Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Sargavan Saga

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"What is this place? Puzzles in Azlant, more magic than you see in a year in Absalom. Wheels literally within wheels. Bound demons and wax golems? The expense must have been enormous. But why? To what end?"

Jakob

Kingdom Rules | SRD Reference | Pyramid, Level 1 | Pyramid, Level 2 |


1,801 to 1,850 of 4,133 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Your Humble Narrator

I'm not entirely sure Jeggare didn't kill more than anyone else in the whole caravan fight. He had some crazy good rolls with his crossbow. Not that Tebati is aware of that of course.

The group splits up. Qhude and N'bellocq slowly making their way towards the camp in a lazy arc around to the west while the others make their way towards the next hill to the east of the camp, edging a little closer in the process.

DM Only:

1d20 ⇒ 2

1d20 ⇒ 17

Desperate Westside Duo:

Your getting fairly close to the camp but no one has yet raised an alarm or paid you any heed. Your a few hundred feet from the nearest Bandu. It seems the camp is in absolutely no state to quickly react to a threat; between cooking, rutting with willing (or unwilling) females and eagerly dividing the spoils from three sacks taken from your caravan, few of the Bandu remain alert. In the centre of the camp, right near the fire, a grizzled old man is sharpening a cruel, curved dagger with a whetstone; holding it over a portable altar and scrutinising its edge. Nearby the fire is the cook Bethany, tied up and gagged with a crude piece of cloth.

Eastern Ambush Squad:

You've worked your way around the camp at a safe distance and have just scaled a hill to its east. From here at the top, your several hundred feet from the camp and about as close you think you can get without breaking cover and becoming very visible. Your just below the crest of the hill, you'll be able to see the encampment soon.

Just a pause to let the other two catch up in time as well as clarify your situation.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Jakob smiles.
"What do you think Jeggare, will we do as well as Tebati and Ansha? I think you will find our merry band has a predilection for desperate gambles, though the concern over rescue is a recent and I must say welcome development."

Qhude I like the clip. I was afraid for a moment you were going to use this.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

DWD:
Qhude stills his voice as they draw closer still to the encampment. When they are as near as he risks coming, Qhude announces his presence. Giving flight to his soul through song, Qhude calls upon his blood - allowing it to flood through him. The words are no longer sonorous but have taken a bestial edge, a challenge present in every syllable as it is uttered. At the end of each phrase, Qhude stamps his right foot into the earth to punctuate the words. The guisarme is held low, but the severed head of the slaver rises to be held before him.... lifeless eyes staring into the Bandu camp.

In Polyglot "I call to you Bandu,
Rise and look upon me,
You have stolen from me,
I call to you Bandu,
Your ibutho elimandla is dead,
It was my hand that ended him,
Rise and look upon me,
You have stolen from me..."
the phrases continue along that vein, until Qhude is able to see an inkosi rise from the Bandu to meet him...

ibutho elimandla - strong warrior
inkosi - chief


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

EAS:
What's our next move? Send Kieran, as our sneakiest member, up to the crest of the hill to see what's going on? Should we wait out of sight unless it looks like the DWD are in trouble? Tebati can cover 160 feet a round if she runs. Or should we go ahead and show ourselves and get a little nearer the camp?


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Eastern Ambush Squad:
As the group pauses near the crest of the hill, Ansha looks skyward. Biting her bottom lip gently, she seems to be thinking. After a moment, she nods her head. Glancing at the rest of the group, she says, "Let's get moving. Either Qhude will have their attention and we can get closer unobserved, or we draw their attention away from Qhude. Either way, I don't think we'll be much use in a fight for Tebati's cousins"--she punctuates this with a wry, teasing half-grin at the Mwangi shamaness--"from this far away."

Not really waiting for a reply, she starts moving toward the crest of the hill--slowly at first, until she is sure that the rest of the group is with her on the course of action.

I think that about sums up Ansha's idea of the group's next move.


Your Humble Narrator

Ansha and Company:

For lack of any other plan, you follow Ansha over the crest of the hill. Below you, you can see Qhude marching right towards the centre of the Bandu encampment from the other side, with N'bellocq following.

If you start moving to the encampment, i'd like a perception check from everyone...


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Ansha & Co.:
Jakob follows the elf over the brow of the hill. those nearby will notice that he is repeating Qhude's chant very very softly as if memorizing it. Perception 1d20 ⇒ 17.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha and Company:
Well, I feel special.

Knot growing in her stomach as she walks straight into a proverbial lion's den, Ansha casts Jakob a sidelong glance as the group moves closer to the Bandu camp. At least he's not yelling it, she thinks. She rests a hand on the scroll cases at her hip as they walk, the faint 'swish' sound of their boots sinking into the sand glaringly loud to the on-edge elven enchantress.

"So far, so good," she comments quietly.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

DWD:
N'bellocq proceeds with Qhude. He has him bow firmly gripped but pointed downward, and no arrow nocked on the string. He watches side to side to ensure nothing comes upon them that does not come directly in answer to Qhude's challange.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Ansha and her admirers:
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 :P


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Ansha et al.:
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Your Humble Narrator

Qhude/N'bellocq:

Thanks for your patience. I have an encounter to resolve with the others while your marching forward. I haven't forgotten about you.

Ansha & Her Harem:

None of you notice anything amiss as you walk up to the top of the hill- but suddenly you feel the sandy earth beneath your feet feel unsteady, as though it is about to give way...

Reflex saves everybody! Please don't take any actions other than your saves for now...


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Ansha's Entourage:
Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha and Her Minions:
Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Ansha's group:
Reflex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Didn't Jeggare get a Perception check to notice whatever it was we all missed? He's with us, right?


Your Humble Narrator

Ansha & Co:

Fair point. Jeggare perception-
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Just need Jakob's reflex save :).


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

DM AK:
No problems - I've a sneaking suspicion that things might get a bit more interesting :P
In case it wasn't obvious - Qhude was going to continue walking forward as he chanted.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Curia Ansha:
reflex save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15.


Your Humble Narrator

DM Only:

Tebati- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Kieran- 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Ansha- 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Jakob- 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Jeggare- 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
???- 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Ansha & Company:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Jeggare Reflex

A victim of some kind of tunnel dug too close to the surface, all of you fail to spot the potential sinkhole. As the ground falls away beneath your feet from your combined weight, only Ansha manages to leap clear, her desperate dive just barely reaching safety. The rest of you fall hard, a little over ten feet onto painful, tunneled earth and rock, into some kind of burrowed crossroad.

Falling Damage-
Jeggare- 1d6 ⇒ 5
Tebati- 1d6 ⇒ 3
Jakob- 1d6 ⇒ 5
Kieran- 1d6 ⇒ 6

Natural 1 on the reflex save and max damage for falling. Take that, poor Kieran!

Ankheg Sinkhole-

Round 1

Ordered Initiative-
Tebati- 21
Kieran- 18
Jakob- 17
Ansha- 9
Jeggare- 8

Active Effects-

Everyone begins their turn Prone.

Map-

Doesn't seem necessary yet.

Notes-

Please wait for me to post the next round update before posting round 2 actions, i'm not usually too fussy about it but in this case theres a good reason.

Action-

Having fallen painfully with Ansha just barely having escaped everyone elses fate, you are ten feet down in a roughly fifteen by fifteen feet steep sinkhole. The 'chamber' you are in is roughly square shaped, with tunnels leading north, south and east; sloping downwards a little. Visibility is good in your sinkhole, but you can see only five feet down any of the tunnels, with dim light prevailing for another five feet beyond that. Ansha is stood on the western edge of the sinkhole, having just clambered to her feet.

The party is up!

Knowledge Nature or Arcana DC19 for Ansha and Company:

Your pretty confident from the size and width of the tunnels, (as well as traces of their thick caustic secretions used to shore up the walls) that these have been made by Ankhegs; an all too common plague on the rural and isolated areas of the world. What worries you in particular is that its unlikely such a crossroads was made by a single specimen; more likely, the permanent tunnels of a few different Ankheg's criss-crossed; the magical beasts are fond of digging underneath hills like these...

I will give you more info on Ankhegs dependent on your exact check result, it will likely come in my next post.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha's Cohort:
Knowledge: Nature 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Knowledge: Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Having successfully avoided the sinkhole, Ansha scrambles to her feet. Shrugging her masterwork backpack from her shoulders, she kneels and calls softly, "Is everyone alright down there?"

Studying the sinkhole for a moment, a concerned frown crosses her face. She reaches for the coil of rope in her backpack, taking a quick glance over her shoulder in the direction of the Bandu camp, and adds, "Watch yourselves. I think an ankheg...or three...made that crossroads."

Move action to retrieve her 50' coil of silk rope from her masterwork backpack. Use Rope isn't a skill any more, but Ansha intends to try to secure and lower a rope for the rest of the party.

How far out from the Bandu camp are we at this point? Any indication that they've noticed us yet?

Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Your Humble Narrator

Ansha's Mob:

You got about forty paces from my last description, you've only just crested the hill. More info for you tomorrow Ansha, about to turn in for the night.

Ansha doesn't see anything around in her immediate vicinity to secure a rope to, except a sturdy looking boulder some forty feet away.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Ansha's coterie:

Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22. Ankhegs, great. Right up there with Carrion Crawlers on my 'most characters killed by' list. Does anyone else hear the TPK drums in the distance?

Round one:
"Oof! Miles of nice soft fertile ground and I find a rock to land on. (current hp 14/19). Wait.. this isn't a rock. More like hard tree sap or... We need to get out of here now!" After hearing Ansha's comment. "Well this day just keeps getting better."

Jakob readies his long spear and watches the tunnels.
Ready action vs. hostile company getting in reach. Not sure brace applies as Jacob is watching all three tunnels.


Your Humble Narrator

Ansha & Slaves:

Will take Tebati's action as shes away, still waiting on Kieran, who will be botted later tonight per my 24 hour rule.

Tebati gets to her feet and conjures a simple light upon the tip of Jakob's longspear, making it easier to see a threat appear from any of the three tunnels hes warding.

More information for Jakob and Ansha to follow.

Ansha:

You have intimate knowledge of these magical beasts, possibly even having firsthand experience with them.

You may view the Ankheg monster profile and you pretty much know it all, having met the DC and exceeded it by 15.

Link

Jakob:

An ankheg is a large-sized, burrowing insect with a dangerous bite and a tenacity matched only by its hunger. This result reveals all magical beast traits.

As well as its lethal bite with which it can latch on to its victims (Grab) an ankheg has a natural acidic venom which coats its mandibles and can be spit over short distances. Once an ankheg spits however, it takes a number of hours for it to build up its acid once more.

These natural tunnelers can see in most conditions, and have a extra sense that allows them to detect the slightest of movements through the earth (Tremorsense).

In addition to their Tremorsense, they are incredibly perceptive even with their normal vision; which includes low-light vision and dark vision.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Ansha's Wee Army:
Kieran rises, his expression one of pain, as he draws his sword and turns his eyes from one tunnel to the next, trying to see if he can discern anything.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Your Humble Narrator

Ansha's Posse:

Kieran's fairly sure something isn't hiding in the limited area of dim light he can make out; but he can hear the scuttling of a creature coming form the north tunnel entrance and swiftly gestures for Jakob to be ready for something coming from that direction.

Jeggare gets up to his feet and brings up his loaded heavy crossbow.

Sure enough, the sound of clacking mandibles heralds the arrival of a large, scuttling Ankheg that rushes at Jakob, noxious green ichor dripping menacingly from its teeth...

Link

Jakob, you have a readied action as well as an AOO to make. Brace applies only to the readied action. I'm drawing up a Map for my next post at the moment so thought you might like to roll your own attacks...


Your Humble Narrator

Ansha et al:

Heres the map. For simplicity, its not a low-light vision friendly map but I am taking it into account for Kieran and Jeggare with description etc.

Map


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

The amazing Ansha and her nondescript backup band:

Readied attack with Long spear 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, damage braced 1d8 + 3 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (5) + 3 = 14. Aoo on same target 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.Looks like one possible hit, could be worse.

The light flickers for a moment as Jakob attacks the arachnid.


Your Humble Narrator

Ansha's Clan:

As the ankheg bears down on him, Jakob has his feet firmly planted and with the momentum of the ankheg's charge, the spear tears through its armoured chitin as the ankheg oozes blood and ichor from the deep, impaling wound it received. Wrenching his spear free, Jakob lunges again while the wounded magical beast is closing on him, but he underestimates its speed. Up close and personal with Jakob, its mandibles writhe through the air in pain and rage; the ankheg lunges with terrifying speed for Jakob but he almost unconciously makes the slightest of movements to thwart the creature at every turn as it hisses in frustration.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Miss VS Jakob

Ankheg Sinkhole-

Round 2

Ordered Initiative-
Tebati- 21
Kieran- 18
Ansha- 9
Jeggare- 8
Jakob- 6
Ankheg-5

Active Effects-
Light on Jakob's weapon

Map-

Link

Notes-
Although the Ankheg is a Large creature, it only has 5 foot reach.

Action-

The group is up, though I recommend Jakob waits until Jeggare's action.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

It's late, I'm still on the road, and I haven't the mental energy to come up with a clever descriptor for the non-Qhude/N'bellocq group:
Sparing only a desperate glance up at the surface, Tebati rests her hand momentarily against Kieran's back. "Strike true," she urges him. Shimye-Magalla, let him find the eye of the storm. She reaches for Jakob's wand; she borrowed it to keep the warriors on their feet, and it looks like it might be needed in short order.

Round 2, Init 21
AC 15, hp 14/17, CMD 14
Standard: Bit of Luck on Kieran: until init 21 of round 3, Kieran rolls twice on every d20 roll and takes the better result; Move: draw clw wand


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

Ansha's Platoon:
Kieran smiles fondly at Tebati after she blesses him and then strikes at the large creature, hoping his sword can penetrate its thick armor-like hide. "It rather looks like a giant cockroach, or perhaps a spider, does it not?"

Round 2

Melee attack (masterwork Aldori dueling sword) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 [Critical Threat]
Melee attack (masterwork Aldori dueling sword) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage (slashing) 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Melee attack (masterwork Aldori dueling sword) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Melee attack (masterwork Aldori dueling sword) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 [Critical Hit Confirmation]
Damage (slashing) 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha's Clique:
Wincing at the precise cut Kieran gave the chitinous monster, Ansha slides the coil of rope into the crook of her elbow. On the off-chance the monstrosity was still alive, she invokes a word of power, her slender fingers dancing as if plucking the strings of a harp--or a puppet. As she finishes the short incantation, a haunting image of the enchantress appears before the possibly mortally-wounded creature's eyes, disorienting the beast as the image superimposes over its own sight, an image of the elflady quite possibly the last thing it will ever see.

Casting Daze (DC14).


Your Humble Narrator

Ansha's Assemblage:

After Jakob's powerful spear thrust, Kieran, blessed by his lover Tebati, executes a dazzling series of quick and vicious cuts. The Ankheg collapses from the pain, having failed to secure food for itself. As it begins to bleed out, its large body lands with a resounding THUD... that reverberates through the tunnels...

Ansha, please revise your action then i'll post Jeggare's. Incidentally, Daze only works against humanoids anyway.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha's Array:
You'd think I would have noticed that when I was looking at the PRD just before posting. Herp.

Retcon:

Wincing at the precise cut Kieran gave the chitinous monster, Ansha slides the coil of rope into the crook of her elbow. Sparing another glance over her shoulder toward the Bandu camp, the elf remains tense. "Watch yourselves," she calls down softly in the sudden silence. "There may be more about."

She looks over toward the boulder she spotted early that was suitable to anchor her rope around, but makes no move yet.

Delaying for this round in case/until more critters show up.


Your Humble Narrator

DM Only:

Kieran Perception- 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Jeggare Perception- 1d20 ⇒ 2
Ankheg Stealth- 1d20 ⇒ 12

Ansha's Knot:

Kieran makes out another Ankheg the others cannot yet see, due to either their ordinary vision or in Ansha's case, blocked line of sight. The large beast has scuttled into his vision from the east tunnel, trying to avoid notice as it approaches in the dim light. Its fifty feet or so from Jakob.

This happens on Init 9.

Jeggare apparently doesn't spot the Ankheg, but keeps his crossbow up and ready to shoot at any further threats.

Well struck both of you! the grizzled caravan master congratulates the pair. Miss Ansha, I don't suppose you'd be so kind as to actually lower that rope you're holding, we have more company... he says softly, voice tense.

Ansha and Jakob are up! Jeggare has a readied action. The Ankheg Kieran spots will act on init 9 next round.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha's Set:
Ansha hesitates, looking around behind her and under her feet as if afraid the ground is going to swallow her up. "I'd...love to, but I'm afraid another one of those is going to burrow up under me and eat me. You do know that they can sense you through the ground, don't you?" After another moment's hesitation, she starts to uncoil the rope and lower it down. She is careful to wrap her fingers, exposed as they are by her fingerless gloves, in the folds of her skirt as she holds on to the rope. "I don't know that I can hold the rope long enough for any of you to get up here, but there's a boulder I could possibly secure it to about a dozen paces from here...."

Calistria, Desna--whichever one of you is holding my fate today, may it not be to be sacrificed to a demon, skewered by a savage or eaten by an overgrown antlion. Especially not that last one.

She'll lower about 10 feet of the rope length down and do her best to brace herself, then wait unless someone else prods her to do something else.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

People rejected by the Qhude-N'bellocq axis:

"Kerian do you see any more?"

Second verse same as the first. Ready while awaiting target.


Your Humble Narrator

Anshas Slavering Horde:

Ankheg Sinkhole-

Round 3

Ordered Initiative-
Tebati- 21
Kieran- 18
Ansha- 9a
Ankheg- 9b
Jeggare- 8

Readied Action- Jakob

Active Effects-
Light on Jakob's weapon

Map-

Link

Notes-
Although Ankhegs are Large creature, it only has 5 foot reach.

Action-

The horde is up.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Circ de Ansha:

WOAH! Where did that come from! Does my readied round 2 action/aoo activate when the big bug moved into range? Confused.


Your Humble Narrator

Jakob:

That was the one you just skewered with Kieran. The red circle denotes incapacitated.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Mistakes were made:
Whew! Thanks for the clarity. Happily waiting for more things to come and eat us!


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Subterranean Quartet & Onlooking Elf:
Tebati's eyes shine with satisfaction for a brief moment as the huge insect collapses, flowing ichor, but before she can do more than begin to smile, Kieran's warning of the second arthropod approaching clouds her face with wariness once more. Sheathing her weapon, she hesitates a moment, wanting to gift Kieran with luck once again, but Jakob is nearer the threat and in greater danger. She brushes his arm and blesses him: "May she continue to smile on you." With a quick glance into the darkness that contains the danger she cannot see, she steps behind Jeggare, armed only with a healing wand.

Round 3, Init 21
AC 15, hp 14/17, CMD 14
Move: sheathe trident; Standard: Bit of Luck on Jakob: until init 21 of round 3, Jakob rolls twice on every d20 roll and takes the better result; 5-foot-step to put Jeggare between herself and the eastern tunnel

That braced spear does good damage when it hits; better give Jakob 2 chances at it.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

The Amazing Ansha's Subterranean Martial Arts Squad...Or Was It Ansha's Amazing Subterranean Martial Arts Squad?:
Still balking at the thought of leaving the relative safety of numbers, Ansha finally hisses in frustration. "I saw a boulder nearby that I might be able to secure this rope to. I'll be back in a few moments! If not, then an ankheg got me," she calls softly. Uncoiling the rope as she moves, she darts for the boulder she saw some forty feet away. [i]Why did I leave the caravan wagons' relative comfort behind again?[/ooc] she sighs to herself as she moves.

Double-move to the boulder.


Your Humble Narrator

Ansha's Tribe:

Botting Kieran.

Kieran forms up beside Jakob and keeps his blade held in readiness to strike, warning the others of another of the creatures about to attack from the darkness with his fine vision.

Ansha moves over to a sturdy looking boulder, out of sight of the others.

Moments later, the Ankheg surges through the east tunnel and into everyone's vision with frightening speed, powerful legs propelling it forward as it eagerly charges.

Jeggare swiftly fires, cursing as his bolt glances from the beast's powerful chitin. Jakob however, is more successful; as the beast closes his initial braced lunge is clumsy, but he has time for one attack as the Ankheg's clacking mandibles loom over him menacingly as it closes in for the kill. With a mighty cry and a powerful, two-handed lunge, Jakob's own combat prowess and strength is magnified manyfold by Tebati's power- guiding the head of his spear right through the softer carapace under the Ankheg's head! The spearhead tears right through the heavy beast, ripping through the creature's flesh and right out the other end. With the single blow, Jakob has impaled the Ankheg and it dies propped up by his straining muscles, collapsing as he barely manages to pull his longspear clear in triumph.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Jeggare readied action
1d10 ⇒ 8

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Jakob readied action
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Jakob readied action (Bit of Luck)
2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 7) + 6 = 21 Ouch, thats a shame...

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Jakob AOO

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Crit Confirm
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Bit of Luck
3d8 + 9 ⇒ (6, 8, 7) + 9 = 30

With the second Ankheg dispatched, Ansha quickly ties the rope to the boulder and calls for the group to ascend. You climb out of the sinkhole entirely unscathed and with Jeggare looking suitably impressed at Jakob's spearwork and Tebati's magic.

Looking down at the camp, you can see Qhude and N'bellocq have reached the camp's edge and theres a stir in the camp as it slowly reacts to them... It looks like your Ankheg delay may cost the pair dear...

What now?

Qhude & N'bellocq:

Sorry for the delay, can be awkward with PbP sometimes so thanks for your patience.

The Bandu begin to stir as your challenge echoes out over the camp and weapons are drawn, although the Bandu look a little unsure, no one yet throwing any javelins. Eventually, the old man you saw sharpening a dagger moves through the gathering crowd to address Qhude, although he keeps his distance. He addresses Qhude bluntly.

You have come for your woman?


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha's Legion:
"Now we really need to hurry," Ansha says as she finishes replacing her coil of rope in her backpack. Looking everyone over briefly, she smiles wryly. "No one looks any worse for wear."

She stops herself from making any more wisecracks about the various bruises other people took from the fall and starts moving toward the Bandu camp. "Let's go."

Can't think of any reason to deviate from the original plan. Especially now that the Bandu are starting to pay attention to events on the opposite side of camp.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Da Mwangi Bruvvers:
Qhude stays silent a few moments before tossing the severed head of the slaver forward to roll near the feet of the old man. Qhude holds gaze with the speaker "I am here for my woman... she was taken while I was relieving this one of his head. Bring her to me and I will leave... do not... and I will have inkani with you" Words spent for the moment, Qhude shows his teeth in a threatening grimace as he rolls his shoulders - both loosening his joints as well as making his strength evident to those watching.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 Plus whatever circumstance bonuses are deemed applicable.

No problems with the delay AK - is all good.
inkani - quarrel


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Heroes of the Ankheg Pit & Elven Spectator:
Tebati climbs out of the sinkhole glowing with pleasure at the triumph. Never before has her goddess favored her so greatly. Looking down toward the camp, she nods in agreement with Ansha's assessment. "If the Bandu have any ideas about attacking the two of them, the swift approach of a larger group ought to give them second thoughts about the wisdom of their plan. Qhude has had his chance to say his piece; now let us let the Bandu know he and N'bellocq are not alone."


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

The Elven Maiden and her Kickers of Arse:
As Kieran also emerges from the pit, he quickly moves towards Tebati, pulling the Mwangi priestess close and kissing her. "Well, that was fun," he declares as he finally pulls away, his expression equal parts exhilaration and regret, though it quickly gives way to his usual smile. "If only we had fought actual warriors and not overgrown bugs..."

His eyes linger on the cleric for a little longer before turning to the camp and N'bellocq and Qhude. "Although I may get my wish soon enough, yes?"


Your Humble Narrator
Qhude wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Qhude & N'bellocq:

The old man looks at Qhude slowly, not speaking for some time. The Bandu seem to be getting restless, in particular the younger warriors. Holding the sharpened blade, he points the tip at Qhude as he speaks, apparently adressing Qhude as well as the assembled Bandu-

Too many warriors were lost in today's raid. I am loathe to spill more blood- although I could order my umkhaya to finish you now I expect the two of you would still kill several of the young ones.

The old man produces a handful of small bones and charms from inside his robes and tosses them up into the air, scrutinising the results carefully as they land. He nods slowly, apparently satisfied.

Angazhan's will is clear. This one has his favor he begins to proclaim, pointing at Qhude- but a strong looking Bandu warrior interrupts him in anger.

Angazhan be damned! he shouts, to very mixed reactions from the Bandu; some of the surviving warriors of the raid murmuring in approval but most gathered making protective signs with their hands, warding off the disfavour of the demon lord.

The old man turns to the warrior, eyes ablaze...

umkhaya- family members/party

Obviously more is going to happen but I don't like assuming your just stood there watching unless thats what your actually doing at this moment. Let me know if your taking any actions or saying anything.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

N'Bellocq and Qhude, Sitting in a tree...:
Qhude is still as the older Bandu internally mulls. As their eyes hold, the Bas'o keeps his emotions in relative check and returns the gaze. At the words of the older one, Qhude begins to hope that the rescue might be smooth... but then the other intervenes.

Looking at the assembled Bandu, the grass begins to smoulder... unless checked it may begin to blaze.... Qhude takes a step forward and crows "Hoo!" attempting to draw the attention of the intervener away from the old man and unto himself.

I'm assuming that there is still a little distance (15-20ft or so) between me and the pack of warriors.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 in an attempt to determine if the one that interrupted was part of the raiding party or not.
Qhude would also continue speaking... though I'd know if I drew their attention first or not (fully aware that the older one may just talk over my own interruption).


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Kieran:
Tebati's laugh of delight as Kieran approaches her is cut off by his mouth on hers. She returns the kiss with fervor, her own blood high from the adrenalin of battle, and her eyes, when they part, promise the hero's reward he has been looking for, should they both survive the day. But first there are Qhude and her cousin to see to....

1,801 to 1,850 of 4,133 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM AK's Sargavan Saga All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.