Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Apocalypso's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Apocalypso

Aye, the compass doesn't point North, but we're not trying to find North, are we?


401 to 450 of 803 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male: HP: 10/10 | DR5/cold | AC 15 | T 15 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +7 | W +2 | Init +5| Per +6 (+8 traps) Undine Ninja 1

"Sidhon, sneaking around the ship might be best done NOT in pairs. If you want, let us divide our efforts and look in 2 different places on the ship and share what information we gather. The Rum does not seen to have effected me this evening as it did last night. I must be working up a tolerence. How are you feeling after drinking your portion tonight"?

note: Atlatl has not seen what you have been doing with your drink


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Rum 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Just one for Noonan
He'll try to reconnect with Rosie and encourage Ratline to join by
a. simply sitting near Rosie
and
b. tilting his rum in Ratline's direction with a subtle nod

If he senses Syl is open to joining peacefully, he'll offer to share his rum with her.
Perception to see if Syl is too nuts: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

If he senses that Syl is too crazy to join anyone (let alone Rosie) he'll try to spend some of his time being present with both. Simply being present is most of what he offers.

Perception to see if Fipps and/or Maheen are up to anything: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Apparently, Noonan isn't able to figure out much...better to stick to smashing stuff.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Responding to Atlatl, "I've found a workable arrangement with the grog. In terms of exploring, I spent last night above-decks and got very familiar with everything that didn't require me to open a door. I didn't find much unanticipated, but at least I know where everything is. I'm pretty tired out today, so I was going to stick close, and just poke in the hold."

"For general poking around I think you're right. As we get a little more ambitious, lookouts might be good, or searching more rapidly by twos. I also think Giraen or Sandara might be reliable."

"Have you found anywhere reliable as a stash? I haven't got anything terribly contraband yet, but I plan on it."

~~~~

Searching the Hold: 20 + 3 = 23
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 1 = 20


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg had so much fun last night that he will take his two servings of rum again tonight, enjoy the revelry, and pass out.

Sorry, but he's enjoying himself too much at the moment to worry about exploring the ship

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

WOOOO! PARTY!


Male: HP: 10/10 | DR5/cold | AC 15 | T 15 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +7 | W +2 | Init +5| Per +6 (+8 traps) Undine Ninja 1

Sidhon, I have a few things stashed in the bilge. It is pretty murky down there and people seem to prefer NOT go down there. I am DEPENDING on it. I LISTENED at door A4a (ahem...), but it takes a really long time for the nerve synapses in my outer ear to reach my brain to know if I heard anything yet. " Looking wistfully directly into the camera lens, breaking the 4th wall.


Sorry for delay. RL... dental surgery. All is well, but a little groggy. Well, moving forward...

Atlatl checks out the door. A4a-- actually has a lock on it. It's A5a, I believe you're listening at. You here someone inside. It sounds like a young girl crying. If you wait for a couple of minutes, you here her come out, and have time to duck before she sees you. The girl is about 14 or 15, and has a black eye. She wipes her face, checks her hair, takes a deep breath and then forces herself to head toward the captain's quarters.

If you wait until she's out of sight, you can get a quick peek into her room. This tiny cubicle has very little going for it, except perahps a door. There's a cot, a lantern hanging from a hook, a foot locker, with a single change of clothes, and a locket with a picture of someone who might be the girl's mother.


There's a new twist on dinner's entertainment. After you all get your rum shots, you hear a commotion. You here a howl of pain. Then you see a large odd-looking man with feathers on his shoulders and arms. Kipper and Fipps are taunting him with sparks that singe his feathers. This causes merriment from amongst your favorite crew members.

~~~

Aretta's perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

She's distracted by the "entertainment" and sees nothing.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

So, I think I failed my Con check - exactly how drunk am I?


Tying up unanswered questions now.

If no new actions are declared for "tonight", undeclared characters will go straight to sleep. We'll start "tomorrow morning" probably tomorrow afternoon.

@Gilraen: Scourge snarls. But as he sees dinner being brought up, he grunts in frustration. Fine! But make sure it doesn't happen again. No excuses. Understand me, missy?

@Atlatl: I made presumptions to push the action forward. The other choice was simply not to go in her room. No matter how well you search, the poor girl really seems to have nothing.

@Sidhon: Are you searching the hold where everyone sleeps or the other hold near the galley?

@Zorg: You are pretty schnockered. But at least you are the life of the party. At least that's the way you'll remember it tomorrow:

Charisma bonus: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Constitution Damage: 2d3 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Fatigue in Hours: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

Looks like you'll be fatigued when you start work tomorrow aka a hangover.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

@apocalypso - hold near the galley. Where I'd have no business being normally :)


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg sways to and fro amidst the crew as he bellows out, raising his empty glass up high (that is to say, shoulder height for most of the pirates), "You guysh here... *hic!* You guysh are the BESHT!" He then falls over and immediately starts snoring.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Gilraen is aware she's tipsy and worried about starting a brawl (they were lucky on the stairs and she knows it), so while she won't intercede in what's going on, she will find and heal the feather-guy afterwards. She will also make a promise to both herself and him that they will pay - even if it takes her a year to make them do so. If however, they hurt him to point of unconsciousness, she'll step up.

This will trigger her Oracle Curse - two parts of it. If she doesn't make them pay within the year, she'll get sick until she does so. It also means that at some point when she's trying to fulfill it, she'll get a +4 morale bonus on a single roll.

After that, she'll head to the galley and try to cajole Fishguts into drinking less using the same arguments that she used last time and adding I've been pretty lucky so far - I'm not actually skilled in fishing or cooking. If I have a bad day we could both end up dead.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 plus more if I get a charisma bonus for failing my "stay sober" roll :)

She will turn in early afterwards.


@Sidhon-- After a thorough, but stealthy search, you find a few items stashed in straw underneath the steps headed towards the main deck...
a bullseye lantern, a valuable looking stone, and a brass knife.

Do you keep them with you, stash them here, or stash them somewhere else?

BTW-- You made your stealth check to be unnoticed by the people drinking and talking in the galley.

At the end of your searching you find the singed feathered man cowering beneath the steps at the very fore of the hold. He is also chained to a post by his ankle. He has been crying, but stifling it, trying to remain unnoticed.

~~~

@Gilraen-- Fishguts nods agreement to everything you say, but may be too far gone to remember. You may have to remind him in the morning.

Grok slaps you on the back. 'ey! Let 'im have 'ish fun. Not musch elsh ish fun roun' here. -hic- Then she staggers to her quarters.

~~~

Everyone else spends the night recovering from their varying degrees of stupor and fatigue.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Did anyone say anything when Gilraen healed feathered man?


@Gilraen: Sorry, in my mind I read that as "in the morning."

They torment him for an hour or two, before he's finally able to push free of the laughing men and run down the steps near A5, near the captains quarters. Do you follow him?


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Hmmm....Gilraen would probably have gone to the galley shortly after drinking, but if they kept it up for an hour or two, she'd have left there by then, so yeah, she'll follow him.


I think what I'll do here is say you run into Sidhon, just as he's found the feathered guy. He's hiding under the steps that head up to the captain's quarters. These are *not* the steps you guys traverse. None of you have gone up or down these steps before.

Anyhoo... Sidhon and Gilraen find him under the steps at the same time. He is crying and trying to hide from you.

Give me a Knowledge Nature or Knowledge Arcana check 15 to identify his species. Anyone who saw him up above while eating can also make the check if they wish.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Gilraen will speak quietly and move slowly - she has no idea what language he might speak. (She doesn't have either of those knowledge skills)

I would like to heal you if you will allow it. Several of us wish we could have stopped them from hurting you, but they outnumber and outpower us. I do promise you, however, I will make them pay for their treatment of you. It might take a year before I have the capability, but it will happen.

She will then reach out and use one of her cure light spells.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

If needed she will use the other one as well (but not if he appears OK)

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


At first he flinches away from you with a whine. But after the healing he settles down. He's taken non-lethal damage, but a goodly amount of it, so both healings are helpful.

As you've been closer to him, you realize he doesn't actually have natural feathers, they've just been stuck to him with hot tar. He has several burn scars, so it looks like this is done to him periodically. It seems tonight's entertainment involved "tar and feathering" afresh.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Does he appear to understand what Gilraen is saying? She'll try it in all the languages she knows.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Sidhon is much more on the doing and making, than the knowing. Maybe as he gets a bit more experienced his knowledge will rise to new levels. :)

From the dark behind Gilraen's left shoulder, Sidhon repeats her vow to the creature in more and diverse languages. Making himself somewhat more visible, Sidhon looks at the figure, and says gently, in Common, "My name is Sidhon. This is Gilraen. We mean you well. I have disturbed your possessions, my apologies."


After realizing he's been healed, the man speaks in halting common.Pretty lady. Makes Owlbear feel more good. Lizard speaks pretty words. Why? What you want from Owlbear? And... Owlbear not possessed. Owlbear is... Owlbear. He doesn't seem to recognize the items.

I, uh, thought he *was* an Owlbear when I asked you to do the checks. Turns out he's a human guy that the crew delights in covering with tar and feathers and calling "Owlbear". Nevermind. Carry on.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

We don't want anything from you. We don't like you being hurt.

Given his poor command of the language and recent trauma, Gilraen decides to leave it at that for now.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Sidhon gathers up the discovered items. Later in the night, he will place them in the bilge along with the other swag he and Atlatl have discovered, along with the sap he acquired during the fight.

"Owlbear, we are friends, and want to help you. Are you hungry? Thirsty?"

If I'm not mistaken, we're right around the corner from the galley, right?


You comfort Owlbear and it should be possible to get him some water (or rum) and stew. He's a bit less afraid. But still, he's going to stay under the steps. Partly because he's shackled there.

Sidhon-- you successfully stash things in the Bilges.

Zorg-- if you go to check on the stash of things you hid in the hold... they are gone.

Are we ready to press on to tomorrow? If I don't hear otherwise, I'll start "tomorrow morning" this evening.


Male: HP: 10/10 | DR5/cold | AC 15 | T 15 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +7 | W +2 | Init +5| Per +6 (+8 traps) Undine Ninja 1

Atlatl, goes back to his sleeping quarters, lays his head down with visions of the poor girl at A5a. Does his ninja breathing exercises, and drifts into sleep....


Congratulations! You all successfully did your jobs, did some exploration, and interacted with some characters. 250 xp for everyone!

In addition to the smaller, portable items mentioned, found by people exploring the middle hold, there are also less portable items:
Stored near the mainmast are two light ballistas, a disassembled light catapult, and 12 barrels containing 20 gallons of oil each.

Sooner or later you all find your way to your hammocks. The night is thankfully uneventful. All of you but Zorg are mostly recovered by the time the clock jolts you awake the next morning. Zorg is still fatigued (hung over) for the rest of the day.

DAY 4:
You all manage to stagger to the deck in time. And, as usual, get assigned your tasks by a grumpy Mr. Scourge.

Riggers: Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity Check. The Player must also make a DC 10 Constituition check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Swabs: Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.
Zorg, you take a -2 to all checks today because of being hungover.
Sidhon, this may be a good day for you.

Cook: Gilraen, apparently you got thru to Fishguts somewhat last night, so he isn't actively drinking, but he is somewhat hungover, so you are going to have to help with cooking today. Instead of fish, Fishguts wants you to hunt Sea Turtles.
Hunting leatherback sea turtles with harpoons, treble hooks, and nets. A DC 10 Profession (fisherman) or Survival checks provides enough food.
AND a DC 10 Profession (cook) or Intelligence check to help with the meal. You take -2 on each check because of the time pressure.

Everyone also needs to tell me their daytime activity. And... go!


Male: HP: 10/10 | DR5/cold | AC 15 | T 15 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +7 | W +2 | Init +5| Per +6 (+8 traps) Undine Ninja 1

Looking around at the cloud filled sky, and arching his back to get the hammock sleep out of his muscles.....

WORKING DILIGENTLY:
Swabbing & Splicing & Sewing DC10: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 4 = 28


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

ballistas, catapults, and barrels of oil?!? for real? that's springs, fulcrums, beams, spars, and counterweights (oh my!). Is there ballista ammunition (bolts)?
Who is organizing and directing the repairs?
Can Sidhon determine where the tools and gubbinz are kept? Per: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Does Sidhon see Gilraen struggling with sea turtles (he is on deck, and, well, they're fellow reptiles)? Per: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Does Sidhon see any of the other swabs having difficulties with the work? Per: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
With a little better idea of what's going on, I'll make some skill rolls. Sidhon is likely to want to multitask more fiercely than usual. What would the penalty be to 1) work, 2) schmooze, 3) help another with their task (either Gilraen or one of the other swabs) ?


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Working Diligently: her +2 for survival and -2 for pressure cancel each other

Sea Turtle Hunting 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Cooking 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

As usual, she'll cast clean on a section of galley and purify on all the food.

Since she's cooking with Fishguts, does chatting with him take away her working diligently bonus for the cooking bit? She'd like some of it to be about the whole "cooking process", and the rest just trying to learn a little bit more about him, Grok and the ship in general.


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Noonan gets to work and works with full attention as he wants to master his job if he's to make a living on this ship.

Hoisting and Lowering Sails: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 4 = 21
Fatigue?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg does his best to be "Swab of the Day" and help out with repairs, but it's hard with the cotton mouth and throbbing head. He even refrains from singing enthusiastically. Or rather, he tries to sing enthusiastically, but with decidedly mixed results today.

Ooooh...
I'm a pirate, look at... *ow*

Work Diligently, Profession(sailor): 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 + 4 = 20


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Sidhon will try to make working arrangements so that Zorg's repair work does not involve hammers.


Atlatl does a stunning job of sewing and splicing. True artistry.

Noonan does an excellent job of hoisting sails. With Pluck's encouragement he's only slightly tired.

Zorg does a surprisingly good job sewing and splicing, especially considering the seeing double and whatnot. Perhaps being hungover is helpful to his dexterity?

Gilraen struggles a little bit getting the knack of turtle catching, but does a fair job after getting the swing.
You can't take the work diligently bonus, and then schmooze. It would make sense if you could, working side by side with someone. But it is an oversimplified game mechanic to keep things moving. Otherwise every player would do 12 things at once, in different parts of the ship, and gameplay would take forever (more than now). So if you can just kinda accept the mechanics, you'll have the chance to schmooze tonight. You wouldn't have time today anyway, because...

Sidhon:
*As of yet you have not found ballista bolts.
*Grok seems to be the keeper of the tools and such. They need to be checked in and out with her.
*Scourge is director or swabbing activities. Your "friend" Shivikah seems to be in charge of organizing tasks. Strangely Crimson Cogsworth (the man who fell from the rigging on day 1) seems to be ingratiating himself to Scourge quickly. Fipps and Narwhal do what they can to make your lives difficult. Cogsworth happily goes along. Shivikah and Aretta mock you too, just to make their own lives easier.

DC 10 Perception Check:
Watching the ships' dynamics-- Harrigan, Plugg, and Scourge seem to promote and favor humans whenever possible. Everyone else is, well, less than human.

*You do not notice Gilraen turtle hunting. Fortunately she does a fair job without help.
*Re: multitasking: You can already see the penalties for 2 activities in the list. For *3* activities I will make the penalty exponential. It was 2x2 penalty for 2 activities. For 3, it will be 2x2x2 aka -8 to each task. (The texting and driving AND trying to enter an appointment in your day planner penalty.) Don't worry about it right this sec, because....

~~~

...In the mid-afternoon, just when all of you were wrapping up your jobs, and were thinking to schmooze, or maybe just nap somewhere where there wasn't such a glare in your eyes; little Jack Scrimshaw comes running up on deck. He's in a panic because he's been bitten by some kind of monster in the bilges. (You've seen Jack around. He's about 12 years old, and proud as punch to be learning to become a real pirate. He loves Zorg's songs!)

Scourge mutters to himself, Biting critters down in the Bilges, eh? We're a gonna have to do something about that. Who to send? Can't be anyone important, eh? He smiles thinly at each of you and gestures you over. And he gestures to Maheem to send down Noonan and Rosie. When you gather its Noonan, Rosie, Atlatl, Zorg, Sidhon, Sandara, and Conchobhar. Alright, listen all a yez. There be some rats in the bilges. Yer all gonna go down there and clear em out. Unnerstand me? No one comes out, and no dinner til every rat is dead. Make sure to grab that little cook girl. She ain't been keepin' Fishguts straight. Mebbe some time in the bilges will set 'er right.

You are all then "escorted" to the bilges, including Gilraen. Once inside, you hear the bolt slide the hatch shut above you. Sidhon and Atlatl-- Your repair is no longer in effect. The bilge pump is whining and failing to deal with the 2 feet of murky water. From the darkness beady red eyes start to appear.

Everyone roll initiative. And remind me who has darkvision.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Sidhon has darkvision (prefers it, in fact.)
Round 1
Status: HP 8/8 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3 | conditions: none
Actions: (full) to the stash, batman! first priority, hooded lantern and matches. Second priority, knife and sap.

For the record..
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Sidhon spent the early part of the day working and schmoozing Shivikah. Sidhon will explicitly (but privately) present Shivikah with a proposition, "Look, it's not popular to treat me decently - I get that. But I want the ship working as best it can, and you want to look good with Plugg. Your five most complicated repairs are <these ones>. Give them to yourself, Cogsworth, and Aretta. If you set me to fetch and carry for the three of you, I can make sure the repairs are good and quick. Use me to look good."
Craft(Ship): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg surreptitiously pats his vest where Yalla rests when Scourge utters the phrase "til every rat is dead.". He tries to send reassuring thoughts telepathically. Calm. Everything's fine. You're safe.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Zorg also has darkvision. I'll post specifically when we get to his action, but if possible, he will be trying to cast sleep on a pocket of the creatures, without catching his allies.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Gilraen has Darkvision.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Don't suppose they tossed any weapons down w/us, eh? No?

Then: Unarmed strike at the nearest set of eyes 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage 1d3 ⇒ 3

Remember, she has improved unarmed strike, so no AAO. Also, she'll do lethal damage


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Initiative for Noonan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Noonan can't see jack.

If you'll allow for it, he has that dagger that he took away from Syl. I've thought this all along but have been conflicted by the fact that he's pretty much naked and has no place to hide such things. Totally get it if you say "no" to the dagger...might even be safer for others without it


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

@Noonan - i've been worried that that naked blade stuffed into the g-string was going to <pop!> slice through everything supporting the gourd. To prevent such an apocalyptic event I was going to offer to make a sheath (for the knife), but the opportunity has not yet arisen.


Male: HP: 10/10 | DR5/cold | AC 15 | T 15 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +7 | W +2 | Init +5| Per +6 (+8 traps) Undine Ninja 1

Eyeing and planning on gradually moving to the areas where he has kept his weapons stashed to keep others out of his business...

Initiative:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


I am working on maps and tokens etc. Will be up soon. In the meantime we'll gather missing details:

Atlatl: did his job well.
Noonan: did his job well and is not fatigued.
Zorg: did his job surprisingly well considering the hangover.
Gilraen: hunted sea turtles adequately and cooked well.
Sidhon: we need to finalize your work and secondary activit(ies).
. . Roll Prof Sailor or Dex for sewing and splicing. Take +4 if its only thing.
. . If you also speak with Aretta and Shivikah. Roll diplomacy for that. Take no bonuses or penalties on work or schmoozing.
. . If you work AND schmooze AND help someone else, Roll work and diplomacy and Aid Another (another work roll to give them a +2). Take a -4 on each roll.
(See my earlier post to Gilraen. Its not that I don't think that multitasking is possible in an 8-10 hour window. Its more a game mechanics thing to simplify and keep things moving a bit, so the drunk passed out characters don't miss out on 3 weeks of game play.)
. . Crafting: Repairs: Measured in days or weeks. Would take you months to do in addition to your other duties. With a stealth check each day. Without tools. Pretty stiff odds.
But I think where you're trying to go is to get whoevers permission to repair things AS your daily job. This scenario has far less likelihood of you ending up dead by flogging, dead by sweating, or dead by keelhauling. Is that what you want to try? If so, make a diplomacy check at the beginning of your shift to see if you can convince Shivikah to let you do the crafting AS your job today. I'm gonna give it a 15 DC. You can decide whether to craft OR craft/aid another OR do assigned work OR do assigned work/aid another after you see if you are successful at convincing. You automatically forfeit "work diligently" as an option if you try this. This already counts as work AND influence (no pluses or minuses). If you also try to aid another you will take -4 to every roll.

I'm actually going to say the lighting conditions are "low light" thru a couple of dirty portholes. The water is 2' high and murky again. From each character I need 1. Initiative 2. Vision 3. Armed?

Sidhon:
Initiative 24
Weapons: I think not, ?
Vision: Dark

Atlatl:
Initiative 23
Weapons: not yet
Vision: ?

Zorg:
Initiative 21
Weapons: dagger, i think?
Vision: Dark

Gilraen:
Initiative 11
Weapons: None
Vision Dark

Noonan:
Initiative 6
Weapons: Brass knuckles. I will say you stashed the dagger on the deck where you sleep. Roll a d100. 51 or above and you manage to grab the dagger on the way to the bilges.
Vision: Normal

Conchobhar:
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Weapons: None
Vision: Low light

Sandara:
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Weapons: None
Vision: Normal

Rosie:
Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Weapons: Handaxe
Vision: Normal

Rats 1-4:
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Vision: Low light

Rats 5-8:
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Vision: Low light


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3
Sidhon wrote:


Sidhon spent the early part of the day working and schmoozing Shivikah. Sidhon will explicitly (but privately) present Shivikah with a proposition, "Look, it's not popular to treat me decently - I get that. But I want the ship working as best it can, and you want to look good with Plugg. Your five most complicated repairs are <these ones>. Give them to yourself, Cogsworth, and Aretta. If you set me to fetch and carry for the three of you, I can make sure the repairs are good and quick. Use me to look good."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Roll for either craft(ship), profession(sailor) to work, or profession(sailor) to aid specific folks, if that's agreed (same roll for all, conveniently): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
or... the merciful GM could use the earlier craft(ship) roll of 22 from earlier... :) I'd be plenty willing to use Sidhon's weekly installment of Besmara's Blessing for this one...

As a mid-term goal, Sidhon is seeking to get assigned 'fixing the ship' as his day job. He's trying to wrap his head around it, partly because he's deeply appalled that there's no one with that job already.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Yes, Zorg has a masterwork dagger on him.


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Noonan wouldn't have left the group. He's heading down with his brass knuckles.


@Noonan: You have to walk thru the sleeping quarters to get to the door to the bilges. The whole group will be walking right by your (and everybody else's) hammock.


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

In that case, sure, why not try?
I'll assume you meant a d20...
1d20 ⇒ 7


@Noonan: Actually meant D100. But anything over 50% means success, so unfortunately the 7 doesn't qualify.

@Sidhon: Ok, kewl I will look over crafting stuff in detail when I get the chance. Everything I'd found before now described repairs as being long and expensive. For now, Shivikah scoffed at your request and told you to get back to work. (meaning the assigned task). Although you got the impression that she might be mulling it over. You can try diplomacy again tomorrow. Do you sew and splice, or do you go ahead with repairs anyway? You can keep the 22. Too nice a roll to waste.

And do you also want to aid someone, knowing you'll take a -4 to each your work roll AND the aid anothers work roll?

@Everyone: The new map is up! The new map is up! Still on a learning curve so a little slow for me.

Remember You guys are blue, the friendly npcs are yellow, and your opponents are in red.

The stairs, brig, bilge pump and crates are all made up, so they wont withstand the scrutiny of things like "hey the steps aren't really 10' wide, and shouldn't they be over there." Can you just be forgiving as I'm on a learning curve and all. AND I don't think y'all would fit in the bilges if I was using a correctly proportional map.

Also the dire rats are small creatures, thought I made their tokens that way, but oh well.

Anyhow cool new map is up. I put characters with the highest initiatives in front. Sidhon and Atlatl you're up. Atlatl, do you have low-light or dark vision?


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

In the bilges, Sidhon dives immediately for the stash of stuff. Last night he'd added that hooded lantern to the stash, and there have been tindertwigs there for some time. So Sidhon takes his earliest opportunity to access and light the hooded lantern, for the benefit of the light-dependent.
Sidhon has darkvision (prefers it, in fact.), no current weapon
Round 1
Status: HP 8/8 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3 | conditions: none
Actions: (full) to the stash, batman! first priority, hooded lantern and matches. Second priority, knife and sap.

~~~

Mornings work
Sidhon does the work as assigned to him, but will also aid any one of Aretta, Cogsworth, or Shivikah, whoever's having the most difficulty with the day's 'repair' tasks.
craft(ship) aid another: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14
craft(ship) own work: 17 + 5 - 4 = 18


ROUND 1

Anyone without lowlight vision or dark vision takes a 20% miss chance because of concealment (dim light). This applies both to weapons and targeted spells. To simplify, I will rule that this is a -4 penalty to hit.

24 Sidhon
23 Atlatl
23 Rats 1-4
21 Zorg <---
19 Conchobhar
18 Rats 5-8
17 Rosie
11 Gilraen
9 Sandara
6 Noonan

@Sidhon Rat 1 gets an attack of opportunity as you go past. Roll an acrobatics check to avoid it. Beat this:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Waiting for Sidhon's acrobatic check
Getting there was your move action. Lighting the lantern can be a second move action if you wish.

@Atlatl Last we heard he wanted to head toward his stuff. This provokes attacks from Rat 5 and Giant Rat.
Rat 5: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Giant Rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Atlatl acrobatics check vs 5: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 He dodges!
Atlatl acrobatics check vs Giant Rat: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 He dodges!

Rat 1 Closes on Sidhon and attacks: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 HITS! Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Also make a DC11 fortitude save vs disease.
Rat 2 Closes on Zorg and attacks: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 MISS!
Rat 3 Closes on Conchobhar and attacks: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 MISS!
Rat 4 Closes on Conchobhar and attacks: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 HITS! Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Conchobhar's save vs disease: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 MISS! Damage is Constitution 1d3 ⇒ 1 and Dexterity 1d3 ⇒ 1

Zorg you are up!


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Avoiding AoO, Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

401 to 450 of 803 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Apocalypso's Skull & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.