Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Alexander Kilcoynes Serpents Skull PbP- Chapter 2, Racing to Ruin (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"I might toss her back into the sea for good measure"

Nkechi "The Tempest", speaking about Willow Whisperwood.


451 to 500 of 1,199 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:


Active Effects-
Heroism on Tun'ada and Marcus

Not that I'm complaining, but when did this happen?


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
But clearly the most important thing is we now have a Mwangi rooftop duel to a background of fire and shadows beneath, complete with a spectator crowd. *grabs popcorn*.

I know! That is a sweetly cinematic image! Go Tun'ada!


Your Humble Narrator

Round 2. It has a 40 minute duration.

Here (Link)


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Round 2. It has a 40 minute duration.

Here (Link)

Cool. Thanks.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

In the confusion Chi uses the smoke and shadows to make her way around to the ladder and starts to climb, silently upwards taking care to remain difficult to see. Her hair becomes almost chameleon like, blending into the dark colours and shadows from the billowing smoke. She has rubbed dirt into her cheeks, streaking dark stripes across her face. A silent force against the Freemen, her target the man holding her friend Gelik.

That's where the stealth roll comes into effect, hiding behind building, then sneaking up the ladder to the roof.


Your Humble Narrator

As I specified in general description earlier and in a spoiler to Tun'ada (description obviously isn't very clear) the ladder leads from the second level to the roof. The second level is a metal grid with various heavy objects on it, and is the level on which the Freeman currently stand. Theres no cover to be had once you start climbing or jumping onto it so no stealth i'm afraid. You need a DC12 acrobatics check to jump high enough to start climbing.

Heres a picture to help visualise it. You want to get to A5b, where the ladder is.

Link

And the smokes nowhere near close enough to use as concealment yet.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

OK if Chi can't make it up the ladder and use her stealth, she will use the cover of the building and fire at the nearest Freeman with her bow, so move to M,42 and fire.

Longbow attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 at P,47
Longbow damage 1d8 ⇒ 8


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th

Willow begins to cast her spell, calling forth a creature of nature to aid her.
"Umagro, you fight against nature. It is time to surrender or face your death." she grins as she continues her summoning.


From her position in cover, Chi fires off an arrow that takes one of the club wielding Freemen in the shoulder and he cries out in pain as the projectile hits home.

High above, Umagro grabs the haft of Tun'ada's longspear and agilely spins his body towards the Caldaru, bracing himself against the longspear so it can't strike him as he closes the distance. Snarling in rage at him, Umagro attacks with his right hand Kukri and his teeth. Tun'ada dodges several incoming blows to the Freeman leader's frustration, but Umagro does finally manage to cut the Caldaru with his exotic knife.

You are not who I was expecting to face, kinsman... We should not be doing battle against each other he says to Tun'ada through gritted teeth as the two tribal warriors size each other up.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Kukri miss

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Kukri offhand miss

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Bite miss

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Kukri hit
1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

"I wish that it had not had to come to this, you left me no choice when you harmed Gelik." Tun'ada says snarling as he releases the spear and his claws and fangs extend just prior to attacking his fellow tribesman.

Enter rage

Right Claw:1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19 (heroism)
Damage:1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Left Claw:1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30 (heroism)
Damage:1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Bite:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8 (heroism)
Damage:1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Wow that's a lot of 1's...


Your Humble Narrator

I think you fared better than Umagro- did you see his bloody rolls? 1, 2, 3!

Tun'ada strikes the Freeman leader with both claws, drawing shallow wounds with two successful slashes. The Freeman leader seems caught off-guard by the appearance of the claws but recovers in time to easily dodge Tun'ada's fang lunge.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

I think you fared better than Umagro- did you see his bloody rolls? 1, 2, 3!

You have to roll like garbage every now and then, AK, lord knows you don't do it often.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Thirteen:

Invisible Ambroze steps forward and tosses a flask of alchemist's fire at one of the elevated club-wielders threatening Marcus, negating the scholar's spell of concealment.

Move action 20 ft from square L37 to M41. Standard action to toss flask of alchemist's fire at Freeman club-wielder in square Q45.
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 4 = 16 (range penalty)
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 (plus potential 1d6 fire damage next round if this hit was successful)
1 hp Fire Splash Damage to adjacent Freemen if attack was successful.

The now visible gnome calls out in

Celestial:
"Guys! This whole courtyard's about to catch fire. We better get out of here!"

Ambroze's AC: 18
Ambroze's HP: 33/33


Your Humble Narrator

Ambroze's hurled vial of flame sails almost forty feet across and up to hit the Freeman on the upper level, singing him and his two close allies.

Q45 and R44 are actually the bow wielders, the club wielders are hanging back.

Although noting Ambroze's warning and watching the fire growing rapidly, Marcus is reluctant to ascend with the Freeman apparently waiting for him to sheathe his shield and begin to climb. He stands his ground, keeping his shield up and ready to defend himself, assuming an entirely defensive, crouched posture.

Marcus total defence.

Seeing Marcus not ascending, the singed Freeman archer fires an arrow from his shortobw at the easiest target- Ambroze. His ally rolls to the ground but fails to put out the flames immolating him in time and they continue to scald his flesh for a few seconds more before he eventually gets the flames under control. He shouts up towards the hatch-

Tun'ada you also hear this.

Polyglot:

Umagro- we must flee, they have set the compound aflame!

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 VS Ambroze (Hit)
1d6 ⇒ 2 Damage

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Reflex failure
1d6 ⇒ 2 Additional fire damage

Clubs still in hand, the two other Freeman race over to the hatch and ascend.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 14-

Ordered Initiative-

Marcus (DMBOT, acted)- 21
Freemen (acted)- 20
Willow- 17
Chi- 15
Umagro- 11
Ambroze- 9
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Heroism on Tun'ada and Marcus

Maps-

Theres one map for Chi, Marcus, and Ambroze and another for Tun'ada/Willow. I have switched the orientation of the second map to make it easier for me to draw, but its all still the right size etc. and if it becomes relevant I know where each square is in relation to the other map.

Link for Chi et al

Link for Willow/Tun'ada

Notes-

Note the fire is spreading rather rapidly! Compare this round's map to the previous one if you don't believe me ;).

Action-

Chi and Willow are up.


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th

Willows summoning then brings forth a giant centipede into battle at T71, flanking with Tun'ada.

Bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Seeing the Centipede struggle, Willow hurls more flame as Umagro, but however completely misses.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi pops her head round the corner, seeing the archers aiming at Ambroze, she smiles and laughs to herself. Taking an arrow from her quiver, it takes a moment to aim and fire. Looking at Ambroze, she sees the conflagration and dismay spreads across her face. "Ambroze we'd best get going, I seem to have been more successful with igniting that whale and its oil than I imagined. Let's get going." Chi starts round and towards the ladder.

Longbow attack Q,451d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Longbow damage 1d8 ⇒ 4


Your Humble Narrator

Chi's arrow slams into one of the two remaining Freemen- despite the fact that her target is prone she manages a well placed shot, again into his shoulder.

Willow summons a man-sized centipede into battle and it rears up, biting ineffectively at the armoured Umagro and then adds further fire to the melee; missing by a good few feet. The Freeman leader barks orders to the two who have emerged on the rooftop, pointing at Willow-

Polyglot:

Riddle her with arrows! I will give this one an honourable death in single combat.

Umagro sizes Tun'ada up, knives twirling with deadly intent as he scrutinises Tun'ada's stance, probing for weaknesses. Suddenly, he reverses his grip on one of his blades, jabbing it into the centipede with deadly force before it can react. The blade plunges through the natural armour of the summoned beast with ease and immediately overwhelms its connection to the material plane; it disappears. With the kukri still in reverse grip Umagro attempts to strike out with a horizontal slash- his off-hand kukri seeking to intercept Tun'ada's right claw and leave him open to attack. The agile Caldaru catches and traps the off-hand blade and leaps up and over the horizontal slash, seeking a moment to counter-attack. Umagro however, has not yet finished his relentless assault. Taking advantage of Tun'ada being on the defensive, he quickly circles around him, forcing his back to the crowd- and with a triumphant roar, he holds both kukri's in a reverse grip; catching and holding both of Tun'ada's claws at bay and hitting him hard in the chest with a powerful kick.

Tun'ada is sent flying across the roof from the forceful blow, managing to right himself near the edge of the roof by moving with the momentum of the blow, his magical boots grinding across the last few feet of wooden roof tiles and slowing towards the edge of the roof. For a moment, it looks like he escaped being forced off the building and onto the hard flagstones below. The sloped nature of the roof however, makes even his graceful landing risky and he can feel his feet threatening to slide off the roof as he lands...

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Kukri VS Centipede (Main Hand)
1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Kukri VS Tun'ada (Main Hand)

5 foot step between attacks.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 Knockback rage power, VS CMD

Tun'ada takes 5 points of damage and is knocked back ten feet! Tun'ada please make an acrobatics check to not slip off the roof's edge...

Initiative Update-

Marcus (DMBOT, acted)- 21
Freemen (acted)- 20
Willow (acted)- 17
Chi (acted)- 15
Umagro- 11
Ambroze- 9
Tun'ada- 6


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Fourteen:

Chi T'reignial wrote:
"Ambroze we'd best get going, I seem to have been more successful with igniting that whale and its oil than I imagined. Let's get going." Chi starts round and towards the ladder.

"I'll never be able to jump up there. I'll see you all outside," Ambroze replies to Chi as he turns and runs back through the whaling company's entrance.

Full round action to withdraw from courtyard, through entryway, and out to street if possible.

"FIRE! FIRE! THE FREEMEN HAVE SET FIRE TO THE WHALING COMPANY!!" Ambroze begins yelling in Polyglot and Common as he makes his way out to the street.

Ambroze's HP: 31/33


Your Humble Narrator

Ambroze's full withdraw is 40 feet I believe? Please confirm.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Yeah. Wasn't sure if I could make a full run at 4x speed (80 ft) or if I would be limited to just a double move (40 ft) (I believe a run action is limited to running in a straight line). I believe 40 ft only gets Ambroze back into the whaling company's entrance for this round.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Acrobatics:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Don't know the DC for this check, so I will wait to see how this is resolved before posting further.

Hmm, I'll take a chance that a 22 is going to do the job.

Scrambling to regain his footing after Umagro's kick, Tun'ada moves back in unsheathing his terbutje and preparing to strike with the weapon now grasped by both of his clawed hands. The tribesman carefully studies his target for a few brief moments before slashing.

Attack:1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21 (heroism)
Damage:1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 (two-handed strike)


Your Humble Narrator

Ambroze moves swiftly through the courtyard and back into the main office building.

Tun'ada's slash is successful, the greater reach his terbutje affords him allowing him to get back into the melee with a powerful swing that Umagro sways back from, just about preventing himself from being disembowelled by the cut.

Terrorists VS Door Vandals-

Round 15-

Ordered Initiative-

Marcus (DMBOT, acted)- 21
Freemen (acted)- 20
Willow- 17
Chi- 15
Umagro- 11
Ambroze- 9
Tun'ada- 6

Active Effects-

Heroism on Tun'ada and Marcus

Maps-

Theres one map for Chi, Marcus, and Ambroze and another for Tun'ada/Willow. I have switched the orientation of the second map to make it easier for me to draw, but its all still the right size etc. and if it becomes relevant I know where each square is in relation to the other map.

Link for Chi et al

Link for Willow/Tun'ada

Notes-

Note the fire is spreading rather rapidly! Compare this round's map to the previous one if you don't believe me ;).

Action-

Sheathing his sword and shield, Marcus readies himself to leap up to the second level, stepping underneath the grid itself as he does so to gain some cover. The prone Freeman stands to his feet and returns fire at Chi, his companion following suit. Neither arrow launched at her from the composite shortbows succeeds in anything but striking her cover.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Meanwhile on the rooftop, the two Freemen drop their clubs, putting arrows to their bows and firing on Willow below. Willow brings her shield up in time for the arrow to slam into the tough darkwood, glancing off as the second arrow sails perilously close to a member of the crowd; who are rapidly backing away from Willow or finding cover as she is clearly a target.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

It is apparent to everyone now that the fire is likely to rage out of control long before anyone can halt its spread. The compound is likely a lost cause- the western building has already begun to go up in flames and the eastern building atop which Tun'ada fights is already threatened by flames. The abundance of oil and dry wood in the compound has caused the flames to spread voraciously and the courtyard is now almost half engulfed in deadly flame.

Its clear to Willow in particular that the citizens nearby need to be rallied into a fire-fighting team if the buildings around her are to be saved. It won't be long before they too are at risk.

Chi and Willow are up.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi shouts to Marcus, "Leave now, run for it, the flames are spreading too quick. Come on, hurry, RETREAT!!!" She tries to give Marcus a bit of a start by using her powers to knock one of the freemen out. Even amongst the heat, her eyes sends its calm and serenity to the closest Freeman, lulling him towards slumber and a pleasant night. Once done she turns and moves out, following Ambroze's path back through the 'reception' building.

Hex: Sleep Will Save DC=15 or sleep for 2 rounds.
Move to J,37 on the way to exit following Ambroze.


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th

Willow again decides ot hurl the flame up at Umagro, but once again misses him and she feels the flame lessoning, only one hurl left in her hands.

1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 4 = 6


Your Humble Narrator

The Freeman Chi targets with her hex crumples to the metal grid as a result of her magic, falling over once again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Will save VS Sleep

Up on the roof, the wounded Umagro looks nervously at the approaching flames, then addresses Tun'ada; shouting over the roar of the flames and screams of the citizens and pointing at Gelik.

Polyglot:

His life may still be in your hands- you must choose vengeance for him or take the chance that he could live on, if you will it!

Umagro stumbles as his foot slips on one of the slates, but as Tun'ada tries to seize the advantage, it is revealed as merely a cunning ploy to force his hand. Umagro recovers from his "slip" with incredible reflexes, turning Tun'ada's blade aside with his kukri and then trapping it for just a moment with his second blade; before ramming his knee into the Caldaru's stomach, winding him and sending him staggering back several paces, sword held up defensively to parry the incoming attacks.

The follow up offence never comes. Umagro seizes the chance to run past his two Freemen and leap down over the stone wall and onto the large building below. His two men look like they will be following him shortly.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Knockback, 5HP damage to Tun'ada

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Acrobatics

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Acrobatics to negate 10 feet falling damage.

Umagro is now in square Y77.

Initiative Update-

Marcus (DMBOT, acted)- 21
Freemen (acted)- 20
Willow (acted)- 17
Chi (acted)- 15
Umagro (acted)- 11
Ambroze- 9
Tun'ada- 6

Ambroze and Tun'ada are up.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Looking back at the flames, then to Gelik's helpless form, Tun'ada calls out to the fleeing tribesman.

Polyglot:
"This is not over, Umagro! We will meet again, and you will pay for your deeds today!"

Turning his attention back to Gelik, the tribesman picks up the wounded gnome and leaps down off of the burning building to the stone wall below.

Acrobatics to negate 10 ft of fall damage:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19 (heroism)

Landing on the stone wall, Tun'ada looks for a suitable landing spot on the ground below.

Acrobatics to negate 10 ft of fall damage:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 (heroism)

Damnit!

Damage from fall:2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Round Fifteen:

Ambroze continues to make his way through the whaling company's reception area, and heaves an exasperated sigh upon spying the multitude of caltrops still covering the floor of the entryway. The gnome scholar slows to step carefully through the pointy obstructions.

Full round action to double move (40 ft of movement) as far as Ambroze can through the difficult terrain presented by the caltrops without stepping on any. If Ambroze makes it out to the street this round, he will begin yelling his alarm in Polyglot and Common as posted previously.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Bumping...who's next?


Your Humble Narrator

My update. Sorry had a rough evening yesterday and a meeting today. Will update this evening.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

No worries Alex, just didn't want one of us to be holding you up, as you have the most important narrative and I might say the most difficult, so really appreciate that.


Your Humble Narrator

Tun'ada's final jump to the ground didn't go as planned, although he was able to turn his body in the fall so he took the brunt of it instead of Gelik. The impact appeared to have been enough to re-open Gelik's throat wound, which had miraculously been a centimetre or so short of a killing blow.

Gelik is now Dying again.

Having just about made it out of the compound, Ambroze began to shout in Common and Polyglot about the fire. Behind him Chi was making her way out, with Marcus a little behind.

Meanwhile, high above, the remaining Freeman and their wounded leader Umagro made their escape over the rooftops, proving extremely adept at leaping from building to building and slipping away.

Consider us out of combat rounds for now- but still, whats everyone doing? Willow has enough time for a parting shot at Umagro if that is her priority. Gelik's dying and needs stabilisation and/or healing and the fire is clearly a risk to several nearby buildings...


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi rushes out of the compound, shouting for people to help put out the fire, or at least stop it's spread. As she comes across groups of inhabitants, she quickly tries to identify the one with the strongest character, the one who thoughts the other follow as lambs. She takes a few seconds to stare at that one, making he or she feel more inclined to help than they might otherwise do so.

Chi uses her charm hex to encourage people to help and contain and put out the fire. Once per small group of towns people


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Ambroze rushes over to Tun'ada and the unconscious Gelik. "Willow! Hurry! Master Gelik's dying and I'm all out of healing magic!" the gnome scholar shouts to get the druid's attention.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Groggily, Tun'ada gets to his feet, and attempts to stabilize Gelik's wound. "Hopefully Willow will be able to do something more for him."

Heal (First Aid):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 vs. DC 15


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th
Tun'ada wrote:

Groggily, Tun'ada gets to his feet, and attempts to stabilize Gelik's wound. "Hopefully Willow will be able to do something more for him."

Heal (First Aid):1d20 + 6 vs. DC 15

Willow decides against the idea of vengence and instead heads over to Gelik and force feeds him 8 berries. If this fails to rouse him she'll pull out her wand of cure light wounds and expend a charge.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

no idea how much movement, but if we're all dropping out of combat it shouldn't be an issue.


Tun'ada quickly stabilised Gelik with first aid, and with the aid of eight force-fed Goodberries, Gelik regained conciousness. He still looked weak as he rose with grateful eyes, healing himself with his bardic magic four times. His wounds grew less dire each time until he looked reasonably healthy once more.

Did you get him? he asked, still a little shaken as he rubbed the spot on his throat where Umagro slit it.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Chi managed to enlist the aid of several small gangs of concerned citizens. The fire is now hardly under control but it seems for the moment that people are keeping it at bay, with more arriving every minute.


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th
Gelik aka DM AK wrote:

Tun'ada quickly stabilised Gelik with first aid, and with the aid of eight force-fed Goodberries, Gelik regained conciousness. He still looked weak as he rose with grateful eyes, healing himself with his bardic magic four times. His wounds grew less dire each time until he looked reasonably healthy once more.

Did you get him? he asked, still a little shaken as he rubbed the spot on his throat where Umagro slit it.

1d20+1

1d20+1

1d20+1

1d20+1

1d20+1

Chi managed to enlist the aid of several small gangs of concerned citizens. The fire is now hardly under control but it seems for the moment that people are keeping it at bay, with more arriving every minute.

"He ran once he found he couldn't win. I was about to give chase, but I decided to help you instead now tell me, why did he want to hold you captive? Do you have something you wish to tell us?" she says as she looks him dead in the eye.

sense motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Lol, wow that's oblivious...


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi directs the efforts to put out the fire, extoling the virtues of those involved and encouraging others that join to help. Yet she seems to have limited success, so runs round to join the others.

Ambroze, come quick if you've done everything here. We need to organise the crowd to be more effective against the fire, unless anyone can summon another water creature to help. If not, then Amboze come now!

She goes back, gesturing Ambroze to follow and directs the points at which the most effective places to contain and put out the fire, including those with shovels, using them to create a fire barrier.

Diplomacy 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Int check to put out the fire efficiently 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Assured that Gelik will be okay, Ambroze scrambles to help Chi organize a bucket brigade and to direct new people to help fight the fire as they arrive.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Sword still in hand Marcus seems more intent on watching out for any further assault or return by the native leader than trying to save someone else's wharehouse and buildings but Ambroze and Chi's actions seem to guilt him into it and he soon grabs a bucket and place in the line.

He catches Chi's eye. Good work Chi, I was doing a good impression of a pin cushion there.

DM:

Don't yet have the 3 ranks in acrobatics, next level.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Despite the heat and sweat Chi manages a wink at Marcus, "There can be no finer pin cushion in all of Golarion, ha ha ha!" as she laughs at Marcus' comment. But continues to try and bring the fire under control.


Willow Whisperwood wrote:

"He ran once he found he couldn't win. I was about to give chase, but I decided to help you instead now tell me, why did he want to hold you captive? Do you have something you wish to tell us?" she says as she looks him dead in the eye.

sense motive 1d20+5

Lol, wow that's oblivious...

Gelik looked rather offended at the insinuation.

If your asking whether I know why a rabid lunatic kidnapped me and cut my throat open, no, I have no damn idea woman.

The fire-fighting effort continued for about an hour and eventually, the fire burnt itself out; the volunteers and your group managing to keep it from spreading. The South Arcadian Whaling Company however, has now been reduced to little more than a stone wall.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Marcus sighs as he wipes a finger against his once fine coat and it comes away black.

I swear I'm going to need an enchanted one.

Lets get back to the Pathfinder's wharehouse and make sure we've run out of mischief for the day. Hopefully Jask has things in hand.

He looks at Tun'ada apparently uncertain as to the tribesman's feelings in fighting his own people.

Our wharehouse is safe and we have Gelik back. Are you happy with that Tun'ada or should we be looking to settle accounts with this Umagro?


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

An exhausted Chi, breathes heavily, bent over gasping in huge gulps of now clean air. The top of her head is all you see, a disheveled mop of black sooty hair, with just an occasional peek of her natural blonde hair highlighted in the sun. As her head moves up, its almost as if a panda is looking at you, blackened except for two white rings around her eyes, where she has rubbed the soot away. "It's over! Let's go back I need some water and food, then a nice long comfortable sleep. Gelik, you alright... what happened? how did that bunch of n'er do wells capture you like that? Tell us over a nice hot meal." she slumps on the floor, sitting down, leaning back looking around. "Devastating!"


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2
Marcus Alanto wrote:
Our wharehouse is safe and we have Gelik back. Are you happy with that Tun'ada or should we be looking to settle accounts with this Umagro?

The tribesman's only response to the question is a snarl and a simple comment. "Umagro and I will meet again to finish our business."


Female Half-elf Druid (Jungle Druid)/4th
Gelik aka DM AK wrote:
Willow Whisperwood wrote:

"He ran once he found he couldn't win. I was about to give chase, but I decided to help you instead now tell me, why did he want to hold you captive? Do you have something you wish to tell us?" she says as she looks him dead in the eye.

sense motive 1d20+5

Lol, wow that's oblivious...

Gelik looked rather offended at the insinuation.

If your asking whether I know why a rabid lunatic kidnapped me and cut my throat open, no, I have no damn idea woman.

The fire-fighting effort continued for about an hour and eventually, the fire burnt itself out; the volunteers and your group managing to keep it from spreading. The South Arcadian Whaling Company however, has now been reduced to little more than a stone wall.

"Fine...he seems convinced of your guilt so I suggest you be more careful." she says quite bluntly to him, clearly having no skills with how to talk to someone who has just had a traumatic experience.


Male Human Fighter 5 50/50 hp 4hp nonlethal

Marcus replies to Tunáda, Fair enough. Next time we'll fight the bastard together. I mean we've all talked about slitting Gelik's throat from time to time but what right does he have to go and do it.

The mercenary chuckles apparently appreciating his own wit. You know next time maybe we should have Ambroze do the talking and Willow can set stuff on fire.

Back to Jask I guess.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Chi pretty much finished here, back to base so to speak...so to Jask.


Your Humble Narrator

Sure guys, its been a bit manic for me over here. I should have time to get an update in today.


Gelik glowered and sulked a little at Marcus' comment and looked incredulously at the socially deficient Druid, but as usual he rarely stayed morose for long and soon perked up. You returned to your warehouse to find Jask had things well in hand.

Over a hot meal Gelik explained that he had been arranging for an order of several dozen crates of salted meat for the expedition when he had been captured by the Freemen. He had been blindfolded until he was on the roof with a kukri to his throat and truthfully, hadn't really understood what was happening.

451 to 500 of 1,199 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Alexander Kilcoynes Serpents Skull PbP- Chapter 2, Racing to Ruin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.