Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Alexander Kilcoynes Serpents Skull PbP- Chapter 2, Racing to Ruin (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"I might toss her back into the sea for good measure"

Nkechi "The Tempest", speaking about Willow Whisperwood.


301 to 350 of 1,199 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Marcus curses quietly to himself as he dismounts.

We need someway to get close enough to dispatch the leader before he kills Gelik. Maybe, Chi can get inside? Damnit. Can anyone think of a distraction?


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

How high up is the building? Is there a balcony closer to the man.

Chi looks around for an entrance to the building, or a way of climbing up closer to the man holding Gelik.

"Yes, we'll have to try something, get a blanket out, we need to catch Gelik should he fall, be pushed or jump."


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

DM said 40 feet high. Just too high for hexes :(


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Tun'ada seems distracted for a moment...

DM AK or Sense Motive DC 20:
Hearing Umagro's oratory, Tun'ada is momentarily torn between his desire to save Gelik and his own personal desires to see slavery abolished everywhere...


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 to determine a wall or something to climb up, with the aid of rope and a grappling hook, if someone has such a piece of equipment.


Your Humble Narrator

On the street level, this particularly large building of the complex that Umagro is stood on top of is walled off by a formidable looking, twenty foot high smooth wall, seperating the complex from the street on which you stand. Its possible that there are other ways into the compound if you scouted around, but Umagro would clearly see you trying to scale the wall here.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"This compound is one of the most defensible structures in the city. It's walled on all sides, including the beachfront. It's the perfect place for the insurrectionists to hole up. The only easy way to get inside is through the main offices on the street level - and I would bet that any easy way in is guarded by more of the Brotherhood. Any other routes would involve somehow circumventing or scaling the walls," Ambroze informs his companions.


Your Humble Narrator

For clarity, on a different street than this one. Your kind of east of the compound right now, the street where the main office building is located is on the north side of the compound.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

They can obviously see us now. Would they do so if one or more of us went round to the entrance to the main office building - or is the wall/buildings blocking it?


Your Humble Narrator

You've not yet done anything suspicious, so working your way round to the other street isn't likely to attract Umagro's attention. He'll lose line of sight on you and vice versa as you go to the other street.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi has no reason not to climb up onto the wall for a better view of the entertainment. She just wants a grappling hook..But she would discuss her aims with the group first. She would try and act as a loner in the crowd, so as not to cast any suspicion on the rest of the party


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Marcus whispers to the others.

Feel free to come up with any ideas but as I see it we have two options. All of us try and make our way to the entrance and find a way to the roof. Or we split, maybe Chi and Tun'ada try while we .. he looks sidewise at Ambroze.. try and distract everyone.

The first keeps us together but I at least am going to make a heap of noise and I don't think Gelik can afford that. The second leaves Chi and Tun'ada exposed if he has more men inside.

But whatever we do, we must decide quickly!


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

"I will do which ever is decided in order to save Gelik, though I have no desire to kill this man or his men. His cause is just, though his actions are misguided."


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

"I have suffered and know that his cause is right, but Gelik is a friends and we should save him. If I can get close enough, I might be able to put him into a slumber and allow Gelik a means of escape. It's why if we could get something to cushion his fall, he could jump from the roof and perhaps even join us. It is easy for me to show my sympathies for them, like Tun'ada neither of us like slavery. I can climb up and start to talk to the man. Just give me a secured rope that I might climb up the wall and speak with him."


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

I'm not sure if anyone has a grapple? As I am seeing DM's description the leader is standing on the roof with a knife to Gelik's throat. If he hears you throw the grapple or climb how likely do you think it is he will just kill him? DM is there any visible reasonable way of climbing onto the roof steathily as opposed to going through the building.


Your Humble Narrator

Not really on this side of the wall. Hes twenty feet higher than the wall with excellent line of sight over this side. Anyone climbing up onto this wall really has nowhere to hide.


The crowd is becoming larger and larger and it seems there are very mixed feelings in the crowd; even some conflict as voices begin to get heated in defence or contempt of the Freemen actions. All the while, Umagro continues to orate, gesturing with his free hand while all the while, the Kukri is held close to Gelik's throat...

For over five hundred years, the colonials of Sargava have belittled us, slaughtered us, enslaved us and used us for their own ends! Five! Hundred! Years! Long enough for any 'civilised' nation to stop exploiting its indigenous people; they have had their chance! The Mwangi of Sargava MUST RISE UP and take their freedom for themselves; they will never grant it to us! We in the Freemen Brotherhood are keenly aware of this; but I see it in the eyes of all of my Mwangi brothers, every day!


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th

damn and I used up spider climb to summon the elemental to put out the flames. Hmm...I have warp wood if that helps? I also have fog cloud or obscuring mist. The only other spell I have is more for combat really.

Willow, seeing how the group is discussing what to do then decides to do something herself.
"I'll talk to him. He won't believe me, but it'll keep his ears and eyes focused at me while I argue with him."

If no one objects or stops her.

Willow walks through the crowd defiantly and leers up at the man holding the Kukri to Gelik's throat.
"You cause may be just, but burning down building and holding innocents hostage will not make the government listen to you! That man has done nothing wrong and you dishonour all mwangi by holding him hostage."


Your Humble Narrator

Will wait a bit to see if anyone stops Willow.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

"Wait just a moment, Willow. I have an idea..."

AK, are we within 90 ft of Umagro? If so, Ambroze will try to use Bardic Performance to Fascinate Umagro.


Your Humble Narrator

You realise failure will likely mean Gelik's death right? You may not want to risk it all on a save or suck. Just a thought. Let me know if you want to proceed still :).


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

"All right, Willow you keep him talking, yet the crowd on your side, we'll go in the main door and see if we can find a way up to the roof." says Chi realising they need to act fast.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Yeah, it's probably not worth the risk: DC 15 Will save to resist, and only lasts as long as I maintain the performance, all to cause fascinated target to take a -4 penalty on all skill checks made as reactions, such as Perception checks. Any potential threat to the target allows the target to make a new saving throw against the effect (and this guy will probably perceive anything we do or say as a potential threat). Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect.

Let's go with Willow's distraction.


Your Humble Narrator

Leaving the character with 7 charisma to orate while the rest of the party sneak... What could possibly go wrong? ;).

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6 Willow charisma check

Willow begins to speak up and shout to Umagro, much to the chagrin of the crowd around her who mutter in discontent. The passionate Mwangi shouts back at her- and much of the crowd murmur in agreement with his words. It takes only a few sentences of his orating for the crowd to begin to turn ugly...

DM Only:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

You know nothing of what you speak, white-skinned slaver supporter! No doubt you are the trophy wife of some pompous minister in the Grand Custodian's Palace- an ornament to make the man feel better about enabling the suffering of thousands! You dare to accuse me of dishonour? he holds the Kukri even tighter to Gelik's throat, face red with anger.

The Freemen Brotherhood does not have colonial might- but we have passion and we shall do whatever it takes to achieve our ends! You do not sharpen your teeth and nails to fight a lion!

Pause for now, i'll let you know when to declare Willow's next action. Thats about a minute of dialogue Umagro just spurted out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the rest of you slink down the street while Willow distracts Umagro. You lose line of sight on him as you work your way around to the north side of the complex. You find your way to the main offices, marked by a well-crafted wooden sign.

Link to Sign Image

You try your luck with the door, but although it doesn't seem to be locked, it doesn't budge. You suspect it might be barred. However, your far away enough from Umagro that its unlikely you will alert him by trying to bash it down, either by a single display of force or by hacking it apart with a weapon (although the latter could be taken for vandalism, especially if prolonged).


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

I was thinking Ambroze might make a better show of the diplomacy with fascinate for back-up but cel a vie :)

Marcus pulls out his lucky crowbar (from the Shiv after all) and takes to the door.

Tun'ada can you give me a hand?

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (crowbar not included)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 (crowbar not included)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 (crowbar not included)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 (crowbar not included)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 (crowbar not included)


Your Humble Narrator

Marcus spends some time struggling to force the door open with his crowbar, but to no avail. His final attempt has the door creaking onimously and almost giving way but his effort is not quite enough.

So far you have hit DC24 (16 on the dice). A 17 on the dice will do it.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Was hoping for an assist from Tun'ada but some more rolls if that isn't forthcoming or fails.

Sweat is pouring down Marcus's face by the time the door starts to give.

Stupid, bloody, good craftsmenship...

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Your Humble Narrator

I've assumed an assist from Tun'ada on all rolls anyway. Ok it took you 7 attempts... will update a little later.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2
Marcus Alanto wrote:

Was hoping for an assist from Tun'ada but some more rolls if that isn't forthcoming or fails.

Sorry would have posted sooner, but it was a hell of day at work.


Your Humble Narrator

Marcus finally forces the damn door open- only to face another barrier right in his path; a crude barricade made from junk and piled up furniture with a heavy table as its centerpiece; and a painful lookinng floor, on account of the caltrops scattered all over it!

Behind the barrier, three Mwangi warriors stand, each with a vial of alchemists fire ready in his hands, on the verge of hurling it at Tun'ada and Marcus...

Although i'm using the Paizo provided map as i'm short on time, please ignore the in-built squares on it as I dislike the scale. Use the clear and co-ordinated Maptools grid, i've made it extra thick for ease of use. Although you were expecting resistance, i'm ruling a surprise round for those inside, as they were distinctly aware of your presence and you were not distinctly aware of theirs.

Caught off-guard for a moment the second the door is forced open, the door-breaking duo are subjected to a small massed volley of alchemists fire hurled their way. One over-enthusiastic throw smashes against the door frame singing Tun'ada, while another bounces from it and lands harmlessly in the centre of the room. The third hurtles directly at Marcus' face; the veteran warriors quick instincts (or perhaps simple luck...) aiding him, as he just barely manages to get his arm up in the way and stop his face being badly burnt while Tun'ada is singed once more. Despite Marcus' potentially life-saving block, his arm takes the brunt of the burns instead as the liquid flame immolates it!

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 VS Tun'ada (Miss!)
1d8 ⇒ 8

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 VS Marcus (Miss!)
1d8 ⇒ 5

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 VS Marcus (Crit thread)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 VS Marcus
2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

2 damage for Tun'ada, 6 for Marcus with 1d6 more coming next round unless you take a full-round action to extinguish the flames (see Alchemists Fire for details).

FOR FREEDOM! the three Mwangi men shout enthusiastically in unison, using their preferred Polyglot tongue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 1

Ordered Initiative-

Party Initiative:

Chi- 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 (GM reminder- note deformity, -2 not included)
Marcus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Tun'ada- 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 (GM reminder- favored terrain jungle +2)
Ambroze- 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Freemen Insurgents (acted)- 18
Chi- 15
Ambroze- 9
Marcus- 6
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Marcus is on fire! He gets a special red halo :).

Freemen are at +4AC/CMD not including cover.

Map-

Link

Notes-

Caltrop squares should be fairly obvious on the map. You have line of sight on all the Mwangi but they have cover from you due to their barricade. You may roll caltrop attacks against yourself during your turn for ease.

Caltrop Rules:

A caltrop is a four-pronged metal spike crafted so that one prong faces up no matter how the caltrop comes to rest. You scatter caltrops on the ground in the hope that your enemies step on them or are at least forced to slow down to avoid them. One 2-pound bag of caltrops covers an area 5 feet square.

Each time a creature moves into an area covered by caltrops (or spends a round fighting while standing in such an area), it runs the risk of stepping on one. Make an attack roll for the caltrops (base attack bonus +0) against the creature. For this attack, the creature's shield, armor, and deflection bonuses do not count. If the creature is wearing shoes or other footwear, it gets a +2 armor bonus to AC. If the attack succeeds, the creature has stepped on a caltrop. The caltrop deals 1 point of damage, and the creature's speed is reduced by half because its foot is wounded. This movement penalty lasts for 24 hours, until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or until it receives at least 1 point of magical healing. A charging or running creature must immediately stop if it steps on a caltrop. Any creature moving at half speed or slower can pick its way through a bed of caltrops with no trouble.

Caltrops may not work against unusual opponents.

Action-

The three Freemen are garbed in a similar fashion to their comrades you vanquished at your faction's warehouse; hide armour, with bows and clubs and apparently, multiple vials of the destructive alchemists fire. Apparently not recognising you, the insurgents take no chances- hurling more alchemists fire at Tun'ada and Marcus before making best use of the barricade, expecting return fire.

Fluff text for them fighting defensively while throwing.

Perhaps the hearts of the hardened Mwangi freedom fighters are not truly invested into throwing flasks of fire directly at one of their own people, or perhaps their aim is simply off. Two more hurled vials of alchemists fire miss the Caldaru shapeshifter, only one even singing him in the slightest. Marcus is once again struck, this time right below his neck, the liquid fire seeping in under his breastplate.

1d20 ⇒ 6 VS Tun'ada
1d8 ⇒ 4

1d20 ⇒ 2 VS Tun'ada
1d8 ⇒ 8

1d20 ⇒ 19 VS Marcus
1d6 ⇒ 3

3 damage Marcus, 2 damage Tun'ada. Marcus, your going to be subjected to 1d6 points of fire damage on your initiative with another 1d6 to follow in Round 2; if you decide to extinguish flames on yourself and are successful in this round, you negate both d6...

Total Damage- 9 on Marcus, 4 on Tun'ada.

The Vandals are up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Willow:

Please make a perception check.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round One:

"Careful, guys! Shoot them before they can throw more fire! Aim for the gaps in their armor!" Ambroze advises his companions as he reaches into his magical haversack to retrieve his loaded crossbow.

Standard action to activate Bardic Performance (Naturalist), granting all allies within 30 ft a +1 insight bonus to AC, attack rolls, and saving throws against the Freemen Brotherhood members. Move action to retrieve loaded crossbow from handy haversack.

Rounds of Bardic Performance used today: 2/19

Ambroze's AC: 18
Ambroze's HP: 33/33


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Moving with all due care through the floor covered with caltrops, (or stopping outside) Chi's eyes looks directly at the Mwangi starting to sing a soft melancholic song, whose notes seem to surround the Mwangi caressing his mind and soothing him.

Slumber Hex on Freeman 1, DC=15 Will save or sleep for 2 rounds. Move 1/2 speed through caltrops for no damage, to D,38


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

DM before I take my action how many flasks of fire do each of the visible enemies appear to have left?


Your Humble Narrator

They are pulling them out of a pouch so its hard to say.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Chi's target puts up a mighty struggle but eventually the power of her mind compels him as he falls down and begins snoring against the barricade. Ambroze begins to call out magically tinged words of encouragement as he produces a loaded crossbow.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

With the others not in imminent danger and with their healer outside, Marcus focuses on putting out the fire on himself.

Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 (not rolling)

Although the fire proves tenacious....


Your Humble Narrator

Your free to roll your own fire damage good sir.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Firey pain 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Noting the caltrops on the ground, Tun'ada retrieves his bow and takes a shot at a member of the Brotherhood.

Targeting Freemen 2

Attack:1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9 (naturalist)
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Hmmm, with Khalid out of action, it looks like the dice curse has followed me here.


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th

Sorry for the late post, been out all day. Also all the talk about Freemen makes me think of HL2, especially as they call Gordan "the one free man."

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Your Humble Narrator

Bah, for some reason I totally thought I was still waiting on Tun'ada! Will update in about 8-9 hours once I wake up.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Working the night shift Alex? :)


Your Humble Narrator

My sleep pattern is.

Tun'ada's luck seems to abandon him as his efforts shift to offence; he tries to fire through the open door only for the arrow to catch on the door frame.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 2

Ordered Initiative-

Freemen Insurgents (acted)- 18
Chi- 15
Ambroze- 9
Marcus- 6
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Marcus AND Chi are on fire! They BOTH get a special red halo :).

Freemen have cover.

Map-

Link (Init 15)

Notes-

Caltrop squares should be fairly obvious on the map. You have line of sight on all the Mwangi but they have cover from you due to their barricade. You may roll caltrop attacks against yourself during your turn for ease.

Caltrop Rules:

A caltrop is a four-pronged metal spike crafted so that one prong faces up no matter how the caltrop comes to rest. You scatter caltrops on the ground in the hope that your enemies step on them or are at least forced to slow down to avoid them. One 2-pound bag of caltrops covers an area 5 feet square.

Each time a creature moves into an area covered by caltrops (or spends a round fighting while standing in such an area), it runs the risk of stepping on one. Make an attack roll for the caltrops (base attack bonus +0) against the creature. For this attack, the creature's shield, armor, and deflection bonuses do not count. If the creature is wearing shoes or other footwear, it gets a +2 armor bonus to AC. If the attack succeeds, the creature has stepped on a caltrop. The caltrop deals 1 point of damage, and the creature's speed is reduced by half because its foot is wounded. This movement penalty lasts for 24 hours, until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or until it receives at least 1 point of magical healing. A charging or running creature must immediately stop if it steps on a caltrop. Any creature moving at half speed or slower can pick its way through a bed of caltrops with no trouble.

Caltrops may not work against unusual opponents.

Because 'Fighting' is not well defined, i'm ruling that only being in melee means you have to roll at the end of the round against caltrops.

Action-

Whatever else they are, the Freemen seem highly organised. The Freeman at the rear swiftly wakes the slumbered man, who rises to his feet and draws an alchemists fire. The second man at the front of the barricade hurls his bottle of flame directly at Chi, seeking to disrupt her powers.

Bear in mind that if you take 'Continuous Damage' such as the damage for the turn after taking a direct hit from Alchemist's Fire, you have to make a concentration check.

The flask of alchemists fire is hurled point blank and catches Chi with a direct hit, incidentally singing both Tun'ada and Marcus and scattering even more glass into the small entrance chamber.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d6 ⇒ 1 Fire Damage, extra 1d6 damage next round unless you take a full-round action to extinguish flames (I wouldn't recommend rolling in the caltrops for a +4 bonus...)

And 1 damage to Tun'ada and Marcus.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Two:

Ambroze continues to offer words of encouragement to his companions as he steps up behind Tun'ada. Weaving the words of a spell into his oration, the gnome scholar touches the Mwangi warrior on the shoulder, imbuing him with great bravery and a boost in morale. The gnome scholar then reaches into his magical pack to retrieve his own flask of alchemist's fire.

Free action to maintain Bardic Performance (Naturalist) granting all allies within 30 ft a +1 insight bonus to AC, attack rolls, and saving throws against the Freemen Brotherhood members. 5 ft step to square B,38. Standard action to cast Heroism on Tun'ada, granting him a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks; duration 40 minutes. Move action to retrieve flask of alchemist's fire from handy haversack.

Rounds of Bardic Performance used today: 3/19

Ambroze's AC: 19 (includes Naturalist)
Ambroze's HP: 33/33


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Feeling the surge of Ambroze's spell, Tun'ada takes aim with his bow again and fires at the same Freeman as before.

Targeting Freeman 2

Attack:1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 28 (naturalist, heroism)
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Waiting for Chi to take my action.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi's hands beat against her flaming clothes trying to put the fire out.

Reflex save vs fire DC 15 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19 with naturalist


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

28/42 hp

Marcus moves through the field of caltrops, standing in front of Chi and striking at the warrior Tunada shot at with his sword. E,38.

Falcata 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 (power attack)
1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Fire 1d6 ⇒ 6

Caltrops 1d20 ⇒ 8


Your Humble Narrator

Heh, Marcus i'm pretty sure Tun'ada didn't 'shoot with his sword'.

Tun'ada manages to shoot one of the Freemen with an arrow, the projectile imbedding itself into the man's upper thigh. The Freeman grimaces and snaps the shaft, throwing the haft aside. Marcus enters the fray but is confounded by the barricade, failing to land a blow. At least his footwear is sufficient to prevent a caltrop imbedding itself in him, for now.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 3-

Ordered Initiative-

Freemen Insurgents (acted)- 18
Chi- 15
Ambroze- 9
Marcus- 6
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Freemen have cover.

Freeman 1 and 2 have cover and +4 from fighting defensively.

Map-

Link (Init 15)

Notes-

Caltrop squares should be fairly obvious on the map. You have line of sight on all the Mwangi but they have cover from you due to their barricade. You may roll caltrop attacks against yourself during your turn for ease.

Caltrop Rules:

A caltrop is a four-pronged metal spike crafted so that one prong faces up no matter how the caltrop comes to rest. You scatter caltrops on the ground in the hope that your enemies step on them or are at least forced to slow down to avoid them. One 2-pound bag of caltrops covers an area 5 feet square.

Each time a creature moves into an area covered by caltrops (or spends a round fighting while standing in such an area), it runs the risk of stepping on one. Make an attack roll for the caltrops (base attack bonus +0) against the creature. For this attack, the creature's shield, armor, and deflection bonuses do not count. If the creature is wearing shoes or other footwear, it gets a +2 armor bonus to AC. If the attack succeeds, the creature has stepped on a caltrop. The caltrop deals 1 point of damage, and the creature's speed is reduced by half because its foot is wounded. This movement penalty lasts for 24 hours, until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or until it receives at least 1 point of magical healing. A charging or running creature must immediately stop if it steps on a caltrop. Any creature moving at half speed or slower can pick its way through a bed of caltrops with no trouble.

Caltrops may not work against unusual opponents.

Because 'Fighting' is not well defined, i'm ruling that only being in melee means you have to roll at the end of the round against caltrops.

Action-

The Freemen adapt quickly to the change in tactical situation. The one not manning the barricade swiftly clambers up onto a nearby table where he can throw flasks of alchemists fire directly at Chi without Marcus being in the way. The other two Freemen stand their ground against Marcus, who finds himself hard-pressed. Despite their simple weapons, his foes are strong and decent in a scrape, although their efforts are defensive. Marcus begins to find his rhythm as he simultaneously parries one club while taking the other one on the face of his shield. The hurled flask of alchemists fire misses Chi and hits the wall next to Marcus and the unwounded Freeman, who are both singed by the splashed liquid fire. The Freeman whose club Marcus parries shouts at him in a tongue he does not understand-

Polyglot:

[b]You will not get past us! Run now and we'll let you go!

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Alchemists Fire VS Chi
1d8 ⇒ 6

Marcus and Freeman take 1 damage.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Club VS Marcus

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Club VS Marcus


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Please note: Ambroze stepped to square B,38 in the previous round.

Round Three:

Polyglot:
"You shall not deter us! Flee now and we will let you live!"

Ambroze shouts in the same language as the club-wielder as he tosses his flask of alchemist's fire at the arsonist standing atop the table. Once he tosses the flask, he reaches into his magical haversack to retrieve a crossbow bolt. All the while the gnome scholar continues to offer words of encouragement to his companions.

Free action to maintain Bardic Performance (Naturalist) granting all allies within 30 ft a +1 insight bonus to AC, attack rolls, and saving throws against the Freemen Brotherhood members. Standard action to throw flask of alchemist's fire 25 ft at Freeman 3 standing atop the table. Move action to retrieve crossbow bolt from haversack.
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 17 (naturalist, cover, range penalty)
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 (plus potential 1d6 fire damage next round if this hit was successful)
1 hp Fire Splash Damage to Freeman 2 if attack against Freeman 3 was successful.

Rounds of Bardic Performance used today: 4/19

Ambroze's AC: 19 (includes Naturalist)
Ambroze's HP: 33/33


Your Humble Narrator

Moved Ambroze to correct position on map. Will await Chi's action before I tell you if that was a hit...

301 to 350 of 1,199 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Alexander Kilcoynes Serpents Skull PbP- Chapter 2, Racing to Ruin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.