Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Sargavan Saga

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"What is this place? Puzzles in Azlant, more magic than you see in a year in Absalom. Wheels literally within wheels. Bound demons and wax golems? The expense must have been enormous. But why? To what end?"

Jakob

Kingdom Rules | SRD Reference | Pyramid, Level 1 | Pyramid, Level 2 |


1,401 to 1,450 of 4,117 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4
Unwe wrote:
Go find a stream or a basin and wash yourself already, bruiser. Your not impressing anyone- not since last night, anyway.

Smirking slightly Qhude gives a short bow of acquiescence - and placates the gruff medic by cleansing the worst of the detritus from his frame. Definitely not clean by any stretch, but looking more like a weathered traveler than a man fresh from the abattoir.

Flextime - Tebati's Dawn Prayer

Mulling her statement for a moment, Qhude continues "Last night was the first time that it seemed all of our group walked the same path... as though the battle stripped away the cloth of words and spoke only in the need of the heart" touching his chest for emphasis "Even the one who left marked his spear in blood, but I also saw that once the lion and men were dead, words passed between you and Jakob... it did not seem as though they left you well at ease..." pausing slightly to see if Tebati would see fit to elaborate on her discussion with him.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Flextime - Tebati's Dawn Prayer

Qhude wrote:
Mulling her statement for a moment, Qhude continues "Last night was the first time that it seemed all of our group walked the same path... as though the battle stripped away the cloth of words and spoke only in the need of the heart" touching his chest for emphasis "Even the one who left marked his spear in blood, but I also saw that once the lion and men were dead, words passed between you and Jakob... it did not seem as though they left you well at ease..." pausing slightly to see if Tebati would see fit to elaborate on her discussion with him.

She sighs, averting her eyes from his face. "It was ... Jakob being Jakob. I was still shaken from the battle and angry at the half-elf's defense of the Custodian's policy on slavery or I might have been more patient with him. You know what he is. He had a plan; I did not agree; therefore, my understanding or my heart is defective." She smirks up at him a little wearily. "He thinks we should leave the caravan and the soldiers and travel alone."


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Flextime - Tebati's Dawn Prayer

Shrugging his shoulders "All cockerels feel the need to crow....." Qhude then sits silent for a few moments more before adding with a small shake of his head as though dismissing a thought "Your cousin shot well... we will both be well dressed when the hides are cured"


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati's Dawn Prayer

She smiles with genuine warmth to hear N'bellocq praised. "He was not at his best in the Trial of Marksmanship, but if the colonials had seen him shooting last night, he could have won their prize. Perhaps one of the targets should have been in the shape of a lion." Glancing across the campsite to catch sight of N'bellocq, she sees Ansha speaking with the prisoners, and her smile fades. "What will be done with those two when Ansha has learned all she can from them?" she wonders. "Will they join their brothers in the pit?" She nods toward the fresh earth of the mass grave.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

At Tebati's Dawn Prayer

As his brows furrow Qhude's mind is turned to memories of his strange conversation with Ansha in the library I wonder what she will do to them while learning what she can though leaves the thought unspoken "We have no use for prisoners so I should think them killed. We would have fared no better in their hands... I have troubled you enough Sangoma" and he rises to his feet to deliver a short bow and touches his right hand to chest. Unless called to stay, he then moves off to eat breakfast.


Your Humble Narrator

The ferret approaches the offered food cautiously, nibbling greedily on the apple. It keeps a wary eye on Jakob as it eats, but seems to get more comfortable with his presence.

Flextime- The previous night with Tebati and Unwe-

Tebati wrote:


Serving the country that let your family beg to survive? And the price of a dignified existence is to offer its daughter's life to be taken in battle? she wonders but keeps her thoughts from her face. "General Morvius must be quite an example to you then: a Mwangi who has risen so far."

Hes one of a rare breed, sadly. Its hard for a woman, let alone a Mwangi woman, to rise through the ranks- but in the past decade it has become possible. Thats not to say i'm completely enamoured with my life in the army, but ultimately we all do what we have to, don't we. This is a better life than I had before our family started co-operating. I... I have an older brother. He chose a different path; and i'm convinced my choice was the better one. I have friends, i'm paid a fair wage and I don't have to watch my family starve or toil to an early grave in the fields.

Nothing in particular's actually planned to happen this morning, just wanted to set the scene a little and allow some more RP after the battle. People ready to start moving on with the caravan journey?


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Still curious what Ansha can find out from the prisoners, but other than that, I'm ready to move on. I'm sure Tebati wants to know whether she needs to wail at the injustice of it all with what's done to the prisoners after questioning, too. ;P


Your Humble Narrator

Sorry for some reason I had it in my mind I was waiting on you Ansha. I'll get an update on that later.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
The ferret approaches the offered food cautiously, nibbling greedily on the apple. It keeps a wary eye on Jakob as it eats, but seems to get more comfortable with his presence.

Jakob sits comfortably a few feet from the snacking rodent.

"Life is pretty simple for you brave one. So long as yoyu have apples and sunlight, life is good. Not so simple for us two footed stompers. We worry about right and wrong and pointless murder. Oh well I suppose it is the price we pay for having all the apples."

.....

"No I don't think it is worth it either. Good luck brave one."

DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
. People ready to start moving on with the caravan journey?

Ready to move on.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati is waiting for the outcome of Ansha's interrogation and to find out what the caravan intends to do with the prisoners.


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

After checking on his hide and its preparation for travel, N'bellocq will take some fruit and step away from the camp for a moment.

He goes not so far that he could not hear a commotion, but enough that the sounds and smells of the camp are behind him. Eating his fruit he breathes deep and listens to the sounds of the jungle. He sits against a huge tree, and clears his mind of the urine, blood, sweat, and death of the night before. Unconsciously he rubs at the scars on his ankles as he enjoys the moment of freedom away from the caravan.

He finds a sunny spot and pushes the fruit cores into the soil, perhaps to feed another traveler some day.

He makes his way back to the camp reluctantly. Once there he checks his bow string, and walks to the supply wagon to refill his quiver with arrows.

Ready to go


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude also ready to move on


Your Humble Narrator
Ansha Saeralyan wrote:


Sense Motive: 1d20
Heal: 1d20

Ansha frowns at the one who cursed at her, giving him an exaggeratedly-hurt look. "That's hardly any way to talk to me, my friend. We are all friends here," she says. Quietly, she begins murmuring the words to a spell, her hands making small, clipped gestures that are no less exact for their attempted inobtrusiveness. Charm Person (DC15) on the one that cursed at her.

Ansha:

Your no expert in these things, but you do get the vague impression that both of these fine fellows are suffering from withdrawal symptons from the drug they were on during the fight- perhaps they are already addicts. It would be somewhat dubious ethically, but allowing their addiction to continue and worsen then using the drug as a leverage might make for a very effective interrogation technique.

1d20 ⇒ 12

You can feel the man try his best to resist, but the enchantment magic overwhelms him. His gaze becomes a little slack-eyed as he looks up at Ansha much more favorably.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

"Good," Ansha murmurs quietly as she sees the charm take hold. She takes a seat on the earth nearby the more pliable of the two prisoners, knees up and legs crossed at the shins. "So what were you doing out this way, anyway? I'm surprised anyone even knew where we were," she asks, addressing the charmed prisoner with a much more conversational approach.

Diplomacy (if necessary): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Charisma check (if necessary): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Your Humble Narrator

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15 Opposed Charisma Check

The Mwangi man seems to be struggling with what to tell Ansha.

[b]I... I'm sorry friend, I swore solemn oaths to keep my silence on our objectives. Perhaps I could help you in some other way? You can't be as bad as these others, maybe I could take you back to Eleder and introduce you to the faction i'm part of; I could give you a recommendation?


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

"I'd love that," Ansha replies. "Perhaps you could point me in the direction of your friends? A name or something? In case the worst happens and you can't introduce me yourself--that way, I can still serve the cause."

After the charmed man responds (whether in the affirmative or negative), she adds, "On the other hand, they're not exactly very good friends if they're giving you just enough of the good drugs to get you into a fight out here, and to the Abyss with what happens to you afterward. But we're friends, right? I've got some stashed away for you. That's what a true friend does, right?"

She glances to the other prisoner and repeats the same furtive motions and muttered words. Charm Person (DC15). "What about you, my friend? Have you got any answers for me?"

Diplomacy (again, if applicable): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Charisma check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Did we find additional quantities of the drug when we were policing the battlefield the previous night?


Your Humble Narrator

Albert and the soldiers did pretty much all of the picking over the bodies. Blood Sap wasn't listed anywhere in the inventory they took.

1d20 ⇒ 6 Will save

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7 Cha check

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Ansha bluff

1d20 - 5 ⇒ (4) - 5 = -1 Sense Motive 1

1d20 - 5 ⇒ (1) - 5 = -4 Sense Motive 2

The second man fares little better than the first against the enchantment, but waits for his companion to finish speaking before chiming in.

1st Man-

Oh, you recovered some of the Blood Sap we had on us- we had a good sized stash with us, its... useful stuff. Your my friend, you'll get me some, right? Thanks. And put in a good word for us with your allies- we're being very co-operative- if you want to learn more about the Freemen Brotherhood you should look for our man in Eleder- ask around for a fellow named Khalipha in the market.

2nd Man-

Come now Izogie- we owe her better than that after the insults we spat at her before we made friends. We had men watching that General in Eleder- and we've been tailing the caravan for days. Our mission leader decided tonight was the best time to attack, to disrupt whatever nefarious plan the Government has you doing for them. I think he knew more, but your brute killed him; we don't really favor written correspondence.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha smiles at the two. "No, we didn't recover any of yours. But if you tell me where it is, I can get that too." She glances at Albert curiously, careful to hide the question in her mind from the two prisoners and the officer himself. Did they have a camp nearby? Or did Albert just not inform us of that particular discovery?


Your Humble Narrator

We had it in our camp but also a little extra with us- in small pouches on our belts. The craving's beginning to set in now, if you could find some... the captive says with a hint of pleading.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

"Where is your camp? I'll make sure we get that as well. Can't have you going without, after all," Ansha said, casting another sidelong glance at Albert.


Your Humble Narrator

We took shelter a little to the north. Doubt the camp's still there though. The one who ran away would have taken everything he could carry back to the city.

Albert moves close to Ansha, whispering-

Madam, is your magic... reliable? We found no such pouches on the men.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha nods at Albert, whispering in reply, "As far as they're aware, they had pouches on them. Perhaps this 'one who ran away' managed to sneak off with it all after the fight? Or...perhaps there's something else going on here? They may have been deceived somehow, though. Maybe send a couple of people to look?"


Your Humble Narrator

Albert nods.

I'll get the boys to go through what we took one more time in case they missed it.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha looks back at the two prisoners, raising her voice again to a normal volume. "Thanks for the help, you two. I'll be back soon," she said. She smiled as she stood up and left the two of the prisoners, motioning for Albert to follow and leading the officer to the opposite end of camp. "Anything else you want me to ask of them? If not, I think we've gotten all we will. Now what?"


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

"Yes, now what?" Tebati adds, stepping up on the other side of Albert. She avoided being near the actual interrogation but kept a wary eye on the area; when she saw Ansha move away with the squad's leader, she followed. "What do you intend to do with the prisoners?"


Your Humble Narrator

I'm not much of a thinker, I just follow my orders. If your satisfied with their answers, thats enough for me.

Albert turns and listens patiently to Tebati's interruption. He looks a little unsure and takes a few moments to pace and think before voicing his thoughts.

Standard procedure would be to detain them until they can be sent back to Eleder for trial and imprisonment- but I can't spare any troops to escort them back and they could be a liability on the road; I have little doubt the bloodthirsty f@!+ers would have little qualms about slitting throats in the night. We can't guarantee that if they knew about this expedition, they don't have a spy among the hirelings. I was given orders that my highest priority is to keep this caravan safe. I think i'm going to have to send their souls screaming to the Boneyard.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

Tebati nods impassively. "May I speak to them before they are executed? They are not my people, but I am the closest thing to a shaman they will find here. They may have been ready to die in the heat of battle, but that is a different thing than facing death deliberately in the cold light of day."


Your Humble Narrator

By all means, go ahead. Morvius made it clear to me to respect each of your opinions and its a reasonable suggestion. I was hoping to hear from Jakob as well though- Jakob! he calls to the Oracle, repeating his reasoning to him and other members of the group who happen along.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude is sitting down back against a wagon wheel in the shade restfully. He looks up at the sound of the yell, but as the call was for Jakob - he does not move from his position of rest.


Your Humble Narrator

Unwe moves over to Qhude, little hesitation in her voice as she folds her arms across her chest and asks him-

Qhude, do you believe that fighting against the Sargavan government is a worthy cause, or a futile one? Have you ever been tempted to join the Mzali, and help to make the Expanse one Mwangi nation?

Btw Tebati i'm guessing the conversation with Unwe filtered out last night? Never got a reply.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Btw Tebati i'm guessing the conversation with Unwe filtered out last night? Never got a reply.
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Flextime- The previous night with Tebati and Unwe-

Hes one of a rare breed, sadly. Its hard for a woman, let alone a Mwangi woman, to rise through the ranks- but in the past decade it has become possible. Thats not to say i'm completely enamoured with my life in the army, but ultimately we all do what we have to, don't we. This is a better life than I had before our family started co-operating. I... I have an older brother. He chose a different path; and i'm convinced my choice was the better one. I have friends, i'm paid a fair wage and I don't have to watch my family starve or toil to an early grave in the fields.

Mm, yeah, she probably would have let it drop by just wishing her well in her chosen path or something like that. She doesn't feel it's her place to try to talk someone else out of what they've chosen for their life, even if it's not something she's enthusiastic about -- not unless she was specifically asked her opinion about it. It's not like she has a viable alternative for Unwe at this point, anyway. She likes her and wants to make it clear she's open to further friendly chats along the journey, though.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Qhude casts his eyes upwards to regard the Mwangi woman, sensing the challenge in the female's voice. After a few moments pause he replies from his recumbent position "I fight only for myself... and those who are my umkhaya." eyes flickering to his companions.

He weighs his words before continuing "I have no desire to fight for a child god and live and die at his whim. I also have no desire to fight for an indaba that is not worth my respect." Such as the Kalabutan Alban. His eyes grow hard as he holds gaze with Unwe "My fist belongs to Morvius."

umkhaya - family members
indaba - chief


Your Humble Narrator
Qhude wrote:

Qhude casts his eyes upwards to regard the Mwangi woman, sensing the challenge in the female's voice. After a few moments pause he replies from his recumbent position "I fight only for myself... and those who are my umkhaya." eyes flickering to his companions.

He weighs his words before continuing "I have no desire to fight for a child god and live and die at his whim. I also have no desire to fight for an indaba that is not worth my respect." Such as the Kalabutan Alban. His eyes grow hard as he holds gaze with Unwe "My fist belongs to Morvius."

umkhaya - family members
indaba - chief

Unwe nods approvingly. but her curiousity is also piqued. Her words are chosen carefully-

General Alban? Hes somewhat legendary among the military, mostly for his disdain of our race although his accomplishments are noteworthy. Have you met him? Somehow I don't expect you made friends at a dinner party. Not an enemy you'd want, although his "promotion" she laughs quietly mid-sentence at the word to Kalabuto has helped to limit his power and influence. He represents an archaic Sargava that many of the old guard want to preserve. I am glad your fist is for Morvius.

Unwe's eyes smoulder dangerously as her gaze seems to take in Qhude in a very intense manner.

Is it too soon for you to refer to me as umkhaya? Didn't you only meet the others recently?


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

At the mention of Alban Qhude's jaw tightens as the memories replay in his mind. The further mention of Kalabuto dredges up more unhappy thoughts. "I have met Alban... we did not part in good terms and if I met him again I would not extend a hand in greeting."

Uncomfortable with the intensity of Unwe's gaze Qhude squirms somewhat as he gives a half answer "Indaba Morvius has bid us to escort the wagons, so..." trailing off before answering the second question "I may not have known them long, but we have shared enough for me to know the strength of their hearts" Before adding to only himself in thought well all but Ansha and Jakob at the least.

Trying the turn the subject back upon Unwe, Qhude asks "What of you? - are the others you walk with as your kin?"


Your Humble Narrator

Qhude that was my bad, for some reason I read your italic as speech (i've been up all night and its 8AM is my only defence). Thanks for rolling with it. We'll just say Unwe is particularly intuitive this morning... Or Qhude's meeting with Alban was particularly quick on the rumor mill.

I've not been in the squad for that long, but it does function as a little family I suppose. Its very different from ordinary soldier life as our assignments frequently vary and its usually just the six of us. I suppose... yes, they are my umkhaya. But bonds forged in battle are the strongest- I hope before this assignment finishes, we will all part as good friends, your company and mine.

Unwe looks down at where Qhude is sat, a little reproachingly; and points her finger at him.

And for that to happen, you and the noble born are going to have to get over whatevers got you avoiding each other. Yes. It really is that obvious. Do I need to throw you into a wagon together to make it happen?

Her tone is a little less serious and a lot more teasing towards the end of her speech.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

:) - it's all good. The stand-off was in a room full of guards, so it's not too much of a stretch for gossip to spread. I thought it might have been a slip when I first read it, but no harm no foul.

Despite the jovial request, Qhude's face is cut from stone as he replies "It is not upon me to mend that which I did not break." as his choleric humour starts to rise within. Qhude feels the white heat distant and moves to quench it, rising from his sitting position. It is clear to Unwe that it is not just anger that rises, but a sense of profound sadness as well.

DM AK - this post is only half-done. Before I finish off this action, can I get a confirmation on the following:
Is Unwe wearing her armor? - and what remains visible of her wounds from the last night?


Your Humble Narrator

As far as you know, they rarely take their armour off. They seem to have had training to sleep in medium armour. Unwe is still a little wounded but is mostly healed and she is fully armoured.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Standing close to Unwe he continues "Wounds of the flesh can be easily healed" placing his right hand hesitantly but gently upon Unwe's shoulder near to where the javelin struck her "But the noble born has cut into my umoya... he must show that he understands what he has done before it can be mended." his hand lingering in place as he looks into Unwe's eyes.

umoya - spirit / soul


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4

Ansha frowns momentarily at Tebati's interruption, though she hides the look quickly. "I'd love to find another use for them, but I'm afraid my spells will only last a few hours. After that, the best I can manage is that they might not think of me quite as harshly. Still, such a waste." She shrugged her slender shoulders and stood silently while the conversation continued, her piece having been said for now.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

"Would you keep them as pets by your magic?" she asks Ansha a bit reproachfully. "Have they not been enslaved long enough?" She doesn't move toward the prisoners, though, suspecting that the discussion is about to take a different tack when Jakob chimes in.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
By all means, go ahead. Morvius made it clear to me to respect each of your opinions and its a reasonable suggestion. I was hoping to hear from Jakob as well though- Jakob! he calls to the Oracle, repeating his reasoning to him and other members of the group who happen along.

Jakob strides purposefuly towards Albert and the others. The stern look on his face mitigated somewhat by the ferret bounding beside him fore a moment. The brave one gets one look at the crowd and deciding there are more stomps than apples in the near future, vanishes into the jungle.

Jakob listens to Albert's argument his face growing sadder as the man speaks.

"I understand your arguments but I cannot agree with your conclusion. The caravan cannot spare an escort or carry further prisoners so I agree that standard procedure cannot be followed. I also do not doubt you about a spy though I must point out that our exit from the city was anything but quiet and a runner much less a horseman could easily have gotten ahead of us. Our destination is likely well known to any interested parties and I could follow our path. This is far from a secret mission.
So far I agree with you fully, but no farther. You say that your highest priority is the saftey of the caravan so ask yourself how killing these men impacts that. We can easily be found so we will not be clouding our enemies eyes with this blood. Killing them would deprive the foe of two semi-competent fighters but as the freedmen's league is not known to be short on manpower this would be little more than a gesture. So I do not see much benefit to killing them. Now consider the cost.
First off and at a very trivial level I will be disappointed, both in you and in the Custodian and in the larger cause. This is likely not an important concern but it might matter later. More importantly killing them sends a message that we are their direct foe. Currently we are just a cog in the machine that they hate. Part of a plan they wish to disrupt, but if we kill prisoners then we draw attention and anger towards us personally. Warriors who fight for money or even for a cause do not fight as hard as those fighting to avenge a friend. We do not need to draw this anger.
Next, killing these men will hurt us. It will coarsen us. You say that these 'bloodthirsty f+**ers' would kill us in our sleep. The implication there is that we would not kill them in a similar fashion, that we are made of better stuff. So how is killing them tied up different from killing them asleep?
Can we show them, and their friends, that we are able to take the less bloody path? We have here not only two prisoners but also two messengers to our shadowy foe. Killing them sends one message. Letting them go another I know which message I would rather send."


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4

"And yet you made no objection last night when the order was given to kill their companions, fallen but not yet as good as dead," Tebati challenges quietly. "Does the fact that these men are conscious make them more worthy of your mercy than their brothers?"


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

N'bellocq walks up and looks each man hard in the face. He rubs a smear of mud on each forehead "These men are dead. We know it, they know it. They died trying to kill us, trying to feed us to wild beasts. Shimye-Magalla's fate left them alive enough to talk to us, but the Ghost Debt now stalks their footsteps, having not found them in their graves. How they choose to act now likely matters in how long their ghosts are kept at bay? I would release them to make terms with the spirits, or tie them up and give them a dull knife."

Feel free to consider this complete bunk if you wish. N'bellocq has formed his own beliefs of Shimye-Magalla while on the River, a mixture of what he was told as a kid mixed with stories of Ju-ju and the Gods he heard from the Rivermen.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Tebati wrote:
"And yet you made no objection last night when the order was given to kill their companions, fallen but not yet as good as dead," Tebati challenges quietly. "Does the fact that these men are conscious make them more worthy of your mercy than their brothers?"

"I was not aware of that order nor was my opinion on it sought. Since i am aware of it know I must say that I consider it a grave mistake that we may well pay for in blood. But that is the past; I do not have the power to change it. This is the present and as my opinion was sought on this order I can only say that there is little wisdom in compounding that past mistake with a present avoidable tragedy."


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4
Tebati wrote:
"Would you keep them as pets by your magic?" she asks Ansha a bit reproachfully. "Have they not been enslaved long enough?" She doesn't move toward the prisoners, though, suspecting that the discussion is about to take a different tack when Jakob chimes in.

Ansha shrugs. "All men are slaves to something." Leaning back against the nearby wagon, she looks around idly, seeming disinterested in the conversation, only chiming in to add, "Fanatics rarely listen to reason." By the tone of her voice and the timing of her utterance, it's unclear whether she means the prisoners...or Jakob.


Female Human (Bonuwat) Cleric 4
Ansha Saeralyan wrote:
Ansha shrugs. "All men are slaves to something."

Tebati raises an eyebrow at the elf. "And why not you?" she suggests dryly.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 4
Tebati wrote:
Tebati raises an eyebrow at the elf. "And why not you?" she suggests dryly.

A catty smile is Ansha's only reply to the barb.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 2nd/Rogue 2nd

"I did not see reasonable men during the fight, Jakob," Kieran offers, "and I very much doubt I will see such men once Ansha's spell wears off. I do not particularly like the idea of an... execution; if I am to kill someone, I would rather it be during a duel or battle of some sort. Much more honest that way."

He pauses for a moment, a sigh escaping his lips. "Still, letting them go creates a loose end and, I am willing to bet, another opportunity for them to strike at us again. I do not like loose ends. Gods know, I have enough of those already." A somewhat drier smile than his usual one appears briefly on his face.

"There is an alternative, of course, one that might find Qhude in agreement, were he here. Trial by combat. A more... honorable death, if you will, or a chance at freedom." He shrugs. "Just a thought, mind you. Perhaps a less distasteful one."


Your Humble Narrator

Albert sits down, listening to the rapidly expanding conversation and not offering anything more himself. By this point, Jeggare is also also standing off to one side listening.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Kieran Markavien wrote:

"I did not see reasonable men during the fight, Jakob," Kieran offers, "and I very much doubt I will see such men once Ansha's spell wears off. I do not particularly like the idea of an... execution; if I am to kill someone, I would rather it be during a duel or battle of some sort. Much more honest that way."

He pauses for a moment, a sigh escaping his lips. "Still, letting them go creates a loose end and, I am willing to bet, another opportunity for them to strike at us again. I do not like loose ends. Gods know, I have enough of those already." A somewhat drier smile than his usual one appears briefly on his face.

"There is an alternative, of course, one that might find Qhude in agreement, were he here. Trial by combat. A more... honorable death, if you will, or a chance at freedom." He shrugs. "Just a thought, mind you. Perhaps a less distasteful one."

Jakob stares at Kieran. Clearly apalled at his final suggestion.

"There is no loose end here. Remember that at least one of the attackers ran. We have already let one go, freeing two more will do no harm and may well speak in our favor should one of us be captured. You are correct in saying that there were few reasonable people in the battle, but these fools did not plan the ambush. There is a mind behind them. It is not a sure thing that having a reputation for sparing your enemies will gaurentee that you will be spared in turn, but having a reputation for killing prisoners would largely preclude any such mercy."

Forgive me if I have misread your humor Mr. Markavian but I would have thought you to have had your fill of unfair bloodsports back in the city."

1,401 to 1,450 of 4,117 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM AK's Sargavan Saga All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.