Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Sargavan Saga

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"What is this place? Puzzles in Azlant, more magic than you see in a year in Absalom. Wheels literally within wheels. Bound demons and wax golems? The expense must have been enormous. But why? To what end?"

Jakob

Kingdom Rules | SRD Reference | Pyramid, Level 1 | Pyramid, Level 2 |


2,001 to 2,050 of 4,152 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4
DM AK wrote:

Whatever Ansha said, it certainly had an effect on the merchant she was teasing. He gave her a throaty chuckle and his hand began to wander- it settled on the small of her back but Ansha had little doubt in her mind that it was merely a staging point for its eventual assault on her behind.

Ansha fairly quickly deduced that all of the merchants were pretty deep into their cups. The other five seemed to merely be tolerating her presence rather than enjoying it but with her attention apparently fully on her "seat", they picked up their conversation once more. Between various toasts and various boasts of their "gift of the gab" having secured the trade route contract, Ansha quickly learned that the merchants represented a trade guild based in Eleder and much like Bellis Mara had mentioned, they had recently opened a new gold mine.

Despite their state of inebriation, the merchants discussed logistical concerns- whether the Ivory Cross forces they had stationed there were sufficient to defend the mine, how best to transport the gold to Freehold, whether a deal could be brokered with Fort Bandu to extend assistance if it proved necessary...

Ansha does her best to look keenly disinterested in the drunken merchants' self-congratulations and strategizing. Instead, she makes a point of nursing her brandy and continuing to tease the merchant whose lap she was occupying with flirtatious whispers and subtle shifts in body language, all the while listening for any clue as to what trade guild this group of merchants belonged to. Need to remember to have someone show me to my room so that I can get rid of this pack, she thinks, glancing at her backpack where it was left behind the merchant's chair.


Your Humble Narrator
Tebati wrote:

At the Freehold Market

DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Ntisi smiled politely and replied, hands clasped together and held down by her waist.

Well met. There is a strong sense of community right now in Freehold. Recent prosperity and the blessings of nature have helped to make this small town ever more peaceful in recent months. I hope you will enjoy your time here. Can I assist you in some manner, Tebati?

"I... no, Mother," Tebati stumbles over her words, her eyes on the ground. She feels as cowed and callow as she used to before Marisama, when the shamaness was disapproving. "I merely wished to pay you respect, as a visitor to your home."

Sorry, AK; I'm a little at sea in this encounter. I can't quite master the theological differences and alignment implications, and all I can come up with is, basically, "Hey, I'm a Mwangi shamaness; you're a Mwangi shamaness. So ... how about that?" Feel free to take control of the conversation or just be kind and cut her loose with a polite dismissal. :)

Its fine, Ntisi was actually on the verge of politely extricating herself from the conversation anyway ;).

Ntisi smiled a warm smile at Tebati.

Your respects are noted and appreciated Tebati. If you wish to speak further, my church's doors are open to you.

With a slight nod of her head as a farewell, Ntisi slowly walked out of the clearing.

Qhude wrote:

At the Maw

Qhude nods perfunctorily before moving up to where the aforementioned Eliandra is showing rooms. Qhude takes the first that is offered and dumps his gear unceremoniously at the foot of the bed. He then removes first his rope, and then his armor before moving downstairs barefoot and clad once more in only his bloodstained shorts.

Qhude attracted an extremely distasteful look from Bellis Mara as he moved back into the inn's common room. She moved over to him, eyeing his shorts and asked-

Is the wash basin not to your satisfaction?


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude takes a knee next to Bellis so as to see her eye to eye and matches her stare with his own speaking in an even voice "Is my presence not to yours?" clearly not recognizing what the halfling had taken umbrage over.


Your Humble Narrator

Bellis' scowl only deepened as Qhude lowered himself to meet her eyes. She prodded his shorts irritably.

Guests covered in blood quickly give an establishment a bad reputation. Do you have no other clothing?


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

"None but my armor." Qhude states matter of factly. A few moments pass in silence before he adds "I can remove my shorts if they offend you so?" allowing the expected look of outrage to spread across the halfling woman's face before he leans a little closer "Or should I tell Jeggare that those who have killed at his side and marched against the Bandu with him are not welcome here..."


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Kieran excuses himself with a smile and a slight bow of his head at Bellis and leaves the inn, acknowledging Qhude with a nod and a wave of his hand.

DM Alexander Kilcoyne:
The half-elf starts making his way to the house, following the halfling's directions as best he can. Taking care to use those streets and alleys that are as empty as possible, he walks casually and at a normal pace, so as not to draw attention to himself. Once at his destination, he waits for a few moments, observing his surroundings and waiting until he can be sure he can approach the house without being seen or at least without drawing attention to himself.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Eliandra wrote:
"I do like it here. Freehold's a grand place to live. We're something of a frontier town so there's always exciting people visiting! What do you think of our town so far? Do you like the look of this room? And you didn't tell me your name sir..."

Jakob stutters, flustered for a moment.

"Oh! Please forgive me. Where are my manners? My name is Jakob Mulle. But please, call me Jakob." Jakob extends a hand fingers curled in a way that allows the other person to choose whether to shake the hand or to lightly lay their own upon it to be kissed.

I find the town suprisingly happy. Everyone seems to be smiling and everywhere there is beauty." Jakob is thinking of the flower garden but she can take it how she likes. Jakob has no clue as to any subtext here. He is too tired and too distracted by the idea that if this is the custodian's vision for the country then he might be a man to help rather than a foe to watch.

"And the room? The room, like all things in this inn is lovely. Aww the luxury of a bed!" Jakob crosses to the open window (assuming the window and assuming it is open to air the room.) leans out for a moment and then turns to Eliandra. His voice and face animated in am attempt to make up for his lapse earlier. "...And the view! It is a wonderful place that has such beauty in it."

Jakob sighs as he places his spear against the wall and removes his pack. "Ahhhh Feels like that has been glued there for days." He stretches his arms one by one over his head unconsciously showing off his quite decent physique. (high cha and con, decent str. Not a bad specimen I think.)

He turns to look at Eliandra, his tone more matter of fact. "Now to get out of these clothes." Jakob looks towards the bed seeing if there is enough room for a tin bath underneath it.

And we go from horror show to sex farce with barely a hiccup. Smooth AK. Well done.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati watches the shamaness go, then turns to find the Lion's Maw and the rest of the party.

Unless she runs across N'bellocq in the market, she'll head back to the inn. Wave me in whenever she arrives, AK; not sure to what extent the timelines are meshing while we're separated.


Your Humble Narrator

Inside the Lion's Maw

Qhude wrote:
"None but my armor." Qhude states matter of factly. A few moments pass in silence before he adds "I can remove my shorts if they offend you so?" allowing the expected look of outrage to spread across the halfling woman's face before he leans a little closer "Or should I tell Jeggare that those who have killed at his side and marched against the Bandu with him are not welcome here..."

The expected look of outrage never came, but in its place marched an icy stare. Bellis replied calmly, flatly, with cold anger evident in her voice.

You can tell Jeggare whatever you wish- for all your posturing you forget it is he who will foot the increased charges you will incur by not maintaining yourself in a respectable fashion, boy she said slowly. As for removing your shorts, I have very little interest in what lies underneath them but should you wish to humiliate yourself further and incur further charges to your indaba- do oblige yourself. Perhaps you would prefer to do so in your room and i'll have a woman sent up to pleasure you; your friend Jeggare can pay for that too, I am sure.

Bellis glared at Qhude, her fierce anger belying her small stature. She prodded him with a finger-

Or, you can wash your damn clothes, or pay me two silver pieces and i'll have it done for you. Jeggare's a fine client but i'll not have his hired guards cause trouble in MY establishment!

The raised voice has attracted the attention of both the Dwarven party and Ansha's merchant companions.

Jakob Mulle wrote:
Eliandra wrote:
"I do like it here. Freehold's a grand place to live. We're something of a frontier town so there's always exciting people visiting! What do you think of our town so far? Do you like the look of this room? And you didn't tell me your name sir..."

Jakob stutters, flustered for a moment.

"Oh! Please forgive me. Where are my manners? My name is Jakob Mulle. But please, call me Jakob." Jakob extends a hand fingers curled in a way that allows the other person to choose whether to shake the hand or to lightly lay their own upon it to be kissed.

I find the town suprisingly happy. Everyone seems to be smiling and everywhere there is beauty." Jakob is thinking of the flower garden but she can take it how she likes. Jakob has no clue as to any subtext here. He is too tired and too distracted by the idea that if this is the custodian's vision for the country then he might be a man to help rather than a foe to watch.

"And the room? The room, like all things in this inn is lovely. Aww the luxury of a bed!" Jakob crosses to the open window (assuming the window and assuming it is open to air the room.) leans out for a moment and then turns to Eliandra. His voice and face animated in am attempt to make up for his lapse earlier. "...And the view! It is a wonderful place that has such beauty in it."

Jakob sighs as he places his spear against the wall and removes his pack. "Ahhhh Feels like that has been glued there for days." He stretches his arms one by one over his head unconsciously showing off his quite decent physique.

He turns to look at Eliandra, his tone more matter of fact. "Now to get out of these clothes." Jakob looks towards the bed seeing if there is enough room for a tin bath underneath it.

Eliandra smiled and allowed Jakob to kiss her hand as she lay it upon his own, smiling as he did so.

Well met Jakob. Such a gentleman... she said wistfully, eyes smirking once again. Her eyes lit up as Jakob seemed so enthused with the room. His comments on the beautiful things in the town and the loveliness of everything in the inn was apparently not lost on her.

You are very kind to say such things she replied smoothly. As Jakob suspected, there was indeed a bath underneath the bed. As Jakob began to undress, she moved towards the room's door. I will have hot water made available for you, sir Mulle. Can I assist you in any other capacity? she asked as she stood in the doorway, ready to give Jakob privacy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

???

Kieran Markavien wrote:

Kieran excuses himself with a smile and a slight bow of his head at Bellis and leaves the inn, acknowledging Qhude with a nod and a wave of his hand.

** spoiler omitted **

Kieran:

You stealthily work your way through the town, avoiding any significant notice (you think) as you approach the house in question. It is a stone house which is quite rare, but less rare in this area of the town than the southern end and the central area. You spend some time scouting the building and your fairly sure its empty. Its very quiet here at the moment...


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude is unbowed or cowed by the angry little one, rising instead to his full height as his jaw is clenched slightly though his hands have not yet made fists. Towering over the little one, there is an air of violence about him... though those who he calls friends would note that he is as yet in control... Bellis may not.

Baring teeth he stares down the halfling...
Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 4 = 27 +4 for being larger
...showing her that he is not beneath her "No need umfazi omdala. I am not staying." before turning slowly to return to his room. Gathering his things Qhude walks casually out of the inn.

umfazi omdala - old woman

As Tebati is arriving, she notices Qhude departing and seeming to make for returning to the wagon train of Jeggare.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

From her vantage point on the lap of one of the drunken merchants, Ansha watches the scene unfold. As Qhude marches out of the room, she lets out an exasperated sigh, closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose. "I'll be right back," she whispers into her besotted fellow's ear. "Don't you worry."

She stands and politely excuses herself to the other merchants, snatching up her backpack and calmly walking over to the silently fuming halfling. "You'll have to excuse my...companion. He is not at home when he is not on the plains, I am afraid. Don't think too harshly of him, though. He's a good man, even if he doesn't understand the ways of civilized folk," she says quietly.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4
Qhude wrote:
As Tebati is arriving, she notices Qhude departing and seeming to make for returning to the wagon train of Jeggare.

"Qhude!" she greets him, smiling. While Freehold has no shortage of friendly faces, it is still good to see a familiar one after a market full of strangers. "Where are you going?" As she draws closer, she frowns slightly to see him carrying his gear and armor away from the inn. "Are the rooms not to your liking?" she asks quietly.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude pauses at the sound of the Sangoma's voice and waits for her to get near. While Tebati face bears a smile, there is a scowl upon Qhude's. Responding in an even tone "I am not to the liking of the owner." forsaking the detail for brevity "I make for the wagons if they will have me or failing that the fort... Tell N'bellocq that I ukuzingela tomorrow, and he is welcome to run with me."

ukuzingela - act of hunting


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

DM Alexander Kilcoyne:
Taking a deep breath, Kieran approaches the house from the back, his eyes looking at the windows in an attempt to find one that leads to the bedroom, as well as to make sure they are of an adequate size for him to fit through. If or when he finds one, he looks around him one more time before moving to it, the tools of his trade already in his hands and ready to be used on the lock securing it.

Disable Device 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

N'bellocq makes his way back to the Maw. Quite proud of his new clothes, as he can still not get used to the idea of having coin to purchase items as one wills.

He will come upon the Maw while eating a small animal grill on a skewer, to find the stern expression of Qhude and the worried face of Tebati. He looks around for any sign of trouble as he closes the distance.

"Ho cousin and brother. The market is full of wonders, but is there trouble? "

He catches the tale end of Qhude's comments and scowls. "The owner does not allow you. Is that attitude extended to us, Tebati and I? Not what I expected at all." The meat he was chewing on suddenly tasted much gamier as he was coming to realize the childish fantasy he had of this place.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

"I ... don't know," Tebati replies to N'bellocq with a troubled frown. "Why would Jeggare send us to an inn he knew would refuse us? What happened, Qhude? And where are the others? Would they not walk out with you rather than stay where you are not welcome?"


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Eliandra wrote:
"I will have hot water made available for you, sir Mulle. Can I assist you in any other capacity?"

"Oh a bath would be lovely, thank you. Capacity?... Well if there is something cool and sweet to be had I would consider you my dearest friend in Freehold."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Upon questioning by Tebati and N'bellocq, Qhude replays the scene in his mind. Shaking his head to the queries "It is not the black that she abhors, but the red" indicating the dark red stains that run along his colonially styled shorts. "Eish! It is done, and you will know where to find me. Ansha and Jakob are within. Kieran was here earlier but left."

Before leaving he turns to N'bellocq "Brother, I will ukuzingela tomorrow. Would you run with me and lend your bow?"


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati gives the Bas'o a quick glance from head to toe; she has known him long enough to have grown used to his customary appearance and tries to evaluate him with a stranger's eyes. She has to admit that if she had seen him in the market in Nantambu a year ago, she would have given him a wide berth as a dangerous man. Still, she shakes her head, her lips tight. "It does not sit well with me. You should not be separated from the rest of us. If you were good enough for the Grand Custodian's palace dressed as you are, should you not be good enough for an inn in Freehold?"


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

"There is no need for quarrel Sangoma, the umfazi omdala who is owner is likely as proud as me" showing some degree of understanding of the situation in reflection "Besides, I prefer the taste of the air and stars above me... I would not deny you the comfort of the inn for my sake"


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati is torn. She is aggrieved on Qhude's behalf, but she cannot deny that she has been looking forward to the inn for many long, bumpy days in the wagons. She offers him her hand to grasp. "Rest well, Qhude, and good hunting. I have seen you after my prayers every morning since we left Eleder; I will miss you at sunrise."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

A smile forming on his face as he clasps Tebati's hand "If you seek your mistress outside the walls of the Maw then you will see me still." and with a short nod of acknowledgement he continues back to Jeggare's wagon train.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati sighs as she watches him go. "Come, Cousin," she says to N'bellocq a bit grimly, "let us see if our appearance is up to the high standards of the Lion's Maw." She pushes open the door and enters the inn, taking a moment to stop and look around. Jakob is nowhere to be seen, but she quickly spies Ansha speaking to a halfling woman. Giving the elf a nod, she takes a seat at an empty table to wait for Kieran's return.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha pauses long enough in her peace-making with Bellis to give Tebati a return smile. "You might consider paying someone to look for Qhude when he's bathing or the like, and then have them steal his old shorts to replace them with clean ones. It worked well enough when we were at the Grand Custodian's gala."


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

N'bellocq nods solumnly at Qhude's decision and clasps his forearm in farewell. "I will find you tomorrow at the caravan, then." While the palace was not to N'belocq's accustomed sense of self, this inn seemed more practical and allowed the freedom to come and go.

"Alright Cousin, let us find this too proud owner and see if our rooms live up to his attitude."


Your Humble Narrator
Qhude wrote:

Qhude is unbowed or cowed by the angry little one, rising instead to his full height as his jaw is clenched slightly though his hands have not yet made fists. Towering over the little one, there is an air of violence about him... though those who he calls friends would note that he is as yet in control... Bellis may not.

Baring teeth he stares down the halfling...
Intimidate: 1d20+11+4 +4 for being larger
...showing her that he is not beneath her "No need umfazi omdala. I am not staying." before turning slowly to return to his room. Gathering his things Qhude walks casually out of the inn.

umfazi omdala - old woman

As Tebati is arriving, she notices Qhude departing and seeming to make for returning to the wagon train of Jeggare.

Bellis Mara paled under Qhude's violent aura and said nothing as he went upstairs to pack. By the time he had returned to the common room, however, she had recovered from her fear. She stared scornfully at the Bas'o, spitting as he passed in contempt.

Ansha Saeralyan wrote:

From her vantage point on the lap of one of the drunken merchants, Ansha watches the scene unfold. As Qhude marches out of the room, she lets out an exasperated sigh, closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose. "I'll be right back," she whispers into her besotted fellow's ear. "Don't you worry."

She stands and politely excuses herself to the other merchants, snatching up her backpack and calmly walking over to the silently fuming halfling. "You'll have to excuse my...companion. He is not at home when he is not on the plains, I am afraid. Don't think too harshly of him, though. He's a good man, even if he doesn't understand the ways of civilized folk," she says quietly.

Diplomacy: 1d20+11

Ansha's attempted efforts at apologising on Qhude's behalf were met with a snort of contempt from the elderly Halfling woman as she bitterly replied-

He is not welcome in my inn. If I have my way about it, he will not be welcome in all of Freehold. We don't care for such brutishness in this town, Ansha. Not one bit.

Kieran Markavien wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Kieran:

You have little effort forcing an outer window open and quietly moving inside the bedroom. The room is nicely furnished, suggesting the rancher is fairly wealthy.

Jakob Mulle wrote:
Eliandra wrote:
"I will have hot water made available for you, sir Mulle. Can I assist you in any other capacity?"

"Oh a bath would be lovely, thank you. Capacity?... Well if there is something cool and sweet to be had I would consider you my dearest friend in Freehold."

Eliandra smiled sweetly at Jakob as she departed.

I will see what I can do, sir Mulle.

Qhude wrote:
A smile forming on his face as he clasps Tebati's hand "If you seek your mistress outside the walls of the Maw then you will see me still." and with a short nod of acknowledgement he continues back to Jeggare's wagon train.

Qhude returned to the caravan and Jeggare saw him coming. The portly Half-Elf noted he was carrying all his things, and wordlessly handed him his bedroll and a blanket.

Make yourself at home he told the Bas'o. Dinner will be served in an hour or two.

N'bellocq wrote:

N'bellocq nods solumnly at Qhude's decision and clasps his forearm in farewell. "I will find you tomorrow at the caravan, then." While the palace was not to N'belocq's accustomed sense of self, this inn seemed more practical and allowed the freedom to come and go.

"Alright Cousin, let us find this too proud owner and see if our rooms live up to his attitude."

N'bellocq and Tebati entered the spacious and pleasant common room of the Lion's Maw. It was only a few moments after they had seated themselves when the elderly Halfling matron came over.

What can I get you? she asked.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Ansha's attempted efforts at apologising on Qhude's behalf were met with a snort of contempt from the elderly Halfling woman as she bitterly replied-

He is not welcome in my inn. If I have my way about it, he will not be welcome in all of Freehold. We don't care for such brutishness in this town, Ansha. Not one bit.

Rebuffed, Ansha sighs and says quietly, "At the very least, please don't let his barbarism impact your perception of the rest of us."

Hefting her backpack again, she asks, "So, which room upstairs is mine?"


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

N'bellocq and Tebati entered the spacious and pleasant common room of the Lion's Maw. It was only a few moments after they had seated themselves when the elderly Halfling matron came over.

What can I get you? she asked.

"Nothing at the moment," Tebati replies coolly. "I am waiting for someone."


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

N'bellocq saw none of the rudeness he was expecting. Sitting with Tebati he was about to inquire about a platter of local delicacies to the server, when Tebati's comment snaps his jaw closed. He raises an eyebrow but holds on making his request.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

"Ask for something if you wish, cousin," Tebati murmurs to him, not intending to set the tone for the table. "I ate fruit in the market and am waiting for Kieran."


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

With a smile, "Well...so did I, including something...an animal or some sort, on a stick. But that doesn't mean I can't fit a bit more in."

Turning to the Matron, "Some bread and fruits perhaps?"


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati laughs. "Jeggare might not have wagered on a Bonuwat man's appetite when he agreed to pay for our stay. I hope the Grand Custodian is compensating him handsomely."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

At Jeggare's Wagon:

Qhude takes the bedroll with thanks and gives Jeggare a respectful nod. Securing himself a place to sleep Qhude offers help with any heavy lifting that needs be done.

That's Qhude done for today unless something else happens. However fully aware that the others might be chugging along for a while yet before sleep.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

DM Alexander Kilcoyne:
"Well, you seem to be doing rather well for yourself," Kieran mutters softly to himself as he takes a few seconds to look around the room.

Moving closer to the bed, the half-elf checks any drawers that might be located close to it for places the rancher might keep his jewelery when taking them off. If he finds such a place, the half-elf simply places the ring on the floor under or next to it, preferably partially hidden behind some part of the furniture, making it seem as if the other man had attempted to put the small piece of jewelery in the drawer before going to sleep, but did not notice that he actually dropped it. If, however, he does not find something to his liking, then there is always the wash basin or the bath, both places one might take off a ring and, if a little absent-minded, forget to put it back on, especially if the small thing found itself under the aforementioned basin or bath.

Once finished, he smiles, pleased with himself, and leaves the same way he came in, checking first that there is noone to see him exit and making sure to return the window to its previous closed and locked state.


Your Humble Narrator

Inside the Maw

Ansha Saeralyan wrote:


Rebuffed, Ansha sighs and says quietly, "At the very least, please don't let his barbarism impact your perception of the rest of us."

Hefting her backpack again, she asks, "So, which room upstairs is mine?"

Bellis did not respond to Ansha's quiet comment, but the Elven maiden did not get the impression that the innkeeper would judge her from Qhude's actions. The matron beckoned to the young, pretty brown haired Chelish girl as she made her way down the creaking wooden stairs.

Eliandra- show Ansha here to her room. Our finest she barked before moving to serve Tebati and N'bellocq. Eliandra began to lead Ansha up to her room and she made small talk as the pair ascended. She asked Ansha where she was from and what her business was in Freehold, in a warm and friendly manner.

N'bellocq wrote:

With a smile, "Well...so did I, including something...an animal or some sort, on a stick. But that doesn't mean I can't fit a bit more in."

Turning to the Matron, "Some bread and fruits perhaps?"

After she nodded curtly at Tebati's answer, Bellis obliged N'bellocq. Within only a few minutes, the matron returned with a large platter of fruits and bread, with a little cheese as well. Apparently, she had acted on Tebati's inference to N'bellocq's large appetite.

Some twenty minutes later, Kieran enters the inn as well. Some of the local crowd have begun to slowly trickle in as their labours ended and the market finished winding down.

Upstairs, Jakob's bathtub was filled; and a second pretty Chelish girl, this one a buxom blonde, brought him several slices of fresh watermelon with a smile.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Inside the Maw

Bellis did not respond to Ansha's quiet comment, but the Elven maiden did not get the impression that the innkeeper would judge her from Qhude's actions. The matron beckoned to the young, pretty brown haired Chelish girl as she made her way down the creaking wooden stairs.

Eliandra- show Ansha here to her room. Our finest she barked before moving to serve Tebati and N'bellocq. Eliandra began to lead Ansha up to her room and she made small talk as the pair ascended. She asked Ansha where she was from and what her business was in Freehold, in a warm and friendly manner.

Ansha smiles and follows Eliandra up the stairs, replying to the girl's questions, "Oh, I'm from Kyonin originally. But for the past few years, I've been in Crown's End. Lovely place--if you don't cross the wrong person. I'm just passing through with a caravan. How long have you been working here at the inn...Eliandra, right? Pretty name."

Ansha lets her eyes wander as she mounts the stairs behind the Chelish girl, responding amiably to any further questions asked, but avoiding discussion of much of her life in Crown's End or Kyonin--only the life on the road between them.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati half-rises from her chair in eagerness when Kieran comes in but hesitates to cross the slowly-filling common room to welcome him in front of so many strangers' eyes.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

His eyes scanning the room, Kieran smiles when he sees Tebati and even chuckles softly and briefly once he notices the woman's hesitation. Moving quickly to reach her table, he acknowledges N'bellocq with a nod of his head in greeting before turning to the priestess. He lifts a hand, bringing it to lightly caress her cheek.

"Missed me?" The question is asked in the teasing fashion the half-elf seems to use with only Tebati, never mocking, always loving.


Your Humble Narrator
Ansha Saeralyan wrote:


Ansha smiles and follows Eliandra up the stairs, replying to the girl's questions, "Oh, I'm from Kyonin originally. But for the past few years, I've been in Crown's End. Lovely place--if you don't cross the wrong person. I'm just passing through with a caravan. How long have you been working here at the inn...Eliandra, right? Pretty name."

Ansha lets her eyes wander as she mounts the stairs behind the Chelish girl, responding amiably to any further questions asked, but avoiding discussion of much of her life in Crown's End or Kyonin--only the life on the road between them.

Eliandra blushed with pleasure at Ansha's compliment as she took a left at the top of the stairs, as she led the Elf to the end of the hallway to a particularly fine oak door. As she fumbled for the right key, she chatted-

That's right ma'am. I can't say I've ever been too far west of Freehold. I've been working here for a couple of years now. Miss Mara is quite selective in who she employs, but the pay is better than most work in the area. The inn is the cultural centre of Freehold and situated right by the market, after all! You'll be well attended here.

Eventually Eliandra found a heavy brass key that fit the lock and opened the door. Inside, an ornately furnished bedroom awaited, with a second adjoining room that served as a bathroom. A fine double bed with a lush silk cover and soft curtains was set at the back wall of the room, with other fine furniture and a dressing table also in the large chamber.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4
Kieran Markavien wrote:

His eyes scanning the room, Kieran smiles when he sees Tebati and even chuckles softly and briefly once he notices the woman's hesitation. Moving quickly to reach her table, he acknowledges N'bellocq with a nod of his head in greeting before turning to the priestess. He lifts a hand, bringing it to lightly caress her cheek.

"Missed me?" The question is asked in the teasing fashion the half-elf seems to use with only Tebati, never mocking, always loving.

She only smiles in response, leaning her face into his hand. "Are you hungry?" she asks, with a glance at N'bellocq's table of plenty. "Or...?" She pushes herself up on her tiptoes, leaning against him to murmur something in his ear.

Kieran:
"It has been a very long time since I was alone with you in a room with a real bed and a door that shuts."

Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Eliandra blushed with pleasure at Ansha's compliment as she took a left at the top of the stairs, as she led the Elf to the end of the hallway to a particularly fine oak door. As she fumbled for the right key, she chatted-

That's right ma'am. I can't say I've ever been too far west of Freehold. I've been working here for a couple of years now. Miss Mara is quite selective in who she employs, but the pay is better than most work in the area. The inn is the cultural centre of Freehold and situated right by the market, after all! You'll be well attended here.

Eventually Eliandra found a heavy brass key that fit the lock and opened the door. Inside, an ornately furnished bedroom awaited, with a second adjoining room that served as a bathroom. A fine double bed with a lush silk cover and soft curtains was set at the back wall of the room, with other fine furniture and a dressing table also in the large chamber.

Ansha murmurs appreciatively as Eliandra opens the door to her room. Stepping past the girl, she walks to the center of the room and looks around, noting her pleasure with the arrangement with more unintelligible murmurs. She sets her backpack down next to the bed and turns again to look at Eliandra. "Quite the impressive accommodations," she says, palming a gold coin and placing it in the girl's hand. "Yes, this should do quite nicely."

She heads for the door again, determined to return to her besotted merchant "friend" before he loses interest. "Tell me, though. How well does sound carry beyond these walls?"


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

N'bellocq chokes a moment on a piece of bread, keeping his eyes on the table, he finds a juicy piece of fruit to force it all down.

I am assuming something naughty was just suggested, but like N'bellocq, I averted my eyes.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

All it takes is a DC 15 since you're sitting right next to her. Go ahead and peek. It's totally SFW. Now if it was Ansha suggesting something.... ;)


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Jakob startled by the arrival of the food while dressed only in his smalls. Tries and fails to coverhimself with a spare shirt. "Ah, um ..Thank you, yes, there on the small table if you please. Thank you again."

After she has departed. "That's it! If the estate thing works, no servants!"

Jakob settles down to bathe. He does a very though job of it and takes his time. [~1-2 hours?] Once clean he picks, with some distaste, the least decrepit elements of his surviving wardrobe and heads down to the main floor to see what delights await the newly laundered traveller.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Tebati:
"Indeed it has," Kieran readily agrees, "and I do believe we should do something about it sooner -much sooner- rather than later. Shall we?"

"I am sorry I will not be joining you at the moment, my friend," the half-elf apologizes to N'bellocq. As he begins to leave the table, he seems to pause and think of something. He then returns to the table and takes some of the fruit and bread. "I hope you do not mind? For later."


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati slips her hand through the crook of Kieran's arm and turns back toward N'bellocq with a happy smile before letting him lead her to the staircase. "Enjoy yourself, cousin," she tells him, "and if I don't see you again before the morning, good night."


Your Humble Narrator

Does N'bellocq have any plans or shall I move ahead to Jakob's triumphant return from the bathtub?


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

N'bellocq polishes off the remainder of his feast, and goes off to find some staff that might show him his room. He knows by Qhude's mood earlier that tomorrows hunt promises to be intense, so he plans to get some proper sleep in a bed.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

At the camp of Jeggare:

Qhude does not overtly seek to mingle with the wagon staff... but there was something that had been sitting in his mind. He knew that Jeggare was a skilled fighter, but the rest of them seemed powerless when the Bandu fell upon the wagon train. As he sat and ate in the evening, he looked over the wagons and staff - taking better note of what weapons they had and who looked like they could wield them.

I'm assuming the wagons look roughly like this?


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Does N'bellocq have any plans or shall I move ahead to Jakob's triumphant return from the bathtub?

(Cue 'Hail to Chief')

A freshly cleaned Jakob saunters down the stairs to the main level. He is wearing his mithral armor over a faded and rather travel worn blue shirt.

"Hmmm must find some new clothes, and I should talk to the head man and see about getting the full tour. See if this place is as it appears. Could use a second set of eyes. Wonder how the others are settling in?"

Yes I know a whole post to walk down the stairs. But I'm not sure wher we are time wise so the length of the bath can be whatever is needed to sync things up. Also this is the easiest way i can see to set out Jakob's goals for the Freehold interregnum.

2,001 to 2,050 of 4,152 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM AK's Sargavan Saga All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.