Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Alexander Kilcoynes Serpents Skull PbP- Chapter 2, Racing to Ruin (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"I might toss her back into the sea for good measure"

Nkechi "The Tempest", speaking about Willow Whisperwood.


1 to 50 of 1,460 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Taldor

Male

Welcome all chosen, please feel free to discuss your builds, character choices, etc. and anything else you like. If you have any questions about the game or my rules, this is the place. This is also a lurker friendly thread :)


Your Humble Narrator

Character build guidelines-

20 point buy.

Average gold for your class.

Two traits, one of which must be campaign. Rich Parents is banned, and Heirloom Weapon has an addendum- you can take it, but only for weapons which you are already proficient with by virtue of your class or feat.

Andoran

Male Rat Editor 3/Grammarian 3

Dotting. I'll be statting up later tonight.

Edit: And thanks for choosing me, by the way, Alex. I spent most of today reading your Kingmaker thread, and i can tell I'm in for a good time.


Male Human Invulnerable Barbarian 2

Most of my building is up in my profile, haven't done equipment yet. Nice to meet you all.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Alex,

Thanks for picking me. I have a rules question for you concerning the Aspect of the Beast feat (which will be Tun'ada's Combat Style feat at 2nd level.)

For the feat, the Claws of the Beast option states: "You grow a pair of claws. These claws are primary attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage (1d3 if you are small).

The question is, with the claws being listed as a primary attack, would I be able to attack with both claws, without the two-weapon fighting feat, on a full attack action?

I only ask because it will matter for my character build. Thanks.

Talomyr

Andoran

Male Rat Editor 3/Grammarian 3

Nice to meet you too, Stormchaser.

I need to look at some of these other archetypes, but at first blush a Bard, a Druid, a Witch, and a Life Oracle - we seem rather caster/healing heavy.

Of course, that's pre-APG thinking, so we'll probably be fine. I doubt I'll be doing much direct damage, though.


Male Human Invulnerable Barbarian 2

Well I fully intend to as you might imagine. ;) Just keep me a CLW spare.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Good to meet you, James.

That's good because it looks like it you and me on the front lines. I'll be able to do a fair bit of damage, but certainly not a huge amount of damage.


Male Human Invulnerable Barbarian 2

Well my goal is to take a ton and dish out more, if we watch each others backs we should come through well, covering the party may be more difficult.

Andoran

Male Rat Editor 3/Grammarian 3

Spoken like a true barbarian, my good man! I am excited to stat up.


Male Human Real Adult (When did that happen? Archetype) 15

I was accepted! :3

I'll be creating Flute later tonight. I was thinking of playing him as a support character to the damage dealers.

I look forward to playing with everyone here in my first PbP experience on these boards.


Your Humble Narrator
Tun'ada wrote:

Alex,

Thanks for picking me. I have a rules question for you concerning the Aspect of the Beast feat (which will be Tun'ada's Combat Style feat at 2nd level.)

For the feat, the Claws of the Beast option states: "You grow a pair of claws. These claws are primary attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage (1d3 if you are small).

The question is, with the claws being listed as a primary attack, would I be able to attack with both claws, without the two-weapon fighting feat, on a full attack action?

I only ask because it will matter for my character build. Thanks.

Talomyr

I don't know the official answer without some research, but two full bab attacks that deal 1d4 base won't be breaking the game anytime soon- you can get a full attack using both yeah. It says 'attacks' which does imply you can attack with both.


Your Humble Narrator

If you haven't already got me on MSN, I highly recommend it for quick queries etc. during the game, it tends to speed up the PbP a little I have found.

Alexkilcoyne@hotmail.com

Taldor

Male

Dot didn't take yet :S


Your Humble Narrator
James Carmichael wrote:
Most of my building is up in my profile, haven't done equipment yet. Nice to meet you all.

Think you haven't changed your stats to 20 point buy yet, still deciding?

Shadow Lodge

Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Dot didn't take yet :S

I think that's a function of how messed up the site has been today. I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't been able to modify a profile this evening, just keeps kicking me back to the boards.


Human Expert 4 / Doctoral Student 5

*lurking dot*


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

I'll hopefully be getting the APG on Tues, when I DM a little bit of Legacy of Fire. So I won't be doing much to build her til then. Least that's the plan.

I'm really excited about joining this expedition and am looking forward to some real fun. Great to meet you all.

Andoran

Male Rat Editor 3/Grammarian 3

I'm thenovembertree@hotmail.com for msnmessenger purposes. Sorry for the non-intuitive alias.


Male Dwarf Druid 1

I have been unable to edit my profile as well :/


Your Humble Narrator

The forums have just been a nightmare this past week.

Chi, very little has changed from the APG playtest, build Chi according to the playtest and i'll point out anything thats no longer valid.

The big change is that the familiar no longer grants bonus spells, they are dependent on the 'theme' of your mysterious patron. What were you thinking patron wise anyway? Can help you make your witch, got my APG here.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Howdy Everybody! I'm really looking forward to participating in this PbP with all of you. Alex, thanks for picking me!

I picture Ambroze as the archaeologist/scholar of the group, primarily focusing on Knowledge skills and supporting the rest of the party. He may multiclass into rogue for a couple of levels later on.

I should have Ambroze ready for review within the next day or so.

Thanks again!


Female Human Oracle 4

Right, so I can create an alias, but cannot update a profile. So, this is what Gwen looks like. Unless I change my mind about that.

Statting will have to wait until...Monday? Gods!

I wonder if Gary or Ross is on call during weekends...


Your Humble Narrator

I have created tokens on maptools for you all, so please let me know if you are changing avatar so I can make you a new token.

I don't run the game on a maptools server, but for complex combats (with 6 players, most will fall into this category...) I use maptools on my end to track areas of effect, AOO's, movement etc. I post a screenshot usually 3/4 times per round so you will usually have an accurate idea of whats happening. For an example, see my kingmaker game, or click the link to see the most recent combat in that campaign.

Example Link

Sometimes the maps will come from other sources and the AP, sometimes I will spend ages mapping them myself.

As soon as your characters are ready for DM inspection, please holler so I can check over a finished version.


Male Human Invulnerable Barbarian 2
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
James Carmichael wrote:
Most of my building is up in my profile, haven't done equipment yet. Nice to meet you all.
Think you haven't changed your stats to 20 point buy yet, still deciding?

That's just a result of being unable to edit my profile, I'm going with what we discussed, 15, 10, 20, 8, 12, 7.

Hey again, to everyone who's appeared since last night!


Your Humble Narrator

Fair enough.

I'd encourage someone happy to do so volunteer to track party loot etc.

A note on rations, arrows, ammunition, etc.
For the second chapter onwards, i will hand waive ammunition, rations etc.
For this first chapter, I want them tracked down the last arrow please. The reasons for this will become clear when the game starts.

Finally, if your background trait does not specify where you boarded- can you please specify it to me. In fact, posting where you boarded will be useful, so do it either way :)


Male Human Invulnerable Barbarian 2

Well James boarded in Senghor, the most recent port. Hmm... I might change that actually if I'm still allowed? Barbarians get like no money, and it's totally feasible that he travelled by land to Cheliax and then caught the boat. I want survival gear. :3

Taldor

Male
James Carmichael wrote:
Well James boarded in Senghor, the most recent port. Hmm... I might change that actually if I'm still allowed? Barbarians get like no money, and it's totally feasible that he travelled by land to Cheliax and then caught the boat. I want survival gear. :3

Gear availability isn't really a factor of where you got on board, but sure.


Male Human Invulnerable Barbarian 2
Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
James Carmichael wrote:
Well James boarded in Senghor, the most recent port. Hmm... I might change that actually if I'm still allowed? Barbarians get like no money, and it's totally feasible that he travelled by land to Cheliax and then caught the boat. I want survival gear. :3
Gear availability isn't really a factor of where you got on board, but sure.

You misunderstand me, the "boarded in cheliax" trait gives you 200gp extra in adventuring gear, and a map. Instead of my current bonus language and +1 to knowledge nature.

Taldor

Male

Haven't looked at those traits for a while. I'm ok with you coming from Cheliax if you wish, you could have travelled there.

Later today I am going to start the PbP thread. It will be a 'prequel' of sorts, for you guys who finish early to get some role-play in, meet the cast, etc.

I will also be introducing the NPC's in detail, using an alias for each of them.

Nothing plot-related will happen until Tuesday or until everyone is ready, so no dice rolls until then either :)


Your Humble Narrator

Aaaaaand we're live. No pressure to post yet, but feel free to do so if you want. Dot it up regardless.

Link- CLICK ME


Male Dwarf Druid 1

Man oh man the boards here are not being very nice to me today.

I'm trying to get my sheet done today (All I have to do is equipment, weight, and format.


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

It's not just you, Flute.

Alexander - I believe Tun'ada is ready for DM review...I think.


Your Humble Narrator
Tun'ada wrote:

It's not just you, Flute.

Alexander - I believe Tun'ada is ready for DM review...I think.

Looks good, remember the damage on two handed weapons is +4 but other than that its all correct. WHich port speifically did Tu'Nada board in btw?


Male Mwangi (Caldaru) Human Ranger 3 (Shapeshifter) / Barbarian 2

Boarded in Bloodcove. Home is not far outside of Senghor.

Note: a few cosmetic changes have been made to his appearance.

Taldor

Male
Tun'ada wrote:

Boarded in Bloodcove. Home is not far outside of Senghor.

Note: a few cosmetic changes have been made to his appearance.

New maptools token coming up.


Your Humble Narrator
Flute wrote:

Man oh man the boards here are not being very nice to me today.

I'm trying to get my sheet done today (All I have to do is equipment, weight, and format.

Looking good so far. Remember to add a spells section etc.

You are taking a Domain rather than an animal companion yes? ALso, since you boarded at Magnimar Gelik seems to spare you the brunt of his insults, having struck up a conversation with you while you wated hours for the boat- which was extremely late.


Male Gnome Bard (Archivist) 5

Finally able to get on the boards today! Ambroze's profile is up.

Alex, for 'flavor' I had Ambroze bring a small chest full of reference books with him on the journey. I was thinking that this might be a way to explain how his knowledge base and languages known increase as he advances in level (assuming that he survives long enough to level up!).

Taldor

Male
Ambroze wrote:

Finally able to get on the boards today! Ambroze's profile is up.

Alex, for 'flavor' I had Ambroze bring a small chest full of reference books with him on the journey. I was thinking that this might be a way to explain how his knowledge base and languages known increase as he advances in level (assuming that he survives long enough to level up!).

Thats fine.

Remember your size bonus to attack rolls, short sword should be +3 etc, although I think you have it lised as conditional modifier. Charsheet looks great.

*Stamps passport/charsheet*

Welcome aboard the Jenivere.


Male Dwarf Druid 1

I believe flute is ready for DM review.

I'm pretty upset that I'm already at medium load after just my armor and shield.. oh well!

Taldor

Male
Flute wrote:

I believe flute is ready for DM review.

I'm pretty upset that I'm already at medium load after just my armor and shield.. oh well!

Buying a masterwork backpack will treat your strength score as 12 for encumbrance- but being a Dwarf with fairly low dex, its only actually hurting your ACP.

Can only see that you've spent 6 skill points, please confirm.

A prepared spells area, along with DC's for spell levels would be great.

Everything else is fine. *Stamps Charsheet*

Taldor

Male

FYI Flute- Stonesinger: Some dwarves’ affinity with the earth
grants them greater powers. Dwarves with this racial trait
are treated as 1 level higher when casting spells with the
earth descriptor or using granted powers of the Earth
domain, the bloodline powers of the earth elemental
bloodline, and revelations of the oracle’s stone mystery.
This ability does not give the dwarf early access to levelbased
powers; it only affects powers the dwarf could
use without this ability. This racial trait replaces the
stonecunning racial trait.

^^ Seems to fit Flute very well, especially if yoir taking the earth domain.

Also, remember to list your Dwarves traits, like +2 vs spells etc.


Female Human Oracle 4

Pending Approval, Gwen is ready to roll. It was a very odd character generation process, so if you have any questions or see any mistakes, let me know. :)


Your Humble Narrator
Gwenyth wrote:
Pending Approval, Gwen is ready to roll. It was a very odd character generation process, so if you have any questions or see any mistakes, let me know. :)

Ref is +1 due to +1 Dex.

All else is correct. A spells section would be nice, same as Flute.

*Stamps*

Just Chi now.

Edit: Gwyneth your favoured class bonus has gone into HP, OR you have forgotten the human bonus skill point. If FC is skill point still, you should have 6 skill points.


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Just thinking of character development for Chi, it would be withing my concept to multiclass witch/rogue. With that in mind I was thinking Deception a would fit in with the idea for the witch doctor type idea.


Male Dwarf Druid 1

I unfortunately cannot afford a masterwork backpack :/

I forgot to include DCs and stonesinger (and other dwarven traits)

My mistake. I'll get that up today.. board gods permitting.


Female Human Oracle 4
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Gwenyth wrote:
Pending Approval, Gwen is ready to roll. It was a very odd character generation process, so if you have any questions or see any mistakes, let me know. :)

Ref is +1 due to +1 Dex.

All else is correct. A spells section would be nice, same as Flute.

*Stamps*

Just Chi now.

Edit: Gwyneth your favoured class bonus has gone into HP, OR you have forgotten the human bonus skill point. If FC is skill point still, you should have 6 skill points.

Yeah, spells known... that'd be a nice thing to provide for a caster, lol. It was late, sorry. I'll take a look at the favored class thing, too.

Edit: Fixed up. I just forgot about my +1 Human Skill point, was all that happened there.


Male Human Invulnerable Barbarian 2

Awesome, that's everyone sorted isn't it? Let's do this...


Female Elf Witch 3 (favoured) / Rogue 2 HPs 19/27

Hoping you will allow the Forlorn trait, which seems to fit Chi's having been a slave for the majority of her life in Cheliax.

I don't really think that Chi fits into being either a Pathfinder or a faction just yet, although she might find being a Pathfinder something she would do, at the moment I see her as making her escape from the Cheliax authorities. Otherwise, she would have maybe got as far as the Shakles, got involved with the Pathfinders there, and boarded the ship there. She will go with the story you think will fit best with what you want, as I don't think it really effects her backstory/personality.

Her details are still coming on, but getting there. No equipment yet, save a bow. Still to settle on a fammiliar. Are these familiars available:
the house centipede, king crab, greensting scorpion, fox (dog with the young template), octopus (octopus with the young template), and scarlet spider.

Oh...and its been a nightmare with Paizo site today, well at least for me. Hope you all have better luck.


Male Human Invulnerable Barbarian 2

Oh, sorry for jumping the gun Chi, I thought you'd finished your sheet.

1 to 50 of 1,460 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / DM AK's Serpents Skull Discussion Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.