't saying much but they have cleaned as best as they could. Certainly not the best beds you'd find in a high-priced inn, but you could sleep on them without catching some kind of disease.

a perfect time for prestigitation to clean, I believe that's what someone commented when my DM described as the wizard's tower being really dirty and dusty.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:

Though the smell down here is tolerable you find that the wererats have left their best bedding for you, which isn't saying much but they have cleaned as best as they could. Certainly not the best beds you'd find in a high-priced inn, but you could sleep on them without catching some kind of disease.

a perfect time for prestigitation to clean, I believe that's what someone commented when my DM described as the wizard's tower being really dirty and dusty.

Can the wererats get any potions of water breathing? I know that Curnach is planning on getting spells to help us, but a backup is always good.

Other than that, I think we rest and get to know each other while we wait for Curnach to prepare his spells.

If anyone has any thoughts for spells for me, let me know. I have not played a cleric in a long time and many spells have changed.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

Curnach lays a hand on himself, Jerin, Krenn and Llyra after they are ready to swim across. Webs and flippers begin to grow from their hands and feet, and his own.

Lets go...

30 feet swim speed and run actions should get us across very quickly and while underwater.

Spell Effect:

You cause webs to grow between the target's fingers and its feet to transform into flippers, granting a swim speed of 30 feet along with the standard +8 bonus on Swim checks and the ability to take 10 even if distracted or endangered. You can also use the run action while swimming, provided you swim in a straight line. This transformation causes any boots or gloves the target is wearing to meld into its form (although magic items with a continuous effect continue to function). This spell does not grant the target any ability to breathe water.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Krenn will allow the others to go first. He lags a few feet, keeping a sharp eye out for any predators that might threaten the others.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Watching for anything dangerous while swimming.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 <-- nice, should be able to spot almost anything with that roll

DM Aron, are you going to require swim checks? Or is the base 18+ enough for us? With a take 10, I am 22 including the +8 from the spell. Lets leave before sun-up so that we are much harder to detect.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

It's a river through the two parts of the city so there should be no problem with swimming to the other side.

You make your way across, managing to get to the otherside before a patrol of Gray Maidens pass by above where you just were by the waterfront. They appear to be on a routine patrol of the city and you even manage to hear some of the conversation.
"Orders are we find them and eliminate them on site. Just like any traitor to the crown." they continue on, clearly oblivious to you below. One of them even appears to be wearing a unholy symbol of Asmodeus openly.

You arrive on the shore with little problem and you notice the streets appear empty besides children in a nearby alleyway. However as you approch you hear them singing a macarbe song:

“Headless, headless, that’s what you’ll be,
brand new dolls in the Emp’rer’s ceme’try!
Choppy, choppy, chop, the tall knife calls,
waitin’ for the day for Korvosa to fall.”


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Cheerful tune if I may say so. So, I personally have two destinations. As a group we need to seek out Vencarlo. Me personally, I need visit the Old Docks and find my target. I suppose we should find Vencarlo first in case his mission is time sensitive. If we have time thereafter, I will scope out the docks to see if I can find the target of my vengeance.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Yes, Definitely Vencarlo first. Let's go. Krenn will take the lead, moving quickly and quietly. If he's not sure about where he's going, he'll check with Jerin to make sure he's on course.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

You also notice that the kids are playing with dolls and using a guillotine or "tall knife" to decapitate them.

Arriving at Vencarlo's Academy you immediately know something's wrong in the form of the entire Academy being burnt to the ground which makes you all feel bad after last time you visited it was in great condition, however not all is lost. There is a section of the large building still standing which is his real home and living area. It appears untouched and the lights are on within.

1 to 50 of 1,743 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Part 3 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.