Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Sargavan Saga

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"What is this place? Puzzles in Azlant, more magic than you see in a year in Absalom. Wheels literally within wheels. Bound demons and wax golems? The expense must have been enormous. But why? To what end?"

Jakob

Kingdom Rules | SRD Reference | Pyramid, Level 1 | Pyramid, Level 2 |


2,051 to 2,100 of 4,152 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Later that evening, 30th of Sarenith, 4711 AR

After their initial passion is spent, Tebati soberly informs Kieran about Qhude's altercation with the innkeeper. "I would overlook," she says deliberately as her fingers idly comb through his loose hair, "a very great deal to be here with you rather than camping with the wagons, but it sits ill with me that he was turned away on account of the blood he spilled defending their own countrymen."


Your Humble Narrator
Ansha Saeralyan wrote:


Ansha murmurs appreciatively as Eliandra opens the door to her room. Stepping past the girl, she walks to the center of the room and looks around, noting her pleasure with the arrangement with more unintelligible murmurs. She sets her backpack down next to the bed and turns again to look at Eliandra. "Quite the impressive accommodations," she says, palming a gold coin and placing it in the girl's hand. "Yes, this should do quite nicely."

She heads for the door again, determined to return to her besotted merchant "friend" before he loses interest. "Tell me, though. How well does sound carry beyond these walls?"

Eliandra never missed a beat, smiling broadly as she nodded in appreciation and pocketed the generous tip.

The walls have been built to be almost sound-proof madam Ansha. In fact, Bellis Mara hosts the Council meetings of Freehold in one of these very chambers- perhaps for this very reason.

Qhude wrote:

At the camp of Jeggare:

Qhude does not overtly seek to mingle with the wagon staff... but there was something that had been sitting in his mind. He knew that Jeggare was a skilled fighter, but the rest of them seemed powerless when the Bandu fell upon the wagon train. As he sat and ate in the evening, he looked over the wagons and staff - taking better note of what weapons they had and who looked like they could wield them.

I'm assuming the wagons look roughly like this?

Roughly- but longer, wider and taller. Also, horse drawn. They are really big by the standards of most caravans.

Qhude noted very few weapons amongst the caravan staff. A dagger here, a spear there. Few who carried themselves like warriors and fewer with the physique to justify it. They were clearly non-combatants. Qhude surmised that it was likely that Jeggare hired caravan guards for his usual runs.

Jakob Mulle wrote:
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Does N'bellocq have any plans or shall I move ahead to Jakob's triumphant return from the bathtub?

(Cue 'Hail to Chief')

A freshly cleaned Jakob saunters down the stairs to the main level. He is wearing his mithral armor over a faded and rather travel worn blue shirt.

"Hmmm must find some new clothes, and I should talk to the head man and see about getting the full tour. See if this place is as it appears. Could use a second set of eyes. Wonder how the others are settling in?"

Yes I know a whole post to walk down the stairs. But I'm not sure wher we are time wise so the length of the bath can be whatever is needed to sync things up. Also this is the easiest way i can see to set out Jakob's goals for the Freehold interregnum.

The inn was a whirlwind of activity as Jakob came downstairs after his long bath. The large common room was rapidly filling up with more and more townsfolk. He saw no sign of any of the others until across the room, he spied N'bellocq, sat alone and absorbed with his food and Ansha; still sat on the lap of a merchant and his friends. The Lion's Maw was extremely busy and lively, with gossip, chatter and heavy drinking appearing to be the common themes of the room. Eliandra and the other wenches were scurrying to and fro and the brown-haired Chelish girl noticed Jakob descend, favouring him with a smile that reached her large brown eyes.

I figure N'bellocq's near the end of his food by the time Jakob gets downstairs.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4
DM AK wrote:

Eliandra never missed a beat, smiling broadly as she nodded in appreciation and pocketed the generous tip.

The walls have been built to be almost sound-proof madam Ansha. In fact, Bellis Mara hosts the Council meetings of Freehold in one of these very chambers- perhaps for this very reason.

Ansha nods her acknowledgement as she exits the room and makes her way down to the taproom again. With a cursory glance around the room, she heads over to the table she had vacated a few minutes ago. One hand resting on her bent knees, she rests the other on her besotted merchant's shoulder and leans in to whisper, "I'm sorry that took so long. I can make it up to you in my room upstairs, though...."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

At Jeggare's Camp:

Qhude mulls what he sees, then decides to talk it over with Jeggare himself. He looks around for the wagon master, with thoughts of spears and blood on his mind.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Later that evening, 30th of Sarenith, 4711 AR

Kieran sighs as he turns to look at Tebati, one arm around her and holding her close to him. "Qhude is... he is a difficult one. He has shed and spilled blood, yes, but does that mean he can disregard rules and customs because of that? Bellis may be getting paid -and probably quite well- to provide us with a place to stay, but it is still her place and I should think it is well within her rights to have some rules in place and expect guests and customers to follow them."

"Now, do not get me wrong. I am hardly one to follow rules and regulations blindly, especially considering my chosen... ahem... career so far, but I do adapt. Think on this for a moment; what if I or Jakob were to be staying with your people or the Bas'o after helping them fight a common foe or deal with some other problem? Would -or should- our previous 'heroic' actions be enough to excuse us if we simply considered whatever customs they have as irrelevant or trivial as far as were concerned?"


Your Humble Narrator
Ansha Saeralyan wrote:
DM AK wrote:

Eliandra never missed a beat, smiling broadly as she nodded in appreciation and pocketed the generous tip.

The walls have been built to be almost sound-proof madam Ansha. In fact, Bellis Mara hosts the Council meetings of Freehold in one of these very chambers- perhaps for this very reason.

Ansha nods her acknowledgement as she exits the room and makes her way down to the taproom again. With a cursory glance around the room, she heads over to the table she had vacated a few minutes ago. One hand resting on her bent knees, she rests the other on her besotted merchant's shoulder and leans in to whisper, "I'm sorry that took so long. I can make it up to you in my room upstairs, though...."

The merchant nodded eagerly as his equally wine-soaked fellows made lewd comments and grabbed Ansha as she passed. Getting the fairly inebriated merchant up the stairs proved to be a tad difficult, but once he had mastered the first couple of steps, the others seemed to come to him with ease.

As Ansha led the man into her chambers, he eagerly began to undress.

Qhude wrote:

At Jeggare's Camp:

Qhude mulls what he sees, then decides to talk it over with Jeggare himself. He looks around for the wagon master, with thoughts of spears and blood on his mind.

Jeggare himself was easily found- still supervising his staff and the loading of fresh food supplies that had been purchased for the caravan. Seeing Qhude making a beeline for him, he put away the piece of parchment he had been glancing at and gave the Bas'o his attention.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

At Jeggare's Camp:

Qhude engages Jeggare in inquiry about how the wagon usually travels, when not under direct guard of Morvius' soldiers. Asking if he does hire mercenaries to serve as guards? - and looking to re-confirm that the wagon workers (such as Bethany) are akin to a family that travels with him rather than just merely workers for wage.

After confirming on those points Qhude is silent a few beats before asking "Jeggare, it weighs on me that despite the guards of Morvius and my umkhaya we were unable to stop the Bandu from taking one of yours. I have thoughts, if you would hear them?" asking for permission to speak his mind in full.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4
Kieran Markavien wrote:

Kieran sighs as he turns to look at Tebati, one arm around her and holding her close to him. "Qhude is... he is a difficult one. He has shed and spilled blood, yes, but does that mean he can disregard rules and customs because of that? Bellis may be getting paid -and probably quite well- to provide us with a place to stay, but it is still her place and I should think it is well within her rights to have some rules in place and expect guests and customers to follow them."

"Now, do not get me wrong. I am hardly one to follow rules and regulations blindly, especially considering my chosen... ahem... career so far, but I do adapt. Think on this for a moment; what if I or Jakob were to be staying with your people or the Bas'o after helping them fight a common foe or deal with some other problem? Would -or should- our previous 'heroic' actions be enough to excuse us if we simply considered whatever customs they have as irrelevant or trivial as far as were concerned?"

Tebati answers with her own sigh. "He does look a dangerous man. In truth, he is. But he would be no less dangerous wearing your clothes or Jakob's, although the innkeeper would have welcomed him in such a masquerade. It is not brutality to which she objects but the appearance of it. If Qhude were less honest about who and what he is, she would like him better. The innkeeper must do what is right in her eyes," she concedes, "as must Qhude. Perhaps it is best they are not under the same roof. Our time in Eleder was troubled by the tension between Qhude and Jakob, and the Custodian's palace afforded far more space to separate the two than does this inn."

"As for you," she rolls over and props herself up on her elbows so that she can look Kieran in the face, "I have little fear that you would offer offense to my people, although you might allow them to underestimate you. You 'adapt,'" she repeats his words with a knowing smile. "You mean you use the distance between appearance and reality to your advantage. You cultivate the impression of a man much less capable -- and dangerous -- than you really are, and then when someone has misjudged you," she leans in and kisses him slowly, "you have her at your mercy," she concludes lightly.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Upstairs at the Maw:

Ansha rolls her eyes when the inebriated merchant isn't looking and sits down heavily on the bed. Favoring him with a smile that she's desperately trying to avoid making look bemused or predatory, she leans back on her arms. When he finishes undressing, her smile turns coy as she looks him over and pauses for a beat until she's sure she has his attention. She then slowly pulls her boots off of her long legs, making a sensual show of it before moving on to the rest of her clothing, her eyes never leaving his and the coy smile never leaving her lips. Soon enough, the lithe elven woman is naked as well. "Well...?" she asks by way of invitation.

I wonder if he's too drunk to even work properly in bed, she muses to herself. Not that it matters, really....


Your Humble Narrator
Qhude wrote:

At Jeggare's Camp:

Qhude engages Jeggare in inquiry about how the wagon usually travels, when not under direct guard of Morvius' soldiers. Asking if he does hire mercenaries to serve as guards? - and looking to re-confirm that the wagon workers (such as Bethany) are akin to a family that travels with him rather than just merely workers for wage.

After confirming on those points Qhude is silent a few beats before asking "Jeggare, it weighs on me that despite the guards of Morvius and my umkhaya we were unable to stop the Bandu from taking one of yours. I have thoughts, if you would hear them?" asking for permission to speak his mind in full.

Jeggare was happy to talk about his caravan. He made it clear that usually, he ran with far smaller wagons and a smaller crew; the government of Sargava had provided these particular ones and some additional personnel- most of his staff were part of his normal runs anyway.

Jeggare confirmed that he always hired mercenaries or adventurers to protect his caravan, although he sometimes used the Ivory Cross. The half-elf seemed a little uncomfortable at being asked if the workers were akin to family. He scratched his head with distant eyes and shrugged non-committally as he muttered they do right by me and I try and do right by them... Not much more to it than that...

The caravan master nodded his assent for Qhude to speak freely.

Don't see a reason for you to stop doing it now, Mr. Qhude.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ansha Saeralyan wrote:

Upstairs at the Maw:

Ansha rolls her eyes when the inebriated merchant isn't looking and sits down heavily on the bed. Favoring him with a smile that she's desperately trying to avoid making look bemused or predatory, she leans back on her arms. When he finishes undressing, her smile turns coy as she looks him over and pauses for a beat until she's sure she has his attention. She then slowly pulls her boots off of her long legs, making a sensual show of it before moving on to the rest of her clothing, her eyes never leaving his and the coy smile never leaving her lips. Soon enough, the lithe elven woman is naked as well. "Well...?" she asks by way of invitation.

I wonder if he's too drunk to even work properly in bed, she muses to herself. Not that it matters, really....

*Curtains fall on the scene.*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jakob, are you still with us? I think we're mostly just waiting on whatever you're going to get up to at present :).


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

At the Camp of Jeggare:

Qhude holds fist to chest and gives a small bow at being allowed to speak openly "Your workers need a means to defend themselves... or at least hold raiders at bay until your mercenaries can kill enough to force them to flee." pointing to the long flank of a wagon "Along the side of the wood, you could keep some long-spears. They need little skill to brace in defence and would give pause to those that come." mulling a thought a moment before adding "I met a strange little one in the town that might help. He is small and used to making up for a lack of strength in his arm... perhaps he could suggest something more?"


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Sorry distracted by the elf maiden throwing herself under Falstaff.

Jakob slips into a seat near N'bellocq. His hair is still slightly damp and the scent of lemon grass clings about him.

"You have done justice to this table friend! Jakob signals for some more wine and a plate of something brightly colored and full of peppers.
"So I see Ansha at her bloody sport. Her and Qhude, can't stop either of them and worth your life to try."
"Thank you, most kind."
Jakob accepts the wine and food.

"I assume Kerian and Tebati will be incommunicado till the dawn chorus. This ruin I see before me attests to your occupation but where is friend Qhude? Has something happened?"

Apart from chatting with N'bellocq until the tryptophan kicks in I have no plans.


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

N'bellocq pats his stomach, "Welcome. Yes, join me. Life is good here, they bring you anything you ask for." He looks around surprised and notes the lack of the others. "Tebati and Kierian were just here...well, there were deep stares and whispers. But as for Qhude, he says they told him he was not welcome. Not sur what he meant as they have been very nice here. But he intends to sleep with the caravan. He will return in the morning, we plan a hunt."


Your Humble Narrator
Qhude wrote:

At the Camp of Jeggare:

Qhude holds fist to chest and gives a small bow at being allowed to speak openly "Your workers need a means to defend themselves... or at least hold raiders at bay until your mercenaries can kill enough to force them to flee." pointing to the long flank of a wagon "Along the side of the wood, you could keep some long-spears. They need little skill to brace in defence and would give pause to those that come." mulling a thought a moment before adding "I met a strange little one in the town that might help. He is small and used to making up for a lack of strength in his arm... perhaps he could suggest something more?"

Jeggare seemed to be expecting the question and his face showed little surprise at Qhude's proposal.

I suppose such a measure could be beneficial, although putting weapons in the hands of my crew does perhaps, make them targets, more so than when they are inside the wagons. Are you volunteering to train any willing members of my staff in their use, Qhude? If this is the case, by all means you have my blessing.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

At the Camp of Jeggare:

Qhude nods "I will train any who are willing... and perhaps the choice of taking arms could be made by your staff?" giving Jeggare a warrior's handshake before moving off with "At any rate, tomorrow I hunt. These days walking with your wagon have left me with an urge to stretch my legs... if there is time I might see the gnome also. Good night Jeggare"


Your Humble Narrator

Morning, 1st of Erastus, 4711 AR

Day 2 in Freehold-

The night air was warm and pleasant for each of you- Sargava was not a cold place even in the later months and right in the middle of summer as it currently was, you found little need for blankets or extra sheets as you slept. The inn beds were extremely comfortable and it was clear to all of you by now that it obviously catered to travellers rather than locals when it came to letting out rooms- the prices were clearly a little higher than even rooms of this standard would suggest.

The weather in Freehold was particularly glorious- completely clear blue skies with a blazing hot sun shining down upon the small town.

Anyone can attempt the following check as it is DC10.

Knowledge (Religion) DC10:

It occurs to you that you will likely be around for Archerfeast- a holiday sacred to Erastil and a day of fun, food and relaxation. The holiday is traditionally held on the 3rd of Erastus- two days from now. On this occasion, villages hold archery and stone-throwing contests, ranchers trade cattle and men ask eligible women to marry them. Cider is served throughout the day and night and a large animal is traditionally slain and eaten by the community together to symbolically share Erastil's blessings to the community.

DM Only:

1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Ansha:

Your plan goes off without a hitch, the merchant's wine-addled mind providing no real resistance to your three magical effects. He sleeps soundly and snores for most of the night- and when he wakes up you have little trouble implying that he took you several times in the night. With an inflated ego and a happy smile, the merchant left muttering something about buying you a gift to thank you for your companionship.

Flextime, 30th Sarenith, Jeggare's Caravan

Jeggare nodded politely to Qhude but called to him as he walked away.

The evening is still young and I had planned to sit by the fire with a flask or two of brandy. Perhaps you would like to join me, Mister Qhude?

Flextime, 30th Sarenith, Lion's Maw

The tavern was getting extremely full now and as Jakob and N'bellocq began to converse, Jakob was tapped on the shoulder by a well dressed gentleman, standing with another man who clearly deferred to him. The gentleman was in his early thirties with an easy smile and dark brown hair- his slightly out of place, Eleder-style hat not quite covering his receding hairline. He was lean and carried himself in a confident way. His companion was dressed in a similar manner but looked less at ease in the crowded room. The first man addressed Jakob in Taldane-

Hate to ask you, but this place is getting pretty full and tables are filling up. Do the two of you have any objection if we join you? We're good company, you have my assurances.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Flextime, 30th Sarenith, Jeggare's Caravan

Qhude pauses in his perhaps hasty retreat from Jeggare's presence. Turning back he speaks plainly, but warmly "I will share your fire a while if there is room for another around it." spending the night in conversation. Qhude is relatively reserved, but will speak on the topics of Bas'o and combat if the discussion tends that way. He would not easily give up any details of Kalabuto or his history there - merely unconsciously touching the pendant around his neck.

For Jeggare and any others he asks after the attacks of the Bandu and what other threats the wagons need face, as well as prod somewhat on the topic of the divide between the Mwangi and Sargavan people. He partakes of the brandy initially, but refuses and further when he feels the effect it has on his mind... the numbness of flayleaf all too clear in his memory and at this point in his life the battle against the leaf seems to be being won.
Just wanted to get a brief map of topics of conversation, etc. If there is something or someone specific that might be of interest during the evening I don't have any problems RPing in more detail.

Morning, 1st of Erastus, 4711 AR

Qhude rises early in the pre-dawn, donning his rope and selecting a couple of javelins from those he has available. Noting that one was taken from the red-lipped man he claimed a scar from. With an eye to hours of running, he leaves his armor and guisarme with his belongings at Jeggare's camp - walking barefoot and be-shorted into Freehold.
Qhude is not wearing his armor, but is bringing 2 x javelins, his cestus and a dagger on the hunt.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

He makes his way to the inn of the old woman, and waits patiently across the road from it crouched and at rest - waiting for either the Sangoma or N'bellocq to emerge.


Your Humble Narrator

Flextime, 30th Sarenith, Jeggare's Caravan

Jeggare and several members of his crew were sat lazily around a warm fire, idly drinking and making conversation and a few of them dozing off in their folded wooden chairs as the night went on, including Jeggare. No particular attempts were made to make Qhude feel welcome but his presence was certainly not problematic for any sat there and they included him in the conversations without thinking twice about it. Qhude's rituals were questioned casually and he found himself explaining them to curious staff.

The roads between Eleder and Kalabuto and therefore also Eleder to Freehold, were always considered dangerous to travel alone, but the caravan master and his staff had rarely faced so direct an attack before; often a mercenary presence was, apparently, enough to dissuade the Bandu, who would look for easier prey. Things had not always been so bad on the road, but it had been an unusually long time since the Sargava military had driven the Bandu back and patrols on the road had become less and less frequent as more and more Sargavan soldiers were assigned to Kalabuto.

Jeggare's staff consisted of a mix between Mwangi and Colonial and there didn't seem to be much tension among them. It slipped out of the mouth of one man who was quite inebriated, that Jeggare paid depending on ability and merit, ignoring race and skin colour entirely. Although the caravan master had nodded off by that point, the respect and affection his crew had for him was apparent. The discussion about racial divide got a little heated when one Zenj man insisted that the Freeman brotherhood represented the best chance of full equality within the nation- that removing slavery was the most basic step to creating a free people and that the Sargavan government should have taken more steps to reduce it by now.

Present-

The small town slowly stirred to life before Qhude's eyes and it maintained the jolly, carefree attitude it had presented the evening before it. Citizens waved happily to one another and chatted as they began their daily chores and jobs. Nearby, a pack of children giggled and pointed at Qhude as though they were daring each other to approach the fierce looking Bas'o. Before any of them had dared to do so, however, Qhude felt a long shadow fall over him.

A powerfully built Mwangi man of Mauxi ethnicity stood over the crouched Bas'o, hand on the hilt of his steel Terbutje and garbed in a solid breastplate, worn under a loose silk garment, with a small metal badge pinned to it with the crossed black and red blades of Sargava emblazoned upon it. He was extremely tall, even for the renowned heights of the Mauxi; standing several inches above six feet. Qhude placed the man in his early thirties and instinctively noted the man's scars, mostly on his hands and arms. Without introduction, the grey, ashen skinned man spoke-

I received a report that there was an argument between you and Council Member Bellis Mara yesterday. Is your presence opposite her establishment anything I, as the Guard Captain in this town, need to be concerned about, traveller? he asked him gravely as he eyed the javelins. His tone was clearly chosen not to come across as threatening, but carried with it an edge that made it clear that the man was deadly serious and prepared to act if necessary.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude remained crouching, casting his eyes upwards to regard the man appraisingly a few moments before his gaze returns to ground level. Qhude's muscles only slightly tense, clearly not dismissive of the imposing one, but similarly not wanting to become overtly defensive. Replying evenly "I am waiting for my kin, nothing more. I am opposite so as not to be within."


Your Humble Narrator

DM Only:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

The Mauxi man nodded slowly.

Good day to you then traveller he said flatly and walked off into the market area.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

As the Mauxi turns his back, Qhude waits a beat before calling out to him "Do you have a name inkosi? or a care to hear mine?... or is it only the names of the ukhansela that interest you?"

inkosi - chief (used in terms of his position as guard captain)
ukhansela - councillor


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Late here; will post in the morning.


Your Humble Narrator

The Mauxi called over his shoulder to Qhude as he walked away, answering Qhude's questions with two short, concise sentences-

My name is Mitabu. Your name is Qhude.

He turned and looked down at Qhude almost sympathetically as he explained how he already knew his name-

Cruthoniax likes to talk. Excitable man, that one.

No problem Joana.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude stands, walking over to the Mauxi and offers Mitabu a forearm clasp with his left hand - given that his right bears his rope. "Indeed, the gnome does like the sound of his tongue... as does the umfazi omdala at the inn." referring to Bellis not by name, but by appearance.

Knowledge (Geography): take 10 for 17 - does it seem strange to Qhude for a Mauxi to be all the way down South in Sargava?


Your Humble Narrator

Mitabu slowly took Qhude's arm and simply nodded.

Indeed he eventually said, his voice lacking commitment to the word.

Its unusual but not totally unheard of. He is likely the only Mauxi in a town of this size, or part of a very small handful. The Mauxi are native to Thuvia with most denying any connection to Mwangi.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Roger the Mauxi info - cheers

Qhude looks Mitabu squarely in the eyes, craning his neck back slightly to do so, as he drops the handshake. "You have nothing to fear of me guardsman. I will not dance unless forced to, despite what you may have been told. Inkosi." giving him a nod of respect by means of farewell before turning to resume his crouched vigil for the Sangoma or N'bellocq.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Morning, 1st Erastus, 4711 AR:

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Ansha arrives downstairs not long after her "guest" departs, and it looks like she didn't bother brushing her hair this morning before coming down--not something she usually does--which gives her the appearance of having had a bit of a wild night. She heads straight for the bar, where she offers the serving girl in attendance a contented smile. "What's on the menu for breakfast?" she asks.

Hm...The third of this month is Archerfeast. Wonder if I'll have any marriage proposals this year. Wait--I hope that merchant doesn't get any wrong ideas. He'd better not wait til the third to give me that gift he was muttering about, either!


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Morning, 1st of Erastus, 4711 AR

As is her custom, Tebati rises an hour before dawn to sit at the window and seek her goddess. By the time the sun has crept over the edge of the horizon, she has received her daily favors. Spells updated for being in town. She opens her eyes and enjoys for a moment the multicolored splashes cast by the dawn's light filtering through the glass chimes from Nantambu she hung in the window.

Done with her prayers, she crosses the room to kiss Kieran good morning. "Qhude and N'bellocq hunt today," she reminds him. "Will you seek to join them or stay within Freehold for the day?"

If F. Castor checks in, feel free to flextime his plans.

Hoping to speak to Qhude and her cousin before they depart, Tebati dresses, leaving off her armor for the first time in two weeks; just as wearing it day after day felt odd and constricting when she first left home, now going without makes her feel uncomfortably vulnerable after so many long and wary days on the road. She leaves Unwe's bundle of terbutjes in the room along with her trident but carries the other sack with her, still in her pack. Going downstairs, she passes directly through the common room, without stopping to inquire after breakfast, and out the front door. She squints into the morning sunlight for a moment before spying Qhude crouched opposite and crosses the road to greet him. "Qhude," she smiles, "I trust you rested well?"


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

Flextime, 30th Sarenith, Lion's Maw

Not understanding the words from the newcomer, N'bellocq looks to Jakob for a clue. They did not seem threatening, but N'bellocq did not like that they chose to exclude him. He slowly chewed his mango, watching them carefully.

Present

N'bellocq comes trotting up. Barefoot and carrying his bow, a quiver slung on his back and a dagger in his belt. He slows as he spots first Qhude and then surprisingly Tebati. "Well met you two. Are you joining us Cousin?"


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Morning, 1st of Erastus, 4711 AR

Kieran returns the kiss with a smile. "I think I will leave the hunting to those two, at least for today, so you will have to give them my regards when you see them," the half-elf replies. "I will see what this town is about today and what it has to offer. It seems to me like it has been a while since I have walked an actual street."

A bit short, but I am at work today and a part of tomorrow as well. I will be a bit more... verbose when I get home. :-)


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Morning, 1st of Erastus, 4711 AR

Kieran Markavien wrote:
Kieran returns the kiss with a smile. "I think I will leave the hunting to those two, at least for today, so you will have to give them my regards when you see them," the half-elf replies. "I will see what this town is about today and what it has to offer. It seems to me like it has been a while since I have walked an actual street."

Tebati's smile is a bit wistful. "It is ... pleasant to be in a place where people move around unarmored and unarmed," she admits. "And yet so near the Bandu. They put great trust in their soldiers."

Present

N'bellocq wrote:
N'bellocq comes trotting up. Barefoot and carrying his bow, a quiver slung on his back and a dagger in his belt. He slows as he spots first Qhude and then surprisingly Tebati. "Well met you two. Are you joining us Cousin?"

"I am a city girl, Cousin," she smiles teasingly, as she embraces him. "Meat comes from the market. Your room was comfortable?"


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Flextime, 30th Sarenith, Lion's Maw

"Hate to ask you, but this place is getting pretty full and tables are filling up. Do the two of you have any objection if we join you? We're good company, you have my assurances."

Jakob answers in Taldane. "Please, pull up a chair. With this kind of business the Lion's Maw will soon need a cub or two." Once the newcomers are seated Jakob contunies. "My name is Jakob Mulle and my companion here is N'bellocq. We are travelers late from Elader. What brings you to the Maw?"

Obligatory sense motive check to get a hunch about these folks, using skill bonus. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 woah...

Morning, 1st of Erastus, 4711 AR
KN. Religion 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20. Ok now the RNG is just laughing at me.

Jakob sleeps late today. The novelty of a bed proves seductive. Dispensing with armor today Jakob dresses casually. Grabbing a cup of sweet bush tea as a breakfast he heads to the market to see if he can find some decent clothes before heading to the main house for a courtesy visit. As he strolls towards the market he takes some time to relax in the morning sun an watch the ox-birds and doves flit about the town in persuit of a easy meal. Natural divination set to skill today.

Hmmm not sure what would be the proper outfit. Noble gear is rather beyond resources at the moment...perhaps a new travellers outfit?


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Pre-Hunt with N'bellocq and Tebati:

"Yes Sangoma, I awoke this morning rested... though in truth I yearn more for the sweat of the hunt. It has been many days of walking slow and tasting dust." giving N'bellocq a greeting also as he approached "Morning brother, are you ready to test the day?"


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

Pre-Hunt with N'bellocq and Tebati:

"The room had more comfort than I am used to. N'bellocq smiles and pats his stomach on his lean frame, "And it will be good to work. I find the food too freely given here...not that I complain yet."


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

"May Shimye-Magalla grant you the sudden breeze that makes your arrow strike true," she blesses him for the hunt. "Cousin, they worship Erastil in this town, and his feast-day is the third day from now. There are usually archery contests in honor of their god's favored weapon, in addition to general revelry; you should give a thought to entering."


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

Pre-Hunt with N'bellocq and Tebati:

N'bellocq brighten at the news. "Although not pleased at my shooting in Eleder, on the trail, I have again found my focus. It is perhaps that is where I am at my best, but it will be fun to try again. The crowds here should not be as large. I can hope."


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Morning, 1st of Erastus, 4711 AR

"Well, let us hope then that their trust does not prove to be misguided," Kieran retorts with a smile.

Present

After leaving his room, the half-elf looks for his companions and, spotting Ansha at the bar, he quickly moves to join her. "Good morning," he says in greeting, his eyes drawn to her hair as he raises an eyebrow. "Rough night? Seldom have you made a less than immaculate appearance, Ansha."

His tone is quite mirthful, a clear indication that at least his night was anything but rough.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

"Good morning! I don't know about 'rough,' but it was very...interesting, at least. I'll get around to dealing with my hair after breakfast, don't worry," Ansha replies with a wink. Just making sure a few people get the wrong idea about what happened last night first.


Your Humble Narrator
N'bellocq wrote:

Flextime, 30th Sarenith, Lion's Maw

Not understanding the words from the newcomer, N'bellocq looks to Jakob for a clue. They did not seem threatening, but N'bellocq did not like that they chose to exclude him. He slowly chewed his mango, watching them carefully.

Flextime, 30th Sarenith, Lion's Maw

The newcomer and his friend chuckle at Jakob's jest and both sat down to join the pair in the crowded tavern. The talkative one of the two sat beside Jakob while his friend sat himself down next to N'bellocq.

Yeah, it can get pretty heavy in here when a large caravan passes through. Pleased to meet you both, Jakob and N'bellocq! My name's Salgarth Macini and this is Rutilus Wintrish. We're both involved in the ranch business. What brings you to our fair town? Are you from Eleder? How does she fare?

As Salgarth spoke, Rutilus busied himself getting the attention of one of the serving girls and placed an order for the pair of them; several glasses of strong rum and a large platter of food.

Its on us, help yourself the man said quietly, with a polite smile.

Jakob:

Something is a little off about this man. You are getting the distinct impression that although he can clearly be very charming, that it is an carefully cultivated act. Nothing about the man seems like it "fits" into place- it all seems to be layered precisely, even down to the clothes he wears. You also get the impression that the Chelish man is a little disdainful to Mwangi, although that would hardly be a surprise as many in Sargava are, and many far more obvious about it.

You also pick up on a couple of "tells" in his mannerisms that clearly mark him as having lived in Eleder for some time.

His companion Rutilus, seems to be his crony or right hand man. The man seems to have very little initiative and seems used to nodding along to Salgarth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jakob, you can always get a peasant's outfit ;), only 1 silver piece. See Here under C for clothing for a fuller list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the market and streets outside were very busy with the morning rush, the Lion's Maw was almost entirely empty. Bellis Mara appeared to be supervising a delivery of several barrels of alcohol and a blond young serving girl managed the bar.

I can cook you some eggs and some meat, Miss Ansha? the young wench offered.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha turns her attention to the other blonde and nods, running her fingers through her tangled hair in a vain attempt to brush it. "That will do. I don't suppose there's fresh fruit available at the Maw too, is there?


Your Humble Narrator

The young blonde smiled.

Of course, Miss Ansha. I won't be long

The young wench moved into the kitchens and returned a minute or two later.

Cook says he'll do it right away for you, Miss Ansha.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha raises an eyebrow at the question the serving girl didn't answer, but smiles anyway. "Thanks, hon," she replies. She turns her attention back to Kieran. "So, what are your plans for the day?"


Your Humble Narrator

The fruits coming too, that's what the "Of course" referred to.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Gotcha. Ansha will stand by her misreading of the servant's meaning, though. ;P


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Prior to Hunt Departing

Qhude waits Tebati and N'bellocq to finish talking of the coming games before moving away with his fellow hunter. As he departs he gives Tebati a nod of respect.

The path he takes from the city is to the East and South - towards the edge of the Mneri plains. Eager to be free of city and in the open once more Qhude saves his breath and channels it all into his legs. The pace is hard, and he keeps to it until either he or N'bellocq shows some sign of fading - where he slows to a walk and starts to keep his eyes to the ground for signs of game.

Qhude would plan a route that essentially circles in a loop and would put them back into Freehold in the early evening. Aiming for about a three hour run out - followed by a two hour rest in the heat of the day - then a four hour return trip at a slightly slower pace.
Let me know what rolls you'd like for the game hunting AK - Qhude isn't looking for a specific prey, and more leaving it to chance.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Pre-Hunt with N'bellocq and Qhude:

N'bellocq wrote:
N'bellocq brightens at the news. "Although not pleased at my shooting in Eleder, on the trail, I have again found my focus. It is perhaps that is where I am at my best, but it will be fun to try again. The crowds here should not be as large. I can hope."

"If they would set you to shoot Bandu raiders instead of targets, you would be unbeatable. You find your center when you shoot for stakes higher than the applause of the crowds; that is better than being a prizewinner and yet trembling with fear when your bow is needed to defend your friends and family." She smiles. "Although I would not be disappointed to see a Bonuwat man best the followers of the archer-god," she admits.

"Good hunting," she wishes them both. "Be wary for more than beasts. As unafraid as Freehold seems, we know the Bandu must roam the countryside not too far from here. If you are successful, I assume you will bring back your meat to Jeggare's caravan to be dressed and cooked?" she asks Qhude. "Be sure to invite me to your feast."

She watches the pair go, then sighs and looks around her at the town. While the break from the dust and tedium of the road is welcome, at first glance there seems to be little to interest her in Freehold. No river, no shore, no boats, none of her people. Ah well, peaceful monotony is preferable to the anxious monotony of travel through dangerous countryside. She heads to the market to see if the fruit vendors have their wares for the day set out.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

"I was thinking of seeing the city, walking the streets and browsing the stores," Kieran answers with a shrug. "Although I am not sure what I expect to find. It seems like a quiet enough place. Well, more or less, anyway."

"And you?" The rogue returns the question with a half-smile. "Have you found anyone worth your attempts at seducing him? Though the word 'attempt' implies the chance for failure and I am not sure if you have ever failed in such an endeavor in the past."


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha blushes and hushes Kieran. "Shhh!" She lowers her voice and whispers, "Don't out me here!"

Recomposing herself, she continues, "I don't know that I really have any plans. There's another elf who lives here--the town wizard, apparently. I may pay him a visit. It'd be interesting to see how life out here has affected him."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude calls out as they walk away "Aye, if the hunt finds prey it will be cooked at the wagons... if what we kill has flesh worth eating."


Your Humble Narrator

Lets have a survival roll from both N'bellocq and Qhude to give me something to work with.

2,051 to 2,100 of 4,152 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM AK's Sargavan Saga All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.