Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Sargavan Saga

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"What is this place? Puzzles in Azlant, more magic than you see in a year in Absalom. Wheels literally within wheels. Bound demons and wax golems? The expense must have been enormous. But why? To what end?"

Jakob

Kingdom Rules | SRD Reference | Pyramid, Level 1 | Pyramid, Level 2 |


401 to 450 of 4,108 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Kieran Markavien wrote:


"Which reminds me... Where are my manners? Care for a cup, hmm? Any of you? I believe there is plenty of it to go around," he offers as he takes a sip, savoring it with a look of appreciation and contentment.

"Please. Few things are more plesent that a cup of wine with good friends. To our strange and merry band!"


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

Oh yes, this is fun. Hypothetical ethics to help flesh out the personalities. N'belocq snapped, but that was due the Mwangi teammates going on above being slaves and chattel. That would upset me too, but he is not quitting. Just clearing his head before the next trial.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude refuses the wine, his mind moving on to the upcoming task already. Drinking a little water he moves to shake the last of the flayleaf's heady tendrils from his mind.

Moving to an empty part of the tent he goes through the motions of stretching out his body from base to crown. Cracks and pops are heard from some of the more abused joints as he limbers up. After he has finished, he feels the weight of his amulet against his chest.

Absentmindedly he grasps it in his left hand mind fading to memory as he stares into the distance.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Also fine here. Jakob is a bit annoyed at folks taking a short term view, looking at you Picklebeard. :7) But alles ist weg. I am really looking forward to seeing how the Sparticus gambit plays out. If nothing else It sparked a good discussion. On with the trials!


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Err... Just so we are all in the same page here, what did we decide, i.e. are we going through with trying to ally ourselves with others or not? Or we did not come to a decision just yet?


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Kieran Markavien wrote:
Err... Just so we are all in the same page here, what did we decide, i.e. are we going through with trying to ally ourselves with others or not? Or we did not come to a decision just yet?

As far as I can tell some of us are going along with the idea others are against it and some are on the fence.

Jakobs political calculus

Aye
Jakob
Tabati

Lean aye
Kieran

Ney
Qhude
Picklebeard

Lean ney
N'bellocq

Fence
Anasha

Note this is just as Jakob sees things right now. He could be quite incorrect.
Can you tell I've been following the debt ceiling drama? I am thinking in politics. Oy vey. :7)


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)
Tebati wrote:
She follows N'bellocq to the tent entrance. "Cousin, you are a free man now. We do not have to stay in this place with these people; we can find our own way back to Nantambu, given time."

N'belocq does not turn to look at her as she comes up behind him. "I wonder what life awaits me there. I am almost as much a stranger to your home as the colonials. I have no home..."

He finally turns to look at her, but has a strange sad look in his eyes. "This contest is a chance to carve my own fate. I have yet to compete, so there is still pressure to perform. A lot still hinges on me, but I put no faith in any other team. There is greed here...you can smell it...I feel it myself. It is what kept the boats going up and down the river despite the hippos and crocodiles. Losses are acceptable if the profit is good. How many times did I hear that from the mean bastard. The greed will win out. Of that there is no doubt, the greed will win out with the other teams before they think about helping us."


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati's eyes gaze across the crowded grounds as though she can see beyond them and out to the sea. "You are right, cousin, to place faith only in yourself. I go farther: I put no faith even in our own 'teammates.' They are strangers, not yet tested and tried to know their mettle when the storm comes. In the Trial of Marksmanship, you rely only on your own talents; but in the Trial of Athleticism...." She shrugs doubtfully, with a glance back at Kieran drinking wine in the tent. "I hope he proves less a useless fop than he appears at present."

"As for Jakob's plan, I place little trust in the words of the other teams. But as I said, I will see no one else die for the enjoyment of the crowds, as though we were animals in the arena set to fight. Whether our 'team' triumphs or not, my hope is that your personal showing and mine will win us acknowledgement and a chance to forge our way without having to bow and scrape to the colonials. And perhaps a way back to Nantambu...."

She smiles a bit sheepishly at N'bellocq. "You may think me naive, as does Qhude, but I cannot imagine anyone feeling unwelcome in Nantambu. The longer I am away, the more I ache to see it again. But Marisama sent me out to discover more about Shimye-Magalla than I could learn in the safety of the city. I discovered she is crueler and wilder and more uncaring than ever I could have known in Nantambu. Shimye-Magalla has no home but wanders the sea and sky endlessly without regret. Perhaps I will not be fit to return to Nantambu until I have learned not to desire it."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude will not seek out any alliance. If told to defeat one team first, leaving another until later - he has no issues.
However Qhude will not 'concede' or allow another to take the win - it must be fought out or have the other team cede to us.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Inside the tent, the half-elf enjoys the last few sips of wine left in his cup. "Well, it would appear that I am to compete in one of the two Trials that come next, yes? And what is more, I am going to be teamed up with one of our more dour friends," he says, his eyes briefly turning towards the tent's entrance, outside of which Tebati and N'bellocq are.

With a shrug, he lifts his cup in the air. "How about a little toast then? Now, what would be appropriate...," Kieran mutters, seemingly thinking for a moment before continuing. "Ah, yes! Here is to not making a complete fool of myself! Oh, and doing well and winning and all that, of course..." With that, he downs the last drops of his drink and sets the cup down on the table before moving towards the exit and peeking outside.

"I am not interrupting anything, I hope," he says in the way of apology. "I think it will not be long now before we are called to compete. N'bellocq, you ready, friend?"


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati's eyes grow wary and distant again as the half-elf intrudes. "Watch yourself, cousin," she murmurs in N'bellocq's ear. "The Trial of Marksmanship is your chance to shine, but you must get to it first. A wild scrum is the perfect chance for someone to place a knife in another's ribs." She raises her voice to include Kieran in what she says, her expression neutral. "Ware the mercenaries and the bounty hunters. Thus far, they are the only teams to have proven themselves underhanded." She takes out a piece of smooth driftwood and touches N'bellocq on the head and on the chest. "Shimye-Magalla turn smiling eyes to you and give you smooth sailing to a fair harbor," she blesses him.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

"Hmm," Kieran ponders for a moment, "then perhaps other than the adventurers Jakob already contacted -and we do not know if even they will honor their word- none seem good enough candidates for a nice friendly chat involving cooperation and the like. At least, none seem like they will not stab us in the back given the chance, especially if we decide to risk trusting them."

"Well, except maybe for your countrymen's team, but I believe I should leave talks of an alliance to either you two or Qhude, and our fierce fighter seems to have already decided against any such thing," he adds with a wink before getting back in the tent to wait for the guard to get them to the area of the competition.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Snapping out of his reflection, Qhude returns Kieran's nod with a toothy grin that seems more focused on intent then mirth.

"Come Kieran and N'bellocq - let us simply win our trials. Leave the politicking to the others."


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

"Have no fear on that account. We will compete, on our terms. My trust will only be in my partner for this competition. Unsure what they will provide us, but they give us two members, we must be sure to stick together and cooperate to overcome any obstacles. Right partner?"
N'bellocq holds out his hand to Kieran. It is an uncomfortable position for N'bellocq to be in, but the determination on his face shows that he is going to make to best of efforts.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

"Fair enough," the half-elf nods in agreement as he takes the Mwangi man's offered hand. "As Tebati just said, some have proven themselves treacherous, so it is a good thing that in this chase we compete in pairs. It should make it a little easier to guard against foul play."

"You watch my back, I watch yours sort of thing, yes?"Kieran finishes before turning to the elven mage. "Hey Ansha, will you be coming to watch the show or will you be staying here, to bask in your fans' admiration?"


"Err.. best o' luck to y'all up next."


Kieran Markavien wrote:
"You watch my back, I watch yours sort of thing, yes?"Kieran finishes before turning to the elven mage. "Hey Ansha, will you be coming to watch the show or will you be staying here, to bask in your fans' admiration?"

Ansha smirks, taking a sip of the wine Kieran had poured her. "I don't know...I mean, on the one hand, I have fans. On the other hand, if they're truly fans, they'd follow me wherever I went, anyway. So...yes, I'm coming to watch the show. Speaking of which, I should make sure they haven't turned their fickle attentions elsewhere yet. And as Picklebeard said, good luck to you both."

With that, she walks over to the tent's entrance, waving at the crowd and blowing a kiss in their general direction and smiling as she does, indeed, bask in the crowds' admiration.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati gives the showboating elf-woman a look that says she would prefer a less ostentatious companion but tells N'bellocq. "I will be there as well, cousin. Know that friendly eyes are upon you."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Calling out to one of the guard "Ho - how long before we are required for the next trial?"

Everyone ready to move on?


I think we are--I am, certainly.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Jakob is relaxing and making sure Kerian's wine does not go to waste. In other words ready to move on.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Ready, yeah. :-)


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

N'bellocq nods that he is ready too.


Your Humble Narrator

Update coming later today :).


Dwarfs (and bearded lizards) were born ready!


Your Humble Narrator

With some discussion and refreshment provided by the guards, the time draws near for the next two trials.

Ahem... Just a post to let you know i haven't forgotten you all. Family are being a pain in the ass like always.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

With some discussion and refreshment provided by the guards, the time draws near for the next two trials.

Ahem... Just a post to let you know i haven't forgotten you all. Family are being a pain in the ass like always.

Thanks for the note. Hang in there. They go away eventually.


I hope everything's alright, AK.


Your Humble Narrator

Early afternoon rolls on and the sun is beating down on Sargava a little more mercifully than before. You are used to the routine by now- your escorted to different locations to either participate or spectate one of the two events. As the consistent leaders in the trials thus far you have an impressively sized entourage following you wherever you go now.

Qhude and anyone watching him are led back to the arena; as you enter the arena grounds you can see model boats being wheeled into the arena via a set of double doors- each boat is four feet long and just under two feet tall.

Knowledge: Local DC11 or Knowledge: History DC15:

The boats have been designed to resemble the various warships sunk in the final naval battle for the fate of Sargava- including figureheads resembling influential nobles of the time, symbols of the House of Thrune and fearsome looking devils.

Those following Kieran and N'bellocq find themselves led north past the arena and track, towards a black tower you are almost certain was not there before lunchtime. The guard you've been mostly addressing throughout the day explains that the Trial of Athleticism will be taking place in an imitation of a crowded and busy market street- as you approach you can make out manned stalls, stone buildings, crowds of people in the single street and tape being used to show spectators and participants where they will be going out of bounds. The street seems to lead to the tower, which at a guess is sixty feet high.

Kieran, N'bellocq:

If you aren't already familiar with them, please familiarise yourself with the Chase rules. Heres a link- Link. Let me know when your comfortable with them and i'll set the scene in another post.

Pausing to allow people to react, ask questions, and for Kieran and N'bellocq to get back to my spoiler. Sorry for the five day hiatus, its quite rare that I am away from PbP for more than a day to my credit. I'll try and give more notice next time.


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

Sounds Good! Read the technical bits. Looks like fun. Ready to go.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Jakob scowls at the people following the group. Bloodsuckers. This job had better be worthwhile.

Jakob will watch Qhude's trial.

Knowledge nobles useful? If so 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16.


Your Humble Narrator

Actually as a Sargavan noble, i'll let it apply in this instance. Go ahead and read the spoiler.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

"Well, this is quite the set-up you have here," Kieran casually comments once he takes in the conditions under which N'bellocq and he will be competing. "Certainly looks like it will be quite the task, but at least it should make for a fun one at that."

The half-elf takes a moment to stretch his muscles and adds, looking at both the guard accompanying them as well as his Mwangi teammate, "Of course, if my showing is anything less than spectacular, I will be blaming it on the wine, just so you know."

Alrighty, read the technical stuff as well. Ready to go. :-)


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

"Having watched Tebati's race and seeing these crowded conditions, I suspect we will be exposed to more treachery, except now it will likely be directed right at us, as the current leaders. That tower looks painful to be pushed from. If it comes to that, hopefully a drunk dwarf will break our fall." N'bellocq has a smiles that says he is indeed looking forward to this challenge.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati tries to find a place from which she can see the whole course of the Trial. She keeps her driftwood in her hand, worrying it with her thumb nervously; she was ironically much calmer facing her own Trial than watching N'bellocq compete.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude strides behind the guard leading him languidly ready for his task. At the sight of the ships he starts the limber up, rolling his shoulders and shaking out his arm muscles. His face remains neutral, merely awaiting his further instruction.


N'bellocq wrote:
"If it comes to that, hopefully a drunk dwarf will break our fall."

"Oh I agree! I don't want you breakin' any nails. Not on MY watch."


Ansha continues to showboat, working the crowd as she moves toward the spectators' seating for the Trial of Athleticism. If she is nervous about the trial, it's certainly not showing. When they arrive, she makes it a point to take a seat near Tebati. "Worried?" she asks, smiling sympathetically.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati meets the elf-woman's eyes impassively. "Only about what the colonials may not have told us about this Trial," she replies, "and the possibility of treachery."


The enchantress turns her gaze back to the field where the Trial of Athleticism will take place, nodding. "An understandable concern. Have a little faith, though. N'bellocq and Kieran will get through it, just as we got through ours."


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati looks away to the field as well, her lips a tight line. 'Faith,' she wonders to herself. Faith in what, elf-woman? In the colonials for whose pleasure we dance like puppets on a string? In the other teams, which may at any point turn violently against us for the pleasure of the puppet-masters? In your dilettante lover or eunuch or whatever he may be and his ability to protect N'bellocq? N'bellocq ... in him I have faith, in his prowess with the bow, in his ability to endure. He has endured so much already, and yet Shimye-Magalla has been known to let a lifeboat draw within sight of shore after many desperate days at sea before tipping its inhabitants to the sharks....


Your Humble Narrator

The Trial of Brawn-

As a member of the currently leading team, Qhude is the first to participate. He is given a greataxe as per his request (although he is offered a choice between the greataxe and a pair of handaxes), and is led out into the arena grounds for the second time in the same day. Seven of the model boats have been laid out in a row, exactly fifteen feet apart. The official explains the rules both for participants benefit and for the spectators; his voice magically enhanced and booming all over the arena..

Each contestant has one minute to destroy as many of the boats as possible; the time starting exactly when I blow my whistle. Ten points are awarded for each destroyed boat, and five for each damaged one. In the unlikely event that one or more participants destroy every boat before their respective time is up, he or she will earn an additional five points for every six seconds they had left on our water clock. Any use of magic or magical items is strictly prohibited. Is our first participant ready? he asks, turning to Qhude who has been set up directly in front of the first boat.

Qhude:

Feel free to narrate your own boat destruction- the boats are hollow inside, made from strong oak and are not particularily thick; their stats are as follows-

Model Boats (AC 3; hardness 5; hp 20):

You have ten rounds.

The Trial of Athleticism

Twelve participants are lined up for the trial in a straight line facing the street and the tower in the distance, in order of their teams current ranking. This means that N'bellocq and Kieran are right next to a pair from the Avistan adventuring party- the moustached Taldan who beat Jakob in the joust is garbed in a chain shirt and a young Elf dressed in studded leather armour. Beyond them are participants from (in order): Mwangi, Mercenary, Bounty Hunters and Swashbucklers. A quick glance down the line is enough to see that all the participants seem to be fairly well suited to a trial of athleticism, and aside from the Taldan man no one else is garbed in metal armour, many wearing padded or leather for basic protection. The official holds aloft a 'Imp' to the crowd, which appears to be a dressed up monkey in red dyed tiny clothes and horns strapped to his head. The monkey has a Sargavan flag strapped tightly into a pouch on his back and screeches loudly as he is held aloft. The flag is only about a foot long and could easily be carried in one hand. The official's voice booms out-

Behold- a devil from Cheliax has dared to steal our national flag! These fine champions he gestures to the twelve assembled men and women. have taken it upon themselves to recover the flag from this fiendish devil and to place it on top of the great Tower of Grallus. The devil has a headstart on our heroes and they will have to navigate the crowded street and rooftops of our fair city to catch the devil and take the flag from him, as well as avoid the other five teams should they claim the flag... The team that plants the flag atop the tower will be victorious, and runners up will be decided based on their distance from the flag at the end of the event. Now without further ado, let the Trial of Athleticism bein, the moment I blow my whistle!

The official releases the monkey which begins to gain a rapid head start as it races down the street before you. As the official pulls the whistle to his lips, twelve men and women tense as they prepare themselves...

Please roll initiative!


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

Initiative -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Gripping the greataxe provided in one hand Qhude holds it up at arms length to gauge the straightness of the haft. He then takes a few practice swings at the air around him to get the balance of the weapon. It isn't well balanced, most of the weight is in the head... no matter, it is not as though my targets are moving. He takes a quick look toward the audience seeing the mainly colonial eyes staring in anticipation.

Setting his stance legs wide and ready and holding the greataxe across his midriff, Qhude brings his amulet to his mouth for a kiss. May you see watch me from the boneyard today He then looks to the guard and offers a slight nod before awaiting the whistle's shrill blast. When the guard signals the commencement of the trial, he lengthens his grip on the axe - bringing it down on the first ship in a massive overhead swing.

Round 1: Power Attack Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 1 = 13 for 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 = 14 Damage bonus should be 4 from Str, which is increased by 50% to 6 for two handed wielding, then the extra 3 from Power attack.

The strike crunches into the ship, creasing the upper deck wickedly and knocking most of the decorations off of it. 9 damage inflicted

Qhude brings the axe around for a second strike, hoping to hit the same spot and sunder the boat in two.

Round 2: Power Attack Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15 for 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 3 = 16

And the axe breaks through the upper deck, wreaking a path of destruction through the hollow center and busting out the base. The two severed halves of the ship hold steady for a moment before falling apart from each other. And 11 damage on the second hit - meaning the first boat is down!


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Braying "Hah!" as the first ship is rent and broken, Qhude feels a momentary rush. Hearing the cheers of the crowd in the background, a memory floods back into his head. A wet smack rings out as the elder son's foot strikes Qhude solidly in the head. He crumples unconscious to the deck, last memory of the cheers and jeers of the watching crowd of Bas'o

Grimacing with the anger and humiliation he felt, Qhude channels the feelings into his next strike - charging at the second boat and executing a wide angled strike at the top deck of the ship.

Round 3: Charging Power Attack Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 12 for 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13

Shearing off the masts and rigging from the top of the vessel. 8 damage

As he continues the spin, Qhude brings the axe up into the base of the ship. I showed that tsotsi the next year.... Axe crunching into the oaken frame.

Round 4: Power Attack Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 = 23 for 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13

The greataxe lodges in the bottom of the second boat, the whole head disappearing into the frame of the boat. 8 damage, for 16 total - bugger

A second memory Qhude's fist drives into the base of the elder son's chin, snapping his head back and making him crumple to the deck as though a rag doll. Whooping with success the memory flashes through all that followed - exile, the slow choking death of his father in Kalabuto and the dead feeling brought on by flayleaf. A mixture of sadness, revulsion and pain flood through his body.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Erupting in a primal scream, Qhude puts one foot to the second boat. Wrenching the greataxe free, his form disappears as fuelled by the nihilistic feelings flowing through him he starts wildly swinging the greataxe.

Rage initiated, and will continue raging for the remaining 6 rounds

Round 5: Raging Power Attack Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 8 for 1d12 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 4 = 18 Boat 2 is gone

The second boat literally explodes in a shower of splinters and chunks of oak flying in all directions. A white mist descends over his vision as his actions are fuelled by instinct alone - the boats replaced by visions of the Mwangi and Colonials that have degraded him in the times past.

Round 6: Charging Raging Power Attack Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 13 for 1d12 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 4 = 13 8 damage on boat 3
Round 7: Raging Power Attack Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 7 for 1d12 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 4 = 16 Assuming that 1 is an auto miss
Round 8: Raging Power Attack Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 7 for 1d12 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 4 = 19 Now that sucks
Round 9: Raging Power Attack Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 13 for 1d12 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 4 = 18 Boat 3 is gone
Round 10: Charging Raging Power Attack Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 26 for 1d12 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 4 = 21 16 damage on Boat 4

Coming down from his rage, weariness suffuses Qhude's limbs and he drops to his knees. Three of the oaken vessels have been rent asunder and the greataxe is lodged deep within the heart of the fourth - though it is not broken. Breathing heavily and raggedly Qhude stays still on his knees, eyes closed.


Your Humble Narrator

The Trial of Athleticism-

Each of the other teams is going to delay to the lower init roll so they can act together and co-ordinate themselves accordingly. You may want to do the same its; up to you.

Avistan Adventuring Party-

Moustached Taldan-1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Elf in Studded Leather-1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Acting on Init 11

Mwangi-

Mwangi Runner- 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Second Mwangi- 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Acting on Init 12

Mercenaries-

Mercenary 1- 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Mercenary 2- 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Acting on Init 4

Bounty Hunters-

Bounty Hunter 1-1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Bounty Hunter 2-1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Acting on Init 1

Swashbucklers-

Swashbuckler 1- 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Swashbuckler 2- 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Acting on Init 13

'Imp' Initiative- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Ordered Initiative-

Kieran- 23
"Imp"- 20
N'bellocq- 15
Swashbucklers- 13
Mwangi- 12
Avistans- 11
Mercenaries- 4
Bounty Hunters- 1

Baseline speed is 30 feet for this chase and so if you move 40 you get +2 on all checks and if you move 20 you get -2 on all checks. I will suggest checks for each obstacle but if you feel another check is appropiate you may roll it instead and i'll simply ask you to try something else if I don't agree.

The 'Imp' has a headstart and begins on chase card 4. Everyone else is on card 1, at the beginning of the market street.

Chase Card 1- Crowded Streets and a Missing Flag-Thief

As the whistle is blown and the race begins, it is clear that the sheer press of people in your way that have been gathered to simulate a busy set of market streets will prove a formidable obstacle to a quick start in the chase. In addition, you lost sight of the "Imp" shortly before the whistle was blown, which is obviously problematic in itself; the monkey is so small it may be difficult to spot in the throngs of people.

Obstacle 1- Press of Market-Goers

Applicable skill checks- Bull Rush, Acrobatics, Escape Artist, Intimidate.

Obstacle 2- Locate the Flag-Thief

Applicable skill checks- Perception, Survival, Diplomacy (gather information), Knowledge (Nature).

You can take a move action to pass through the cards and attempt one obstacle to move forward a card. Normal chase rules apply for attempting to move three cards by succeeding on both checks. If you don't wish to move cards you can move through the card and take another action instead of tackling an obstacle. If you wish to remain stationary you can take a full-round action (to flurry of blows another participant for example).


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati is at least partially distracted from her concern for N'bellocq by the appearance of the Kalabuta from her own Trial. (I assume he's the 'Mwangi Runner.') She looks at his partner to see if the other Mwangi shares his ethnicity. Then, once again, she glances around the audience to see if she can locate any other members of the Mwangi team, or the halfling or cutlass-bearing man from the Trial of Endurance. Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 :P I guess it's better she gets these rolls now in the fluff/flavor text than during a Trial.


Your Humble Narrator

Assumption correct.

Tebati does spot the halfling from the Avistan team sitting fifteen feet or so away but doesn't spot the other Mwangi or the swashbuckler from the third event.

401 to 450 of 4,108 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM AK's Sargavan Saga All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.