Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Sargavan Saga

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"What is this place? Puzzles in Azlant, more magic than you see in a year in Absalom. Wheels literally within wheels. Bound demons and wax golems? The expense must have been enormous. But why? To what end?"

Jakob

Kingdom Rules | SRD Reference | Pyramid, Level 1 | Pyramid, Level 2 |


151 to 200 of 3,086 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Qhude earlier indicated he was okay with Brawn and Combat:

Qhude wrote:

Managed to catch a very short window of net and wanted to weigh in.

Brawn will be A good fit for me - 22 str raging power attack should make some kindling.

Combat I can do also, but will need to be careful to conserve my rage rounds in the day.

Cavalier would be fun, though fair warning that Qhude has an ... Unusual jousting style.... he does probably manage a decent CMB though...


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Oops missed that, thanks.

Current line up

Endurance, magic - Tebati
Combat, magic - Qhude and Picklebeard

Cavaliers, no magic - Jakob
Performance, magic - Ansha

Athleticism no magic - Kierian??? and N'bellocq
Brawn no magic - Qhude

Marksmanshipno magic - N'bellocq
Teamwork, unknown - all

anyone with a ??? after their name has not said they are happy with the assigned slot.


Male Human

AS for me, I am fine with any of the Combat, Cavaliers, Performance or Athleticism trials, as I also mentioned a few posts ago. :-)

So, I guess we more or less have our lineup then. Time for the fun part.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

I'm back in the land of internet again - and will be heading to the IC thread next. Fully happy with my two trials and looking forward to it :)

Probably best you didn't put Qhude in the Cavalier trial, as I envisaged him forsaking the use of the lance and just jumping out the saddle at the other bloke trying to snot him.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
F. Castor wrote:

AS for me, I am fine with any of the Combat, Cavaliers, Performance or Athleticism trials, as I also mentioned a few posts ago. :-)

So, I guess we more or less have our lineup then. Time for the fun part.

Sorry I seem to have a blind spot for Kerian. Odd.


Jakob Mulle wrote:

Sorry I seem to have a blind spot for Kerian. Odd.

You definitely have a blind spot for how to spell Kieran's name. XD


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Qhude wrote:

I'm back in the land of internet again - and will be heading to the IC thread next. Fully happy with my two trials and looking forward to it :)

Probably best you didn't put Qhude in the Cavalier trial, as I envisaged him forsaking the use of the lance and just jumping out the saddle at the other bloke trying to snot him.

That would add a certain something to the competition. ;7)

Now my only question is to use the boon for the ride check or save it for the finale. I'll just play it by ear.

Final line up barring deaths.

Endurance, magic - Tebati
Combat, magic - Qhude and Picklebeard

Cavaliers, no magic - Jakob
Performance, magic - Ansha

Athleticism no magic - Kierian and N'bellocq
Brawn no magic - Qhude

Marksmanship, no magic - N'bellocq
Teamwork, unknown - all


Ansha wrote:
Jakob Mulle wrote:

Sorry I seem to have a blind spot for Kerian. Odd.

You definitely have a blind spot for how to spell Kieran's name. XD

That's all right; we'll just all start calling him Jacob Mule. ;)


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Not an auspicious start to the race, but remember it's always a bad marathon tactic to go sprinting out at the starting whistle :)

Last out the traps should also mean that the others will hopefully use up their dastardly tricks on each other to let you sneak by toward the end.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

This is the music running through my head while I'm reading the updates on Tebati's event.

Taldor

Male
Qhude wrote:
This is the music running through my head while I'm reading the updates on Tebati's event.

Sadly, I don't get sound at work (nor do I have my notes on my NPC's, I can essentially run them from memory) but the videos making me grin in anticipation nonetheless.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

It's the opening theme song from a 1980s American Classic road movie - Cannonball Run

The song itself is kind of corny, but it evokes all sorts of childhood memories of watching the movie. Hugely enjoyable if you can stretch past some dodgy dialogue and 1980s cultural stereotypes.

Taldor

Male

Before my time really , doesn't ring a bell to me.


Qhude wrote:
This is the music running through my head while I'm reading the updates on Tebati's event.

I thought it was going to be "Chariots of Fire." That soundtrack might be a little too stately for a race full of blatant bad sportsmanship and awaiting the release of devils to attack the hindmost, though. ;)

I've heard of "Cannonball Run" but never seen it. Slightly before my time, too, I suppose. Plus, I was a girl. :)


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

I was thinking Chariots of Fire too...but then I thought, with all the dirty tricks,...Benny Hill! Especially now that they are all chasing Tebati. :)


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)

Cannonball run was a very silly movie but you have to see it to inderstand 80's america. Also Dom Deluise was one of the funniest people to ever grace this benighted planet.


Considering it came out in 1981 and was based on an actual race from 1979, it might be more helpful to understanding late '70s America. :)

If I had to pick an emblematic '80s movie, I'd go with something from later in the actual decade: probably one of the Brat Pack movies, like The Breakfast Club or St. Elmo's Fire. Even Back to the Future, or, to pick a movie made later but believably based in the '80s, The Wedding Singer.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
Joana wrote:

Considering it came out in 1981 and was based on an actual race from 1979, it might be more helpful to understanding late '70s America. :)

If I had to pick an emblematic '80s movie, I'd go with something from later in the actual decade: probably one of the Brat Pack movies, like The Breakfast Club or St. Elmo's Fire. Even Back to the Future, or, to pick a movie made later but believably based in the '80s, The Wedding Singer.

Granted, perhaps watch Cannonball and say Logan's Run or 1776 to get a feel for 70's america?


Picklebeard wrote:

He looks to his shoulder where Verithrex is perched.

"Verithrex you be a good lizard now and go fer the eyes if anyun' gets too close ya hear?"
Minsc wrote:
Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!

:)


Male Human

Butt-kicking for goodness! ;-)


Joana wrote:
Picklebeard wrote:

He looks to his shoulder where Verithrex is perched.

"Verithrex you be a good lizard now and go fer the eyes if anyun' gets too close ya hear?"
Minsc wrote:
Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!
:)

I loved that miniature giant space hamster and his dense human sidekick, Minsc, too.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Ansha wrote:
Joana wrote:
Picklebeard wrote:

He looks to his shoulder where Verithrex is perched.

"Verithrex you be a good lizard now and go fer the eyes if anyun' gets too close ya hear?"
Minsc wrote:
Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!
:)
I loved that miniature giant space hamster and his dense human sidekick, Minsc, too.

A friend of mine is 6' 7" buffed and bald. He did a Minsk and Boo contume with his 2yo daughter. Someday I'll get him to scan the pictures.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Go Tebati! - doing well.

And looks like we get at least some points in the combat category. I just hope it's single elimination and not round-robin....


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Qhude wrote:

Go Tebati! - doing well.

And looks like we get at least some points in the combat category. I just hope it's single elimination and not round-robin....

Summoned devils and multiple matches.

I no longer have any hope of points in the joust. I just hope I survive.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

And Tebati brings home the bacon :) - good start to the day.

Don't worry too much Jakob.... I'm sure you'll be fine.....


Your Humble Narrator

3. Trial of Cavaliers- A non-lethal jousting contest. Magic is prohibited. Suitable equipment will be provided.

Not every event is going to be catered for blood sport fans.


Well Qhude it seems I'll be soon enough joining you on the front lines with my walking stick if we have more combats after this upcoming one.


Your Humble Narrator
Picklebeard wrote:
Well Qhude it seems I'll be soon enough joining you on the front lines with my walking stick if we have more combats after this upcoming one.

I have been looking forward to your quarterstaff antics.

Shall I go ahead and update up to the next combat?

I've also realised that while these trials sounded great in my mind, its led to a lot of the party being reduced to lurkers for a time. I apologise for that, and hope its been at least a bit cinematic. These two trials are probably going to be the longest ones to run through.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

DM - go right ahead for next combat. It does get shared around though, next two trials are completely new sets of people. For my part I'm enjoying being an observer as well as participant.

Pickle - so long as you go down swinging ;)


Ready when you are!


The spectators can always talk amongst ourselves while we're watching the other trials. I'm looking forward to talking with the others about the other teams while not running from bloodthirsty devils. :)


Your Humble Narrator

Next update when I get back from work (not enough time to do one here)


DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Picklebeard wrote:
Well Qhude it seems I'll be soon enough joining you on the front lines with my walking stick if we have more combats after this upcoming one.

I have been looking forward to your quarterstaff antics.

Shall I go ahead and update up to the next combat?

I've also realised that while these trials sounded great in my mind, its led to a lot of the party being reduced to lurkers for a time. I apologise for that, and hope its been at least a bit cinematic. These two trials are probably going to be the longest ones to run through.

Especially given that the characters not participating seem to be allowed to spectate, at least it gives a chance for character development. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm all for continuing to the next combat, though.


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

I am enjoying it. No worries.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
Picklebeard wrote:
Well Qhude it seems I'll be soon enough joining you on the front lines with my walking stick if we have more combats after this upcoming one.

Remember your evil eye. It is farm more powerful than it looks. Imagine what Qhude could do to a foe suffering a -2 to hit and AC.


Male Human Haunted Nature Oracle 4 (Ac 20 Cmd 20 Will+4 Ref+2 Fort+4)
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Picklebeard wrote:
Well Qhude it seems I'll be soon enough joining you on the front lines with my walking stick if we have more combats after this upcoming one.

I have been looking forward to your quarterstaff antics.

Shall I go ahead and update up to the next combat?

I've also realised that while these trials sounded great in my mind, its led to a lot of the party being reduced to lurkers for a time. I apologise for that, and hope its been at least a bit cinematic. These two trials are probably going to be the longest ones to run through.

Please go ahead. I am also enjoying being a spectator. As soon as I saw the way the trials were set up I knew there would be down time for the non-involved players so it is expected and not a problem. The trials are fun.

However Jakob is rather disgusted at the devil trick and is seriously reconsidering working for these people.


Male Human

Enjoying it as well, so no worries. :-)


AK, by my reckoning, Tebati used 3 of her 6 daily rounds of Agile Feet, one for the first stretch of mud and 2 for the second. Is that right?


Your Humble Narrator

Yup.


Ah crap. I posted in the IC thread instead of OOC! Sorry AK!


Your Humble Narrator

It happens :). Way too tired to update tonight but I have friday off so i'll be able to post lots tomorrow and on the weekend.


Male Human (Mwangi - Bas'o tribe) Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist archetype) 4

Better put the kettle on and fire up another sleep spell Picklebeard... Looks like this one will be a bit more interesting.


N'bellocq wrote:

Feeling the quick hug, N'bellocq is surprised to find Tebati next to him.

"--, ------! ---- --- ---------! ---- ----!" He gives her a much bigger hug and spins her around before finally regaining his composure, but the big grin remains.

He turns to the guard. "----- -- ----- --- --- -- --- ----- -- -----?"

LOL! :D


Ansha wrote:
This whole thing with spoilering everything for Tebati's deafness might get old fast. Cool idea though, N'bellocq!

Just be glad no one's playing a deaf oracle. ;)


Joana wrote:
Ansha wrote:
This whole thing with spoilering everything for Tebati's deafness might get old fast. Cool idea though, N'bellocq!
Just be glad no one's playing a deaf oracle. ;)

No kidding!


Your Humble Narrator

Picklebeard:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderR PG/general/fAQUpdateBrewPotionGotReNerfed

^ Brew Potion nerf.

Between this and my house rule for crafting (100% cost), i'm happy for you to re-pick this hex if you wish after the fight.


Male Human (Ijo) Monk 4 (Zen Archer)

Yeah. I did that, hopefully, as a one-time joke. Glad it was enjoyed :)


In the Combat trial, is there only one match going on at a time, or are there, say, three arenas where two teams faced off against each other in the first round? (Nothing Tebati would know about IC, but I'm just curious.)


Your Humble Narrator

One arena and a set number of matches per team. I won't be running through the competitors matches for the sake of everyones sanity but I have a hierarchy in my head of which teams have a more competent pair of combatants.


Which leads to the next question: How did you keep yourself from subconsciously fitting trials to NPCs or NPCs to trials, depending on whether you built the NPCs or chose the trials first? Obviously, you didn't stack the deck, because it would have been simple to make a human barbarian with a maxed-out Con and Run and Endurance to lap the field in the race. I think I would have a hard time not metagaming, by knowing either the trials or the strengths of the NPCs.

151 to 200 of 3,086 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / DM AK's Sargavan Saga OOC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.