Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoynes Serpents Skull PbP- Chapter 2, Racing to Ruin (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"I might toss her back into the sea for good measure"

Nkechi "The Tempest", speaking about Willow Whisperwood.


351 to 400 of 1,199 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi watches the Freeman at the back, her eye turning black as she winks at the foe, letting her despair enter his mind.

Evil Eye vs Freeman 3, Will Save DC=15, -2 AC for 7 rounds or 1 round with save.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi watches the Freeman at the back, her eye turning black as she winks at the foe, letting her despair enter his mind.

Evil Eye vs Freeman 3, Will Save DC=15, -2 AC for 7 rounds or 1 round with save.


Your Humble Narrator

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Save failed

Purple triangle denotes evil eye effect.

Chi curses the Freeman at the back with her sinister black eye as doubt fills his mind. Ambroze then hurls his alchemist's fire over the melee to hit the man squarely and his leg catches aflame from the liquid fire as he howls in pain.

Marcus and Tun'ada to act.


Your Humble Narrator

Bump. Will bot today if I don't see posts, i've just been a bit busy.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Waiting until Marcus's turn is resolved.


Your Humble Narrator

Botting Marcus.

Fighting off both Freemen, Marcus parries deftly with his blade while he badly wounds the second freemen with his deadly spiked shield- taking advantage of his success to lunge with his blade, the heirloom weapon glancing off his foe's hide armour. The lunge puts Marcus off-balance, and it is only thanks to Ambroze's last minute magically-infused warning that that he manages to avoid a caltrop piercing his footwear.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 Falcata (Miss)

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Spiked Shield (Hit)
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Damage to Freeman 2

1d20 ⇒ 16 Caltrops (miss due to naturalist + footwear for AC17)


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Very sorry, busy with easter holidays stuff. Back now.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Tun'ada drops his bow, enters a rage, and moves in to the fray, drawing his lonspear as he moves...

Move 1/2 speed to D39, target Freeman 2

Attack:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage:1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Caltrop:1d20 ⇒ 11


Your Humble Narrator

Tun'ada makes a powerful lunge with his longspear, but the spear is not well aimed and merely imbeds itself in the barricade.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 4-

Ordered Initiative-

Freemen Insurgents (acted)- 18
Chi- 15
Ambroze- 9
Marcus- 6
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Freeman 1 and 2 have cover.

Map-

Link (Init 15)

Notes-

Caltrop squares should be fairly obvious on the map. You have line of sight on all the Mwangi but they have cover from you due to their barricade. You may roll caltrop attacks against yourself during your turn for ease.

Caltrop Rules:

A caltrop is a four-pronged metal spike crafted so that one prong faces up no matter how the caltrop comes to rest. You scatter caltrops on the ground in the hope that your enemies step on them or are at least forced to slow down to avoid them. One 2-pound bag of caltrops covers an area 5 feet square.

Each time a creature moves into an area covered by caltrops (or spends a round fighting while standing in such an area), it runs the risk of stepping on one. Make an attack roll for the caltrops (base attack bonus +0) against the creature. For this attack, the creature's shield, armor, and deflection bonuses do not count. If the creature is wearing shoes or other footwear, it gets a +2 armor bonus to AC. If the attack succeeds, the creature has stepped on a caltrop. The caltrop deals 1 point of damage, and the creature's speed is reduced by half because its foot is wounded. This movement penalty lasts for 24 hours, until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or until it receives at least 1 point of magical healing. A charging or running creature must immediately stop if it steps on a caltrop. Any creature moving at half speed or slower can pick its way through a bed of caltrops with no trouble.

Caltrops may not work against unusual opponents.

Because 'Fighting' is not well defined, i'm ruling that only being in melee means you have to roll at the end of the round against caltrops.

Action-

The Mwangi on the tabletop produces and hurls another alchemists fire at Chi, although he himself is burning from Ambroze's return fire. He manages to hit Chi right in the body and the glass shatters against her from the powerful throw- singing both Tun'ada and Marcus as well as wounding her. Now that Marcus is committed in melee and his sword and shield are working in tandem, the Freeman's efforts to wound him with their clubs are in vain as he parries and blocks multiple blows, a single lucky swing simply glancing from his fine breastplate armour. Fear and doubt begins to creep into the eyes of both of his foes.

1d6 ⇒ 1 Fire damage on Freeman 3

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 VS Chi touch AC
1d6 ⇒ 3 (1 damage to Marcus & Tun'ada, 1d6 extra damage to Chi next turn)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The group is up. Willow, give me another perception roll.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

To clarify am I getting cover against the two from my side of the barricade?


Your Humble Narrator

No. Its been set up to favour them, they are able to strike over it easily but you are not (bit complicated for me to explain it visually but for one thing they are higher than you). However, i've realised they only hit Marcus on a 19+ anyway with naturalist and defensive flurry in play.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

OK. Picturing them on some kind of platform whacking down at me then.


Your Humble Narrator

Essentially they are on higher ground to you, but the bonus is the cover rather than a +1 attack bonus yeah. Plus the barricade is a smooth wall on their side, on yours it has all kinds of bits of furniture poking out and hindering you :).


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi once more tries to douse the flames engulfing her.

Reflex save vs fire DC 15 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16 with naturalist


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

27/42hp

Marcus continues to try and make headway against the pair through the barricade, hitting the wounded one again with his shield.

Melee Falcata 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Light Spiked Bashing Shield 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Caltrops 1d20 ⇒ 8

Crit? Light Spiked Bashing Shield 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Four:

Ambroze takes a step forward and fires his crossbow at the Freeman arsonist standing atop the table. The gnome scholar continues to offer words of encouragement to his companions as he reloads his crossbow for another shot.

5-ft step forward. Free action to maintain Bardic Performance (Naturalist) granting all allies within 30 ft a +1 insight bonus to AC, attack rolls, and saving throws against the Freemen Brotherhood members. Standard action to fire light crossbow at Freeman 3 standing atop the table. Move action to reload crossbow.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 23 (naturalist, cover)
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 - seriously, what is up with the d6 die roller?

Rounds of Bardic Performance used today: 5/19

Ambroze's AC: 19 (includes Naturalist)
Ambroze's HP: 33/33


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28


Your Humble Narrator

Chi manages to douse the flames on herself, while Ambroze fires a crossbow bolt that grazes the freeman's leg, ripping through the fabric of his clothes but only giving him a minor injury.

His shield once again proving more useful than his blade in striking over the barricade, Marcus buries the spikes of his shield into the body of one of his foes- who crumples to the ground as Marcus withdraws his shield in time to block another club blow, apparently slain by the blow.

Tun'ada left to act.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Tun'ada dislodges the spear from the barrier and stabs at the freeman again...

Attack:1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 = 28 (naturalist)
Damage:1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Caltrop:1d20 ⇒ 11


Your Humble Narrator

This time, Tun'adas lunge is far more precise as he rams the spear through muscle and flesh, the Freeman screaming in pain and rage as he is impaled. He moves to break the spear's haft and render Tun'ada weaponless but the Caldaru expertly twists the spearhead, causing him further agony and then retracting the spear. The Mwangi clearly has very little fight left in him.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 5-

Ordered Initiative-

Freemen Insurgents (acted)- 18
Chi- 15
Ambroze- 9
Marcus- 6
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Freeman 1 and 3 have cover.

Map-

Link (Init 15)

Notes-

Freeman 2 has been removed from the map for simplicity. I will still track his stabilisation etc. off-screen.

Caltrop squares should be fairly obvious on the map. You have line of sight on all the Mwangi but they have cover from you due to their barricade. You may roll caltrop attacks against yourself during your turn for ease.

Caltrop Rules:

A caltrop is a four-pronged metal spike crafted so that one prong faces up no matter how the caltrop comes to rest. You scatter caltrops on the ground in the hope that your enemies step on them or are at least forced to slow down to avoid them. One 2-pound bag of caltrops covers an area 5 feet square.

Each time a creature moves into an area covered by caltrops (or spends a round fighting while standing in such an area), it runs the risk of stepping on one. Make an attack roll for the caltrops (base attack bonus +0) against the creature. For this attack, the creature's shield, armor, and deflection bonuses do not count. If the creature is wearing shoes or other footwear, it gets a +2 armor bonus to AC. If the attack succeeds, the creature has stepped on a caltrop. The caltrop deals 1 point of damage, and the creature's speed is reduced by half because its foot is wounded. This movement penalty lasts for 24 hours, until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or until it receives at least 1 point of magical healing. A charging or running creature must immediately stop if it steps on a caltrop. Any creature moving at half speed or slower can pick its way through a bed of caltrops with no trouble.

Caltrops may not work against unusual opponents.

Because 'Fighting' is not well defined, i'm ruling that only being in melee means you have to roll at the end of the round against caltrops.

Action-

The only mildly singed and shot Freeman atop the table moves to take the place of his retreating companion- who in turn draws and hurls an alchemists fire at Marcus after retreating a few feet- or at least, that was his plan. Grievously wounded by Tun'ada, he drops the vial in his pain and singes his bare feet. The Freeman who takes his place at the front goes on an all-out attack on Marcus; managing to foil his blade and shield only to be thwarted by his armoured kilt.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 (Cover applies to Marcus)
1d8 ⇒ 6

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Willow Only:

Just as Umagro finishes his speech and the crowd is distinctly turning against you, your sharp senses notice something they and Umagro do not- you hear the sounds of battle and the heavy thunks of wooden weapons on metal armour to the north-west. You quickly surmise that your newfound companions are meeting resistance.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

With her hair singed, Chi once more tries to take her revenge on these 'Freemen' as once more she sends waves of despair assaulting he foes, as slowly her black eye opens. "Take them Marcus, show no mercy."

Evil Eye vs Freeman 1, Will Save DC=15, -2 AC for 7 rounds or 1 round with save.


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th

Willow shakes her head at what he says and bites her lip clearly annoyed at what he said.

"It is true I may not know your plight as a Mwangi, but don't mistake me for a woman who does not know or understand oppression! I am a half-elf, a race often spurned by both humans and elves because we age at a rate other races are not comfortable with. I am also a druid, born in the mwangi jungle so again, I am disliked because I was not born to the ways of one who lives in a city." she lets the words hang there for a moment. "Believe me, if I saw slavery in this town I would burn that building down for I have no alligence to this town or any other. I have met many noble mwangi tribesmen and have healed them as they pass by my grove. Your cause is just, but holding this man hostage will not change anything."

At the fear of the crowd getting violent around her Willow casts produce flame and holds it there in her hands.
"Unlike your followers I can produce the raw element of fire. Believe me, if I did not believe in your cause I would've attacked you as soon as I entered the crowd as I don't care about the man you have your kukri too, however I believe you are a intelligent and brave man fighting for the freedom of your people, but taking this path will lead to more bloodshed. You kill this man and then what'll happen if they still refuse? You kill another? They refuse again and you kill another, but when will it end? You will make the people of this town fear your people and giving your enemy a reason to be prejudice, is that what you want?"

and this is where my diplomacy skill is going ot make this wall of text sound like gibberish. 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13


Your Humble Narrator

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

The second Freeman also succumbs to Chi's hex, a curse of unluck and uncertainty emanating from her black eye that makes his attempts to dodge attacks hindered.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

27/42hp

Marcus focuses on the hexed insurgent, his shield once again more accurate than his sword and again only narrowly avoiding the caltrops.

Melee Falcata 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Light Spiked Bashing Shield 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Caltrops 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Tun'ada carefully steps forward, and stabs at the insurgent in the back row with his spear, grimacing a bit as one of the caltrop barbs finds its way into the tribesman's foot...

Move half speed to (E,39), stab at freeman in (G,38)

Attack:1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 = 29 (naturalist)
Damage:1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Caltrop:1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Five:

Unable to gain a completely clear shot at the Freemen behind the barricade, Ambroze nevertheless takes a step to the side and fires his crossbow into the melee as he continues to offer words of encouragement to his companions.

5-ft step to C39. Free action to maintain Bardic Performance (Naturalist) granting all allies within 30 ft a +1 insight bonus to AC, attack rolls, and saving throws against the Freemen Brotherhood members. Standard action to fire light crossbow at Freeman in square G38. Move action to retrieve crossbow bolt from handy haversack.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 24 (naturalist, cover)
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 25 (naturalist, cover)
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Rounds of Bardic Performance used today: 6/19
Number of Bolts used today: 3/50

Ambroze's AC: 19 (includes Naturalist)
Ambroze's HP: 33/33


Your Humble Narrator

Ambroze fires off what must be the most fantastic crossbow shot any of you have ever witnessed. The bolt is fired from the narrow doorway, whizzing over Tun'ada's shoulder even as he tries to find an opening to lunge with his spear, flying underneath the crook of Marcus' extended shield arm, missing the barricade by a mere few centimetres and then meeting its target- the bolt enters the Freeman's throat and carries on flying, imbedding itself into the wall. The already wounded man crumples to the ground, gurgling in agony.

The fight then ends swiftly. Plagued by Chi's hex, Marcus' foe finds himself cut badly by the falcata and then attacked by the dual-wielding warrior's spiked shield. Staggering back from the multiple blows and barely standing, Tun'ada's longspear impales him in the chest, finishing the Freeman force off.

300XP each.

Willow, we'll come back to you in a little while. Your saying rather a lot. I'd like to keep us in initiative please everyone else.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 6-

Ordered Initiative-
Chi- 15
Ambroze- 9
Marcus- 6
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Tun'ada has a caltrop wound.

Map-

Link

Notes-

Freemen have been removed from the map for simplicity. I will still track their stabilisation etc. off-screen.

Action-

I don't mind you declaring multiple rounds worth of actions at once if you prefer, or posting out of order. But I do want to keep tracking in rounds.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

They'll be more. A singed Marcus pants, trying not to step on the caltrops and eying the barricade.

Can we move over it?


Your Humble Narrator

Yup, treat it as difficult terrain now your no longer in combat.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Tun'ada ends his rage and begins to climb over the barricade. Once across the barricade, the tribesman attempts to tend to his wounded foot by cleaning the wound with water from his waterskin and tearing a bit of cloth from the one of the fallen freemen's clothing to use as a bandage. Realizing that the group does not have the time to wait he asks, "Ambroze, is there anything you can do about this quickly?"


Your Humble Narrator

Treating your caltrop wound with mundane healing will take ten minutes.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Six:

"I've got a healing potion here," Ambroze offers, pulling said potion from his magical pack.

Were Marcus and/or Chi wounded by the caltrops as well?

Just had a thought (wish I'd thought of it earlier): Would it be possible to sweep the caltrops aside using Mage Hand?


Your Humble Narrator

Currently they aren't a particular risk as long as you move half speed through them. You could move them with Mage Hand but it would take a very long time considering you'd have to move one caltrop at a time. Marcus and Chi escaped the caltrop's wrath.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Waiting for my initiative but Marcus will move to block the door as soon as he can, readying as time permits. Some healing would be nice (although Willow may be carting most of that around outside) although prioritise Tun'ada's movement rate :)


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Sighing Chi's wounds from the acid burns down her arms and legs are minor, though disfiguring. Chi knows her friends won't mind, but she covers the wounds up, hoping none will see. Then she start over the barricade into the building and towards where Gelik is held. Looking for a way up to the roof.

Heads towards the doors at J36, on arrival will check for traps.
Perception +15 takes a 10 for a total of 25


Your Humble Narrator

You know what, this is going to be an awkward way of doing things- it wasn't one of my better ideas. Forget initiative order, just declare your actions and i'll worry about tracking it on my end.

Chi moves over to the door and begins to check for traps- she is reasonably confident the door isn't trapped. Marcus hovers nearby, anxious for threats on the other side. Tun'ada is healed by Ambroze's potion and the caltrop wound closes over.

What else are you doing?


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

If they're are more, they'll be ready for us. We should heal and prepare as best we can although we need to be quick!

When people have done whatever they want to do and Tun'ada has moved up, Marcus will open the door with shield up. Wouldn't be a bad idea for Chi / Ambroze to scavenge any left over alchemist fire.


Your Humble Narrator

It certainly wouldn't, but Gelik has a kukri to his throat up there so you'll have to weigh up whether you can risk it...


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Healing Potion:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

How many rounds is it going to take us to get into position? I need to know for fatigue purposes.

After drinking the potion provided by Ambroze, Tun'ada takes a position next to Marcus, spear in hand.


Your Humble Narrator

We'll say three total, more if your stopping to loot.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

"Lets go as quick as we can, lets get on our way, Gelik is in trouble after all." Chi asks Marcus with a nod to burst open the doors.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

"Wait a second Marcus," Ambroze says, stepping carefully through the entranceway to join his companions. "This might help a little bit," the gnome scholar adds, casting a curative spell on the fighter.

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Marcus: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 hp healed.

Ambroze re-loads his crossbow.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Thanks Ambroze.

Marcus opens the door, moving swiftly through.

So no looting then, maybe 2 rounds?


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

I'd be willing to loot for 2 rounds to give Tun'ada a bit more time to recover from post-rage fatigue.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

How many rounds does Tun'ada need to get over the rage? I'm pretty sure Chi is more concerned with getting to Gelik than Tun'ada's fatigued.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Based on our original actions, without looting, Tun'ada would still be fatigued for 3 more rounds. I'm not particularly worried about the fatigue, I just wanted to know so that I knew how much longer I was going to be fatigued.


Your Humble Narrator

You get into position around the door after a very brief pause to heal Tun'ada's foot, check the door for traps and have Marcus' shield up and ready as he opens.

I'm going with my original three rounds on this, for tracking purposes. However, as I lost my Maptools folder (with my painstakingly organised resource library... sigh...) i'm still configuring it and rebuilding my Maptools and the map for this game. I hope to update with you bursting through the door tomorrow.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Ugh know the pain all too well DM.


Your Humble Narrator

Round 9-

Marcus opens the unlocked door, shield up at the ready- the door opens out to the very centre of the complex. This broad, cobbled courtyard is surrounded by buildings. On the side facing the beach, a wide ramp leads down to the shore through a gated arch. Wedged into the passage lies the bloody carcass of a tremendous whale. The carcass is bound with thick cables that lead to a crank hoist at the top of the ramp. On either side sit warehouses. The entire complex reeks of burnt fat and slaughter; and the flagstones of the courtyard are saturated with what looks like blood and whale oil.

To the east, you note a large brick structure 5a/5b with one side unwalled and completely open to the elements; the side you are facing. Inside the structure, huge winches hang from the ceiling, rigged to oversized wooden blocks dangling hooks and straps. Toward the back, a metal and wood grid bisects the building, acting as a second floor. Atop the grid, a series of long, trough-shaped vats line the back wall. Below the grid stand three tremendous cast-iron boilers.

So not only the bottom floor which is open, but an open second floor, ten feet up.

Although you cannot see him from this angle, this seems to be the building that Umagro is orating from; and you spot a ladder and a hatch leading to the roof from the second floor (although you don't see a way to access the metal and wood grid that makes up the second 'floor' without climbing).

From the building to the west, you can hear what seems to be loud, mechanical growling and grinding. You note a set of stairs which looks like it will eventually lead up to a raised walkway that rises slowly above the southern end of the building; and you also note that this southern end of the building appears to be roofless.

You get a moment to take all this in and then two arrows suddenly hit Marcus; the first glancing from his shield but the second piercing his armoured kilt and wounding the leg underneath.

Marcus takes 4 damage. The Freemen are trying to snipe but all of your perception bonuses are high enough to auto-spot them with the rolls they made.

You quickly spot the snipers- they are firing from crouched positions from the tree up at the top of the walkway.

DM Only:

1d20 - 7 ⇒ (11) - 7 = 4 Stealth
1d20 - 7 ⇒ (8) - 7 = 1 Stealth

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d8 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d8 ⇒ 2

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 9-

Ordered Initiative-

Freemen- 20
Chi- 15
Ambroze- 9
Marcus- 6
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Map-

Link

Notes-

Bear in mind the Freeman are above ground- ten feet up in the tree but also a good fifteen up due to the fact that the tree is planted on the earthen walkway. Just to your left is the beginning of the stairs that appear to curl round the building and lead to that walkway.

Action-


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Round 1 in courtyard

Chi sees the oil and blood spread over the cobbles, she moves behind the winch, taking total cover whilst she prepares. As she moved she tore a strip of cloth from her sleeve. She carefully ties the cloth around one of her arrows. As she does this she says "Get in cover now, I have a plan to stop those being a nuisance. Get out of the way of them, hide."

Craft(bows) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 to add the cloth

Players Only:

Give Chi a moment she's gonna try and set the whale on fire, the smoke will give you all cover and make the Freeman uncomfortable, might even do some damage. She'll dip the arrow in oil next go, 3rd round she'll light the arrow, 4th round she'll fire at the fattiest, oiliest part of the whale. If you guys take total cover yourselves, she can prepare. Chi whispers this loudly to you, or at least in a voice that won't be heard by the 2 snipers over there. It might also help by getting some alchemist fire (from the bodies of the dead Freemen) spread on the whale too...or other fire.

Of course if you think this is a bad plan, then spoiler the plan.

351 to 400 of 1,199 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Alexander Kilcoynes Serpents Skull PbP- Chapter 2, Racing to Ruin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.