Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Apocalypso's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Apocalypso

Aye, the compass doesn't point North, but we're not trying to find North, are we?


501 to 550 of 803 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

"While we're all here, and entertaining ourselves killing rats, I think we should recognize that we've been identified as expendable entertainment. Maybe we're not as badly off as Owlbear, but his is a fate we'll share, if we're not killed off first. Does anyone disagree? Think they're likely to get on Plugg's 'good list' sometime soon?"


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg looks at Gilraen and shakes his head. "Sorry, I don't kill rats. I can put them to sleep; it's someone else's job to make sure they don't wake up." He pats the ridiculously large, bulging pocket in the front of his tunic, and says in a creepy kiddy voice, "Isn't that right, Yalla! Yes it is!"


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

To Sidhon, Noonan replies in monotone "Don't like rats, but this is a good job." Noonan pauses for a few seconds "I'll kill that fat one."

Noonan watches and listens to Zorg with curiosity--not able to reach a place of comfortable judgment about him--feeling a little kinship with this other ~whatever he is~ in their shared pleasure in the new career paths.

Not sure if he'd be easy to kill or not...but wary of the apparent magical ability.


Pluck chimes in Rats is fat. Not as lucky as Harmon Gruft! and nibbles eyes when they become available.

Rosie busies herself killing off rats. Don't like Scourge or that Plugg fella neither. Tried to take away me axe. I let 'im know nobody takes me axe without losin' a few tasty body parts. -smash! hack!- That horrid monstrosity of a quartermaster won't give me back me violin tho'. I'd like to get me a piece o her. -whack!-

Sandara adds her voice to Gilraen's. Yes if anyone needs healin', speak on up. And I might be able ta help ya in the mornin' overcome the filth of these vermin. -shudder- I see what yer sayin' Mr. Sidhon, but I'm not sure what we can do 'bout it. Scourge and Plugg seem to have the upper hand. And speakin' o' hands, Plugg seems to keep tryin' to put his on me. I'd 'preciate it Gilraen, if you could keep a weather eye out, that I'm not left alone wi' him too much. He seems to be 'fraid o' my communion wi' the Mighty Besmara, but not sure how long that'll last.

Conchie listens to everyone while casting an appreciative eye at Rosie's efficiency with the dealing of death. You are a most strange sort of lizard, Mr. Sidhon. For starters, you are speaking zees complex words and ideas. I zought your kind was more like heem, but it would appear you were actually trying to help me. Nods towards the baby-talking Zorg. As for you, insane pirate-goblin, your love of ze rats zeems inconseestant. Were you not beating zem to death quite happily for Mr. Plugg's pleasure, just two days ago?

~~~

Anyone who is *diseased*: Thanks to Sidhon, I realized that the diseased condition will take effect in a day or so, when you'll temporarily lose your dex and con points. To obtain a *cure* you have to make your saving throw two days in a row. Sandara (and perhaps Gilraen?) can help with a Guidance spell which will give you +1 to your fortitude save.

Sidhon: Days before effects set in: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Atlatl: Days before effects set in: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Conchobhar: Days before effects set in: 1d3 ⇒ 2


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg looks taken aback at Conchobar's comment. "Arrr, well, uh...", he began, splooshing around sheepishly as he continued to pet his familiar. "Yalla expressed her... concern... with me gettin' so much joy out of that task." He looked down at her beady little eyes. "But it's jus' that ye be so smart, I forget sometimes that ye be related at all to the lot of 'em!"


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

"Conchie, thanks for noticing. I'm not typical for my family. I was in boarding school with elves for years, partly because I'm a bit different, and in part that made me a bit different. Truce?"

Nudging Gilraen, Sidhon hisses (Sidhon's good at that..), "Go on, they're warmed up - but you can get 'em signed up to resist and get ready to fight back."


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Between rat slayings, Gilraen will respond to the various statements - this is not one big speech.

Rosie, the quartermaster is a fan of music - come down with me after dinner and offer to play something for her with me.

Sandara, you could do the same thing to avoid Plugg. Also, he's terrified of the woman mage, commenting about his actions when she's in earshot may help as well. While I wouldn't actually say something TO her, just near her.

She and Fishguts are actually the best of the crew. The two of them seem to be ostracized by the rest of the crew, maybe because they aren't sadistic SOBs. They also drink way too much - maybe for the same reason.

Noonan, wouldn't it be an even better job if you weren't treated like trash? Wouldn't it be better if you didn't have to worry about getting beaten or keelhauled for being late?

Sidhon has a point - we may not be able to do much now, but at some point I think we'll have to make a move if have any hope of long term survival. For the short term, we need to stay alive and acquire as many skills as we can. In the long term, though, I'm with Sidhon.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg looks increasingly excited as the conversation passes from Sidhon to Gilraen. "We be talking about eventually taking over this ship, aye? LET'S DO IT!" He puts his leathery paw forward, face down, as if to start a "go team!" huddle-type moment, and looks around expectantly at each of the others with a overly-toothy grin.


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Noonan corrects, "I meant I'll kill that fat PIRATE".

Noonan extends his arm slowly and places his hand a few inches from Zorg's. He looks downward, as well, and waits for a greater clue as to how this form of prayer works.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Gilraen goes ahead and puts her hand in.

We need to make certain we attract as little attention as possible until we are ready.

She pauses, then adds: I say we wait another couple minutes down here and make splashing & fighting noises - let's allow them to think this was more tough for us. We need to be just competent enough to avoid trouble, but not so competent as to make them realize we have the potential to be a threat.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Sidhon moves forward, puts his hand over Noonan's, presses it down to the hands of the others and says quietly but firmly, "Let's do it."


Sandara throws her hand in. I be in!

Conchobhar mutters I am not certain of zee strange kobolds, and zee crazed pirate goblins, but I am certain I hate Meesters Scourge and Plugg. For now at least we are allies.

Rosie chimes in Ye be talkin' mutiny... and I likes it! First chance we get, this ship'll be ours!

~~~

After Gilraen decides a sufficient interval has passed, Rosie bangs loudly on the hatch. Let us out of this stinkin' sewer! The rats are all dead.

After what seems an excessive amount of time the hatch bangs open and Kipper's face leers down at you. With mock concern he yells Is everyone alright down there? Anyone need the sawbones? Or a priest?

With distinct disappointment that none of you perished in the fight, Kipper inspects the dead rats and waves you on up. Alright then, don't stand there gawkin'. Dinner's already started. But if you hurry you might get to lick the bottom of the pot!

~~~

Its time for dinner, drinks, and evening activities.

Also let me know what you did with Sidhon and Atlatl's items, hid them again, I presume?


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

As the others splash around and make a racket, Sidhon and Atlatl gather together the loot and conceal it again. This time, Sidhon works with Atlatl to ensure their trove is above the waterline, but away from the bilge pump itself. "I'd like to convince someone to let me fix this pump - it'll help the ship's speed and maneuverability. But I don't want them to find our stuff if someone comes inspecting it."


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Gilraen will eat and retreat back to the galley, taking along anyone who wants to accompany her.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg winks at his new-found companions and scampers off for dinner. Still feeling the effects of the previous night's revelry, he takes only the required amount of rum for once and turns in quickly for a full night's rest.


Male: HP: 10/10 | DR5/cold | AC 15 | T 15 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +7 | W +2 | Init +5| Per +6 (+8 traps) Undine Ninja 1

This was the Fortitude save I rolled *today* for the poison attack (you can go to previous page to see it):

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

I believe I have to wait till tomorrow to roll again, yes?

Atlatl, works with Sidhon to hide the weapons and takes another look at the bilge pump, and nods to Sidhon as if to say "lets sneak away at some point and get this thing fixed"

Before heading up, Atlatl will take a last look around to see if anything was dropped or uncovered during the melee (just a reminder....invoking Eye For Plunder Trait)

Perception Check: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10

"Ironic all this flooding down here. A similar thing just happened in my homeland...."


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Speaking to Atlatl, Sidhon says, "A shame your flooding has already occurred. The Elves of the Mordant Spire tell of a system of small walls, pumps, and waterways, called dams and polders. It's used to convert shallow waters to land areas. It's very clever."

Isham will clean up well, ask a likely person to bind up his wounds. Not feeling so well, Isham will eat, redirect his rum as usual, then quickly go to sleep. The next morning, he will ask for a bit of blessing (guidance?) from one of the healer-oriented folk.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

apparently rat-bite is particularly bad for kobolds...


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Sidhon has a split personality that we don't know about?

Gilraen will cast guidance on two people to help them with their fort save in the morning. She'd do more, but she'd like to hang on to two zero level spells in case someone needs a stabilize during the day.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Wait - I'm an idiot. Gilraen has the healing skill. According to the description, it takes 10 minutes. A success gives the person a +4 on their next fort save.

She can do them in the galley after dinner - if she can convince Grok to let her see if there's a healer's kit in the supplies and use it if there is that would be another +2.

Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 (Sidhon - disease)
Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 (Conch - disease)
Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 (Conch - poison)
Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 (Atlatl - disease)


As you head for dinner, indeed only the burned scrapings at the bottom of the pot are left. Syl has set aside an extra large portion for Noonan tho'. She has smeared grease around her eyes in an erratic manner, and bats them furiously at Noonan when he arrives. Didja kill all the pretty ratses? You are sooo strong.

Everyone is still expected to drink their rum ration however. Everyone take a -1 to your constitution check, for drinking rum on an empty stomach.

Conchie turns to Gilraen. Zees will not do. Ze Conchobhar is very hungry after zinging so many of ze war ballads. Perhaps your cook friend weel allow me to sing for some supper?

Sandara agrees and whispers quietly. Yes perhaps Fishguts has a little extra food left over. It would be most welcome.

Rosie exclaims, not so quietly, And maybe that f!!$ing troll will give me my damned violin back!

@Atlatl-- I waited for a while for your disease roll, and then made it for you. You can use the good roll you made for tomorrow mornings check. It will succeed. You just need to succeed again the morning after to be free of the disease!

@Gilraen-- I join you in stupidity. I did not know the heal check could be used that way. Learned something new!


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Rum check: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 1 = 20 (really? what a waste of natural 20)

Gilraen will head down to the galley.

On the way there, she'll will look pointedly at Rosie and say to the entire group:
Everyone remember - kindness is not rewarded on this ship. Grok's under orders keep everything locked up. Any time she gives someone something without Plugg's orders, she's risking a beating AT BEST. So if she does return something of yours, be extremely grateful - and if it's something large, give it back to her when you aren't using it so that it's less likely she'll be caught.


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Nooonan replies to Syl "Killed lots of rats. Can I share the food?"


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Is it a Con check or a Fort check? I'll do a Fort check; you can subtract 2 if it is indeed a Con check

Yummy rum rum: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 1 = 16


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 (to find someone to foist a short grog on)


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

It might also behoove us to remember that she has access to our weapons, which means that if we have her support we might have an easier time when we decide to move.


So... finishing up this evening:

Syl gives Noonan a disappointed pout. Share? I guess. But I saved it for you. She bats her greasy eyelids at him.

Sidhon is able to transfer his grog into his old friend, Narwhal the Dwarf's, mug.
Narwhal's perception check to notice the extra grog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Nope, nope, doesn't notice a thing.

Zorg manages to stay sober for once.

Gilraen is followed to the Galley by a hungry Sandara, Rosie, and Conchie. (Anybody else?)

If Atlatl pops up, we'll see if he wants to join the Galley group. Otherwise he heads straight for bed after a long day of rat fighting.

We'll do a little more dialogue in the Galley before wrapping up tonight. Who else is going?


So it looks like most are turning in early.

Gilraen will head down to the Galley with Sandara, Conchie, and Rosie.

Fishguts beams jovially. I hear Mr. Scourge sent you on a grand adventure to the Bilges He spits after Scourge's name. Glad to see yer alright. Here, I saved some stew fer ye. And some rum. Who be yer friends?

Cut-Throat smiles blearily at Gilraen and the rest, until her eyes set on Rosie. Ye ill-mannered little rat! Get out of me Galley!

Rosie snarls back, I'll show you manners, you thricedamned troll! And reaches for her axe.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Gilraen will move between the two of them, facing Rosie, so that Cut-Throat can't see her face. She'll make eye contact, lift a hand in a "stop" gesture and speak calmly and quietly.

Relax - remember what you came down here for She'll slide her eyes to the equipment locker rather pointedly and back to Rosie. I know you're still wound up from the fight, but it's over. You and I were going to offer to perform some songs for Cut-Throat as a peace offering.

She will turn slightly to Cut-Throat. Rosie was saying she had a fiddle down here and I know a couple songs that go very well as a duet for flute and fiddle - maybe Conchie knows the words.

I don't know what got you two off on the wrong foot, but I think you would get along if you'd give it a chance.

There's no skill for "diffuse a situation and calm folks down", but I'm thinking it should be the same check as intimidate or diplomacy. I'm +4 in one and +6 in the other, so I'm taking a +5.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Also, as I talk, I'm going to do a sense motive check on Rosie to see if what I'm saying is having any effect.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Diplomacy seems to be more what youre looking for. Intimidate is more of a threat tactic. So a +6 then.

Rosie shakes her axe bluntly toward Cut Throat. She tried to take me axe! No one takes me axe unless they be gettin' the blade 'tween their eyes!

We just shanghaied ye! We can't letcher keep yer weapons, don't be daft. Ye might gut us in our sleep.

But when Gilraen speaks, both women back down slowly.

Fishguts seems relieved. He doesn't seem to have much of an appetite for fighting. Here, enough stew for everyone!

Magnificent! chirps Conchie. He might have been talking about the overdue dinner, but as usual he's gazing in admiration at Rosie.

Fishguts tries to relax the still-tense Cut-Throat. Didja hear the girl say sumthin' 'bout playing music? Go get the violin and lets have us a tune.

Cut-Throat pauses for a second, but then the temptation is too much. She goes and gets Rosie's violin. Rosie's eyes tear up as if catching a glimpse of a long-lost lover. She puts the bow to the strings and plays one long note with her eyes closed, waiting to wake up from a dream. But the one note quickly turns to a lively jig. With Gilraen's flute and Conchie's baudy lyrics (and an abundance of rum) the Galley becomes quite merry. Sandara even spins Fishguts for a couple of turns around the floor.

Finally, in the wee hours of the morning, laughing and exhausted, everyone decides to call it a night.

Yer not so bad for a little runt. burbles Cut Throat.

And yer not so bad for a demented troll. spits back Rosie.

Keep the violin Cut Throat says to her and she looks around conspiratorially and I'm not s'posed to do this 'til you've been around a while, but I ken tell yer good sorts. She scrabbles thru the stockroom and comes back with some locks. Then she points to footlockers. There. Each one a you take one. And come get yer stuff back. I guess ye've earned it fighting giant rats with yer bare hands. And if anyone gives ya grief, send 'em ta me. I'm the Quartermaster round here.

Magnificent sighs Conchie once again.

Everyone gets 500 xp for the day!


Are you guys level 2 yet? I was pausing to see. But perhaps not quite, so onward.

The next morning there is a now-horribly-familiar clamor of the hideous clock.

Noonan Plugg is clearly irritated with you and is sending you high up to the crows nest to be a lookout.
Lookout: A climb to the crow’s nest 60 feet up, requiring DC 10 Climb checks followed by a DC 10 Perception check.

Atlatl and Sidhon you are going to be run ragged today sending messages back and forth. Remember your disease penalties when rolling.
Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers
of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except
officers’ cabins (areas A4 and A5), requiring a DC 10
Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check.
Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being
fatigued at the end of the shift. A PC with the Run feat
automatically succeeds at this task.

Sidhon if you would like to try another diplomacy check to be "Guy in Charge of Repairing Stuff" nows the time.

Gilraen Fishguts will teach you a little cooking today. He has enough fish left, so he just wants you to stay and gossip and drink with him. You will have to drink an extra rum ration.
Bull Session: Drinking with Ambrose Kroop and
listening to his stories. The cook’s mate must
drink an additional rum ration, but is able to take
an additional ship action during the day.

~~~
Disease Effects

If I recall, Gilraen is going to help the others with their saves. Everyone needs a fortitude save this morning, and again tomorrow morning to "recover" from the rat's bite. Altatl has already made his today.

Sidhon: Days before effects set in: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Atlatl: Days before effects set in: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Conchobhar: Days before effects set in: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Atlatl and Sidhon are each at -1 Con and -1 Dex. (Conchie's will set in tomorrow. It may have been more, but I can't find the posts. We'll say everyone diseased is 1 point down on each.)


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Sidhon spends the day running messages around the ship, but seizes an opportunity along the way to team up with Gilraen and try to get appointed 'mr. fix-it', before he gets any sicker.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 1 = 13
CON check: 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 1 - 2 = 3
Diplmacy(aid another), DC10: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 2 = 3

As a result of a combination of feeling unwell and being fatigued from the running around the ship, as well as trying to do many things at the same time, Sidhon fails to make a positive impression in support of Gilraen's presentation on his behalf.

New Condition (yah! I'm collecting them!) Fatigued - neither run nor charge, -2 Str, -2 Dex


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Climbing:
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 4 = 27
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 4 = 19
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 4 = 25
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 = 16
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 = 17
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 4 = 26
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 = 15
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 4 = 20
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 4 = 18

Perception:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Does this mean I get to sleep in? :)


Oy! Oy! How could I overlook Zorg the CreepY? He is in the group with Atlatl and Sidhon.

Gilraen, did you already roll to help Conchobhar and Sidhon with their Fortitude saves? And were you going to roll for his diplomacy check as well?


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 (Sidhon - disease)
Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 (Conch - disease)
Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 (Conch - poison)
Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 (Atlatl - disease)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Constitution: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Zorg scampers to and fro with his usual maniacal glee, saluting each crew member after delivering the message in his best piratey voice. While he's a bit winded after the day's tasks, it's clear he enjoyed weaving in and out of the traffic on the deck, rolling between legs and hopping over tiny obstacles, emitting a high pitched "Whee!" each time.


So the disease is DC 11, and the poison is DC 10, so Gilraen made all four checks!!!! +4 to each save.

Sandara will also throw in Resistance for each save, giving an additional +1 per save.

Sidhon: Fort save vs Disease; even with a +5 giving him an "8" he misses his save. Fatigued, as you say.

Its astounding. Sidhon stands behind Gilraen barely managing to stay upright, and trying to interject useful comments between retching up bits of last nights' dinner. Yet somehow Gilraen weaves a magical tapestry of words, not understanding half of the technical terms herself, and still pursuades a dumbfounded Shivikah to stammer Uh, yeah, ok. Why don't you show us sumthin'. Go fix the bilge pump or sumthin'.

Sidhon, can you find me the ship crafting link again?

Atlatl: Already rolled splendiforously well, and with a +5 he hardly notices anything wrong (although it still is and he has to make his daily skill checks with a -1 to dex, and -1 to con.

And he will have to roll well tomorrow to be free.

Noonan Much to Plugg's disappointment Noonan shimmies up the ropes with great ease and guides the ship away from submerged reefs.
Pluck sings happily alongside him. Yo ho ho! Yum yum yum. Eyeballs in my tum tum tum!

Conchobhar
Fortitude Save vs Disease: 1d20 + 1 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 1 + 5 = 9
Fortitude Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 1 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 1 + 5 = 9
Oyyy! He fails both even with the help.
-1 Strength, -1 Constitution, -1 Dexterity. The only good thing for him is that his symptoms don't kick in until tomorrow.

Now poor Conchie needs to try to run messages around the ship.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 MADE IT.
Con: 1d20 ⇒ 8 FAILED! Fatigued.

Any other activities for today?

Tomorrow I will move on to evening. I've got a little fun planned.


DAY 5; EVENING

So after a fun filled day of running up and down and around for everyone, Mr. Plugg seems a little happier that most of you are exhausted. After everyone has had today's stew and rum rations...

Everyone make a Fortitude Save DC 5, with modifications if diseased, or be Fatigued. (-d3 to Con for 8 hours). Gilraen needs to make 2 rum checks.

... Plugg gets a wide grin and calls you all up to the main deck for some entertainment. When you get there, you see a sad, but determined looking Owlbear, held by a chain around his neck.

Some of your favorites like Kipper, and Fipps, and Narwhal cheer.

Let's all have us a bit 'o fun, right? Anyone who can knock down my boy here will get this! He jingles a coin purse. 100 Crowns for the man who thinks he's strong enough to best my boy in a clean fight. No weapons. None o them magick tricks. Just good man-to-man combat. Anyone brave enough?

You see Fipps (the big, fat one) start to walk towards the circle.

DC 10 Perception Check:
You see Fipps fondle a knife in a wrist sheath, and check it for release.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Fort: 1d20 + 2 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 1 - 2 = 3
Told you I was collecting the whole set. Now I get to add 'exhausted'.
It was challenging to not die today, so Sidhon's going to get to sleep as early as possible tonight.


Soooo... you're not going to wrestle Owlbear then?


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Sidhon wracks his brain for some way to help Owlbear avoid his current plight.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Sidhon's current condition does not lend him any inspiration. Finding himself next to a coil of rope, Sidhon curls himself into a small, ill-feeling ball within the coil of rope. Sidhon arranges himself to avoid notice, fade into the darkling evening, and tune out the cruel theater about to be enacted.

stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

If Sidhon is able, he will allow himself to sleep. Not what he'd have done if he saw Fipps' knife. But, no such luck...
and nope, me and my current total of 3 Str won't even wrestle Zorg's spider at the moment.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Zorg whoops with excitement once he realizes what is happening, and tries to find a spot where he can see the action yet stay out of the way. He certainly makes no move to put himself forward as a contestant.


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Noonan doesn't really care much about Owlbear, nor how he's treated.

However, he's also not interested in putting on a show for the likes of Fipps, Kipper, and Narwhal.

Noonan takes a spot next to his new green comrade (Zorg) and waits for the show to begin.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"Looks like that thing dies tonight" Noonan mutters quietly to Zorg, nodding towards Fipps while pointing at his own wrist.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg smiles at Noonan, and nods, but has a puzzled frown as he looks from the barbarian to Fipps. "What do you mean?" he whispers.


Not even for the money, huh? I thought 100 gold pieces would be tempting at least. Nuthin? Well, I'll give Atlatl a chance to weigh in, and then... dunh dunh daaaaah...


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

"Fipps got a a knife."


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Noonan gives it a second or two of more consideration and shouts out "Fipps, no WEAPONS, ya' fat F***!"


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23, assuming DC10

Hearing Noonan's shout, Sidhon peers at Fipps more closely, trying to see what had Noonan upset.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Seeing Fipps checking his knife for release, Sidhon gathers together the dregs of the minor magics (prestidigitation) he had used earlier, and ensures that one of the straps on Noonan's sheath has trapped the blade in its scabbard.

Noonan is allowed a DC13 Will save to avoid the effect of the minor magic. If he doesn't he'll have to wrestle with the blade to free it - no real challenge, but non-trivial to do without being obvious.

Sidhon also looks about (somewhat more engaged now) to see if there's anything heavy and high that might be 'jiggered' to fall on or near Fipps. A hung lantern, swinging boom, furled sail, or something similar would be right in line...

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Sidhon's careful survey of the deck a couple of nights previously, and the day's work running all over the ship has obviously provided some inspiration.


I'll give Gilraen and Atlatl a chance to weigh in on this, before adjudicating.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg takes another look and bounces up and down on the crate he had chosen for a seat, smiling a toothy smile, especially after Noonan calls out. It's not entirely clear why, but he starts chanting something in goblin with a sparkle it his eyes. It sounds almost like a ritual, clearly something he's uttered many times before.

Understand goblin?:

Mayhem, melee, chaos too!
Choke your foe until he's blue!
Bite his leg and stab his back!
If all that fails, just punch his sack!

501 to 550 of 803 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Apocalypso's Skull & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.