Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM-All-Stars´ Darkmoon Vale Campaign

Game Master Tim Bürgers

This is a campaign where all players take turns in DMing. We play the Darkmoon Vale-Series Modules so far.


101 to 150 of 242 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

It would be good to check in with Mr. Trookshavits either way. We are in his camp after all, and he might have news of the road.


So does everyone of you agree to speak to Mr. Trookshavits?


Female Aasimar Summoner 1

Yup


Gounar shrugs but doesn't object.


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

Ki does not think of himself as the party face. He has had too many negative reactions to people due to his strange appearence. But seeing that no one is stepping forward Ki rides the office, dismounts and knocks on the door.


Don't waste my time with knocking - come in.

Ki's knocking at the door is answered by an annoyed male voice. As you open the sturdy door of this crude log cabin, a wave of musty air welcomes you.

In the foreman's office, taxidermies of fierce forest animals fill nearly all of the walls. The floor is full of sawdust, mud and the occasional food leftovers.

Behind a ramshackle desk, a corpulent lumberjack works on a bunch of papers. He obviously hasn´t shaved himself for a week and strongly smells of sweat.

Oh. I already have enough working crew for this season. But maybe you wan't to come back in the next spring? Some of the boys always gets hurt or sick. It's no work for girlies after all.


"We were actually just passing through and wanted to warn you that next year you may not have enough crew unless we find a cure for the plague ravaging the town", Gounar says sheepishly. He glances at his group mates, slightly accusingly, as if trying to say 'told ya!'


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

My friend here is correct. We are only passing through on the way to try to find herbs needed to cure the sickness back in town. Has this sickness shown up in your camp?


The foreman nods.

Yeah, heard of that. A pity, to be sure. I told my men to have as few dealings with the town as possible and so far, everybody seems healthy. Sooo... ah... feel free to pass through but don't harrass my workers. Good Luck.


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

They we will be on our way.He pauses, and asks Any news of the road? Any threats we should know of?


HP: 11 (11 total) M Dwarf Cleric (Artifice/Construct Theologian) of Torag | lvl 1

Well, ta be clear, we're hopin' ta borrow bunks fer the night. One night is all an' we'll be on our way. Meanwhile, if there're any services I can provide lemme know. I'm particularly handy with maintenance an' repair work, could lend a hand at tha smithy or what have you.


Threats? Well, sometimes, we encounter some woodland-hillbillies here. Faeries and all that gay sh1t. Tryin' to sabotage us or scare us away. If you could beat up some of those bastards, I'm pretty sure, the Lumber Consortium would be glad about it. ...and it would mean more safety for my men of course.

A moment later, he turns to Thorid.

I really don't know... Normally, it isn't allowed to let strangers stay the night. But if you are able to bless our tools with the favor of Torag, then maybe it would still be a good idea...

@Thorid: Please make a Diplomacy-check. The DC is 19. (Unfriendly = 20; plus CHA-Bonus (-1))


Male Monkey Familiar

At Trookshavits comment about woodland creatures, Snorey looks out of Bollon's Hood, shows his tiny teeth and shakes a small, furry fist at the foreman. Apparently, the little monkey doesn't like the lumberjacks' foreman.


HP: 11 (11 total) M Dwarf Cleric (Artifice/Construct Theologian) of Torag | lvl 1

diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

I'm happy ta hold a service 'fore yer workday starts an' ask Torag's favor. Ya need ta know, though, if quality a' work isn't in the hearts a' the hands holdin' the tools, the request may well go unanswered.


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

I've seen Thorid's blessings do wonders already. It's a sight that should not be missed.

Assist to Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


No, sorry. You know, I'm a dutiful servant of Torag and all that, but I can get into serious trouble, if I let you stay with my men. You can sleep in your own tents at the fringes of our camp, if you like. At least, you are in shouting distance of aid, if you would be attacked by bandits or something. I'm sorry, but that is all I can do for you.


Gounar nods in acceptance and exits the tent, awaiting the group outside.


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

Once back with the group: Travel was easy today. Ki notes. I could camp, or continue, depending on the will of the group. And once the group is well out of earshot from the foreman he adds Maybe I am too sensitive, but it could be that something is amiss here. That foreman gave poor reason for turning down Thorid's help. I wonder if we should look in on the men before we make camp. Could it be that the disease has indeed spread here?


HP: 11 (11 total) M Dwarf Cleric (Artifice/Construct Theologian) of Torag | lvl 1

Thorid's brow furrows. I'll still hold a service at tha edge a camp 'fore yer workday starts if anyone has interest in attendin'. Might be a good chance for you ta get away from all this bureaucracy fer a moment. He says motioning to the paperwork on the foreman's desk with a nod before turning to leave. Good evenin' to ya, sir. He says dismissively on exit.

When out of earshot he says We should check tha camp. I suspect tha foreman, likely by order a his bosses, is more interested in rate of trees felled than wellbeing of tha lumberjacks. He motions with his chin toward the scar of felled timber cutting into the darkwood forest. Evidence a poor resource management, that. Dangerous game played by short-sighted profit chasers.

Thorid begins planning his service for the next day. It will be short to avoid cutting into the workday. The service will focus on pride of workmanship, consideration of the craftsmen who will use the lumber and future of the resources being used. At the end of the service he'll plan to offer a touch of guidance for any of the workers interested.

That's a fast forward plan. We can continue with chats for the evening or whatever and the service can be added into play once we get there.


Female Aasimar Summoner 1

"Eh, who cares. While I'd be tempted to let them rot for all this..." she gestures at the devastation around them, "we won't be able to do anything for them now, and they'll be able to get the cure like everyone else as soon as we have it. So why waste time with them now? Lets either keep going, or make camp so we can be off by first light."


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

Lets go set up camp. I will have a look around later. I see well in the dark, and can walk through mud without leaving tracks if I need to.


Male Varisian Human Thassilonian Conjurer 1

So let us seek a comfortable place with soft earth and no roots on the ground. I'd be glad to refresh and clean your sleeping bags or pillows with magic.

As soon as the group leaves hearing distance from the camp, Bollon says:

To me it seems, that this Lumber Consortium really kinda abuses its workers. But maybe that's a number bigger than collecting herbs in the woods, eh?


Female Aasimar Summoner 1

"Should we set a watch? I will take any shift; I see well in the dark, so why don't I take second watch. If someone takes dusk watch and another takes dawn, we should be safe through the night should any of these bandits the foreman was talking about appear.


Male Varisian Human Thassilonian Conjurer 1

I'd prefer sleeping to watch-duty, but that wouldn't be fair. I feel safer with a watch, so I will take the last watch - time to prepare my spells.


"I do not feel sleepy yet. I will take the dusk watch and spend it in meditation upon nature."


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

I too see well in the dark and can take last watch with Ears here. He pats his wolf mount. And I think I'll have a look around now, to see what might be happening and maybe talk to some of the men. Anyone want to come with me?


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

With no takers, Ki mounts up and slips off to explore the camp. His goal is to see what is about, and talk to some employees while avoiding the foreman or his direct reports. He is interested in general well being and living conditions of the men, If any are sick, how they are treated, how much freedom they might have, etc. And of course if he sees anything out of the ordinary he will note it.


Female Aasimar Summoner 1

Kestrel scouts out a good place for a camp, and sets it up. Once she has fixed a meal and eaten, and the first watch is present, she'll go to sleep.


A pleasant clearing at the rim of the lumber-camp makes a good place to rest during the coming night.

Without further incidents, morning comes after a quite cold night.


Male Varisian Human Thassilonian Conjurer 1

Ah, a new day has come! Though the night was not as good as it would have been in my very own bed, it will do. So, how is today's marching order?


After a short spell of slumber, Gounar wakes up rested and full of energy, as usual. He does a series of strange stretching and aerobic moves, breathing very deeply and slowly, before shaking his head vigorously and smiling.
"I can go up front and direct you to the Elder Tree."
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


HP: 11 (11 total) M Dwarf Cleric (Artifice/Construct Theologian) of Torag | lvl 1

Good, then. Let's put this camp behind us an' attend ta our shoppin' list. The coffee here puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Thorid quickly arranges his gear and is ready to pack out as soon as possible.


Female Aasimar Summoner 1

Kestrel rises early, and is ready to move on as soon as her companions are able to get themselves organized.


Male Varisian Human Thassilonian Conjurer 1

Wait! Wait! I have to make some journey arrangements:

Ancient Thassilonian:
Willing steed - appear!

With his obscure words, Bollon summons a good steed with bit, bridle and saddle and climbs on its back.

We can journey onward now.

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Paladin 5

All, sorry for my absence. I check for new posts multiple times a day but did not see that any were made. Sometimes the system fails to show new posts for me. I'll jump back in as work allows today. Would love to get this game moving again. :)


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

I take it my prowling around at night yielded no information as to the plight of the loggers? I had said I would go look to see if they were basically happy and well.

Ki is fine joining the progression where ever he is needed but would prefer to be near the front. Ears is excited about getting under way and spends time sniffing all the gear as it is packed. Once mounted up Ki sits waiting for the others, his lance resting in its rest.


HP: 11 (11 total) M Dwarf Cleric (Artifice/Construct Theologian) of Torag | lvl 1

Looking at his mounted companions with a slight bit of jealousy, Thorid shakes his head. Hmph! Mind your pace lads, some of us are without the luxury of beastly transportation.

He takes a knee, kisses his hand and puts it to the ground while grumbling something.

Terran:
Guide our soft boots and short legs with a clear path, old friend.

Before he stands he notices a rock sticking out of the dirt, picks it up, fetches a small awl-like tool from his belt pouch and begins carving away on the stone's surface the way an elder human would whittle a twig to pass time on a warm summer day.


As Ki observes the lumberjacks, two things become very clear:

Almost nobody does this badly paid, backbreaking work because he wants to. Nearly all of the lumberjacks only work for the Consortium because they have to, else their families starve.

On the bright side, none of the 'jacks seem to have contracted the blackscour-disease. Maybe these men are simply to young and healthy or maybe the disease hasn't spread so far.


Male Varisian Human Thassilonian Conjurer 1

With a mild smile, Bollon turns his head to Thorid:

Terran:
You can sit with me on my horse. I weigh about 200 pounds. How much do you? Maybe the Horse is strong enough for both of us or somebody knows the Ant's Haul-spell.


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

Ki moves to point and rides out.


In the late afternoon, the would-be-saviors of Falcon's Hollow come near a big lake in midst of the forest. From the lake, a river seems to be flowing west.

Perception DC 16:
An animal whimpers somewhere nearby.


Female Aasimar Summoner 1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Do you hear that? It sounds like something injured..."

Kestral brings her bow to hand and places an arrow on the string, in case it is a trick or trap. She then starts moving slowly towards the source of the sound.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


M Wayang Cavalier of the Sword (Emissary)1

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

The shadowy cavalier hears it to and reals his mount in the direction of the cry. Hurt animals are often dangerous. he notes.


Male Varisian Human Thassilonian Conjurer 1

Bollon's Horse disappeared two hours ago, so he already is on foot and has no need to get down from his mount.

With nervous fingers, he fiddles with his spell component pouch and follows Ki, careful not to get to close to Kestrel as to not ruim her camouflage.


HP: 11 (11 total) M Dwarf Cleric (Artifice/Construct Theologian) of Torag | lvl 1

Catching up on the thread...

Thorid is delighted by Bollon's response in Terran. A wide smile peeks from beneath his bushy beard. Good to be among friends o' the earth Mr. Bollon. Truth told, I rather like havin' my feet on the ground.

As they approach the lake
This'll be Droskmere lake. Ulrok and I were collecting mereswan stones here before we went on to Falcon's Hollow and he fell ill.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Hurt animals and careless hunters are both dangerous. Also possible an environmental danger has caused the pain. Let's have a look but keep our eyes and ears open.

Thorid follows the others in the direction of the sound scanning the visible area and listening for any noises that seem out of place.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


A short distance away, a small fox with big ears is in a cruel and primitive looking bear trap. His left hind-leg seems hurt.

Another Perception-Check please...


Sorry I intended to actually put something IC in the last post but the boards went down as I hit Edit.
Blissfully unaware of any disturbances, Gounar comments:
"This is the lake I've told you about. Since we don't have a boat, let's find a way around it. Hey, where is everyone going?"

Upon seeing the captured fox, Gounar shrugs. "Hunters might be more dangerous to us than wild animals. I'd rather leave the prey alone, and leave the man with his furs and meat. Also, there might be more of the traps around, so we should be on the lookout for them."
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Aasimar Summoner 1

Persption: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


HP: 11 (11 total) M Dwarf Cleric (Artifice/Construct Theologian) of Torag | lvl 1

let's get that li'l pup outta there.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

101 to 150 of 242 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-All-Stars´ Darkmoon Vale Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.