Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Alexander Kilcoynes Serpents Skull PbP- Chapter 2, Racing to Ruin (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"I might toss her back into the sea for good measure"

Nkechi "The Tempest", speaking about Willow Whisperwood.


401 to 450 of 1,199 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

So same initiative and we're flatfooted?


Your Humble Narrator

You were flat-footed as a result of the fact that the shooter was hidden from you. He attempted to conceal himself after the shot (they both did) but failed miserably and are no longer hidden.


Your Humble Narrator

Bump.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Nine:

"Tun'ada! If I make you invisible for several seconds, do you think you could get to that hatch leading to the roof where the crazy man has Gelik?" Ambroze whispers, pointing toward the large, open brick structure to the east.

Holding action awaiting Tun'ada's response.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

"Yes.", the tribesman responds.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Nine (continued):

Ambroze casts a spell to make Tun'ada vanish from sight.

Standard action to cast Vanish on Tun'ada; duration 4 rounds.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

After receiving Ambroze's spell, Tun'ada moves as far as he can toward the hatch...

Double Move (Base Speed 40 ft.)


Your Humble Narrator

Tun'ada, which round do you stop being fatigued?


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Tun'ada, which round do you stop being fatigued?

The last round Tun'ada is fatgued is round 3 of this current encounter thus the double move and not run.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Marcus moves forward, using the line of the buildings and using his shield to try and block and missiles.

Total defense and move to N,34.

Whatever you have do it quickly Chi!


Your Humble Narrator

So total round 12 by my count. Ok cool.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 10-

Ordered Initiative-

Freemen- 20
Chi- 15
Ambroze- 9
Marcus- 6
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Tun'ada fatigued until the end of his action on round 12.
Vanish on Tun'ada, expires at the end of Ambroze's action on round 13.

Map-

Link

Notes-

Bear in mind the Freeman archers are above ground- ten feet up in the tree but also a good fifteen up due to the fact that the tree is planted on the earthen walkway. Just to your left is the beginning of the stairs that appear to curl round the building and lead to that walkway.

I have added the ladder and hatch to the map, in squares P/Q 48.

Action-

DM Only:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Chi- 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 (+1 to find traps)
Marcus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Tun'ada- 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Ambroze- 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Chi:

You spot a Freeman poking his head around the corner of one of the oversized wooden blocks. You suspect he has been keeping a quiet eye on the courtyard below since you opened the door leading in.

The others clearly haven't spotted him. Hes in square R47. Note that even if you 'point him out' and warn the others, they don't automatically see him (they've had their perception check this round).

Tun'ada:

Your in P41.

One of the Freeman archers fire another arrow at Marcus and his ally shifts aim to the lightly armoured Chi. Despite all of Marcus' defensive efforts, the arrow sent at him skims the top of his shield and embeds itself in his chest; only his last second shift of position and his breastplate armour saving him from a more lethal wound.

The marksman targeting Chi sends an arrow thudding into the main office building, missing Chi by a couple of feet.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 VS Marcus (Crit threat)
1d8 ⇒ 5

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 VS Marcus (Crit unconfirmed)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 VS Chi (Miss)


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

So does Chi get any cover from the winch, behind which she is hiding?


Your Humble Narrator

Sorry I missed your movement, but yes you would get a cover bonus to AC. You'll be in the right position (J-39) on my next map update.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi watches the arrow fly overhead, as she shouts out a warning, "Enemy archer seen in the processing building, hiding behind one of the wooden blocks!" She smiles at her position, head down behind the winch providing her with protection. Bending low remaining out of sight of the archers, she searches her backpack for a flask of the thick yellowy oil. She douses the cloth around the arrow with the oil.

Round 10
Positions herself in J,40 (5ft step or where she'd have gone originally.)
Move action: Find flask of oil in backpack
Standard Action: Douse cloth in oil
Hoping winch provides total cover.

How far is it to the whale from behind the winch?
How far away are the archers?


Your Humble Narrator

80 feet to hit the whale from your position, 120 feet from the closest archer (so you'll be a range increment out). Winch provides cover but not total cover. Movement to J40 noted.


Your Humble Narrator

Bump. I know it was the weekend but please try and squeeze a post for combat in each weekday, even if its only 'busy, bot me'.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

DM AK:
Tun'ada continues to move toward his goal, the hatch leading to the roof.

Double move again. First movement gets me to the ladder, take 10 (I assume I can do this while invisible) for a climb check 16 (while fatigued) to accelerated climb the ladder 20ft, if needed.

Stealth to not be noticed (not sure how good these guys are with perception):1d20 + 8 - 1 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 1 + 20 = 32 (fatigued, invisible)

If Climb check other than take 10 is required:1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 1 = 14 (fatigued)


Your Humble Narrator

Tun'ada:

The ladder and hatch are on the second level, which is mostly a metal grid with several large winches and other pieces of machinery on it. You'll need to climb the wall or make a decent acrobatics check to leap high enough to grab onto it (you'd need to jump 3 feet vertically to reach the second level). From the second level, thats where the ladder and hatch lead to the roof.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Been monitoring for my turn but I will continue to move forward, maintaining total defense in an attempt to suck up arrow fire. Happily support a 24 hour rule to keep things moving.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

DM AK:
Sorry about that. So, I will leap up and then move to the ladder.[ooc]

3ft High Leap = DC 12 => Acrobatics:1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 1 = 6 (fatigued)

[ooc]Typical...


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Ten:

Ambroze steps back within the entrance room and moves to the nearest fallen Freeman, searching the body for a flask of alchemist's fire.

Move action to nearest fallen freeman - I believe that they're in squares F38 and G38 based on their last positions. Standard action to see if they have any belt pouches or packs with flasks of alchemist's fire and take a flask or two if possible.


Your Humble Narrator

Can start enforcing it but at current rate, i'll be 24 houring every single turn so i'm disinclined.

Ambroze finds two vials of alchemists fire on the nearest Freeman body.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Don't think Chi will be acting just yet..


Your Humble Narrator

@ Marcus- Remember theres no easy route to get to the archers by going forwards through the courtyard. You'd have to double back and start to work your way up the walkway to reach them.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 11-

Ordered Initiative-

Freemen- 20
Willow- 17
Chi- 15
Umagro- 11
Ambroze- 9
Marcus- 6
Tun'ada- 6
Gelik (falling)- 1

Active Effects-

Tun'ada fatigued until the end of his action on round 12.
Vanish on Tun'ada, expires at the end of Ambroze's action on round 13.

Map-

Link

Notes-

Bear in mind the Freeman archers are above ground- ten feet up in the tree but also a good fifteen up due to the fact that the tree is planted on the earthen walkway. Just to your left is the beginning of the stairs that appear to curl round the building and lead to that walkway.

I have added the ladder and hatch to the map, in squares P/Q 48.

Action-

Tun'ada:

Your in square O-45. Each attempt to make a jump will use 10 feet of movement we'll say.

The two Freeman archers continue their efforts to riddle Marcus full of holes, their arrows glancing off either the oily flagstones of the courtyard or Marcus' shield.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Willow Whisperwood wrote:

Willow shakes her head at what he says and bites her lip clearly annoyed at what he said.

"It is true I may not know your plight as a Mwangi, but don't mistake me for a woman who does not know or understand oppression! I am a half-elf, a race often spurned by both humans and elves because we age at a rate other races are not comfortable with. I am also a druid, born in the mwangi jungle so again, I am disliked because I was not born to the ways of one who lives in a city." she lets the words hang there for a moment. "Believe me, if I saw slavery in this town I would burn that building down for I have no alligence to this town or any other. I have met many noble mwangi tribesmen and have healed them as they pass by my grove. Your cause is just, but holding this man hostage will not change anything."

At the fear of the crowd getting violent around her Willow casts produce flame and holds it there in her hands.
"Unlike your followers I can produce the raw element of fire. Believe me, if I did not believe in your cause I would've attacked you as soon as I entered the crowd as I don't care about the man you have your kukri too, however I believe you are a intelligent and brave man fighting for the freedom of your people, but taking this path will lead to more bloodshed. You kill this man and then what'll happen if they still refuse? You kill another? They refuse again and you kill another, but when will it end? You will make the people of this town fear your people and giving your enemy a reason to be prejudice, is that what you want?"

Willow's speech is eloquent enough this time and with some good rhetoric in it, enough so that the crowd do not lynch her and seem a little less ugly. Or perhaps its simply the fire Willow is brandishing in her outstretched palms.

Umagro's reaction to her speech is less than favourable though; it seems Willow has pushed him too far. With a bestial snarl, his kukri slits Gelik's throat and he tosses him carelessly to the sloped roof, shaking visibly with his rage. The dead or dying Gnome begins to slide down the roof, towards the crowd and Willow below.

He will hit the ground or the crowd at the end of this round's initiative. Adding Willow and Umagro to the initiative (see above)-

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Umagro
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Willow


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Damn.

Figured. Just trying to draw their fire til Tun'ada / Chi can affect them.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

DM AK:
The tribesman continues his attempts to reach the hatch.

Acrobatics DC12:1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 1 = 16 (fatigued) - 10 ft of movement

Spend remainder of movement getting to the ladder (15 ft) and climbing ladder (into second movement of a double move I imagine)


Your Humble Narrator

Tun'ada:

As you approach the ladder, you can now see behind the large objects on the metal grid. Using these winches and containers as cover are two Freemen, in squares V44 and and T46. In addition, two Freeman are now visible to you, crouched beside the base of the ladder itself, each continually making swings with their clubs against any invisible foe who might be climbing the ladder. These two are in Q47 and Q49. I have you in R46 with 5 feet of movement left of your first move action at the moment. I'll also definitely need another stealth check from you at these close distances.

Also worth noting the hatch itself is shut.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Eleven:

Flasks in-hand, Ambroze casts his last spell of invisibility on himself and exits the doors into the large courtyard beyond. "I found some of the fire, Chi!" he whispers loudly to the elf witch hiding behind the enormous winch.

Standard action to cast Vanish on self; duration 4 rounds. Move action 20 ft to square K36.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

DM AK:
Stealth:1d20 + 8 - 1 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 1 + 20 = 36

Noticing the two freeman, Tun'ada will pause to gauge the frequency of their club swings, then make an attempt to slip past the two...

Move to S47 with the final 5ft of the first move, second move will be to try and slip past the two and up the ladder

2nd Movement Stealth:1d20 + 8 - 1 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 1 + 20 = 36
Fast Climb:1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 = 21


Your Humble Narrator

Tun'ada:

1d100 ⇒ 11

You emerge successfully from the ladder and hatch after evading the clubs of the two seeking to stop you.

I'll narrate what you can see once Willow and Umago resolve their action, and i'll work on a map for the roof (not included in the AP).

Waiting on Willow and Chi's actions and then Marcus.


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th

Willlows eyes shoot wide seeing Gelik's throat slit and his body being discarded, she rushes over to the edge of the cabin and using her ability to warp the wood of the building to curl up and stop him from falling to the ground, then wrapping him up in a productive caccoon forged from the wood and after that she points a flaming hand up to Umagro.

Polyglot:

"I gave you a chance, Umagro. A chance to help yourself and your people. Now you will burn for your crimes!"


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

With the whale so far away, Chi starts to winch the huge body towards the buildings, the mechanism strains under the weight of the whale, but it is designed to pull such weights from the shore.

Strength 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Your Humble Narrator

For all her effort, Chi has little discernible effect on the whale as she struggles to turn the wheel.

You have a standard or a move action left. You could totally ignite the whale where it stands with your fire arrow without moving it and it would still be awesome.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Getting nowhere with moving the whale, sweat appears on Chi's brow, she flames the arrow, carefully aims and fires towards the huge oily corpse of the whale. She sees a patch of the body that glistens and drips more with flamable liquid and fires.

Longbow attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 the dice hate me again...


Your Humble Narrator

Chi's arrow thuds into the whale's blubbery hide.

Still a hit.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Continue to move and defend, I figure I have one more round maybe before they give up.


Your Humble Narrator

Going to bot Marcus as I think he'd have some idea of what the arrow might be about.

Marcus halts his forward advance, noting the arrow in the oily whale and considering its implications with what Chi mentioned earlier. He cautiously creates some space between the whale and himself, shield still up and at the ready.

From their new positions, Marcus and Ambroze notice something that wasn't there before- two Freeman are now stood by the ladder on the second, metal grid floor of the large building to the east that Tun'ada was last seen heading towards. With the jut of the wall obscuring them from Chi's sight, she remains unaware of them.

DM Only:

1d20 ⇒ 15

Willow:

From your current position you can't see Umagro, as you shifted to almost directly under the roof's edge to manage your Warp Wood spell. You'll need to move at least 10 feet south to get a decent view of the roof again.

Tun'ada:

You emerge out of the hatch and see Umagro standing with both kukri's in hand. His attention is focused on the crowd below but he does note the hatch opening, as do the guards you just gave the slip to. Gelik himself is held in what seems to be a wooden cocoon- the edge of the roof has been curled up and apparently arrested his fall after Umagro slit his throat.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 12-

Ordered Initiative-

Freemen (acted)- 20
Willow- 17
Chi- 15
Umagro- 11
Ambroze- 9
Marcus (DMBOT)- 6
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Tun'ada fatigued until the end of his action on round 12.
Vanish on Tun'ada, expires at the end of Ambroze's action on round 13.
Vanish on Ambroze, expires at the end of Ambroze's action on round 15.

Maps-

Theres one map for Chi, Marcus, and Ambroze and another for Tun'ada/Willow. I have switched the orientation of the second map to make it easier for me to draw, but its all still the right size etc. and if it becomes relevant I know where each square is in relation to the other map.

Link for Chi et al

Link for Willow/Tun'ada

Notes-

Bear in mind the Freeman archers are above ground- ten feet up in the tree but also a good fifteen up due to the fact that the tree is planted on the earthen walkway. Just to your left is the beginning of the stairs that appear to curl round the building and lead to that walkway.

I have added the ladder and hatch to the map, in squares P/Q 48. For Tun'ada and Willow, the hatch is also marked on the map (Tun'ada your currently in the hatch square).

Action-

Two more Freemen emerge from the upper level behind the objects they were hiding behind- and Marcus faces a full and blistering volley of arrows; most fired from short bows except for the two snipers in the trees. In a true display of incredible dexterity and shield skill Marcus avoids one of the arrows, and deflects a few of the others away, his shield arm constantly shaking from the continual impacts. Two arrows get past his quick reflexes but he manages to position himself so they deflect off his breastplate.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Another Freeman, apparently guarding the beach approach, squeezes in beside the whale and uses it as cover, oblivious to Chi's arrow embedded in it. He also fires at Marcus but the shot is a clear miss.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Dan, when you get back please let me know if Marcus has 3 or more ranks in Acrobatics for the purpose of higher values when using Total Defence or Defensive Fighting.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi moves from behind the winch around the side of the building, where she turns her cloak around and disappears into the shadows afforded by the corner. She hesitantly peeks around the building to watch the flaming arrows effect.

Moves to L,45
Stealth 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

DM AK:
In which square of the whale is the flaming arrow embedded? If I hit that square with a flask of alchemist's fire, will that set the whale on fire as Chi planned?


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th

Willow moves back 10ft to Z 71 and throws a hand full of flames at Umagro.
"Burn you bastard!" she shouts up at him through gritted teeth.

ranged attack vs touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Your Humble Narrator

Ambroze:

Its igniting already, just won't go up in flames until the end of the round.

The hurled fire hits Umagro solidly as he turns to look at something to his left, igniting his cloak for a moment and singing his back as he winces in pain.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Twelve:

Ambroze stows one of the flasks of alchemist's fire in his magical haversack as he intones the words of a spell and steps forward to touch Marcus on the shoulder, imbuing the fighter with great bravery and a boost in morale.

Move action to place flask of alchemist's fire in haversack. 5 ft step from square K36 to L37. Standard action to cast Heroism on Marcus, granting him a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks; duration 40 minutes.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

DM AK:
Trying to stay unnoticed as long as possible, Tun'ada moves toward Umagro, intent on stabing the Freeman leader with his longspear.

Stealth:1d20 + 8 - 1 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 1 + 20 = 41 (fatigued, invisible)

Attack:1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 1 = 11 (fatigued)
Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 (fatigued)

Last round of fatigue. Move to (S,73)


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Realised the stealth should really be for the next round, as this round is getting into shadows.


Stealth is usually done as part of movement and needs either cover or concealment. There aren't really any shadows to hide in (the compound is very well lit) but the winch your behind has been giving you cover. I'm happy to say you remain concealed while moving from cover to cover as you are doing now (I believe its a similar thing to the stealth playtest rules). By the way don't be discouraged or think I don't notice if your using Stealth, its just often the case that I know its not worth rolling perception due to the party's generally high stealth and the distance penalties. None of them can make a 30 even from 10 feet away, for example.

Init 11-

Umagro is apparently displeased by Willow protecting Gelik- but he does note the hatch opening and not seeing anyone emerge, assumes hostile intent. He moves over to Gelik and clearly seeking to impress the crowd flourishes his kukri's in intricate and dizzying patterns; his prowess is beautiful and terrifying at the same time. His intimidating performance finished, he now looks intent on slitting Gelik's throat.

Hes in square U71.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Dazzling display, Tun'ada DC16- he is shaken for two rounds.

Tun'ada:

I think you have to charge to be able to attack him this round?


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

DM AK:
Why would I have to charge? You said Tun'ada was in the same square as the hatch (T,78) and Umagro is in (U,71). I called out an improper square not knowing what initiative Umagro went on, but I should only have to move to (T,73) to strike with a longspear which is only 25 feet of movement.

Will DC 16:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 - Failed = Shaken take 2 off of the rolls from the previous post which leaves Tun'ada with a Stealth 39 and Attack of 9 which obviously misses and makes Tun'ada visable.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

bump


Your Humble Narrator

For clarity, the DC16 was the DC I calculated that Umagro rolled against to intimidate; Tun'ada didn't get a save as per usual for intimidation. As for the charge thing, forget it, I was drugged on a sleeping pill and my hazy mind told me fatigued gave a move speed penalty :).

Tun'ada, still weary, appears on the rooftop near Umagro, stabbing ffor him with his longspear. Umagro somehow senses the incoming blow and easily sways aside from it; but with a foe to actively fight in melee his attention is switched from Gelik to Tun'ada. The Caldaru has finally recovered from his rage, the embers of his anger stirring as he sees his old ally lying in a pool of blood...

Marcus delays, waiting to see if the whale catches.

Which it does. The flaming arrow ignites the oil covering the blubbery mass of flesh and the fire quickly begins to spread- it becomes apparent that the oil splashed all over the courtyard is also going to rapidly catch fire- and more than likely, the pair of wooden buildings to the west. The Freeman who was using the whale as cover is swiftly immolated and you lose sight of him in the smoke as he panics; while the two snipers are immediately obscured by said smoke, their fates unknown. The west blowing wind carries the smoke west and licks of flame threaten to immolate the tree as well... From her hidden position on the corner of the eastern building, Chi watches the destruction her ingenious mind has wrought.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 13-

Ordered Initiative-

Marcus (DMBOT, acted)- 21
Freemen (acted)- 20
Willow- 17
Chi- 15
Umagro- 11
Ambroze- 9
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Vanish on Ambroze, expires at the end of Ambroze's action on round 15.
Heroism on Tun'ada and Marcus

Maps-

Theres one map for Chi, Marcus, and Ambroze and another for Tun'ada/Willow. I have switched the orientation of the second map to make it easier for me to draw, but its all still the right size etc. and if it becomes relevant I know where each square is in relation to the other map.

Link for Chi et al

Link for Willow/Tun'ada

Notes-

Bear in mind the Freeman archers are above ground- ten feet up in the tree but also a good fifteen up due to the fact that the tree is planted on the earthen walkway. Just to your left is the beginning of the stairs that appear to curl round the building and lead to that walkway.

I have added the ladder and hatch to the map, in squares P/Q 48. For Tun'ada and Willow, the hatch is also marked on the map.

Action-

Chi wouldn't be able to see anything in L45 so put her n L44.

Marcus seizes the opportunity to bring the fight to the Freemen as three of them are now apparently no longer firing at him. He moves underneath the lip of the metal grid, ready to climb it. The Freemen move above him, two of them readying themselves to fire if he makes the climb to the top and two more switching out their shortbows for clubs.

High above him on the rooftop, Umagro and Tun'ada both notice the rising smoke coming from the courtyard- as does Willow and the crowd, who have mostly backed off from the violent scene although a few are cheering either Umagro or Willow on.

Willow and Chi are up.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Uh-oh! Umm... DM AK? Are there any buildings to the west of the ones that we just set on fire?


Your Humble Narrator

They aren't on fire- yet. There are buildings to the west but the compound is surrounded by a high stone wall that is taller than all of the buildings except the east one where Umagro and Tun'ada are. If that building goes up in flames, houses nearby (the ones on Willow's map) are likely to follow...

But clearly the most important thing is we now have a Mwangi rooftop duel to a background of fire and shadows beneath, complete with a spectator crowd. *grabs popcorn*.

401 to 450 of 1,199 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Alexander Kilcoynes Serpents Skull PbP- Chapter 2, Racing to Ruin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.