Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Apocalypso's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Apocalypso

Aye, the compass doesn't point North, but we're not trying to find North, are we?


1 to 50 of 803 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Arrr Mates, either from thirst for adventure at sea, or by the push of an ill wind, ye have run aground here, in Port Peril.

When ye stop to ask an elderly swab to point ye to a tavern, he hides a laugh behind a cough, and points ye to the Formidably Maid. As you turn to go you could have sworn you heard him mumble...You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany...

The tavern, if you want to call it that, is little more than four walls, a bar, some tables and stools. It is poorly lit, probably by design. And the place looks as though it fears the touch of a mop, and a stiff breeze could easily take it down. Ill-washed characters lurk in every corner. Some gather in two's and three's to discuss business that requires them to continuously look over their shoulders for fear of being overheard. In short, there is little to recommend the place except that it keeps off (some of) the rain.

A bar maid, who might have been pretty once, before life on the edge of nowhere drained her dry, attempts a smile, and asks if you’d like a drink.

You guys can do a little roleplaying here at the tavern, as we work up your characters. Order a drink. Play cards. Get in a drunken brawl. Schmooze with the other patrons. The adventure will formally begin "tomorrow morning", after your press ganging.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Hello - beg your pardon, I need a bit of grog from the bar. Yes, me, down here.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

A bluish creature about three feet high, clearly a goblin, trundles in, his head looking more like a football with huge pointy ears and way too many teeth than anything else. He wears what might be described as stereotypical pirate garb - that is, if it were constructed by a nearsighted 10-year old solely from scraps taken from the village dump-heap. He flips up his eye patch and offers an enthusiastic "Arrrh!" to the guffaws of the Formidably Maid's regulars

He scampers up a stool and surveys his neighbors at the bar with very little subtlety. When the bar maid arrives, he replies, "Yes, I am thirsty," apparently failing to grasp that there might be some choice in beverage.


The barmaid does a little double take as the two strange creatures trundle in, one after the other. They are odd, even for this cretinous port. Summoning a weary smile on the fading hope the small misfits might be aware of the custom of tipping, she says Ah, yes, well, welcome to the Formidably Maid. I'm AnnaMarie. We have a homebrewed ale that's quite popular, or a spiced rum if you'd like something stronger...


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Sidhon watches the rather flamboyant goblin scamper to the bar. He considers his own dark gray tunic and breeches, and the black leather toolbelt that calls him out as something other than 'just another sailor' - professionally. As a kobold, and a kobold of rather unusual coloring, his odds of anonymity on ship or on shore were never good. But the toolbelt marked him as a shipwright, not just an oddball.

Cocking his yellow-striped head, and fixing his large, shining black eyes on AnnaMarie, Sidhon said, "My thanks AnnaMarie - a grog would suit nicely. And a bite from the stew-pot. And if you can find it, a small stick of charcoal. I'll take it over there." Sidhon waved his somoewhat outsized hand - midnight black with prominent ebony claws - towards a corner of the Formidably Maid, near an active card game.

As Sidhon sidles off in that direction (his long, reptilian tail lending a smidgeon of swagger), Sidhon struggles inwardly between a native cautionary desire to hang back ('cowardice' an inward voice taunts him), and a desire to fit in with this motley collection of hyper-individualists as easily as that peg-legged half-orc holding court at the far end of the bar. But Sidhon settles for a seat next to the card players, close enough to listen in, and maybe turn his chair to participate.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Rum... pirates drink that, don't they? I think so... Zorg bobs his head enthusiastically in agreement, "Arrh, yes, some rum, please!" Pleased with himself, he looks around to see if anyone has noticed him just ordering a rum.


AnnaMarie raises an eyebrow and holds back a smirk at Zorg's attempts to portray himself as a fearsome pirate. Receiving a nod from a shadowed figure behind the bar (the proprietor perhaps?) she hands Zorg a half-mug of rum. First one's on the house She chirps cheerfully.

Then AnnaMarie swings over toward the card game in the corner, artfully dodging a groping hand on the way. Here's your grog, and a cup of stew... the clams were fresh-caught this morning. Um, it'll take me a bit to round up a stick of charcoal... would a coal from the firepit do? While the puffed up goblin is amusing, AnnaMarie has no idea what to make of the well-mannered kobold.

The latest hand of poker comes to a hotly contested finish. Ye had that same exact ace last hand, ye cheatin' swine! Empty yer sleeves, or forfeit the pot! yells a leather-skinned human at a shifty eyed halfling. A sniveling lackey to the loudmouth, pulls on his sleeve and whispers to him, nodding at the nearby kobold.

Eh, what's this? Fresh meat? Put yer 5 coppers on the table and take yer cards... or be on yer way. This is no place for gawkin'

Refer to Kestryl's poker in Game Info, for rules.


"Thank you AnnaMarie. I'll pass on the coal from the fire - it's a taste and texture thing, not a heat thing. Is there a local blacksmith you could direct me to for tomorrow?" Sidhon listens intently to AnnaMarie's response, ignoring (but not pointedly) the shouty human behind him.

Sidhon turns to the cards table. "Thank you for your gracious invitation. Have you decided to pummel the halfling, or deal him back in?" Taking 15 coppers and 2 silver from a pouch, "I believe I'll take the usual number of cards - five isn't it?" And Sidhon antes 5 coppers.

deal:

Phase I
1d4 ⇒ 31d13 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 31d13 ⇒ 5
1d4 ⇒ 31d13 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 21d13 ⇒ 7
1d4 ⇒ 41d13 ⇒ 1

Phase II
"What lovely cards. I'll check."

Looking around the table, Sidhon sizes up the other players. "What's happening recently? I haven't made landfall here in recent months. Anyone interesting in port? Any interesting cadavres wash up on the strand?"


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

A waft of zesty sour human stench that surpasses that of the already ripe tavern stank announces the presence of a large, scarred and very still man. He stands to the side of the main entrance--back to the wall--taking everything in. Aside from his size and scars, the most notable thing about him is that, aside from a frown, all he wears is a strategically placed gourd (which appears to suggest either modesty or practicality).

He appears not to want company...or drink.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg nods his thanks to AnnaMarie and grabs the mug with both his leathery blue hands. He takes a sip and his eyes pop open, his already too-wide smile widening further, rum dribbling from one corner. He eagerly gulps down the rest in one go and looks around for AnnaMarie.

When he gets her attention, he "Arr har. That be good rum. I'll have 'nother.". While he waits, he bounces up and down on his stool like a child waiting for his birthday cake to come in from the kitchen, emitting a low but gleeful cackle. He also looks around the tavern and its current patrons. He pauses at the sight of the near-naked human as well as those engaged in the card game in the corner, squinting for some reason in particular at the latter.


@the bar: AnnaMarie tries without success to avoid staring at the odd little goblin. She's heard all the stories of what mean, unpredictable creatures goblins are, but to have one walk in, in "pirate" garb and order rum from her, stretches her imagination to its limits. And within moments of the kobold walking in too? She shakes her head. Perhaps she's dreaming. When Zorg is still staring at her expectantly, she takes his mug and refills it. There ya go, er...sir. That'll be 3 coppers this time.

@the cardgame Well, in light of our new comrade joining us for a game, I suppose we can let our little disagreement slide, eh Hammish? The grizzled sailor gives the halfling a mighty slap on the back, causing him to choke momentarily on his pint. The halfling quickly nods agreement, seizing his escape and his winnings from the previous round. Hammish begins to size up his new opponent with alert, darting eyes. And deals cards for himself, the weathered sailor (Hugh), and his sidekick (Sy)

Hammish's cards:

1d4 ⇒ 21d13 ⇒ 10
1d4 ⇒ 11d13 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 11d13 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 41d13 ⇒ 8
1d4 ⇒ 21d13 ⇒ 1

Hugh's cards:

1d4 ⇒ 31d13 ⇒ 7
1d4 ⇒ 21d13 ⇒ 7
1d4 ⇒ 21d13 ⇒ 7
1d4 ⇒ 41d13 ⇒ 9
1d4 ⇒ 41d13 ⇒ 13

reroll duplicate: 1d4 ⇒ 41d13 ⇒ 13
reroll duplicate#2: 1d4 ⇒ 31d13 ⇒ 7
reroll duplicate#3: 1d4 ⇒ 11d13 ⇒ 7

B-but, I don't w-want no c-cards, Hugh. You always ch-chee..
Hugh pounds him soundly on the back. ...win. he concludes sadly.

Nonsense, Sy. Now don't go scaring off our new friend. He might get lucky. He has a lucky look to 'im, don't he Sy?

Whatever you say, Hugh Resigned, Sy puts his five coppers in the pot, and takes his cards.

Sy's cards:

1d4 ⇒ 41d13 ⇒ 4
1d4 ⇒ 31d13 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 41d13 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 41d13 ⇒ 12
1d4 ⇒ 11d13 ⇒ 5

Phase II:
Hearing the kobold's check, the halfling gives a little smirk, and raises the pot 3 coppers. Hugh grins broadly and says, I'll see yer 3 and raise 2 more. It's 5 to you Sy.
A brief twinkle of hope flashes across Sy's face, and then he looks up at who he's playing with and the hope vanishes. I fold.
Hugh gets indignant. You can't fold! We've barely started playing.He grabs five coppers from Sy's dwindling pile and throws them into the pot. Now, ye're having fun!
Its back to you, my stripey friend.

@Noonan's entrance: The scent is what assails everyone first. Then the echo of the flimsy door slamming open (and some splinters flying free). The previous stench of sour mash and the unwashed sweat of weeks doesn't begin to overpower the reek that the massive, scarred human exudes. Everything halts to stillness in the formerly rowdy bar.

At a curt nod from the proprietor AnnaMarie summons her courage to approach the pungent man. Would you, uh...like a drink, sir? she squeaks. Seeing that he has nowhere to keep his coin, except... she adds The first one is one the house.


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

"No." No noticeable change in expression is offered. No movement other than a slow, continuous scanning of the tavern patrons for someone or something


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

"Ah. I believe I see how the game is played in this tavern. I'll see the current pot," and Sidhon pushes 5 more cp into the pot.

Phase III:
keeping AD, 2D, 5D (drawing to the flush or straight, potential straight flush)
1d4 ⇒ 11d13 ⇒ 8
1d4 ⇒ 21d13 ⇒ 8

before looking at the cards.. in character or out...
"Oh, what a shame. Hugh, it appears you've bested me," in a slightly bored, unamused tone (for them as can distinguish tones in a kobold voice).

Sidhon looks at his cards. With his drawn pair of 8s, A high, he spins all his cards back to the dealer face down.

Sidhron waits for the right opportunity, then uses mage hand to cause a passing bar-fly's stein to clip Hugh's head, and ensure the contents spill copiusly, soaking Hugh thoroughly. Sidhon isn't terribly choosy about which passing patron to pick, feeling assured that most customers at this bar don't fill the role of 'innocent bystander'.

sleight of hand (?):
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

note that Sidhon won't create a provocation 'using' bar staff, women, or children (they belong in the lifeboats, not bar brawls).


@ Cardgame:
Hammish grins 3 for me

Hammish's cards:

He discards all but ace of spades, and ace of hearts
1d4 ⇒ 41d13 ⇒ 11
1d4 ⇒ 11d13 ⇒ 11
1d4 ⇒ 31d13 ⇒ 8

Hugh grins even more broadly I'll only be needing the one.

Hugh's cards:

Hugh keeps 7 of spades, 7 of hearts, 7 of diamonds, K of clubs
1d4 ⇒ 11d13 ⇒ 1

Sy sighs Well, give me two I guess

Sy's cards:

Sy keeps ace of diamonds, ace of clubs, and queen of clubs
1d4 ⇒ 31d13 ⇒ 12
1d4 ⇒ 11d13 ⇒ 4

We'll presume some furious betting ensued. When everyone laid down their cards it was:
Hammish: A-D, A-C, J-S, J-C, 8-D: 2 pair, Aces & Jacks
Hugh: A-S, 7-S, 7-H, 7-D, K-C: 3 of a kind, Sevens
Sy: A-S, A-H, 4-S, Q-C, Q-D: 2 pair, Aces & Queens
Sidhon:(If I followed you correctly)A-D, 2-D, 5-D, 8-S, 8-H: pair of Eights

Hugh gloats and takes his winnings. Looks like I be the luckiest of all, har!

Anyone who cares to make a perception check about the card game, has to make a perception roll and beat a 5 to read the following:
(dice)1d20+your perception bonus(/dice)

Perception 5:
Both Sidhon and Hammish had the Ace of Diamonds

Sidhon:
You also discarded the Ace of Clubs that Hammish is currently holding. As far as you can tell Hugh didn't actually cheat (this time)

This is the moment where Harold the half-Orc leans too close in watching the game (he's trying to learn the rules) and his ale goes tumbling right on top of Hugh's head.

Perception 20 (you have to roll a 20 or better to see this):

You saw Sidhon make a slight gesture right before the well-balanced ale decided to tip itself over.

Hugh, Hammish, Sy, and Harold's perception checks: 4d20 ⇒ (11, 15, 1, 19) = 46

Hugh's grin of victory quickly turns to an apopleptic splutter: You, you clumsy lout! Besmara take your eyes! Why don'tcha watch where yer going?

Strangely the much larger half-orc backs away. He knows something is amiss but can't quite figure out what. I didn't mean nuthin' by it. It were an accident!

Things might have calmed down from there, except that poor Harold backs into AnnaMarie, who is holding a tray of drinks. The drinks promptly spill onto three rough looking characters. The first of them raises his hand to strike the barmaid.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

'Blast! that wasn't the plan. This could hurt a bit <sigh>. Here goes nothing.' thinks Sidhron. He slides out of his chair, and attempts to jump between AnnaMarie and the descending blow.

I think that makes for initiative - which I'm including below, though I understand the GM may be collecting actions and initiatives separately.
Initiative (?): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Initiate Grapple (using CMB, and provoking attacks of opportunity): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


For now we'll just post everything here, so everyone can see what's happening. Anyone else want in on the bar fight? Tough guy is about to hit the bar maid. Roll initiative (dice)1d20+your initiative bonus(/dice)


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg bounces off his chair excitedly as he sees some mayhem approaching. Perhaps unwisely, he targets the much larger thug that is threatening AnnaMarie. Not the bringer of rum!

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Barfight Round 1:
After seeing the rolls, I'm putting numbers to show sequence. I can't rearrange them into order, unfortunately because Paizo's dice roller will insist on keeping the rolls in the same sequence, so:

1. Tough #1: will continue his unarmed swing at AnnaMarie
Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 (I gave him a bonus for being the first to act. You have to beat his initiative roll to go before he hits.)
Attack:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage (non-lethal): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

5. AnnaMarie will attempt to dodge the blow:
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CMD: 1d20 ⇒ 2

OUCH! TOUGH #1 IS VERY FAST. ANNAMARIE HAS NO HOPE TO DODGE HIM, AND NONE OF YOU CAN GET THERE FIRST. ANNAMARIE TAKES 4 POINTS OF NON-LETHAL DAMAGE.

6. Hugh yells at Harold the Half-orc some more because of his additional clumsiness, and will attempt to grapple him.
Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Grapple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

3. Harold will attempt to avoid being grappled by Hugh.
Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 18
CMD: 1d20 ⇒ 5

ON THE OTHER HAND HUGH ACTS VERY SLOWLY. HAROLD HAS PLENTY OF TIME TO STEP AWAY AND AVOID HUGH'S GRIP.

2. Hammish decides not to get involved, and will take a 5' step back on his turn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

HAMMISH EASILY GETS AWAY BEFORE MORE TROUBLE COMES HIS DIRECTION.

7. Sy, Tough #2, and Tough #3, won't act this round until they get a better sense of how their friends are faring.

3. ZORG: YOU AREN'T FAST ENOUGH TO STOP TOUGH #1 THIS ROUND, BUT HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S WINDING UP TO HIT HER AGAIN. WHAT DO YOU DO?

4. SIDHON: YOU WILL BE NEXT AFTER ZORG.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg attempts to send the toughs off to nighty-night time, his incantation a bit like a children's lullaby.

"Goodnight thug, face like bug,
time to rest on tavern rug."

Casts sleep, positioning himself so that the spell affects thug #1 first (assuming failed save), DC is Will 15


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Tough #1 doesn't want to take a backhand attack of opportunity at either of Zorg or Sidhon?

Sidhon gives a great hiss, waves his arms, and makes himself as large and threatening as possible, between barmaid and toughs. "AnnaMarie is off limits. It was him that pushed!" he yells, pointing a black-black-black claw directly at Hugh.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

OOC: okay, so maybe they'll all giggle themselves into fits, even if they're not actually intimidated.


@Zorg: are you using the spell or the hex for sleep? Like the ditty, btw!

@Sidhon: We'll play Zorg first then you. So you want to incur attacks of opportunity AND ridicule, eh? There will be opportunities...
Also... update me on Maguses and their special weapon, and specifically yours, what's specially special? A private message would be fine.

@Everybody else-- there's still time to jump in for round two of the mayhem.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3
Apocalypso wrote:

@Sidhon: We'll play Zorg first then you. So you want to incur attacks of opportunity AND ridicule, eh? There will be opportunities...

Also... update me on Maguses and their special weapon, and specifically yours, what's specially special? A private message would be fine.

Glutton for punishment. sidhon's got guilt for getting AnnaMarie in trouble. He's also NOT being the first one to draw steel.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

This is the spell. A sea witch doesn't get any hexes until 2nd level. :(


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

“Hitting an unarmed serving woman? My, doesn’t that make you something special.” Disdain drips from the voice at the doorway. The woman behind the voice is an Aasimar of elven background. Her purple eyes flash with anger at the tough who struck AnneMarie. Her appearance is striking – and strikingly out of place – long black hair (Or is it dark purple? The light is too dim to tell) with silvery-lavender highlights spills over a clean, expensive looking deep blue cloak. Underneath the cloak, a dress that matches the lavender of her hair is visible. If she is carrying a weapon, it is either in the bag she carries or hidden beneath the cloak.


Oookay. Next skill I need to develop is putting a grid and character tokens onto a map. It can be done... I just can't figure it out today. (easy suggestions, within software I already have, are gratefully appreciated) So I'll try to type up something to give you an idea of who is where. Hopefully the format holds... I'll give you a real map by next combat, I promise.

W..........................................W
W..........................................W
W.....Ham......................T2..........W
W..........................................W
W......................T1....TTT...........W
W....................AM.Sid........T3......W
W.................Har......................W
W...........................................D
W...............Hu..TTT............Gil....D
W...........................................D
W....................Sy.............Noon.D
W..........................................W
W..........................................W
W........Zorg..............................W
BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Coulda probably gotten maptools figured out in the time it took to do that AND the format didn't hold anyway. -sigh- Well, at least you should have the jist. W= Wall, D=Door, B= Bar, TTT=Table. Each character takes up about a 5' square. Obviously the bar is bigger and there are more patrons, but this will have to suffice.

T1 Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
T2 Will Save: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6

Tough 1 doesn't get attack of opportunity because Zorg's spell goes off first. Although he does drift off with a stunned look on his face between the comically chivalrous kobold and the stunning aasimar.

T1 and T2 both promptly fall to the floor in a deep sleep.


Top of Round 2:

Initiatives
Tough 1: 25 (sleeping)
Hammish, 22
Sy, 19
Harold, 18
Zorg, 18
X3, 18
Sidhon, 16
Gilraen, 13
AnnaMarie, 8
X2, 7
X1, 3
Hugh, 1
Tough 3, 1
Tough 2, (sleeping)

Sy: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Tough3: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Three random patrons decide they want a piece of the action, even though they don't have a dog in the fight.

X1:1d20 ⇒ 3
X2:1d20 ⇒ 7
X3:1d20 ⇒ 18

Gilraen, roll initiative if you wish to do something this round.
And congrats on a great first post! You even formatted it perfectly!

W..........................................W
W..........................................W
W.....Ham......................T2..........W
W..........................................W
W........X1............T1....TTT...........W
W....................AM.Sid........T3......W
W.................Har......................W
W...........................................D
W...............Hu..TTT............Gil....D
W...........................................D
W.....X2.............Sy.............Noon.D
W..............................X3.........W
W..........................................W
W........Zorg..............................W
BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBBB


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Round 2:

Tough 1: 25 (sleeping)
Hammish, 22
Sy, 19
Harold, 18
X3, 18
Zorg, 18 <==
Sidhon, 16
Gilraen, 13
AnnaMarie, 8
X2, 7
X1, 3
Hugh, 1
Tough 3, 1
Tough 2, (sleeping)

* Tough 1 is sleeping.
* Hammish scouts for a pocket to pick in the mayhem.
* Sy sees that Tough 1 is down and wants to impress Hugh. He runs over
and gives Harold a shove (no damage). Yah! It's your fault, echoing Sidhon.
* Harold is perplexed why everyone is blaming him, and he's starting to get angry. Not my fault! Accident! Don't push Harold. Harold get angry. He shoves Sy back.
* X3 runs to the nearest combatant he can find (Hugh), spins him around and tries to punch him. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10... but only grazes him lightly.

W..........................................W
W..........................................W
W.....Ham......................T2..........W
W..........................................W
W........X1............T1-S.TTT...........W
W....................AM.Sid........T3......W
W.................Har......................W
W...............Sy..........................D
W...............Hu..TTT............Gil....D
W.................X3..........................D
W.....X2..........................Noon.D
W.........................................W
W..........................................W
W........Zorg..............................W
BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBBB

The next 3 people to act, go ahead and post your intended actions.


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Somewhat perplexed, but pleased, that Tough#1 has fallen down asleep, Sidhon steps up on Tough#1, holds his hand out (up, actually...) to AnnaMarie, and says, "If milady cares to...?", and will walk calmly with AnnaMarie northward, away from Harold, Sy, Hugh, and the other aggressive-looking patrons. 'honor satisfied, and enough reason not to get deeply engaged.'

Conversationally, to AnnaMarie, "I don't know who put that lout to the ground, but it was certainly timely."

OOC: Sidhon is assuming that AnnaMarie has enough experience with bar brawls to head to a calm place near the edge.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

I approach Sidhon & AnnaMarie "I'll heal you if you allow me to."

If she lets me, I'll mutter to her as I do so:
“What idiots men can be.”


Leaving in 5 hours for minnesota so no more time to post tonite. We need Zorg's next move in any case. And I've decided to play the bar for one more day to give Rich and Michael a chance to jump in. We'll defintitely start on board ship by Tuesday. Good posting so far....


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg does a manic jig as two large humans drop to the tavern floor, sound asleep. He repeats the spell, this time targeting the two new combatants nearest him. X2 and X3

"I guess more men here need to slumber,
and rather do it on inn's lumber.
If combat over before you wake,
all your goodies Zorg will take!"


X2 will save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
X3 will save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Tough 1: 25 (sleeping)
Hammish, 22
Sy, 19
Harold, 18
X3, 18 (awake)
Zorg, 18
Sidhon, 16
Gilraen, 13
AnnaMarie, 8
X2, 7 (sleeping)
X1, 3
Noonan <==
Hugh, 1
Tough 3, 1
Tough 2, (sleeping)

X2 promptly falls to the ground.
X3 feels sleepy for a second and then shakes it off.

Dubiously, AnnaMarie accepts Sidhon's escort out of the fray, and gratefully accepts Gilraen's offer of help.

X1 jumps on Harold (grapple check) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Harold easily shakes him off and X1 slides to the ground.

Noonan-- if you want to go, I'll let you go now. Otherwise I'll finish this round tonight.


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Noonan is initially unphased by the fracas...as he continues to survey the place. His eyes stop and narrow, however, as they make contact with the Tough guy #3.

Noonan walks with harmful purpose straight to Tough guy #3 and will take a roundhouse swing at his face with a fist full of brass knuckles.

Initiative (if necessary, given that Tough 2 appears occupied):
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The swing
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Damage
Not sure how to do the damage (if I hit)...li'l help?


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


End of Round 2:

Noonan lands a solid punch on Tough Guy #3's face. He is very injured and staggered, but not quite down.

Hugh goes for Harold the Half Orc, looking for someone to blame again. This is all your fault you clumsy oaf! Now you'll get whats coming! Harold swings. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 And misses the deceptively nimble Half-Orc by a mile.

Tough Guy #3 attempts to swing back at Noona. Wha...? You again!1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 And... takes another point of damage as he stumbles on a stool and crashes to the floor.


Round 3:
The tavern erupts into pandemonium with everyone swinging at everyone else! Chairs crash! Bottles smash! Punches fly! Within moments its impossible to tell which fists and guts belong to whom.


Sidhon:
As you valiantly struggle to protect AnnaMarie and the lovely elven-looking maiden, a lethargy sneaks up on you. You tell your muscles to raise weapon, you tell your mouth to form spells... but to no avail. Despite your best efforts to stay awake you find yourself sinking to the floor, unconscious.

Zorg:
The effectiveness of your spells gives you cause for glee. You are quite the jaunty pirate now, surely everyone can see that. But as you try to find AnnaMarie to protect her from the mayhem, or anyone deserving of your piratey wrath, a strange sluggishness overtakes you. It's hard to see anything clearly. At first you think its the general chaos, but then you can't seem to stop yourself from falling to the floor.

Gilraen:
You lend AnnaMarie aid, and she seems very appreciative of your soothing magic. In fact, she considers just for a moment, before deciding to warn you. "Look, this here ain't a good place to be t'nite. If'n I were you, I'd leave right now." But just as you start to ask her what she means, you recognize a tingle of magic hit your defenses. Your resistance is usually strong, but this magic is stronger. Before you can respond, you slide to the ground, unconscious

Noonan:
Tough #3 goes to the floor in a comical heap. And just as you're about to follow him and finish him off, a few of what seem to be his friends jump on you. You erupt in rage to good effect, and your assailants fly in every direction. This goes on for many rounds. All comers at you find themselves flying across the room. You hold out long enough to see some figures putting gags, hemp bags over the heads, and tying the hands of half a dozen of the taverns patrons. The dark figure behind the bar nods and smiles with satisfaction. Just as you consider going to help some of the captives, yet another wave of attackers assaults you. You hold out for quite some time, but finally sheer numbers overwhelm you and you collapse from a blow to the head.

As you struggle to consciousness, the floor continues to spin, or is it rock? There is an odd creaking sound. Ripe pungent smells of unwashed people and drying fish assail you. Gradually your vision clears and sickly light streams in from a few windows close to the top of the small room. As you feel around, your hands are unbound now and you can remove the gag in your mouth. If you explore, you find most of your possessions are gone. You find yourself surrounded by a few other groaning mounds.

Survival or Knowledge Nature Check 15 for Zorg and Sidhon:
You have an odd taste of Nutmeg in your mouth. You recognize it as a sleeping poison-- Oil of Taggit. It must have been hidden in the spiced rum last night.

You are all in a room together. You will "wake up" in the order you post.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Zorg rubs his beady red eyes, and surveys his surroundings. He looks first at the light coming in through the windows above, and then the other forms around him. A sensible individual might think carefully a while about how to proceed and whether or not to rouse the others.

"WAKE UP!" Zorg yells. He begins prodding each of them with a leathery blue-green hand.


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

Noonan slowly opens his eyes and identifies a odd blue ball of mess shouting at everyone. Not immediately concerned about the ball, he scans the room for danger and opportunities to get the hell out.

Perception check for anything that might do harm (including that blue thing) and for any escape opportunity...in that order
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Blinks No good deed goes unpunished
Blinks again and says quietly to Zorg “Perhaps it would be better if we let people come around naturally. Some of them are likely to react poorly to being roused.”
Looks around to try to determine where she is and assess the danger – both immediate and longer term. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Sidhon slowly comes to himself, unconsciously processing the shipboard sensations, sounds, smells. An early part of his waking mind tries to determine whether the ship is docked, or underway, and what speed she might be making.
Profession(sailor): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
A disturbing conclusion filters its way into his consciousness, 'Wrong ship.' This unexpected conclusion brings him fully awake.

He notes an odd aftertaste in his mouth.
Survival, untrained: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
'Wrong hangover,' is the next thought his brain offers up.

Easing his eyelids open a slit, he peers around at his companions, and the space they're in. 'Wrong crew. Wrong bunk. Wrong ship. Wrong hangover,' he considered these topics, 'something is very, very wrong.'

Sidhon feels fear and panic course through him in waves. Instinctively he seeks to protect himself and set up for an ambush. He makes himself as small and unobtrusive as possible, shrinking away from notice.
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


The room you are in is somewhat small. A set of steps heading up seem to be your only possible exit. Some exploring reveals a hatch at the top that you cant seem to open from the inside. If you manage to get a peek out the windows, its clear you are indeed at sea, and there is no land anywhere in sight.

@Noonan and Gilraen-- other than being taken against your will, you don't seem to be in immediate danger. You four are the only occupants of this room. Pains seem to have been taken to empty this room of everything, except the four of you without your gear.


Male HP: 15/15 | DR? | AC 14 | T ? | FF ? | CMD 19 | F ? | R ?| W ? | Init +4| Per ? (?) Human Barbarian/1

"Aw, nut." grumbles Noonan.

Rather quickly settling into the helplessness of the situation, Noonan crouches in the corner of the room furthest from the hatch. For the first time he checks out his roommates...

Why would anyone bother with THAT..or THAT?

Unable to identify any possible explanation...he briefly shifts his attention to the female.

Well, it's clear why they took her.

They're all f$%~ed.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

“I’m making the brash assumption that none of you are working with our captors. If I’m wrong, it would be in your best interests to come clean now.” She makes (or attempts to make) eye contact with each person as she speaks.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

She pauses for a moment, smiles and adds “I’m Gilraen, by the way.”


male (HP 22/22 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 12 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +7) kobold magus 3

Regarding the small, bare room, and the three others occupying it, Sidhon determined that there was little to be gained in withdrawing. "Captors? Yes, I'd guess that's right. I am not working with them. My name's Sidhon, and I am - was - a junior shipwright on the Golden Lemon. Though I can't tell much from this room, this is not my Golden Lemon."

"I recognize all of you from the bar last night. I'm not a target for kidnapping, and probably not worth shanghaiing. Do any of you have a history that might suggest who has scooped us up? It's also possible that we're flotsam caught in the nets, and there's a big fish in a separate catch tank."

As he speaks, Sidhon rearranges to a crouch. He runs his hands through his clothes and possessions, establishing that he has no tools or weapons.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg shrinks a bit from Gilraen's chastisement, replying "I not know who be responsible for this. Their foul deeds will be repaid thricefold, though, I guarantee ye that!" Anyone who has had the misfortune to run afoul of goblins in the past would be struck by Zorg's command of Common, regardless of it's ridiculous piratey-ness.

At that moment, a small rat emerges from a pocket in Zorg's breeches. Zorg breaks into a very wide grin. "Yalla! Blessed waves, you be here too! That be a good girl." He strokes her fur with obvious affection.

Can the taller ones get a good look out the window? If not, Zorg suggests climbing on someone's shoulders to have a look. Also, if we chose to have a masterwork weapon, is it with us?


As you clear your heads and try to establish each other's identities, you hear the hatch above you fly open with a bang. With the quickness and efficiency born of practice, ten rough looking characters fill the room with drawn weapons.

One of the men is lean and scowling, not in pain, but in a pitiful, disturbing attempt to smile through a mass of scar tissue. He cracks his whip, lets out a roar, and yells at all present,

Still abed with the sun over the yardarm? On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get up on deck and report for duty before Cap’n Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!

The sharp and well used weapons prod you towards the steps.


Female HP: 20/20 | DR5/acid,cold,electricity | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 16 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +4| Per +4 | Survival +4 Aasimar Oracle

Gilraen sees how badly they are outnumbered and meekly complies.
Should have followed my first instincts and walked away from the tavern. Would have done if I hadn’t seen the serving woman get hit.


(hp 4/10 | AC 17 (T 17, FF 11) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Prof (Sailor) +5) goblin witch (sea witch) 2

Zorg jumps at the sudden opening of the door, then cowers at the whip's crack. One, two, three, ...ten of them. At least I'm among my own kind! Sort of... He stays silent for once and climbs the steps behind Gilraen, avoiding the brandished weapons as he ascends.

1 to 50 of 803 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Apocalypso's Skull & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.